PDA

View Full Version : VT in another blowout

KT2000
10-27-2005, 08:58 PM
Another dominant effort from the Hokies tonight...wow :rolleyes:

USC and Texas would both mop the floor with them in my opinion.

pack4life
10-27-2005, 09:03 PM
Yeah, it wouldn't even be close, i am still rooting for BC in this one.

Anyway, intresting thing i heard today on espnradio 1260... They are saying that if all three stay undefeated, Texas will undoubtly be the odd man out in the BCS polls. I'm not too sure on how the BCS works or anything, but can anyone clarify if this is a fact or just another unrequited opinion for Texas haters.

FootballJunkie
10-27-2005, 09:13 PM
Yeah, it wouldn't even be close, i am still rooting for BC in this one.

Anyway, intresting thing i heard today on espnradio 1260... They are saying that if all three stay undefeated, Texas will undoubtly be the odd man out in the BCS polls. I'm not too sure on how the BCS works or anything, but can anyone clarify if this is a fact or just another unrequited opinion for Texas haters.

If the BIG XII was worth a darn no one would be saying UT would be the odd man out. Weak conference and weak schedule equals UT being like Auburn :D

Primetime536
10-27-2005, 09:15 PM
Hokie Hokie high, VT starts to gain on texas this week, after a win against 13 they will be within striking distance. If they beat the canes,virgina, flordia st, and miami, Number two will be all theirs.

wide-e-wide
10-27-2005, 09:17 PM
And again I say...

When Is It Best To Take Crack Cocaine?

As arule of thumb, it is profoundly unwise to take crack-cocaine. The brain has evolved atruly vicious set of negative feedback mechanisms. Their functional effect is to stop us from being trulyhappy for long. Nature is cruelly parsimonious with pleasure. The initial short-lived euphoria of a reinforcer as uniquely powerful as crack will be followed by a "crash". This involves anxiety, depression, irritability, extreme fatigue and possibly paranoia. Physical health may deteriorate. An intense craving for more cocaine develops. In heavy users, stereotyped compulsive and repetitive patterns of behaviour may occur. So may tactile hallucinations of insects crawling underneath the skin ("formication"). Severe depressive conditions may follow; agitated delirium; and also a syndrome sometimes known as toxic paranoid psychosis. The neural aftereffects of chronic cocaine use include changes in monoamine metabolites and uptake transporters. There is down-regulation of dopamine D2 receptors to compensate for their drug-induced overstimulation. Thus the brain's capacity to experience pleasure is diminished.

Hornified64
10-27-2005, 09:19 PM
pack4life......

IF and a BIG IF, Virginia Tech wins out....they "might" be able to
get close to Texas and/or USC in the "computer portion" of the BCS,
which counts ONLY 1/3 of the formula.

The other 2/3rds of the "formula" lean on the 2 human polls....the
Harris Interactive and the Coaches Poll....which Texas AND USC
barring playing terribly bad and or actually losing would have to lose
an incredible amount of ground within those two polls.

Frankly, the media and computers would LOVE to have something
interesting to talk about....just to keep interest.

It's really going to take one of the two (Texas or USC) losing in order
for either to be passed within the human polls by Virginia Tech or
anyone else....imho.

FootballJunkie
10-27-2005, 09:20 PM
Well since I have been accused of hating on everything not "East Coast" I might as well continue right!! Gotta love those BCS computers don't ya ;)
When they make you #1 SMILE...When they move ya down continue to SMILE!!

Primetime536
10-27-2005, 09:28 PM
And again I say...

When Is It Best To Take Crack Cocaine?

As arule of thumb, it is profoundly unwise to take crack-cocaine. The brain has evolved atruly vicious set of negative feedback mechanisms. Their functional effect is to stop us from being trulyhappy for long. Nature is cruelly parsimonious with pleasure. The initial short-lived euphoria of a reinforcer as uniquely powerful as crack will be followed by a "crash". This involves anxiety, depression, irritability, extreme fatigue and possibly paranoia. Physical health may deteriorate. An intense craving for more cocaine develops. In heavy users, stereotyped compulsive and repetitive patterns of behaviour may occur. So may tactile hallucinations of insects crawling underneath the skin ("formication"). Severe depressive conditions may follow; agitated delirium; and also a syndrome sometimes known as toxic paranoid psychosis. The neural aftereffects of chronic cocaine use include changes in monoamine metabolites and uptake transporters. There is down-regulation of dopamine D2 receptors to compensate for their drug-induced overstimulation. Thus the brain's capacity to experience pleasure is diminished.
Man im real impressed! It takes such a genius to c&p a internet definition.

wide-e-wide
10-27-2005, 09:36 PM
Man im real impressed! It takes such a genius to c&p a internet definition.

Actually I graduated from college...and although I am in a different career position right now....I was a licensed substance abuse counselor for years...
So no I don't need to look up definitions on the internet. I'm pretty familiar with the subject.

And any person that thinks VaTech will be playing USC in the Rose Bowl...is obviously smoking crack cocaine.

ThEgReAtOnE
10-27-2005, 09:45 PM
Actually I graduated from college...and although I am in a different career position right now....I was a licensed substance abuse counselor for years...
So no I don't need to look up definitions on the internet. I'm pretty familiar with the subject.

And any person that thinks VaTech will be playing USC in the Rose Bowl...is obviously smoking crack cocaine.

I agree dawg!!

Doc Holliday: Why Ringo....you look as if somebody just walked all over yo' grave!

Ringo: Fights not with you Longer!

Doc Holliday: I beg to differ.......and this time, it's legal!

Primetime536
10-27-2005, 09:45 PM

alright dawg, you can think what you want, just think back to 03 when usc was 2 and lsu jumped them. Or maybe 01 when colorado got jipped by the bsc. The bsc is not human, it DOESNT use logic! If texas does play usc ill garantee Young will throw at least 2 interceptions, his passing skills are lacking, that was exposed against Tech. Darnell Bing and uscs D will hold Texas to 21-28, which will be enough for the DOMINATE usc offence to win the game. I mean honestly, whos UT going to game plan for, lightning and thunder(bush/white) or THE heisman trophey winner, smith, and jarrett.

Get over your love for Texas and use logic, if you have any. If you know football you know ANYTHING can happen with the BCS.

TheDuke
10-27-2005, 09:46 PM

WELL SAID!! Just read below in the Burnt Orange!!:D

When has a #1 been passed by 2 spots before? They are number #1 now, your saying they can be passed by 2 spots if they win out? NOW WAY!

dragons08
10-27-2005, 09:47 PM
skins where are you bro???

Primetime536
10-27-2005, 09:49 PM
WELL SAID!! Just read below in the Burnt Orange!!:D

When has a #1 been passed by 2 spots before? They are number #1 now, your saying they can be passed by 2 spots if they win out? NOW WAY!
yeah man they are the 2005 champs, hmm i just wonder weather they will win the Fiesta bowl?

wide-e-wide
10-27-2005, 09:54 PM
yeah man they are the 2005 champs, hmm i just wonder weather they will win the Fiesta bowl?

