PDA

View Full Version : Gta4

WestPlano006
04-30-2008, 11:16 PM
Anyone get it? Comments? Looks cool, but I want to know if they added enough cool stuff to make it different than the others.

CKE
04-30-2008, 11:19 PM
Anyone get it? Comments? Looks cool, but I want to know if they added enough cool stuff to make it different than the others.

Playing it right now. Word of advice go to nearest video game store and buy it pronto. you wont regret it

tayb
04-30-2008, 11:23 PM

Definitely worth picking up. Far and away the best GTA game out of the entire franchise. The story is actually entertaining, the voice acting is brilliant, the dialog is hilarious, and the missions are fun and vary one after the other. I've heard some reports that the single player is 50-60 and after putting 5 hours in doing single player and only being at 8.7% completion I can believe it. If you don't care at all about playing multi-player the single player is definitely worth buying but multi-player adds another whole dimension. 16 player free roam, 12 vs 4 cops and robbers, death match, team death match, etc.

There is a reason this game is averaged 99.6 out of 100 from reviewers.

STJL41
05-01-2008, 01:49 PM
Definitely worth picking up. Far and away the best GTA game out of the entire franchise. The story is actually entertaining, the voice acting is brilliant, the dialog is hilarious, and the missions are fun and vary one after the other. I've heard some reports that the single player is 50-60 and after putting 5 hours in doing single player and only being at 8.7% completion I can believe it. If you don't care at all about playing multi-player the single player is definitely worth buying but multi-player adds another whole dimension. 16 player free roam, 12 vs 4 cops and robbers, death match, team death match, etc.

There is a reason this game is averaged 99.6 out of 100 from reviewers.

Wait so the multi player version has to be purchased seperatly from the single player version? I was under the impression both came on the same disc.

hunterbunter
05-01-2008, 01:53 PM
as long as you can still get the chainsaw im good

CKE
05-01-2008, 02:20 PM
Wait so the multi player version has to be purchased seperatly from the single player version? I was under the impression both came on the same disc.

No its the same disc

STJL41
05-01-2008, 02:25 PM
No its the same disc

ok cool...something about the way HookEm worded it made me think they were seperate.

tayb
05-01-2008, 02:43 PM
ok cool...something about the way HookEm worded it made me think they were seperate.

Yeah it was worded poorly. I was just trying to say that the single player is so good that if you never planned on playing multi-player at all it would still be worth the $60 just for the regular single player.

TXFOOSBALL
05-01-2008, 02:50 PM
You all got me pumped to play this game so I went to gamestop to purchase it but.....it was all sold out:(

tayb
05-01-2008, 02:55 PM
You all got me pumped to play this game so I went to gamestop to purchase it but.....it was all sold out:(

Yeah. It sold some 609,000 units yesterday alone. I bought mine at Walmart and they had stacks upon stacks of them so I might try there if you are still looking.

TXFOOSBALL
05-01-2008, 02:56 PM
Yeah. It sold some 609,000 units yesterday alone. I bought mine at Walmart and they had stacks upon stacks of them so I might try there if you are still looking.

OK thanks, I might leave the house once more....I will try walmart and target.

t-long20
05-01-2008, 04:02 PM
IGN rated this game a 10/10 it was the first time in ten years that they did that. I must get this game

twcpfan1
05-01-2008, 06:21 PM
never seen any of the versions and i'm not really a gamer. just curious. how do you win or lose in this game. seen the ads and can't really imagine how you keep score. what is the object of the game?

slorch
05-01-2008, 06:42 PM
I just saw a commercial for this game and made me want to steal a car and run over a cop...:rolleyes:

i say it's good entertainment. Have fun.

I don't think I'm going to buy it for my house, but i understand why everyone likes it so much.

In the early 90's when the new madden would come out or the NCAA football, I almost felt like it was my birthday!:D

TXFOOSBALL
05-01-2008, 06:57 PM

I found a copy at wal-mart....they had a ton of them

jakerz
05-01-2008, 07:02 PM
never seen any of the versions and i'm not really a gamer. just curious. how do you win or lose in this game. seen the ads and can't really imagine how you keep score. what is the object of the game?

You actually "become" the main character in the game. You play in a massive cyber world that allows you to do pretty much anything. It's always operating 24/7 just like a real city is too. You're given missions which you must complete (theres hundreds) to finish the game, but you can also just mess around the entire time. There isn't any losing unless you fail a mission

rocketgrl94
05-01-2008, 09:31 PM
You actually "become" the main character in the game. You play in a massive cyber world that allows you to do pretty much anything. It's always operating 24/7 just like a real city is too. You're given missions which you must complete (theres hundreds) to finish the game, but you can also just mess around the entire time. There isn't any losing unless you fail a mission

damn, i havent even finished the first or second one:(
and didnt get the 3rd one:cry
im way behind!!

