PDA

View Full Version : Name That SA Team

Favpack
10-19-2005, 08:05 PM
Looks like SA may get the Saints for real. The mayor of New Orleans has pulled a Cleveland. He's now saying IF NO loses the Saints they get to keep the name and they get the next expansion team - ala the Cleveland Browns when the Ravens/Browns left.

So, what do we call San Antonio?

Hombres
Sombreros
Storm
Spheres (short for Hemisphere)
Alamos
Conquistadors
Roughnecks
????

garlandowl08
10-19-2005, 08:07 PM
Well, there are too many easy Racist jokes here, but I could see something like conquistadors...maybe rough-somethings...armadillos, Davy Crocketts, Cowboys v 2.0

Slim-Rob
10-19-2005, 08:14 PM
San Antonio Saints goes good though Ray

lonny23
10-20-2005, 06:37 AM
Looks like SA may get the Saints for real. The mayor of New Orleans has pulled a Cleveland. He's now saying IF NO loses the Saints they get to keep the name and they get the next expansion team - ala the Cleveland Browns when the Ravens/Browns left.

So, what do we call San Antonio?

Hombres
Sombreros
Storm
Spheres (short for Hemisphere)
Alamos
Conquistadors
Roughnecks
????
As bad as they've always been, why keep the Saints name? :confused:

lonny23
10-20-2005, 06:39 AM
The best name is Missions, but I HIGHLY doubt they copy the baseball team. I'll pull a name from the past:

San Antonio Gunslingers! :)

Reaganrattler07
10-20-2005, 09:54 AM
San Antonio Saints goes good though Ray

Dan Antonio Saints has a nice ring.....course we won't keep the name...Conquistadors is good, but how many people can spell conquistador?

San Antonio Bandits?

Didn't they have the Gunslingers at one time? That ones pretty cool as well...

OR
The San Antonio Rattlers! Change the colors to green, silver and black :D

lonny23
10-20-2005, 10:16 AM
Dan Antonio Saints has a nice ring.....course we won't keep the name...Conquistadors is good, but how many people can spell conquistador?

San Antonio Bandits?

Didn't they have the Gunslingers at one time? That ones pretty cool as well...

OR
The San Antonio Rattlers! Change the colors to green, silver and black :D
Surprisingly, YOU!

The Gunslingers were the USFL team. I used to like the Tampa Bay Bandits in the USFL.

Reaganrattler07
10-20-2005, 10:19 AM
Surprisingly, YOU!

The Gunslingers were the USFL team. I used to like the Tampa Bay Bandits in the USFL.

I'm a pretty good speller...if I stop and check over it, and aren't typing at like 90 wpm....see, the only thing about my writing is really grammer, puncuation is way off and I hardly capitalize...I was a pretty good speller, but dropped off a lil.

But I like the name
San Antonio Saints
San Antonio Bandits
San Antonio Gunslingers

Or we could do what some other people do and call them the Spurs...but that wouldn't be good looking uniforms...Maybe we should go with all green :D

lonny23
10-20-2005, 10:22 AM
I'm a pretty good speller...if I stop and check over it, and aren't typing at like 90 wpm....see, the only thing about my writing is really grammer, puncuation is way off and I hardly capitalize...I was a pretty good speller, but dropped off a lil.

But I like the name
San Antonio Saints
San Antonio Bandits
San Antonio Gunslingers

Or we could do what some other people do and call them the Spurs...but that wouldn't be good looking uniforms...Maybe we should go with all green :D
Golly, I think you're right! :p :D

Favpack
10-20-2005, 11:38 AM
I like Gunslingers - but does that pass the 2005 political correctness police? - we had to get rid of the Washington Bullets.

