PDA

View Full Version : 5TH WARD - What cha know bout it?

Rerun
10-21-2005, 09:25 PM
tell me what you know about 5th ward all my houston kinfolk.

wide-e-wide
10-21-2005, 10:18 PM
One of the most crime infested,filthiest, non-desirable places that I have ever had the displeasure of going to. My ex-wife lived there back in the day...and I had to pick my kids up in that cesspool they call a community. It ain't nothin' to brag about I promise you.

And I have been in a lot of bad neighborhoods and cities....Newport News,VA.
Brooklyn,NY,Watts,CA, East Oakland,Trenton,NJ,Camden,NJ, Washington DC. ....5th Ward is at the top of the (bleep)-hole list.

Reaganrattler07
10-21-2005, 10:23 PM
One of the most crime infested,filthiest, non-desirable places that I have ever had the displeasure of going to. My ex-wife lived there back in the day...and I had to pick my kids up in that cesspool they call a community. It ain't nothin' to brag about I promise you.

Brooklyn,NY,Watts,CA, East Oakland,Trenton,NJ,Camden,NJ, Washington DC. ....5th Ward is at the top of the (bleep)-hole list.

Parts of Washington are nice.....

wide-e-wide
10-21-2005, 10:26 PM
Oh I know...
I had a really good friend in the Navy that was from Indian Head, Md
and we used to go up to DC all the time. There are some really nice areas...but there are some nasty slums too.

Reaganrattler07
10-21-2005, 11:08 PM
Oh I know...
I had a really good friend in the Navy that was from Indian Head, Md
and we used to go up to DC all the time. There are some really nice areas...but there are some nasty slums too.

Yeah, it's a mix of beautiful and slums.....I enjoyed my time there....weren't very nice circumstances but I enjoyed it when I was there.....

Cujo
10-21-2005, 11:38 PM
tell me what you know about 5th ward all my houston kinfolk.
All I know is, my dad used to be an EMT for the fire department in Houston before he became a firefighter, and I've heard him talk about being shot at when he would go pick up someone in his ambulance.

I wouldn't be too sad to see some levee break and have that place be flooded out like New Orleans. It's just too bad that it isn't the houses and the trees that make that place such a hellhole, and so the "problem" would just scatter to East Texas shelters. oh well

dragons08
10-21-2005, 11:56 PM
i dont think it could be as bad as the projects in chicago...ive never personally been there (obvioulsy b/c im still alive), but from what ive heard its some rough stuff

GoOwls
10-22-2005, 05:31 AM
Parts of Washington are nice.....

Any place that votes 90% or more Democrat in every election is a slum, whether it is in reality or not.

wide-e-wide
10-22-2005, 08:24 AM
Well not only that...but their mayor was caught...ON TAPE...smoking crack with a prostitute...and they re-elected him anyway...?????????????????

I had a friend from South Central LA when I was stationed in Pensacola...he told me once that his neighborhood was so bad....the mailman didn't even deliver...he just drove by and threw all the letters out of his window and yelled..."'Yall sort it out"
I cracked up laughing...of course he was exaggerating...but not by much.

ktCarl
10-22-2005, 11:23 AM
Why would you want to know about the 5th Ward in Houston? The only people that drive through there are police and fire dept. Just stay away. Dowling St. on the South side of downtown is a winner also.

Wide's description was adequate.

Rerun
10-22-2005, 11:50 AM
I wanna take a trip down to South Lee also.

I hope to go during Xmas time.

lonny23
10-22-2005, 12:18 PM
Why would you want to know about the 5th Ward in Houston? The only people that drive through there are police and fire dept. Just stay away. Dowling St. on the South side of downtown is a winner also.

Wide's description was adequate.
I agree with Wide, too. My first thought was why is he asking about the 5th Ward?

lonny23
10-22-2005, 12:20 PM

I used to have to drive through Camden because my best friend's girlfriend lived there. I never got shot, though. Brooklyn never impressed me (or the rest of NYC for that matter) and Trenton is a dive. I've been to Inglewood and South Central LA along with DC.

lonny23
10-22-2005, 12:27 PM
Any place that votes 90% or more Democrat in every election is a slum, whether it is in reality or not.
Outside of a few liberal states, that's always going to be the case. The Democrats have been preying on the slums since the 1800's in NYC. They used to be called Bosses in the city. I'm not here to say great things about the Republicans, either. I will say that welfare and social programs don't get you any closer to respectability and the whole handout and better life jive the Democrats throw out to the poor is garbage. They also play the race card to keep jobs. In reality, they love money and big business just as much as the Republicans.