Slim-Rob
05-01-2008, 10:37 PM
i'm prolly gonna buy my ps3 and GTA4 tomorrow.

CKE
05-02-2008, 01:37 AM
i'm prolly gonna buy my ps3 and GTA4 tomorrow.

:puke

waste off money right there

Hoodleboy80
05-02-2008, 03:55 AM

Really? Everything I have heard has pointed towards the PS3 being better, esp for this game. And this is all with my brother owning a 360.

BlitzKrieg
05-02-2008, 04:59 AM

your nuts....i have one and i don't regret it at all, lots of good games coming out this year for it. Beats getting the Red Ring of Death :p

CKE
05-02-2008, 11:49 AM
Really? Everything I have heard has pointed towards the PS3 being better, esp for this game. And this is all with my brother owning a 360.

If you enjoy single player games only then the ps3 is the way to go multiplayer on the other hand is a way different story I have owned both and I could not stand the lag in call of duty 4 on ps3 i can only imagine how it is in gta4 :puke....im just the type of person that if I buy a game i want to get the most out of it...after i beat a single player im going to want to play online and with the :Censor: server PS3 has I was not able to do that. Sold it within a month and played cod4 about a week ago on Ps3 and they have done nothing to fix it....another thing to think of is new content for games comes out way sooner on xbox live cod4 maps came out 3 weeks before on x box than thy did on ps3

BlitzKrieg
05-02-2008, 04:07 PM
If you enjoy single player games only then the ps3 is the way to go multiplayer on the other hand is a way different story I have owned both and I could not stand the lag in call of duty 4 on ps3 i can only imagine how it is in gta4 :puke....im just the type of person that if I buy a game i want to get the most out of it...after i beat a single player im going to want to play online and with the :Censor: server PS3 has I was not able to do that. Sold it within a month and played cod4 about a week ago on Ps3 and they have done nothing to fix it....another thing to think of is new content for games comes out way sooner on xbox live cod4 maps came out 3 weeks before on x box than thy did on ps3
Dont listen to this guy...hes what you call a "fanboy".

fanboy
1. A person who is completely loyal to a game or company reguardless of if they suck or not.
i played call of duty for months and only experienced problems once......and its the the "call of duty server" not the ps3 server and the whole content thing is a call of duty thing....not true with all games.

CKE
05-02-2008, 04:57 PM
Dont listen to this guy...hes what you call a "fanboy".

i played call of duty for months and only experienced problems once......and its the the "call of duty server" not the ps3 server and the whole content thing is a call of duty thing....not true with all games.

fanboy :rolleyes: If I was a fan boy I would have never even bought the PS3. like I said I owned both and got rid of the ps3 within a month worst 600 dollers I ever spent and only got 500 back

BlitzKrieg
05-02-2008, 05:50 PM
fanboy :rolleyes: If I was a fan boy I would have never even bought the PS3. like I said I owned both and got rid of the ps3 within a month worst 600 dollers I ever spent and only got 500 back
lol, i understand...you were just showing the symptoms of a xbox fanboy.

you picked a bad time to get rid of your ps3, lots of good games will be coming out this year. xbox definitely had the advantage in years prior but no longer, :D

CKE
05-02-2008, 06:22 PM
lol, i understand...you were just showing the symptoms of a xbox fanboy.

you picked a bad time to get rid of your ps3, lots of good games will be coming out this year. xbox definitely had the advantage in years prior but no longer, :D

The line up of games does look good and I do wish xbox would come out with external blu-ray like I said for single player games PS3 is better just because of the better graphics alone

BlitzKrieg
05-03-2008, 12:00 AM
The line up of games does look good and I do wish xbox would come out with external blu-ray like I said for single player games PS3 is better just because of the better graphics alone

thats only xbox's problem (other than the RRod) but that is not really xbox's fault that the hd dvd lost the battle between Blu ray and hd dvd...

t-long20
05-03-2008, 12:09 AM
thats only xbox's problem (other than the RRod) but that is not really xbox's fault that the hd dvd lost the battle between Blu ray and hd dvd...

HD DVD lost horribly against Blu-Ray. It actually takes a while to say they should've named it something else.

stevefoxsc
05-03-2008, 01:18 AM
thank god for boot legged pc's :)

Slim-Rob
05-03-2008, 01:20 AM
got the ps3 and gta4. haven't hooked it up to the internet yet cuz i'm too lazy but it's fun so far.

