PDA

View Full Version : UT or Tech

Slim-Rob
10-18-2005, 08:57 PM
I don't klnow how this game is going to turn out. UT will probably win, but I wouldn't overlook Tech. I just want to know everyones opinion on this.

AllenEagle06
10-18-2005, 09:04 PM
These are my 2 favorite colleges but I'm gonna have to go with the Longhorns on this one. Tech may have put up large scores like 80 but i don't think they will score morre than 28 points in this game.

CLFalcon2006
10-18-2005, 10:43 PM
havent we had this discussion every year since Tech upset Texas that one time. Other than that Texas has handled the "system" very well. When it all comes down to it its still Texas vs Texas Tech.

Longhorns win though Tech will keep it close

lonny23
10-19-2005, 11:23 AM
This will be a very good game. I sure hope they show it on TV over here.

lonny23
10-19-2005, 11:27 AM
This will be a very good game. I sure hope they show it on TV over here.
Yep, it's going to be on TV live. I'll have to watch at 1:30 A.M.

GTown02
10-19-2005, 02:58 PM
Yep, it's going to be on TV live. I'll have to watch at 1:30 A.M.
The ESPN gameday crew is going to be in Austin for it :D. Cant wait till Saturday!

Favpack
10-19-2005, 03:08 PM
Dang - this vote is pretty close - is TT that good? Who have they played? I just think the UT D line is going to get after Cody in a big way -and the TExas secondary is a bit better than the Huskers - like the bit of distance from Lubbock to Austin. I say Texas 45- TT - 24.

dada
10-19-2005, 03:13 PM
Dang - this vote is pretty close - is TT that good? Who have they played? I just think the UT D line is going to get after Cody in a big way -and the TExas secondary is a bit better than the Huskers - like the bit of distance from Lubbock to Austin. I say Texas 45- TT - 24.
I was thinking the same thing. 7 people think Tech will win. Texas isnt a D-2 school and are 10 times better than Nebraska and K-State.

TheDuke
10-19-2005, 03:15 PM
Tech should have lost against Nebraska, they shouldn't be undefeated IMO. I have a feeling that UT is gonna show Tech why they haven't played anyone yet.

HOOK 'EM!! :D

wide-e-wide
10-19-2005, 03:35 PM
I don't even have to give specifics...I'll just say..

Put your money where your mouth is...
Texas will destroy Tech...3 TD's or more.

GTown02
10-19-2005, 03:42 PM

I would love to see that happen! :D

garlandredraider
10-19-2005, 04:38 PM
Ok, if someone speaks of the techs schedule again.......
Please take a look at UT's schedule next year....
SAM HOUSTON ST. DII,,,, thats right DII.

Now please hush up on the schedule issue. Tech plays UT this week.

Also, If I remember correctly...

2002- Tech-42, Texas-38
2003- Texas-43, Tech-40 (Austin)

Besides last year.... recently these games have been close. You can speak all you want about how Techs offense is going to be shut out and won't even get into the 20s, but in reality, Texas controlled Techs offense last year. Only one year, and last years is not this year.

Being a Tech student, I know Texas has everything to win. They show up, play their game, they will win.

I also have seen many UT years where everything is going right and people thought it was "the year" to win it all, and they slip up on a game. (Ark, OU, TT)

I will be driving down to Austin thursday night. Careful driving to all my fellow Red Raiders down to A-town, and lets take care of this game. Or atleast make it a game!

Texas-44
Texas Tech-31

wide-e-wide
10-19-2005, 04:42 PM
At least you are being somewhat realistic in your prediction.

And yes Texas does have Sam Houston on their schedule next year. Why .................I don't know.

But they also have Ohio St. ....so it's not all creampuff.

I just don't see anybody other than the Indianapolis Colts scoring 30+ on the UT defense.

garlandredraider
10-19-2005, 04:50 PM
Sorry, made some changes on the 1st post, cause it was kind of trashy.

And the past 4 years, Tech has played Ohio State (when they won it all) at their place, we have played NC ST, Old Miss, TCU.

Next year Techs schedule is
SMU, TCU, UTEP.

TCU will probably be ranked and we play them in Ft. Worth.
UTEP is not terrible

We also have not filled that last game up yet with someone, so I am excited to see who it is. I heard Nebraska picked up USC.

And I know how great Texas' Defense is great, and I dont dog them when I say Tech will score 31. Tech throws the ball 95% of the game. They will score more than you think. You cant really base it on last years score because you and I both know, Tech was not that bad. Just fell apart.

But here is to a good old fashion Texas Shootout!

ThEgReAtOnE
10-19-2005, 06:28 PM
Tech has a juggernaut offense that Texas must stop....I think they will, but not without giving up, at least, 17 pts. The task is for Tech to stop Young and that dominant power "O"....I don't think they will!

Texas Tech 24
Texas 49

The game will be within 14, until the 4th qtr...Texas will score 14 more to close out the deal.

HOOKEM
10-19-2005, 06:44 PM

2002- Tech-42, Texas-38

Besides last year.... recently these games have been close. You can speak all you want about how Techs offense is going to be shut out and won't even get into the 20s, but in reality, Texas controlled Techs offense last year. Only one year, and last years is not this year.

Being a Tech student, I know Texas has everything to win. They show up, play their game, they will win.

I also have seen many UT years where everything is going right and people thought it was "the year" to win it all, and they slip up on a game. (Ark, OU, TT)

I will be driving down to Austin thursday night. Careful driving to all my fellow Red Raiders down to A-town, and lets take care of this game. Or atleast make it a game!

Texas-44
Texas Tech-31

um.......................we are talking about this year and you conveniently forgot to mention Ohio State next year. I watched the Tech kstate game and you um were losing up until 3 minutes to go in the half. Let see if we can do a comparison here.
Texas stomps ou + ou stomps Kstate along as does tech = k state sOUx.
Divide by one nebraska lineman holding onto a fumble and you would have one loss already and we would have nothing to talk about.

Texas 55
Tech 21

biglee2007
10-19-2005, 06:48 PM
it will b a very good game but UT will come out on top :)

cougardude
10-19-2005, 10:18 PM
Go Horns! Wreck Tech!! \m/

garlandredraider
10-19-2005, 10:48 PM
Ok.... So

Baylor beats SMU, SMU beats TCU, TCU beats OU, so does that mean Baylor will beat OU?..... I hope your players think like your fans.

Yes, you will play Ohio St. again, congrats. Now go beat up on your DII schools. (Sorry had to say it cause tech got it so much this year, lol)

Divide by one reciever dropping the ball in the end zone against OSU, and um we would have nothing to talk about. Yes tech did struggle at NU. Simular environment to OSU, esp. with it being their homecoming.

Its called a game for a reason. You play it. And if I am correct, I did watch the Mizzou vs Texas game and Texas was sucking it up in the first half as well. Both Tech and Texas came back to win by large margins, so who cares.

WRECK EM TECH!!!! BBQ BEVO!

zippy
10-20-2005, 01:46 AM
Tech will score over 30, and I have a feeling they will win it too.

And yes Texas does have Sam Houston on their schedule next year. Why .................I don't know.

I just don't see anybody other than the Indianapolis Colts scoring 30+ on the UT defense.

lonny23
10-20-2005, 06:51 AM
I was thinking the same thing. 7 people think Tech will win. Texas isnt a D-2 school and are 10 times better than Nebraska and K-State.
They're better, but not to the extent you think.

lonny23
10-20-2005, 06:52 AM
The ESPN gameday crew is going to be in Austin for it :D. Cant wait till Saturday!
That means it's time for Lee Corso to call for an upset to make the UT fans mad! :D

lonny23
10-20-2005, 06:54 AM
Tech should have lost against Nebraska, they shouldn't be undefeated IMO. I have a feeling that UT is gonna show Tech why they haven't played anyone yet.

HOOK 'EM!! :D
Every great team has a game that they play worse than they should. Nebraska is a pretty good team and played Tech on their worst day this year. UT has games like this, too. Some of them have been against OU.

lonny23
10-20-2005, 06:55 AM

If Texas wins,

by no more than 10.

lonny23
10-20-2005, 06:56 AM

2002- Tech-42, Texas-38

Texas-44
Texas Tech-31
We haven't seen UT's bad game this year. I hope it's this week! :)

lonny23
10-20-2005, 06:59 AM
Sorry, made some changes on the 1st post, cause it was kind of trashy.

And the past 4 years, Tech has played Ohio State (when they won it all) at their place, we have played NC ST, Old Miss, TCU.

