PDA

View Full Version : 2008 - How will your team look? Players to watch? Returning players?

twcpfan1
12-09-2007, 01:41 PM
I know that we're not quite done yet for 2007. But for most of us, it's time to look ahead to 2008. How do you see next year for your team?

dada
12-09-2007, 01:43 PM
I know that we're not quite done yet for 2007. But for most of us, it's time to look ahead to 2008. How do you see next year for your team?

North Shore and Cy-Ridge will be among the top teams next year....this years teams were full of juniors. The Graduation bug will hit Katy the same way it hit Cy-Falls.....but Falls had a great year and I expect another one from Katy...think they will reload.

STB24
12-09-2007, 01:46 PM
Judson, i think, will be pretty darn good!

odessapermian.com
12-09-2007, 01:47 PM
nm

twcpfan1
12-09-2007, 01:48 PM
North Shore and Cy-Ridge will be among the top teams next year....this years teams were full of juniors. The Graduation bug will hit Katy the same way it hit Cy-Falls.....but Falls had a great year and I expect another one from Katy...think they will reload.

The Woodlands were also loaded with underclassmen. Including the surprise package they brought up from the Freshman team for the Westfield game. If they can get some internal issues sorted out, they will be extremely dangerous.

College Park will be young. But JV went 10-0. And we were pleasantly surprised when the JV qb did so well in our playoff game, when Josh went down.

saMavsFan
12-09-2007, 01:49 PM
Madison's team (JV) and returning letterman look immensely strong. Some losses on defense, but overall a great team coming in next year. Remember the name Aaron Green!

STB24
12-09-2007, 01:51 PM
Madison's team (JV) and returning letterman look immensely strong. Some losses on defense, but overall a great team coming in next year. Remember the name Aaron Green!

Aaron is a beast! lol

HUM398
12-09-2007, 01:54 PM
I expect Humble to challenge for the Region title in 2008... Although we do not return a lot of starters, having a smaller team this year had its perks..we had alot of kids get significant playing time.

We return 8 on offense, and 7 which started more then 4 games....all 8 saw a significant amount of playing time.
On defense we return 4 or 5, 3 which started all games. ..again all 4 or 5 saw a significant amount of playing time.

Humble will again be very young on offense overall, but we return a well seasoned line...along with a very talented soph. and jr. classes.

The key players for Humble playing in 2008 (What they will be in 08)

SR. Keith Baker QB/FS

JR. Darius Tubbs WR

Sph. Donovan Young RB

SR. Craig Morris FB

JR. Lamarc Strahan DT

SR. Brian Womack CB (Excited about this kid, didn't start but 4 games...and came away with 5 INT's on the year)

chainsaw83
12-09-2007, 02:02 PM
I know San Antonio Madison is still alive this year, but i can't wait to see what they do next year and the two years following. Aaron Green has everyone in this district talking...and apparently, 6'4 super soph, Nate Askew really IS good....who'da thunk it? :p

twcpfan1
12-09-2007, 02:05 PM
Just to clarify, the thread is for everybody. Matter of fact, I'd be interested to see posts from the Final 8.

BigRing5311
12-09-2007, 02:13 PM
I think SLC will have a shot at winning district.

samavsfan23
12-09-2007, 02:18 PM
Madison...undefeated in district. Aaron Green is a monster who still needs to improve in some areas(holding on to the ball), but he ran all over everyone this year. Although our safeties Mclean and Wiggins are gone, I think the heart of the defense Kris Catlin is just a soph. LB. So combine the returning starters with JV, looks like a good year(s).

WILDCAT27
12-09-2007, 02:22 PM
Plano loses many talented seniors, but will keep 3 key players in Burkhead, Meger and Lott. Must rebuild an Offensive/Defensive line, and replace some talented DBs and Linebackers, but they should have a good run next year as well.

CKE
12-09-2007, 02:24 PM
not good but who knows

jrock210
12-09-2007, 02:32 PM

haha I agree and I see Judson has some great returning juniors so they may have a great team

saMavsFan
12-09-2007, 02:39 PM
not good but who knows

I don't ever count SV down and out. Don't know what the realignment will do to the district:confused: But like you said, who knows. Good coaching, solid base and tradition. Down year for SV could mean 3 deep in the playoffs.

odessapermian.com
12-09-2007, 03:15 PM
I think Permian will be good again. All three teams (varsity, JV Black, and JV White) won district.

*= starters

The leading WR returns in *Ryan Rumbaugh.

Top Olineman and D1 prospect *Garret Porter (6'5" 310#).

TE/H back *Shai Biggerstaff, who really emerged as a receiving threat the last few weeks.

RB Sherard Ray, who I think could have a monster year as "the man" next year.

