PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Maddux

HeightsISwhereIstay
10-16-2005, 04:11 PM
could he have played any worse???

Tell me your thoughts of big ben not playing any time in the game and how bad tommy played and why?

pack0808
10-17-2005, 10:03 AM
I was thrilled my boys won even though they almost choked!! but my other team was in big trouble when Tommy the interception for a touchdown Maddux was playing. Rothlesberger has not thrown a pick all year by the way. :eek:

I have never seen a guy so good at throwing interceptions for td's. He leads them perfectly and he does it all of the time. He should have had 4 more but they missed them. He hit a couple of defenders in stride in their hands pefectly but they dropped it. This was an old Steeler game before Big Ben, Great defense like usual that has to basically win the game because of an inept offense and qb. No Hines Ward either!! The fumble where they were just trying to setup the fieldgoal to win it was classic. Maddux goes to hand the ball off and just drops it and when he tries to pick it up he kicks it. LOL I cannot believe this guy is still in the NFL?? Charlie Batch should have started the game without a doubt. I was pissed when i heard Maddux was starting.

dragons08
10-17-2005, 09:02 PM
i bet you guys were loving maddux a few years back, then a few years before that kordel stewart, who was a huge bust for the bears, but maddux is just rusty, he was good when he played a lot

pack0808
10-18-2005, 04:40 PM
i bet you guys were loving maddux a few years back, then a few years before that kordel stewart, who was a huge bust for the bears, but maddux is just rusty, he was good when he played a lot

false!! He always had a major turnover problem. He always scared me to death!! The defense used to win the majority of games when Stewart and Maddux was there. With a great qb like Rothlesberger they are nearly unbeatable besides the pats. 17-2 in the last 2 seasons with Ben at qb. :eek:

Reaganrattler07
10-18-2005, 06:43 PM
I think after his performance, I think everyone is wishing Big Ben a speedy recovery. Heck, Testeverde didn't even have that bad of a game...

dragons08
10-18-2005, 09:51 PM
false!! He always had a major turnover problem. He always scared me to death!! The defense used to win the majority of games when Stewart and Maddux was there. With a great qb like Rothlesberger they are nearly unbeatable besides the pats. 17-2 in the last 2 seasons with Ben at qb. :eek:
what was scary is how ben got hte job, didnt maddux, get some injury, taht he got carried off on a strecher and everything??

pack0808
10-19-2005, 08:45 AM
Ben will be back this sunday!! I saw it on espn this am.

lonny23
10-19-2005, 10:58 AM
Maddox had a few good games, but he's never been able to shake the turnover bug. The Steelers have confidence when Ben plays and he doesn't even have to play good for them to win.

dragons08
10-19-2005, 05:48 PM
Ben will be back this sunday!! I saw it on espn this am.
seems like steelers fans caught a break here, i was watching that game, and that hit, wow, i thought he was out of the year!

Reaganrattler07
10-19-2005, 06:09 PM
Being a turnover machine can change.....Doug Rypien was...but then he changed.

wide-e-wide
10-19-2005, 06:33 PM

Who the hell is Doug Rypien?

Now when I called you out for your lack of football knowledge...you made this big 'ol post about ...how...you only follow the Redskins...and you do have knowledge...but just Redskins history...yadda,yadda....

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

I think you meant Mark Rypien...who BTW...sucked tremendously

Doug Williams was the guy you had him mixed up with.

C'mon dawg...I know your team better than you do.

Reaganrattler07
10-19-2005, 06:37 PM
Who the hell is Doug Rypien?

Now when I called you out for your lack of football knowledge...you made this big 'ol post about ...how...you only follow the Redskins...and you do have knowledge...but just Redskins history...yadda,yadda....

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

I think you meant Mark Rypien...who BTW...sucked tremendously

Doug Williams was the guy you had him mixed up with.

C'mon dawg...I know your team better than you do.

Lol, I knew there was something wrong about that post.....I get confused of the first names. I just refer to them as Rypien and Williams....I don't remember them by the first name.

lonny23
10-20-2005, 06:41 AM
Hey, I wanted to let you know I was going to let it fly making fun of you, but Wide took care of it first! :D

lonny23
10-20-2005, 06:43 AM
Didn't he play with Timmy Riggins? Or was it Art Sanders? :p

Reaganrattler07
10-20-2005, 09:51 AM
Didn't he play with Timmy Riggins? Or was it Art Sanders? :p

I don't remember first names! Seriously...all I ever say is like "Riggins, Theismann, Monk, Gibbs, Ramsey, Brunell, Rypien, Williams"....a lot easier.

lonny23
10-20-2005, 10:20 AM
I don't remember first names! Seriously...all I ever say is like "Riggins, Theismann, Monk, Gibbs, Ramsey, Brunell, Rypien, Williams"....a lot easier.
John, Ringo, Paul...wait that's the wrong group! :D

John, Joe, Art, Joe, Patrick, Mark, Mark, and Doug.

Reaganrattler07
10-20-2005, 10:21 AM
John, Ringo, Paul...wait that's the wrong group! :D

John, Joe, Art, Joe, Patrick, Mark, Mark, and Doug.

We have a lot of Joes and Johns....and a few Marks....Doug and Greg Williams.

Whats the point of all this anyway?! I said I don't remember first names good...especially if there's like 5 of them!

lonny23
10-20-2005, 10:24 AM
We have a lot of Joes and Johns....and a few Marks....Doug and Greg Williams.

Whats the point of all this anyway?! I said I don't remember first names good...especially if there's like 5 of them!
Just passing the time.