Next year Techs schedule is
SMU, TCU, UTEP.

TCU will probably be ranked and we play them in Ft. Worth.
UTEP is not terrible

We also have not filled that last game up yet with someone, so I am excited to see who it is. I heard Nebraska picked up USC.

And I know how great Texas' Defense is great, and I dont dog them when I say Tech will score 31. Tech throws the ball 95% of the game. They will score more than you think. You cant really base it on last years score because you and I both know, Tech was not that bad. Just fell apart.

But here is to a good old fashion Texas Shootout!
Yep, it's crazy to think Tech can't score on UT. The fact they have a better defense than before means there's a good chance they'll have the ball more this year. UT also has a good offense to counterbalance Tech's defense.

dragonfootballfan
10-20-2005, 08:30 AM

The reason that they scheduled Sam Houston is that the NCAA just approved a 12th regular season game for next year. The Texas AD scrambled to get a game and nobody wanted to play them at home during the proposed week. The only team that they could get was Sam Houston. You will not see many more D2 teams on the schedule in the future. It was a one time deal

Tut
10-20-2005, 09:20 AM
That means it's time for Lee Corso to call for an upset to make the UT fans mad! :D
If Corso calls for a Texas romp, the Longhorns should worry! :D

lonny23
10-20-2005, 10:06 AM
um.......................we are talking about this year and you conveniently forgot to mention Ohio State next year. I watched the Tech kstate game and you um were losing up until 3 minutes to go in the half. Let see if we can do a comparison here.
Texas stomps ou + ou stomps Kstate along as does tech = k state sOUx.
Divide by one nebraska lineman holding onto a fumble and you would have one loss already and we would have nothing to talk about.

Texas 55
Tech 21
You're crazy if you think UT beats Tech like that. OU beat K State 43-21 and Tech beat them 59-20. Any way you look at it, Tech will play UT closer than OU, Colorado, and Missouri.

garlandredraider
10-20-2005, 11:47 AM
haha, I love reading how Texas is going to shut out Tech. Man... I am not even sure the heads of the horns can even fit though the door anymore. I actually laugh when I hear that UT plans to shut out Tech... I mean serously, the #2 total offense and #1 scoring offense. But ok, I guess UT is just THAT good. lol.

24 hours till I am driving to Austin!!!

GTown02
10-20-2005, 12:35 PM
haha, I love reading how Texas is going to shut out Tech. Man... I am not even sure the heads of the horns can even fit though the door anymore. I actually laugh when I hear that UT plans to shut out Tech... I mean serously, the #2 total offense and #1 scoring offense. But ok, I guess UT is just THAT good. lol.

I guess you have not read my posts.... I know Tech is going to make it a good game, and this is the game Ive been nervous about all year long... UT should win this game, but its not going to be a blowout like other Texas fans are saying... its going to be like the 02' and 03' seasons where it came down to the last drives...

I would LOVE to see UT blow away Tech, but that wont happen IMO...
UT 38 - TT 31.. one TD game.

TheDuke
10-20-2005, 12:55 PM

Over 30? They didn't playing Nebraska! That Defense isn't half the D that the Horns have, your dreaming! I say:

Texas 42
T. Tech 17

HOOK'EM!! :D

lonny23
10-20-2005, 01:22 PM
Over 30? They didn't playing Nebraska! That Defense isn't half the D that the Horns have, your dreaming! I say:

Texas 42
T. Tech 17

HOOK'EM!! :D
Tech is a Top 10 team. You aren't going to beat them by 25 points!

wide-e-wide
10-20-2005, 01:40 PM

hahahaha....

You're right Lonny it won't be 25...

Texas- 48
Tech-13

It will be 35....

TheDuke
10-20-2005, 01:49 PM

They are only a top 10 team because they haven't lost yet. I could careless at the score really, I just want Texas to win! I have a feeling that it is gonna be a blowout for some reason. New Defensive Coordinator who has a great game plan for the spread. You are gonna see a bunch of rotations on the front line, we are gonna blitz a lot! I just don't see Tech's Defense stopping any of our weapons, but that is why we play the game! I can't wait for this one!

GO HORN'S!! :D

dragonfootballfan
10-20-2005, 02:08 PM
hahahaha....

Texas- 48
Tech-13

It will be 35....
Wide you are right on the money.

This is going to be the loudest this stadium is going to be.

wide-e-wide
10-20-2005, 02:14 PM
Wide you are right on the money.

This is going to be the loudest this stadium is going to be.

Oh the non-believers...
What does Texas have to do to shut these people up?

dragonfootballfan....you're right...DKR is gonna be rockin' come Saturday.

bowiedawgs01
10-20-2005, 02:30 PM
Yes tech did struggle at NU. Simular environment to OSU, esp. with it being their homecoming.

hahahaha...No. Nebraska is okay. I wouldn't even say good yet. The Longhorns have crapped on that field twice already. Ohio State, on the other hand, had played 6 night games TOTAL before our game. 100,000+ fans.

The two environments don't compare. Sorry.

Tech fans get pissed at us for talking about last year, but then have the nerve to bring up 2 and 3 years ago. Like those are anymore relevant than last year. Come on! I've said it 100 times and I'll say it again...Carl Reese was the DC in '02 and '03. He had no idea how to guard a good spread offense. He never made any adjustments either. Texas got a good DC in Robinson. He made adjustments and Texas stomped Tech. Now we have Chizik, who not only makes adjustments on the fly, but actually gameplans.

Could the game be close? Yes
Could Tech win? Yes
Is it likely? Hell No

Texas - 49
Tech - 21

garlandredraider
10-20-2005, 02:58 PM
Have you been to both stadiums? Well from someone who has, I will say the stadiums are compariable. Just because they sit more fans does not mean its louder. I went to the Tech vs NU game and the Tech vs OSU game in 2002, and both were intense. NU was crazy because not only are they trying to build a program... they have sold out over 200 games in a row, they wanted revenge from their worst loss in school history from the year before, and it was their homecoming. Yes they are compariable. I have been to both, and was there when tech played OSU when OSU won it all.... they are very simular. I think Nebraska take football just as serious as OSU.

I hope tech proves alot of people wrong.....

bowiedawgs01
10-20-2005, 03:06 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/lzppjb/bigbrother.jpg

bowiedawgs01
10-20-2005, 03:10 PM
simular

George, is that you?

wide-e-wide
10-20-2005, 03:39 PM
nuc-u-ler
what an idiot...don't get me started.

TheDuke
10-20-2005, 04:52 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/lzppjb/bigbrother.jpg

I like that! Nice touch!

garlandredraider
10-20-2005, 05:26 PM
haha nice bowie.

I saw a girls shirt today that said I am with stupid, and it had an upside down Horn.

Also saw one that said Bevo is a Q**** Steer.

I have one that says your ugly and your mamma dresses you in burnt orange.

I love when these two teams play. Its not such a hated game as OU and TEXAS or A&M and TECH.

bowiedawgs01
10-20-2005, 06:03 PM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/hookem31/forum%20pics/wanker1hx.gif

wide-e-wide
10-20-2005, 06:05 PM
I just spit beer everywhere bowie...hahahaha
I was not expecting bell boy when I clicked on this thread....
hahahahahahahaha!

Yep, that pretty much sums up what sand aggy has been doing thus far this season.

TechGuy07
10-20-2005, 06:13 PM
And we're damn proud of him!!!!!!!!!!

Tech wins on a last second TD...

Tech - 56
UT - 53

bowiedawgs01
10-20-2005, 06:21 PM
56 pts...lol

bowiedawgs01
10-20-2005, 06:25 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/lzppjb/techwalmart.jpg

bowiedawgs01
10-20-2005, 06:25 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/lzppjb/leachtortillatosser.jpg

GTown02
10-20-2005, 06:26 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/lzppjb/leachtortillatosser.jpg
Lol love the tortilla!

wide-e-wide
10-20-2005, 06:28 PM
what no drunk Leach pics?

bowiedawgs01
10-20-2005, 06:29 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/lzppjb/leechJD.jpg

wide-e-wide
10-20-2005, 06:30 PM
And we're damn proud of him!!!!!!!!!!

Tech wins on a last second TD...

Tech - 56
UT - 53

I wasn't aware that they had crack in Lubbock...not only do they have it...it's some good (bleep)...