Politicians say stuff to keep their job and keep making money. Almost all of them are corrupted by the system and should be in prison. If you don't like what America does, don't vote for either major party. They're in cahoots with one another to keep all the power and don't really want to change anything.

southlake thug
10-22-2005, 01:12 PM
Newark, New Jersey is pretty tough.

I got to say it though.. Newport News, VA ---straight up hood

wide-e-wide
10-22-2005, 01:35 PM
Newark, New Jersey is pretty tough.

I got to say it though.. Newport News, VA ---straight up hood

Oh yeah...A friend of mine lived on Jefferson Ave. in Newport News...we went over there to drink and play cards one night....whoa! It was crazy....like something out of a movie...needless to say...after that when she invited everybody over..we all had other plans.

LoneRocket
10-22-2005, 03:30 PM
All I know is, my dad used to be an EMT for the fire department in Houston before he became a firefighter, and I've heard him talk about being shot at when he would go pick up someone in his ambulance.

I wouldn't be too sad to see some levee break and have that place be flooded out like New Orleans. It's just too bad that it isn't the houses and the trees that make that place such a hellhole, and so the "problem" would just scatter to East Texas shelters. oh well
You mean like what Rita had done to parts of East Texas? Careful what you ask for it could hit you ten fold.

LoneRocket
10-22-2005, 03:31 PM
I spent time in 3rd and 5th ward. It gives you a unique perspective on life.

LoneRocket
10-22-2005, 03:41 PM
--

dada
10-22-2005, 07:02 PM
Never Judge a book by it's cover.....BORN AND RAISED IN THE WARD and I turned out OK.! :D

Reaganrattler07
10-22-2005, 11:27 PM

Hahaha.

Well, the Democrats/Liberals strategy is to go for minorities and the less advantage.....

wide-e-wide
10-22-2005, 11:31 PM
Hahaha.

Well, the Democrats/Liberals strategy is to go for minorities and the less advantage.....

I beg to differ...but this is a football board so I won't express my true feelings.....

Let's just say I have voted for President 4 times...and never voted Republican....and never will.

Reaganrattler07
10-22-2005, 11:35 PM
I beg to differ...but this is a football board so I won't express my true feelings.....

Let's just say I have voted for President 4 times...and never voted Republican....and never will.

That's fine.....you have your opinion.

But Democrats do go after minorities more than Republicans....but that's another discussion.

LoneRocket
10-22-2005, 11:36 PM
--

Reaganrattler07
10-22-2005, 11:40 PM
Actually that is not true during the last two major elections, Demos were trying to be Rep-lite to grab majority votes and the GOP was trying to be inclusive to grab minorities.

Normally Dems try and go for minorities.....Republicans were going for the hispanics this year and Dems were going for african-americans. Republicans were also goin' for the upper to middle class people.

lonny23
10-22-2005, 11:45 PM
The Dems don't have to go for African-Americans. The vast majority of them are conditioned to always vote Democratic, anyway.

Reaganrattler07
10-22-2005, 11:47 PM
The Dems don't have to go for African-Americans. The vast majority of them are conditioned to always vote Democratic, anyway.

They still go for them however....

LoneRocket
10-22-2005, 11:51 PM
--

lonny23
10-22-2005, 11:53 PM
Actually the GOP was also focusing on the Black Vote, by catering to Black Preachers and using code words like family values and gay marriage. Demos realized they had Black voters weeks before the election, (as they always do) but it does get old when you see a politician show up at your church the weekend before an election trying to speak and leave before service is over and you never see them again until re-election time. Then they wonder why people in the congregation votes for their opponent.
Yep, it's a lot of lip service. Both parties do that.

LoneRocket
10-22-2005, 11:54 PM
I think that is because of LBJ signed the 1964 civil rights bill, before that Blacks use to vote in block republican.

Reaganrattler07
10-22-2005, 11:55 PM
I think that is because of LBJ signed the 1964 civil rights bill, before that Blacks use to vote in block republican.