WR Brian Nunez

Excellent DB *Anthony McDowell

Great prospect in DB Brennan Welch (hard hitter with great football instincts)

Great prospect in QB Trevor Adams (6'1" 180# and growing, did very well in mop up duty)

QB/S/LB/K/Punter Alan Castillejos

MLB *Jerome Leija leading tackler

DL Adedayo Balogun (6'0" 220#, same size as his older brother as a junior. Older brother grew into a 6"3" 240# ****** between his jr. and sr. year)

DL Samson McLane 6'0" 220#

OL Rapheal Nunez 5'11" 260#

a couple of prospects from JV Black 9-1 district champs

RB Eli Torres "Berryhill Jr"

DL William Ritter dad played DL at Tech, kid has a motor

WR Linvel Mosby go to receiver for JV

LB Lambert Riley 6'0" 230# solid frame, room to grow. Big hitter may move to D line

DrEdward
12-09-2007, 04:16 PM
Basically, the offense and defense flip status next season at Carroll, with a fair amount of experience returning on defense with some notable losses and lots of graduations on the offense. About 180 degrees from this season. Still, I would hope that the Dragons will be a solid team next season with a chance to muddle through somehow.

TexasRed6x
12-09-2007, 04:18 PM

I think Judson has like 11 or 12 starters back next year, 3 running backs and all but 1defense backs, so this is a down year for the Rockets.

OakTreeUp-n-Out
12-09-2007, 04:49 PM

Good to see you on the board, Coach Holtz. Would you like to go on a 15 minute rant comparing Keller Central and the 2007 Patriots now?

Any SLC folks want to list the kids coming back with nice PT experience?
QB Padron, RB Avers, WR/DB J. Rake, OL McWhirter, DE Richards, DE Burnett, DE/OT Perry, LB Foster, LB Wilson, LB/WR Osborne, DB M. Rake, DB Jameson. That about right?

CyFallsMom
12-09-2007, 05:13 PM
I expect a pretty good team next year with the returning players. We need to reload a bit in the WR department but we have a running back, Christian Norris, who will step into Shane's shoes and, judging by the times we saw him this year, should do pretty well. Kolby is back and he has another year to get bigger, stronger and better - that's SCARY! We have a few returing on defense as well. I'm hoping the season is dedicated to #30 next year.

realREAGANrattler
12-09-2007, 05:20 PM
reagan will be returning some key players

starting d tackle
starting middle linebacker
starting strongside linebacker
2 starting safetys
starting corner

starting qb
starting te
starting tackle

plus some good non starters

DiamondJ2
12-09-2007, 05:23 PM
Not really worried about that right now; still have another game to play. More of a question for the Rattlers who are now in winter hibernation.

Big Sherm
12-09-2007, 05:23 PM
Madison will be good. They have enough returning starters on D. Couple of Fr. will be on varsity next year including Wiggins Bro. who is as big as Catlin.

Offense is a ?. Luckily with the scores from this year and JV, the returning letterman played a-lot of ball. Guttierez is a good QB but needs to learn from Ehrlich about leadership. He's got a cannon for an arm and we ought to have some decent receivers. Kicking game is always shaky for Mad. which I never seem to understand:confused:. Aaron Green is the real deal and if he puts on about 25 lb.'s he'll be even better. Fastest feet I've seen since Jerrod Douglas(at his age).

realREAGANrattler
12-09-2007, 05:26 PM
Not really worried about that right now; still have another game to play. More of a question for the Rattlers who are now in winter hibernation.

haha so whyd you post...

HomeofChampions'06
12-09-2007, 05:26 PM
Katy will have a rebuilding year. That is also what they said in '03. :D Michael Webber will be back in action at the RB spot. I think Terrence Fredrick will be back as well. He will be a crucial leader for the defense.

The Warrior
12-09-2007, 05:29 PM
SGP will be a OK in 08-09. We got a lot of experience in close games.
OL will be improved, QB and all receivers return. Hoping to win a few games.:)

nevaplayedk9
12-09-2007, 07:00 PM

defense is stacked with juniors and a stable of rb's will be back, but first thing is first, lets win this game on sat.

GO ROCKETS!!!!!!!!!!!

bowiedawgs01
12-09-2007, 07:44 PM
Bowie will lose 48 Seniors, but their key positions on offense will return.

QB Matt Dodds SR 5'11 175
QB Nick Doss (dual threat) JR 6'0 175
RB Heath Hohmann SR 5'10 190
RB Arthur Martinez SR 5'9 175
WR Philander Moore SR 5'10 180
WR DeAndre Perry JR 6'3 210
WR Riley Walker SR 5'11 165

OL Stetson Essler SR 5'11 225
OL Zach Scoggin SR 6'2 240
OL Sam Maxie SR 6'2 275
OL Joe Martinez SR 6'2 240

The defense will have to reload.

SLC93
12-09-2007, 08:28 PM
Good to see you on the board, Coach Holtz. Would you like to go on a 15 minute rant comparing Keller Central and the 2007 Patriots now?

