PDA

View Full Version : Colerain Coach Visits Tyler

supercentex
05-20-2005, 08:27 AM
Colerain Coach Visits Tyler

Cincinnati Colerain head coach Kerry Coombs wanted to give his Cardinals a sense of what high school football means to Texas, so he took the entire team to see "Friday Night Lights."

"We wanted to see what (that level of passion is) like, and you guys are living it," Coombs said Wednesday at a news conference held at the Tyler Chamber of Commerce.

"When I think about high school football (in Ohio), you are proud of the tradition that your state has, but you also understand that there are places in the country where high school football is extremely special."

The media event showcased the teams and head coaches competing in this year's East Texas Football Classic, and officially announced the inaugural Kirk Herbstreit Ohio vs. USA Challenge, featuring Robert E. Lee and Colerain.

The game will kick off at 8 p.m. Friday, Sept. 9 at Columbus Crew Stadium in Columbus, Ohio.

"We expect this game to be played in front of a sellout crowd of about 24,000 and a national television audience," said Ken Halloy, Vice President of FSM Ltd., a Central Ohio sports marketing firm. "Which ESPN station will pick it up yet, we are not sure. It will likely be ESPN Classic or ESPN2."

The game is also being billed as part one of a two-part clash between Texas and Ohio, culminating in one of the most anticipated college football games of next season - Texas at Ohio State.

Herbstreit, a former Ohio State (1989-92) quarterback and now renowned college football analyst for "ESPN GameDay", released a statement about how pleased he is to premiere his high school event on the eve of the Texas-Ohio State game.

"It's Texas vs. Ohio, North vs. South, the tradition of Texas high school football against the tradition of Ohio high school football. It doesn't get any better than that," Herbstreit said. "The eyes of the football world will descend upon Columbus, Ohio that weekend, and I'm extremely thrilled to be a part of it."

Tyler Independent School District Athletic Director Danny Long called the game "one of those opportunities that may come around once in a career for a coach. I am sure Robert E. Lee will represent this state with class, and hopefully, open the door for many other Texas high schools to travel throughout the country in the coming years."

Dave Stephenson, president of TITUS Sports Marketing in Dallas, is responsible for creating the East Texas Football Classic, and had a large hand in the Herbstreit Ohio vs. USA Challenge. This is extra special for Stephenson because he and Halloy were college buddies, both attending Ohio State.

"I grew up in Cincinnati ... I thought Ohio football was great and then I came down here and thought it was a different level," Stephenson said. "Now I am going back to Ohio in what is my new home and my love - Texas high school football."

Lee vs. Colerain is a showdown of state champions. Lee won the Class 5A Division I state title and Colerain finished as Ohio Division I state champs. Both teams lost several key players to graduation, but are expected to defend their titles.

Lee head coach Mike Owens acknowledged Colerain's prowess last season, and added "We don't have the same team we did last year, and I am hoping that they don't for sure.

"We are looking forward to it and it's an opportunity I couldn't turn down for our kids," Owens said. "I don't enjoy flying that far, but our players will and that is what it's all about anyway."

Coombs said the Cardinals will have to replace several starters from last season after 32 players graduated.

"We have a lot of holes to fill," Coombs said. "We were lucky enough to have a good team last year, which has given us the opportunity to participate in a game like this.

"We could get beat 100-0, but we will have played the best team from the best state. And for us to be able to do that is invaluable."

PackAttack2005
05-20-2005, 09:05 AM
I am sure that SLC could have something to say about this guys last statement. Also Lufkin who beat Tyler Lee 44-33 last year.

If I remember correctly, SLC was National Champions in 2004.

This guy from Ohio doesn't really pay much attention to Texas HS football or he would have known better than to say Tyler Lee was the best Texas has to offer.

If the truth be known, Lufkin was asked to play this game in Ohio first by ESPN and Outlaw turned the opportunity down.

Why wasn't SLC asked?

ALLIN
05-20-2005, 09:27 AM
I hope that is a good game, they could play one of several teams from Texas and think they were playing the best. Good Luck Tyler.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-20-2005, 09:36 AM
I am sure that SLC could have something to say about this guys last statement. Also Lufkin who beat Tyler Lee 44-33 last year.

This guy from Ohio doesn't really pay much attention to Texas HS football or he would have known better than to say Tyler Lee was the best Texas has to offer.

If the truth be known, Lufkin was asked to play this game in Ohio first by ESPN and Outlaw turned the opportunity down.

Why wasn't SLC asked?WOW! the truth comes out on Fridays! :eek:

supercentex
05-20-2005, 09:56 AM
You know how coaches are.....they are going to talk up the other team no matter what.

GTown02
05-20-2005, 10:55 AM
I wish Colerain would travel down here and play a game, that would just be awesome. Since Lee has to play in Ohio, have Colerain come down to Texas next year. :)

PackAttack2005
05-20-2005, 11:08 AM
I would like to see that as well, but you know this probably only a one shot pony for this year for these teams.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-20-2005, 11:47 AM
LP will have a squad next season so have them play Colerian

lonny23
05-20-2005, 11:52 AM

Why wasn't SLC asked?
If he really wanted to play the best team, he would've talked to Coach Rackley! :D

lonny23
05-20-2005, 11:54 AM
If I was to guess somebody like Moeller will be in the game next year. I bet Kirk always has the game in Ohio, too.

Red Raiders
05-20-2005, 12:29 PM

Why wasn't SLC asked?

Because Colerain are scared of Southlake Carroll.

dragons06
05-20-2005, 04:17 PM
Because Colerain are scared of Southlake Carroll.
That and SLC's schedule is full.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-20-2005, 04:19 PM
That and SLC's schedule is full.
I would be afraid of the #1 team in the whole nation too.

relraiderfan
05-21-2005, 08:22 PM
seeing that herbstreit has billed it "ohio vs. USA", then my guess would be that next year he will try to have a team from ohio playing someone from cali or florida. just a thought. I doubt it would be another texas team. as for espn asking lufkin, flatter yourselves all you want, but i am pretty sure that espn was brought into the picture after the game was set up.

PackAttack2005
05-21-2005, 10:00 PM
Your wrong on both of your last points. I know when they asked Outlaw and when he turned them down, ESPN was involved from the beginning because ABC (which is part of ESPN) is broadcasting the Texas @ Ohio State game on Saturday, after Lee and Colerain play on Friday night.

It doesn't matter to me, except for the truth, I am going to drop the whole matter after this response. I am glad that Outlaw didn't accept the offer to do this game, it would only have been a huge travel distraction trying to do this and get ready for district play. Too much money to spend. In order to do it right, you must take the entire Texas High School experience to Ohio. That's not going to happen. I hope they come down to Texas next year and see what HS football is really all about.

I wish Lee the best, have fun.

AIRITOUT
05-21-2005, 11:06 PM

Why wasn't SLC asked?

Pack... If you are going to tell it, then let's be accurate... Lufkin was asked to play in Ohio, but it was to be a doubleheader, with Lufkin playing another team from Ohio. Do you know why Outlaw turned it down? Seems like it would of been a great opportunity for the kids, with National TV being a part of it.

SLC-Dad
05-21-2005, 11:23 PM
If he really wanted to play the best team, he would've talked to Coach Rackley! :D

Yeah Lonnie, I'm sure the Colerain coach had the names of a few teams they dispatched along the way for your boys to play in the "OH/TX Coulda-Shoulda Bowl"........ :D :D

PackAttack2005
05-21-2005, 11:42 PM
I think I have explained why Outlaw turned down. It would have been too much of a distraction just before district play starts, expense to travel to Ohio and unfair to Lufkin fans because most probably could not go. Lee will probably be lucky to have 300 fans on hand to watch their game in Ohio.

SLC got their national exposure beating teams from Texas, not Ohio.

I would rather see Lufkin play a Odessa Permian or Converse Judson or a Jenks, Oklahoma than go to Ohio.

stevefoxsc
05-22-2005, 01:23 AM
I would be afraid of the #1 team in the whole nation too.
id be scared of any team that can stop lufkin from winning a state championship and slc is the team year and year out though they have cocky fans....

Owned05
05-22-2005, 01:31 AM
id be scared of any team that can stop lufkin from winning a state championship and slc is the team year and year out though they have cocky fans....

When you goto 3 consecutive State Championship games, you have earned the right to be cocky.

Xfballphenome05
05-22-2005, 01:35 AM
SLC wasnt asked becuase no one wants to c a blowout,they want the game to be close,just like they try to do with monday night games in the NFL.i honestly think that the top 10 teams from texas could beat the best team from Ohio.but good luck u Ohioians.

concha
05-23-2005, 09:07 PM
SLC wasnt asked becuase no one wants to c a blowout,they want the game to be close,just like they try to do with monday night games in the NFL..but good luck u Ohioians.

Colerain would have spanked SLC in the '04 season. SLC gave up nearly 3 TDs per game. Colerain? 6 POINTS per game (about 3 on average if they would have left in the starters). The most yardage Colerain gave up al year was less than the AVERAGE that SLC did. I have talked to guys who have seen both teams play and the verdict is nearly unanimous that Colerain was CLEARLY better (and these were NOT Ohioans).

The only blowout that would occur in a Colerain-SLC game is the Colerain starters out by the middle of the 3rd fighting over cool refreshing beverages while the JVs get some PT.

"i honestly think that the top 10 teams from texas could beat the best team from Ohio" - LMAO. You honestly have no clue.

drgnbkr
05-23-2005, 09:54 PM
Bring it on down here Ohio Guy...you got nothin..The polls knew it in 04..where were you?

concha
05-23-2005, 10:01 PM
Bring it on down here Ohio Guy...you got nothin..The polls knew it in 04..where were you?

SLC was NOT a unanimous #1, my lad. Calpreps had Colerain #1. I believe at least one poll had MV #1....

Prepnation had a mythical national championship bracket and Colerain won. Colerain creamed them when it came to non-homer votes (non-Texasn, non-Ohioan votes). I have chatted with several people who were all SLC until they saw and heard about just how god Colerain was last season.

Wake up. SLC one because they got into the #1 spot early and didn't lose (though God knows they tried). How many squeakers did SLC survive? LOL.

wide-e-wide
05-23-2005, 10:21 PM
My Dad can beat up your Dad...na nanana boo-boo...
Gimme a break. They must not know about the super-duper
deluxe headphones up in Ohio. SLC would've smoked 'em.