Did you say you wonder what the weather will be like at the Fiesta Bowl?
Oooooooh you mean "whether" I gotcha...
dude player hatin' is an ugly thing...please stop it.
Vince Young's passing ability has been exposed?
hahahahaha
You're killing me...look at the stats dude.

ThEgReAtOnE
10-27-2005, 09:55 PM
alright dawg, you can think what you want, just think back to 03 when usc was 2 and lsu jumped them. Or maybe 01 when colorado got jipped by the bsc. The bsc is not human, it DOESNT use logic! If texas does play usc ill garantee Young will throw at least 2 interceptions, his passing skills are lacking, that was exposed against Tech. Darnell Bing and uscs D will hold Texas to 21-28, which will be enough for the DOMINATE usc offence to win the game. I mean honestly, whos UT going to game plan for, lightning and thunder(bush/white) or THE heisman trophey winner, smith, and jarrett.

Get over your love for Texas and use logic, if you have any. If you know football you know ANYTHING can happen with the BCS.

Deion, Deion, Deion.....must we have these
taunts?! Not only is The Longhorns "D" light
years ahead of USC's "D", their offense isn't
that far behind them, as well.

Look, I believe the analysts know a little more
than us, and when many legendary coaches
and top analysts say UT vs USC is going to be
a very good match, and UT can win...I believe
that!

Sorry...I see it being alot different!

FootballJunkie
10-27-2005, 09:56 PM
Another dominant effort from the Hokies tonight...wow :rolleyes:

USC and Texas would both mop the floor with them in my opinion.

Yea you are so right good point. 492yards of offense, 26 first downs, 81 total plays and a 30-10 score. Oh defense gave up 154 total yards and ONLY 16 on the ground so yea it was pretty dominant. ON PRIME TIME ESPN. Let the computers go ding,ding baby. :D

Just for comparison...UT had 444 yards of offense and the "Great UT defense" gave up 468 yards including a 100 on the ground. :rolleyes:

Yep I'll take that on a Thursday night!!!

ThEgReAtOnE
10-27-2005, 09:57 PM
hahahahaha

I agree!

Doc Holliday: I'll be your huckleberry!

Ringo: Alright Longer....

Doc Holliday: Say when....say when....

wide-e-wide
10-27-2005, 09:59 PM
Yea you are so right good point. 492yards of offense, 26 first downs, 81 total plays and a 30-10 score. Oh defense gave up 154 total yards and ONLY 16 on the ground so yea it was pretty dominant. ON PRIME TIME ESPN. Let the computers go ding,ding baby. :D

Just for comparison...UT had 444 yards of offense and the "Great UT defense" gave up 468 yards including a 100 on the ground. :rolleyes:

And won by 15 more points than VaTech did...against a higher ranked team...
c'mon 'yall...you are making this too easy...It's like debating with one of my kids.

Primetime536
10-27-2005, 10:00 PM
hahahahaha
hahahah your killing me, Wait hold, im confused, is this english?Or 5atexasfootball? Your insecurties have me a little confused. Do you feal better about yourself not that you corrected a simple error, if it makes you feal any better, im sorry i made a simple error.Is your selfesteim so low you get off on correcting people? Man you seem a little pathetic to me!!Now back to the topic of this board, FOOTBALL.

, what a joke. He is a DECENT passer, nothing more. He is a good all purpose QB, but usc will stop his run. Hell not usc i mean, pennSt. or bama will stop it.

Primetime536
10-27-2005, 10:04 PM
Deion, Deion, Deion.....must we have these
taunts?! Not only is The Longhorns "D" light
years ahead of USC's "D", their offense isn't
that far behind them, as well.

Look, I believe the analysts know a little more
than us, and when many legendary coaches
and top analysts say UT vs USC is going to be
a very good match, and UT can win...I believe
that!

Sorry...I see it being alot different!
Yeah, well it could be uscVtexas prolly most likely, BUT im just putting the possibility out there to make some good football debate.

And i think some of the ESPN analyst are stupid. Many of them just make their points by being really loud and annoying

FootballJunkie
10-27-2005, 10:05 PM
And won by 15 more points than VaTech did...against a higher ranked team...
c'mon 'yall...you are making this too easy...It's like debating with one of my kids.

15 more points and 300 more yards on D....Texas Tech is a joke and everyone knows it!! Next week #6 Miami and like I said let the computers go ring a ding ding!!! I'm not debating only stating the obvious and expressing my "East Coast Bias" :D

wide-e-wide
10-27-2005, 10:05 PM
Careful...you might hurt my "fealings"
Bwhahahahahahahaha
Wideman you are one funny sum***** sometimes you know that?
Do you "feel" me?
it's just the way I am dude...stick around this place...maybe you'll get a "feel" for it...
Hey anybody remember that song ..."I FEEL for you" ?
Chaka Khan...Chaka Khan...

It's all good dude...now I know not to waste my time...
My "self-ESTEEM" is just find by the way. I love me some me....

KT2000
10-27-2005, 10:06 PM
Miami is going to beat them.

wide-e-wide
15 more points and 300 more yards on D....Texas Tech is a joke and everyone knows it!! Next week #6 Miami and like I said let the computers go ring a ding ding!!! I'm not debating only stating the obvious and expressing my "East Coast Bias" :D

Does the computer go by yardage given up......or margin of victory?
Somebody please tell me...I'm lost here.

Primetime536

and that was against a overrated tech team, trust me they will not get much credit for that win, tech may lose 2 more games, and texas will get little credit for the sos catagory

Primetime536
10-27-2005, 10:09 PM
Careful...you might hurt my "fealings"
Bwhahahahahahahaha
Wideman you are one funny sum***** sometimes you know that?
Do you "feel" me?
it's just the way I am dude...stick around this place...maybe you'll get a "feel" for it...
Hey anybody remember that song ..."I FEEL for you" ?
Chaka Khan...Chaka Khan...

It's all good dude...now I know not to waste my time...
My "self-ESTEEM" is just find by the way. I love me some me....
Oh then its just a little obsession you picked up then? Maybe it gives you a high to down peoples common errors.

FootballJunkie
10-27-2005, 10:09 PM
Miami is going to beat them.

YEA YEA and gas will be .99 a gallon tomorrow. I don't think so. :p

wide-e-wide
10-27-2005, 10:10 PM
and that was against a overrated tech team, trust me they will not get much credit for that win, tech may lose 2 more games, and texas will get little credit for the sos catagory

Didn't you say the computers don't use logic...?
So how are they gonna know that Texas Tech was overrated?
Wow....whudda thunkit? VaTech fans are the East Coast's answer to aggy...call them commonwealth aggy.

FootballJunkie
10-27-2005, 10:14 PM
Does the computer go by yardage given up......or margin of victory?
Somebody please tell me...I'm lost here.