56 on UT's Defense? Dude you have done lost your damn mind!

wide-e-wide
10-20-2005, 06:31 PM
Yes...with the John Daniels bottle no less....I love it.
drunks are funny...

bowiedawgs01
10-20-2005, 06:32 PM
I made all of those last year for a soonerfans.com fark contest.

wide-e-wide
10-20-2005, 06:35 PM
allsome...
I have the Lufkin game...and UT game at the same freakin' time Saturday...and then the World Series starts that night...I'm gonna be exhausted.

adrian6784
10-20-2005, 06:45 PM
Let's Go Longhorns!! http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b260/adrian6784/Gametime.jpg

For More Pics Click Here (http://photobucket.com/albums/b260/adrian6784/)

TheProphet
10-20-2005, 06:52 PM
Its gonna be just like last year, I dont see what everyone is locking themselves in a room to watch for...Tech beat the crap out of three joke teams, had a solid but unimpressive win at Kansas, lucked out at Nebraska, then had a drubbing of Kansas State. Well OU whipped K-state, Texas whipped OU with no trouble whatsoever. Texas literally has a better player at every position except running back...
Texas 50
TT 17

GTown02
10-20-2005, 06:59 PM
I think I would love to have Joel Filani over any Texas WR :D

garlandredraider
10-20-2005, 08:31 PM
Yeah I was about to say that.... WR? Nope sorry horns.

Also both our QB's are great. Hodges could not work in UT's system and VY could not work in Tech's system. According to the type of offense, I would take both.

Slim-Rob
10-20-2005, 10:25 PM
Yes...with the John Daniels bottle no less....I love it.
drunks are funny...

...I believe its Jack...then again, I'm not drunk, so I may be reading it wrong:D

wide-e-wide
10-20-2005, 10:28 PM
...I believe its Jack...then again, I'm not drunk, so I may be reading it wrong:D

Well maybe that's what you know him as....but when you have know him as long as I have...you can call him by his given name.

-Al Pacino in Scent of a Woman

I knew somebody would walk right into that one.

Hdshrinker
10-20-2005, 10:40 PM
Well maybe that's what you know him as....but when you have know him as long as I have...you can call him by his given name.

-Al Pacino in Scent of a Woman

I knew somebody would walk right into that one.

Nice call on that Va Tech game there wide...... You musta been talking to him tonight.

wide-e-wide
10-20-2005, 10:43 PM
Dude that game was a whole helluva lot closer than anyone thought it would be...And VaTech is way over-rated. Texas would humiliate that team ...seriously. Give me 10 points and I'll take Baylor over Va. Tech...that's how much they impressed me.

I don't drink liquor. Never have really....I'm just a simple Miller Lite guy..that's all.

Hdshrinker
10-20-2005, 10:44 PM
Dude that game was a whole helluva lot closer than anyone thought it would be...And VaTech is way over-rated. Texas would humiliate that team ...seriously. Give me 10 points and I'll take Baylor over Va. Tech...that's how much they impressed me.

I don't drink liquor. Never have really....I'm just a simple Miller Lite guy..that's all.

I watched the whole game wide.......it was never that close......and I still want to know how Maryland lost a point?

wide-e-wide
10-20-2005, 10:49 PM
Really...what was the score at halftime?
7-3 is pretty damn close last time I checked...

Hdshrinker
10-20-2005, 10:57 PM
Really...what was the score at halftime?
7-3 is pretty damn close last time I checked...

ALL on Va. Tech miscues. They were at the half yard line with 42 secs...fumble..... hit the goal post.....like I said....it wasn't that close....watch the game instead of ESPN.

But then wide supposedly watched the game too...and he couldn't even get the score right...I guess you see what you want to see...and Texas fans only see burnt orange...

pack4life
10-20-2005, 11:01 PM
ALL on Va. Tech miscues. They were at the half yard line with 42 secs...fumble..... hit the goal post.....like I said....it wasn't that close....watch the game instead of ESPN.

But then wide supposedly watched the game too...and he couldn't even get the score right...I guess you see what you want to see...and Texas fans only see burnt orange...

Marcus Vick might need to change what he wants to see...

3 INT's against Maryland.. hm..

Hdshrinker
10-20-2005, 11:06 PM
Marcus Vick might need to change what he wants to see...

3 INT's against Maryland.. hm..

I think those scoreboard lights got in his eyes....Va Tech 28 Maryland 9

hmmm.........

pack4life
10-20-2005, 11:07 PM
I think those scoreboard lights got in his eyes....Va Tech 28 Maryland 9

hmmm.........

Still can't make those mistakes against oh.. a GOOD team..

Hdshrinker
10-20-2005, 11:08 PM
Still can't make those mistakes against oh.. a GOOD team..

and imagine they still rolled them.......If only they were playing USC.......... you did say a good team not an overrated team right?

wide-e-wide
10-20-2005, 11:10 PM
7-3...is 7-3...I don't give a damn who you are.
The #3 team in the country ...and a team that has been quite vocal about wanting a shot at the national title should'nt struggle with unranked Maryland....ever.

28-9...who are you gonna brag to about that?

Like I said...very over-rated.

pack4life
10-20-2005, 11:11 PM
and imagine they still rolled them.......If only they were playing USC.......... you did say a good team not an overrated team right?

Man, 3 INTs against UT or USC or anybody, you know, within the top 25, won't get you anywhere, except to 0-1 against teams worth anything.

Hdshrinker
10-20-2005, 11:14 PM
7-3...is 7-3...I don't give a damn who you are.
The #3 team in the country ...and a team that has been quite vocal about wanting a shot at the national title should'nt struggle with unranked Maryland....ever.

28-9...who are you gonna brag to about that?

Like I said...very over-rated.

Considering they never let Maryland cross the goal line? Anyone they want to. We'll see as time goes on...they play a much tougher schedule than other over rated teams dressed in burnt orange..........

wide-e-wide
10-20-2005, 11:14 PM
Throw 3 picks against Texas and see what happens...
It will get real ugly...real quick.
Besides all that...Maryland ran all over Tech's defense...imagine
Superman against that D.....Good Lord...they win by 5td's or more.

Hdshrinker
10-20-2005, 11:16 PM
Throw 3 picks against Texas and see what happens...
It will get real ugly...real quick.
Besides all that...Maryland ran all over Tech's defense...imagine
Superman against that D.....Good Lord...they win by 5td's or more.

That's all you got is imagination wide....and that's all it will ever be...Texas don't play anyone that'll test them....lay down games....Texas Tech is the closest thing they got. Let's see them keep TT out of the end zone with that awsome defense.

wide-e-wide
10-20-2005, 11:30 PM
I'm sure Tech will score...but not 50 like they are used to scoring.
And the main point should be...can they score more than Texas?
The answer.....hell no.

Did I imagine Texas going into the 'shoe' and handing Ohio St. a big fat "L"...?

Hdshrinker
10-20-2005, 11:34 PM
I'm sure Tech will score...but not 50 like they are used to scoring.
And the main point should be...can they score more than Texas?
The answer.....hell no.

Did I imagine Texas going into the 'shoe' and handing Ohio St. a big fat "L"...?

Then reality hit and the Nation realized ohio was way "over-rated." That's exactly ALL that Texas has to hang their hat on.....Errrr...where is ohio rated now?

wide-e-wide
10-20-2005, 11:35 PM
Then reality hit and the Nation realized ohio was way "over-rated." That's exactly ALL that Texas has to hang their hat on.....Errrr...where is ohio rated now?

The better question is...where is Texas ranked?
errr ...not 3rd.

Hdshrinker
10-20-2005, 11:37 PM
The better question is...where is Texas ranked?
errr ...not 3rd.

smoke and mirrors......

wide-e-wide
10-20-2005, 11:39 PM
Speaking of smoke....I saw Marcus Vick tonight...boy he throws a lot better without those handcuffs on. But he still ain't Michael...hell he ain't even Reggie.

Hdshrinker
10-20-2005, 11:42 PM
Speaking of smoke....I saw Marcus Vick tonight...boy he throws a lot better without those handcuffs on. But he still ain't Michael...hell he ain't even Reggie.

He's better than reggie...Michael straightened the boy out over the summer.....and what if we looked into your past...around his age or so wide? I can't really speak for you...but I can for Me...it wasn't pretty. The difference in me and him is that I was not a public figure...he is.

And oh btw, He's got #6, #13, and #23 on his schedule to play. Who does Texas play? Besides Tech that is...........

wide-e-wide
10-20-2005, 11:46 PM
Dig in my past all you want...you won't find anything about me hanging out with 15 and 16 year old girls when I was 20...and getting them liquored up. Nor was I evading arrest with fat sacks of ghanja in my ride....Vick on the other hand...did both.