Shoot2thrill
05-23-2005, 10:32 PM
SLC was NOT a unanimous #1, my lad. Calpreps had Colerain #1. I believe at least one poll had MV #1....

Prepnation had a mythical national championship bracket and Colerain won. Colerain creamed them when it came to non-homer votes (non-Texasn, non-Ohioan votes). I have chatted with several people who were all SLC until they saw and heard about just how god Colerain was last season.

Wake up. SLC one because they got into the #1 spot early and didn't lose (though God knows they tried). How many squeakers did SLC survive? LOL.

Apparently somewhere in Ohio a village is missing their idiot as well as his name is ---cha. :D :confused: :rolleyes:

Texasfrog
05-23-2005, 10:55 PM

I love it that you've made your way to this site. You named alot of Ohio coaches on another site that said Colerain was the best team they ever saw. Lets see.. "All those coaches were from OHIO!!" --- "OHIO!!" Now, unless Ohio is the United States of Ohio get over it. Colerain was a very good team for OHIO.

Did Coach Outlaw (Lufkin) say Colerain was the best team ? NOPE !
Coach Dodge (SLC) ? NOPE.
Coach Quis (Mid Lee)? NOPE.
Coach Warren (Abilene) ? NOPE.
Coach Florence (Denton R)? NOPE.
Coach King (Longview)? NOPE.
Coach Joseph (Katy) ? NOPE.

I could sit here and name about 100 other Texas coaches buddy.

Coach Owens (Tyler Lee) said he doubts the 2004 Colerain team was any better than Lufkin or Longview. This is from the Head coach of the team Colerain is going to play from Texas (Tyler Lee). Wow !

None of these Texas coaches even came close to saying Colerain was the best team they ever saw. Why ? They probably didnt even see Colerain play,,, Thats why.

Just like non of the Ohio coaches saw any of the Texas schools play. I doubt they saw SLC, Lufkin , Longview, REL, Westfield, Abilene, Smithson Valley play huh ??

Just because SLC had some close games doenst mean they were bad either genious. Just means that Texas has that thing called "Top competition."

I saw the 2004 Colerain vs McKinley game. That Mckinley team was pretty much pathetic. Texas has (5-5) 4A teams that would of probably beat them (FACT).

I can promise you that the top 15 or so Texas 5A teams would of destroyed Mckinley just as bad as Colerain did if not worse.

Colerain was a nice team. But if Mckinley was a shining example of the competition Colerain was playing against in 2004. I wouldnt be running my mouth to much buddy.

We'll see here in a few months just how good Colerain is ? Both teams have about the same amount of rebuilding to doi so I dont want to hear anything from you if REL destroys them in their own backyard.

PS. If you honestly believe in National polls on the High school level. Well, the sky is Green if you know what I mean and I have some Ocean front property in Arizona for you.

Texasfrog
05-23-2005, 11:04 PM

One more thing there Concha. I thought Coach Coombs (Colerain) put it best during his recent trip to Texas after seeing some of the Texas high schools like SCL, Tyler Lee and a few others.

First.. He basically said Texas is light years ahead of Ohio. I thought we were bigtime with High school football but see we're not.

Second.. " I wish last years team could play this game." Sounds like with that statment that Coach Coombs has a little nervous energy.

I think he caught some Texas Spring practices. I bet he was like "oh my !"

concha
05-23-2005, 11:09 PM
Reading is fundamental, Mr. Einstein.

The Ohio coaches I mentioned who praised Colerain are ones with years of experience who have coached against or seen many nationally known programs (Moeller for example, St. Ignatius, McKinley....). The quotes were to show that Colerain was not simply a good team. they were one of those teams that only comes along very so often.

Truth be told, I think SLC is cerainly one of the best programs in the nation in recent years. But they would not have beaten '04 Colerain. And you are right about McKinley. There were several teams from Northeast Ohio (and elsewhere) that were better without question. Cleveland Glenville, for example. The Tarblooders are perhaps THE fastest team in the country. Their coach can be thanked for them not being in the finals. Such is fate.

As far as people seeing SLC and Colerain play, over on texashsfootball.com most tended to think that Colerain was the better team. Sorry to break it to you.

concha
05-23-2005, 11:19 PM
One more thing there Concha. I thought Coach Coombs (Colerain) put it best during his recent trip to Texas after seeing some of the Texas high schools like SCL, Tyler Lee and a few others.

First.. He basically said Texas is light years ahead of Ohio. I thought we were bigtime with High school football but see we're not.

Second.. " I wish last years team could play this game." Sounds like with that statment that Coach Coombs has a little nervous energy.

I think he caught some Texas Spring practices. I bet he was like "oh my !"

Given the imbalance in spending in Texas between academics and football, I am sure he was mightily impressed. And have you ever heard of the term "sandbagging". He was blowing so much sunshine that the Texans around him must have 3rd degree burns on their keesters.

Colerain's got plenty of talent coming back despite all they lost. Their star running back will likely be the fastest kid on the field and the other is a highly competitive hurdler. Speed they will have. They return 3 o-linemen from last year's championship team also - two of whom are D1As (one of them is Scout.com's #1 Midwest recruit and rated one of the nation's top five quick OTs by Max Emfinger). They have at least 4 guys back from last year's defensive front, their best DB is back.... The huge question is at QB.

If you Texas homers think REL will roll over Colerain, you're sorely mistaken.

Texasfrog
05-23-2005, 11:31 PM
Reading is fundamental, Mr. Einstein.

The Ohio coaches I mentioned who praised Colerain are ones with years of experience who have coached against or seen many nationally known programs (Moeller for example, St. Ignatius, McKinley....). The quotes were to show that Colerain was not simply a good team. they were one of those teams that only comes along very so often.

Truth be told, I think SLC is cerainly one of the best programs in the nation in recent years. But they would not have beaten '04 Colerain. And you are right about McKinley. There were several teams from Northeast Ohio (and elsewhere) that were better without question. Cleveland Glenville, for example. The Tarblooders are perhaps THE fastest team in the country. Their coach can be thanked for them not being in the finals. Such is fate.

As far as people seeing SLC and Colerain play, over on texashsfootball.com most tended to think that Colerain was the better team. Sorry to break it to you.

The should be, could be, woulda be.. I saw Colerain 2004 team play against a very , very, very average at best Mckinley team. Mckinley was at best a (5-5) Texas 4A team.

SLC I can promise you without a shadow of doubt would of destroyed that Mckinley team to the tune of 60-0. No doubt about that.

That Mckinley team had no passing game and thier O-line was "average" at best. They had a nice little scat-back but that's all they had. SLC would of shut down Mckinley also.

I can promise you that SLC offense is 100 times better than Mckinley. One Hundred times better.

You can sat here and tell me that there was alot of other Ohio teams better than Mckinley. Thats fine. All I know is they played in the Ohio State Title game against Colerain. So, Mckinley must of been pretty good for Ohio ,huh?

Again,, you tell me about Ohio coaches from St.Iggy, Mckinley and Moeller. Let me tell you again buddy. Thats OHIO coaches.

I didnt hear any Texas coaches telling me that Colerain was the best team.

In fact (Coach Owen) for Tyler Lee said in the Tyler paper that he seriously doubts that the 2004 Colerain team was any better than Lufkin or Longview.

I can tell you because I saw all of them play in 2004. Colerain was no better or worse than Longview or Lufkin.

We'll see here soon. Both teams have the same amount of rebuilding to do so lets not hear anything when REL comes to Colerain's backyard in Ohio and takes care of business.

Dont be nervous when you see wide open Tyler Lee receivers running down the field. Thats from all the different formations that you see with Texas High school football.

NewSherriffInTown
05-23-2005, 11:40 PM
SLC had to squeeze games out because they actually played people.

Like I said, and I'm a New Yorker, I've never even seen a TX game live yet...Ohio is overrated. I've heard about them from the NY boards and their poor showings against the upstate NY teams which aren't even the best NY has to offer.

Texasfrog
05-23-2005, 11:52 PM
Given the imbalance in spending in Texas between academics and football, I am sure he was mightily impressed. And have you ever heard of the term "sandbagging". He was blowing so much sunshine that the Texans around him must have 3rd degree burns on their keesters.

Colerain's got plenty of talent coming back despite all they lost. Their star running back will likely be the fastest kid on the field and the other is a highly competitive hurdler. Speed they will have. They return 3 o-linemen from last year's championship team also - two of whom are D1As (one of them is Scout.com's #1 Midwest recruit and rated one of the nation's top five quick OTs by Max Emfinger). They have at least 4 guys back from last year's defensive front, their best DB is back.... The huge question is at QB.

If you Texas homers think REL will roll over Colerain, you're sorely mistaken.

I doubt it. I think Coach Coombs was throughly overly impressed with what he saw in Texas.

Next, you dont have to give me what Colerain has coming back or what they lost.

QB- Dominick Goodman - Cincinnati (basketball)
Rb- Mister Simpson - Michigan
Db-Brayden Coombs - Miami Ohio
Db-Justin Moore - Eastern Ill.
Dt- Tirdill Byrd - Tenn-martin
Dt- Terrill Byrd - Cincinnati
Lb- Andre Revels - Cincinnati

From what I saw watching the Colerain game. Colerain is losing two studs that made 90% of the plays on defense with ( Byrd and Revels). Just so you know I thought Brayden Coombs was their best DB.

Dominick Goodman was 90% of their offense and he couldnt throw the ball. Please dont try to tell me he could.

I see that Colerain has a few decent O-lineman coming back. Especially with Conner Smith (6-5/280). Now saying all of that.

I can really tell that you know nothing about Texas football at the 5A or even top 4A level. I can tell you know nothing about teams like Tyler Lee.

Tyler Lee will have ever bit the size and speed that Colerain has. For you to sit here and tell me that this kid or that kid will be the fastest player on the field just makes me laugh. I can promise you that Tyler Lee has some boys that can flat smoke it.

Teams like Tyler Lee, Longview, Lufkin, Westfield, Galena Park North Shore and about 5 other Texas teams wont take a backseat to anyone in the nation when it comes to team size and team speed.

Please amigo. Even Ohio State has 2 Texas kids starting on thier defense this year.. LB-Athony Schlegal and DB-Ashton Youboty.

Texasfrog
05-24-2005, 12:07 AM
I'm not sure Colerain ever see's teams in Ohio that bring about 20 different formations to the field with shifting and motion. The true test for Colerain this year just like last years team will to be if there defense can match-up with all the different looks that Tyler Lee will bring to the field.

I'm not sure Colerain will do it. I dont think they ever see that in Ohio to that level.