That and the Dems offer a lot more to the african american voters.....

dragons08
10-22-2005, 11:56 PM

only 4 times...and your like 32!

wide-e-wide
10-22-2005, 11:59 PM
Oh you mean LBJ...the guy that killed Kennedy?
yeah that dude...
the one that was married to the daughter of Brown....like Brown and Root....
and had his hand in Bell helicopter...?
that LBJ...?
The one that made millions in Vietnam?
The one that had my Dad in the bush for almost 3 years...just so he could get rich?
that one?
Don't get me started..........
The LBJ...that was actually a Republican...until Kennedy recruited him as a running mate...that LBJ?

LoneRocket
10-23-2005, 12:00 AM
--

Reaganrattler07
10-23-2005, 12:02 AM
yeah that dude...

I just have to ask - how did he kill Kennedy?

wide-e-wide
10-23-2005, 12:03 AM
I just have to ask - how did he kill Kennedy?

Young man...start reading history....instead of His-Story....'ya dig?

Reaganrattler07
10-23-2005, 12:04 AM
Young man...start reading history....instead of His-Story....'ya dig?

I suppose we didn't land on the moon either? :rolleyes:

LoneRocket
10-23-2005, 12:04 AM
--

LoneRocket
10-23-2005, 12:06 AM
After LBJ signed that Act a lot of Southern Demos became Reps.

Reaganrattler07
10-23-2005, 12:06 AM
From a historical prespective, but as I said once you elect a person you have to stay on them in order for them to do right, As Americans we do not do that often.

Ah, the discussion of politics can take us many places and can divide us up a lot....how about we just stop before divisions take place? And no, I'm not runnign away from this - I can easily continue the arguement. I just think it'd be wise to stop before we all end up hating each other.

lonny23
10-23-2005, 12:07 AM
only 4 times...and your like 32!
You only get to vote once in every election every 4 years in Texas. This isn't Illinois or Jim Wells County! :D

lonny23
10-23-2005, 12:07 AM
That's what I always thought, too. A Republican abolished slavery.

dragons08
10-23-2005, 12:08 AM
You only get to vote once in every election every 4 years in Texas. This isn't Illinois or Jim Wells County! :D
oh man taking shots at my native state! lonny you just went a billion notches down in my boook!!!!!! :D

LoneRocket
10-23-2005, 12:09 AM
Ah, the discussion of politics can take us many places and can divide us up a lot....how about we just stop before divisions take place? And no, I'm not runnign away from this - I can easily continue the arguement. I just think it'd be wise to stop before we all end up hating each other.
Okay, I just along as it is not personal, but factual. EASY WIDE with the LBJ stuff, I do not want someone to come knocking on my door.

lonny23
10-23-2005, 12:09 AM
That and the Dems offer a lot more to the african american voters.....
You can call it that. I still say they don't get all they think they're getting.

lonny23
10-23-2005, 12:10 AM
yeah that dude...
the one that was married to the daughter of Brown....like Brown and Root....
and had his hand in Bell helicopter...?
that LBJ...?
The one that made millions in Vietnam?
The one that had my Dad in the bush for almost 3 years...just so he could get rich?
that one?
Don't get me started..........
The LBJ...that was actually a Republican...until Kennedy recruited him as a running mate...that LBJ?
That dude is a straight up crook. I'm embarrassed he's from Texas.

Reaganrattler07
10-23-2005, 12:10 AM
Okay, I just along as it is not personal, but factual. EASY WIDE with the LBJ stuff, I do not want someone to come knocking on my door.

Yeah, I just don't want people to end up hating each other on a topic that is wayyy off topic...especially in the off topic thread...

Reaganrattler07
10-23-2005, 12:11 AM
That dude is a straight up crook. I'm embarrassed he's from Texas.

North East could do better with the naming of a new school...even though it is Lady Bird....they could've gotten someone better.

lonny23
10-23-2005, 12:11 AM
I suppose we didn't land on the moon either? :rolleyes:
Not according to Carl Everett of the White Sox! :D

dragons08
10-23-2005, 12:12 AM
Yeah, I just don't want people to end up hating each other on a topic that is wayyy off topic...especially in the off topic thread...
this isnt the offtopic thread! the offtopic thread should be based on sunglasess or at least something of the matter..

lonny23
10-23-2005, 12:13 AM
I didn't know we liked each other! ;) Actually, I think we'll be OK.