Texas plays/played

Ohio St. who were highly ranked at the time
#24 Colorado
#10 Texas Tech
and of course.....#1 USC
and when it is all said and done...that will be enough.

Hdshrinker
10-20-2005, 11:54 PM
Texas plays/played

Ohio St. who were highly ranked at the time
#24 Colorado
#10 Texas Tech
and of course.....#1 USC
and when it is all said and done...that will be enough.

NO...no...no ...wide.... I didn't ask you who they "played" but who are they gonna play.... let's see...a currently ranked #10 and hmmmmm.....and...uh....well dang.......their last 4 games are against unranked opponents.....while Va. Tech and USC BOTH play 3 ranked opponents.

wide-e-wide
10-20-2005, 11:57 PM
So what?
Beat 'em and shut up about it.
The only game that matters will be in Pasadena...and UT will win that one ...
So all the other crap is nonsense.

And Vick is NOT better than Reggie...gimme a break.

blue58
10-20-2005, 11:58 PM
Ok TEXAS TECH will be smoked in this game. Their defense may have held the teams to less points...but the cant score their way out of this one. I'm tired of all these people talking about how Tech is for real this year. THEY HAVE PLAYED NOBODY...Nebraska(the best team theyve played) is on its way back out of the dumps...and oh yeah, how much did tech score against a real team? yeah, not too much.

Texas has taken every obstacle in stride this year, and I dont see tech being too much different. This happens every year people, tech peeks over into the top 25, and everyone starts saying OH TECH! then they get beat..by Texas, and sometimes even reggie and co.

Someone take TECH off the power trip

Hdshrinker
10-21-2005, 12:01 AM
So what?
Beat 'em and shut up about it.
The only game that matters will be in Pasadena...and UT will win that one ...
So all the other crap is nonsense.

And Vick is NOT better than Reggie...gimme a break.

UT's gotta make it there first I know USC will be there..........Let's see USC plays a total of 6 ranked teams in their schedule.... Va. Tech 4 all in the middle to latter part of their schedule .....and Texas? 3 none of which are in the latter part of their schedule..... ALL the other crap is not nonsense. Anyone can set up a schedule to go undefeated.....but can you do it against contenders? Not if you are a pretender.....

blue58
10-21-2005, 12:05 AM
Ok, really thats not texas' fault. The BIG 12 is usually a fairly strong division, but my aggies have just had a lack luster year to this point, and NONE of the BIG 12 north looks good this year, We would've expected at least one or two of them in there. They cant make the BIG 12 play any better. They have outright ran away with every game except Ohio State.

Texas did what everyone does, They schedule a good opponent, and then two warm up games. Its not their fault that USC and Va Tech play in a little bit stronger divisions this year..

Hdshrinker
10-21-2005, 12:08 AM
Ok, really thats not texas' fault. The BIG 12 is usually a fairly strong division, but my aggies have just had a lack luster year to this point, and NONE of the BIG 12 north looks good this year, We would've expected at least one or two of them in there.
Texas did what everyone does, They schedule a good opponent, and then two warm up games.

Where was their good opponent? TCU played OU and beat them when they were ranked #7..should that count as much as Texas beating Ohio st when they were ranked high? You are right....it might not be Texas' fault, but then it shouldn't be their credit that they be ranked so high above programs who are playing the contenders. It'll come out in the end...I only hope they don't make it there because they will be taking the place of a team who better deserves it and they'll get rolled and embarrass the state again.

bowiedawgs01
10-21-2005, 12:15 AM
VaTech plays BC and Miami, 2 teams pretty much guaranteed to finish Top 25. Their other two games against tough competition are Virginia and Georgia Tech. Tech isn't even in the Top 25 anymore and Virginia likely won't stay there.

Texas will have played Ohio State and Texas Tech. Both will finish in the Top 25. Texas has also beaten Colorado, who has a chance to finish in the Top 25 if they win out. If they don't, then Texas will have a win over a Top 25 (at least) Nebraska team who could be 10-1.

Back to the game tonight. VaTech held them out of the endzone? Since when? I thought you said you watched the game. Now that is hilarious.

Virginia Tech looked horrid. No matter how you slice it, 7-3 at halftime is damn close. 14-3 through 3 is close. Those miscues by Vick were because of bonehead plays. He wasn't very good tonight. I was starting to wonder if he knew his players were wearing white tonight. They pull that against Texas, they'll be drilled.

Cry about the schedule all you want. They're comparable. If Texas takes care of business, they're going to the Rose Bowl. Know why? Because know one wants to see VaTech vs USC. They want to see history. They want to see Texas vs USC.

Hdshrinker
10-21-2005, 12:17 AM
Ok TEXAS TECH will be smoked in this game. Their defense may have held the teams to less points...but the cant score their way out of this one. I'm tired of all these people talking about how Tech is for real this year. THEY HAVE PLAYED NOBODY...Nebraska(the best team theyve played) is on its way back out of the dumps...and oh yeah, how much did tech score against a real team? yeah, not too much.

Texas has taken every obstacle in stride this year, and I dont see tech being too much different. This happens every year people, tech peeks over into the top 25, and everyone starts saying OH TECH! then they get beat..by Texas, and sometimes even reggie and co.

Texas? Obstacles? WHERE? as for TT, why the BCS has them ranked above UCLA and Norte Dame is incredible.....They have played none, 0, no, nada ranked teams.....Indiana St? Fl International? Gotta love the BCS.

bowiedawgs01
10-21-2005, 12:18 AM
Start talking crap when VaTech has actually beat one of their tough opponents. They haven't even faced them yet. They've beaten Georgia Tech. That's it. Congratulations! They're a fraud. IF, that's a big IF after watching them tonight, VaTech makes it through their "tough" part of the schedule undefeated, then you can come talk. Till then, you ain't got jack to complain about.

Texas would roll the hell out of the turkeys.

Hdshrinker
10-21-2005, 12:23 AM
VaTech plays BC and Miami, 2 teams pretty much guaranteed to finish Top 25. Their other two games against tough competition are Virginia and Georgia Tech. Tech isn't even in the Top 25 anymore and Virginia likely won't stay there.

Texas will have played Ohio State and Texas Tech. Both will finish in the Top 25. Texas has also beaten Colorado, who has a chance to finish in the Top 25 if they win out. If they don't, then Texas will have a win over a Top 25 (at least) Nebraska team who could be 10-1.

Back to the game tonight. VaTech held them out of the endzone? Since when? I thought you said you watched the game. Now that is hilarious.

Virginia Tech looked horrid. No matter how you slice it, 7-3 at halftime is damn close. 14-3 through 3 is close. Those miscues by Vick were because of bonehead plays. He wasn't very good tonight. I was starting to wonder if he knew his players were wearing white tonight. They pull that against Texas, they'll be drilled.

Cry about the schedule all you want. They're comparable. If Texas takes care of business, they're going to the Rose Bowl. Know why? Because know one wants to see VaTech vs USC. They want to see history. They want to see Texas vs USC.

Read my other post Va. Tech plays 3<---THREE more currently ranked teams-He's got #6, #13, and #23 on his schedule to play. That's a total of 4 while Texas has played....errrr...Ohio State and a Tech team that has played no one near being ranked. The schedules are not even remotely comparable. LOOK again. History? Yeah...the history I rememer is 56 - 0 or something of that nature. Another Mack brown debacle.

bowiedawgs01
10-21-2005, 12:23 AM
You say, why is Texas ranked higher than VaTech?

Let's compare who they've actually beaten so far. Not the future games.

VaTech beat a #15 Georgia Tech team who is now #34 in both polls. That's it.

Texas beat #4 Ohio State who is now #13/14 in the polls.
Texas beat #24 Colorado who is now #30/33 in the polls.
And after this week, Texas may be able to add a #8/10 Texas Tech to their tally.

Don't complain when you don't have a leg to stand on.

bowiedawgs01
10-21-2005, 12:26 AM
Wow. VaTech has a tough schedule. That's wonderful. IF they get through it without losing (I doubt it), then they can cry. Till then, they haven't done jack.

Texas hasn't been beating awful teams like Maryland 28-9 this year. They dominate.

Hdshrinker
10-21-2005, 12:27 AM
You say, why is Texas ranked higher than VaTech?

Let's compare who they've actually beaten so far. Not the future games.

VaTech beat a #15 Georgia Tech team who is now #34 in both polls. That's it.

Texas beat #4 Ohio State who is now #13/14 in the polls.
Texas beat #24 Colorado who is now #30/33 in the polls.
And after this week, Texas may be able to add a #8/10 Texas Tech to their tally.