Also, I can promise you that RB-Terrence Sherrer (5-10/190) wont be any more physical or fast than RB- Jason Williams (6-0/200) that runs a 4.5 and bring a load. He averaged like 7 yds a pop last year.

Tyler Lee's new QB- Preston Hill is a D-1 prospect. You'll see just how good and legit he is. The kid can flat throw it and if the throw isnt there he has the athletic skill to take off and become a good RB.

I can also promise you that Tyler Lee's O-line will be one of the biggest and soundest coached lines that Colerain probably has ever played against. "EVER PLAYED AGAINST."

You'll See.

PS. Unless Colerain's new QB can throw the football. It's probably going to be a long day in happyville. Tyler Lee will stack 8 players in the box and play cover 1 over the top and bring so much Heat to that new QB that he'll probably end up turning the ball over 5 or 6 times in the game. Just a wild hunch I have.

concha
05-24-2005, 07:33 AM
SLC had to squeeze games out because they actually played people.

Like I said, and I'm a New Yorker, I've never even seen a TX game live yet...Ohio is overrated. I've heard about them from the NY boards and their poor showings against the upstate NY teams which aren't even the best NY has to offer.

?????

Apart from Iggy fumbling away the game last season against St. Francis (4 turnovers in the 2nd half), what are you talking about? In the late 90s they played two games with Iggy winning them by a combined 110-7. And St. Francis lost to Cincy St. Xavier 28-0 last season. Please tell me about all these poor showings by Ohio teams against NY teams. That's pure BS.

concha
05-24-2005, 07:43 AM
PS. Unless Colerain's new QB can throw the football. It's probably going to be a long day in happyville. Tyler Lee will stack 8 players in the box and play cover 1 over the top and bring so much Heat to that new QB that he'll probably end up turning the ball over 5 or 6 times in the game. Just a wild hunch I have.

Stack the box. Gee. Nobody's thought of that before. I don't think Colerain has been held below 20 points in the last 5 years or more. In the last two years they have averaged 43 ppg. And this includes very solid programs like Elder and Moeller that have played them many times before.

Stopping a well-run option game with the quality of o-line and RBs that Colerain will have is nearly impossible at the high school level. It is one of the reasons that DLS in Cali has had so much success. It took a precipitous drop in talent level before they lost. Barring problems with the new QB, Colerain will score 4+ TDs. It's like clockwork.

Texasfrog
05-24-2005, 08:18 AM
Stack the box. Gee. Nobody's thought of that before. I don't think Colerain has been held below 20 points in the last 5 years or more. In the last two years they have averaged 43 ppg. And this includes very solid programs like Elder and Moeller that have played them many times before.

Stopping a well-run option game with the quality of o-line and RBs that Colerain will have is nearly impossible at the high school level. It is one of the reasons that DLS in Cali has had so much success. It took a precipitous drop in talent level before they lost. Barring problems with the new QB, Colerain will score 4+ TDs. It's like clockwork.

Ok genious. Please be here after the game so you can humble explain how this and that didnt happen for Colerain when they play Tyler Lee.

Its just plain funny how you totally disrespect Texas football as some second tier football State.

Like I said even the might Ohio St makes its way to Texas to recruit kids: Look at Ohio St 2 Texas defense starters: LB-Schegal and DB-Youboty.

Wr-David Boston, Ohio Sts All-American receiver a few years ago, sorry Concha his a Texas kid- Humble ,Tx.

You'll see.

SLC would of put at least 30 to 35 pts on last years Colerain team. Colerain didnt play team that has the offense or players to carry it the offense like SLC had last year.

And Yes, I think Tyler Lee will stack the box on Colerain and play cover 1 over the top. (I'm assuming you know what Cover 1 is). The difference between schools like REL, DLS, Westfield, North Shore, and few other power running schools is they can throw the football.

Colerain cant throw it. They couldnt throw it last year. The only reason Colerain completed any passes at all against McKinley becauase Mckinley defense was just plain pathetic.

Like I said before.. if Mckinley was an example of Ohio State runner-up. I wouldnt be running my mouth at all. That team was at best a Texas (5-5) 4A level team. That's at BEST.

The SLC, Lufkin, Tyler Lee, Spring Westfield, Smithson Valley, Longview and about 10 other Texas 5A schools would of put 50pts on that Mckinley team also.

Heck, the top Texas 4A's like Ennis and Kilgore would of put 50 on them. So, spare me ok.

You'll see here soon enough. Just please be here to explain what you see after the game. Dont run and disappear and act like you never have been to these web-sites talking alot of noise ok.

My prediction: Tyler Lee = 31
Colerain = 17

PS. Dont talk about how strong and deep Ohio High school football is. Mckinley High disproved that theory of yours.

the_great_state_of_TExas
05-24-2005, 08:53 AM
Good to see you have taken the time to post on this website. Now you can use this forum to create your anecdotal little post and really show all of us ignorant Texans that you are truly a superior human being.

Maybe you can get Clean, Cat and the texashs commissioner to join this site and support your "Ohio Rules the world” posts (and ban anyone who disagrees with your points).

:)

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-24-2005, 09:00 AM
Good to see you have taken the time to post on this website. Now you can use this forum to create your anecdotal little post and really show all of us ignorant Texans that you are truly a superior human being.

Maybe you can get Clean, Cat and the texashs commissioner to join this site and support your "Ohio Rules the world” posts (and ban anyone who disagrees with your points).

ha ha!! LMAO! (spittin my pepsi everywhere!) I must have forgotten that the state of OHIO was the Kings of High School football.

concha
05-24-2005, 09:16 AM
Ok genious. Please be here after the game so you can humble explain how this and that didnt happen for Colerain when they play Tyler Lee.

Its just plain funny how you totally disrespect Texas football as some second tier football State.

Like I said even the might Ohio St makes its way to Texas to recruit kids: Look at Ohio St 2 Texas defense starters: LB-Schegal and DB-Youboty.

Wr-David Boston, Ohio Sts All-American receiver a few years ago, sorry Concha his a Texas kid- Humble ,Tx.

You'll see.

SLC would of put at least 30 to 35 pts on last years Colerain team. Colerain didnt play team that has the offense or players to carry it the offense like SLC had last year.

And Yes, I think Tyler Lee will stack the box on Colerain and play cover 1 over the top. (I'm assuming you know what Cover 1 is). The difference between schools like REL, DLS, Westfield, North Shore, and few other power running schools is they can throw the football.

Colerain cant throw it. They couldnt throw it last year. The only reason Colerain completed any passes at all against McKinley becauase Mckinley defense was just plain pathetic.

Like I said before.. if Mckinley was an example of Ohio State runner-up. I wouldnt be running my mouth at all. That team was at best a Texas (5-5) 4A level team. That's at BEST.

The SLC, Lufkin, Tyler Lee, Spring Westfield, Smithson Valley, Longview and about 10 other Texas 5A schools would of put 50pts on that Mckinley team also.

Heck, the top Texas 4A's like Ennis and Kilgore would of put 50 on them. So, spare me ok.

You'll see here soon enough. Just please be here to explain what you see after the game. Dont run and disappear and act like you never have been to these web-sites talking alot of noise ok.

My prediction: Tyler Lee = 31
Colerain = 17

PS. Dont talk about how strong and deep Ohio High school football is. Mckinley High disproved that theory of yours.

1) I have great respect for Texas football. Just because I say that Colerain '04 would have beaten any Texas team does not mean I believe that Ohio has the best team every year. Colerain '04 was a superior team, it's that simple.

2) Ohio State thanks you for the players. FYI, most majot programs recruit from all over. The most dominant program in the last 10-15 years, Miami, has a roster that is 40%+ non-Florida. And aren't we talking high school?

3) SLC was held to less than 30-35 by defenses less powerful than Colerain's. With their starters in, Colerain gave up an average of about 3 ppg last season. Get real.

4) Colerain COULD throw it. When they did pass they has a 67% completion ratio for nearly 20 yards a pop. They simply didn't NEED to throw it. Nobody can really shut down their running game, so why put it in the air? There are three things that can happen when you pass the ball, and two of them are bad, right?

5) Tyler Lee 31 - Colerain 17....I'll remember this one....

6) McKinley was easily the weakest team to play in hte Ohio D1 finals in a long time (maybe ever). But if you care to judge Ohio D1 football by them, then that's your privilege.

concha
05-24-2005, 09:21 AM

Let me get this straight. I, an Ohioan, got you, a Texan, banned from a Texas-based site centered around Texas football that is run by a Texan? How on earth did I do that? Yeahhhh... You bet!

You flatter me. I didn't realize I had so much power. Are you sure it wasn't your brainless posting that got it done for you? I hope you look smarter than you sound.... LMAO

the_great_state_of_TExas
05-24-2005, 09:38 AM
Good to see you are the same ol'e antagonist. You will find this site is not your little coterie.

Concha - I thought of you when I read this story...

In Ohio, an unidentified man in his late twenties walked into a police station with a 9-inch wire protruding from his forehead and calmly asked officers to give him an X-ray to help him find his brain,which he claimed had been stolen. Police were shocked to learn that the man had drilled a 6-inch deep hole in his skull with a Black & Decker power drill and had stuck the wire in to try and find the missing brain.

http://www.ahajokes.com/ohio_jokes.html

concha
05-24-2005, 09:45 AM
Good to see you are the same ol'e antagonist. You will find this site is not your little coterie.

Concha - I thought of you when I read this story...

In Ohio, an unidentified man in his late twenties walked into a police station with a 9-inch wire protruding from his forehead and calmly asked officers to give him an X-ray to help him find his brain,which he claimed had been stolen. Police were shocked to learn that the man had drilled a 6-inch deep hole in his skull with a Black & Decker power drill and had stuck the wire in to try and find the missing brain.

http://www.ahajokes.com/ohio_jokes.html

Good to see you're the same ol' zero value-added.....

But thanks for thinking of me. I think little of you. Or is that "I think of you very little"? Golly! It's both!

Texasfrog
05-24-2005, 11:19 AM
Again, you make references to how Southlake Carroll didnt do this or do that. The last time I looked they were playing against Texas teams last year. I dont remember seeing SLC play any Ohio teams.

I can promise you this however. SLC would of put points in the bunches on teams such as Mckinley. SLC would of put 60 on that team without much of a problem.