LoneRocket
10-20-2005, 01:05 PM
--

lonny23
10-20-2005, 01:20 PM
I hope not if I hear what the cost is going to be, State Senator Wentworth wants to give money to the Saints from Gov. Perry’s corporate slush fund to relocate. I do not see an economic impact to the region for “US” to pay for the Saints to come to SA and stay in SA. The state of Louisiana was paying the Saints around twenty million a year for them to remain. I just do not believe in corporate welfare.
Benson has too much money to deserve welfare to relocate the Saints.

CLFalcon2006
10-20-2005, 02:34 PM
San Antonio Outlaws
San Antonio West Texans (I would never name a team after the Texans)
San Antonio Tejanos
San Antonio Oppurtunists (easy joke)
San Antonio Roughnecks
San Antonio Thunderhawks (Madden Franchise :D )
San Antonio Defenders
you know the NFL will change there name to one of these 2 things though...

San Antonio Snakes (some dumb generic non-creative name)

or

San Antonio "Hope you liked your one year because were high tailing to LA to learn our lesson the hardway againers"

Favpack
10-20-2005, 03:24 PM
I'm warming to the SA Rattlers or Rattlebackers.

Of course, I said the Houston Hurricane and they would be awesome if they had picked that one -- the Texans is wrong on so many levels - and they wonder why they stink.

Reaganrattler07
10-20-2005, 04:55 PM
I'm warming to the SA Rattlers or Rattlebackers.

Of course, I said the Houston Hurricane and they would be awesome if they had picked that one -- the Texans is wrong on so many levels - and they wonder why they stink.

Oh yeah! SA Rattlers!

But why the West Texans?...we're in Central...

The Mayor of New Orleans has like declared war on San Antonio cause of all this....guess he wasn't too appreciative of how we housed a lot of his people.

But the ones I like are:
Gunslingers
Outlaws
Defenders (Alamo related)
and Rattlers :D

mad_fan
10-20-2005, 04:56 PM
Given SA's history with Pro sports (other than that basketball team), I would suggest the...

San Antonio Temporaries :D

lonny23
10-21-2005, 02:51 PM
Given SA's history with Pro sports (other than that basketball team), I would suggest the...

San Antonio Temporaries :D
I can't argue with that!

BuffFan2005
11-03-2005, 08:37 PM
San Antonio Storm would be alrite, I like idea of San Antonio Rattlers think it would be a cool logo!

cougardude
11-03-2005, 09:54 PM
The best name is Missions, but I HIGHLY doubt they copy the baseball team. I'll pull a name from the past:

San Antonio Gunslingers! :)

That sounds pretty cool!

Reaganrattler07
11-03-2005, 10:01 PM
San Antonio Storm would be alrite, I like idea of San Antonio Rattlers think it would be a cool logo!

I can see it now! :D ....course all I'd have to do is walk into the gym!

Hdshrinker
11-03-2005, 10:04 PM
I can see it now! :D ....course all I'd have to do is walk into the gym!

I just saw a name on another board that still has me laughing....

the Alamodillos.....

SFARocketGrad
11-10-2005, 04:59 PM
I know most of yall are just goofing off, but The team if it did stay here would have to stay away from a couple of names because of multiple semi-pro teams that own the rights to the names.

San Antonio (or Texas) Bandits is owned one by a sixman team and another by a pretty good semi-pro

Outlaws is a Sixman as well as a new arena league coming to town.

Storm are also a semi pro team

I play for the Riders

There is also a Ravens, Mutiny, and others

dragons08
11-10-2005, 07:16 PM
something to do with brown bags? :p

MadisonMaverickChick
11-12-2005, 08:06 PM
San Antonio Mavericks

...definite upgrade from Rattlers. why would they want to deal with the association to a HS that cant play football? :p

garlandowl08
11-12-2005, 10:12 PM
OOO...I think someone wants to start something with Redskins88

PaulinPlano
11-13-2005, 02:47 PM
How about:

San Antonio Caballeros (spanish for Cowboys)

or

San Antonio Soldiers (Military presence in SA)

or

San Antonio Marshals