Don't complain when you don't have a leg to stand on.

34th??? Did you say 34th???? LOL>.....TCU beat OU when they were 7th Should they be ranked up there too???

Hdshrinker
10-21-2005, 12:29 AM
Wow. VaTech has a tough schedule. That's wonderful. IF they get through it without losing (I doubt it), then they can cry. Till then, they haven't done jack.

Texas hasn't been beating awful teams like Maryland 28-9 this year. They dominate.

they dominate pretenders..........Let'em play Notre Dame, UCLA, GA Tech, LSU, ALA, Georgia...ANY of the perennial powerhouses....

bowiedawgs01
10-21-2005, 12:31 AM
English. Do you speak it?

34th is Georgia Tech's current ranking. They used to be #15 before being exposed. But I'll give you the #15 ranking.

They still haven't beaten the caliber of teams Texas has so far (#4 and #24). If Texas wins Saturday, they'll have #8 as well.

Both teams will be 7-0. One will have a win over a #15 team. The other will have wins over #4, #8 and #24. You tell me who is more deserving of the #2 spot.

bowiedawgs01
10-21-2005, 12:32 AM
Let'em play Notre Dame, UCLA, GA Tech, LSU, ALA, Georgia

lmFao. VaTech doesn't play any of those teams listed except an exposed Georgia Tech team that you tried to slip in there. Give me a break.

Hdshrinker
10-21-2005, 12:49 AM
lmFao. VaTech doesn't play any of those teams listed except an exposed Georgia Tech team that you tried to slip in there. Give me a break.

I havent been talking about Va Tech all along....but they do have a harder record. Ive been talking about Texas...playing no one......they've played an over ranked Ohio State and nothing more......Beating Tech will still not afford them that credibility. TT has played no ranked teams...not one. Should TCU be ranked above TT? You ignored that question once already.....they beat an OU team that "was" #7...... you are talking about a Texas team who beat a currently ranked #12 or #13 team and a currently ranked errrrr.....#34???? LOLLOL and ranking them #2...... Almost ALL the teams I mentioned have harder schedules than Texas......

stevefoxsc
10-21-2005, 12:11 PM
ima go with texas if they keep up the good stuff.

bowiedawgs01
10-21-2005, 02:18 PM
and a currently ranked errrrr.....#34????

Ignoramus. Georgia Tech is 34th. Georgia Tech, as in VaTech's best win so far this season.

Get a life and try to get a clue.

garlandredraider
10-21-2005, 02:51 PM
Hey Blue.....

You said sometimes Reggie and Co. takes out Tech?

Since when? Tech has won 7 of the last 10 games with A&M. Reggie has beat Tech once...last year in OT.

Get off the hype of talking bad about other teams. Go TECH!

lonny23
10-21-2005, 02:53 PM
hahahaha....

Texas- 48
Tech-13

It will be 35....
You better stock up on beer. You're going to need it!

lonny23
10-21-2005, 03:01 PM

The only team UT has played is an an overrated Ohio St. squad.

UT and TT are both great teams and I expect a good game.

wide-e-wide
10-21-2005, 03:02 PM
Hey Blue.....

You said sometimes Reggie and Co. takes out Tech?

Since when? Tech has won 7 of the last 10 games with A&M. Reggie has beat Tech once...last year in OT.

Get off the hype of talking bad about other teams. Go TECH!

Call me crazy ...but wouldn't Reggie and Co. beating them last year qualify as sometimes?....hmmmmm

Hdshrinker
10-21-2005, 03:07 PM
Ignoramus. Georgia Tech is 34th. Georgia Tech, as in VaTech's best win so far this season.

Get a life and try to get a clue.

Ok moron...I'll try this one more time...at the end of the day who will Texas have played? An over rated ohio state team and ??? A Texas Tech team who has played no ranked opponent.

at the end of the day ALL the top 5 teams will have played MORE and higher ranked teams than Texas..........

at the end of the day the team Va Tech would have played 4 ranked teams a 5th of which was 15th when they played them (if you must keep spouting the ohio state game) Ga Tech, that you are knocking (who plays 6 high ranked opponents).

So on all accounts Va Teh should currently be ranked ahead of Texas....They aren't . Nouf said.....

BUT as I said earlier this isn't about Va. Tech but an over rated Texas team with a whining gurlie coach and don't try to tell me what a massive team Texas is because they haven't played anyone and until they do...they are pretenders with a pretender coach with some of the best talent in the nation......

wide-e-wide
10-21-2005, 03:08 PM
Who the hell is Ga. State ????

Hdshrinker
10-21-2005, 03:10 PM
Who the hell is Ga. State ????

LOL>..dang.....brb.........better?

wide-e-wide
10-21-2005, 03:12 PM
Are you admitting you made a mistake?
OMG alert the media...
A mistake...like me looking at the TV from 15 foot away
and not getting the score right?
Imagine that....you're human after all.

Texasfrog
10-21-2005, 03:12 PM
The only team UT has played is an an overrated Ohio St. squad.

UT and TT are both great teams and I expect a good game.

I love it.. Now Ohio St is overrated. Please come back here and say that after they win the Big-10 conference ok.

I guess then your excuse will be that the Big-10 conference is overrated. :rolleyes:

wide-e-wide
10-21-2005, 03:14 PM
It's haterism at it's finest Frog.
They all sound like aggy....excuses,excuses and more excuses...
Why not just say...Hey Texas is pretty good. Noooooo!
That would be too easy...They have to pick apart one of the greatest
teams in the long history of Texas football.

Hdshrinker
10-21-2005, 03:15 PM
I love it.. Now Ohio St is overrated. Please come back here and say that after they win the Big-10 conference ok.

I guess then your excuse will be that the Big-10 conference is overrated. :rolleyes:

Obviously lonny was right...they are no longer rated 6......look for them somewhere around 12-15th...down there at the bottom...

wide-e-wide
10-21-2005, 03:16 PM
Obviously lonny was right...they are no longer rated 6......look for them somewhere around 12-15th...down there at the bottom...

How is 12 the bottom of 25?
Somebody was writing love letters and folding them into those cute little patterns during math class.

Hdshrinker
10-21-2005, 03:16 PM

This is exactly what I am talking about when I question your drinking habits....*grin* GREATEST? :eek: How old were you during the Earl Cambell days wide?

Hdshrinker
10-21-2005, 03:17 PM
How is 12 the bottom of 25?
Somebody was writing love letters and folding them into those cute little patterns during math class.

It ain't at the top wide....... Top constitutes top 4 wide....comes after 3

lonny23
10-21-2005, 03:18 PM

I didn't say they're bad, but they have 2 losses early in the year.

Texasfrog

Jesus dude... the rankings will change over the course of the next month like the wind in Hurricane Wilma.

Just like Miami, Florida St and Boston College will be taking major droppings in the polls over the coarse of the next few weeks. Along with a couple of Big-12 teams (Texas opponent) rising in the polls.

Last week, next week and the future... the polls change..

Ohio St will be a top level team all season. Honestly they will probably win the Big-10 and settle in at about #10.

wide-e-wide
I said "one of"...
And during the Cambell days?...never heard of him...

But during the Earl Campbell days...I was young...like 4 or 5.

And Earl never won a national title...Vince will.

Hdshrinker
10-21-2005, 03:20 PM
Jesus dude... the rankings will change over the course of the next month like the wind in Hurricane Wilma.

Just like Miami, Florida St and Boston College will be taking major droppings in the polls over the coarse of the next few weeks. Along with a couple of Big-12 teams (Texas opponent) rising in the polls.

Last week, next week and the future... the polls change..

Ohio St will be a top level team all season. Honestly they will probably win the Big-10 and settle in at about #10.

Then they were clearly over rated at 6 when they played Texas...that's all lonny said...and I agree with him. They have been the best team Texas has played....

lonny23
10-21-2005, 03:21 PM
Stop crying. You guys are telling all of us how UT will win by 30 points and we know they're good. I say they're not as good as you think they are. Ohio St. lost to the Penn St. team that lost to Michigan who lost to several teams. That's why I said they're overrated. I know the Big 10 is a good conference, but it's not like Ohio St. is a worldbeater.

Hdshrinker
10-21-2005, 03:22 PM
I said "one of"...

Then you weren't old enough to understand what the greatest was until you saw that team...and more importantly that Back...... He made ricky look like a rookie....

Vince will??? Is he coming back next year ??? LOL..... he aint gonna do it this year, and no wide...he ain't gonna win the heisman.

lonny23
10-21-2005, 03:22 PM
I said "one of"...

