PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Wilma

Cujo
10-17-2005, 10:58 AM
I may not be any good at predicting football games, but I'm pretty confident in this one....

Hurricane Wilma (that is currently a Tropical Storm) will hit the Gulf Coast sometime this weekend, will be at least a Cat. 4 and will be equal to the likes of Katrina and Rita. So if you're on the coast, please take warning. I really hope I'll be eating some crow in a week, but I highly doubt it.

Redneckn
10-17-2005, 04:15 PM
I'm gonna say a Cat. 3 and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will zero in on NO. If it doesnt get hit again, those morons are just going to fix the dam and rebuild. It needs to be filled in with dirt and made kind of in a mound shape if they are going to insist on rebuilding that dump.

I'm gonna be in Conroe this weekend.. So I dont care where it lands at. I'll be close enough to Austin to get far away if I have to.

Its In The Bag
10-17-2005, 05:35 PM
stupid hurricanes be hating on all my Texas pimps

...lol theirs a picture that goes with that, i wish i could link it to ya'll

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/scarface6590/paulwall.jpg

dragons08
10-17-2005, 08:56 PM
I may not be any good at predicting football games, but I'm pretty confident in this one....

Hurricane Wilma (that is currently a Tropical Storm) will hit the Gulf Coast sometime this weekend, will be at least a Cat. 4 and will be equal to the likes of Katrina and Rita. So if you're on the coast, please take warning. I really hope I'll be eating some crow in a week, but I highly doubt it.
another cane? i guess its just part of the cycle

lonny23
10-18-2005, 11:34 AM
It's the first time they've ever gotten to W.

I'm still waiting for Hurricane Lonny. That's going to be a bad one! :D

dragons08
10-18-2005, 09:09 PM
It's the first time they've ever gotten to W.

I'm still waiting for Hurricane Lonny. That's going to be a bad one! :D
so whats the whole system then? each year they start at a? and switch off boy girl boy girl..

Cujo
10-18-2005, 10:38 PM
so whats the whole system then? each year they start at a? and switch off boy girl boy girl..
As far as I understand it, that's correct. I think they have 5 sets of names, alternating boy and girl, that they go through every 5 years, and if it's a really big and destructive hurricane, they retire the name.

If they ever get to Hurricane Lonny, I think that 'Cane would be a bunch of little bitty hurricanes clustered together instead of a really big one......... much like his posts :p

wide-e-wide
10-18-2005, 11:28 PM
They finally get to "W" and they don't name it Wideman?
I call BS on that...

Cujo
10-18-2005, 11:39 PM
They finally get to "W" and they don't name it Wideman?
I call BS on that...
It was the girl's turn for the name. You wouldn't want Wideman to be known as a female name, would you? :p

of course I guess they could've gone with Widewoman. lol

lonny23
10-19-2005, 12:27 AM
As far as I understand it, that's correct. I think they have 5 sets of names, alternating boy and girl, that they go through every 5 years, and if it's a really big and destructive hurricane, they retire the name.

If they ever get to Hurricane Lonny, I think that 'Cane would be a bunch of little bitty hurricanes clustered together instead of a really big one......... much like his posts :p
You haven't been around here for very long, because I'm the KING of Category 5 posts! I just give you a lot of Cat 1's, too.

I've had posts that have taken me 2 hours to write.

lonny23
10-19-2005, 12:29 AM
It was the girl's turn for the name. You wouldn't want Wideman to be known as a female name, would you? :p

All I have to say is I'm going to be nice! :D

Cujo
10-19-2005, 12:38 AM
You haven't been around here for very long, because I'm the KING of Category 5 posts! I just give you a lot of Cat 1's, too.

I've had posts that have taken me 2 hours to write.
lol... I know, I'm just playin with you

and you too wide, just so you know :p

Cujo
10-19-2005, 03:53 AM

UPDATE:
For those who haven't been keeping up with it.....

Hurricane Wilma is now a full fledged Category 5 and is currently on the projected path to slam into Flordia early Sunday morning. NOAA says it will make a 45 northeast turn once it passes Cuba. I'm not sure why they have Wilma making such a drastic change in direction, but they're usually not very accurate this early in the projection, so who knows where it'll end up.

wide-e-wide
10-19-2005, 07:36 AM

My wife's name is Wideman...so that would have been cool.

dragons08
10-19-2005, 03:37 PM

i think i have more of the little bitty cluster ones

garlandowl08
10-19-2005, 10:02 PM
http://www.livescience.com/forcesofnature/050919_hurricane_names.html

http://www.fema.gov/kids/hunames3.htm

Lonny, if you ever want to see Hurricane Lonny, you better hope tehre is a big Hurricane Lorenzo or something so a boy L name is retired...and btw it goes in cycles of six, instead of 5.

On one part of the FEMA site, I read tehre is/was a Hurricane Larry and a Hurricane Lenny...but no Lonny...

lonny23
10-20-2005, 12:58 PM
http://www.livescience.com/forcesofnature/050919_hurricane_names.html

http://www.fema.gov/kids/hunames3.htm

Lonny, if you ever want to see Hurricane Lonny, you better hope tehre is a big Hurricane Lorenzo or something so a boy L name is retired...and btw it goes in cycles of six, instead of 5.

On one part of the FEMA site, I read tehre is/was a Hurricane Larry and a Hurricane Lenny...but no Lonny...
Watch out for Hurricane Oscar. I bet it's a real grouch! :D

Cujo
10-20-2005, 03:05 PM
Watch out for Hurricane Oscar. I bet it's a real grouch! :D
:rolleyes:

Or how bout Rafael two canes later. I think he'll need a little "boost" to get as big as he can. :p

lonny23
10-20-2005, 03:16 PM
:rolleyes:

Or how bout Rafael two canes later. I think he'll need a little "boost" to get as big as he can. :p
That's good. I was going to mention another one, but forgot.

Cujo
10-20-2005, 03:21 PM
That's good. I was going to mention another one, but forgot.
Something about Hurricane Gordon being beat to the coast by another 'Cane perhaps??? :p lol

lonny23
10-21-2005, 10:04 AM
With the cutback they expect this hurricane to make, it needs to be named Emmitt or Barry! :D