PDA

View Full Version : GoodBye Y'all

CoppellCowboy57
10-16-2005, 05:13 PM
Well, The time has come. This indeed may be my last post on 5ATexasFootball.Com for sometime now (baring seeing somthing intersting on the board between now and the time my recruiter comes and picks me up). I look forward to comeback next January as a Marine, and telling my story to you guys. The people football fans around the state of Texas, make TX HS Football what it is todo. I miss y'all alot, please pray for me, and write to me.

Once again, men it has been a pleasure knowing you guys...Good luck to you and your teams, and keep me updated on my Cowboys and the playoffs

wide-e-wide
10-16-2005, 05:16 PM
maybe that wasn't the best idea.

lonny23
10-16-2005, 07:15 PM
Now, I'll take it off.

stevefoxsc
10-17-2005, 03:14 PM
you guys are insane posting your address online there are some sickos out there >.<

dada
10-17-2005, 03:16 PM
you guys are insane posting your address online there are some sickos out there >.<
I think if there ARE any stalkers out there...the LAST people they want to stalk are Wide and Lonny...lol

Redneckn
10-17-2005, 04:09 PM

I heard on the scanner last nite they picked up some folks from Longview over at Wides house.. They were looking in the windows at Wide while he was showering and drinking beer.

Nobody is gonna go all the way to Krgybextiozeiam-I-stan to stalk Lonny though.

GTown02
10-17-2005, 05:36 PM
I heard on the scanner last nite they picked up some folks from Longview over at Wides house.. They were looking in the windows at Wide while he was showering and drinking beer.

At least you hope someone wouldnt go to all that trouble....

ktCarl
10-17-2005, 06:29 PM

GREAT POST!! LMAO!! :D

Its In The Bag
10-17-2005, 06:33 PM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/scarface6590/nolol.gif

stevefoxsc
10-17-2005, 06:52 PM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/scarface6590/nolol.gif

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/sucks2.jpg

dragons08
10-17-2005, 08:58 PM
I think if there ARE any stalkers out there...the LAST people they want to stalk are Wide and Lonny...lol
you make a good point there

ThEgReAtOnE
10-17-2005, 10:02 PM
Take care kid,
And whether we're the Garland Owls, Southlake Carroll Dragons, Spring Westfield Mustangs, Longview Lobos, Abilene Eagles, Carter Cowboys, Lufkin Panthers, Smithson Valley Rangers, Plano Wildcats, Denton Ryan Raiders, Katy Tigers, Coperas Cove Bulldawgs, Euless Trinity Trojans, Converse Judson Rockets, North Shore Mustangs, Tyler Lee Red Raiders, Schertz Clemens Buffaloes...or any of the other 1300 Texas High Schools...we're ONE..united!!

You're what's good about this country!

OohRah,
ThEgReAtOnE

GIVE'EM HELL!!!!!!!!!

Its In The Bag
10-17-2005, 10:07 PM
Take care kid,
And whether we're the Garland Owls, Southlake Carroll Dragons, Spring Westfield Mustangs, Longview Lobos, Abilene Eagles, Carter Cowboys, Lufkin Panthers, Smithson Valley Rangers, Plano Wildcats, Denton Ryan Raiders, Katy Tigers, Coperas Cove Bulldawgs, Euless Trinity Trojans, Converse Judson Rockets, North Shore Mustangs, Tyler Lee Red Raiders, Schertz Clemens Buffaloes...or any of the other 1300 Texas High Schools...we're ONE..united!!

You're what's good about this country!

OohRah,
ThEgReAtOnE

GIVE'EM HELL!!!!!!!!!

you forgot to put Madison Mavericks, they're better then some of those teams lol

oh yeah and let me make an opinion here without any criticism
I believe that war is wrong, and that you should have never signed up for the marines. Great young people are going off and dying for the wrong reasons in this Iraqi war...in fact joining the army all together is a stupid idea. But...we do need people to do it, and im sorry but we do. I just don't support it, and I would never join the army, or support a war made by a Republican president due to his views off this so called "terrorism" when we really know what it is
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/scarface6590/Miserable-Failure---Dar-Al-.jpg

dragons08
10-17-2005, 10:11 PM
and that you should have never signed up for the marines.
i understand what your saying..but he wants to help the country out, give back to thie country, and you put him down like that?? i hope he doesnt have to read that

ThEgReAtOnE
10-17-2005, 10:15 PM
you forgot to put Madison Mavericks, they're better then some of those teams lol

I believe that war is wrong, and that you should have never signed up for the marines. Great young people are going off and dying for the wrong reasons in this Iraqi war...in fact joining the army all together is a stupid idea. But...we do need people to do it, and im sorry but we do. I just don't support it, and I would never join the army, or support a war made by a Republican president due to his views off this so called "terrorism" when we really know what it is
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/scarface6590/Miserable-Failure---Dar-Al-.jpg

Respect your view, but you should of probably started a new post. This young man is leaving for the first true challenge of his adult life, and you get on his last post and shout how stupid it is for him to, essentially, be doing what he's doing!

Again, I totally respect your opinion, but c'mon...not on this thread!!

Its In The Bag
10-17-2005, 10:18 PM
Respect your view, but you should of probably started a new post. This young man is leaving for the first true challenge of his adult life, and you get on his last post and shout how stupid it is for him to, essentially, be doing what he's doing!

Again, I totally respect your opinion, but c'mon...not on this thread!!

im not saying that hes stupid, im just putting my opinion on it, i support him fully if it is what he belives in, because i believe in people who believe in themselves. Anotehr thread would waste space and just cause too much drama....this was simple to the point and i felt it was on topic
thank you, good luck CC

ThEgReAtOnE
10-17-2005, 10:28 PM
im not saying that hes stupid, im just putting my opinion on it, i support him fully if it is what he belives in, because i believe in people who believe in themselves. Anotehr thread would waste space and just cause too much drama....this was simple to the point and i felt it was on topic
thank you, good luck CC

You could of posted that anywhere, yet you come to his LAST post and blast your political views! Again, I love to hear peoples different view points, but you had an agenda, and that agenda was for him to see your opinion, face to face....before he leaves to do something you obviously despise!

I'm sorry...I just think you could of went through the extra steps to create a POST of your own. (Time consuming or not.)

But again, I totallly respect your opinion and/or view!

dragons08
10-17-2005, 10:32 PM
You could of posted that anywhere, yet you come to his LAST post and blast your political views! Again, I love to hear peoples different view points, but you had an agenda, and that agenda was for him to see your opinion, face to face....before he leaves to do something you obviously despise!

I'm sorry...I just think you could of went through the extra steps to create a POST of your own. (Time consuming or not.)

But again, I totallly respect your opinion and/or view!
yea i agree with thegreatone, but he wasnt around to read it btw, he left...early monday

Gooseisland10
10-18-2005, 02:49 AM
I don't care what you political views are. I think drugs are wrong and if some kid died of an OD I wouldn'd post how wrong drugs are and how he should of never taken them instead give condulunces... Same goes for this, some kid is going to fight for your unthankful worthless butt and you come posting how he should of never joined and post your political views in a thread about a kid saying goodbye to something he is really passoniate about. Please go get a life, I have never read a post on this website that has made me this upset and I hope you go get a brain and a clue before you post such ignorant comments!

ktchamp97
10-18-2005, 10:53 AM
As if his "clever" picture responses to bhs06's thread weren't classless and insensitive enough, he comes up with this gem. That is a perfect illustration of "How to get banned."