Won't happen this year!

Hdshrinker
10-21-2005, 03:23 PM
Won't happen this year!

True genius

lonny23
10-21-2005, 03:30 PM
True genius
UT always gives me hope that the world is right. They HAVE to lose to somebody. It wouldn't be like Mack Brown to win a conference title or national championship! :p

wide-e-wide
10-21-2005, 03:30 PM
Then you weren't old enough to understand what the greatest was until you saw that team...and more importantly that Back...... He made ricky look like a rookie....

Vince will??? Is he coming back next year ??? LOL..... he aint gonna do it this year, and no wide...he ain't gonna win the heisman.

I don't know about Earl making Ricky look like a rookie. I saw and remember Earl's entire NFL career...he was awesome...but Ricky ain't bad either.

And yes as a matter of fact Vince is coming back next year to earn his degree...and win his 2nd national title.

And why all the down playing of Ohio St. The Buckeyes are a good team. Their linebacker corps gave Vince fits a couple of different times during that game.
They would totally destroy Baby Vick...I promise you.

Texasfrog
10-21-2005, 03:34 PM
Then they were clearly over rated at 6 when they played Texas...that's all lonny said...and I agree with him. They have been the best team Texas has played....

Let me ask you this...."who has Va Tech played ???" An overrated West Virginia team (Big East joke conference). Ga Tech who has losses now ? Va Tech hasnt played jack for top notch national teams. If you're going to argue that Ga Tech and WV are really top notch competition excuse me while I cough....

Ohio St is a HELL of alot better then WV and Ga Tech... 100% period !! Especially at the Horseshoe on a loud Saturday night.

Dont tell me that the ACC is heads and toes above the Big-12 either. The head to head competition doesnt show that at all.

Nebraska "KILLED" Wake Forest 33-3
Clemson beat Tx A&M on a last play FG - 25-24.
Miami beat Colorado - 23-3. (did you see what Texas did to Colorado ???)

The largest butt kicking of the year for Wake Forest wasnt (Florida St or Boston College).. it was Nebraska !!!

Boston College and Florida St are both "WAYYYYY" overrated this season so far and both will take a couple of more losses before the regular season is out. Miami will most likely get tagged twice more also.

At the end of the regular season both the ACC and Big-12 will have about 3 teams each in the top #25 and the (SOS) for Texas will probably be slightly ahead of Va Tech.

The BCS "experts" have already looked at (SOS) senerios and if all 3 teams go undefeated its going to be USC vs Texas in the Rose. :D

PS. But, dont be surprised to see Texas vs Va Tech in the Rose because honestly I think USC gets tagged by either UCLA or CAL before the seasons over.

Texasfrog
10-21-2005, 03:36 PM
I don't know about Earl making Ricky look like a rookie. I saw and remember Earl's entire NFL career...he was awesome...but Ricky ain't bad either.

And yes as a matter of fact Vince is coming back next year to earn his degree...and win his 2nd national title.

And why all the down playing of Ohio St. The Buckeyes are a good team. Their linebacker corps gave Vince fits a couple of different times during that game.

No kidding !!!! After watching a weak Maryland team give Va Tech everything they wanted for 3 quarters. I watched that game and knew right there that Texas would beat Va Tech like a drum. Honestly I dont even think that game would be close.

Hdshrinker
10-21-2005, 03:37 PM

I'm not hating on Ohio wide, they are a good team....top 10? I don't think so. They are the best team Texas has played, and that's what I am trying to tell you....that's ALL that Texas has to hang their hat on. Even you have to admit...TT is not something for Texas to hang their hat on as competition if/when they beat them. So who does Texas have that they can say we belong here because we beat......???? Who wide?

USC already has the Notre Dame game.....that was a heck of a game.... Va Tech if they are there, in the end will certainly have the credentials.... USC still has UCLA .......who will Texas have?

Hdshrinker
10-21-2005, 03:42 PM
Let me ask you this...."who has Va Tech played ???" An overrated West Virginia team (Big East joke conference). Ga Tech who has losses now ? Va Tech hasnt played jack for top notch national teams. If you're going to argue that Ga Tech and WV are really top notch competition excuse me while I cough....

Ohio St is a HELL of alot better then WV and Ga Tech... 100% period !! Especially at the Horseshoe on a loud Saturday night.

Dont tell me that the ACC is heads and toes above the Big-12 either. The head to head competition doesnt show that at all.

Nebraska "KILLED" Wake Forest 33-3
Clemson beat Tx A&M on a last play FG - 25-24.
Miami beat Colorado - 23-3. (did you see what Texas did to Colorado ???)

The largest butt kicking of the year for Wake Forest wasnt (Florida St or Boston College).. it was Nebraska !!!

Boston College and Florida St are both "WAYYYYY" overrated this season so far and both will take a couple of more losses before the regular season is out. Miami will most likely get tagged twice more also.

At the end of the regular season both the ACC and Big-12 will have about 3 teams each in the top #25 and the (SOS) for Texas will probably be slightly ahead of Va Tech.

The BCS "experts" have already looked at (SOS) senerios and if all 3 teams go undefeated its going to be USC vs Texas in the Rose. :D

PS. But, dont be surprised to see Texas vs Va Tech in the Rose because honestly I think USC gets tagged by either UCLA or CAL before the seasons over.

Rather than me repeat myself...read the back threads....I've showed several times almost everyone in the top 5 have harder schedules than Texas.... and no......if the 3 teams go undefeated, (and I seriously doubt mack can keep from screwing up...but maybe with this schedule he can) Texas will be the dream team...dreaming they were in it......

wide-e-wide
10-21-2005, 03:43 PM
How is any of this the Longhorns' fault..?
They play the teams on their schedule...period.
And as of right now...they are undefeated.
This is why there needs to be a playoff system. To eliminate
these stupid debates.

TheDuke
10-21-2005, 03:44 PM

If you think they are gonna put up more points on us then Nebraska then I would love to hear why?

Texasfrog
10-21-2005, 03:45 PM
I'm not hating on Ohio wide, they are a good team....top 10? I don't think so. They are the best team Texas has played, and that's what I am trying to tell you....that's ALL that Texas has to hang their hat on. Even you have to admit...TT is not something for Texas to hang their hat on as competition if/when they beat them. So who does Texas have that they can say we belong here because we beat......???? Who wide?

USC already has the Notre Dame game.....that was a heck of a game.... Va Tech if they are there, in the end will certainly have the credentials.... USC still has UCLA .......who will Texas have?

Texas has (Ohio St, Tx Tech, Colorado and most likely Nebraska) that will be top #25 when Texas played them. Plus despite what you think.. Texas is getting some nice (SOS) points from a couple of other Big-12 teams.

Texasfrog
10-21-2005, 03:52 PM
Rather than me repeat myself...read the back threads....I've showed several times almost everyone in the top 5 have harder schedules than Texas.... and no......if the 3 teams go undefeated, (and I seriously doubt mack can keep from screwing up...but maybe with this schedule he can) Texas will be the dream team...dreaming they were in it......

We'll see..but the the BCS gurus say your wrong.

Just keep praying that Fla St, BC and Miami run the rest of the table keep hanging in the top #20 (which sorry amigo...aint going to happen).

Like I said.. come Dec.1 the Texas (SOS) will be stronger. But, you allowed to keep dreaming.

ACC is overrated and the truth is coming out more and more each week. The voters saw that last week (especially with Fla St getting beat by a weak Va) team. Shoot.. Texas gained a 1st place vote last week and gained a bigger lead over Va Tech which many thought when the BCS poll came out Va Tech would be ahead of Texas... "OOPPPS".

Sorry the poll aint going to change much. The computer doesnt change much. But, when Florida St , Miami and BC get beat again "Its way over."

HOOKEM
10-21-2005, 04:17 PM
Ok.... So

Baylor beats SMU, SMU beats TCU, TCU beats OU, so does that mean Baylor will beat OU?..... I hope your players think like your fans.

Yes, you will play Ohio St. again, congrats. Now go beat up on your DII schools. (Sorry had to say it cause tech got it so much this year, lol)

Divide by one reciever dropping the ball in the end zone against OSU, and um we would have nothing to talk about. Yes tech did struggle at NU. Simular environment to OSU, esp. with it being their homecoming.

Its called a game for a reason. You play it. And if I am correct, I did watch the Mizzou vs Texas game and Texas was sucking it up in the first half as well. Both Tech and Texas came back to win by large margins, so who cares.