The other examlpe of how pathetic Mckinley really was. Colerain turned the dang ball over like 4 times in the 1st quarter and still won the game 50-10. I can promise "MY LIFE" that if Colerain turned the ball over 4 times against a teams like SLC, Lufkin, REL, Longview and about 10 other Texas teams no way on Gods Green Earth would they of won 50-10. In fact the odds would favor they (Colerain) would of lost the game.

Next, you claim that Mckinley was the worst team to play in the Ohio Title game in along time. Well, on the surface I cant help but probably agree with you on that becauase the Mckinley team I saw play would of been lucky to make the Texas 3A Title game and wouldnt of made the Texas 4A's or 5A's title game.

But, Mckinley lost a few games in the regular season. But, they were all pretty close loses by like 7 or 8 pts. In fact the biggest loss other than Colerain was to Austintown-fitch (9-2) team. Mckinley lost to them 22-0. But, than Austintown-fitch lost to Glenville 21-29. Mckinley beat Glenville by a few points in the Ohio semi-finals. So, really it looks like

Glenville, Austintown, Mckinley are pretty much on the same level on any Friday night huh ? So, spare me your exuses about Mckinley. I know we're the truth lies.

Please remember the prediction : Tyler Lee 34 , Colerain 17 I wouldnt post it for you to forget. I do think Tyler Lee will score 4 touchdowns and 2 fieldgoals on Colerain or somewhere in that game.

The truth is I honestly believe that even the 2004 Colerain team would of lost a game or two in Texas. I can see very plainly watching a few Ohio State title games over the last few years that the offensives in Ohio are very simple. Most of the time its a plain (Pro-I) without many different formations , motion or shifting. The defenses in Ohio dont have to adjust to anything 99% of the time. Frankly and honestly it looks like Texas J.V. football with its schemes.

You will see a team with Tyler Lee that's going to bring about 20 to 25 different looks on offense. I can tell you right now that Colerain's (DC) better be coaching those boys up on how to adjust on the run or its going to be lights out. Go watch the Colerain vs Mckinley game buddy. I think Mckinley ran 3 different formations the whole game out of the (I). So spare me how Colerain had this great formidle defense. When you're playing against nothing almost you should be "GREAT."

I can promise you that SLC was and isnt McKinley. Not even remotely close. The fact that Mckinley even scored 10pts on Colerain frankly is somewhat pathetic.

Last: Ohio State woulnt be jack if they didnt recruit nationally buddy. The State of Ohio cant feed the program with enough talent to keep the program in the top national picture.

Now go look at Texas, Texas A&M, Tx Tech they are 95% Texas homegrown boys and all are top #25 level programs. Teams like TCU even bounce on the top #25 with 95% Texas kids.

I wont go into how OU, Miami and about 15 other National programs raid Texas for its talent.

Tyler Lee = 34 Colerain = 17 "remember it."

concha
05-24-2005, 11:55 AM
It is comical how your panties are in such a twist over the thought of Colerain having a better team than SLC last season. Colerain was loaded. Between the seniors and juniors who saw significant PT, you're talking a 10 or so D1 recruits, plus several others who will go on to play college ball. Perhaps the most talented athlete Colerain will field this year was just a sophomore on the '04 team. But your Texas-homer brain can't even begin to accept the possibility.

I can accept the possibility of a Texas team beating an Ohio team. It's just that it wouldn't have happened last year if Colerain was the Ohio team involved. Simple.

As far as the REL-Colerain game, I certainly don't count REL out. Colerain has big questions at QB (crucial) and the d-line, where they lost a couple of absolute studs. However, if Colerain can find an effective replacement at QB, then they WILL score a respectable number of points. In that case, if REL wins it will be in a relatively high-scoring game. The 17 points you predict for Colerain would happen if, and only if, they have trouble filling the open QB spot.

As regards McKinley, they should not have been in the title game. I'm the first to say it. There were at least 4 or 5 teams up there that were clearly superior but either knocked each other out or just simply screwed the pooch (ex. Glenville should have cleaned McK's clocks, how they could lose with the level of talent they possess is beyond me though Coach Ginn was widely criticized for giving the game away). McKinley only qualified 5th in their region (one of four in Ohio D1) as a matter of fact. It was a very strange season up in Northeast Ohio.

Colerain's fumblitis early on in the title game resulted in just 3 points given up (and all the turnovers were well into Colerain territory). I would argue that this speaks very well of a tough defense. McKinley's other 7 were from one breakaway run by a Mr. Ohio Football candidate and D1 Offensive player of the Year Ryan Brinson (West Virginia). To speak of the Cards giving up 10 as "pathetic" is a joke when SLC dropped 3 TDs on average, including an impressive 35-point defensive effort against 3-7 Haltom ( :eek: ). In fact, mighty SLC only held opponents to less than 10 on two occasions last year. Pathetic, huh?

Texasfrog
05-24-2005, 12:45 PM
The sad thing is you have no idea what you're talking about. Last years Colerain team had 10 to 12 Seniors and juniors that will be D-1a football players ? Wow, welcome to the world of Texas football buddy.

Many of the top Texas 5A and few 4A teams have anywhere from 8 to 14 Seniors/juniors that will be D-1A football players. See, you act like that's some huge deal and proves they were great.

Ps. Just so you know genious. The whole thing about having 10 or so D-1A seniors/juniors on the team doesnt hold alot of water to me or other people that know High school football. I've seen more teams loaded with college talent get beat by teams that have just a few college level kids that its almost funny. So, spare me the "Colerain was a college team" comparison ok buddy.

I saw Colerain play amigo. They werent any better or worse than the top #15 Texas teams. Notice I'm "NOT SAYING JUST SLC." I'm saying that the 2004 Colerain team wasnt any better or worse then the top #15 Texas teams. Top 15 Texas teams just in case you dont see it.

I think last years Midland Lee team would of giving Colerain everything they wanted and it would of been a hard fought tough game that would of come down to the end. Midland Lee last year was about #13 in the final Texas 5A rankings.

I do however strongly believe that SLC would of beat them. Colerain defense " I dont think" could adjust to SLC offense. In Ohio teams dont see those types of offensives. Its alot easier to sit here and believe that Colerain could of stopped it but doing it on the field is alot tougher.

Texasfrog
05-24-2005, 12:48 PM
It is comical how your panties are in such a twist over the thought of Colerain having a better team than SLC last season. Colerain was loaded. Between the seniors and juniors who saw significant PT, you're talking a 10 or so D1 recruits, plus several others who will go on to play college ball. Perhaps the most talented athlete Colerain will field this year was just a sophomore on the '04 team. But your Texas-homer brain can't even begin to accept the possibility.

I can accept the possibility of a Texas team beating an Ohio team. It's just that it wouldn't have happened last year if Colerain was the Ohio team involved. Simple.

As far as the REL-Colerain game, I certainly don't count REL out. Colerain has big questions at QB (crucial) and the d-line, where they lost a couple of absolute studs. However, if Colerain can find an effective replacement at QB, then they WILL score a respectable number of points. In that case, if REL wins it will be in a relatively high-scoring game. The 17 points you predict for Colerain would happen if, and only if, they have trouble filling the open QB spot.

As regards McKinley, they should not have been in the title game. I'm the first to say it. There were at least 4 or 5 teams up there that were clearly superior but either knocked each other out or just simply screwed the pooch (ex. Glenville should have cleaned McK's clocks, how they could lose with the level of talent they possess is beyond me though Coach Ginn was widely criticized for giving the game away). McKinley only qualified 5th in their region (one of four in Ohio D1) as a matter of fact. It was a very strange season up in Northeast Ohio.

Colerain's fumblitis early on in the title game resulted in just 3 points given up (and all the turnovers were well into Colerain territory). I would argue that this speaks very well of a tough defense. McKinley's other 7 were from one breakaway run by a Mr. Ohio Football candidate and D1 Offensive player of the Year Ryan Brinson (West Virginia). To speak of the Cards giving up 10 as "pathetic" is a joke when SLC dropped 3 TDs on average, including an impressive 35-point defensive effort against 3-7 Haltom ( :eek: ). In fact, mighty SLC only held opponents to less than 10 on two occasions last year. Pathetic, huh?

If you would like me to start naming some of the players that SLC played against last year at the QB and RB position alone and what schools they are going to I well buddy. RB- Ryan Brinson (West Va), yawwwwnnnnn..

concha
05-24-2005, 01:01 PM
The sad thing is you have no idea what you're talking about. Last years Colerain team had 10 to 12 Seniors and juniors that will be D-1a football players ? Wow, welcome to the world of Texas football buddy.

Many of the top Texas 5A and few 4A teams have anywhere from 8 to 14 Seniors/juniors that will be D-1A football players. See, you act like that's some huge deal and proves they were great.

Ps. Just so you know genious. The whole thing about having 10 or so D-1A seniors/juniors on the team doesnt hold alot of water to me or other people that know High school football. I've seen more teams loaded with college talent get beat by teams that have just a few college level kids that its almost funny. So, spare me the "Colerain was a college team" comparison ok buddy.

I saw Colerain play amigo. They werent any better or worse than the top #15 Texas teams. Notice I'm "NOT SAYING JUST SLC." I'm saying that the 2004 Colerain team wasnt any better or worse then the top #15 Texas teams. Top 15 Texas teams just in case you dont see it.

I think last years Midland Lee team would of giving Colerain everything they wanted and it would of been a hard fought tough game that would of come down to the end. Midland Lee last year was about #13 in the final Texas 5A rankings.

I do however strongly believe that SLC would of beat them. Colerain defense " I dont think" could adjust to SLC offense. In Ohio teams dont see those types of offensives. Its alot easier to sit here and believe that Colerain could of stopped it but doing it on the field is alot tougher.

It's "genius". Ok, "buddy"?

And no, the number of recruits they had doesn't prove them great. Doing things like shutting out an 11-0 team that averages 35-40 ppg is an indication, however. So is an average score of 46-6. Holding one or two opponents to negative rushing yardage qualifies. Plowing through the 5-game post-season and giving up just 22 points is a hint. Especially when the opponents generally average 30+ ppg on average. It's just little clues like this that add up....

And many people would look upon your "They werent any better or worse than the top #15 Texas teams." comment and simply drop your tuckus in the "no clue, no credibility" file. Including many Texans I would imagine. You may have seen them play, but you were definitely watching in "Texas Homer Vision".

I think it would have been hilarious watching Terrill Byrd blow apart the SLC o-line and make football ragu out of Daniel and Luna. That guy, who was Prepnation's Defensive Player of the Year, averaged 2 sacks per game even though he was often double-teamed and only played 3 quarters (if even that) per game.

