lonny23
10-28-2005, 02:33 AM
I hate brooms! Every time I walk by one, I think of the Astros! :mad:

Rerun
10-28-2005, 03:40 AM
really cuz i have diff thought loooooneey

wide-e-wide
10-28-2005, 07:25 AM
Most of us think of ex-wives when we see brooms.

lonny23
10-28-2005, 07:31 AM
really cuz i have diff thought loooooneey
You know I never care about getting teased, so I've got a story for you guys. You're going to get your punchline, anyway! :D

I went to Technical School at Sheppard AFB, TX in Wichita Falls in 1991 and I'm back as permanent party now. Anyway, I was friends with 2 guys in my career field and one of them was my roommate in the dorm that's right across from the Mini-BX that all the students hang out in. We were over in James Strain's room and I was lying on his bed. I guess he's the type to be mean just to do something like the guy who shot me in the foot with a BB gun when I was in high school. James took a broom and jabbed me in the rear end. I was mad, but wasn't going to fight him since I didn't want to get in trouble. Needless to say, it hurt and made me wonder why some males choose that type of lifestyle and endure the pain!

wide-e-wide
10-28-2005, 07:34 AM
You know I never care about getting teased, so I've got a story for you guys. You're going to get your punchline, anyway! :D

I went to Technical School at Sheppard AFB, TX in Wichita Falls in 1991 and I'm back as permanent party now. Anyway, I was friends with 2 guys in my career field and one of them was my roommate in the dorm that's right across from the Mini-BX that all the students hang out in. We were over in James Strain's room and I was lying on his bed. I guess he's the type to be mean just to do something like the guy who shot me in the foot with a BB gun when I was in high school. James took a broom and jabbed me in the rear end. I was mad, but wasn't going to fight him since I didn't want to get in trouble. Needless to say, it hurt and made me wonder why some males choose that type of lifestyle and endure the pain!

Not cool...You are a better man than me Lonny. Homeboy would have been making a trip to medical immediately following that. Exit only bro...exit only.

lonny23
10-28-2005, 07:36 AM
Hey, the story has a part 2. The 3 guys in Tech School hung out with a girl and she had a thing with Strain. I became stationed with her in 1994 and she gave me the dirtiest look ever one time when I told her she forgot her broom as a joke. I still think about using that joke sometimes!

wide-e-wide
10-28-2005, 07:40 AM
For some reason they never find humor in that broom joke.

pack0808
10-28-2005, 09:10 AM

After that experience Lonny finally came out of the closet just like Sheryl Swoope's did the other day. :D ;) quiz?? Houston does have one sweep in a championship vs somebody else but that was in the NBA. Orlando Magic!! Shaq and Penny felt the broom that year.

lonny23
10-28-2005, 09:37 AM
After that experience Lonny finally came out of the closet just like Sheryl Swoope's did the other day. :D ;) quiz?? Houston does have one sweep in a championship vs somebody else but that was in the NBA. Orlando Magic!! Shaq and Penny felt the broom that year.
Tis' a shame about ol' Sheryl. She's a Texas girl, won a title at Tech, and 4 for the Comets. I've been following her for 12 years.

GoOwls
10-29-2005, 02:14 AM

My old lady had a kick starter on hers. :D

wide-e-wide
10-29-2005, 03:02 AM

trivia Pack...who went 0 for 4 from the line...in the last minutes of the game for Orlando?

wide-e-wide
10-29-2005, 03:03 AM
My old lady had a kick starter on hers. :D

That is f'n classic....too funny man.

lonny23
10-29-2005, 03:20 AM
trivia Pack...who went 0 for 4 from the line...in the last minutes of the game for Orlando?
Nick Anderson in Game 1. He shot about 77-78% for the year.

They pretty much blew Game 2 at home, too.

Games 3 and 4 were easier. I still have Game 1 on tape.

lonny23
10-31-2005, 03:00 PM
Nick Anderson in Game 1. He shot about 77-78% for the year.

They pretty much blew Game 2 at home, too.

Games 3 and 4 were easier. I still have Game 1 on tape.
Hopefully, that's the last Rockets title for a while.

mad_fan
10-31-2005, 05:36 PM
Hopefully, that's the last Rockets title for a while.

Man I cut that quote!!!! I'll be using it out of context at many points in the future!!!! :p

KT2000
10-31-2005, 05:44 PM
Rockets are going to do big things this year in my opinion. I really like the rookie we picked in the first round from Illinois, Luther Head. He has done well in the pre-season games. He does a little bit of everything.

lonny23
10-31-2005, 07:28 PM
Man I cut that quote!!!! I'll be using it out of context at many points in the future!!!! :p
I'm sure you will! :D

lonny23
10-31-2005, 07:29 PM
Rockets are going to do big things this year in my opinion. I really like the rookie we picked in the first round from Illinois, Luther Head. He has done well in the pre-season games. He does a little bit of everything.
Make sure he adds in turnovers, bonehead plays, and getting mad! :p

dragons08
10-31-2005, 08:15 PM
Luther Head, hes done great things for Illinois, hes a great player to have