QB Padron, RB Avers, WR/DB J. Rake, OL McWhirter, DE Richards, DE Burnett, DE/OT Perry, LB Foster, LB Wilson, LB/WR Osborne, DB M. Rake, DB Jameson. That about right?

;):D

Tantal
12-09-2007, 08:33 PM
Haven't checked Trinity's whole lineup, but I know that we're losing Samir Baker to graduation. QB Denarius McGee, RB/FB Trey Robinson, WR Stetson Smith, and WR Tyree Tucker are all coming back, so we should be alright on offense. Defense is going to take a hit losing Leota, Griffin, Heimuli, and some others. The JV teams didn't do that well, but I don't put a whole lot of stock in JV performance being the absolute barometer of varsity performance. We'll just have to see how the players develop over the off-season and let 'em duke it out on the field next year.

coriv
12-09-2007, 10:05 PM
Odessa High should finally be back in the playoffs. They have their QB, RB, 6 of their top 7 WR's, and 3 O-lineman returning.

The defense will be inexperienced, but more athletic.

The Bronchos are also suppose to have Baron Batch's brother at RB. He is the best athlete in the city's freshman class by far.

Returning starters
Soph. QB Derrick Teegarden (5-11 160) - 1,258 yards passing - 492 yards rushing - 13 TD's
Jr. RB JJ Hill (5-11 175) - 413 yards rushing - 68 yards receiving - 1 TD
Jr. WR Javorian Guyton (6-2 170) - 14 rec. - 143 yards - 2 TD's
Jr. WR Miles Torres (5-10 160) - 29 rec. - 375 yards - 5 TD's
Soph. WR Gabriel Rodriguez (5-10 160) - 17 rec. - 208 yards - 1 TD
Jr. OL Ruben Talamantes (6-3 275)
Soph. OL/DL Matt Gonzales (5-11 230)
Soph. OL Enrique Munoz (5-11 230)
Jr. DB Tyler Mints (5-8 160)
Jr. K/P Travis Austin - Kicked 3 FG's over 40 yards

Other players to watch
Soph. WR Felix Neboh (5-8 160) - 9 rec. - 94 yards - 1 TD
Soph. WR Tyler McQueen (5-11 160) - 7 rec. - 110 yards - 1 TD
Jr. WR Joseph Limon (5-8 160) - 5 rec. - 65 yards
Jr. RB/LB Dean Ramos (5-9 180) - 37 yards rushing - 32 yards receiving - 2 TD's
Soph. RB/DB Ronnie Marquez (5-8 160)
Jr. OL Jonathan Ormsby (6-7 220)
Jr. DL Matt Soto (6-1 190)
Jr. DL Dex Dennard (6-4 220)
Soph. LB Kody Tennison (5-11 185)
Soph. LB Patric Mackey (5-8 180)
Jr. DB Antoine Banks (5-10 165)
Jr. DB Ricardo Enriquez (5-10 165)
Soph. DB Stephen Eggins (5-8 160)

ReaganRattlerDad
12-09-2007, 10:22 PM

Remember that Madisonn soph wr #8!

MADFAN#1
12-09-2007, 10:28 PM
not good but who knows

I seem to remember an SV parent telling me this year's starters were senior heavy.

txdeb35
12-09-2007, 10:42 PM
At Abilene High

The defence will be better than this season's with 3 of the 4 defensive backs returning Tyler Hale at corner, Karsten Goodman and Keith Carrol at safety, leaving one corner spot to fill. The linebackers 2 out of 4 returning, Justin Carrol and The beast Chris Williams. On the D line we should also be fine with P.J. Butler and Hunter Cooke returning.

Offense will be a different Story...

4 out of 5 offensive lineman will graduate along with the Tight end Matt Carrol.

The main receiving core will be gone leaving only one reciever who saw significant playing time this season who is Tevin Wiley. He will probally be the go to guy next year. The rest of the recievers will be undersized and not out of the ordinary.

This year on the Varsity there were 4 running backs but only two of them saw really any playing time Kiethe Flye and Zach Bass. 3 of those backs are graduating leaving only Bass as a returner who saw any playing time. I believe they will have to use sophomores at this position next year to help carry the load because there isnt much in the class that will be juniors this year.

Quarterback will be left to the coaches son who saw plenty of playing time this season. The kid is 6 foot 2 and probally about 190 or so. He is a Great passer but unfortunately slow also. So we wont have the luxary of having a duel threat next season.