Texasfrog
05-24-2005, 03:28 PM

And no, the number of recruits they had doesn't prove them great. Doing things like shutting out an 11-0 team that averages 35-40 ppg is an indication, however. So is an average score of 46-6. Holding one or two opponents to negative rushing yardage qualifies. Plowing through the 5-game post-season and giving up just 22 points is a hint. Especially when the opponents generally average 30+ ppg on average. It's just little clues like this that add up....

And many people would look upon your "They werent any better or worse than the top #15 Texas teams." comment and simply drop your tuckus in the "no clue, no credibility" file. Including many Texans I would imagine. You may have seen them play, but you were definitely watching in "Texas Homer Vision".

I think it would have been hilarious watching Terrill Byrd blow apart the SLC o-line and make football ragu out of Daniel and Luna. That guy, who was Prepnation's Defensive Player of the Year, averaged 2 sacks per game even though he was often double-teamed and only played 3 quarters (if even that) per game.

Prepnaton, Prepnation, Prepnation. Wow, with Prepnation I dont think the kids even need to take the football do they? Terrill Byrd would just blow up SLC O-line huh ? wow.. I love it buddy.

I just looked at Rivals (the most respect college scouting service). Wow, didnt see the mighty Terrill Byrd listed as one the nations elite.

I did see Lufkins two DE's:

Mckinner Dixon (6-3/245/4.6) - Texas Tech
Rashad Hunt (6-3/250/4.7) - Texas Tech

when I watched the SLC vs Lufkin game I noticed how both of those top notch blue-chip De's blew up all over SLC offensive line.

If you remotely think for one mili-second that Colerain defense was better than Lufkins defense you've fallen on your head. I can promise you without one shadow of a doubt that Lufkins defense was just as big, fast and physical as Colerains last year.

I also love the fact that you think Colerains defense players would just blow through SLC line. 3 of SLC O-lineman will be major recruits. We wont talk about their QB and Wr's just yet.

And Yes, most Texans that follow Texas high school football will tell you that pretty much the top #15 or so Texas teams are on par with each other most years. Even the top 3 or so Texas 4A's can play with those top Texas 5A's.

Stick to something you know "a little about" like Ohio football. You trying to talk like you know Texas football is frankly funny & insulting.

Texasfrog
05-24-2005, 03:44 PM

Also, like I said before. You're comparing scores and games from Ohio to Texas. If Mckinley is a shining example of an elite Ohio power playing in the State title game ? I wouldnt be comparing scores and games.

Texas has (5-5) 4A teams that would of beaten that Mckinley team buddy. Thats a 100% Fact.

Therefore, Colerain putting 50 on Mckinley and keeping Mckinley to only 10 pts is "NOTHING." Texas has about 20 teams that would of done the same thing to that Mckinley team.

You're comparing Apples to Oranges buddy. SLC , Lufkin, Longview, Tyler Lee and about 10 other Texas teams would of smoked that Mckinley team.

Even you say that mckinley wasnt good. Well, they made it to the Ohio Title game didnt they ? Hmmmmm ? They beat Glenville didnt they ? If you want to blame it on the Glenville coaching then so be it. Coaching is part of the game buddy if you didnt know that.

concha
05-24-2005, 03:53 PM
Per Rivals:

Terrill Byrd

Defensive tackle
Cincinnati (OH)
Colerain

Height: 5-foot-10
Weight: 282 pounds
40-yard dash: 4.7 seconds (not bad for 280+, eh?)

Maybe you need to look harder. The only thing limiting Byrd's appeal at the next level was his height. Either of those guys who are 30-40 pound lighter than Terrill bench anywhere near 500 pounds? Their combination of speed and power is not in Byrd's league. What they DO have is 5 inches of height which many college coaches look for.

Texasfrog
05-24-2005, 04:21 PM
Per Rivals:

Terrill Byrd

Defensive tackle
Cincinnati (OH)
Colerain

Height: 5-foot-10
Weight: 282 pounds
40-yard dash: 4.7 seconds (not bad for 280+, eh?)

Maybe you need to look harder. The only thing limiting Byrd's appeal at the next level tas his height. Either of those guys who are 30-40 pound lighter than Terrill bench anywhere near 500 pounds? Their combination of speed and power is not in Byrd's league. What they DO have is 5 inches of height which many college coaches look for.

Oh you've seen both Mckinner Dixon and Rashad Hunt play ? You know all about thier stats on and off the field ? You know about the rest of Lufkins defense ? Seniors and Juniors on last years team and where they signed or going to sign this year.

Also, I'm not talking about Rivals (2 Stars) rankings. I'm talking about their higher ranked national D-lineman like Lufkins (Dixon and Hunt) both of whom signed with Texas Tech.

Again, if you think Bryd would just blow up SLC O-lineman you've fallen on your head. It also wouldnt matter a whole lot anyway. Most of SLC plays are 3 to 4 steps and "ball gone." So, your fantasy about how Colerains defense would just overpower and push around SLC is funny.

Like I said before. Stick to something you know " A LITTLE ABOUT" like Ohio football. Its totally obvious you know Jack about Texas football.

After the Tyler Lee vs Colerain game you can go chat with your so-called Prep Nation buddy and figure out what happened. Than ya'll can pat each other on the back and say how Tyler Lee was lucky they didnt play the 2004 Colerain team "to make yourselves feel better." Even Colerains Coach Coombs was saying he wished last years team was playing in the game against Tyler Lee. Hmmmmm, think he knows something deep down probably.

Again.. Tyler Lee = 34
Colerain = 17 if not worse. This is my conservative pick.

concha
05-24-2005, 04:35 PM
Also, like I said before. You're comparing scores and games from Ohio to Texas. If Mckinley is a shining example of an elite Ohio power playing in the State title game ? I wouldnt be comparing scores and games.

Texas has (5-5) 4A teams that would of beaten that Mckinley team buddy. Thats a 100% Fact. (It is? They played? Aren't you the brainiac who believes that SLC would have dropped 35 on Colerain? Is that a "fact" also? How's the weather in Fantasyland?)

Therefore, Colerain putting 50 on Mckinley and keeping Mckinley to only 10 pts is "NOTHING." Texas has about 20 teams that would of done the same thing to that Mckinley team. (Another "fact", no doubt. Iron-clad and irrefutable.)

You're comparing Apples to Oranges buddy. SLC , Lufkin, Longview, Tyler Lee and about 10 other Texas teams would of smoked that Mckinley team. (Maybe so, but then McKinley was far from the 2nd best team in Ohio. Not even close, really. Harp on their making the final all you want, they were fortunate, not the team most likely to challenge Colerain. I think the highest I ever saw them ranked was #13. And they qualified 5th in their region, which is weak)

Even you say that mckinley wasnt good. Well, they made it to the Ohio Title game didnt they ? Hmmmmm ? They beat Glenville didnt they ? If you want to blame it on the Glenville coaching then so be it. Coaching is part of the game buddy if you didnt know that. (Thanks, The thought had never occurred to me. Wow. That must make all the crapola you've said be true, right?)

But thanks for the insights.....

concha
05-24-2005, 04:37 PM
Only one of those guys got over 2 stars. Just FYI. But then, you couldn't even find Terrill, so I'm not shocked at the error.

Texasfrog
05-24-2005, 04:46 PM
Only one of those guys got over 2 stars. Just FYI. But then, you couldn't even find Terrill, so I'm not shocked at the error.

Tirddill Byrd (5-10/280) not even ranked by Rivals. He didnt even get 2 stars by them much less even get ranked. He probably took the only offer given to him by Tennessee-Martin and ran with it.

Terrill Byrd (6-0/237) was given 2 stars. He ran with the local offer from Cincinnati.

Both of Lufkins DE's (Dixon and Hunt) had about several offers from around the nation. Just like several other Lufkin defensive players (seniors and juniors). Again, if you think Colerains defense is better than Lufkins defense you've fallen on your head.

Like I said.. Tyler Lee =34
colerain =17

Than you can come post how the 2004 colerain team would of , could of, should of beaten everyone and how great they were. ( in ohio).

say hi to my two Texas boys starting on defense for Ohio State.. Lb-Schegal and Db-youboty. Wonder why the Ohio St coaching staff finds there way to Texas to get some kids when the State of Ohio has all this awesome great talent ??? Hmmmmmmmm ? Could it be that Texas has ??? Hmmmmm ?

Texasfrog
05-24-2005, 04:50 PM
But thanks for the insights.....

I love it man.. The team that makes it to the Ohio State Championship was lucky and shouldnt of been there and blah blah blah.

I think the honest truth their "killer' is Mckinley was really one of the better teams in Ohio in 2004.

I do agree with you though. They are pathetic.

concha
05-24-2005, 05:13 PM
Youboty. Quite the cowpoke.

Texan via Liberia and Philly. Don't get no more home grown than that....

concha
05-24-2005, 05:15 PM
[QUOTE=Texasfrog]I love it man.. The team that makes it to the Ohio State

I think the honest truth their "killer' is Mckinley was really one of the better teams in Ohio in 2004.

QUOTE]

Then you truly are ignorant and not very bright.

PS: Save it for the sandbox. ;)

concha
05-24-2005, 05:25 PM
Oh, and Schegal? IF the Ohio State coaching staff went anywhere to find him, it was to beautiful Colorado. You see, he transferred to Ohio State from the Air Force Academy. Must have wanted to play for a contender and avoid the annual Oklahoma <edit> of Texas.

wide-e-wide
05-24-2005, 05:25 PM
You two sound like my grandmother and her neighbor arguing
about who has the best tomatoes in their garden. Give it a rest
will 'ya? You now have an entire thread full of you two bickering
like broads...Stop it or turn in your man card.

dragonsdaddy
05-24-2005, 05:27 PM
concha was a great reason to stay off his "other" site.

wide-e-wide
05-24-2005, 05:38 PM
Oh, and Schegal? IF the Ohio State coaching staff went anywhere to find him, it was to beautiful Colorado. You see, he transferred to Ohio State from the Air Force Academy. Must have wanted to play for a contender and avoid the annual Oklahoma prison gang raping of Texas.

Now you done went too dog-gone far yankee. You can blast SLC and every freakin' HS team in Texas for all I care. But when you imply that my beloved
Horns have been sexually assaulted by blowU...that's where I draw the line.
Check the history of the series Einstein...the annual beat-downs have historically gone in the Longhorns favor. Don't even get me started on that class-act "clean" program that Ohio St. runs. Boy they run a tight ship up there don't they?

