PDA

View Full Version : Student Drivers=Morons

dragons08
10-22-2005, 10:48 PM
i hung out with a couple friends all day, and my friend was taking me to my house so i can change and get some money cause we were going to get some food, and this car is in front of us at the light, and its a convertible, and they start yelling stuff like hey whats up yada yada yada, the people that were yelling this were 2 girls, that i guess knew who we were? they said hey you go to our school as well, and they were hotttttt!! but i think it was a guy? driving, its a red light, he all of a sudden, just goes and gives us the finger, kid=moron, the point of this is, a lot of 16 year olds are not mature enough to get their license, this one girls motto is "no cop no stop", there are A LOT of idioits out there, be safe!

lonny23
10-23-2005, 01:12 AM
i hung out with a couple friends all day, and my friend was taking me to my house so i can change and get some money cause we were going to get some food, and this car is in front of us at the light, and its a convertible, and they start yelling stuff like hey whats up yada yada yada, the people that were yelling this were 2 girls, that i guess knew who we were? they said hey you go to our school as well, and they were hotttttt!! but i think it was a guy? driving, its a red light, he all of a sudden, just goes and gives us the finger, kid=moron, the point of this is, a lot of 16 year olds are not mature enough to get their license, this one girls motto is "no cop no stop", there are A LOT of idioits out there, be safe!
That's what scares me. I used to be a very aggressive driver and speed a lot, but I've always been all-pro driving. A lot of people drive fast and don't know how to handle their speed or what to do if they get into a close call.

dragons08
10-23-2005, 02:22 PM
That's what scares me. I used to be a very aggressive driver and speed a lot, but I've always been all-pro driving. A lot of people drive fast and don't know how to handle their speed or what to do if they get into a close call.
yep, i kick butt at racing games, when we go gokart racing or what ever its called, i kick butt in that, my dad races dirty!! i picked up a few of his tricks though, hehe, i think id beat him now, havent gone in a while...you know those raceing games at like gameworks, or main event, or what ever i kick butt at those!!!

Reaganrattler07
10-23-2005, 06:52 PM
Two Rattlers got injured going to school in a brand new sports car which was a gift....I haven't heard anything on them but they were taken to the hospital....

dragons08
10-23-2005, 06:54 PM
Two Rattlers got injured going to school in a brand new sports car which was a gift....I haven't heard anything on them but they were taken to the hospital....
ouch, i heard this story, about these kids just got a BMW Z3, crashed it no more than 10 min after their parents gave it to them, not sure if it was in southlake or not, it was my friend's mom's, friend's son or daughter cant remember

cougardude
10-23-2005, 11:40 PM

For that matter, there are 18 year olds who don't deserve to have a license. Too many young people seem to think they are invincible when they are driving. :rolleyes:

GTown02
10-24-2005, 12:17 AM
For that matter, there are 18 year olds who don't deserve to have a license. Too many young people seem to think they are invincible when they are driving. :rolleyes:
Ive been driving since I was almost 18, roughly for 2 years, and yet to have an accident or get a ticket for that matter... *knocks on wood ;)*

Favpack
10-24-2005, 07:51 AM
Giving your 16 year old a $40,000+ sports car when they get their license makes no sense. Money or credit can't make up for stupidity.

lonny23
10-24-2005, 09:03 AM
ouch, i heard this story, about these kids just got a BMW Z3, crashed it no more than 10 min after their parents gave it to them, not sure if it was in southlake or not, it was my friend's mom's, friend's son or daughter cant remember
I like BMW's. That's a shame.

lonny23
10-24-2005, 09:04 AM
Giving your 16 year old a $40,000+ sports car when they get their license makes no sense. Money or credit can't make up for stupidity.
It sure is a risk to give them something like that!

Reaganrattler07
10-24-2005, 10:03 AM

Not so much giving them the car...but making sure they know how to operate it. Now, I don't agree with that being their first car though....i'd let them drive something like an suv for a while before giving them the sports car....

stevefoxsc
10-24-2005, 03:39 PM
try driving a motor cycle alot of kids have no respect for you just cause ur a small vehicle but man no 500k cant compete with a good old bike in pure raw speed.

dragonfootballfan
10-24-2005, 04:05 PM
I never had to navigate high school parking lot traffic, because I always came really early and left late. I went back a few weeks ago and had to navigate the parking lot right when school got out and I almost got hit three times and that was while I was parked. Do not go to a high school parking lot unless you absolutely have to.

Favpack
10-24-2005, 04:16 PM
I never had to navigate high school parking lot traffic, because I always came really early and left late. I went back a few weeks ago and had to navigate the parking lot right when school got out and I almost got hit three times and that was while I was parked. Do not go to a high school parking lot unless you absolutely have to.
Amen! That's universal in any hs in Texas - stay away!