People come on here and feel comfortable enough to express some really personal stuff and they should be able to do so without this kind of crap being posted. Sorry, but I will not have that kind of stuff on here...ever.

lonny23
10-18-2005, 11:07 AM
As if his "clever" picture responses to bhs06's thread weren't classless and insensitive enough, he comes up with this gem. That is a perfect illustration of "How to get banned."

People come on here and feel comfortable enough to express some really personal stuff and they should be able to do so without this kind of crap being posted. Sorry, but I will not have that kind of stuff on here...ever.
Thanks, Ktchamp97.

My question is why didn't he ever say anything to Wide, Scooter, Mad Fan, and me. If he read enough posts, he'd know we were all in or currently still in the military. Scooter and me are still in the Air Force.

lonny23
10-18-2005, 11:09 AM
That's true, but I did it for a reason. I know people want to get letters in Basic and to write to others. It's worth it to me.

lonny23
10-18-2005, 11:11 AM
I don't think we're at the top of most people's list. Maybe Longview, though! :D

implacable44
10-18-2005, 03:09 PM
what is up with in the bag - was that Al Franken ? Howard Dean ? That sounded like some serious rhetoric - like he just regurgitates everything he hears on air america or CNN - or 60 minutes. Anyone who starts dropping the President lied automatically loses credibility - anyone who knows the facts - knows that EVERYONE from PUTIN to Jaque Chirac to Clinton and on and on had the same intelligence.

anyway - god bless this young man in his service and Return with Honor.

GoOwls
10-18-2005, 05:25 PM
Thanks, Ktchamp97.

My question is why didn't he ever say anything to Wide, Scooter, Mad Fan, and me. If he read enough posts, he'd know we were all in or currently still in the military. Scooter and me are still in the Air Force.

Right Lonny, and you can kind of throw me into that mix as I haven't been exactly closed mouthed about my kid being in Iraq and the other in Afghanistan and both being in the infantry, on the ground and kicking in doors.

Its good the KT's did what they did and remove someone who is as classless and thankless as that. Those posts were just wrong.

Reaganrattler07
10-18-2005, 07:04 PM

Ah ok, I finally see why he got banned.....he sure liked posting pictures...and then that...piece of work.....champ, you did the right thing, he should've been banned.

dragons08
10-18-2005, 09:13 PM

good move kt, i was really getting fed up with him yesterday

dragons08
10-18-2005, 09:14 PM
That's true, but I did it for a reason. I know people want to get letters in Basic and to write to others. It's worth it to me.
lonny you want letters? im going to write cc57 one pretty soon and if you like to read them and stuff, i can write one to you as well

lonny23
10-19-2005, 12:43 AM
lonny you want letters? im going to write cc57 one pretty soon and if you like to read them and stuff, i can write one to you as well
Hey, anything that takes you away from the Fourm! :D

Yeah, that would be cool.

Reaganrattler07
10-19-2005, 06:06 PM

Heck, that's easy enough....someone start up an account claiming to be a hot chick and using the hot chick account, tell Dragons08 to meet him in....lets see....a park....and tell him to go there from 4-8 on weekdays....easy enough.

OR

and we use your money on this one Lonny....buy him a time consuming video game...

GoOwls
10-19-2005, 10:01 PM
Skins, you have a dark talent.....a very dark talent. :D

garlandowl08
10-19-2005, 10:05 PM

Hahahaha, very well put. I think we better stay on his good side...

Reaganrattler07
10-19-2005, 10:48 PM

I wonder if a Guest reading this is gonna start up a "HotChick" account... :eek:

wide-e-wide
10-19-2005, 11:01 PM
CC57 is almost a week into boot camp and his thread is still going strong...
I say we keep it alive until he comes back.

Reaganrattler07
10-19-2005, 11:02 PM
CC57 is almost a week into boot camp and his thread is still going strong...
I say we keep it alive until he comes back.

Leave it to me and Dragons....

wide-e-wide
10-19-2005, 11:03 PM
He would freak ...if he came back and his goodbye thread was still alive and kickin'.

Reaganrattler07
10-19-2005, 11:05 PM
He would freak ...if he came back and his goodbye thread was still alive and kickin'.

Hmmm...course we'd have to go off topic...a lot.

wide-e-wide
10-19-2005, 11:08 PM
Or just occasionally post "Semper Fi CC57" to keep it alive.

Reaganrattler07
10-19-2005, 11:09 PM

That would work too....

ThEgReAtOnE
10-19-2005, 11:12 PM

Lets do it.....for cc57!!

wide-e-wide
10-19-2005, 11:19 PM
If you see it slippin' off the front page...do it. I'll do it.....

lonny23
10-19-2005, 11:30 PM
Hmmm...course we'd have to go off topic...a lot.
When don't we go off topic? All it takes is a post every 4 or 5 days. It won't go much past page 4 or 5 if we post once or twice a week.

lonny23
10-19-2005, 11:32 PM
I won't go as far to say that phrase because there's too much Air Force in me! :D I've always said that's latin for SIMPLIFY! :p

Reaganrattler07
10-20-2005, 09:57 AM
First one...technically:

Semper Fi CC57

Mr. Buddy Garrity
10-20-2005, 10:50 AM
Great job man. I just talked with my MSgt and told her i'm gonna RE-ENLIST. See u in January.

lonny23
10-20-2005, 12:35 PM
Great job man. I just talked with my MSgt and told her i'm gonna RE-ENLIST. See u in January.
Congrats. Any job where you can talk to me during the day and hang out on the football forum can't be too bad! :D

wide-e-wide
10-20-2005, 12:38 PM
I won't go as far to say that phrase because there's too much Air Force in me! :D I've always said that's latin for SIMPLIFY! :p

My Senior Cheif used to say..."Semper Gumby" always flexible...
Meaning if you've done something one way...always be prepared to do it
totally different after the brass gets a hold of it.

lonny23
10-20-2005, 12:42 PM
My Senior Cheif used to say..."Semper Gumby" always flexible...
Meaning if you've done something one way...always be prepared to do it
totally different after the brass gets a hold of it.
That would be the way that makes absolutely no sense. If it made sense, they wouldn't tell you to do it that way! :D

wide-e-wide
10-20-2005, 12:47 PM
Yep..that's it.

The way...that when the order comes down..you look at everyone in formation and mouth the words...What the ....? Yeah that one...

dada
10-20-2005, 03:38 PM
Ok...here's my daily Semper Fi to keep this going......

Semper Fi

mad_fan
10-20-2005, 04:43 PM

I'm gonna add you to the list of all the credit card companies that send me applications! :p

dragons08
10-20-2005, 06:15 PM
Heck, that's easy enough....someone start up an account claiming to be a hot chick and using the hot chick account, tell Dragons08 to meet him in....lets see....a park....and tell him to go there from 4-8 on weekdays....easy enough.

OR

and we use your money on this one Lonny....buy him a time consuming video game...
got a gf buddy :D

dragons08
10-20-2005, 06:17 PM
so you need me to keep this thread going and off topic some what...i wont let you guys down!!!

wide-e-wide
10-20-2005, 06:38 PM
got a gf buddy :D

So if a hot chick came on this board...and you knew she was hot...and she was diggin' you...You would say....sorry...gotta GF buddy?

You are failing miserably at this whole pimp thing D08.

dragons08
10-20-2005, 07:03 PM
So if a hot chick came on this board...and you knew she was hot...and she was diggin' you...You would say....sorry...gotta GF buddy?