wide-e-wide
10-23-2005, 12:13 AM

Well we all know how the Warren Commision's Report panned out...
I might joke and talk sports....and be all ha-ha...chuckle chuckle....
but I'm a pretty sharp dude....I read a lot.....and I know my history...and your history for that matter.

lonny23
10-23-2005, 12:17 AM
oh man taking shots at my native state! lonny you just went a billion notches down in my boook!!!!!! :D
You can't start voting until you turn 18, so that means you can vote at:

It was too easy to make the comment because of what you said. The historical factor is that dead people in Jim Wells County voted for and elected LBJ in a congressional race sometime around 1948. They kept the polls in Chicago open long enough for Kennedy/Johnson to win Illinois in 1960. They did the same thing in Texas. History repeated itself in 1976 with Carter.

LoneRocket
10-23-2005, 12:18 AM
That's what I always thought, too. A Republican abolished slavery.
Actually the 13 amendment abolish slavery not the emancipation proclamation, Lincoln said the states that left the union were “not allowed” to have slaves anymore, not “all” slave holding states left the union and they were still allowed to own slaves. That is like our President telling Afghanistan women you are now free to do whatever in your country. (With no one there to enforce his proclamation) Lincoln wanted what was best for the union and at the time he thought slavery was not, he even contemplated sending slaves back to Africa.

lonny23
10-23-2005, 12:18 AM
North East could do better with the naming of a new school...even though it is Lady Bird....they could've gotten someone better.
I've always felt bad for her. She was married to a guy she knew was cheating on her and she even said she knew he loved her in spite of his actions. She was a good woman.

dragons08
10-23-2005, 12:20 AM
[QUOTE=lonny23]You can't start voting until you turn 18, so that means you can vote at:

QUOTE]
holy crap, i didnt realize that the max he could vote so far was 4!! im sorry wideman, no hard feelings right?

lonny23
10-23-2005, 12:20 AM
Actually the 13 amendment abolish slavery not the emancipation proclamation, Lincoln said the states that left the union were “not allowed” to have slaves anymore, not “all” slave holding states left the union and they were still allowed to own slaves. That is like our President telling Afghanistan women you are now free to do whatever in your country. (With no one there to enforce his proclamation) Lincoln wanted what was best for the union and at the time he thought slavery was not, he even contemplated sending slaves back to Africa.
That's true because the President never makes a law.

LoneRocket
10-23-2005, 12:21 AM
Back on topic, 5th ward Wheatley basketball, the Ghetto Boys and Swisha house. (Mike Jones)

lonny23
10-23-2005, 12:22 AM
[QUOTE=lonny23]You can't start voting until you turn 18, so that means you can vote at:

QUOTE]
holy crap, i didnt realize that the max he could vote so far was 4!! im sorry wideman, no hard feelings right?
Thus, the inspiration for my comment. I don't premeditate all this stuff, but you guys sure give me some good ammo! :D

lonny23
10-23-2005, 12:23 AM
Back on topic, 5th ward Wheatly basketball, the Ghetto Boys and Swisha house. (Mike Jones)
They play some mean basketball in Houston. Hey, the Cougs are going to be real good this year and so will the Rockets.

LoneRocket
10-23-2005, 12:25 AM
They play some mean basketball in Houston. Hey, the Cougs are going to be real good this year and so will the Rockets.
I believe that is 3rd ward along with Yates football.

dragons08
10-23-2005, 12:25 AM
[QUOTE=dragons08]
Thus, the inspiration for my comment. I don't premeditate all this stuff, but you guys sure give me some good ammo! :D
curious what time is it out there in the middle of no where? its ahh 1230 here at night, and my mind is not well, turned on at the moment

wide-e-wide
10-23-2005, 12:29 AM

Totally right...you are a smart motor scooter bro...most people dont' know that...
And if you read the emancipation proclamation closely......he always refers to the slave as a slave.....even after he frees them....
Meaning....you are a slave...and I free you...
but you are still a slave...
So go out into a country that you no nothing about...
you can't read...you can't write...(because it was illegal for slaves to read or write)
But you are free......no go out and conquer the world.

Gee thanks Abe......................You think maybe you can help me find my Mama...cuz Masa sold her...and my Daddy...well he ran away before the war...and me....well...I's a slave...I's dumb....

lonny23
10-23-2005, 12:38 AM
Totally right...you are a smart motor scooter bro...most people dont' know that...
And if you read the emancipation proclamation closely......he always refers to the slave as a slave.....even after he frees them....
Meaning....you are a slave...and I free you...
but you are still a slave...
So go out into a country that you no nothing about...
you can't read...you can't write...(because it was illegal for slaves to read or write)
But you are free......no go out and conquer the world.

