PDA

View Full Version : Klein Collins new Coach

katfighter
04-21-2008, 03:31 PM
Have heard that the 2 assistants at Klein Collins have been told they will not be considered for the Head coaching decision.

This will be the 3rd head coach in 4 years for the seniors next year and probably the 3rd system.

Only rumors still but heard it was between a coach out of Dallas and an ex-assistant at KC.

Not good anyway you look at it.

Stands junky
04-21-2008, 03:41 PM
Have heard that the 2 assistants at Klein Collins have been told they will not be considered for the Head coaching decision.

This will be the 3rd head coach in 4 years for the seniors next year and probably the 3rd system.

Only rumors still but heard it was between a coach out of Dallas and an ex-assistant at KC.

Not good anyway you look at it.
yea sadly:cry that program needs a coach that not only will stay but get the school some wins... lets just hope the 3rd time is the charm..:)

Magellan
04-23-2008, 02:46 PM
yea sadly:cry that program needs a coach that not only will stay but get the school some wins... lets just hope the 3rd time is the charm..:)

Wins and losses are secondary right now to just getting some consistency.

rodjohns
04-23-2008, 04:49 PM
Is KC going to have a Spring game? Or are they going to defer and start early this fall?

katfighter
04-25-2008, 04:29 PM
Kids were told it was Drew Svoboda who was Asst at KC 3 years ago. Very young, has been at Oak Ridge for past 3 years. Hope he forgets the Feldman offense. He doesn't have a Yancy,Goodson, Jones, or Cam Luke like the only year that Offense worked.

Stands junky
04-26-2008, 09:34 PM
Wins and losses are secondary right now to just getting some consistency.

yea your right there but wins build respect for the team and for themselves.

katfighter
04-27-2008, 10:03 AM
No spring game. Got email from Booster Club president saying they would introduce him at meeting Monday. Next years seniors group was 15-3 as freshman and most are still there, incoming juniors fit nicely. 16 returning starters.

If he moves Malcolm Johnson back to offense this team changes its character. 6'2" 210 with sprinters speed.

Does anyone know what offense Svoboda likes? I know he runs Ace but I hope he is more dynamic than Feldman. There is not Ace size lineman at KC.

Jayhawker
04-28-2008, 01:16 PM
I hope he does not bring the Oak Ridge O-scheme with him:eek:

rodjohns
04-28-2008, 05:06 PM
I hope he does not bring the Oak Ridge O-scheme with him:eek:

I do...:D

katfighter
04-29-2008, 05:17 PM
Actually, Patrick would do real well in that offense. He has the Roy Yancy style.

rodjohns
04-30-2008, 09:35 AM
Actually, Patrick would do real well in that offense. He has the Roy Yancy style.

I am assuming you mean PJ...we gave some thought to Collins and Oak last year but stayed at Klein because we saw great opportunity there. I hope Collins turns things around. Has the new Coach officially started?

katfighter
04-30-2008, 11:19 AM
Yes, but no spring training. There will be some coaching turnover in June so he elected to get started a week early in August and maybe have a second scrimmage.

Like it.