Texasfrog
05-24-2005, 09:34 PM
Oh, and Schegal? IF the Ohio State coaching staff went anywhere to find him, it was to beautiful Colorado. You see, he transferred to Ohio State from the Air Force Academy. Must have wanted to play for a contender and avoid the annual Oklahoma prison gang raping of Texas.

Wasnt that the Univ-Texas that beat the mighty Big-10 champs in the Rose Bowl ?

Also, just so you know their killer. Oklahoma doesnt bother me that much. They are like 60% Texas kids on the team. In fact there is probably more Texas kids on Oklahoma's team than Ohio boys on Ohio St's team.

Just so you know.

Also, another thing is for certain about Schlegal and Youboty. Those are 2 Texas kids that start of Ohio St. I'm just trying to figure out how 2 sorry ole inferior Texas kids can end up being starters on the mighty Ohio St team.

Of coarse Wr-David Boston (Humble,Tx) proved that with a couple of years of All-American and All-Big 10 seasons.

Texasfrog
05-24-2005, 09:41 PM
Now you done went too dog-gone far yankee. You can blast SLC and every freakin' HS team in Texas for all I care. But when you imply that my beloved
Horns have been sexually assaulted by blowU...that's where I draw the line.
Check the history of the series Einstein...the annual beat-downs have historically gone in the Longhorns favor. Don't even get me started on that class-act "clean" program that Ohio St. runs. Boy they run a tight ship up there don't they?

Dont worry to much about that clown "Concha". His on other football boards and he always makes his #1 objective to talk more about how Texas football is inferior and Texas High schools arent that good and Ohio is so great and this and that about how Ohio is awesome and Texas is really no good.

Really his got the "little Napolean syndrome" I think when it comes to football. He feels inferior to Texas High school football so he has to get on every football web-site and attack it.

I cant wait for the Tyler Lee game. I have a little hunch that his going to run and hide like a wimped puppy after that game. He'll respond by telling everyone how great Colerain was "LAST YEAR" and that no one could of beat them. That's after Tyler Lee has kicked around Colerain in their own backyard.

KT2000
05-24-2005, 09:54 PM
tOSU beat Michigan at home pretty badly. Michigan backed into the Rose Bowl.

The whole whose state is better argument is pointless. None of you are going convince our intrepid Ohioan that Texas football is better. Just like he's not going to convince any of us that Ohio plays better or that Colerain can beat Tyler Lee.

Judging by the coaches press conference comments, I'm sure he's very glad the game will be in Ohio and not Texas. It appears he'll milk the David vs. Goliath for all its worth, but that's just a wild guess on my part.

Option offenses can still be very effective when executed well with good talent for sure. Not many old school option teams make it to the state title game in Texas any more. It seems like that went out the window after the 90s, but North Shore ressurected it a little in 2003. However, that team defied logic as high school students and were more of a pro-I than true option team. They ran speed option, but not exclusively.

Just for a little perspective, how many Ohio teams (non-private) have you seen start this kind of talent at the skill positions on offense...

QB Robby Reid (6'4 220 4.40)
RB Justin McNeese (6'2 230 4.4)
WR Tyrell Williams (6'5 205)
WR Tyrone Samuels (6'3 190 4.5)
TE Dajleon Farr (6'6 240 4.6)

About how many people does Colerain normally suit out for a non-playoff varsity game? Tyler Lee runs an advanced offensive system for a high school program. They are usually extremely balanced as far as run-pass ratio, and have very skilled (and good sized) offensive lines. Skill talent has been phenomenal at Lee for a while now.

Texasfrog
05-24-2005, 09:55 PM
ya, we can see that Ohio has more football talent than Texas. I can just look the 2004 NFL rosters and see that.

Texas- 174 NFL players (21 million population)
Ohio - 73 NFL players ( 11.5 million population)

Hmmmmm. I know I know. Colerain was awesome and great and couldnt be beat.

Texasfrog
05-24-2005, 10:03 PM
tOSU beat Michigan at home pretty badly. Michigan backed into the Rose Bowl.

The whole whose state is better argument is pointless. None of you are going convince our intrepid Ohioan that Texas football is better. Just like he's not going to convince any of us that Ohio plays better or that Colerain can beat Tyler Lee.

Judging by the coaches press conference comments, I'm sure he's very glad the game will be in Ohio and not Texas. It appears he'll milk the David vs. Goliath for all its worth, but that's just a wild guess on my part.

Option offenses can still be very effective when executed well with good talent for sure. Not many old school option teams make it to the state title game in Texas any more. It seems like that went out the window after the 90s, but North Shore ressurected it a little in 2003. However, that team defied logic as high school students and were more of a pro-I than true option team. They ran speed option, but not exclusively.

Just for a little perspective, how many Ohio teams (non-private) have you seen start this kind of talent at the skill positions on offense...

QB Robby Reid (6'4 220 4.40)
RB Justin McNeese (6'2 230 4.4)
WR Tyrell Williams (6'5 205)
WR Tyrone Samuels (6'3 190 4.5)
TE Dajleon Farr (6'6 240 4.6)

Totally agree with 100%. Its just that clown is all over other football web-sites and always runs down Texas football as totally inferior to Ohio. I can tell he knows nothing about Texas football and I doubt his even seen SLC play to be honest with you.

By the KT2000, try this one on for size.

Houston Madison:
QB- Vincent Young - Texas (Rose Bowl MVP)
RB- Courtney Thomas - Tx A&M (1,000 yd rusher in college)
Wr-Bennie Swain - Houston
Ot- Will Winston - Texas
Og- Tony Tella - Miami (Miami starter)

They had a pretty solid defense also. Something tells me they could play with anyone also.

concha
05-24-2005, 10:13 PM
Where have I said Texas is inferior to Ohio?

The problem is that certain homers refuse to even contemplate that a team from outside texas could play with your best.

So please, prove it. Show where I have said that Ohio is better. I have said no such thing.

I have said the following:

1) I believe Colerain 2004 was the best team in the country.

2) That SLC is a great program.

3) That outside of 2004 I have made NO claims that the Ohio champ id better than the Texas champ.

etc etc

Put up or shut up.

LPMOM
05-24-2005, 10:14 PM
Apparently somewhere in Ohio a village is missing their idiot as well as his name is ---cha. :D :confused: :rolleyes:

AMEN!!! :D

i think part of the reason that outlaw turned down the ohio game was because they wouldn't pay for the band and stuff to come.

supercentex
05-24-2005, 10:16 PM
For the longest I have said that Texas (as a whole) is #1 in high school football.

Taking into consideration as far as Coaches, Athletes, Facilities, Atmosphere, and Fan Support.

'ol Conch disagreed and said that title would go to Ohio. :rolleyes:

Texasfrog
05-24-2005, 10:26 PM
Where have I said Texas is inferior to Ohio?

The problem is that certain homers refuse to even contemplate that a team from outside texas could play with your best.

So please, prove it. Show where I have said that Ohio is better. I have said no such thing.

I have said the following:

1) I believe Colerain 2004 was the best team in the country.

2) That SLC is a great program.

3) That outside of 2004 I have made NO claims that the Ohio champ id better than the Texas champ.

etc etc

Put up or shut up.

Please dude !!! I've read your stuff on other web-sites and 99% of it is how Texas is inferior and Texas this and Texas that. Give me a break.. I've wasted enough time talking to ya.

I'll let the ole boys from Tyler (Tyler Lee) do the talking for me.

PS. Be here after that beating to explain why Colerain got spanked in their own backyard ok. I dont want to hear how Colerain doesnt have a QB or any of that. Good Programs fill in the holes. I'm being totally serious also. I fully expect Tyler Lee to put at least 34 or more pts on Colerain and limit them to no more than 17 pts. Be here !!!!

Tyler Lee has the same amount of rebuilding to do as Colerain so save the rebuilding this or that excuse..

Red Raiders
05-24-2005, 10:27 PM
Please dude !!! I've read your stuff on other web-sites and 99% of it is how Texas is inferior and Texas this and Texas that. Give me a break.. I've wasted enough time talking to ya.

PS. Be here after that beating to explain why Colerain got spanked in their own backyard ok. I dont want to hear how Colerain doesnt have a QB or any of that. Good Programs fill in the holes. I'm being totally serious also. I fully expect Tyler Lee to put at least 34 or more pts on Colerain and limit them to no more than 17 pts. Be here !!!!

Tyler Lee has the same amount of rebuilding to do as Colerain so save the rebuilding this or that excuse..

Colerain not rebuilding as good. I am glad to see Tyler Lee on the list. :) They are young again!

Texasfrog
05-24-2005, 10:30 PM
AMEN!!! :D

i think part of the reason that outlaw turned down the ohio game was because they wouldn't pay for the band and stuff to come.

said a few years ago that he was pretty much done with out of State games.

I know he wont play any private schools. Especially from out of State. The Evangel series a few years ago left a bad taste in his mouth because of a few administative things.

I think his perfectly happy to play Texas teams and make runs for the Texas Title.

Texasfrog
05-24-2005, 10:45 PM
Colerain not rebuilding as good. I am glad to see Tyler Lee on the list. :) They are young again!

I know they are rebuilding somewhat. But, I have it from a pretty good source that Tyler Lee is probably going to be just as good as last years team. A really really good source. I'm looking more and more toward that game every waking day.

KT2000
05-24-2005, 10:48 PM
Frog, defense was actually the problem on that Madison team...if they would have had a good D I believe they would have won state during Vince's senior year. I've been following Madison since 1997 (I saw them play Mayde Creek in the playoffs and was impressed). I thought the team during Vince's junior year was a better team overall than the one his senior year. VY made a huge improvement from junior to senior year though.

Texasfrog
05-24-2005, 11:02 PM
Frog, defense was actually the problem on that Madison team...if they would have had a good D I believe they would have won state during Vince's senior year. I've been following Madison since 1997 (I saw them play Mayde Creek in the playoffs and was impressed). I thought the team during Vince's junior year was a better team overall than the one his senior year. VY made a huge improvement from junior to senior year though.

Ya, I made a few Madison games during his Junior and Senior year. I thought they (Madison) had a scrappy defense. The had some talent on defense. I thought De-Joe Ward (UTEP) was very good.

The Katy game his junior year was really good. Katy played lights out that game. The leaping catch into the endzone by the Mouton kid was great. I also really liked the QB-Kaspar. But, the player that made Katy tick was Jamaal Branch. That kid can flat play football. I see that North Tx has moved him to DB.

