ThEgReAtOnE
05-22-2008, 07:45 PM
Garland - 1
Tomball - 0

Top of the 2nd Inning

Gig'em Owls!

grayowl60
05-22-2008, 09:15 PM
Garland 2, Tomball 1. Final. Cheez Tomball is good. They hit Garlands ace Tomi Garrison big time.

ThEgReAtOnE
05-22-2008, 10:01 PM
Garland 2, Tomball 1. Final. Cheez Tomball is good. They hit Garland's ace Tomi Garrison big time.

Yup, I tuned in for most of the game. We have that "history" with Tomball ruining everything. G-town is up 1-0! Tomorrow at 6:30!

Gig'em Owls!

Plano Wildcat Fan
05-22-2008, 10:23 PM
I guess you have to hang your hat on something!!!

ThEgReAtOnE
05-22-2008, 10:53 PM

Well... G-town could hang their hat on the 18-9-2 football-record they have vs Plano HS!!!

GoOwls
05-23-2008, 05:25 AM
I guess you have to hang your hat on something!!!\

Well, we've had a state football title in the last 10 years....have you....NO!!!

Your last title was in the leather helmet era.......go start your own homer thread and quit being a little b with an itch.........:D.......:mad:

grayowl60
05-23-2008, 07:28 AM
\

Well, we've had a state football title in the last 10 years....have you....NO!!!

Your last title was in the leather helmet era.......go start your own homer thread and quit being a little b with an itch.........:D.......:mad:
Maybe talk about Allens bad defense over and over, after loosing to them two years in a row, or talk about changing diapers.

RedRage00
05-23-2008, 08:02 AM
\

That's very "Christian" of you :rolleyes:

Plano Wildcat Fan
05-23-2008, 10:32 AM
Well... G-town could hang their hat on the 18-9-2 football-record they have vs Plano HS!!!

This is a 5a football website? Not girls softball. Garland is coming off a terrible football season football. Program is in transition trying to go from wing t to the spread.

It's kind of funny that some folks are pounding their chest about girls softball on a football site instead of talking about the spring game or preseason rankings etc.

Garland has a great softball program which has surpassed the football program in recent years and is currently the signature sport at Garland High. Which is great. So their is nothing wrong about putting your support behind a winner that is why I said "you have to hang your hat somehwhere"

I just think girls softball talk needs to be on the 5A Girls softball website.

It wasn't insult or a dig. It's the truth.

Plano Wildcat Fan
05-23-2008, 10:35 AM
Maybe talk about Allens bad defense over and over, after loosing to them two years in a row, or talk about changing diapers.

Don't make fun about changing diapers. At your age the prospect of reverting back to your infant years is a real possiblity.

RedRage00
05-23-2008, 10:39 AM
This is a 5a football website? Not girls softball. Garland is coming off a terrible football season football. Program is in transition trying to go from wing t to the spread.

It's kind of funny that some folks are pounding their chest about girls softball on a football site instead of talking about the spring game or preseason rankings etc.

Garland has a great softball program which has surpassed the football program in recent years and is currently the signature sport at Garland High. Which is great. So their is nothing wrong about putting your support behind a winner that is why I said "you have to hang your hat somehwhere"

I just think girls softball talk needs to be on the 5A Girls softball website.

It wasn't insult or a dig. It's the truth.

That's what I was thinking...this belongs in The Yard

RedRage00
05-23-2008, 10:40 AM
Don't make fun about changing diapers. At your age the prospect of reverting back to your infant years is a real possiblity.

:laugh

grayowl60
05-23-2008, 10:56 AM
I was waiting for genius element to pop off about this thread. Ive seen talk of baseball, track and other sports, and this will be moved if its found to be inappropriate.
Now we have a Highland Fart judge and a Plano* genius worried about it:D
May I suggest that you move on to another thread!

grayowl60
05-23-2008, 11:01 AM
Yawn....sounds like Plano* Mystigue

grayowl60
05-23-2008, 11:04 AM
LOL. Mr. TGO We are just jealous, dont you just know it.

Plano Wildcat Fan
05-23-2008, 11:26 AM
I was waiting for genius element to pop off about this thread. Ive seen talk of baseball, track and other sports, and this will be moved if its found to be inappropriate.
Now we have a Highland Fart judge and a Plano* genius worried about it:D
May I suggest that you move on to another thread!