Tell you what you do there WIDE...Type #15GT, #20WV, #13BC, #6MIAMI, #9FSU, into your computer and press enter. And just for kicks and giggles add a #25UVA in there. DING DING DING....oh hell that equals BCS baby!! :D

Primetime536
10-27-2005, 10:14 PM
Didn't you say the computers don't use logic...?
So how are they gonna know that Texas Tech was overrated?
Wow....whudda thunkit? VaTech fans are the East Coast's answer to aggy...call them commonwealth aggy.
Your so unlogical. they are overrated. They will lose two more games. Bringing techs bcs average down. When techs average is brought down, texas SOS will be lowerd because of techs fall. This is bring texass average down

Is that simple enough for you? If not just tell me and ill break it down further. I can now understand your you self-esteem is so low

im sure you know that, use some logic

Hdshrinker
10-27-2005, 10:16 PM
Oh then its just a little obsession you picked up then? Maybe it gives you a high to down peoples common errors.

Makes small minds feel big prime.......

Primetime536
10-27-2005, 10:16 PM
Tell you what you do there WIDE...Type #15GT, #20WV, #13BC, #6MIAMI, #9FSU, into your computer and press enter. And just for kicks and giggles add a #25UVA in there. DING DING DING....oh hell that equals BCS baby!! :D
Football junkie, thanks, you would think that would be enough to convince these unlogical fools that VT has a chance for the NT game.

Primetime536
10-27-2005, 10:17 PM
Makes small minds feel big prime.......
Yea i guese,

wide-e-wide
unlogical? (you're killing me dude)
How do you "validify" that? hahahaha

You said the computers do not use logic...
Then you go on to tell us...the computer won't give Texas much credit
because Texas Tech was overrated...how the hell is it gonna do that if it
can't use logic?

ThEgReAtOnE

ya the computers will be going ring a ding ding, when the u spanks that a**!

sorry dawg, this is when Va Tech will be exposed! the #1, overall, defense in the nation will be in full force!!!!!!!!!

Hurricane Nation...can you here me?!

Primetime536
10-27-2005, 10:19 PM
unlogical? (you're killing me dude)
How do you "validify" that? hahahaha

You said the computers do not use logic...
Then you go on to tell us...the computer won't give Texas much credit
because Texas Tech was overrated...how the hell is it gonna do that if it
can't use logic?
Again i will repeat myself

Your so unlogical. they are overrated. They will lose two more games. Bringing techs bcs average down. When techs average is brought down, texas SOS will be lowerd because of techs fall. This is bring texass average down

Is that simple enough for you? If not just tell me and ill break it down further. I can now understand your you self-esteem is so low

im sure you know that, use some logic

Primetime536
10-27-2005, 10:20 PM

sorry dawg, this is when Va Tech will be exposed! the #1, overall, defense in the nation will be in full force!!!!!!!!!

Yea, that game will be a great game. Ill give VT the edge because they are so dominate at home.

oh and i think that one QB will do, you know alright, you may of heard of him. I think hes related to Mike vick?
hokie hokie high

FootballJunkie
10-27-2005, 10:22 PM

Yea just like they did last year in MIAMI :rolleyes:

Primetime536
10-27-2005, 10:23 PM
Yea just like they did last year in MIAMI :rolleyes:
And this year they are WAYYY better

ThEgReAtOnE
10-27-2005, 10:23 PM

i've been saying since the beginning of the year....va tech will lose to miami, well nows the time to prove me wrong!

texas would beat #15GT, #20WV, #13BC, #6MIAMI, #9FSU, #25UVA!

as a conference the acc beats out the big xii, because of depth,...but head to head....texas vs va tech........texas wins!

hence texas plays usc for the title!

FootballJunkie
10-27-2005, 10:29 PM
i've been saying since the beginning of the year....va tech will lose to miami, well nows the time to prove me wrong!

texas would beat #15GT, #20WV, #13BC, #6MIAMI, #9FSU, #25UVA!

as a conference the acc beats out the big xii, because of depth,...but head to head....texas vs va tech........texas wins!

hence texas plays usc for the title!

Well my friend next Saturday night in PRIME TIME again we will see. And sure UT may very well have beaten thos teams but guess who has them on the schedule!! Now correct me if I'm wrong but SOS DOES count. So I say again...let the computers go ring a ding ding.

And just for GP lets count how many times UM's QB gets off the deck...or did you forget those 9 sacks FSU put on them. VTechs D is better baby.

ThEgReAtOnE
10-27-2005, 10:42 PM
Well my friend next Saturday night in PRIME TIME again we will see. And sure UT may very well have beaten thos teams but guess who has them on the schedule!! Now correct me if I'm wrong but SOS DOES count. So I say again...let the computers go ring a ding ding.

And just for GP lets count how many times UM's QB gets off the deck...or did you forget those 9 sacks FSU put on them. VTechs D is better baby.

va tech's did isn't close to Miami's, however, their "O" is what's gonna be the factor!

it's miami "d" vs tech's "o"!......d wins championships, while o wins votes!

we'll see!

bowiedawgs01
10-27-2005, 10:54 PM
Primetime,

Your posts make my head hurt. When I read them, I feel like gouging my eyes out. How old are you? You can't be older than 15. Not with that vocabulary. If you are, your school system failed you horribly. My self esteem is just fine. It's just that if you want to be taken seriously, you have to at least be literate.

You keep saying Texas Tech WILL, without a doubt, lose two more games. You then go on to assume Virginia Tech will win out against a much tougher schedule. How is your opinion logical? That's right, it's an opinion. A bad one at that.

Let's say VaTech wins out and gains a #1 average in the computer polls, and Texas drops to 3rd. Voters don't tend to change their votes unless someone loses. People WANT a USC vs. Texas Rose Bowl. Those two will be 1 and 2 in both polls from here on out if they go undefeated. VaTech's advantage in 1/3 of the BCS average will have to outweigh Texas' advantage in 2/3 of the BCS average. It'd have to be one hell of a difference in those computer polls.

It'll all be a moot point when Miami wins though.

By the way...

Dominate is a verb.
Dominant is an adjective.

pack4life
10-27-2005, 10:55 PM
As i can see, i guess the guys on the radio just wanted to stir things up.

Anyway, it's easily seen that UT is superior to any of the other unbeatens (barring USC, UT is better than USC, but not in every aspect).

VT will slip up to Miami, so i'm not too worried, and UT will win out.

PASADENA HERE WE COME!

HOOK EM HORNS!

FootballJunkie
10-27-2005, 10:59 PM
va tech's did isn't close to Miami's, however, their "O" is what's gonna be the factor!

it's miami "d" vs tech's "o"!......d wins championships, while o wins votes!

we'll see!

Vtech's Defense is #2 in the NATION and they are #1 in scoring defense. SO, put MIAMI's freshman QB against that and VTechs Offense against Miami's Defense. Put the game in Blackburg and that equals another VTech win. :D

Primetime536
10-27-2005, 11:03 PM
Primetime,

Your posts make my head hurt. When I read them, I feel like gouging my eyes out. How old are you? You can't be older than 15. Not with that vocabulary. If you are, your school system failed you horribly. My self esteem is just fine. It's just that if you want to be taken seriously, you have to at least be literate.

You keep saying Texas Tech WILL, without a doubt, lose two more games. You then go on to assume Virginia Tech will win out against a much tougher schedule. How is your opinion logical? That's right, it's an opinion. A bad one at that.