As far as how the season goes will mainly depend on How fast the offense grows up and the QB's leadership.

shooter
12-09-2007, 10:52 PM
Madison is quite heavy with seniors (44) but does have some stand out underclassmen. Here is a quick list off the top of my head I may miss a few

#3 - Alex Montgomery - WR - JR - Little used this year
#8 - Nate Askew - WR - Soph. - Was a QB as a Freshman is is just coming into the WR position. Is built more like a TE
#12 - Leo Gutierrez - QB - JR. - Back up and punter this year, will have a leg up on winning the position next year.
#14 - Chris Doring - WR - JR - Little used this year, looks alot like Boyd
#20 - Sean Katz - DB - JR - Has been thrown into the fire with Andrew Green moving to RB.
#22 - Andrew Green - DB - JR - Still one of the best CB in the City has now played Safety, CB and RB at the Varsity level
#23 - Tommy Saunders - DB - Soph - Nickel back has not seen much action late in the year do to an apparent leg issue
#25 - JoJo Savage - LB - Jr - Little used this year
#34 - Kris Katlin - LB - Soph - Starting MLB all year and is currently leading the team in Tackles and Fumble Recoveries
#65 - Tyler James - DE - JR - Some back up time on the D-Line
#66 - Alex Saucedo - DE - JR - Some back up time on the D-Line
#76 - Rudy Nerio - OL - JR - Starter this year
#78 - Brian Hughes - OL - JR - Big kid back up this year
#85 - Jesse Castor - TE - JR - Maybe one of Madison best ever TE
#86 - Cris Wilcut - TE/K - JR - Back up little use this year
#89 - Keith Kaut - DL - Soph - Back up duties this year.

The Madison JV team went undefeated for the second year in a row and next year the much anticipated arrival of Aaron Green (Fresh RB) will happen. Both Lines will take heavy losses as well as having to replace 2 in the secondary and 2 LBs

ScottS
12-09-2007, 10:56 PM
I think all of our starting receivers graduate, so we have holes all over the offense, WR, OL, new QB (probably Padron), and new RB (probably Averts). I say probably because you never know who is going to be there to challenge in August. I think the OL that was injured the whole season, Broyles?, was a junior so he should step in to one of the OL spots.

Skyline_Raider07
12-09-2007, 11:00 PM
Well, we(Skyline) lose our top defensive guys. (Reeves, Cooper & Dupree) and our biggest weapon of 'em all, Troy Stoudimire! Fortunately, we have an awesome group of juniors(that were freshmen when i graduated) coming up to fill their shoes. I do think however, it'll be tough to fill Troy's shoes:( Now as far as our district goes, who knows? We lose Carter:cry, who will replace them:confused: That better be one of our non-district games:cool: As far as the rest of our non-district, i hope they don't give us a weak schedule.

state4oh8
12-09-2007, 11:30 PM
Madison...undefeated in district. Aaron Green is a monster who still needs to improve in some areas(holding on to the ball), but he ran all over everyone this year. Although our safeties Mclean and Wiggins are gone, I think the heart of the defense Kris Catlin is just a soph. LB. So combine the returning starters with JV, looks like a good year(s).

actually i think it might be a down year next year just as last year was for madison. we will be losing A LOT of starters. the only returning starters for next years squad will be
WR nate askew
LB cris catlin
RB/CB andrew green
G rudy nerio

it could be a down year due to the fact of inexperience but we wont find out til next year

chickenheart1
12-10-2007, 01:29 AM
Well, we(Skyline) lose our top defensive guys. (Reeves, Cooper & Dupree) and our biggest weapon of 'em all, Troy Stoudimire! Fortunately, we have an awesome group of juniors(that were freshmen when i graduated) coming up to fill their shoes. I do think however, it'll be tough to fill Troy's shoes:( Now as far as our district goes, who knows? We lose Carter:cry, who will replace them:confused: That better be one of our non-district games:cool: As far as the rest of our non-district, i hope they don't give us a weak schedule.

Tough to loose a kid like Stoudimire. He is a tremendous athelete. I'm a Plano fan and was amazed at the 44 yard touchdown he had. Great group of atheletes and I expect to see more of Skyline in the years to come. Also, Samples is a great coach. Good luck next year!!!;)

DragonBand06
12-10-2007, 02:10 AM

That can't be Lou - He didn't pick Notre Dame to win.

samavsfan23
12-10-2007, 02:18 AM
Madison is quite heavy with seniors (44) but does have some stand out underclassmen. Here is a quick list off the top of my head I may miss a few

#3 - Alex Montgomery - WR - JR - Little used this year
#8 - Nate Askew - WR - Soph. - Was a QB as a Freshman is is just coming into the WR position. Is built more like a TE
#12 - Leo Gutierrez - QB - JR. - Back up and punter this year, will have a leg up on winning the position next year.
#14 - Chris Doring - WR - JR - Little used this year, looks alot like Boyd
#20 - Sean Katz - DB - JR - Has been thrown into the fire with Andrew Green moving to RB.
#22 - Andrew Green - DB - JR - Still one of the best CB in the City has now played Safety, CB and RB at the Varsity level
#23 - Tommy Saunders - DB - Soph - Nickel back has not seen much action late in the year do to an apparent leg issue
#25 - JoJo Savage - LB - Jr - Little used this year
#34 - Kris Katlin - LB - Soph - Starting MLB all year and is currently leading the team in Tackles and Fumble Recoveries
#65 - Tyler James - DE - JR - Some back up time on the D-Line
#66 - Alex Saucedo - DE - JR - Some back up time on the D-Line
#76 - Rudy Nerio - OL - JR - Starter this year
#78 - Brian Hughes - OL - JR - Big kid back up this year
#85 - Jesse Castor - TE - JR - Maybe one of Madison best ever TE
#86 - Cris Wilcut - TE/K - JR - Back up little use this year
#89 - Keith Kaut - DL - Soph - Back up duties this year.