Track, baseball and even Bball would be relevant to this site on rare occassions due to multisport athletes who play football and compete in those sports. In Girls softball i don't think their are any male football players in the line-up? Is that the case at Garland?

grayowl60
05-23-2008, 11:30 AM
Track, baseball and even Bball would be relevant to this site on rare occassions due to multisport athletes who play football and compete in those sports. In Girls softball i don't think their are any male football players in the line-up? Is that the case at Garland?
Garland isd athletic department. Just like Rowlett track:notworthy

CedarHillDad
05-23-2008, 12:32 PM
good Luck to Ms. Garrison tonight:D. Quick Question, does anyone know why they sometimes play a 3 game series and sometimes it is a 1 and done in the playoffs? Is that a mutual coaches decision?

grayowl60
05-23-2008, 12:43 PM
good Luck to Ms. Garrison tonight:D. Quick Question, does anyone know why they sometimes play a 3 game series and sometimes it is a 1 and done in the playoffs? Is that a mutual coaches decision?
Yes! Thanks. They are fun to watch and even fun to listen to on the radio. They have to agree on a one game or three game series. If they cant agree. they flip a coin.

CedarHillDad
05-23-2008, 01:01 PM
Yes! Thanks. They are fun to watch and even fun to listen to on the radio. They have to agree on a one game or three game series. If they cant agree. they flip a coin.

thx GrayOwl I appreciate the info. A co-worker of mine would also like to know for the Championship Games in Austin, are those games played with the same rules or are they a 1 and done series?(he stated for the last 2 years it has been a 1 and done)

grayowl60
05-23-2008, 01:10 PM
thx GrayOwl I appreciate the info. A co-worker of mine would also like to know for the Championship Games in Austin, are those games played with the same rules or are they a 1 and done series?(he stated for the last 2 years it has been a 1 and done)
Its a one and done thing in the final four:eek:

scottie2
05-23-2008, 03:01 PM
Its a one and done thing in the final four:eek:

Hey Gray Owl

I would think that Tommie Garrison is the most successful athlete in a team sport in the history of the Garland ISD if not the state. Not only does she own two state championship rings and and a runner up, her ability to perform under pressure is unbelievable . Whoever runs that Garland sports Hall of Fame should put her in immediatlely.

I guess Cedric Benson with 3 state championships in a row would be her male counterpart

grayowl60
05-23-2008, 03:26 PM
Hey Gray Owl

I would think that Tommie Garrison is the most successful athlete in a team sport in the history of the Garland ISD if not the state. Not only does she own two state championship rings and and a runner up, her ability to perform under pressure is unbelievable . Whoever runs that Garland sports Hall of Fame should put her in immediatlely.

I guess Cedric Benson with 3 state championships in a row would be her male counterpart
Im new to the softball bandwagon, but after hearing so much, I started following them two years ago. Like I have said they are fun to watch, well coached and they win (chest beating for our team). Tomi will be a legend around here and impossible to replace. But they put three in Dl college's last year and will do the same this year and Tomi will say first that she has the team around her to win. Hope so. We will know tonight if they will go to the final four for the fourth straight year. Those guys that do the radio are good. What ever happens tonight or next weekend, its been very interesting. I recomend listening. kxez.com....6:15

owlfan 1
05-23-2008, 03:44 PM

why do you have to be such a hater? the lady owls deserve a mention - they are on the verge of accomplishing something that is unprecidented. we will be here in force, talking football, when there is something to talk about. spring game is next week - until then, we'll give some props to our girls...

Plano Wildcat Fan
05-23-2008, 04:20 PM
why do you have to be such a hater? the lady owls deserve a mention - they are on the verge of accomplishing something that is unprecidented. we will be here in force, talking football, when there is something to talk about. spring game is next week - until then, we'll give some props to our girls...

I'm not a hater on Garland athletics just a certain messanger. However this is a 5A football website. It's kind of funny when folks start bragging about girls softball. I understand the old guy likes girls softball just as much as football but I just he should go to the Texas softball website to brag.

grayowl60
05-23-2008, 04:54 PM
I'm not a hater on Garland athletics just a certain messanger. However this is a 5A football website. It's kind of funny when folks start bragging about girls softball. I understand the old guy likes girls softball just as much as football but I just he should go to the Texas softball website to brag.
Are you an adult? If so you are a fool. I am sure the kids are impressed with your ignorant punk*** BS,.. but its now just silly. O f all people to talk about others bragging? LOL. Yep we at least have some something to be proud of. :)......0-10?