Let's say VaTech wins out and gains a #1 average in the computer polls, and Texas drops to 3rd. Voters don't tend to change their votes unless someone loses. People WANT a USC vs. Texas Rose Bowl. Those two will be 1 and 2 in both polls from here on out if they go undefeated. VaTech's advantage in 1/3 of the BCS average will have to outweigh Texas' advantage in 2/3 of the BCS average. It'd have to be one hell of a difference in those computer polls.

It'll all be a moot point when Miami wins though.

By the way...

Dominate is a verb.
Dominant is an adjective.
Ok, like i said this isnt english class, i type in aim form. Stick with football. bottom line if VTech wins out they deserve to play in theNC game. If it appeases people on this board i will type a little more proper. And what if i was 15,(im 16) isnt this a HIGHSCHOOL football board. Isnt high school 14-18?

Ohh, ok, i understand now. Your one of those guys who still hasnt hung up his cleets from "the glory days", you still imagine yourself as a highschool talking trash to another highschool(me). I guese in a way me and you are peers,at least a maturity level. your just about what 30 years older, and a little bit more jealous. Maybe when im an old timer like you i will talk on the same level as highschoolers, maybe i will every bit as jealous as you are. Untill them ill enjoy my youth, and enjoy playing spots. ;)

ThEgReAtOnE
10-27-2005, 11:03 PM
And this year they are WAYYY better

So is Miami's defense! That's the key...stopping Marcus Vick!

bowiedawgs01
10-27-2005, 11:06 PM
I've used AIM for years. I don't remember "AIM form" consisting of gross misuse of our language. I do know it uses a lot of shorthand.

But back to football, as you like to say. Answer my question. You know, with logic.

FootballJunkie
10-27-2005, 11:09 PM
So is Miami's defense! That's the key...stopping Marcus Vick!

Like I said Miami's defense is #1...but Vtechs is #2 and they score a heck of a lot more. Vtech's spteams is way better and Miami has a freshman QB that has been shakey at times. Did I mention Miami's O-line is not that great ie 9 sacks agains FSU. Last and certainly not least. It is COOOLD this time of year in BLACKSBURG :D Saturday night PRIME TIME we will see.

bowiedawgs01
10-27-2005, 11:10 PM
And what if i was 15,(im 16) isnt this a HIGHSCHOOL football board. Isnt high school 14-18?

Last time I checked, the older posters went through high school. We also are college fans and have an interest in recruiting.

wide-e-wide
10-27-2005, 11:10 PM
I've used AIM for years. I don't remember "AIM form" consisting of gross misuse of our language. I do know it uses a lot of shorthand.

But back to football, as you like to say. Answer my question. You know, with logic.

bowiedawgs...you're being unlogical...and that will not be tolerated...you got me?

wide-e-wide
10-27-2005, 11:12 PM
And what if i was 15,(im 16) isnt this a HIGHSCHOOL football board. Isnt high school 14-18?

At the rate you are going...looks like 14-22 would be more "logical".

bowiedawgs01
10-27-2005, 11:12 PM
bowiedawgs...you're being unlogical...and that will not be tolerated...you got me?

My apologies.

Primetime536
10-27-2005, 11:22 PM

At the rate you are going...looks like 14-22 would be more "logical".
haa, and wide takes the common comeback, so predictable. And a bit pathetic. I would think someone of your "intelligence" would come up with something a bit more creative

and what was the ?

Primetime536
10-27-2005, 11:22 PM

which is?

bowiedawgs01
10-27-2005, 11:26 PM

Brush up on your reading comprehension, kid. It's on the SAT.

wide-e-wide
10-27-2005, 11:26 PM
Last time I checked, the older posters went through high school. We also are college fans and have an interest in recruiting.

Again...You are being totally unlogical.
Or is that just an unaccurate consumption?

Primetime536
10-27-2005, 11:28 PM
Again...You are being totally unlogical.
Or is that just an unaccurate consumption?
unaccurate, whats that mean?

bowiedawgs01
10-27-2005, 11:31 PM
Mockery
n.
Scornfully contemptuous ridicule; derision.

wide-e-wide
10-27-2005, 11:31 PM
unaccurate, whats that mean?

In the dictionary...it comes shortly before unlogical. Look it up....

Primetime536
10-27-2005, 11:33 PM
Mockery
n.
Scornfully contemptuous ridicule; derision.
oh i think he ment to say inaccurate.

Primetime536
10-27-2005, 11:34 PM
In the dictionary...it comes shortly before unlogical. Look it up....
i looked it up, no such word?

bowiedawgs01
10-27-2005, 11:34 PM
oh i think he ment to say inaccurate.

wow. just...wow.

FootballJunkie
10-27-2005, 11:37 PM
wow. just...wow.

Two grown men picking on a 16 year old. That is real impressive. Sort of like UT beating Texas Tech!! :rolleyes:

Primetime536
10-27-2005, 11:38 PM
wow. just...wow.
Yea, wow is right, its pathetic i know, i was just demonstrating how wide-e-wide wasnt perfect. Hes a little hypocritical to critize my poor spelling when he cant spell a simple word. Wait isnt wide the same guy who asked HB what a hypocrit was?

wide-e-wide
10-27-2005, 11:38 PM
You want some too.
C'mon in here ******...you can get served too.

Primetime536
10-27-2005, 11:40 PM
You want some too.
Get served, did i miss something? I dont think anyone was served.

bowiedawgs01
10-27-2005, 11:40 PM
Yea, wow is right, its pathetic i know, i was just demonstrating how wide-e-wide wasnt perfect. Hes a little hypocritical to critize my poor spelling when he cant spell a simple word. Wait isnt wide the same guy who asked HB what a hypocrit was?

I defined mockery for you. Do you know why? Because wideman was MOCKING YOU!!!

2+2 does in fact = 4.

bowiedawgs01
10-27-2005, 11:42 PM
Two grown men picking on a 16 year old. That is real impressive.

It'll be a good lesson for him. Don't open your mouth and spew crap if you have no idea of what you speak and can't back it up with one iota of concrete support.

wide-e-wide
10-27-2005, 11:43 PM

again...wow...just wow.

And you did it twice in the same post.

Public humiliation is the greatest tool in motivating men...
At least that is what the Marine Corps says...
Maybe this will teach the young man...to pay attention in school.
Remember this brain child is out driving on our streets every day...
a bit scary don't you think?

FootballJunkie
10-27-2005, 11:43 PM
You want some too.

Serve me. I am hungry. Ill take my stake well done with a backed potato please.

wide-e-wide
10-27-2005, 11:45 PM

2+2 does in fact = 4.

still don't know what the hell a hyporcrit is...
that is how it was spelled in the original post.
Wait a minute......hypocrit is wrong too isn't it?
Good Lord...I'm surrounded by 'em.

bowiedawgs01
Ill take my stake well done with a backed potato please.

Are you a vampire with a death wish?

FootballJunkie
It'll be a good lesson for him. Don't open your mouth and spew crap if you have no idea of what you speak and can't back it up with one iota of concrete support.