You are failing miserably at this whole pimp thing D08.
but somebody over the internet...is diffrent than if i acutaly knew who it was, i cna tell you guys im a girl and find a pic of a hot girl and everything, and since its over the internet you guys would really never know

wide-e-wide
10-20-2005, 07:11 PM
but somebody over the internet...is diffrent than if i acutaly knew who it was, i cna tell you guys im a girl and find a pic of a hot girl and everything, and since its over the internet you guys would really never know

Until she asked you to meet her at Whataburger..or wherever...then watcha gonna say...sorry gotta GF...c'mon dude you are 15...be a playa dawg.

dragons08
10-20-2005, 07:27 PM
Until she asked you to meet her at Whataburger..or wherever...then watcha gonna say...sorry gotta GF...c'mon dude you are 15...be a playa dawg.
theres no whataburger in southlake! dont worry i'll take care of everything, im just that cooooolll :cool:

mad_fan
10-20-2005, 07:34 PM
theres no whataburger in southlake! dont worry i'll take care of everything, im just that cooooolll :cool:

go figure. :rolleyes:

dragons08
10-20-2005, 07:37 PM
i'll just completly ignore that...theres ahhh...mcdonalds, chick-fil-a, KenTaco Hut, ahh panda express, burger king, are the only fast food places i can think of in southlake, all right next to each other, well, chipotle is that fast food? thers a pizza hut and cici's do those count?

Reaganrattler07
10-20-2005, 07:40 PM

....course I've seen a picture of you so I can verify that you aren't a girl...definately not a hot one at that....

dragons08
10-20-2005, 07:47 PM
....course I've seen a picture of you so I can verify that you aren't a girl...definately not a hot one at that....
maybe i was the one on the right side of the photo anyways...we should do that..rather i should do that to somebody, i have a few guilliable friends..

Reaganrattler07
10-20-2005, 07:48 PM
maybe i was the one on the right side of the photo anyways...we should do that..rather i should do that to somebody, i have a few guilliable friends..

Course right after that you sent me two pics of yourself

dragons08
10-20-2005, 07:51 PM
Course right after that you sent me two pics of yourself
with my ****** sunglasses :D

mad_fan
10-20-2005, 08:11 PM
i'll just completly ignore that...theres ahhh...mcdonalds, chick-fil-a, KenTaco Hut, ahh panda express, burger king, are the only fast food places i can think of in southlake, all right next to each other, well, chipotle is that fast food? thers a pizza hut and cici's do those count?

ooooooooh, you guys are almost human there in southpark...how's marvin? :D

Reaganrattler07
10-20-2005, 08:23 PM

and your supposed 'haircut'

Reaganrattler07
10-20-2005, 08:23 PM
ooooooooh, you guys are almost human there in southpark...how's marvin? :D

Madison area ain't exactly Beverly Hills ;)

But Southlake is a dangerous neighborhood! You can get run over by a Hummer.....

dragons08
10-20-2005, 08:30 PM

But Southlake is a dangerous neighborhood! You can get run over by a Hummer.....
or stomped on by a dragon!!!

dragons08
10-20-2005, 08:30 PM
and your supposed 'haircut'
3/4inch man, anyways back on topic...ahh cc57 good work bro, i'll be writing to you soon..

Reaganrattler07
10-20-2005, 08:31 PM
or stomped on by a dragon!!!

You sure your not PUFFING the magic dragon? :p

Reaganrattler07
10-20-2005, 08:32 PM
3/4inch man, anyways back on topic...ahh cc57 good work bro, i'll be writing to you soon..

Wow, you really got it sheared off :rolleyes:

dragons08
10-20-2005, 08:33 PM
You sure your not PUFFING the magic dragon? :p
has that not gotten old yet??? i remember against keller last year, they threw footballs at us, then this one guy had a sign, who had to be drunk or something or drugged up, and it said puff hte magic dragon, he and a bunch of his fellow keller friends, were pointing and laughing at it, and htis being towards our band, i wanted to laugh, but i was in the middle of a show..

Reaganrattler07
10-20-2005, 08:36 PM
has that not gotten old yet??? i remember against keller last year, they threw footballs at us, then this one guy had a sign, who had to be drunk or something or drugged up, and it said puff hte magic dragon, he and a bunch of his fellow keller friends, were pointing and laughing at it, and htis being towards our band, i wanted to laugh, but i was in the middle of a show..

They don't have posteres at any of our games.....and I've never used the puff the magic dragon before...but that is pretty pathetic.

mad_fan
10-20-2005, 08:41 PM

You guys need to get out more...out to west texas...where you mount your .50 caliber on your hummer... :p

Reaganrattler07
10-20-2005, 08:45 PM
You guys need to get out more...out to west texas...where you mount your .50 caliber on your hummer... :p

Maybe Dragons can...I don't have a Hummer...and you can't put a .50 Cal on a Mercedes :D

wide-e-wide
10-20-2005, 08:47 PM
Hey 'Skins...shouldn't you be watching VaTech?
They look really sharp tonight. What happened...Vick
forget to smoke 'a 'da ghanja before the game?

mad_fan
10-20-2005, 08:49 PM
Maybe Dragons can...I don't have a Hummer...and you can't put a .50 Cal on a Mercedes :D

Mercedes? Dragons and I will let you drive that down range...we'll practice with the .50 we mount on his hummer. :D

Reaganrattler07
10-20-2005, 08:55 PM
Mercedes? Dragons and I will let you drive that down range...we'll practice with the .50 we mount on his hummer. :D

You wouldn't be able to hit cause i'd be goin' too fast :D

Reaganrattler07
10-20-2005, 08:55 PM
Hey 'Skins...shouldn't you be watching VaTech?
They look really sharp tonight. What happened...Vick
forget to smoke 'a 'da ghanja before the game?

I am watching it...I'm in the study....and the tv is in the next room.

wide-e-wide
10-20-2005, 08:59 PM
Did they take away a TD from Maryland...I could have swore it was 13-10 at one point?

And to all of those folks that said UT couldn't hang with VaTech...
Stop it!
Stop it!
Stop it!

Texas would put up 50 on that weak defense...and expose Marcus for what he truly is...related to a good QB....

Reaganrattler07
10-20-2005, 09:01 PM
Did they take away a TD from Maryland...I could have swore it was 13-10 at one point?

And to all of those folks that said UT couldn't hang with VaTech...
Stop it!
Stop it!
Stop it!

Texas would put up 50 on that weak defense...and expose Marcus for what he truly is...related to a good QB....

We were 10 pt favorites.....

The Terp caught the ball but was like a yard out of bounds...14-3, with Maryland about to hit a field goal i think.

dragons08
10-20-2005, 09:05 PM
yea, i need to shoot something, what better than a mercedes?? next week is that bash a car week i belive we play gpvine, and last year you paid 5 bucks to whack the heck out of a car for 1 min, it was hillarious

Reaganrattler07
10-20-2005, 09:07 PM
yea, i need to shoot something, what better than a mercedes?? next week is that bash a car week i belive we play gpvine, and last year you paid 5 bucks to whack the heck out of a car for 1 min, it was hillarious

Psh, you couldn't hit it...especially with a .50 cal....it jerks around quite a bit.

dragons08
10-20-2005, 09:14 PM
Psh, you couldn't hit it...especially with a .50 cal....it jerks around quite a bit.
id rather shoot fireworks acuttaly..

mad_fan
10-20-2005, 09:15 PM

maybe you jerk around too much :p , but the .50 is fine...5 round 3" @ 600 meters. :D

Reaganrattler07
10-20-2005, 09:17 PM
maybe you jerk around too much :p , but the .50 is fine...5 round 3" @ 600 meters. :D

Too small, agile and fast for the ol' Man and his gun :)

Reaganrattler07
10-20-2005, 09:18 PM
id rather shoot fireworks acuttaly..

