PDA

View Full Version : Don't look now but:

HOOKEM
10-15-2005, 09:27 PM
Looks like the ACC and FSU may be a little overrated.

GTown02
10-15-2005, 10:35 PM
Some teams in the ACC might be a little overrated ie. FSU and maybe Miami. But VTech is the real deal this year...

bowiedawgs01
10-15-2005, 10:45 PM
VaTech will lose. If not to BC, then Miami.

GTown02
10-15-2005, 10:48 PM
VaTech will lose. If not to BC, then Miami.
or to FSU in the ACC championship game...

bowiedawgs01
10-15-2005, 10:48 PM
True, but I'm calling a loss in the regular season.

TheProphet
10-15-2005, 11:01 PM
the important thing to remember is that VT hasn't done anything impressive...we all thought Georgia Tech was gonna be so great and the n VT blew them out, then they lost 2 or 3 more games and now we realized what happened...Georgia Tech sucks, blowing them out is nothing special...then a 34-17 victory over West Virginia isnt really anything great...I would say WV is comprable to Colorado who UT beat 42-17 (and could have made it MUCH worse)... I just dont see what all the V-Tech hype is over, to be honest i wouldnt mind if Georgia was mentioned in the same breath as UT at all

owldog
10-15-2005, 11:11 PM
G-Town 02 Did you see the Georgia vs Vanderbuilt game tonight. Dale Dixon had a Great game and they even talked about him a time or 2. Brandon Holmes from 04 was supposed to get some playing time for Vanderbuilt tonight but I guessed I missed him because I did not see him on the field did you?

HOOKEM
10-15-2005, 11:14 PM
look at va tech over the last five years. This is usually the time of year when they blow up. Fast start and slow finish.
Penn state and FSU down. Should of also had Alabama this week. Beating Florida no big deal. Almost lost to cellar dweller ole miss. Could lose to Tenn and LSU. Va tech at Virginia.......Could be interesting after what I saw tonight. May have two losses by the end of the year.

Texasfrog
10-15-2005, 11:17 PM
the important thing to remember is that VT hasn't done anything impressive...we all thought Georgia Tech was gonna be so great and the n VT blew them out, then they lost 2 or 3 more games and now we realized what happened...Georgia Tech sucks, blowing them out is nothing special...then a 34-17 victory over West Virginia isnt really anything great...I would say WV is comprable to Colorado who UT beat 42-17 (and could have made it MUCH worse)... I just dont see what all the V-Tech hype is over, to be honest i wouldnt mind if Georgia was mentioned in the same breath as UT at all

ACC is "over-rated" period !!! VA Tech is a solid team but they havent played "jack" yet.

Florida St and Miami are way over-rated !! Neither one of them is a LEGIT top #10. I would put both of them about #16 & #17 honestly.

Everyone was knocking the Big-12 because Oklahoma isnt the National Power they usually are. But, losing to UCLA isnt that bad. UCLA has a great shot at being the Pac-10 champs and beating USC in my opinion.

Also... UCLA would destroy both (Miami and Florida St). No question about it.

The National Press loves Miami and Florida St. So their living off past reputation. 100% Fact.

Big-12 is alot better from top to bottom when you compare it to the ACC.

GTown02
10-15-2005, 11:17 PM
G-Town 02 Did you see the Georgia vs Vanderbuilt game tonight. Dale Dixon had a Great game and they even talked about him a time or 2. Brandon Holmes from 04 was supposed to get some playing time for Vanderbuilt tonight but I guessed I missed him because I did not see him on the field did you?
No I didnt watch the game, but im glad some players from Garland are playing well on the D1 level. Holmes should be a great player for Vandy once he gets some PT and experience on that level. Is Dale a SR. this year?

I want to see Taurance Rawls play at TT. He should be a great back for their team once Henderson graduates.

Texasfrog
10-15-2005, 11:20 PM
look at va tech over the last five years. This is usually the time of year when they blow up. Fast start and slow finish.
Penn state and FSU down. Should of also had Alabama this week. Beating Florida no big deal. Almost lost to cellar dweller ole miss. Could lose to Tenn and LSU. Va tech at Virginia.......Could be interesting after what I saw tonight. May have two losses by the end of the year.

Boston College (ACC) was also damn lucky to beat Wake Forest (ACC) today.

This is the same Wake Forest team that Nebraska totally destoyed like 33-3.

Big-12 is better then the ACC. 100% no doubt.

PS. Miami only beat Colorado 23-3 at Miami.

Texas had Colorado like 35-3 at one time and could of totally destoyed Colorado.

Miami and Florida St would get "CRUSHED" by Texas.

owldog
10-15-2005, 11:26 PM
Dale is a Jr. 54 Dixson, Dale NT JR 6-2/306 SQ 09/11/1983 Garland, Texas - Garland HS

Off the roster at Georgia, I did niot realize he had gotten so big.

GTown02
10-15-2005, 11:28 PM
Dale is a Jr. 54 Dixson, Dale NT JR 6-2/306 SQ 09/11/1983 Garland, Texas - Garland HS

Off the roster at Georgia, I did niot realize he had gotten so big.
He was about that when I was at Garland.. he might have gained a few Lbs, but not much height... I wonder if he will try and go the NFL... he has always been a good athlete, I wonder if pro scouts are looking at him at all...

owldog
10-15-2005, 11:34 PM
The announcers talking about his athletic ability tonight on ESPN2 can't hurt. I hope he does go. I am sure he will get his degree also as he is smart. Just think if he does, GARLAND would have two professional athletes from 02 Ike in the NBA and Dixson in the NFL. That would be really cool.

lonny23
10-16-2005, 10:14 AM
The Big 12 is just fine unlike what some pessimists say around here. The ACC sure isn't without fault.

HOOKEM
10-18-2005, 07:54 PM
I have arrived on this message board.
The great Lonny posted on my thread.

Sweeeet!

FootballJunkie
10-19-2005, 01:22 AM

Guess you forgot 99. 11-0 playing in BCS Championship.

FootballJunkie
10-19-2005, 01:28 AM
The Big 12 is just fine unlike what some pessimists say around here. The ACC sure isn't without fault.

From what I have seen no conference is without fault. Michigan, Ohio St.,Purdue in Big-10 all disappointing. Florida, and Tenn below expectations in the SEC. CAL with 2 losses in the PAC-10. OU and A@M disappointing in the BIGXII, FSU actually doing better than expected but MIAMI with a loss already, Virginia losing to teams they should beat and beating teams they should lose to :rolleyes: ...upsets is what makes NCAA football fun to watch IMO. :D

lonny23
10-19-2005, 11:21 AM
I have arrived on this message board.
The great Lonny posted on my thread.

Sweeeet!
Make sure you print the page! :D

HOOKEM
10-23-2005, 10:59 PM
printed and framed