PDA

View Full Version : Week 0 at Shotwell Stadium in Abilene

jtk1519
05-20-2005, 11:52 PM
The AISD is putting together a nice little kickoff classic type event to bring in the new season and show off some of the improvements to Shotwell Stadium. Friday night will feature local teams Clyde and Ballinger. Saturday afternoon will feature a GREAT game between Midland Lee and Southlake Carroll. Saturday Evening will feature Abilene High and Lubbock Monterey. High School Xtra Live will do their show live from Shotwell and BOTH Saturday games will be broadcast regionally on FSN I believe. Regionally includes all of West Texas and the Metroplex and I think the Panhandle as well. Abilene Cooper tried to talk Mansfield Summit into coming back to Abilene for the Friday night game, but that didnt work out. Should still be a great weekend of football.

NMHS fan
05-21-2005, 07:57 AM
Wow, sounds like a great weekend of football! I wouldn't mind seeing any of those games, and I haven't been to Shotwell since the late 90s.

jtk1519
05-21-2005, 03:36 PM
Wow, sounds like a great weekend of football! I wouldn't mind seeing any of those games, and I haven't been to Shotwell since the late 90s.

It should be great. A large chunk of the stadium's rennovations will be done by then so Shotwell will be looking very nice. It would be even better if we could get a Thursday night game, but it's a pretty good lineup as it is. That Lee/SLC game could be a dandy.

relraiderfan
05-21-2005, 08:17 PM
jtk, any idea when and how you can get tickets, and will they do package deals? I plan on being there, and am already looking forward to it.

odessapermian.com
05-21-2005, 08:56 PM
We'll be heading down to San Antonio for our 10th anniversary on that day, but I'm trying to talk the hag into taking a detour through Abilene for this deal. :D

drgnbkr
05-21-2005, 10:21 PM
It's going to be some kind of hot in Abilene that afternoon!

SLC-Dad
05-21-2005, 11:28 PM
JTK......Do you know if they will clear the stadium after the first game or will the SLC/Lee fans be able stay for the AHS/Monty game??

jtk1519
05-21-2005, 11:35 PM
JTK......Do you know if they will clear the stadium after the first game or will the SLC/Lee fans be able stay for the AHS/Monty game??

I have heard they might clear the stadium. I know there is a big tailgate party planned between the two games. I have also heard that a ticket will be offered that will cover entrance into all the games. The CISD should have all the info pretty soon, but I'm gonna try and find out for sure here.

I know I heard some talk about the AHS/Monty game drawing the biggest crowds, but I have seen Lee travel and I have seen SLC travel. I wouldnt be a bit surprised if there is a full house for that game.