You definately wouldn't hit it then....

dragons08
10-20-2005, 09:18 PM
Too small, agile and fast for the ol' Man and his gun :)
ahh but im your age and possibly faster :D

dragons08
10-20-2005, 09:19 PM
You definately wouldn't hit it then....
i know, but shooting fireworks is fun...remeber the whole dry ice "bomb" things, my friend (who was one of my friends that did this with me), has a g-pa that lives in georgia, he got an email, saying how people got arrested for doing that..

Reaganrattler07
10-20-2005, 09:20 PM
ahh but im your age and possibly faster :D

I meant mad fan who's like 30 something...you I know are faster than me...but not as fast as the car :p

dragons08
10-20-2005, 09:31 PM
I meant mad fan who's like 30 something...you I know are faster than me...but not as fast as the car :p
you didnt hear? i got my legs transplanted for cheatah legs, im as fast as a car!

lonny23
10-20-2005, 09:53 PM
That's half the problem and if this thread gets too big, they'll have to delete it and everybody lose some posts.

lonny23
10-20-2005, 09:55 PM
Cici's is fast and is somewhat food! :D

Remember guys, this thread has to last for like 12 more weeks.

dragons08
10-20-2005, 09:55 PM
That's half the problem and if this thread gets too big, they'll have to delete it and everybody lose some posts.
so wait, if thread goes bye bye, posts go bye bye as well??????

lonny23
10-20-2005, 09:59 PM
so wait, if thread goes bye bye, posts go bye bye as well??????
I lost over 80 posts in the first name a city thread. It got too big and they deleted it. That's the one where I would post something and post something else before somebody else did. I got accused of not playing fair! :D

dragons08
10-20-2005, 10:01 PM
I lost over 80 posts in the first name a city thread. It got too big and they deleted it. That's the one where I would post something and post something else before somebody else did. I got accused of not playing fair! :D
hahahaha lonny, you cheat? are you serious??? :p

wide-e-wide
10-20-2005, 10:15 PM
That's why I made the suggestion...for one of us to just pop on here ocassionally and say Semper Fi...so when CC57 comes back...it will still be here...it might sound dumb...but I'm sure he would get a big kick out of it.

dragons08
10-20-2005, 10:18 PM
That's why I made the suggestion...for one of us to just pop on here ocassionally and say Semper Fi...so when CC57 comes back...it will still be here...it might sound dumb...but I'm sure he would get a big kick out of it.
sounds good!! wide, i dont know if anyone has ever said this, but your a smart man!

Slim-Rob
10-20-2005, 10:31 PM
Semper Fi

PS - If I had a .50 Cal mounted on top of a Hummer, I would not be shooting at a Mercedes, I would be shooting at a Ford. I dislike Ford with a passion.

Reaganrattler07
10-20-2005, 11:02 PM
you didnt hear? i got my legs transplanted for cheatah legs, im as fast as a car!

That is by far the lamest thing I've ever heard you say....and I've heard you say a lot! :p

Redneckn
10-21-2005, 12:46 AM
PS - If I had a .50 Cal mounted on top of a Hummer, I would not be shooting at a Mercedes, I would be shooting at a Ford. I dislike Ford with a passion.

What's wrong with Fords? That's all I'll drive. I have 4 of them. Yes, they all run too.
Ok.. 1 doesn't run.. But we are doing an engine swap and it's back in Shreveport at the farm. So I can only fiddle with it when I'm in town and not doing a billion other things.. It's a '91 Cougar and we are putting a 351M in it.
I've had very few problems outta my Fords.. Compared to the 2 chebby's and the dodge...

lonny23
10-21-2005, 09:37 AM
sounds good!! wide, i dont know if anyone has ever said this, but your a smart man!
I doubt it! :p

He can't be too bad because he says some of the same stuff I say!

lonny23
10-21-2005, 09:40 AM
I know he'll like it. We just need to make sure he reads it when he comes back.

Maybe they have a new Marine Corps that gives you computer time during Basic! :p I know I'd be logging onto an AAFES computer anyday I got a break in Basic to talk to the guys! I already get on this website everywhere I go.

dada
10-21-2005, 09:45 AM
I know he'll like it. We just need to make sure he reads it when he comes back.

Maybe they have a new Marine Corps that gives you computer time during Basic! :p I know I'd be logging onto an AAFES computer anyday I got a break in Basic to talk to the guys! I already get on this website everywhere I go.
Basic training hasnt got THAT soft has it? I thought the stress cards were enough.

lonny23
10-21-2005, 09:51 AM
Basic training hasnt got THAT soft has it? I thought the stress cards were enough.
I'm glad they didn't have stress cards when I went through. They didn't hit people, but they still cussed at you and our female TI got mad at me once and pushed over a podium in front of me!

Trainees and kids need discipline. This time out stuff is crap! :mad:

dada
10-21-2005, 09:53 AM
I'm glad they didn't have stress cards when I went through. They didn't hit people, but they still cussed at you and our female TI got mad at me once and pushed over a podium in front of me!

Trainees and kids need discipline. This time out stuff is crap! :mad:
Yep...Our Drill Instructors but FEAR in us. We respected them and it made us better.

lonny23
10-21-2005, 10:00 AM
Yep...Our Drill Instructors but FEAR in us. We respected them and it made us better.
I really think the military has an identity crisis right now. We have the smartest group we've ever had. We probably do less dumb things and get in less trouble off-duty, but I don't see the same dedication on the job. The people have more of an attitude and less values. It's a direct result of the people we recruit to the Academies and new enlistees.

dada
10-21-2005, 10:03 AM
I really think the military has an identity crisis right now. We have the smartest group we've ever had. We probably do less dumb things and get in less trouble off-duty, but I don't see the same dedication on the job. The people have more of an attitude and less values. It's a direct result of the people we recruit to the Academies and new enlistees.
In other words....too much book sense and not enough common sense can be a major problem.

dragons08
10-22-2005, 12:01 AM
I doubt it! :p

He can't be too bad because he says some of the same stuff I say!
i take back my comment then! :p

mad_fan
10-22-2005, 12:08 AM

I'm old and from the dumb group that got in trouble off-duty all the time. :) WTF is a stress card?

lonny23
10-22-2005, 01:09 PM
I'm old and from the dumb group that got in trouble off-duty all the time. :) WTF is a stress card?
If the DI or TI hollers at you for being stupid or disobedient, you can hold up a stress card and they have to leave you alone. It's like letting the inmates run the asylum.

I'd hate to be a school teacher these days. You paddled kids when I was in school, but that went away, too.

This world operated fine for almost 6000 years and some genius got an idea about 40 years ago that all the old rules were bad and we needed to go in another direction. All it's done is make the whole country go down the crapper and I haven't even been around for the whole 40 years!

lonny23
10-22-2005, 01:15 PM
My best friend's dad lost 3 stripes in the Air Force while he was in Homestead in Florida.

He was drinking with his friends and they kept riding a bicycle off of the top floor of the dorm. One time, they hit the First Sergeant's car and were done.