WRECK EM TECH!!!! BBQ BEVO!

Come get some crow after the game sand aggie.

Hdshrinker
10-21-2005, 04:23 PM
Texas has (Ohio St, Tx Tech, Colorado and most likely Nebraska) that will be top #25 when Texas played them. Plus despite what you think.. Texas is getting some nice (SOS) points from a couple of other Big-12 teams.

Neither Col or Nebraska are there, let's not count chickens before they hatch.

bowiedawgs01
10-21-2005, 05:26 PM
Who exactly is the moron? Your synapses don't seem to be firing correctly. Let me try this again. I'll type slower so you can understand it.

You keep saying the top 5 teams will have tougher schedules than Texas at the end of the year. What will Texas have over those teams at the end of the year? Uhhhh...an undefeated season? If Texas wins this weekend, they have the clearest shot of everyone left at an undefeated season. These other teams may have a slightly tougher schedule at the end of the year, but if they have a loss, they can shut up.

You constantly say VaTech WILL have a tougher schedule by year's end. Instead, why don't you rank them based on what has ALREADY happened so far? VaTech will lose a game this season, and then they can choke on their "tough schedule".

I've already gone over each team's wins. Not only are they comparable, Texas has the advantage, as they have defeated 2 (soon to be 3 hopefully) Top 25 teams to VaTech's 1.

A comparison...

Rank is Nationally. Yardage is per game. Highlighted in RED is the team that has the advantage in the respective statistic. The first 6 games for each team are calculated.

TEXAS
Rushing Offense: 5th 264.7
Passing Offense: 57th 229.8
Total Offense: 8th 494.5
Scoring Offense: 4th 45.7

Rushing Defense: 9th 92.3
Passing Defense: 6th 147.7
Total Defense: 3rd 240
Scoring Defense: 7th 14.0

NET Punting: 18th 38.5
Punt Returns: 19th 14.0
Kickoff Returns: 17th 24.9
Punt Return Defense: 14th 4.75
Kickoff Return Defense: 40th 19.5

3rd Down Eff: 14th 47.4%
4th Down Eff: 7th 75% (6/8)
3rd Down Defense: 37th 34.3%
4th Down Defense: 53rd 50% (4/8)

Virginia Tech

Rushing Offense: 32nd 177.7
Passing Offense: 88th 187.2
Total Offense: 65th 364.8
Scoring Offense: 11th 39.3

Rushing Defense: 20th 102.5
Passing Defense: 3rd 133.0
Total Defense: 2nd 235.5
Scoring Defense: 1st 9.0

NET Punting: 20th 37.9
Punt Returns: 60th 9.1
Kickoff Returns: 84th 19.5
Punt Return Defense: 15th 5.0
Kickoff Return Defense: 47th 19.9

3rd Down Eff: 49th 40.8%
4th Down Eff: 60th 50% (3/6)
3rd Down Defense: 25th 31.8%
4th Down Defense: 109th 80% (4/5)

You may wonder about the level of competition. Again, advantage highlighted in RED.

TEXAS Opponents' Averages

Rushing Offense: 188.5
Passing Offense: 177
Total Offense: 365.6
Scoring Offense: 25.9

Rushing Defense: 139.9
Passing Defense: 231.6
Total Defense: 371.6
Scoring Defense: 28.7

Virginia Tech Opponents' Averages

Rushing Offense: 144.6
Passing Offense: 176.2
Total Offense: 320.8
Scoring Offense: 20.6

Rushing Defense: 141
Passing Defense: 209.8
Total Defense: 350.8
Scoring Defense: 25.5

Texasfrog
10-21-2005, 06:42 PM
Neither Col or Nebraska are there, let's not count chickens before they hatch.

Let's see.. I love you people sometime. You say Va Tech beat a ranked Ga Tech team at the time (and for you its a valid pt right). Oh well then,,, Texas beat #24 Colorado last week junior. Colorado was #24 until Texas beat them just like Ga Tech was like #15th until Va Tech beat them.

They were both top #25 teams until Va Tech and Texas beat them.. Nuff said. :D

PS. When it's all said and done...both Colorado & Ga Tech are somewhere in the #23-#30 range.

Texasfrog
10-21-2005, 06:47 PM
Who exactly is the moron? Your synapses don't seem to be firing correctly. Let me try this again. I'll type slower so you can understand it.

You keep saying the top 5 teams will have tougher schedules than Texas at the end of the year. What will Texas have over those teams at the end of the year? Uhhhh...an undefeated season? If Texas wins this weekend, they have the clearest shot of everyone left at an undefeated season. These other teams may have a slightly tougher schedule at the end of the year, but if they have a loss, they can shut up.

You constantly say VaTech WILL have a tougher schedule by year's end. Instead, why don't you rank them based on what has ALREADY happened so far? VaTech will lose a game this season, and then they can choke on their "tough schedule".

I've already gone over each team's wins. Not only are they comparable, Texas has the advantage, as they have defeated 2 (soon to be 3 hopefully) Top 25 teams to VaTech's 1.

A comparison...

Rank is Nationally. Yardage is per game. Highlighted in RED is the team that has the advantage in the respective statistic. The first 6 games for each team are calculated.

TEXAS
Rushing Offense: 5th 264.7
Passing Offense: 57th 229.8
Total Offense: 8th 494.5
Scoring Offense: 4th 45.7

Rushing Defense: 9th 92.3
Passing Defense: 6th 147.7
Total Defense: 3rd 240
Scoring Defense: 7th 14.0

NET Punting: 18th 38.5
Punt Returns: 19th 14.0
Kickoff Returns: 17th 24.9
Punt Return Defense: 14th 4.75
Kickoff Return Defense: 40th 19.5

3rd Down Eff: 14th 47.4%
4th Down Eff: 7th 75% (6/8)
3rd Down Defense: 37th 34.3%
4th Down Defense: 53rd 50% (4/8)

Virginia Tech

Rushing Offense: 32nd 177.7
Passing Offense: 88th 187.2
Total Offense: 65th 364.8
Scoring Offense: 11th 39.3

Rushing Defense: 20th 102.5
Passing Defense: 3rd 133.0
Total Defense: 2nd 235.5
Scoring Defense: 1st 9.0

NET Punting: 20th 37.9
Punt Returns: 60th 9.1
Kickoff Returns: 84th 19.5
Punt Return Defense: 15th 5.0
Kickoff Return Defense: 47th 19.9

3rd Down Eff: 49th 40.8%
4th Down Eff: 60th 50% (3/6)
3rd Down Defense: 25th 31.8%
4th Down Defense: 109th 80% (4/5)

You may wonder about the level of competition. Again, advantage highlighted in RED.

TEXAS Opponents' Averages

Rushing Offense: 188.5
Passing Offense: 177
Total Offense: 365.6
Scoring Offense: 25.9

Rushing Defense: 139.9
Passing Defense: 231.6
Total Defense: 371.6
Scoring Defense: 28.7

Virginia Tech Opponents' Averages

Rushing Offense: 144.6
Passing Offense: 176.2
Total Offense: 320.8
Scoring Offense: 20.6

Rushing Defense: 141
Passing Defense: 209.8
Total Defense: 350.8
Scoring Defense: 25.5

I agree with you 100%. I also still strongly believe that by Dec.1 the (SOS) for Texas will be just as good if not slightly better then Va Tech.

Some of the Big-12 nobodies will rise up and some of the ACC somebodies will fade away.

TheProphet
10-21-2005, 09:58 PM
Statistics are so moot for this game. Tech runs up the score and Texas just benches its guys in the thrid quarter, who cares? Not only that but I think its funny that Vince is actually a better PASSER than Cody Hodges, if you watch them both play...

trbandchic
10-21-2005, 10:58 PM
I just want TECH to win...i also heard they are getting slc's QB next year... is this true?

Hdshrinker
10-21-2005, 11:53 PM
[QUOTE=bowiedawgs01]Who exactly is the moron? QUOTE]

You obviously are....and you saying over and over "Is not" doesn't make it so.

All the stats in the world mean nothing when they come against lay down teams.

You saying Va. Tech is going to lose a game doesn't make it so.

Other undefeated teams like Utah did not play for the National championship in years past, it's not a guarantee...especially when you've got a lay down schedule.

Hdshrinker
10-21-2005, 11:58 PM
Let's see.. I love you people sometime. You say Va Tech beat a ranked Ga Tech team at the time (and for you its a valid pt right). Oh well then,,, Texas beat #24 Colorado last week junior. Colorado was #24 until Texas beat them just like Ga Tech was like #15th until Va Tech beat them.