The Madison JV team went undefeated for the second year in a row and next year the much anticipated arrival of Aaron Green (Fresh RB) will happen. Both Lines will take heavy losses as well as having to replace 2 in the secondary and 2 LBs

Good rundown shooter. Things are looking good. Katlin is a beast, Castor is prolly the best TE I have seen that can catch. Others will come into their own.

PCW Cats
12-10-2007, 04:26 AM
Cy Woods should challenge for a playoff spot as a new team in 5A next year with the other Cy schools. The dominated the JV schedule they played and beat Marshall (4A playoffs this year), Wimberly and Coldspring as varsity games. They return everyone and will have their first group of Seniors.

toonman
12-10-2007, 09:23 AM

No Carroll are done, only to disappear into oblivion!!??

ken-in-rockwall
12-10-2007, 09:41 AM
Next year it will terrible to watch.. Rockwall will only have 25 out of 78(on roster) players return and none will be at key positions. Total rebuilding of the Offense and Defense. :cry

We lose QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 4 OL, 3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB.. pretty much the all the starters this year.

PLUS Rockwall will be moving down to 4A (maybe that is a good thing!) next year.

backthepack
12-10-2007, 09:43 AM
Not very promising.

PackAttack2005
12-10-2007, 11:01 AM
Except for Jamarcus McFarland Lufkin will be rebuildig again in many areas. Lufkin has run the course and will become a just a 1 or 2 round playoff program unless several things are addressed. One would be going back to the basics of what made our program great in the first place, this applies both players and coaches.

rebel27
12-10-2007, 11:26 AM
reagan will be returning some key players

starting d tackle
starting middle linebacker
starting strongside linebacker
2 starting safetys
starting corner

starting qb
starting te
starting tackle

plus some good non starters

Without Marcus all of those starters mean absolutely nothing. Reagan will be just another program from here on out. You had your shot, now it's over. And let's not forget that LBJ is opening. Let's see how well you do after that.

StormingCowboy
12-10-2007, 02:12 PM
Unfortunately we will be in 4A, but Carter will come in storming. Carter is losing key players DBs Lubbock Smith and Juan McHenry(also RB), LB/RB Reso Washington, DL Nick Prater and a few O-linemen. The other seniors are solid but can be replaced.

Other than that everyone else is coming back with a lot of experience including:

QB Jarvis Phillips- Jr
LB/RB Anthony Miller-JR
DB/RB Trevion Miller- Soph
DB- Russell Shepherd Soph
DL/WR Keshawn Gaither Soph
OL- Dalvin Glass- Soph
QB/WR/DB- Russell Polk- Soph
TE/DL- Darren Polk-Jr
DL -Chris Henderson- Jr
WR- Demardick Gary- Jr

..just to name a few plus some solid players moving up from an undefeated JV squad and there are some freshmen who's impact will be see next year.

it's postive to know that these guys went to the 3rd of the playoffs, lossed a close game, and are coming back.

New Westfield Fan
12-10-2007, 02:31 PM
At Westfield we have a nice group of returnees and some exciting newcomers.

Returning Starters and Significant Playing time in 07:

# 9 Jacoby Walker QB - had a promising soph season. 82/159 - 1286 yards - 20 Tds 5 ints
# 4 Barry Ford WR 21/325 9 tds
# 1 Adam Watson WR 12/252 5 tds also several KO/P return TDs
# 2 Ja-Mes Logan WR 15/283 4 tds
#52 Jonathan Jones C
# 7 Anthony Kegler SS (Soph)
#16 Aaron Harris DE (Soph)
#42 Terre' Camille LB
#96 Austin Mayes DT
#17 Ernesto Lazo K/P

Exciting players expected to step in as starters:

# 5 Denerick Demby QB/RB/WR
#18 Roland Hannah LB (Soph)
#50 Chris Mitchell LB (Soph)
#31 Sherrod Daniels FS
#77 Harold Hampton DT (Soph)
#20 JaMarcus Morning RB (Soph)
#27 Clinton Lucas FB
#36 Anthony Tubbs LB (Soph)
#35 Mark Johnson DB (Soph)
#86 AJ Estien TE

We will have to rebuild the Secondary and the OL, but we are in good shape on the Offensive Skill players, LBs and DL. I think Westfield has a good chance of making another playoff run with the 08-09 group.