Gee thanks Abe......................You think maybe you can help me find my Mama...cuz Masa sold her...and my Daddy...well he ran away before the war...and me....well...I's a slave...I's dumb....
Then they came back with the Poll Tax and sharecropping was just another form of slavery.

lonny23
10-23-2005, 12:39 AM
[QUOTE=lonny23]
curious what time is it out there in the middle of no where? its ahh 1230 here at night, and my mind is not well, turned on at the moment
It's 11:38 A.M. on Sunday morning. You guys are 11 hours behind us, so I'm always opposite of you guys. High school games are played when I'm at work on Saturday morning.

Rerun
10-23-2005, 12:40 AM
I bet you wish you were in the 5th ward instead of where you are at now, right L2K?

lonny23
10-23-2005, 12:41 AM
If the guys on this forum read a lot of the stuff we talk about, they'd be able to gain a lot of knowledge. We're pretty educational for a football forum.

lonny23
10-23-2005, 12:43 AM
I bet you wish you were in the 5th ward instead of where you are at now, right L2K?
It's safer here. I would like to be in Houston just so I could go to the World Series. On the other hand being in Houston means I might've seen Tech lose in person and I would've seen Judson lose to Madison. :(

Rerun
10-23-2005, 12:44 AM
I am planning a mini vacation to the 5th Ward this Xmas.

I think it will be a grand ole' time.

I will be sittin sideways with my boys ova at THA SWISHAHOUSE

wide-e-wide
10-23-2005, 12:44 AM
If I were face to face with Lucifer himself...with fire and brimstone...
it would be a tough call...
5th Ward is a sh....hole brother...obviously you have never been there...
I have.
I ..........unfortunately had to go there a lot...It ain't all bling...and iced out grills...
It's slum bro....

LoneRocket
10-23-2005, 12:46 AM
My mind is playing tricks on me.

Rerun
10-23-2005, 12:46 AM
I will go there bumpin my Hank Williams - Screwed & Chopped

5TH WARD

lonny23
10-23-2005, 12:50 AM
I will go there bumpin my Hank Williams - Screwed & Chopped

5TH WARD
That reminds me of the scene from Kentucky Fried Movie when the guy that lives life dangerously ran into the crowd in the ghetto. I can't finish the rest of the story, but anybody that's seen the movie knows what I'm talking about.

wide-e-wide
10-23-2005, 12:51 AM
That reminds me of the scene from Kentucky Fried Movie when the guy that lives life dangerously ran into the crowd in the ghetto. I can't finish the rest of the story, but anybody that's seen the movie knows what I'm talking about.

funny *** movie...
Richard Pryor....
need I say more?

lonny23
10-23-2005, 12:55 AM
funny *** movie...
Richard Pryor....
need I say more?
There's a guy named Zink over here and I think about the zinc oxide scene every day! :D

lonny23
10-23-2005, 12:56 AM
funny *** movie...
Richard Pryor....
need I say more?
You guys don't know, I might be Big Jim Slade! :D

Rerun
10-23-2005, 12:56 AM
I bet you do Panama Red

wide-e-wide
10-23-2005, 12:58 AM
I'm starting new thread Lonny....

the funniest sh....Richard Pryor ever said....movies,stand-up...anything...

lonny23
10-23-2005, 07:36 AM
I'm starting new thread Lonny....

the funniest sh....Richard Pryor ever said....movies,stand-up...anything...
I can't repeat it because somebody might get offended if I insuated what he said. That was just the language he used, though.

dada
10-23-2005, 09:10 AM
Back on topic, 5th ward Wheatley basketball, the Ghetto Boys and Swisha house. (Mike Jones)
Yeah back to the Topic....Mike Jones and the Swishahouse are actually on the North Side...not 5th Ward. Wheatly was great back in the day.

lonny23
10-23-2005, 09:11 AM
Yeah back to the Topic....Mike Jones and the Swishahouse are actually on the North Side...not 5th Ward. Wheatly was great back in the day.
Do we have to stay on topic? ;) Yeah, I've heard good things about Wheatley. I don't know about Mike Jones, but I know Headliner is big into his stuff.

