PDA

View Full Version : Tech suffers first loss this season with 52-17 pounding

FootballJunkie
10-22-2005, 07:17 PM
Did those 1AA games prepare Tech for this game? Was the performance against Nebraska a sign?? Either way UT has a good team and played a heck of a game hats off to them.

lonny23
10-22-2005, 08:38 PM
Did those 1AA games prepare Tech for this game? Was the performance against Nebraska a sign?? Either way UT has a good team and played a heck of a game hats off to them.
The first 3 games had no bearing on this game at all.

The Nebraska game wasn't too much of a sign. They played a lot better last week.

UT is just better than Tech. They have more speed and talent and didn't make as many mistakes as Tech. Tech had to win the mistale game to beat a more talented opponent.

I have to give Mack credit because he has a powerhouse. It was the first time I've seen Tech this year and I haven't paid very much attention to UT.

Texasfrog
10-22-2005, 11:55 PM
The first 3 games had no bearing on this game at all.

The Nebraska game wasn't too much of a sign. They played a lot better last week.

UT is just better than Tech. They have more speed and talent and didn't make as many mistakes as Tech. Tech had to win the mistale game to beat a more talented opponent.

I have to give Mack credit because he has a powerhouse. It was the first time I've seen Tech this year and I haven't paid very much attention to UT.

It's a done deal for Texas in the National title game. The only thing that will keep them out is if they completely fall apart and play like crap in a few games or lose one. I dont see either happening this season. This is the best Texas team that I've ever seen. They have skill, speed and talent all working as "ONE" on this team.

DC-Chizik was the best pickup during the offseason. I love the attack syle aggresive defense that he's put in place. :D

Texasfrog
10-22-2005, 11:59 PM

Tx Tech would still be one of the top #3 teams in the ACC and they'll stay around #15th unless they slip up again.

Texas is just "that good" this season.

I like what Corso said......" I've seen USC, Texas and Va Tech this season, Texas is the #1." :D

Reaganrattler07
10-23-2005, 12:01 AM
I like what Corso said......" I've seen USC, Texas and Va Tech this season, Texas is the #1." :D

That's pretty sad if you start getting quotes from Lee Corso.....

bowiedawgs01
10-23-2005, 12:05 AM
28-9

that's sad.

wide-e-wide
10-23-2005, 12:07 AM
Corso also picked Indiana to beat Ohio St....
Proving once again...Corso is smoking the pipe...

At any rate...UT is clearly the best team in the nation...clearly.

LoneRocket
10-23-2005, 12:35 AM
--

pack0808
10-23-2005, 12:39 AM
Corso also picked Indiana to beat Ohio St....
Proving once again...Corso is smoking the pipe...

At any rate...UT is clearly the best team in the nation...clearly.

That should make you respect the Big 10 because both of us know that Ohio St. was one dropped pass from winning that game. Watch what the Big 10 does in the bowl's this year like they always do. They usually go 5-2 or 6-1 vs the other major conferences each year. Just watch!! They will not have a team win the NC but watch what they do vs the top teams from other conferences in the bowl games.

pack0808
10-23-2005, 12:40 AM
I hope the media does not lose interest in the Horns because I do not think they will be on national TV until the A&M game. Man Norte Dame has it good with that national TV contract.

Michigan st beat Notre dame and Michigan beat Mich st and Northwestern destroyed them today on their own homefield. ND was one play away from beating USC!! :eek:

LoneRocket
10-23-2005, 12:44 AM
--

wide-e-wide
10-23-2005, 12:49 AM
Yeah...we have another Reggie...
But Guy Morriss' ******* won't let him play....
He is at Baylor...Terrance Parks...

And who cares which conference has the most bowl wins....?
I don't....
As long as UT wins the Rose Bowl ...I wouldn't give damn if the Big XII
went 0 for 6....who cares?

lonny23
10-23-2005, 01:22 AM
Yeah...we have another Reggie...
But Guy Morriss' ******* won't let him play....
He is at Baylor...Terrance Parks...

And who cares which conference has the most bowl wins....?
I don't....
As long as UT wins the Rose Bowl ...I wouldn't give damn if the Big XII
went 0 for 6....who cares?
You're a Texan. Don't tell me you would root for Purdue over Baylor or Tennessee over Tech. Crap, even a Longhorn should want A&M over Northwestern! Support the home team and root for TX to beat down all the other guys!

wide-e-wide
10-23-2005, 02:22 AM
You're a Texan. Don't tell me you would root for Purdue over Baylor or Tennessee over Tech. Crap, even a Longhorn should want A&M over Northwestern! Support the home team and root for TX to beat down all the other guys!