I went to the North Shore vs Madison game in the "Dome" during Vincent Young's senior year. What a game !! There was about 40,000 people in the dome for that game and it was lights out. The final score was like 48-45.

It would of been pretty cool to see Lufkin (Reggie McNeal) and Madison (Vincent Young) in the State title game that year.

ktchamp97
05-24-2005, 11:43 PM
It was actually 61-58, texasfrog. 4 or 5 of those guys on that North Shore defense were just sophomores that would later start for the 15-0 2003 team that I still maintain is the best high school team I will ever see.

concha
05-25-2005, 07:21 AM
ya, we can see that Ohio has more football talent than Texas. I can just look the 2004 NFL rosters and see that.

Texas- 174 NFL players (21 million population)
Ohio - 73 NFL players ( 11.5 million population)

Hmmmmm. I know I know. Colerain was awesome and great and couldnt be beat.

WHen did I say Ohio puts out more talent? Come back to planet Earth. And take your medication.

concha
05-25-2005, 07:28 AM

I make no excuse. If Colerain fails to fill the QB spot adequately, then they have a problem. This is a fact, not an excuse. If this is the case, then Colerain will have problems week one against Cincy St. X.

You can fully expect anything you want, "buddy". But when the game is over, why do I think I'll be hearing how you suffer from dyslexia and what you meant to say was "Colerain 34 - REL 17"?

concha
05-25-2005, 07:34 AM
For the longest I have said that Texas (as a whole) is #1 in high school football.

Taking into consideration as far as Coaches, Athletes, Facilities, Atmosphere, and Fan Support.

'ol Conch disagreed and said that title would go to Ohio. :rolleyes:

Waco,

I truly hope that Colerain's victory doesn't destroy your life. You have gone to Ohio sites for years now bombarding us with literally thousands of photos and inflammatory posts. And I clearly remember your "I wish a top Texas team could go up there and pound a top Ohio team" posts. Wel,, you're getting your wish.

I have a feeling that after this game you will either be the happiest giggling idiot on the planet for several months or one seriously, seriously depressed dude.

LP-79
05-25-2005, 08:03 AM
I make no excuse. If Colerain fails to fill the QB spot adequately, then they have a problem. This is a fact, not an excuse. If this is the case, then Colerain will have problems week one against Cincy St. X.

You can fully expect anything you want, "buddy". But when the game is over, why do I think I'll be hearing how you suffer from dyslexia and what you meant to say was "Colerain 34 - REL 17"?
I can't understand why you are coming on here saying Colerain will beat Tyler Lee like a step-child. From what I understand Tyler Lee was not even the first choice to play the game. I can understand why Coach Outlaw turned the game down, but If you were playing Lufkin what would your boys do when some Panther knocked them for a loop as soon as they touched the ball. I can name 3 schools in east Texas that can play with anybody in the country. Until last year they were in the same district. Name one district in Ohio that consistently put 3 of the top 5 teams in State in it. That happened a lot in the old 13-5A district. Lufkin, Longview, and Tyler Lee can play with anybody! Heck maybe we need to send Nacogdoches up there first to see how you-all do against one of the weaker teams in East Texas first :eek: Why don't next year ya come down to Old Abe and get an old fashioned butt kicking. Lufkin would not score 34 points on you! :rolleyes: More like 60 unless they put the 3rd string in the second half!

concha
05-25-2005, 09:04 AM
I can't understand why you are coming on here saying Colerain will beat Tyler Lee like a step-child. [Where have I said this or anything remotely like that about REL? Please show me.] From what I understand Tyler Lee was not even the first choice to play the game. I can understand why Coach Outlaw turned the game down, but If you were playing Lufkin what would your boys do when some Panther knocked them for a loop as soon as they touched the ball. [Good question. It won't happen. So who cares?] I can name 3 schools in east Texas that can play with anybody in the country. [Fabulous. Congratulations.] Until last year they were in the same district. Name one district in Ohio that consistently put 3 of the top 5 teams in State in it. [In most years I think you exaggerate. Did you know that Cincinnati put 3 teams in the national top 25 about 3 years ago? The schools were just a few miles apart.] That happened a lot in the old 13-5A district. Lufkin, Longview, and Tyler Lee can play with anybody! Heck maybe we need to send Nacogdoches up there first to see how you-all do against one of the weaker teams in East Texas first :eek: Why don't next year ya come down to Old Abe and get an old fashioned butt kicking. [Well, with a pleasant invitation like that, how could we refuse?] Lufkin would not score 34 points on you! :rolleyes: More like 60 unless they put the 3rd string in the second half! [Wow. Lufkin must be reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally good! 60??!!! Seriously???? Gosh. Golly. Texas must win everything in football then! :eek: ]

What a nice post.

PackAttack2005
05-25-2005, 09:54 AM
My apologies for my over indulgent Lufkin bretheren. Everything here is based on therory because Lufkin is playing Port Arthur Memorial on September 9th and not Colerain. This, we shoulda, coulda and woulda stuff won't hold water when there isn't any tangible facts to deal with involving Lufkin.

I think Tyler Lee will represent Texas HS football very well, they are one of the better inovative programs in Texas. Whether they win or lose will not have an impact on any results for them in the Texas football scheme of things. Where they end up at the end of the season will be what is remembered by the football people in Texas and not what happens in Ohio on September 9th, 2005.

I for one put very little stock into intra-state games, I think they are fun, but really have no bearing on your competition back in your respective home State.

Concha you love this bantering back and forth, a true game to you of exchanging facts and therory. You know as little about Texas football as the Texas fans know about Ohio football. We are both having these debates over who is better using only a one sided mirror.

I have no idea how Lufkin would fare in this game, I am just glad we are not traveling to Ohio to find out.

Good luck to both teams, may the best team win.

concha
05-25-2005, 10:29 AM
Good post. But I think I know a little more about Texas football than the typical Texas fan knows about Ohio - just from being on the national chat sites for awhile now.

Best to you.

dragonsdaddy
05-25-2005, 10:46 AM
how have these teams scouted each other? i assume they traded films from last year. both will be a little bit different. does colerain have spring ball, and if so did tlee send scouts and vice versa? the preparation for a team that does dissimilar things than most opponents is alwys a little dicey. since colerain doesn't throw much, it will be hard to create adequate scout team skill people. tlee has runners, but running the option well requires more than a week of practice, so tlee will also have less than great prep. i expect to see several long plays out of each side, but if conchas prediction of a perceived db weakness is accurate, tlee should have a distinct advantage. it may all come down to mistakes and turnovers as is often the case. again, i lean towards lee with a slightly more experience qb. playing in the circus may be an advantage for lee after being televised last year. does colerain get on tv too? opponent strength should be in lee's favor too. they faced a very large running team in trinity in the semis and handled them successfully. i'll take lee in a close game, 35-31.

dragonsdaddy
05-25-2005, 10:49 AM
concha, internet chat sites are probably not the best way to gather info, esp in regards to something as subjective as hs football. using nothing but opinions on this site would tend to skew the opinion towards the south.

supercentex
05-25-2005, 10:52 AM
dragonsdaddy.....also have to take into consideration.....special teams.......which most Texas high school teams have a long FG kicker.

I do not even think Colerain had to kick a FG last year. Are they experienced in that area? who knows......

But in Texas it's a gamebreaker here.

supercentex
05-25-2005, 10:55 AM
Waco,

I truly hope that Colerain's victory doesn't destroy your life. You have gone to Ohio sites for years now bombarding us with literally thousands of photos and inflammatory posts. And I clearly remember your "I wish a top Texas team could go up there and pound a top Ohio team" posts. Wel,, you're getting your wish.

I have a feeling that after this game you will either be the happiest giggling idiot on the planet for several months or one seriously, seriously depressed dude.

It may bother me a little bit but I can tell you if Tyler Lee wins the game I won't really make that big of a deal out of it. If Colerain wins....so be it.

So, who has the #1 high school football state as a whole in your opinion? Regarding athletes, coaches, facilities, atmosphere, and fan support (as a whole)

concha
05-25-2005, 11:23 AM
It may bother me a little bit but I can tell you if Tyler Lee wins the game I won't really make that big of a deal out of it. If Colerain wins....so be it.

So, who has the #1 high school football state as a whole in your opinion? Regarding athletes, coaches, facilities, atmosphere, and fan support (as a whole)

When overall size is taken in, Texas, of course. It is double the size of Ohio.

Also, there are differences between the states that don't provide for a direct comparison. For example, stadiums in Ohio tend to be smaller and older. Many have more "atmosphere" in that sense than in Texas (you may recall Ohio being the only state to put two stadiums in USA Today's "10 best places to watch a game" list from 2 or 3 seasons ago). But if you are talking size and luxury, then Texas hands down.

As far as coaches, you can go on and and on and on (and you do) about salaries. But Ohio's coaching tradition is simply unparalleled. Ohio takes second to nobody here.

Athletes. Texas wins here on both pure numbers and productivity. But both states are top producers.

Fan support? Texas has quite a reputation. But Ohio is no slouch. We have our games with tens of thousands in the stands also. The Cincinnati area has one or two of the better football festivals in the country. And let's not forget that REL is playing in a game organized and hosted in Ohio.

Teams. At the top end I would match Ohio's best with any state (Elder, Ignatius, Colerain, St. Xavier, Moeller, Warren Harding etc). But Texas' size (and perhaps the large schools down there) put Texas ahead on depth. I think the strength of the Big Catholics in Ohio lends another dimension that makes Ohio football special. We have a public vs. private rivalry that Texas lacks. Also, the rivalries amongst the Big Catholics are something special to experience (the annual Ignatius-St. Edward game in Cleveland is nicknamed "The Holy War"). A couple of years ago an early playoff matchup between Elder and St. Xavier put 35k-40k in the stands from schools with a combined enrollment of less than 2,500.

Somehow I don't think you'll find many Ohio fans dreaming of Texas football or vice versa. This I will say: as overall football experiences, Texas and Ohio are CLEARLY the top two.

KT2000
05-25-2005, 11:38 AM
I'd say Texas and Florida tie as far as the quality of athletes produced every year with California running slightly behind.

Texasfrog
05-25-2005, 12:33 PM

You got it wrong again primadonna. My prediction based on what I saw from last years awesome, great, overpowering, one in a life time Ohio team called "THE COLERAIN" is that this years Tyler Lee team will beat them:

Tyler Lee = 34
Colerain = 17

From what "I SAW". I do strongly believe that last years Colerain team would of been beat by several of the Texas 5A's. That's my opinion. I know a thing or two about football so spare me the "Prepnation" and my buddy stuff.