They were both top #25 teams until Va Tech and Texas beat them.. Nuff said. :D

PS. When it's all said and done...both Colorado & Ga Tech are somewhere in the #23-#30 range.

Frog you leap b4 you croak...... I brought that up because of comments like Texas played colorado. MY point has been all along the other top 5 schools all play tougher...lot tougher schedules...please read the thread b4 you comment.

Hdshrinker
10-21-2005, 11:59 PM
I agree with you 100%. I also still strongly believe that by Dec.1 the (SOS) for Texas will be just as good if not slightly better then Va Tech.

Some of the Big-12 nobodies will rise up and some of the ACC somebodies will fade away.

Some of this...some of that....voodoo U do..... more Texas smoke and mirrors...

wide-e-wide
10-22-2005, 05:42 PM
Lonny said NO WAY Texas beats Tech by 25
and numerous others said...Tech would score 30+ on Texas...

Where are all you losers at now?
ahhahahahahahahahahaha

It's okay...we might make an exception and give you a spot on the bandwagon....

in the words of Ali.....

I'm pretty...I'm so pretty...I'm a baaaaad man.

HOOKEM
10-22-2005, 05:52 PM
Come get some crow after the game sand aggie.

I got some hot fresh red raider (sand aggie) crow ready for you. Come get some.

wide-e-wide
10-22-2005, 05:55 PM
I got some hot fresh red raider (sand aggie) crow ready for you. Come get some.

Maybe we should offer them some free counseling....because they are obviously smoking crack...
Texas can't stop that passing attack....
Texas is over-rated...
Texas will be tested...

SHUT UP!

52-17

lonny23
10-22-2005, 08:54 PM

ahhahahahahahahahahaha

in the words of Ali.....

You know where I was at...over in the soccer forum when I wasn't watching the miserable game! :D

Hey, I can't help it. They moved the TV and furniture in the chow hall and messed up the Feng Sui! ;)

My only defense is that I hadn't seen Tech all year and didn't pay too much attention to the UT games that had been on. UT has a special team and maybe one of the all-time best college teams this year. I was just hoping for UT mistakes to keep Tech in the game when I saw how they were getting to Hodges in the 1st quarter.

lonny23
10-22-2005, 08:56 PM

ahhahahahahahahahahaha

in the words of Ali.....

I kinda figured my name would come up somewhere about the Tech game! :D

lonny23
10-22-2005, 08:57 PM
Maybe we should offer them some free counseling....because they are obviously smoking crack...
Texas can't stop that passing attack....
Texas is over-rated...
Texas will be tested...

SHUT UP!

52-17
You know, I think the last 52-17 game I watched was more fun!

wide-e-wide
10-22-2005, 09:00 PM
You know where I was at...over in the soccer forum when I wasn't watching the miserable game! :D

Hey, I can't help it. They moved the TV and furniture in the chow hall and messed up the Feng Sui! ;)

My only defense is that I hadn't seen Tech all year and didn't pay too much attention to the UT games that had been on. UT has a special team and maybe one of the all-time best college teams this year. I was just hoping for UT mistakes to keep Tech in the game when I saw how they were getting to Hodges in the 1st quarter.

Lonny...the fact that I was saying 30+ points was your first clue....
You should have had faith in your boy.

lonny23
10-22-2005, 09:05 PM
Lonny...the fact that I was saying 30+ points was your first clue....
You should have had faith in your boy.
I didn't know how much of a Longhorn homer you were. As much trash as you talked over Ohio St. and OU, it seemed like you were always going to blow up what UT could do.

TheProphet
10-22-2005, 10:30 PM
thats because UT can do anything it wants to. they are the best team in the country, period.

wide-e-wide
10-22-2005, 10:34 PM
thats because UT can do anything it wants to. they are the best team in the country, period.

It's 10:30 and OU just went to double OT with Baylor..........
and oh yeah...they still suck.

bowiedawgs01
10-22-2005, 10:51 PM
You obviously are....and you saying over and over "Is not" doesn't make it so.

All the stats in the world mean nothing when they come against lay down teams.

You saying Va. Tech is going to lose a game doesn't make it so.

Other undefeated teams like Utah did not play for the National championship in years past, it's not a guarantee...especially when you've got a lay down schedule.

You are such a freaking hypocrit. You accuse me of assuming VaTech loses, but then assume the rest of the Top5 will go undefeated. You don't come out and say that, but that is the only way their schedule will have anything to do with who is in the Rose Bowl. If they lose, their tough schedule doesn't mean ****. And if that wasn't your point, shut up. Your point was ******** and didn't make sense.

Some of the worst teams in the nation have the toughest schedules. Do you give them props? No. Why? Because they lose. If these Top5 teams with such tough schedules don't go undefeated, they can suck it.

And stats against lay down teams? Again, can you even read your native language in type? I compared the two teams' opponents. VaTech's opponents are just as much, if not more, lay downs as Texas'. Please prove me otherwise. And try doing so without conjecture. I provide actual facts, and you provide BS spewing forth from your mouth.

TEXAS TECH
STILL SECOND TIER

wide-e-wide
10-22-2005, 10:56 PM
bowie....
How about Vince doing the Heisman pose?
or Vince poppin' his collar in the endzone?
hahahahhahahahahaha

Dude if Stoops was coaching UT today..they would have won by 50+...

then again if Stoops was the coach I would slit my wrist....disregard...

HOOKEM
10-22-2005, 11:15 PM

now you know they are that good.
Enjoy your ride home.

Texasfrog
10-22-2005, 11:49 PM
now you know they are that good.
Enjoy your ride home.

Texas will gain 1st place votes after that game. There is many voters that already are saying its USC vs Texas in the Rose Bowl if they dont lose. :D

Go buy the tickets.

lonny23
10-23-2005, 06:35 AM
Texas will gain 1st place votes after that game. There is many voters that already are saying its USC vs Texas in the Rose Bowl if they dont lose. :D

Go buy the tickets.
They better get more votes. They deserve it.

Hdshrinker
10-23-2005, 08:50 AM
They better get more votes. They deserve it.

For what?

lonny23
10-23-2005, 09:02 AM
For what?
For having terrible colors! :p

OK, for being #1 in the nation.

Hdshrinker
10-23-2005, 09:09 AM
For having terrible colors! :p

OK, for being #1 in the nation.

It's an illusion...... smoke and mirrors and weak teams.....

lonny23
10-23-2005, 09:16 AM
Hey, them boys will beat anybody on the other side of the line. Look how Okam runs and he's HUGE!

dada
10-23-2005, 09:34 AM
And the "HATER OF THE WEEK" Awards goes to..........................

lonny23
10-23-2005, 09:41 AM
And the "HATER OF THE WEEK" Awards goes to..........................
Hey, a new award!

dada
10-23-2005, 09:47 AM
Hey, a new award!
Yep....we should have one every week. :D

lonny23
10-23-2005, 10:02 AM
Yep....we should have one every week. :D
Maybe I should get poster of the week. Either that or nuisance of the week. :D I just set a record for # of posts in a 24-hour period with 544.

dada
10-23-2005, 10:13 AM
Maybe I should get poster of the week. Either that or nuisance of the week. :D I just set a record for # of posts in a 24-hour period with 544.
I just noticed that.....lol the life of a government worker.

lonny23
10-23-2005, 10:26 AM
I just noticed that.....lol the life of a government worker.
I did this in all off-duty time, though.

KT2000
10-24-2005, 09:30 AM
Man, I need to write a letter of apology to the UT defense for underestimating them. I picked a 52-20 score. I'm ashamed.

lonny23
10-26-2005, 01:53 PM
Man, I need to write a letter of apology to the UT defense for underestimating them. I picked a 52-20 score. I'm ashamed.
You'll get yours in due time, KT2000! Don't forget Mack is still the coach and he won't always have a team that wins in spite of him. One of these days, Mack will have to outcoach somebody and he'll fail when he tries. UT has too much talent for Mack to mess it up this year. All bets are off for future years.

Hdshrinker
10-26-2005, 04:37 PM
You'll get yours in due time, KT2000! Don't forget Mack is still the coach and he won't always have a team that wins in spite of him. One of these days, Mack will have to outcoach somebody and he'll fail when he tries. UT has too much talent for Mack to mess it up this year. All bets are off for future years.

LOL.....wait till he runs into the Trojan

wide-e-wide
10-26-2005, 05:06 PM
Too bad you didn't run into a Trojan...
I guess the Pharmacy was closed on Sunday.