PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Disappointment Next Fall

LongviewLobo209
05-16-2005, 01:02 AM
Who do you think will be the ultimate disappointment of next year in each region?

I think the team that will not live up to its hype in East Texas is Tyler Lee. I could be wrong, but I dont feel to confident about them this year. However, I didn't feel confident about them last year, but they got an easy road to the title and won it all. Gotta give them their props.

I'm not sure about the Dallas, Houston, SA, Austin, Central, and West Texas areas.

What do all of you think?

Texas Hammer
05-16-2005, 02:31 AM
Who do you think will be the ultimate disappointment of next year in each region?

I think the team that will not live up to its hype in East Texas is Tyler Lee. I could be wrong, but I dont feel to confident about them this year. However, I didn't feel confident about them last year, but they got an easy road to the title and won it all. Gotta give them their props.

I'm not sure about the Dallas, Houston, SA, Austin, Central, and West Texas areas.

I don't know because I haven't seen the returning numbers, but I'll throw 2 teams out there. Westfield has skill guys on offense, but is losing some on the line. I know they lost 3 DB's and somebody said they're losing the DL, which means they could fail to live up to the hype.

The other team is SLC. I'm not saying they'll be bad, but eventually they'll have a year where they don't go undefeated or get to the title game. Maybe that year is this year.

dragonsdaddy
05-16-2005, 07:55 AM
i agree with the tool. someday it is bound to happen that slc doesn't make the finals. would that automatically mean they were failures? has everyone in the state become convinced that the dragons are shoo-ins? dodge's and the boys' goals to start the season don't include a trip to the big game. this episode will be well prepared and with some big play by whoever ends up at rb, will do well. just like always, injuries can short-circuit a team. slc will not be the disappointment this season. i really think there is a greater than zero chance that pesh will implode this year and miss the po's altogether as they have to pull the ringo wool away from their eyes.

odessapermian.com
05-16-2005, 10:22 AM
In 3-5A

Midland High. They lost two good QBs (co-starters), and their best clutch receiver. I didn't think they were much better than the 3 teams that didn't make the playoffs in 2004. They do have a very fast athlete in Barron Batch, but he is prone to multiple fumblitis.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-16-2005, 10:23 AM
I think it might be Laredo Nixon.........LOL!

htownfootball
05-16-2005, 11:27 AM
i would say katy for losing aston and their stud linebacker, but katy never dissapoints.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-16-2005, 11:43 AM
i would say katy for losing aston and their stud linebacker, but katy never dissapoints.
I remember the last time somebody told me Katy was re-building, they beat us and then won state over SLC so anything can happen.

LeanderLions3033
05-16-2005, 11:46 AM
East Texas- Tyler Lee
West Texas- Midland Lee (the loss of Jamie McCoy is gonna hurt alot more than many think)
Austin- Cedar Park (i dont know what kind of state wide hype they're getting but they lost everybody, lets leave it at that)
Dallas- Denton Ryan
SA- i have no idea actually
Houston- Katy (i could say the same about SLC and Aaron Luna, but losing a guy in the backfield like James Aston will hurt this team alot)
Supercentex- Waco (losing alot of talent, and i've had these same feelings about Waco for a long time, if you can remember the arguments ive had with supercentex when my screen name was LHSgimp3033)

Surpise teams from each region

East Texas- theres never really a suprise team, they're all good
West Texas- Cooper will be back
Austin- Leander should be back (not trying to be biased but the core of our team is back) and another team for everybody to watch out for is RR McNeil (keep a close eye on them, QB is back, RB is back, most of Oline is back, and core of Defense is back, after a strong year losing to eventual state champion Tyler Lee)
Dallas- South Garland
SA- If you watched the championship game you'd agree with me about SV
Houstin- Jersey Village
Supercentex- Bryan

Just my two cents, give me your thoughts on these predictions.

dragonsdaddy
05-16-2005, 12:27 PM
dr on paper won't wow anyone, but the intangible strength that joflo brings to every game will be a stabilizer. they will be weaker in a generally weaker district. still the second best team, but not state ranked, or deserving of same. they will probably be a third round player.

CoppellCowboy57
05-16-2005, 01:26 PM
I think The Green People will be decent this year, not as strong as they have been, but decent...idk maybe its just me who thinks that

dragonsdaddy
05-16-2005, 01:43 PM
in comparison to the knowns at qb and rb last year, slc will be at least less certain. putting 4 receivers on the field who performed admirably to incredibly in big games last year is quite a boon to the dragons chances. the defense has looked strong this spring too. they aren't deep in a few positions so injuries will be key. decent compared to gpns of 2003 is probably a pretty good guess. good enough to win it all. time will tell, but i wouldn't bet against it right this minute.