Another time, he was driving a truck delivering Christmas trees to some place. He stopped at a place to drink and stayed for hours. When he left, he forgot about the truck and went back to the base.

One time he went drinking with his friends and they missed the last bus back to the base. Some cops stopped and were going to give them a ride back, but they got arrested for his friend peeing on the cop car!

This guy is in his 50's and is still just as crazy. He builds anatomically correct snowmen and got stopped for riding a motorcycle 114 MPH. The cop didn't give him a ticket because he made him laugh with the answer to the question, "Is there a good reason you're driving 114 MPH" He said, "Because the motorcycle won't go 115 MPH!" :D

wide-e-wide
10-22-2005, 01:32 PM
My best friend's dad lost 3 stripes in the Air Force while he was in Homestead in Florida.

He was drinking with his friends and they kept riding a bicycle off of the top floor of the dorm. One time, they hit the First Sergeant's car and were done.

Another time, he was driving a truck delivering Christmas trees to some place. He stopped at a place to drink and stayed for hours. When he left, he forgot about the truck and went back to the base.

One time he went drinking with his friends and they missed the last bus back to the base. Some cops stopped and were going to give them a ride back, but they got arrested for his friend peeing on the cop car!

This guy is in his 50's and is still just as crazy. He builds anatomically correct snowmen and got stopped for riding a motorcycle 114 MPH. The cop didn't
give him a ticket because he made him laugh with the answer to the question, "Is there a good reason you're driving 114 MPH" He said, "Because the motorcycle won't go 115 MPH!" :D

This guy sounds like me. Really.....just like me. I have some crazy stories.
And for some reason all of them involve drinking....and Marines...ahaha

mad_fan
10-22-2005, 01:55 PM
If the DI or TI hollers at you for being stupid or disobedient, you can hold up a stress card and they have to leave you alone. It's like letting the inmates run the asylum.

I'd hate to be a school teacher these days. You paddled kids when I was in school, but that went away, too.

This world operated fine for almost 6000 years and some genius got an idea about 40 years ago that all the old rules were bad and we needed to go in another direction. All it's done is make the whole country go down the crapper and I haven't even been around for the whole 40 years!

I remember in Korea watching them beat the hell out of recruits that screwed up...seems our military has gone to the other extreme :mad:

wide-e-wide
10-22-2005, 02:23 PM
I've heard about these stress cards...but they didn't have that when I went through boot....we had to suck it up.

To me...tech. school PT was harder than boot camp. We had Marines over our duty sections...and those @##$#@@'s can run forever...and ever...and ever...
If you fall back on a hump......................................standby ...it's gonna get ugly.

lonny23
10-22-2005, 08:23 PM
I remember in Korea watching them beat the hell out of recruits that screwed up...seems our military has gone to the other extreme :mad:
I've seen them holler at people, too. They took bullets away from the Koreans when I was in Afghanistan 2 years ago. One of their Majors shot a Captain in an argument! :D

dada
10-23-2005, 10:03 AM
I've seen them holler at people, too. They took bullets away from the Koreans when I was in Afghanistan 2 years ago. One of their Majors shot a Captain in an argument! :D
The KATUSA's have it hard. But the ROK soldiers think they are traitors and have it easy,therfore, they hate them.

lonny23
10-23-2005, 10:04 AM
The KATUSA's have it hard. But the ROK soldiers think they are traitors and have it easy,therfore, they hate them.
KATUSA's make like $12/month. The ROK guys don't make a lot, either. Being a KATUSA is better, though.

lonny23
10-23-2005, 10:05 AM
I like how this is a mostly military discussion thread.

dada
10-23-2005, 10:06 AM
KATUSA's make like $12/month. The ROK guys don't make a lot, either. Being a KATUSA is better, though.
Yeah, but the get everything free and they have priority in Korea. But like you said...compared to the ROK guys....they are living it up. If war broke out in Korea and I was there...I think I would have a hard time trusting KATUSA's

dada
10-23-2005, 10:07 AM
I like how this is a mostly military discussion thread.
Yeah...brings back memories for me

ThEgReAtOnE
10-24-2005, 10:46 PM
Long live CC57!!!

"Blue.....you're my boy, Blue!" - Will Ferrell, Old School

lonny23
10-25-2005, 06:55 AM
Yeah, but the get everything free and they have priority in Korea. But like you said...compared to the ROK guys....they are living it up. If war broke out in Korea and I was there...I think I would have a hard time trusting KATUSA's
KATUSA's are like letting the band go to war! :p

ThEgReAtOnE
10-25-2005, 07:59 PM
I'm curious as to the nature of Marine training! CC57 kept saying he had to do his 12 weeks....what kind of training will he have to endure?

Again, just curious!

wide-e-wide
10-25-2005, 08:11 PM
Rigorous to say the least. I've heard stories...not only from my Dad but from many Marine friends.
Lots of drilling (marching) and I mean lots of it
Marine Corps history classes daily
Rifle range
P.T. and lots of it
"The crucible" is the final test at the end of the 13 weeks...
don't know the specific distance...but it's a long *** hump...
Like 3 days I believe.
And at the end they are awarded their EGA...(eagle,globe and anchor)
and they are officially Marines...and no longer turds,morons,etc...

ThEgReAtOnE
10-25-2005, 08:18 PM
Rigorous to say the least. I've heard stories...not only from my Dad but from many Marine friends.
Marine Corps history classes daily
Rifle range
P.T. and lots of it
"The crucible" is the final test at the end of the 13 weeks...
don't know the specific distance...but it's a long *** hump...
Like 3 days I believe.
And at the end they are awarded their EGA...(eagle,globe and anchor)
and they are officially Marines...and no longer turds,morons,etc...

Sounds interesting! My bro is a Marine, but I've never asked him about his training! Then again, I've only seen him 3 times in 10 years!

He's been a Marine, now, for over 15 yrs!

My uncle was in the NAVY! ;) He said it was peaceful! He wished he could live on a ship! He was as cool as they come!

wide-e-wide
10-25-2005, 08:21 PM
Really?
I hated the freakin' ship...In fact it is one of the main reasons I got out.
I was due up for sea duty and knew I was headed back to the ship.
I miss it sometimes though...but if I were back on a carrier...I know I would be hatin' life.

lonny23
10-25-2005, 08:26 PM
Really?
I hated the freakin' ship...In fact it is one of the main reasons I got out.
I was due up for sea duty and knew I was headed back to the ship.
I miss it sometimes though...but if I were back on a carrier...I know I would be hatin' life.
I always thought carrier life was the best of Sea Duty, but it seems like a lot of guys hate it. How come?

wide-e-wide
10-25-2005, 08:33 PM
For a single guy ...Yes...it is the life.
For a married guy...no...it sucks
It just get old being away from your family.

ThEgReAtOnE
10-25-2005, 08:39 PM
For a single guy ...Yes...it is the life.
For a married guy...no...it sucks
It just get old being away from your family.

Unfortunately, my uncle didn't have a family of his own (meaning wife and kids)...and sadly/tragically he died that way!

He was a brilliant artist, though! It's all really sad!

mad_fan
10-25-2005, 10:02 PM
I always thought carrier life was the best of Sea Duty, but it seems like a lot of guys hate it. How come?