Here is a fact for you. The BigXII sucks this year. Let the computers ring-a-ding -ding!! :D

Primetime536
10-27-2005, 11:46 PM

2+2 does in fact = 4.
What are you wides sidekick? Let him fight his own battle. I dont believe he was mocking me, well you seem to be in his mind. wides a grown man lay off him, i am such a threat to him, he feals the need to recruit a army of pathetic grown men to punk a high schooler? Wow, the pathetic get more pathetic!

wide-e-wide
10-27-2005, 11:46 PM
stake?
hey bowie...this is like shootin' fish in freakin' bathtub.

wide-e-wide
10-27-2005, 11:48 PM
What are you wides sidekick? Let him fight his own battle. I dont believe he was mocking me, well you seem to be in his mind. wides a grown man lay off him, i am such a threat to him, he feals the need to recruit a army of pathetic grown men to punk a high schooler? Wow, the pathetic get more pathetic!

Calm down dude...if you would just slow down and re-read your post...and then re-read mine...It would all make sense.
Maybe...

And I'm bowie's sidekick...He's Carson...and I'm McMahon...we're kind of a big deal 'ya know?

Primetime536
10-27-2005, 11:49 PM
OK, now i may be young, but i know more about football than almost anyone one this site. I can back my self up with all kinds of football knowledge, and if you look back you will see wides agressive behavior come out for no apparent reason.

GTown02
10-27-2005, 11:49 PM
Wow this is some of the funniest stuff i've read on these boards.... keep em' coming! :D

bowiedawgs01
10-27-2005, 11:50 PM

sidekick? Not exactly. I'm a Texas fan that hates seeing BS thrown about the room. You don't believe he was mocking you? That's because your sarcasm meter is turned off.

How exactly is age some sort of crutch in this? More than age, it's intelligence. When I was 16, I wouldn't be in the position you are right now. I was scoring 1400 on the SAT at 16. And if I didn't have the knowledge of a subject, I certainly wouldn't open my mouth and be thought of as an idiot.

Punking a high schooler. Please. Like being in high school is automatically some sort of disadvantage. I disagree.

FootballJunkie
10-27-2005, 11:50 PM
Wow this is some of the funniest stuff i've read on these boards.... keep em' coming! :D

Yea this board is in rare form tonite and probably will continue through Dec. 5th or so when the final BCS comes out.

wide-e-wide
10-27-2005, 11:52 PM
I'm telling you dawg...
Wait 'til the fellas read this tomorrow..
I have a vision...a vision of Dr. Pepper,coffee and anything else within 3 feet ...spewing all over numerous computer screens.

FootballJunkie
10-27-2005, 11:52 PM
Are you a vampire with a death wish?

Oh you caught that I am impressed. Keeping on top of the game I see!!

bowiedawgs01
10-27-2005, 11:53 PM
OK, now i may be young, but i know more about football than almost anyone one this site. I can back my self up with all kinds of football knowledge, and if you look back you will see wides agressive behavior come out for no apparent reason.

Lay it on me, Lombardi!

I can't wait for more gems of football knowledge as the ones you've displayed for us simpletons on this thread!

Primetime536
sidekick? Not exactly. I'm a Texas fan that hates seeing BS thrown about the room. You don't believe he was mocking you? That's because your sarcasm meter is turned off.

How exactly is age some sort of crutch in this? More than age, it's intelligence. When I was 16, I wouldn't be in the position you are right now. I was scoring 1400 on the SAT at 16. And if I didn't have the knowledge of a subject, I certainly wouldn't open my mouth and be thought of as an idiot.

Punking a high schooler. Please. Like being in high school is automatically some sort of disadvantage. I disagree.
Alright again, i know more about football than you think i do, trust me. I can hang with anyone on the topic of football. anyways how would you know i know nothing about football, we havnt talked football, just trash

FootballJunkie
Vampire...sucking the life out of all UT fans. Goooo ACC :p

Primetime536
10-27-2005, 11:54 PM
Lay it on me, Lombardi!

I can't wait for more gems of football knowledge as the ones you've displayed for us simpletons on this thread!
hmm, i dont think i have said anything stupid, the only think i have said is, it is POSSIBLE for VTECH to go to the NT game, is this stupid no not at all.

wide-e-wide
10-27-2005, 11:55 PM
Lay it on me, Lombardi!

He's had a subscription to Sports Illustrated since he was 10 dude...
You better watch out.

bowiedawgs01
anyways how would you know i know nothing about football, we havnt talked football

Everything you said tonight was based in opinion, not fact or statistics. Give me something more than pulling "tech will lose two more times" out of your butt and presenting it as Gospel.

Primetime536
He's had a subscription to Sports Illustrated since he was 10 dude...
You better watch out.
9 bro, watch out.

bowiedawgs01
10-27-2005, 11:56 PM
we havnt talked football, just trash

No, wide-e-wide and I have talked trash. You have been the recipient of said trash.

wide-e-wide
10-27-2005, 11:57 PM
This one worked on the last self-proclaimed teenage sports whiz kid...
let's see if it works again shall we?

Hey kid....who was Knute Rockne?

FootballJunkie
10-28-2005, 12:00 AM
Everything you said tonight was based in opinion, not fact or statistics. Give me something more than pulling "tech will lose two more times" out of your butt and presenting it as Gospel.

Well here is a fact or 2 for you...the Big 12 has a losing record against the ACC and Pac-10 and the Mountain West. The Big 12 has the worst SOS of all the BCS conferences except the Big East. Also the fewest ranked teams of all BCS confereces besides the Big East.

Primetime536
10-28-2005, 12:00 AM
well the only thing i can give you is this, who decides the national champioship game? the bcs, fact right. Who played in the title game in 01? Nebraska, did they deserve it, you decide....who played in 03 Lsu and OK, did usc deserve to play in it...you decide.....who played in it last year? OK and Usc...did auburn deserve to play in it? you decide

wide-e-wide
10-28-2005, 12:02 AM
well the only thing i can give you is this, who decides the national champioship game? the bcs, fact right. Who played in the title game in 01? Nebraska, did they deserve it, you decide....who played in 03 Lsu and OK, did usc deserve to play in it...you decide.....who played in it last year? OK and Usc...did auburn deserve to play in it? you decide

Let me get this straight...are you saying that OU SUCKS?
If so...I'm with you brother.

Primetime536
10-28-2005, 12:04 AM
This one worked on the last self-proclaimed teenage sports whiz kid...
let's see if it works again shall we?

Hey kid....who was Knute Rockne?
Knute ND coach! Known for being the 1st coach to create rival games and build a national schedule

"Win one for the Gipper." was his pregame speech

any more brain busters?

wide-e-wide
10-28-2005, 12:05 AM
Knute ND coach! Known for being the 1st coach to create rival games and build a national schedule

"Win one for the Gipper." was his pregame speech

any more brain busters?

Who played "The Gipper" in the movie?

Primetime536
10-28-2005, 12:06 AM
Let me get this straight...are you saying that OU SUCKS?
If so...I'm with you brother.
well dawg i gave you A fact, and you respond with, a rather rediculous comment.

Ou sucks ehh, the same team that has went to the national Championship 4out of 6 years?