Actually.................no
If Texas wins....I could care less.

lonny23
10-23-2005, 06:34 AM
Actually.................no
If Texas wins....I could care less.
Traitor! :D

FootballJunkie
10-23-2005, 01:40 PM
Tx Tech would still be one of the top #3 teams in the ACC and they'll stay around #15th unless they slip up again.

Texas is just "that good" this season.

Texas Tech would be #3 in the Big East maybe but not the ACC but thats another thread so I won't go there with you!!! So glad this game was on National TV for the WHOLE country to see :D

Texasfrog
10-23-2005, 07:37 PM
Lee Corso says... " Texas is #1." hahaha. :D

GTown02
10-23-2005, 07:41 PM
Texas Tech would be #3 in the Big East maybe but not the ACC but thats another thread so I won't go there with you!!! So glad this game was on National TV for the WHOLE country to see :D
What kind of argument was that? EVERYONE in the country just saw Texas dominate the top offense in the country....

Texasfrog
10-23-2005, 07:42 PM

Florida St would be about #3rd in the Mountain West. Right behind TCU & New Mexico.

I cant wait to hear your excuses when Florida St gets tagged a couple of more times (which is going to happen) after they play some real teams and not weak links like Wake Forest and Duke.

Florida St will probably be out of the top #25. I'll be here to tell you about it and how weak and overrated the ACC is.

PS. Texas vs USC in the Rose Bowl. Damn its nice. :D

FootballJunkie
10-23-2005, 08:04 PM
Florida St would be about #3rd in the Mountain West. Right behind TCU & New Mexico.

I cant wait to hear your excuses when Florida St gets tagged a couple of more times (which is going to happen) after they play some real teams and not weak links like Wake Forest and Duke.

Florida St will probably be out of the top #25. I'll be here to tell you about it and how weak and overrated the ACC is.

PS. Texas vs USC in the Rose Bowl. Damn its nice. :D

What excuse will you make for Texas Tech or Nebraska getting beat down on

Saturday??? Is this the same Nebraska team that YOU said should be

ranked?? Is this the same TT team that played 3 1-AA teams inflating their

record and pretending to be a TOP 10 team?? UT vs USC in the Rose Bowl

is fine both are good teams but if you think the Big XII as a whole is better

than the ACC THIS year you are WRONG. Still Big 1 + 11 other so so teams

Texasfrog
10-23-2005, 09:43 PM
What excuse will you make for Texas Tech or Nebraska getting beat down on

Saturday??? Is this the same Nebraska team that YOU said should be

ranked?? Is this the same TT team that played 3 1-AA teams inflating their

record and pretending to be a TOP 10 team?? UT vs USC in the Rose Bowl

is fine both are good teams but if you think the Big XII as a whole is better

than the ACC THIS year you are WRONG. Still Big 1 + 11 other so so teams

Hey.. did Florida St really lose to a weak Virginia team ??? hahahaha ACC sucks. Voters know it.. that's why Texas gained more 1st place votes. hahaha.

FootballJunkie
10-23-2005, 09:54 PM
Hey.. did Florida St really lose to a weak Virginia team ??? hahahaha ACC sucks. Voters know it.. that's why Texas gained more 1st place votes. hahaha.

Yea you are right voters know that's why the BigXII has the second fewest ranked teams of all BCS conferences. Next to last of ALL the BCS conference. Just above the BIG EAST!!! So yea the voters DO know.

1 USC (53) 7-0 1,540 1
2 Texas (8) 7-0 1,493 2
3 Virginia Tech (3) 7-0 1,428 3
4 Georgia 7-0 1,357 4
5 Alabama 7-0 1,277 5
6 Miami (FL) 5-1 1,226 6
7 LSU 5-1 1,164 7
8 UCLA 7-0 1,136 9
9 Florida State 6-1 1,003 10
10 Notre Dame 5-2 934 12
11 Boston College 6-1 870 11
12 Penn State 7-1 835 14
13 Ohio State 5-2 803 13
14 Oregon 7-1 712 16
15 Wisconsin 7-1 677 17

Did Nebraska lose to that powerhouse that is Missouri??

Reaganrattler07
10-23-2005, 10:18 PM
Virginia had a big fluke against Florida State. That was probably FLorida State's trap game.

ThEgReAtOnE
10-23-2005, 10:19 PM
Sorry.....Tech looked horrific Saturday!

HOOKEM
10-23-2005, 10:48 PM
Sorry.....Tech looked horrific Saturday!

great teams will do that to good teams