PDA

View Full Version : Question for KT2000 and ktchamp97

Rerun
05-20-2005, 02:41 PM
Obviously, 5ATXFB is huge. Lots of visitors, lots of info. Why doesn't the site persue advertisers?Wouldn't this be a good way to offset costs of bandwidth usage and hosting? I think its a good idea to always get some sponsors/advertisers for a bussiness.

lonny23
05-20-2005, 02:49 PM
Obviously, 5ATXFB is huge. Lots of visitors, lots of info. Why doesn't the site persue advertisers?Wouldn't this be a good way to offset costs of bandwidth usage and hosting? I think its a good idea to always get some sponsors/advertisers for a bussiness.
I've always wondered the same thing.

ktchamp97
05-20-2005, 04:15 PM
We have pursued it in the past and we are currently in the midst of negotiations. If you know anyone that might be interested, seriously interested, then give them my email address.

We really do love doing this thing and we'll continue to do it without charging you guys or asking for handouts, but if someone wanted to pay us for providing them the exposure, we'd be all over it.

wide-e-wide
05-20-2005, 04:18 PM
Good to know kt...

So here is the deal...I got this idea for a hemp football.
See you ....awww nevermind, you'll just laugh at me.

ktchamp97
05-20-2005, 04:30 PM
Hah, I guess I should clarify...

If someone, who we deem as an appropriate sponsor, wants to pay us for providing them the advertising exposure, we'd be all over it.

Rerun
05-20-2005, 04:35 PM
How about cross promotion with other major media outlets. Not just football related sites, but high school sports sites in general? No money would be exchanged, but I bet that traffic would increase, even giving more leverage to sway potential advertisers. just a thought...

LoneRocket
05-20-2005, 10:15 PM
--

ktchamp97
05-20-2005, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the heads up LoneRocket, and, yes, that is a concern. We will need to find a mutually beneficial relationship and one that doesn't require that we sacrifice any content.

CoppellCowboy57
05-23-2005, 05:12 PM
sweet, thats a good idea actolly

SeguinMatadors
01-29-2007, 02:38 PM

Good question Rerun. Ill be looking forward to some answeres to these hardcutters.

KT2000
01-29-2007, 05:59 PM
It's definitely something we'd like to have on the site to help offset cost and allow us to provide more content wise, but obviously a lot goes into something like that. Just communicating with potential advertisers is tough enough. Most are on their own schedule, understandably, so just getting in the door is the toughest part of the whole deal. It definitely helps to have an "in" with a prospective company.

We've been very close on a couple of big deals, but we're still looking for that first one to realize the enormous potential this site provides any advertiser and get on board. Once we get the first, we could then see the flood gates released as a result.

I think some advertisers are a little skeptical about the concept of advertising online, so that's something we've really got to sell hard and show them the evidence of the incredible amount of traffic we get now. The ideal scenario would have us link up with a company or companies who support(s) not only the web site, but also want to get on board with the Gridiron Guide and help allow us print and distribute that every season.

svhorns
01-29-2007, 06:50 PM
It's definitely something we'd like to have on the site to help offset cost and allow us to provide more content wise, but obviously a lot goes into something like that. Just communicating with potential advertisers is tough enough. Most are on their own schedule, understandably, so just getting in the door is the toughest part of the whole deal. It definitely helps to have an "in" with a prospective company.

We've been very close on a couple of big deals, but we're still looking for that first one to realize the enormous potential this site provides any advertiser and get on board. Once we get the first, we could then see the flood gates released as a result.

I think some advertisers are a little skeptical about the concept of advertising online, so that's something we've really got to sell hard and show them the evidence of the incredible amount of traffic we get now. The ideal scenario would have us link up with a company or companies who support(s) not only the web site, but also want to get on board with the Gridiron Guide and help allow us print and distribute that every season.
This site has extreme potential.. Im waiting for the t-shirts... hats... magnets...individual team products sponsored by 5atexasfootball.com(I wanna collect every schools t-shirt if its legal)... stickers... the sky is the limit here...

slorch
01-29-2007, 06:52 PM
What is a general starting price for an ad block, let's say on the banner up top where you have the SLC and CH logos, but in the middle?

I started to IM it, but thought it might be a good general question.

I work for a company that i guarantee makes money off of High School football, with travel and all. i would be willing to ask around, if i had something to shoot towards...

KT2000
01-29-2007, 07:00 PM
svhorns, I agree. The Gridiron Guide alone holds incredible potential.

Favpack
01-29-2007, 07:03 PM
I say you lock down the UIL as the lone sponsor - ok, maybe not.

KT2000
01-29-2007, 07:05 PM
When I look into my crystal ball, I see these three things clearly:

5A Texas Football.com "Kickoff Classic"
Gridiron Guide in print and available at multiple locations around Texas
5A Texas Football.com Annual Scholarship(s)

No one wants to see this thing take off more than I do.

dragonsdaddy
01-29-2007, 07:13 PM
it seems ua or nike or some such would be an ideal sponsor and you ideal for them.

mad_fan
01-29-2007, 08:28 PM
I'd rather send you guys money...
But then again...that last check cleared the bank...and I'm still not in the HOF...

svhorns
01-29-2007, 08:32 PM
it seems ua or nike or some such would be an ideal sponsor and you ideal for them.

I think they would try and take over...

jakerz
01-29-2007, 08:36 PM
Pm'd you guys. You make internet marketing too hard. Its easy guys...come on!

svhorns
01-29-2007, 08:37 PM
Pm'd you guys. You make internet marketing too hard. Its easy guys...come on!

do the darn thing jakerz

GTown02
01-29-2007, 08:44 PM
What kind of traffic does this site get daily?

I've always loved looking at those kind of statistics.

svhorns
01-29-2007, 08:49 PM

its almost as bad as Austin traffic but just a little watered down

stevefoxsc
01-29-2007, 08:56 PM

there are a lot you have to take into inconsideration when you do this.

Goon Rush and slashdot effects which is when ever people basically use your site as a tool not to mention we already have 1 case of that if any one remembers the poster trying to sale boot leg Nike, Gucci, Louis, Vuitton, I-Pods, and etc. Don't forget several of these pop ups now manipulate ur ip location and add spam and spyware, and not to forget most of the times hijack forums members and tool them, and these pop ups kill bandwith on us and them.

Slim-Rob
01-29-2007, 09:01 PM
you should get myspace to sponser you :D

KT2000
01-29-2007, 09:04 PM

We get between 300,000 and 500,000 sessions per month in-season which translates to between 2 and 4 million pageviews. We get 90K to 100K sessions in the off-season months. Sessions, as our stats are calculated, are the most accurate representation of how many "people" (or more accurately, computers) are visiting a web site that you can get.

DragonBand06
01-29-2007, 11:49 PM

My address is 2542 Anthem Lane...:D

DragonBand06
01-29-2007, 11:50 PM
you should get myspace to sponser you :DI can totally get a Facebook group going...