sgp3
12-10-2007, 02:58 PM
SGP will return 7 off starters and 8 defense starters next year and with some more players coming off a 8-2 jv squad and with a lot weight lifting and running better team chemistry SGP should have a very nice sqaud next year.:D

TEAMFALCON
12-10-2007, 04:52 PM
Los Fresnos Falcons 2008:

Starting QB- 1300 yards 6'0 230 (missed last 4 games-District Championship that was won with 2nd stringer, Bi-District game won with second stringer, Area Championship won with 2nd stringer, Regional Semi loss to Reagan with 2nd stringer.
Starting RB-2032 yards rushing in 13 games
Starting WR-10 TD's 550 yard rec.
Starting WR
Starting OL
Starting DE-6'4 200 (8 sacks)
Starting LB-6'0 180
Starting LB-
Starting DB (will be a JR)
Starting DB

The Falcons have been doing pretty good the past few years:

Just entered the 5A Ranks 4 years ago.

2004-5A (1st year) 4-6
2005-5A 9-3
2006-5A 12-1 (loss to Westlake 3rd round)
2006-5A 10-3 (loss to Reagan 3rd round)

2 District Championships
3 Area Championships
2 Regional Semifinal Appearances

WoodzDad
12-10-2007, 04:52 PM
The Woodlands were also loaded with underclassmen. Including the surprise package they brought up from the Freshman team for the Westfield game. If they can get some internal issues sorted out, they will be extremely dangerous.

The Woodlands defensively will need to replace one huge impact player at safety - Returning 9 starters. Offensively, they must replace most of the line, FB, RB and QB.

The freshman RB (Soph to be) had ~350 yards in two games and 260 against Westfield with the possibility of another freshman (now 8th) RB seeing playing time during the year.

Offensively, if the Woodz play to their strengths, will be hard to stop in 2008.

The trick will be to bring more defensive front 7 pressure and give up fewer big plays in 2008. I expect the returning defense will be bigger, faster and stronger as SRs. The returning lettermen will learn to dominant the line of scrimmage and the secondary will be well seasoned.

biggolfdad
12-10-2007, 05:14 PM
Abilene High will have 6 starters back on defense and I think 4 starters back on offense. We will have several kids who played quite a bit, but did not start , that will be back also.

:)

SV61
12-10-2007, 05:17 PM
I know San Antonio Madison is still alive this year, but i can't wait to see what they do next year and the two years following. Aaron Green has everyone in this district talking...and apparently, 6'4 super soph, Nate Askew really IS good....who'da thunk it? :p

Damn, he's grown an inch since Saturday?

All right, what exactly IS in the water over there??

:D

OakTreeUp-n-Out
12-10-2007, 06:15 PM
No Carroll are done, only to disappear into oblivion!!??

I'm sorry, I think you meant to say 'Bolivian'. - Mike Tyson

eaglesflyhigher
12-10-2007, 07:20 PM
DeSoto JV won district and freshman team went undefeated (winning district) but depending on who comes in for the HC job (or, worst case, Meadows stays) that will be the primary factor in how well we do.

I expect us to make the playoffs, at least as the 3rd or 4th seed from the district.

Rapture
12-10-2007, 07:40 PM
Now as far as our district goes, who knows? We lose Carter:cry, who will replace them:confused: That better be one of our non-district games:cool: As far as the rest of our non-district, i hope they don't give us a weak schedule.
rumor is tyler lee and john tyler. but there are other choices

Rapture
12-10-2007, 07:50 PM
TYLER LEE has a great group returning on the defensive side close to 7 or 8 starters. the offense is just returning 1 starter. the offenive line will be very young. by the that one starter on offense is the best anybody can ever have just about,RB dada brown is a great talent he is up there with past tyler heros derek farmer ,tyrone ross, (past tyler lee backs ) and kendall hunter,earl cambell) past john tyler backs that DADA brown will match fame wise and stat wise. you all will see a very great player in this one. started as a sophmore this year. LEE also returns a qb who some think will be a great also in LUKE WAGNER whoom also started many games as a sohpmore hisself this season.

NSMustangProud
12-10-2007, 08:32 PM
I was just reading an article. We have some great juniors who will be back next year (Thad Randle, Daniel Salinas, Jestin White, Barrett Matthews) and then of course Deandre Jones and our great little soph. Tracy Woods.

I look forward to another great team next year! I'm ready already!