BTW i've played Socom online since Socom first came out, so im not bothered by lag or anything of that nature. suck it up and get a better internet connection ;)

Hoodleboy80
05-03-2008, 01:31 AM
got the ps3 and gta4. haven't hooked it up to the internet yet cuz i'm too lazy but it's fun so far.

BTW i've played Socom online since Socom first came out, so im not bothered by lag or anything of that nature. suck it up and get a better internet connection ;)

Original Socom is where it is at. What was the level on the rig out in the ocean or whatever? That one was the best. Seals had such an advantage.

Slim-Rob
05-03-2008, 02:41 AM
Original Socom is where it is at. What was the level on the rig out in the ocean or whatever? That one was the best. Seals had such an advantage.

Frostfire

my fav was Desert Glory tho

Hoodleboy80
05-03-2008, 03:10 AM
Frostfire

my fav was Desert Glory tho

Which level is that? It has been a while since I've played, lots of fun though. We moved to Boston the summer before my sophomore year, and besides football, I had nothing else to do. Me and my brother used to play that game for hours and hours on end online.

Slim-Rob
05-03-2008, 10:58 PM
Which level is that? It has been a while since I've played, lots of fun though. We moved to Boston the summer before my sophomore year, and besides football, I had nothing else to do. Me and my brother used to play that game for hours and hours on end online.

desert glory is the one with the hostages in the building and the seals have to go get them and bring them back to the truck. there is a big 3 story building in the middle and a garage and some destroyed buildings on the right

tayb
05-04-2008, 12:47 AM

The Xbox 360 has EXCLUSIVE rights to future downloadable content and expansions to GTA IV. I can see arguments for a PS3 but if you are buying a console just to play GTA IV you are making a mistake not getting it on the 360. I bought a 360 because I like the game lineup WAY more than the PS3 lineup. I bought my PS3 so I could play BD movies and haven't purchased a single game for it, yet.

CKE
05-04-2008, 11:05 AM
The Xbox 360 has EXCLUSIVE rights to future downloadable content and expansions to GTA IV. I can see arguments for a PS3 but if you are buying a console just to play GTA IV you are making a mistake not getting it on the 360. I bought a 360 because I like the game lineup WAY more than the PS3 lineup. I bought my PS3 so I could play BD movies and haven't purchased a single game for it, yet.

Smart man

Slim-Rob
05-04-2008, 11:12 AM
i didn't buy it just for GTA4. I bought it because of the other lineup of games too, but what finally convinced me to get it was gta4

btw, i'm on my PS3 right now posting on here. And it's faster than my computer :[

CKE
05-04-2008, 01:47 PM
i didn't buy it just for GTA4. I bought it because of the other lineup of games too, but what finally convinced me to get it was gta4

btw, i'm on my PS3 right now posting on here. And it's faster than my computer :[

What games are you looking forward to

WestPlano006
05-04-2008, 02:24 PM
This is great, I finished all of my final papers and exams before finals week even began, and now I've been sitting in my room playing GTA 4 all day since I bought it on Thursday while everyone else is studying! Already at 46%, so far it's really good.

mad_fan
05-04-2008, 02:36 PM
I haven't played a video game since Atari and Commodore 64...:eek:
I've thought about getting one...
Do any of these have games for old beginners???

CKE
05-04-2008, 02:40 PM
I haven't played a video game since Atari and Commodore 64...:eek:
I've thought about getting one...
Do any of these have games for old beginners???

You can play almost any game from your generation of gameing with the online capabilities of xbox and im sure would like the sports games as well if you learned to play them

mad_fan
05-04-2008, 02:43 PM
You can play almost any game from your generation of gameing with the online capabilities of xbox and im sure would like the sports games as well if you learned to play them

Cool...
But will I be raping women and running kids over with my wagon...if I play Oregon Trail 2008??? Or just killing Indians???:eek:

AE 8008
05-04-2008, 02:49 PM
its awesome - a must get

Slim-Rob
05-04-2008, 10:04 PM
Cool...
But will I be raping women and running kids over with my wagon...if I play Oregon Trail 2008??? Or just killing Indians???:eek:

u don't **** women or run over kids in gta4...u run over everyone else and there are hookers. gotta know where to find them tho. i haven't had any jump in my car yet so it's easy not to pick them up

Slim-Rob
05-04-2008, 10:07 PM
What games are you looking forward to

Grand Turismo 5
Medal of Honor (idk which one?)
Call of Duty 4: Modern warfare
Need for Speed: Pro Street
Socom:Confrontation (if that remains the name or not. i can't wait til the first ps3 socom comes out! gotta wait til september tho :[