My ex-brother-in-law was on the Enterprise...he and my sister grew apart. They were divorced about six months after he got out of the service. May have happened anyway, but they both blame the boat.

wide-e-wide
10-25-2005, 10:08 PM
They say you are guaranteed 3 things in the Navy-

A new car
A divorce
and a drinking problem

dragons08
10-25-2005, 10:13 PM
marching, bleh, not one of my favoirite things to do..

mad_fan
10-25-2005, 10:21 PM
They say you are guaranteed 3 things in the Navy-

A new car
A divorce
and a drinking problem

I'll have to tell my sister she got shorted a car! :(

wide-e-wide
10-25-2005, 10:33 PM
haha
So she got the other two huh?

mad_fan
10-25-2005, 10:40 PM
haha
So she got the other two huh?

and knocked up three times...once before the navy (the reason for joining the navy) and twice while he was home on leave!!!!!

Great kids all, though!

dragons08
10-25-2005, 10:45 PM
[QUOTE=mad_fan]and knocked up three times[QUOTE]
not a firm beliver in protection.. :rolleyes:

mad_fan
10-25-2005, 10:55 PM
[QUOTE=mad_fan]and knocked up three times[QUOTE]
not a firm beliver in protection.. :rolleyes:

Catholic, k :)

dragons08
10-25-2005, 10:58 PM
[QUOTE=dragons08][QUOTE=mad_fan]and knocked up three times

Catholic, k :)
howd you know im catholic?

mad_fan
10-25-2005, 11:00 PM
[QUOTE=mad_fan][QUOTE=dragons08]
howd you know im catholic?

No, I meant she's Catholic...I'm Catholic...it runs in the family... :p

dragons08
10-25-2005, 11:04 PM
[QUOTE=dragons08][QUOTE=mad_fan]

No, I meant she's Catholic...I'm Catholic...it runs in the family... :p
oh, i was going to say, woah your like a physic

mad_fan
10-25-2005, 11:15 PM

that's how I knew you'd jump out of a perfectly good airplane for me! :p

dragons08
10-26-2005, 03:34 PM

that's how I knew you'd jump out of a perfectly good airplane for me! :p
ahh crap, got myself into a deep mess now

lonny23
10-26-2005, 09:00 PM
No, he's psychotic! :p

mad_fan
10-27-2005, 05:27 AM
No, he's psychotic! :p
:rolleyes:
or some say, just plain MAD!
:rolleyes:

ktchamp97
10-31-2005, 12:42 AM
Back to the top...

Hang in there CC57!

lonny23
10-31-2005, 05:11 AM
Back to the top...

Hang in there CC57!
Yeah, but it never stays too long!

Cujo
11-02-2005, 08:55 AM
I shall use my 100th post to say Semper Fi CC57! :)

lonny23
11-02-2005, 09:02 AM
I shall use my 100th post to say Semper Fi CC57! :)
Maybe I'll use 10K for that. Hey, it can happen before January! ;)

Cujo
11-02-2005, 09:09 AM
Maybe I'll use 10K for that. Hey, it can happen before January! ;)
you mean we have to endure 4,912 more one-liners??? :p

well.....make that 4,911 after your reply to this...... ;)

lonny23
11-02-2005, 11:17 AM
you mean we have to endure 4,912 more one-liners??? :p

well.....make that 4,911 after your reply to this...... ;)
You're right. I am going to respond! :D On a serious note, I think I generate more conversation on the board by doing the one-liners vs. real long posts. I know I make other posters post more because of it. It's just easier to respond to short posts.

Cujo
11-02-2005, 11:25 AM
You're right. I am going to respond! :D On a serious note, I think I generate more conversation on the board by doing the one-liners vs. real long posts. I know I make other posters post more because of it. It's just easier to respond to short posts.
Yeah you're right, hardly anyone ever responds to my "books" that I write about JT's games. lol

I've also found people like to read posts that have short sentences seperated by spaces (like this) :p

lonny23
11-02-2005, 12:20 PM
Yeah you're right, hardly anyone ever responds to my "books" that I write about JT's games. lol

I've also found people like to read posts that have short sentences seperated by spaces (like this) :p
Many posters just skim over stuff and the short posts are read more than the long ones. I've read some of your JT stuff, but I skip over a lot of them if I'm not really interested in that week's game.

dada
11-07-2005, 12:55 PM
Semper Fi!!!!!!!!!!

dada
11-11-2005, 10:37 AM
Semper Fi!!!

ThEgReAtOnE
11-11-2005, 10:54 AM
Much love, little dawg! Hang in there!

wide-e-wide
11-11-2005, 12:06 PM
Hey CC57...look under my name!
Thanks dude...I finally made it.

southlake thug
11-11-2005, 12:56 PM
congrats wide - you desevered it.

lonny23
11-11-2005, 02:41 PM
Hope you enjoyed Veterans Day. This year, I have to work all the holidays. :mad:

ThEgReAtOnE
11-13-2005, 08:57 PM
Keep up the good work CC57...you'll make it!!!!

garlandowl08
11-14-2005, 07:36 PM
has anyone corresponded with him yet?

wide-e-wide
11-14-2005, 07:46 PM

CC57 is up to his *** in alligators right about now...give him another week or so...he'll write.

Semper Fi CC57....!

garlandowl08
11-14-2005, 07:49 PM
CC57 is up to his *** in alligators right about now...give him another week or so...he'll write.

Semper Fi CC57....!

Lol...alligators are what the marines train with? I guess that simulates the enemy...they are about as ugly as alligators anyway...(i realize that was lame but i censored myself)

lonny23
11-14-2005, 07:55 PM
Lol...alligators are what the marines train with? I guess that simulates the enemy...they are about as ugly as alligators anyway...(i realize that was lame but i censored myself)
About as smart, too! :p

I really do like Marines. Most of the time, they seem to be more respectful, professional Army-types.

Red Raiders
11-14-2005, 08:54 PM

Ahhh.... I don't know any band members wear sunglasses? lol at my school, most of people are nerd, haha just playing... but fun.

dragons08
11-14-2005, 10:03 PM
Ahhh.... I don't know any band members wear sunglasses? lol at my school, most of people are nerd, haha just playing... but fun.
really? a ton of band people at carroll wear shades, more people than not

ThEgReAtOnE
11-14-2005, 10:20 PM

I'd like to know that, as well!

dragons08
11-14-2005, 10:23 PM
I'd like to know that, as well!
i planned on after the season was over, sending him the final brackets, recapping the playoffs

dada
11-15-2005, 10:38 AM
SEMPER FI! Keep your head up Cowboy

Attempt # IV
11-19-2005, 10:15 PM
Semper Fi CC57

ThEgReAtOnE
11-27-2005, 05:00 PM
Keep ya head up, CC57!!!!

dada
11-28-2005, 12:11 PM
Anyone hear from Cowboy? Semper Fi

wide-e-wide
11-28-2005, 12:27 PM
CC57 should be a little over half way through by now.
Assuming they started up as soon as he got there.
I was in Great Lakes,Ill. for 10 days before we "officially"
started boot camp...processing in...and waiting for the other
divisions of our graduating class to arrive. It sucked....

Semper Fi CC57!

lonny23
11-29-2005, 01:15 AM
Keep up the good work CC57!

Redneckn
11-29-2005, 06:22 PM
This is my 1000th post. So I figured I would use it for CC57. So he'd know that even after 1k I have not forgotten what he is off doing right now.

Thanks for your service to our country.

BAMF cowboy
11-29-2005, 11:31 PM
good call redneck'n, CC57 will probably be remembered around here for a long long time. i miss his presence, hopefully he'll stop in pretty soon.