dada
10-23-2005, 09:18 AM
Do we have to stay on topic? ;) Yeah, I've heard good things about Wheatley. I don't know about Mike Jones, but I know Headliner is big into his stuff.
At first I thought this topic was headed in the wrong direction. Got a little educational for a moment. I have a different view of it because Like I said, I was born in the hood in Houston and still have family there so..I might come off biased. I've lived in 3rd Ward, 4th Ward, Studewood, Cloverland..all over Houston and I've been comfortable. Everyone knew everyone so it was the outsiders that had to worry. When I got to Ft.Hood, I would bring some of my friends down to show them what it was like. As soon as we turned in I would tell them to roll all of their windows down. They would ask me why and I would tell them..."If you want your car...let them see that I'm in here with you"...lol

lonny23
10-23-2005, 09:46 AM
At first I thought this topic was headed in the wrong direction. Got a little educational for a moment. I have a different view of it because Like I said, I was born in the hood in Houston and still have family there so..I might come off biased. I've lived in 3rd Ward, 4th Ward, Studewood, Cloverland..all over Houston and I've been comfortable. Everyone knew everyone so it was the outsiders that had to worry. When I got to Ft.Hood, I would bring some of my friends down to show them what it was like. As soon as we turned in I would tell them to roll all of their windows down. They would ask me why and I would tell them..."If you want your car...let them see that I'm in here with you"...lol
What are you, the neighborhood bully? :p

dada
10-23-2005, 09:50 AM
What are you, the neighborhood bully? :p
No...I wasnt the bully. I was the only one out of the group to finish high school and try to do something with my life so they were kind of "Over Protective" of me. More of a "Don't do what we do type thing".....I still go out there today and they look at me like "WHat are YOU doing out here..dont make us put our foot in your a@@" A big brother type thing.

lonny23
10-23-2005, 10:00 AM
No...I wasnt the bully. I was the only one out of the group to finish high school and try to do something with my life so they were kind of "Over Protective" of me. More of a "Don't do what we do type thing".....I still go out there today and they look at me like "WHat are YOU doing out here..dont make us put our foot in your a@@" A big brother type thing.
I got you. I think that's pretty common. If you stay away from trouble, you'll have people around you who make sure you stay clean and don't do what they did or let anybody mess with you.

dada
10-23-2005, 10:04 AM
I got you. I think that's pretty common. If you stay away from trouble, you'll have people around you who make sure you stay clean and don't do what they did or let anybody mess with you.
I'm 31 years old and I still hear "I'm gone tell ya mama you were out here"...lol

lonny23
10-23-2005, 10:06 AM
I'm 31 years old and I still hear "I'm gone tell ya mama you were out here"...lol
That's good because it keeps you in check.

dada
10-23-2005, 10:11 AM
That's good because it keeps you in check.
I take my son there....one day he'll understand that life is much more than Cable TV and XBOX. It motivates me to do better. I fear that one day I will fall off. I remember when we were kids and we would run up to the guys in the neighborhood with the money and cars and be like "Kimme a quater, kimmie a quater"(yeah kids, not DOLLARS, but quaters, could get you like 5 moon cookies and some Laffy Taffy).....now when I'm out there, those SAME guys are asking me for a dollar. I refuse to end up like that.

lonny23
10-23-2005, 10:24 AM
I take my son there....one day he'll understand that life is much more than Cable TV and XBOX. It motivates me to do better. I fear that one day I will fall off. I remember when we were kids and we would run up to the guys in the neighborhood with the money and cars and be like "Kimme a quater, kimmie a quater"(yeah kids, not DOLLARS, but quaters, could get you like 5 moon cookies and some Laffy Taffy).....now when I'm out there, those SAME guys are asking me for a dollar. I refuse to end up like that.
That's good. Kids need to know not everything is easy and they have to work hard to not end up on the skids.

dada
10-23-2005, 10:27 AM
That's good. Kids need to know not everything is easy and they have to work hard to not end up on the skids.
Man son has a fit we he's not around cable tv....we went to the Astrodome and I told them some of the kids that were staying there, cable is the LAST THING on my mind. My motto is Build Kids, don't repair adults. I just hope he's soaking all this in.

lonny23
10-23-2005, 10:53 AM
Man son has a fit we he's not around cable tv....we went to the Astrodome and I told them some of the kids that were staying there, cable is the LAST THING on my mind. My motto is Build Kids, don't repair adults. I just hope he's soaking all this in.
Hey, I like my TV, too. I remember the Jeff Foxworthy days when there 4 channels and if the President was on, your night was shot! :D

CLFalcon2006
10-24-2005, 07:01 PM
I've been in the ward twice in my life. When I was 11 or 12 my youth leader took me and the rest of our group on a car ride through the ward so we could see that not everyone has it as good as us. Really opened my eyes to some of the problems in the world.