SGP 06 Alumni
12-10-2007, 10:35 PM

Warrior, I think we will be better than OK. We played some very good teams down to the wire this year. We didn't lose to South Garland by much, and they were 9-1, won their district, and went to the second round losing to Longview(who lost in the D2 Region II Finals). We lost to Mansfield Summit by a game winning field goal who went on to go 9-1, and won their district. Our defense played exceptionally well all year, and if we would have had some more experience on offense we could have won some more games. With 15 returning starters next season, we should be in real good shape. Also, we should be improved at the running back position now that Evans is gone. He had blazing speed, but couldn't brake a tackle if his life depended on it. Our future looks very bright at South Grand Prairie. I have to think that the coaches were excited about something when they told me they couldn't wait for the 09' class to be seniors:). They told me that when I was a senior, right after our playoff run ended against Plano (05' Warriors). Just to clarify, I wasn't on the team, but knew the coaches and was friends with a lot of the players on that team.

All of these players will be seniors next year.
WR,DB Dewayne Peace 6' 185lbs
WR William Adams 5'11" 175lbs
DB Thomas Ferguson 6'1" 195lbs
DL,OL Derek Morrison 6'2" 305lbs
DL Joey Searcy 6'1" 265lbs
OL William "Tyler" Mullins 6'3" 275lbs

I don't know if this guy will play, or if he has the talent to play on Varisty next season, but his size is impressive as a sophomore. He will be a junior next year.
RB,LB Demetrius Thompson 5'8" 221lbs

This guy also has impressive size, and could be a gap closer against the run. He will be a senior next year.
DL Chris Sallis 5'9" 343lbs

Watch out for WR's Will Adams and Dewayne Peace next year. They should have much bigger roles in the offense with the QB having a year of Varsity experience under his belt. They were big time players when their numbers were called this year. Also, I expect Sedric Bates to take a step forward in being a Varsity QB. He looked shaky a lot of the time this season, but showed some promise later in the season. I hope this carries over to the off-season, where he can improve and be ready for the 2008 regular season. Our defense is going to be even better than it was this year. Whatever district we fall into, those teams won't score very often against the Warriors.

Texasfrog
12-11-2007, 01:26 AM
Who are the teams that have their starting QB, RB & WR and at least 6 defensive starters coming back for 2008 ? I think Plano might be one of those.

Texasfrog
12-11-2007, 01:29 AM
;):D

SLC will come back strong next year. In fact I think they might have one of the stronger teams ever next year.

twcpfan1
12-11-2007, 06:47 AM
The Woodlands defensively will need to replace one huge impact player at safety - Returning 9 starters. Offensively, they must replace most of the line, FB, RB and QB.

The freshman RB (Soph to be) had ~350 yards in two games and 260 against Westfield with the possibility of another freshman (now 8th) RB seeing playing time during the year.

Offensively, if the Woodz play to their strengths, will be hard to stop in 2008.

The trick will be to bring more defensive front 7 pressure and give up fewer big plays in 2008. I expect the returning defense will be bigger, faster and stronger as SRs. The returning lettermen will learn to dominant the line of scrimmage and the secondary will be well seasoned.

Frankly, I'm seeing a 2003 type year if not better in Div 1, coming up for The Woodlands with the returning talent. Of course, that would be contingent upon the coaching staff, players and parents being on the same page next year.

College Park will be young, but we don't typically play you guys until late in the season. So hopefully, it will be a competitive game.

sgp3
12-11-2007, 08:22 AM
Hey you left out some players :D The RB position is the only open position that is up for grab a the skill position. These are some of the players you left off:D
Returning defense So all in all SGP will be returning 9 players back on defense that actually play on Varsity in games last year
DE Randell Dent 6'5 290 Returning starter/ Sr
DE/NG Joey Search 6'1 275 Returning starter/Sr
DB Robert Plamer 6'0 180 part time starter/Sr
DB Vincent McDaniel 5'8 145 Returning Starter/SR
LB Thomas Fergurson 6'1 195 was starting safety move to LB for next year/SR
LB Ashton Marcus returning starter/SR
LB Patrick Niwparoawa 5'9 185 Returning starter/SR
S Joel Esquadas 5'10 was a the dog position but had been move to saftey/SR
LB Byrant Irvin 5'10 179 part time starter last year/JR

Overall view need to find someone to play the other safety spot and a new DL and if SGP can get some more depth on defense I think they can make a deep run next year.

Returning Offense players 8
WR Will Adams 6'0 175 returning starter led team in rec/SR
WR Dewayne Peace 6'1 170 returning starter big plays/SR
WR Dejuan Thorthon 5'7 145 returning starter very quick/SR
TE Ryan Fitch 6'5 185 3 year starter came on a the end of the year/SR
OT Tyler Mullins 6'4 270 very good lineman/SR
OG Derker Morisson 6'5 300 very powerful/SR
C #56 will be returning don't know his name but very good/SR
QB Sedric Bates 5'9 165 very good runner passing is improving/SR

The offense should be very improve next year with the help of 7 on 7 and and with the help of another year of varsity under there belt this team could make run in district next year. And after district the sky is the limit.