GTown02
10-28-2005, 12:07 AM
well dawg i gave you A fact, and you respond with, a rather rediculous comment.

Ou sucks ehh, the same team that has went to the national Championship 4out of 6 years?
And won 1? whats your point? As UT fans, its our obligation to hate OU! ;)

Primetime536
10-28-2005, 12:07 AM
Who played "The Gipper" in the movie?
You got me

Primetime536
10-28-2005, 12:08 AM
understood, i am the same way with the yanks

wide-e-wide
10-28-2005, 12:08 AM

I think his point was that Bob Stoops hates puppies and Barry Switzer is the son of a bootlegger. I could be wrong though....don't quote me.

FootballJunkie
10-28-2005, 12:09 AM
NO UT sucks the team that has not sniffed a championship game since 19 freakin 69!! But they are good this year let me add. :D

wide-e-wide
10-28-2005, 12:10 AM
You got me

Well considering he went on to become THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA... I figured you might get that one.

Primetime536
I think his point was that Bob Stoops hates puppies and Barry Switzer is the son of a bootlegger. I could be wrong though....don't quote me.
still, ou is a great program. must i remind you of the 5 massacres in a row

bowiedawgs01
Alrighty then, lets return to your first attempt on this thread of a football post.

If texas does play usc ill garantee Young will throw at least 2 interceptions, his passing skills are lacking, that was exposed against Tech. Darnell Bing and uscs D will hold Texas to 21-28, which will be enough for the DOMINATE usc offence to win the game. I mean honestly, whos UT going to game plan for, lightning and thunder(bush/white) or THE heisman trophey winner, smith, and jarrett.

Get over your love for Texas and use logic, if you have any. If you know football you know ANYTHING can happen with the

Point 1: Young will throw at least 2 INTs GUARANTEED b/c his passing skills are lacking.

Rebuttal: The first part is just ******** and cannot be proven with fact. So I'll move on to the 2nd part...his passing skills.

Vince is 2nd in the NATION in passing efficiency this season. The difference between 1 and 2 is so close, that if he had not attempted one of those passes (not completed another one, just threw one less pass), he'd be in first place in the NATION. He's completing over 67% of his passes this season, but I guess it's just his awesome receivers right? The same receiving corp that people ridiculed this offseason? Yeah it must be all them.

Vince's stats would be SICK if he played significant time in the 4th quarter. The only game he's actually done something in the 4th was at Ohio State. In ever other game, he's either handed off or sat early. In all other games combined, minus the OSU game, Vince's 4th quarter stats are:

7-10 68 yards 1 TD and 0 INTs
2 rushes for 12 yards and 0 TDs

That is not an average of his 4th quarters. Those are TOTALS. You cannot just look at raw stats. In fact, in those six wins (including all of conference play), 95% of Vince Young's passing yards, 92% of his passing TD's, 97% of his rushing yards, and 100% of his rushing TD's have come in the first three quarters.

You sure nailed that one, Primetime.

Point 2: "Darnell Bing and uscs D will hold Texas to 21-28"

Rebuttal 2: No it won't. USC's D is the weakness of that ballclub. They give up points in droves compared to Texas' D. Texas' lowest scoring game was 25 pts on the road, in a hostile environment, against a Top 5 defense. USC does not have a Top 5 defense. Not even close actually.

Point 3: "which will be enough for the DOMINATE usc offence to win the game."

Rebuttal 3: Chizik's defenses have been more than stout the last 2 and a half years. The most points he's given up in that entire time was 31. That was to eventual Champion, LSU. He has good gameplans and knows how to adjust on the fly. If something is working, he'll take it away and see if you can come up with something else. Don't assume a massive amount of points against a Chizik-coached defense.

Primetime536
10-28-2005, 12:11 AM
Well considering he went on to become THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA... I figured you might get that one.
Oh, well i have never seen the movie

RR

wide-e-wide
10-28-2005, 12:14 AM
still, ou is a great program. must i remind you of the 5 massacres in a row

Yeah that 12-0 loss was a massacre.
And since you bring that up...I have to go with this...
All-time record in the series...
Who leads in that catagory?
Oh it's a massacre isn't it?

GTown02
10-28-2005, 12:14 AM
Its a massacre for Texas! ;)

Primetime536
10-28-2005, 12:15 AM
Alrighty then, lets return to your first attempt on this thread of a football post.

Point 1: Young will throw at least 2 INTs GUARANTEED b/c his passing skills are lacking.

Rebuttal: The first part is just ******** and cannot be proven with fact. So I'll move on to the 2nd part...his passing skills.

Vince is 2nd in the NATION in passing efficiency this season. The difference between 1 and 2 is so close, that if he had not attempted one of those passes (not completed another one, just threw one less pass), he'd be in first place in the NATION. He's completing over 67% of his passes this season, but I guess it's just his awesome receivers right? The same receiving corp that people ridiculed this offseason? Yeah it must be all them.

Vince's stats would be SICK if he played significant time in the 4th quarter. The only game he's actually done something in the 4th was at Ohio State. In ever other game, he's either handed off or sat early. In all other games combined, minus the OSU game, Vince's 4th quarter stats are:

7-10 68 yards 1 TD and 0 INTs
2 rushes for 12 yards and 0 TDs

That is not an average of his 4th quarters. Those are TOTALS. You cannot just look at raw stats. In fact, in those six wins (including all of conference play), 95% of Vince Young's passing yards, 92% of his passing TD's, 97% of his rushing yards, and 100% of his rushing TD's have come in the first three quarters.

You sure nailed that one, Primetime.

Point 2: "Darnell Bing and uscs D will hold Texas to 21-28"

Rebuttal 2: No it won't. USC's D is the weakness of that ballclub. They give up points in droves compared to Texas' D. Texas' lowest scoring game was 25 pts on the road, in a hostile environment, against a Top 5 defense. USC does not have a Top 5 defense. Not even close actually.

Point 3: "which will be enough for the DOMINATE usc offence to win the game."

Rebuttal 3: Chizik's defenses have been more than stout the last 2 and a half years. The most points he's given up in that entire time was 31. That was to eventual Champion, LSU. He has good gameplans and knows how to adjust on the fly. If something is working, he'll take it away and see if you can come up with something else. Don't assume a massive amount of points against a Chizik-coached defense.
Fianally a good post, ill agree with alot of your post

note: what did uscs D do to OK dominating O

and i never said usc would shut down usc just contain them

wide-e-wide
10-28-2005, 12:16 AM
Oh, well i have never seen the movie

RR

Ronald Reagan

Dude don't do it to yourself...please I'm begging you.
Just study your English or something...call your girlfriend..play
XBox...anything...but don't come on here trying to challenge ol'
wide-e-wide in sports knowledge. It's futile...and frankly not fun at all
for me.

bowiedawgs01
10-28-2005, 12:16 AM
It's not 4 out of 6, btw. OU went to 3 out of 5.