I know what "I SEE" and "OBSERVE".

Like I said before their "killer". I'm done talking to ya. I'll let the Tyler Lee boys finish it. Just be here after that game to explain why Colerain got smoked in their backyard by abunch of second rate, weak, pushover Texas kids.

Texasfrog
05-25-2005, 12:46 PM
I'd say Texas and Florida tie as far as the quality of athletes produced every year with California running slightly behind.

I live in florida right now. In fact I'm living in Miami. I've been to about 10 Miami area games. Its like "night and day" between Texas and here. There is almost "zero" fan support and High school football gets no press coverage in the papers. Every now and than you get maybe a boxscore.

Going to the games. There is some very nice athletes on some of the teams. But, they play as individuals and rely on individual talent more than technique and coaching .

The best team I've seen here in Florida is Jacksonville Bolles Academy (Private school). They remind me the most of a sound Texas team. Well coached and "TEAM WORK".

I fully expect that Tyler Lee is going to destroy Hollywood Chaminade. I live about 20 minutes from the school.

As far as individual talent. There is no doubt that Texas, Florida and California have a huge pool of talent. I think you could take the top 200 kids (football players) from each of those States each year and they would match-up pretty good in individual skill ( size and speed).

I do believe that the so called "Average player" is better in Texas than in California or Florida. They are better coached in their systems.

I do however believe that Texas is second to none with "Talent High school teams. No State can match the depth of talented teams.

PS. I've lived in California for 4 years and now have lived in Florida for 2 years and have been to many games in both States.

supercentex
05-25-2005, 12:53 PM
Coach Coombs was very impressed with Tyler Lee and Texas.

When asked what team Tyler Lee looked like in Ohio, the Colerain coach said "US!" But, that Tyler Lee looks a little bigger and little faster.

concha
05-25-2005, 12:56 PM
I live in florida right now. In fact I'm living in Miami. I've been to about 10 Miami area games. Its like "night and day" between Texas and here. There is almost "zero" fan support and High school football gets no press coverage in the papers. Every now and than you get maybe a boxscore.

Going to the games. There is some very nice athletes on some of the teams. But, they play as individuals and rely on individual talent more than technique and coaching . [I have heard this many times before. Florida has the horses, but the coaching, fans, teamwork, disicpline etc are sorely lacking]

The best team I've seen here in Florida is Jacksonville Bolles Academy (Private school). They remind me the most of a sound Texas team. Well coached and "TEAM WORK". [See the poll below. I am unsure of the source FLAVarsity, but would appreciate your comments]

I fully expect that Tyler Lee is going to destroy Hollywood Chaminade. I live about 20 minutes from the school. [They are 3rd ranked in FL by the poll I have seen and supposedly have quite abit of talent. I look forward to hearing how they do against REL]

As far as individual talent. There is no doubt that Texas, Florida and California have a huge pool of talent. I think you could take the top 200 kids (football players) from each of those States each year and they would match-up pretty good in individual skill ( size and speed).

I do believe that the so called "Average player" is better in Texas than in California or Florida. They are better coached in their systems.

I do however believe that Texas is second to none with "Talent High school teams. No State can match the depth of talented teams. [Agree]

PS. I've lived in California for 4 years and now have lived in Florida for 2 years and have been to many games in both States.

1. St. Thomas Aquinas
2. Booker T. Washington
3. Hollywood Chaminade-Madonna
4. Jacksonville Bolles
5. Pensacola
6. Pompano Beach Ely
7. Jefferson
8. Miami Central
9. Lakeland
10. Palm Bay
11. Miami Carol City
12. Madison County
13. Orlando Boone
14. Lake Butler Union County
15. Seffner Armwood
16.Immokalee High
17. Tallahassee Lincoln
18. Neptune Beach Fletcher
19. Orlando Edgewater
20. Clermont East Ridge
21. Palm Beach Gardens Dwyer
22. Jacksonville Trinity Christian
23. Pahokee
24. Altamonte Springs Lake Brantley
25 Ponte Vedra Beach Nease

concha
05-25-2005, 01:00 PM
Coach Coombs was very impressed with Tyler Lee and Texas.

When asked what team Tyler Lee looked like in Ohio, the Colerain coach said "US!" But, that Tyler Lee looks a little bigger and little faster.

I am sure Coach Coombs was impressed.

As far as REL being bigger and faster, the write-up on REL wouldn't lead me to that conclusion at all. Colerain will have a good-sized o-line and their defensive front looks to be bigger than REL's.

Speed? Who knows? Colerain's RBs Sherrer and Magness are both good track athletes. Magness is one of the best hurdlers in SW Ohio and Sherrer runs a 10.7 100m. But that is only two positions. We'll see.

concha
05-25-2005, 01:09 PM
You got it wrong again primadonna. My prediction based on what I saw from last years awesome, great, overpowering, one in a life time Ohio team called "THE COLERAIN" is that this years Tyler Lee team will beat them:

Tyler Lee = 34
Colerain = 17

From what "I SAW". I do strongly believe that last years Colerain team would of been beat by several of the Texas 5A's. That's my opinion. I know a thing or two about football so spare me the "Prepnation" and my buddy stuff.

I know what "I SEE" and "OBSERVE".

Like I said before their "killer". I'm done talking to ya. I'll let the Tyler Lee boys finish it. Just be here after that game to explain why Colerain got smoked in their backyard by abunch of second rate, weak, pushover Texas kids.

This may get me banned, but I'll get over it.

You are a jackass.

I have never referred to nor insinuated anything like "second rate, weak, pushover Texas kids" in this REL-Colerain discussion. Grow up. The closest I have come was semi-smack when referring to Terrill Byrd, who was perhaps the strongest high school kid in the entire state of Ohio last year, benching 500 pounds. And that was in reference to SLC, not REL.

And your "opinion" fits that famous old saying about opinions and a certain orifice.

wide-e-wide
05-25-2005, 01:15 PM
Hey Concha shut up before we hide the state of Ohio
in one of the counties in Texas and you'll never find it.

Texasfrog
05-25-2005, 01:17 PM
This may get me banned, but I'll get over it.

You are a jackass.

I have never referred to nor insinuated anything like "second rate, weak, pushover Texas kids" in this REL-Colerain discussion. Grow up. The closest I have come was semi-smack when referring to Terrill Byrd, who was perhaps the strongest high school kid in the entire state of Ohio last year, benching 500 pounds. And that was in reference to SLC, not REL.

And your "opinion" fits that famous old saying about opinions and a certain orifice.

I like I said before killer. I'm done with ya. I'll let Tyler Lee finish it. All I ask is that you show back up to explain what happened.

Just dont use the we dont have this or that player excuse !! Good "PROGRAMS" are "GOOD PROGRAMS."

concha
05-25-2005, 01:18 PM
Hey Concha shut up before we hide the state of Ohio
in one of the counties in Texas and you'll never find it.

Oh..the pain!!!! I've never laughed so hard in my life! Where do you get your material???? What a comic genius..... :p

concha
05-25-2005, 01:23 PM
I like I said before killer. I'm done with ya. I'll let Tyler Lee finish it. All I ask is that you show back up to explain what happened.

Just dont use the we dont have this or that player excuse !! Good "PROGRAMS" are "GOOD PROGRAMS."

Late on Sept 9th or sometime Sept 10th, I'll be here, Froggy.

Hey, for this post I'm replying to, was it difficult for you to stop yourself from making up crap to accuse me of insulting Texas football? Thanks for the self-control, Spanky. You must have returned from LaLaLand for awhile. You can go back now. Hop on the bus....

mrs_concha
05-25-2005, 05:36 PM
Boys,

You must forgive my little conchito... he keeps on forgetting to take his medication. Ever since the incident (the one where the high school football team gave him a swirly in the locker room toilet) he has not been the same.

He is muy loco en la cabeza. So Sad. I have tried to turn off his internet access but you know how these little ones are these days. He loves the futbol de Americano.

Please cut him some slack... After all he was educated in Ohio.

NewSherriffInTown
05-25-2005, 05:45 PM
Boys,

You must forgive my little conchito... he keeps on forgetting to take his medication. Ever since the incident (the one where the high school football team gave him a swirly in the locker room toilet) he has not been the same.

He is muy loco en la cabeza. So Sad. I have tried to turn off his internet access but you know how these little ones are these days. He loves the futbol de Americano.

Superb Post

concha
05-25-2005, 06:23 PM
Sherriff is easily entertained.

Someone actually took the time and effort to do that? Should I feel flattered or just sad for whoever did it?

Is this a Texas thing?

dragonsdaddy
05-25-2005, 07:08 PM
you have spent equally valuable time and effort with much less entertainment for most concerned. should we feel moved or saddened at your attempts to sway us.

wide-e-wide
05-25-2005, 08:58 PM
Boys,

Madre del concha querido,
Gracias por explicar todo. Éramos todos que se preguntaban cuál era su problema. Ahora él todo el sentido de las marcas. El dios le bendice para que el intentar lo eduque el mejor que usted podría. Van los raiders rojos y viven de largo Tejas... ¡cP.s. Ohio aspira!

concha
05-25-2005, 09:08 PM
you have spent equally valuable time and effort with much less entertainment for most concerned. should we feel moved or saddened at your attempts to sway us.

:( :( :(

Go and reread my posts and substitute "SLC" for "Colerain". I'm sure you'll be thrilled to death with the results, homer.

wide-e-wide
05-25-2005, 09:10 PM
Hey shell...how's your wife and my kids?

concha
05-25-2005, 09:11 PM
Madre del concha querido,
Gracias por explicar todo. Éramos todos que se preguntaban cuál era su problema. Ahora él todo el sentido de las marcas. El dios le bendice para que el intentar lo eduque el mejor que usted podría. Van los raiders rojos y viven de largo Tejas... ¡cP.s. Ohio aspira!

I think I have stepped into an episode of "The Twilight Zone"...

:eek:

wide-e-wide
05-25-2005, 09:13 PM
If you get freaked out by a little Spanish...you
wouldn't make it 5 minutes in Texas.

KT2000
05-25-2005, 09:23 PM
As predicted, this thread ran into the ground. My feeble attempt to direct it on actual football discussion whiffed.

I even let this thing run a little longer than I normally would have to see if it'd stumble back on track...oh well.

Back to your corners.