Reaganrattler07
10-24-2005, 06:43 PM

Especially at Reagan - all inlets automatically become outlets and there's no way in. And whenever there is an event at school, people end up not being able to get inside the parking lot because of the mass exodus.

dragons08
10-24-2005, 06:49 PM
I never had to navigate high school parking lot traffic, because I always came really early and left late. I went back a few weeks ago and had to navigate the parking lot right when school got out and I almost got hit three times and that was while I was parked. Do not go to a high school parking lot unless you absolutely have to. if my mom needs to pick me up from school when it gets out, she waits like 10-15 min to school gets out to even come pick me up, my friend is the same way, when she drives me home, we dont leave till 20 min after school got out, traffic is horrible!

CLFalcon2006
10-24-2005, 07:04 PM
Actually I was about to start this post saying that my friends are good drivers, then i remebered that nearlyt all of them have been involved in an accident. Many of my friends drive way to reckless and I know one guy who flipped a LAND ROVER (the dealership marketed it as the unflippable car, they had to change their slogan) then his parents go out and buy him a new BMW. He wrecked it going about 90 in a 35. He got it fixed and he did well for about 7 months. Then he got his girlfriend a matching BMW and 3 months after that purchase she slammed into the back of him. His parents might get him a truck or fix the nealry totaled car, their unsure...

PS not everyone in Clear Lake is like my sterotypical friend

Reaganrattler07
10-24-2005, 07:13 PM
Actually I was about to start this post saying that my friends are good drivers, then i remebered that nearlyt all of them have been involved in an accident. Many of my friends drive way to reckless and I know one guy who flipped a LAND ROVER (the dealership marketed it as the unflippable car, they had to change their slogan) then his parents go out and buy him a new BMW. He wrecked it going about 90 in a 35. He got it fixed and he did well for about 7 months. Then he got his girlfriend a matching BMW and 3 months after that purchase she slammed into the back of him. His parents might get him a truck or fix the nealry totaled car, their unsure...

Yeah, my sister had a Land Rover....didn't have a bad wreck but did hit the back of someone...only damage was we lost our licnese plate of all things.

My parents are really trusting me with this car they're about to let me drive...but they know I'm a good driver and I rarely speed....I can't wait for it.

dragons08
10-24-2005, 08:07 PM
i cannot wait to turn 16!!

Redneckn
10-24-2005, 11:25 PM
I generally am a fast aggressive driver. But I am pretty cautious with it.. I am scared to death of causing a wreck and somebody being dead and it being my fault..

That said though, I usually make a habit of driving at least 15mph over the limit. I got this little Cougar so I can whip in and out of traffic. There is a skill to it..
I've noticed since being here in Austin most of the people drive fast and stupid. They dont pay a whole lot of attention to whats going on around them. I mainly just try to drive fast enough to stay away from other cars. I have a really bad case of road rage so it's best to stay away from the other drivers.. I get out and talk crap at people for doing stupid things and throw stuff outta the car ect...

But I did well driving in Phoenix a few years back.. No road rage at all.. Cant figure that one.

LoneRocket
10-25-2005, 10:03 AM
--

dragons08
10-25-2005, 10:02 PM
I remember when students use to act like they were going to turn into you and at the last second they would pull away.
i have never seen that happen before, was it nascar?

Redneckn
10-25-2005, 11:03 PM
i have never seen that happen before, was it nascar?

I don't care who you are, that was funnny...

I hate nascar with a bloddy passion...

dragons08
10-25-2005, 11:05 PM
I don't care who you are, that was funnny...

I hate nascar with a bloddy passion...
wait what i said was funny??

dragonfootballfan
10-25-2005, 11:20 PM

I think that subliminally some kids wreck their cars knowing that their parents are just going to buy them a new one. If they don't like their car, it gets in a reck and then they somehow get the brand new car that they wanted, not the one that their picked out for them. I will tell you what their parents need to do is buy that girl a nice brand new pair of running shoes. I think that is what would have happened to me if I wrecked my car, only I wouldn't get a pair of shoes I would be told to go buy a pair of shoes.

mad_fan
10-25-2005, 11:23 PM
I think that subliminally some kids wreck their cars knowing that their parents are just going to buy them a new one. If they don't like their car, it gets in a reck and then they somehow get the brand new car that they wanted, not the one that their picked out for them. I will tell you what their parents need to do is buy that girl a nice brand new pair of running shoes. I think that is what would have happened to me if I wrecked my car, only I wouldn't get a pair of shoes I would be told to go buy a pair of shoes.

Maybe in Southlake, but... :D

dragons08
10-26-2005, 03:36 PM
i dont know if that is that true, most people are afraid to get in recks, injury, grounding, buying new car etc