PDA

View Full Version : South Garland hires coach.

owlfan 1
03-26-2008, 11:23 AM
The Garland News is reporting that Keith Wright, formerly of Farmersville, has been hired to be the new Head Football Coach at South Garland.

The article reported that Moseley, Quisenberry, McCoy and Meadows all were interviewed.

Wright won a 2A state title last year at Farmersville.

sgfantoo
03-26-2008, 11:31 AM
The Garland News is reporting that Keith Wright, formerly of Farmersville, has been hired to be the new Head Football Coach at South Garland.

The article reported that Moseley, Quisenberry, McCoy and Meadows all were interviewed.

Wright won a 2A state title last year at Farmersville.

Coach Wright, welcome to SG. It is great to be a Colonel. Can't wait till he gets to campus!

Ready to make it "6 in a Row!"

Redhoss
03-26-2008, 02:43 PM
I wish him well.

I remember past situations where a coach jumped 2 or 3 levels like this and fell flat on his face. There are exceptions.

owlfan 1
03-26-2008, 03:16 PM
here in the gisd, kiff hardin jumped from 3A gatesville to rowlett - the eagles were pretty mediocre at the time, and hardin has turned them into an annual playoff contender. wright inherits a very good team - there will be some adjustment, but i think in the long run this will be a good move...

GoOwls
03-30-2008, 07:33 PM
With the exception of sgfantoo, the absence of comments and the resulting silence about the SG hire from SG fans is virtually deafening.....

come on guys....gotta have an opinion.....

sgfantoo
03-30-2008, 10:47 PM
With the exception of sgfantoo, the absence of comments and the resulting silence about the SG hire from SG fans is virtually deafening.....

come on guys....gotta have an opinion.....

I think we are waiting to meet the fellow. He shows up on Tuesday. Let's rock and roll.

GoOwls
03-30-2008, 11:27 PM
I think we are waiting to meet the fellow. He shows up on Tuesday. Let's rock and roll.

Let us know what he's like and if he lets any cats out of the bag as to what kind of offense he will run....we're just as curious as you guys are about it. ;)

I mean....it's my tax dollars paying for him too.....I want good coaches for all the teams in Garland.....just not TOO good, for you guys anyway......

Old Colonel
04-11-2008, 02:24 PM
He has been on the job a little over a week now. Change is coming!!!! I hear more running of the ball! May not be a bad thing, big O-Line all over 260, 2 decent backs used a lot in pass game last season (Galliard & Thomas)

Seems to be some problem getting his staff on board! This is a concern for Spring!

Wait and see.