FootballJunkie
10-28-2005, 12:17 AM

No one cared about the history only what you have done lately!!! UT got that monkey off this year doesn't it feel good?? When you had lost five did YOU care about the All-time record?? Didn't think so. To bad you had to do it against a down OU team with a hurt Peterson. A win is a win though :rolleyes:

wide-e-wide
Fianally a good post, ill agree with alot of your post

and i never said usc would shut down usc just contain them

You tell me...
Texas' "D" held them to 12 points...how many did they score on USC?

Primetime536
oh, hmm why would you bring up the all time series, i didnt say anything about the all time series.
And last years 12-0 loss was a massacre, look at the stats. UT potent Offence was shut down, benson and young had terrible games. and last year if these two were shut down, texas was not going to win

And most of all it was a SHUTOUT, you know when one team does not score. In a SHUTOUT the team that wins dominated.

Primetime536
10-28-2005, 12:18 AM
You tell me...
All those points were pish-posh points

FootballJunkie
10-28-2005, 12:19 AM
You tell me...

How about that 60 spot they put on UT TWICE no less?? :D

Primetime536
10-28-2005, 12:19 AM
Ronald Reagan

Dude don't do it to yourself...please I'm begging you.
Just study your English or something...call your girlfriend..play
XBox...anything...but don't come on here trying to challenge ol'
wide-e-wide in sports knowledge. It's futile...and frankly not fun at all
for me.
Hmm, you asked my one spots ? and i answerd it. bring it cuz! again i will say i have never seen the movie

bowiedawgs01
10-28-2005, 12:20 AM

2005 NFL Draft
Shaun Cody DT 2nd round
Mike Patterson DT 1st round
Lofa Tatupu OLB 2nd round

Not to mention 3 other defensive players who went undrafted.

wide-e-wide
10-28-2005, 12:20 AM
No one cared about the history only what you have done lately!!! UT got that monkey off this year doesn't it feel good?? When you had lost five did YOU care about the All-time record?? Didn't think so. To bad you had to do it against a down OU team with a hurt Peterson. A win is a win though :rolleyes:

So I suppose every year Texas has beaten OU....OU had an injury to their star player? Gimme a break dude...
And if history doesn't matter...You said that right?
No one cares about history...isn't that what you said?

THEN WHY ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT A STREAK THAT STARTED 6 YEARS AGO?
Is 6 years ago not history?
Looks like you do care about history...
Now English...that's a totally different story.

Primetime536
10-28-2005, 12:21 AM
tell me why, wide e wide says he knows so much about sports, when hes not even stating sports facts or opinions, hes letting his army do all the talking,

bowiedawgs01
10-28-2005, 12:22 AM
I'm no man's "army."

I am an army of one.

Primetime536
10-28-2005, 12:23 AM
So I suppose every year Texas has beaten OU....OU had an injury to their star player? Gimme a break dude...

No i dont, im talking about the current OU program. When talking about a program you look at what the team has done since the current coach took over. You want to argue about how bad OUs program is? huh, if so go to espn, i think they have a tab called The Program:OU, unless they took it off.

FootballJunkie
10-28-2005, 12:24 AM

Well let me clarify there Mr. WIDE. I do apologize. I should have said Ancient history as opposed to recent history. Does that satisfy you!! Recent meaning 5 in a row as opposed to ancient meaning all-time record. Hope that helps you there son.

Primetime536
I'm no man's "army."

I am an army of one.
Well whatever you are your making you boy look like an idiot. Yall both talk, your the only one who backs it up,

wide-e-wide
You haven't been around long enough kid.
Ask around...I know plenty about sports...plenty

It's just that being an extreme smartass is so much more
fun.

bowiedawgs01
10-28-2005, 12:25 AM
Programs do not stay the same. Since first coming to OU, Bob Stoops has lost Mike Leech, Mark Mangino and Mike Stoops to head coaching jobs. Not to mention other assistants who have left.

6 years ago is history. If history counts, so does the all-time series record.

Primetime536
10-28-2005, 12:27 AM
You haven't been around long enough kid.
Ask around...I know plenty about sports...plenty

It's just that being an extreme smartass is so much more
fun.
If your so knowledgable lets here you "oh mighty" input on this topic.

or would you rather cry about not being a hall of famer?

Primetime536
10-28-2005, 12:28 AM
Programs do not stay the same. Since first coming to OU, Bob Stoops has lost Mike Leech, Mark Mangino and Mike Stoops to head coaching jobs. Not to mention other assistants who have left.

6 years ago is history. If history counts, so does the all-time series record.
Granted, but this has to be considered an off year for them. With Rhett bomart the freshman starting, not many teams could win, they will be back, when Rhett gets more experience

wide-e-wide
10-28-2005, 12:28 AM
I'm no man's "army."

I am an army of one.

And I am a Navy of one...

Well isn't that special?

bowiedawgs01
10-28-2005, 12:30 AM
It was fun to chant BOOOOMMAAAAARRRRRRR during the entire 2nd half of that game. We got all the sections around us to join in, and we were right behind his bench. Lots of fun to rag on a traitor with a big mouth.

Primetime536
10-28-2005, 12:30 AM
And I am a Navy of one...

Well isn't that special?
Again wide avoids giving his input on the topic, i can only imagine how embarrased you are. well would be if you posted, and someone disagreed, instead youll just bash other peoples opinions

Primetime536
10-28-2005, 12:31 AM
It was fun to chant BOOOOMMAAAAARRRRRRR during the entire 2nd half of that game. We got all the sections around us to join in, and we were right behind his bench. Lots of fun to rag on a traitor with a big mouth.
Yeah, well, maybe this losing will give OU some character for a couple of years, when peterson is a jr and senior

bowiedawgs01
10-28-2005, 12:33 AM
I'll admit to being a smart ***. I find it is most effective to add 2 parts knowledge, and 1 part smart *** to make a great, condescending reply to something I find baseless.

Primetime536
10-28-2005, 12:34 AM
I'll admit to being a smart ***. I find it is most effective to add 2 parts knowledge, and 1 part smart *** to make a great, condescending reply to something I find baseless.
hah, yea i agree

bowiedawgs01
10-28-2005, 12:35 AM
So I guess Texas' 5 straight losses will give us plenty of character for years to come.

When Peterson is a junior, Vince will be a senior. When he's a senior, Charles will be a junior. We can match talent with talent.

bowiedawgs01
10-28-2005, 12:36 AM
I'm out. Own y'all later.

:D

Primetime536
10-28-2005, 12:37 AM
So I guess Texas' 5 straight losses will give us plenty of character for years to come.

When Peterson is a junior, Vince will be a senior. When he's a senior, Charles will be a junior. We can match talent with talent.
yeah, texas O will be scarrrry next year, but what about their D no aaron harris, no huff, no, gibsons. Ohio st may beat them next year, other then them tho, they will win every game! Well OU could

wide-e-wide
10-28-2005, 12:42 AM
I'm out. Own y'all later.

:D

Holla at your boy bowie...
Hook 'em

wide-e-wide
10-28-2005, 12:47 AM
Again wide avoids giving his input on the topic, i can only imagine how embarrased you are. well would be if you posted, and someone disagreed, instead youll just bash other peoples opinions

Dude if you are so hell-bent on this idea that I have no knowledge of sports...and all I do is go around taking shots at people...
I have an idea...
Why don't you start a thread...call me out...
Pose the question to all the members of the board...