Redclad
05-16-2005, 02:35 PM
Those of you that think Katy will be down simply because of the loss of Aston will be sadly mistaken. They may have the best overall team speed that they have ever had. They will have two very good running backs in Brandon King and Aundre Dean who as a Freshman was called up for the playoffs and rushed for his first varsity TD. They return a QB in Andy Dalton who is much more of a passer and played for the most part every third series and was very solid running the 7 on 7 team last year while Gayhart stayed with summer baseball. The O line will be as good as every with depth. The D line will be improved and the secondary perhaps as good as any in the state. The only question they have will be at LB. I am as confident in this team as I was in the one going into 2000 that went undefeated as state champions. Look for more air in the Katy attack as well as special team play that can break games open. Once behind and forced to pass, opponents may soon find that the worse of two evils.

dragonsdaddy
05-16-2005, 02:41 PM
if you won't be passing until you are behind, i don't expect many stats thru the airways.

Redclad
05-16-2005, 03:38 PM
I may have made my point poorly. I was referring to opposing offenses being behind and forced to pass. Katy I think, will be putting it in the air fairly often, using the pass to open the ground game as much as the opposite. Dalton is probably as much a pure passer as the Tigers have had. I think the key to him will be his mobility. The O Line you guys saw in 2003 may not have been overall better than this group could be. Aston was pretty much a one man show at RB. The FB you guys saw was a great blocker and could catch out of the backfield as well. Katy will have a choice between two FBs that could be as good. They will be much faster at WR and have a very good TE. My point is that losing a great back is something Katy has been through before. SLC is no different, it is like someone suggested, SLC is not going to come apart from losing Luna or Daniels.

LP-79
05-16-2005, 04:45 PM
In my opinion Tyler Lee may be a dissapointment in preseason. To much hype! I think they will play tough in their games but the results will be they will fall short. In district play I see them as the second or third place team. Third or fourth round run in playoffs. If that is falling short of expectations I am sure there are a lot of teams out there that would love to fall short! IMHO if Longview does not beat Lufkin ( If they meet in Playoffs ) and win State they will be the biggest dissapointment in the State! Read the posts by their fans and players on here, and other sites and you would agree with this statement! I think Tyler John Tyler may be the spoiler in their district. They may sneak into that fourth place playoff position that Everybody including me thinks is bogus! Go back to 2 playoff teams from each district!

GoOwls
05-16-2005, 05:14 PM
i agree with the tool. someday it is bound to happen that slc doesn't make the finals. would that automatically mean they were failures? has everyone in the state become convinced that the dragons are shoo-ins? dodge's and the boys' goals to start the season don't include a trip to the big game. this episode will be well prepared and with some big play by whoever ends up at rb, will do well. just like always, injuries can short-circuit a team. slc will not be the disappointment this season. i really think there is a greater than zero chance that pesh will implode this year and miss the po's altogether as they have to pull the ringo wool away from their eyes.

Remember though, when everybody aspires to beat you and not winning state is a bad year, you are in a place that about 240 other 5A squads would love to be in. Savor your time there and savor your rule. "IT'S GOOD TO BE KING"! :)

RGVBadBoy
05-16-2005, 05:45 PM
East Texas- Tyler Lee

Surpise teams from each region

SA- If you watched the championship game you'd agree with me about SV
Just my two cents, give me your thoughts on these predictions.
believe me, Smithson Valley hasnt suprised anyone, they are a great team with great athletes, i was NOT suprised at all to see them in the state title game against SLC, i wouldnt be suprised to see them FINALLY win a state title......so suprise team in STexas, NO......

my suprise teams in S.Texas will be
Victoria Memorial
Harlingen
Sharyland

lonny23
05-16-2005, 07:30 PM
Remember though, when everybody aspires to beat you and not winning state is a bad year, you are in a place that about 240 other 5A squads would love to be in. Savor your time there and savor your rule. "IT'S GOOD TO BE KING"! :)
That's so true. It's far better to have everybody expect you to do good than for people to ignore you. Any playoff success brings a certain level of satisfaction, but I'm always disappointed when Judson doesn't win state.

lonny23
12-04-2005, 08:31 AM

10-4.

lonny23
12-04-2005, 08:32 AM
I don't know because I haven't seen the returning numbers, but I'll throw 2 teams out there. Westfield has skill guys on offense, but is losing some on the line. I know they lost 3 DB's and somebody said they're losing the DL, which means they could fail to live up to the hype.

The other team is SLC. I'm not saying they'll be bad, but eventually they'll have a year where they don't go undefeated or get to the title game. Maybe that year is this year.
Great year for both teams. Without a title, it is disappointing.

lonny23
12-04-2005, 08:33 AM
That won't be the last time somebody calls me a tool!:D

odessapermian.com
12-04-2005, 10:13 AM
Thanks for dragging this back up Lonny. I was just a wee bit off on my analysis of Midland High. :o