My next trip came about 2 weeks ago. My friends, who are not the brightest people int he world, decided to go to a haunted house. They just told us it was next to the freeway so we were like ok it cant be that far. We end up in the heart of the 5th ward around midnight on a friday night just me and two other guys and 10 cheerleaders and drill team girls. THEY STILL WANTED TO GO INSIDE THE HAUNTED HOUSE. It took a few minutes of convinving and several bacround gunshots to get them back into the car and speeding away. Probably one of the top 5 scariest moments of my life.

Reaganrattler07
10-24-2005, 07:14 PM
I've been in the ward twice in my life. When I was 11 or 12 my youth leader took me and the rest of our group on a car ride through the ward so we could see that not everyone has it as good as us. Really opened my eyes to some of the problems in the world.

My next trip came about 2 weeks ago. My friends, who are not the brightest people int he world, decided to go to a haunted house. They just told us it was next to the freeway so we were like ok it cant be that far. We end up in the heart of the 5th ward around midnight on a friday night just me and two other guys and 10 cheerleaders and drill team girls. THEY STILL WANTED TO GO INSIDE THE HAUNTED HOUSE. It took a few minutes of convinving and several bacround gunshots to get them back into the car and speeding away. Probably one of the top 5 scariest moments of my life.

Wow, is it really that bad? Dang....so is it like Grand Theft Auto just...real life? :eek:

dragons08
10-24-2005, 08:08 PM

10 cheerleaders and drill team girls..nice man nice

pack0808
10-25-2005, 08:36 AM
Of course i have heard of the 5th ward and i have no desire to go there in person that is for sure. Do yall remember the 5th ward boys?? I had that tape back in my hs days!! The Ghetto boys are from the 3rd ward i am pretty sure?? I had all of their stuff back then also. I would go from listening to hard core rap to hard rock n roll to classic rock to regular music back then. Always depended on what kind of mood i was in!! LOL Ghetto boys- Scarface, Bigmike, Bushwick wasn't there another member i am forgetting?? :confused:

dada
10-25-2005, 09:10 AM
Of course i have heard of the 5th ward and i have no desire to go there in person that is for sure. Do yall remember the 5th ward boys?? I had that tape back in my hs days!! The Ghetto boys are from the 3rd ward i am pretty sure?? I had all of their stuff back then also. I would go from listening to hard core rap to hard rock n roll to classic rock to regular music back then. Always depended on what kind of mood i was in!! LOL Ghetto boys- Scarface, Bigmike, Bushwick wasn't there another member i am forgetting?? :confused:
Willie D

lonny23
10-25-2005, 09:35 AM
10 cheerleaders and drill team girls..nice man nice
Hey, they're beating the Beach Boys who said 2 girls for every guy. They get 3.33! :D

LoneRocket
10-25-2005, 10:01 AM
I have all the tapes also, I think their boxed up in a closet. I can remember my dad telling me to turn that crap off and he would throw it in the trash if he see or hears it again. Irony now I would do the samething,(I am my father) my parents would take me to visit the wards because they wanted me to see the choices I can make in life. I saw a blacksheep video (this or that) the other day it brought back memories.

pack0808
10-25-2005, 10:06 AM
I have all the tapes also, I think their boxed up in a closet. I can remember my dad telling me to turn that crap off and he would throw it in the trash if he see or hears it again. Irony now I would do the samething,(I am my father) my parents would take me to visit the wards because they wanted me to see the choices I can make in life. I saw a blacksheep video (this or that) the other day it brought back memories.