RedRage00
05-23-2008, 04:55 PM
Are you an adult? If so you are a fool. I am sure the kids are impressed with your ignorant punk*** BS,.. but its now just silly. O f all people to talk about others bragging? LOL. Yep we at least have some something to be proud of. :)......0-10?

And now they are just as proud of your language.

grayowl60
05-23-2008, 05:03 PM
Ah, more jugement from the Preston road hot shots!

Plano Wildcat Fan
05-23-2008, 05:09 PM

Sad but true.

grayowl60
05-23-2008, 06:20 PM
Its on! kxez.com

grayowl60
05-23-2008, 07:27 PM
Top of the fourth 0-0
short delay, an umpire got sick or something

grayowl60
05-23-2008, 08:07 PM
Garland 1, Tomball 0, top of the 7th, Garland up.

grayowl60
05-23-2008, 08:22 PM
Garland WINS 1-0 will go to thier fourth straight final four, and thier third straight Championship.
Lady Owls were LUCKY in this series, but luck shows up on the scoreboard;)

katyfan52
05-23-2008, 10:38 PM
Garland WINS 1-0 will go to thier fourth straight final four, and thier third straight Championship.
Lady Owls were LUCKY in this series, but luck shows up on the scoreboard;)
Congrats to your girls. While the L last year to them was not the outcome we wanted, the girls were awesome to watch. Good luck to them. Who will they face next?? :cool:

grayowl60
05-23-2008, 10:58 PM
Congrats to your girls. While the L last year to them was not the outcome we wanted, the girls were awesome to watch. Good luck to them. Who will they face next?? :cool:
Looks like Alvin, SV and the Odessa/Weatherford winner will be the other three teams. They will seed them next week sometime. I was pulling for Katy, Maybe next year. Hows the baseball team doing?

bowiedawgs01
05-24-2008, 12:33 AM
Looks like Alvin, SV and the Odessa/Weatherford winner will be the other three teams. They will seed them next week sometime. I was pulling for Katy, Maybe next year. Hows the baseball team doing?

Nope.

Austin Bowie beat SV tonight 2-0 (12 innings) and 3-0 to come back and take the series. The Bulldogs are going to their 2nd straight Final 4.

GoOwls
05-24-2008, 06:47 AM
That's very "Christian" of you :rolleyes:

What did I say that was bad..........you assume much, child.....

Where did I ever say I was christian???????

I am, but I don't believe I ever said I was.......You assume much child....

Why don't you get out from under my skirt and live your own life for a while....;)

bowiedawgs01
05-24-2008, 11:58 AM
Some stats from the Bowie vs. Smithson Valley series.

SV was ranked #1 in Texas and had a 31-game winning streak till last night.
Bowie got shutout in Game 1 despite getting 9 hits.
Bowie won Game 2 on a top of the 11th 2-run homerun off the same pitcher that had shut them out Thursday night.
They then won Game 3 3-0 after jumping out to a 2 run lead in the 1st inning.
Blair Luna, Jr. pitcher for Bowie, pitched all 29 innings. 28 of which were shutout innings. She gave up those 3 runs in Game 1, 10 hits total and 49 strikeouts. In Game 3, she struck out 17, fanning the side in the 7th. She struck out at least 2 in every inning. She doesn't seem to get tired.

Bowie is 31-4. SV ends their season at 33-4.

grayowl60
05-24-2008, 01:07 PM
Some stats from the Bowie vs. Smithson Valley series.

SV was ranked #1 in Texas and had a 31-game winning streak till last night.
Bowie got shutout in Game 1 despite getting 9 hits.
Bowie won Game 2 on a top of the 11th 2-run homerun off the same pitcher that had shut them out Thursday night.
They then won Game 3 3-0 after jumping out to a 2 run lead in the 1st inning.
Blair Luna, Jr. pitcher for Bowie, pitched all 29 innings. 28 of which were shutout innings. She gave up those 3 runs in Game 1, 10 hits total and 49 strikeouts. In Game 3, she struck out 17, fanning the side in the 7th. She struck out at least 2 in every inning. She doesn't seem to get tired.