'ya see...if you called out any of the guys on this board...and questioned their knowledge of sports.................and I knew better.....I would speak up...I would let you know real quick that you are full of it.
I suspect you will get the same results...

So go right ahead ...do it.
Let's see if 'ol Wide is all talk and no substance.
I mean ...who would know better than all the guys on the board?
Ask 'em...

GTown02
10-28-2005, 12:54 AM
I know what I would vote ;). Hook Em'!

FootballJunkie
10-28-2005, 01:03 AM
Gooooooooooooooooooo!!! ACC!!! :d

dragonfootballfan
10-28-2005, 09:43 AM
Gooooooooooooooooooo!!! ACC!!! :d
The ACC is terrible they keep getting exposed. I mean BC is terrible. They have one good player on defense and nobody else. FSU got beat by a bad Virginia team. It is Virginia Tech and then everyone else. I wonder if you supported the ACC before they raided the Big East and was just a showcase for FSU to get to a BCS game?

FootballJunkie
10-28-2005, 10:21 AM
The ACC is terrible they keep getting exposed. I mean BC is terrible. They have one good player on defense and nobody else. FSU got beat by a bad Virginia team. It is Virginia Tech and then everyone else. I wonder if you supported the ACC before they raided the Big East and was just a showcase for FSU to get to a BCS game?

IT is UT then everyone else. I am sure you can see that. The terrible ACC is 2-1 against the Big XII so if the ACC is terrible I guess the Big XII is worse than that!! FSU got to the Championship and won 2 which can not be said for UT now can it!! From the ACC. Perhaps you should check your history ACC taking teams from the BIG EAST one of which use to belong to the ACC anyway is no different than lets see The BIG 8 gobbling up the SOUTH WEST conference so get off it dude. :rolleyes:

dragonfootballfan
10-28-2005, 10:28 AM
IT is UT then everyone else. I am sure you can see that. The terrible ACC is 2-1 against the Big XII so if the ACC is terrible I guess the Big XII is worse than that!! FSU got to the Championship and won 2 which can not be said for UT now can it!! From the ACC. Perhaps you should check your history ACC taking teams from the BIG EAST one of which use to belong to the ACC anyway is no different than lets see The BIG 8 gobbling up the SOUTH WEST conference so get off it dude. :rolleyes:
Look the ACC was nothing more than FSU's get into the BCS free card for the past few years and now they are a solid conference. Were you a fan of the ACC then?

FootballJunkie
10-28-2005, 11:20 AM
Look the ACC was nothing more than FSU's get into the BCS free card for the past few years and now they are a solid conference. Were you a fan of the ACC then?

I have always been a fan of the ACC Classic basketball matchups and less you forget the ACC was winning national championships in football before FSU ie Ga Tech,Clemson so the addition of FSU only helped and just remember all those years FSU was "dominating" the rest of the conference still had a winning record against ALL the other major conferences and a winning bowl record. Something for you to think about. Addition of Vtech and MIAMI helps even more.

Hdshrinker
10-28-2005, 02:39 PM

And when you pin him down prime he runs to his cyber gang for help....that's why I ignored him long ago....no substance.

These forums should not be a place to just bash , criticize and shout down an opinion.....

Real, informed dialogue ought to take place.....

bowiedawgs01
10-28-2005, 03:03 PM
I agree. And I still haven't heard any informed dialogue from tobacco aggy.

HOOKEM
10-28-2005, 03:13 PM
pack4life......

IF and a BIG IF, Virginia Tech wins out....they "might" be able to
get close to Texas and/or USC in the "computer portion" of the BCS,
which counts ONLY 1/3 of the formula.

The other 2/3rds of the "formula" lean on the 2 human polls....the
Harris Interactive and the Coaches Poll....which Texas AND USC
barring playing terribly bad and or actually losing would have to lose
an incredible amount of ground within those two polls.

Frankly, the media and computers would LOVE to have something
interesting to talk about....just to keep interest.

It's really going to take one of the two (Texas or USC) losing in order
for either to be passed within the human polls by Virginia Tech or
anyone else....imho.

Exactly! Texas would have to fall to 4th or 5th in the puters to get jumped and that ain't happening. After what I saw lat night, I think Miami wins in Blacksburg. VT not as fast as I thought they were. BC is realllllllllllllllllllly slowwwwwwwww and reallyyyyyyyyy overateddddddd.

Hdshrinker
10-28-2005, 03:33 PM
I agree. And I still haven't heard any informed dialogue from tobacco aggy.

Why does everything have to be about the aggy? There are other fans on here. Why can't it be about football? or Baseball? Do we gotta put someone else down to make us bigger? Or can we just debate the merits of the team?

FootballJunkie
10-28-2005, 04:15 PM
Why does everything have to be about the aggy? There are other fans on here. Why can't it be about football? or Baseball? Do we gotta put someone else down to make us bigger? Or can we just debate the merits of the team?

If you don't root for UT on this board you are wrong. There is no other team in the country besides UT. At least that is what you will be told anyway!! :rolleyes:

Primetime536
10-29-2005, 12:07 AM
alright wide, keep talking about your knowledge, dont post in this thread unless its about football. Take you so called "knowledge" to another thread you clown

wide-e-wide
10-29-2005, 12:09 AM
Here's an idea...
There is a boat load of folks on here right now...
why don't you call me out in front of everybody...
see what the response is...
c'mon dawg...do it...I dare you to do it.

I take offense to your assumption that I have no knowledge of sports.
Not only would I bust your *** now...when I was 16 I would have really busted your ***.
See I was once 16 and ignorant too...I thought I knew everything...
turns out...I didn't know sh...

Primetime536
10-29-2005, 12:57 AM
Here's an idea...
There is a boat load of folks on here right now...
why don't you call me out in front of everybody...
see what the response is...
c'mon dawg...do it...I dare you to do it.

I take offense to your assumption that I have no knowledge of sports.
Not only would I bust your *** now...when I was 16 I would have really busted your ***.
See I was once 16 and ignorant too...I thought I knew everything...
turns out...I didn't know sh...
well, im not saying i know everything, im just saying stop talking trash about what i know, if your not going to give any input on the topic. this is a FOOTBALL site, get some game and talk FOOTBALL.

You think im scared to call you out? Give me a break.

Hdshrinker
10-29-2005, 10:12 AM
well, im not saying i know everything, im just saying stop talking trash about what i know, if your not going to give any input on the topic. this is a FOOTBALL site, get some game and talk FOOTBALL.

You think im scared to call you out? Give me a break.

This is an old wide trick prime...let it go....when he has no substance to talk about he talks trash, majors on minors, fancies himself an artist at obsufucation, when the trash is dumped back on his doorstep he tries to call in help by rallying the troops against some fabricated cause. I muted him for that purpose long ago. Just stay on football .

wide-e-wide
10-29-2005, 10:17 AM
obsufucation?

Aren't you the same guy that couldn't spell weasel until I taught him?
Wow...you are showing tremendous progress...