Yeah there is no way in the world would i listen to that stuff now. I loved it back then but when you are young it does not matter about the message. I would not want my kids listening to it either. Now i know why my dad flipped out on me when he borrowed my car and i left a scarface tape in!! :eek: I told him i was 18 and i will listen to what i want to. He chunked it and i was pissed and went and bought a new one the next day. LOL

LoneRocket
10-25-2005, 10:11 AM
Yeah there is no way in the world would i listen to that stuff now. I loved it back then but when you are young it does not matter about the message. I would not want my kids listening to it either. Now i know why my dad flipped out on me when he borrowed my car and i left a scarface tape in!! :eek: I was like i am 18 and i will listen to what i want to.
Speaking of that a friend of mine and ex-mav, loved listening to the 2-live crew "nasty as we want to be", he stop at an intersection listening to "me so horny" music just booming and he looks over to the car next to him. It was a bunch of nuns in the car and he turned so red while he tried to hide under the dash board until the light turned green. (LOL)

pack0808
10-25-2005, 10:12 AM
Speaking of that a my friend and ex-mav, loved listening to the 2-live crew "nasty as we want to be", he stop at an intersection listening to "me so horny" music just booming and he looks over to the car next to him. It was a bunch of nuns in the car and he turned so red while he tried to hide under the dash board until the light turned green. (LOL)

Oh yeah everybody i knew had that tape including me. I was probably 13??

dada
10-25-2005, 10:20 AM
Oh yeah everybody i knew had that tape including me. I was probably 13??
I got my a@@ whipped for listening to that.

Rerun
10-25-2005, 01:58 PM
we bump swishahouse off sw military drive down here in sa

we roll hard like that.

other times we roll thru the rich areas in stone oak and la cantera by reagan and smithson valley and churchill and bump our stuff. them folks just dont know what to do when they see us rollin up on them 84's.

dada
10-25-2005, 02:02 PM
we bump swishahouse off sw military drive down here in sa

we roll hard like that.

other times we roll thru the rich areas in stone oak and la cantera by reagan and smithson valley and churchill and bump our stuff. them folks just dont know what to do when they see us rollin up on them 84's.
Dude....are you SERIOUS....I mean really?

Rerun
10-25-2005, 02:08 PM
serious that i cruise on sw military drive on sunday nights bumpin swishahouse??

yes, i have done that before.

am i serious that we roll thru the rich areas like reagan, churchill, and sv districts bumpin paul wall and archie lee?

yes, often.

am i serious that we roll on 84's with touch screens?

yea, we roll hard like that and hold it down for San Antonio.

we roll deep.

dada
10-25-2005, 02:12 PM
serious that i cruise on sw military drive on sunday nights bumpin swishahouse??

yes, i have done that before.

am i serious that we roll thru the rich areas like reagan, churchill, and sv districts bumpin paul wall and archie lee?

yes, often.

am i serious that we roll on 84's with touch screens?

yea, we roll hard like that and hold it down for San Antonio.

we roll deep.
lol...just checking. 84's??? GLASS?....you sure they arent 83's...or even worse 30's??? lol

Rerun
10-25-2005, 02:19 PM
naw, they are 84's.

we get stares wherever we go.

especially by smithson valley and reagan

its like they have never seen a h2 before. and im sure the deafening paul wall bumping doesnt help either.

BlakeJ
06-12-2012, 12:13 PM
Never Judge a book by it's cover.....BORN AND RAISED IN THE WARD and I turned out GHEY! :D

fify buddy.

RedRage00
06-12-2012, 12:50 PM
fify buddy.

Dayday grew up in the gayborhood lol

dada
06-12-2012, 01:49 PM
Dayday grew up in the gayborhood lol

Shut up Bish!!!!!......I didnt ask you to speak

RedRage00
06-12-2012, 02:05 PM
Shut up Bish!!!!!......I didnt ask you to speak

You forget who wears the pants in this relationship....your @$4 will be back out on the streets of the 5th ward!!!

BlakeJ
06-12-2012, 02:06 PM
You forget who wears the pants in this relationship....your @$4 will be back out on the streets of the 5th ward!!!

4th ward...dada is to white to claim 5th ward.

RedRage00
06-12-2012, 02:09 PM

no no...I'm gonna leave him in the 5th ward. He'll have to find his way back.

Strider324
06-12-2012, 02:43 PM
Never Judge a book by it's cover.....BORN AND RAISED IN THE WARD and I turned out OK.! :D

Who says you're OK??
:eek:

dada
06-12-2012, 02:48 PM

Instagator......

dada
06-12-2012, 02:48 PM
no no...I'm gonna leave him in the 5th ward. He'll have to find his way back.

When can I get MY caddilac?