Bowie is 31-4. SV ends their season at 33-4.
Hmmmm.........:eek:

farmerfan
05-24-2008, 01:16 PM
I say keep posting. Those girls at Garland have something special going on and deserve to receive the kudos they are from their fans.

grayowl60
05-24-2008, 02:11 PM
I say keep posting. Those girls at Garland have something special going on and deserve to receive the kudos they are from their fans.
WOW! Sounds like a sports fan!
Garlands spring Football game is Tuesday night. We will see some new players, a new offense, and the old winning attitude!

mojotrain
05-24-2008, 04:41 PM
OHS girls going to state. They just beat ?? (sorry).in the third game 4-1.

grayowl60
05-24-2008, 06:17 PM
[QUOTE=mojotrain;789010]OHS girls going to state. They just beat ?? (sorry).in the third game 4-1.[/QUOTE
LOL...Weatherford! Final four: Alvin, Austin Bowie, Garland, Odessa:notworthy

gtowndrumma
05-24-2008, 07:41 PM
when do we find out who we have for the next game?

grayowl60
05-24-2008, 09:41 PM
when do we find out who we have for the next game?
I hear they will be seeded Tuesday. Its by w-ls somehow. I did see an Alvin blog that says they will play Odessa, so Garland will play Bowie Friday if that is true

mojotrain
05-24-2008, 10:41 PM
I hear they will be seeded Tuesday. Its by w-ls somehow. I did see an Alvin blog that says they will play Odessa, so Garland will play Bowie Friday if that is true

Thats what we are seeing. Odessa vs Alvin.

grayowl60
05-24-2008, 10:50 PM
Thats what we are seeing. Odessa vs Alvin.
Now the question is who plays at 5 and who plays at 8 on Friday. Need to know so I can know what time to get to Love Field. Really looking forward to driving in Austin.:(

coriv
05-25-2008, 05:48 AM
W/L Records

Odessa High 33-4-3
Austin Bowie 31-4
Garland 31-5-2
Alvin 34-9

coriv
05-26-2008, 07:21 AM
Odessa High vs. Alvin, Friday at 5:00

Garland vs. Austin Bowie, Friday at 8:00

Championship game, Saturday at 8:00

bowiedawgs01
05-26-2008, 12:57 PM
Go Dawgs!!!

dragonsdaddy
05-26-2008, 01:26 PM
why is this on the football board? to the yard where it belongs.

grayowl60
05-26-2008, 03:03 PM
why is this on the football board? to the yard where it belongs.
Where have you been? Other self appointed thread police have given opinions days ago. There have been 450 views in four days.
Suggestions:
1. Ignore it
2. Whine more about it like a little girl.
Hows that baseball team doing? Oh wait! I can see that right on this board!!!

dragonsdaddy
05-26-2008, 04:23 PM
Where have you been? Other self appointed thread police have given opinions days ago. There have been 450 views in four days.
Suggestions:
1. Ignore it
2. Whine more about it like a little girl.
Hows that baseball team doing? Oh wait! I can see that right on this board!!!

then tear down the fence and let all the neighborhood stray crones befoul the football field. all or none, i say.

RedRage00
05-27-2008, 08:06 AM
then tear down the fence and let all the neighborhood stray crones befoul the football field. all or none, i say.

Yeah, other people's threads have been moved before. I don't know what makes Garland special LOL

grayowl60
05-27-2008, 09:07 AM
Yeah, other people's threads have been moved before. I don't know what makes Garland special LOL
LMAO Check out the baseball on this baord...duh. It comes down to this: If something good is happening to ''anther program""! some of the North Dallas hot shots will squeal like a pig caught under a gate when its mentioned. BUT it seems to be just a-ok when its about thier program.
Plenty of room this time of year for lots of high school sports talk.
Why are you type people spending so much time on this thread? Very queer:confused:

Maxthedog
05-27-2008, 10:29 AM
Yes it's a football board, but it's offseason. Since it is off season the spirit of athletic competition fill's the void until the season starts I say let'skeep it going. 7-7 is not my cup of tea, so watching the level of competition that is displayed in the ladies softball playoffs is as intense as it gets. Miss Garrison is pitching machine as well as a pretty darn good hitter. I'm pulling for the Lady Owls to win State!!!!!!