BAMF cowboy
11-29-2005, 11:33 PM

no different than carroll....:D

dragons08
11-30-2005, 05:15 PM
no different than carroll....:D
to be a nerd you have to be smart, so i can be a loser then

Reaganrattler07
11-30-2005, 05:17 PM
to be a nerd you have to be smart, so i can be a loser then

You get straight a's.....

dragons08
11-30-2005, 05:23 PM
You get straight a's.....
negative ghostrider

Reaganrattler07
11-30-2005, 05:39 PM
negative ghostrider

Oh, i'm sorry I forgot about the one or two B's!

ThEgReAtOnE
12-04-2005, 07:33 PM
He's gotta be in the thick of it, now!!!;)

Stay strong CC57!!

southlake thug
12-08-2005, 11:05 PM
how much longer does he have? like a month or something?

dragons08
12-08-2005, 11:07 PM
how much longer does he have? like a month or something?
roughly

wide-e-wide
12-09-2005, 12:39 AM
Merry Christmas jarhead...not much longer bro...you'll be done in no time.
Semper Fi...

GTown02
12-09-2005, 01:00 AM
Merry Christmas jarhead...not much longer bro...you'll be done in no time.
Semper Fi...
How long does basic take? When should he be done?

lonny23
12-09-2005, 03:37 AM
I think it takes 12 or 13 weeks. He left on Oct 16th. If you add 84 days, that's a return date of Jan 12th if he's gone 12 weeks. I don't get back until around Jan 23rd and I left on Aug 29th!:eek:

dada
12-09-2005, 08:23 AM
Semper FI

dada
12-13-2005, 02:53 PM
Semper Fi

you guys forgeting about our Marine?

wide-e-wide
12-13-2005, 03:23 PM
Nope...he is almost done...what about 4 weeks left?

wide-e-wide
12-13-2005, 03:23 PM
Nope...he is almost done...what about 4 weeks left?

Semper Fi CC57!

garlandowl08
12-13-2005, 05:28 PM
I think it takes 12 or 13 weeks. He left on Oct 16th. If you add 84 days, that's a return date of Jan 12th if he's gone 12 weeks. I don't get back until around Jan 23rd and I left on Aug 29th!:eek:

Uncle John's Bathroom reader says it's 12 weeks for osmeone to become a Marine...i figure maybe add an extra week for any time before and after he's done...that puts us somewhere between the 9th and 16th of January.

wide-e-wide
12-13-2005, 05:41 PM

I gotcha beat Lonny. I left for basic training the first week of November and didn't leave Chicago until the middle of May...:eek:
I had to wait on orders...when I finally got orders to the ship...I had an ear infection...held me back a few weeks...then my orders changed...had to wait on the a different ship...the yeoman in holding company lost my medical record...had to go back through and get all of my shots and stuff again...that screwed up my orders...
By the time I left I had orders to the USS Hopper in Hawaii (cancelled)
USS Carl Vinson in San Diego (cancelled) and I ended up on the "Ike" out of Norfolk, Va........it was crazy...I thought I would never leave that hell hole.
BTW...it snowed every freakin' day for 3 months...or at least it seemed like it.

CC57 will still have to go through AIT and ITR after he completes boot camp...so add on another month and a half to your calculations.
Probably the beginning of March.
He may have internet access before then though.

FootballJunkie
12-13-2005, 07:47 PM
I gotcha beat Lonny. I left for basic training the first week of November and didn't leave Chicago until the middle of May...:eek:
I had to wait on orders...when I finally got orders to the ship...I had an ear infection...held me back a few weeks...then my orders changed...had to wait on the a different ship...the yeoman in holding company lost my medical record...had to go back through and get all of my shots and stuff again...that screwed up my orders...
USS Carl Vinson in San Diego (cancelled) and I ended up on the "Ike" out of Norfolk, Va........it was crazy...I thought I would never leave that hell hole.
BTW...it snowed every freakin' day for 3 months...or at least it seemed like it.

CC57 will still have to go through AIT and ITR after he completes boot camp...so add on another month and a half to your calculations.

Navy is garbage anyway:p Gotta be all you can be:D

lonny23
12-13-2005, 08:31 PM

Tell us the truth, Wide. They kept you in Basic so long because they didn't know what to do with you!:p

I wasn't talking about how long I was in Basic. I was just saying my deployment is longer than CC's Basic.

I didn't know if the Marines went straight to AIT or came home after Basic. The Air Force makes you go to Tech School before you go home for a few weeks and then to your first base.

KTgrl2006
12-13-2005, 11:27 PM

Maybe you should thank him for being so brave and willing to give his life so you can run your stupid liberal mouth? ever think of that?:D

wide-e-wide
12-13-2005, 11:37 PM
The guy that posted that was banned a long time ago.
But we get what you meant....
Semper Fi...

lonny23
12-14-2005, 02:11 AM
The guy that posted that was banned a long time ago.
But we get what you meant....
Semper Fi...
I agree with 2nd chances and the whole bit, but It's In The Bag deserved to be banned over that comment. There are too many veterans around here to say that stuff. We're just doing what we're told whether we agree with it or not.

KTgrl2006
12-14-2005, 10:33 AM

FIRST OF ALL!!!

IT IS NOT CALLED BASIC! Basic is for the Army,Navy,Airforce

MARINES STILL GO THROUGH BOOTCAMP

and its 13 weeks long :)

lonny23
12-14-2005, 10:55 AM
FIRST OF ALL!!!

IT IS NOT CALLED BASIC! Basic is for the Army,Navy,Airforce

MARINES STILL GO THROUGH BOOTCAMP

and its 13 weeks long :)
They're Marines.

Anything they teach them is BASIC!:p

Don't get mad. All of us vets talk trash about the other branches, but we love each other.:D

wide-e-wide
12-14-2005, 11:22 AM
My
Rides
In
Navy
Equipment
Sir

Don't get all worked up about it.
My Dad is a Marine and I served in the Navy.
It's a tradition to poke fun of each other.

And Lonny......that was a pretty good comeback by the way.

The other one is
Muscles Are Required Intelligence Not Encluded
they will say...but "included" is spelled with an "I"
and we say
Yeah but they are Marines they will never know the difference.

lonny23
12-14-2005, 11:48 AM
My
Rides
In
Navy
Equipment
Sir

Don't get all worked up about it.
My Dad is a Marine and I served in the Navy.
It's a tradition to poke fun of each other.

And Lonny......that was a pretty good comeback by the way.

The other one is
Muscles Are Required Intelligence Not Encluded
they will say...but "included" is spelled with an "I"
and we say
Yeah but they are Marines they will never know the difference.
That equipment line is true, but I also figured the Navy has always been dumb enough to keep giving 'em a ride wherever they want to go. I mean parents eventually teach their kids how to drive and go someplace on their own!:p

wide-e-wide
12-14-2005, 11:57 AM
We are still working on that Lonny.
Marines can't seem to grasp the whole "ships don't go on land thing"
Their driving skills are limited to tanks and jeeps as of now.

The best comeback I ever heard was after I had been in the Navy around a year or so......I came home on leave and thought I would be a smartass...I said to my Dad..."Hey you know the Marine Corps is a department on the Navy right?".......his response..."yeah...the men's department"
I shut up after that...ahahahaha

lonny23
12-14-2005, 12:45 PM
We are still working on that Lonny.
Marines can't seem to grasp the whole "ships don't go on land thing"
Their driving skills are limited to tanks and jeeps as of now.

The best comeback I ever heard was after I had been in the Navy around a year or so......I came home on leave and thought I would be a smartass...I said to my Dad..."Hey you know the Marine Corps is a department on the Navy right?".......his response..."yeah...the men's department"
I shut up after that...ahahahaha
That was a good comeback. He probably hit you, too!:p

ktchamp97
12-19-2005, 08:37 AM
Semper Fi, CC57!

To the top...

dragonsdaddy
12-19-2005, 08:14 PM

He may have internet access before then though. there's a better than zero chance that you had a little kp or extra duty time isn't there, wide?

semper fi 57. we're all praying for you.

wide-e-wide
12-19-2005, 08:22 PM
there's a better than zero chance that you had a little kp or extra duty time isn't there, wide?

semper fi 57. we're all praying for you.

Who me? ....never...well at least I waited until after boot camp.

lonny23
12-20-2005, 04:01 AM
Who me? ....never...well at least I waited until after boot camp.
I tend to believe you had a little KP, too!:D

mad_fan
12-20-2005, 10:31 AM

Noooooo sirrrrrrr....Lieutenant Dan....

wide-e-wide
12-20-2005, 11:06 AM

One time I was helping my wife out in the kitchen...I started peeling potatoes and cutting up vegtables...she was like ...Dang, you look like you've done this before.

hahaha

Yes...I had my share of extra duty...and long hours working in the galley.
Me and everybody else in the freakin' Navy.

dada
12-23-2005, 10:29 AM
Semper Fi

lonny23
12-25-2005, 09:35 AM
Merry Christmas, CC57!:D

dada
12-27-2005, 08:26 AM
Semper Fi

garlandowl08
12-27-2005, 06:28 PM
To the top

Semper Fi

ThEgReAtOnE
12-27-2005, 06:51 PM
Stay strong lil' bro!

mad_fan
01-01-2006, 08:07 AM
Semper Fi and Happy New Year, CC57!:)

garlandowl08
01-01-2006, 06:29 PM
Happy New Year and Semper Fi!

farmerfan
01-09-2006, 01:41 PM
Semper Fi 57, God Bless.

wide-e-wide
01-09-2006, 01:44 PM
Should be gettin' close buddy...keep on truckin' baby...almost home.

Semper Fi

the_great_state_of_TExas
01-11-2006, 03:09 PM
57 - Your country THANKS YOU.....

Welcome Home.

dada
01-11-2006, 03:24 PM
Semper Fi

dragons08
01-11-2006, 05:51 PM
he should be back anytime now

Xfballphenome05
01-15-2006, 01:00 AM
yep...should be any day now.

garlandowl08
01-16-2006, 03:33 PM
To the top...

farmerfan
01-18-2006, 10:32 PM
Bless you CC57. To the top.

SeguinMatadors
01-18-2006, 10:42 PM
I dont think I was around when CC was here.

dragons08
01-18-2006, 10:44 PM
no man..he was a class act man..this kid was one cool kid..i talk to him on aim like you and me do, but i have yet to meet him, we were trying to meet up one day, just never happend, o hope when he gets back i can meet him, he seems like a real cool dude

wide-e-wide
01-18-2006, 10:55 PM
Give 'em hell jarhead!!

farmerfan
01-18-2006, 11:00 PM

just like d08 said, he is a class act all the way around. he loves this site and the game of football. when he gets to post those few weeks he will be home you will see why everyone loves this Man.

wide-e-wide
01-18-2006, 11:03 PM
just like d08 said, he is a class act all the way around. he loves this site and the game of football. when he gets to post those few weeks he will be home you will see why everyone loves this Man.

He was also my campaign manager when I was trying to get HOF status...
but don't hold that against him...he's a cool guy seriously.

farmerfan
01-18-2006, 11:06 PM
He was also my campaign manager when I was trying to get HOF status...
but don't hold that against him...he's a cool guy seriously.

does he know about the HOF yet? if no one wrote him and told him he will be stoaked, that was his main goal all summer and early fall. If I ever run for a beer office he will be my campaign manager.

dragons08
01-18-2006, 11:07 PM
he would tell me stories about playing football games, they were so detailed and everything..he said if he can play another game again and stadium, itd be against the dragons at dragon stadium..he said that place was just an insane athmosphere..the respect he had for the dragons was insane, despite the HUGE rivarly

farmerfan
01-18-2006, 11:11 PM
he would tell me stories about playing football games, they were so detailed and everything..he said if he can play another game again and stadium, itd be against the dragons at dragon stadium..he said that place was just an insane athmosphere..the respect he had for the dragons was insane, despite the HUGE rivarly

yeah i remember seeing all the respect he had for the "green people" it was his one downfall :D

I tried talking smack about the cowboys once, called them the cowgirls and he quickly reminded me of something I tried to forget and that was how the Cowboys had scoreboard on the Farmers and had never lost to them :mad:

wide-e-wide
01-18-2006, 11:15 PM
does he know about the HOF yet? if no one wrote him and told him he will be stoaked, that was his main goal all summer and early fall. If I ever run for a beer office he will be my campaign manager.

Holy shsh...there's a beer office?
Can I be your running mate?

farmerfan
01-18-2006, 11:36 PM
Holy shsh...there's a beer office?
Can I be your running mate?

what kind of office would it be without the wideman?

dragons08
01-18-2006, 11:38 PM
a good one :D

wide-e-wide
01-19-2006, 12:11 AM

uhhh......hmmm....a quiet one?

farmerfan
01-19-2006, 12:13 AM
a good one :D

o go have some milk and cookies and let mommy tuck you in and tell you a bedtime story.

wide-e-wide
01-19-2006, 12:19 AM
o go have some milk and cookies and let mommy tuck you in and tell you a bedtime story.

Was D08 born in 1990?

If so.......I feel really old. Just think about that.........
I was almost out of HS and doing all kinds of crazy stuff...and this cat was just pissin' all over himself and suckin' on a bottle.
Not to mention the fact that my oldest daughter was born 2 years after him.
Goodness...never looked at it that way.

farmerfan
01-19-2006, 12:49 AM
Was D08 born in 1990?

If so.......I feel really old. Just think about that.........
I was almost out of HS and doing all kinds of crazy stuff...and this cat was just pissin' all over himself and suckin' on a bottle.
Not to mention the fact that my oldest daughter was born 2 years after him.
Goodness...never looked at it that way.

yeah it makes me feel old for once to, I mean I can remember Norm Charlton, Barry Larkin, Chris Sabo, Eric Davis, Rob Dibble and the rest of the Natti Reds sweeping the heavily favored Oakland Athletics. Man he is to young to even remember the glory days of Ryne Sandberg. Yikes.

lonny23
01-19-2006, 04:18 PM
yeah it makes me feel old for once to, I mean I can remember Norm Charlton, Barry Larkin, Chris Sabo, Eric Davis, Rob Dibble and the rest of the Natti Reds sweeping the heavily favored Oakland Athletics. Man he is to young to even remember the glory days of Ryne Sandberg. Yikes.
He was born in late 1989. He turned 16 right before the new year.

lonny23
01-19-2006, 04:19 PM
I couldn't stand that Reds team. Even the hated A's were better than Cincy.

farmerfan
01-19-2006, 04:23 PM
I couldn't stand that Reds team. Even the hated A's were better than Cincy.

I enjoyed watching that, after Okaland swept us in the ALCS, I could not stand Dave Steward, Ricky Henderson, Canseco, McGuire, Lansford, Bob Welch, Terry Steinbach, Walt Weis or any of those clowns. They got what they deserved that year.