Warrior, I think we will be better than OK. We played some very good teams down to the wire this year. We didn't lose to South Garland by much, and they were 9-1, won their district, and went to the second round losing to Longview(who lost in the D2 Region II Finals). We lost to Mansfield Summit by a game winning field goal who went on to go 9-1, and won their district. Our defense played exceptionally well all year, and if we would have had some more experience on offense we could have won some more games. With 15 returning starters next season, we should be in real good shape. Also, we should be improved at the running back position now that Evans is gone. He had blazing speed, but couldn't brake a tackle if his life depended on it. Our future looks very bright at South Grand Prairie. I have to think that the coaches were excited about something when they told me they couldn't wait for the 09' class to be seniors:). They told me that when I was a senior, right after our playoff run ended against Plano (05' Warriors). Just to clarify, I wasn't on the team, but knew the coaches and was friends with a lot of the players on that team.

All of these players will be seniors next year.
WR,DB Dewayne Peace 6' 185lbs
WR William Adams 5'11" 175lbs
DB Thomas Ferguson 6'1" 195lbs
DL,OL Derek Morrison 6'2" 305lbs
DL Joey Searcy 6'1" 265lbs
OL William "Tyler" Mullins 6'3" 275lbs

I don't know if this guy will play, or if he has the talent to play on Varisty next season, but his size is impressive as a sophomore. He will be a junior next year.
RB,LB Demetrius Thompson 5'8" 221lbs

This guy also has impressive size, and could be a gap closer against the run. He will be a senior next year.
DL Chris Sallis 5'9" 343lbs

Watch out for WR's Will Adams and Dewayne Peace next year. They should have much bigger roles in the offense with the QB having a year of Varsity experience under his belt. They were big time players when their numbers were called this year. Also, I expect Sedric Bates to take a step forward in being a Varsity QB. He looked shaky a lot of the time this season, but showed some promise later in the season. I hope this carries over to the off-season, where he can improve and be ready for the 2008 regular season. Our defense is going to be even better than it was this year. Whatever district we fall into, those teams won't score very often against the Warriors.

SV61
12-11-2007, 10:46 AM
I seem to remember an SV parent telling me this year's starters were senior heavy.

SV teams usually ARE Senior heavy. The 07 team especially.

It is funny, but many times when SV rebuilds, is when they do all right.

The JV more than held it's own. Not the same as Varsity, but a barometer none the less.

fitz400
12-11-2007, 11:20 AM
next year will be the start of a decline in the pearland football team. IMHO, lots of talent leaving and lots to reload at

GOBIGIKE#1
12-11-2007, 11:49 AM
Who are the teams that have their starting QB, RB & WR and at least 6 defensive starters coming back for 2008 ? I think Plano might be one of those.

Aldine Eisenhower has the starting QB, RB, 3 WR, TE, and 1 OL returning with 6 returning starters on the defensive side of the ball including 3 DL and 3 DB. All the skill players on offense will be in their 3rd year as starters in 2008. Kenneth Guiton, IKE's QB, was one of the leading QB's in the Houston area during the 2007 season. He has all his receivers back in 2008 with both Gregory Timmons and Jazz Reynolds (both at about 6'-2", 185-190lbs, and 4.5/40 range) having all-district type performances under their belt. Curtis McGregor (5'-9" at 195lbs), the primary running back returning in 2008, had games in 2007 where he rushed for 150+ yards and those where he had 150+ yards receiving depending on what IKE needed that game.

Craig Loston, starting at DB since his all-district freshman year, very well might be the best defensive back in Texas (6'-2", 195lbs, 4.4/40) during his senior year in 2008.

BIG IKE ought to be back to being one of the top five high school football teams in the Houston area and state ranked in 2008!

GOBIGIKE#1
THE SWOOP IS DEFINITELY BACK!

Texasfrog
12-11-2007, 12:32 PM
Aldine Eisenhower has the starting QB, RB, 3 WR, TE, and 1 OL returning with 6 returning starters on the defensive side of the ball including 3 DL and 3 DB. All the skill players on offense will be in their 3rd year as starters in 2008. Kenneth Guiton, IKE's QB, was one of the leading QB's in the Houston area during the 2007 season. He has all his receivers back in 2008 with both Gregory Timmons and Jazz Reynolds (both at about 6'-2", 185-190lbs, and 4.5/40 range) having all-district type performances under their belt. Curtis McGregor (5'-9" at 195lbs), the primary running back returning in 2008, had games in 2007 where he rushed for 150+ yards and those where he had 150+ yards receiving depending on what IKE needed that game.

Craig Loston, starting at DB since his all-district freshman year, very well might be the best defensive back in Texas (6'-2", 195lbs, 4.4/40) during his senior year in 2008.

BIG IKE ought to be back to being one of the top five high school football teams in the Houston area and state ranked in 2008!

GOBIGIKE#1

Sounds like they have all the key pieces in place for 2008 to make a serious run. That would be nice because we havent really heard much from IKE in awhile as far as a playoff run goes. Would like to see it.

PS. Loston sounds like a stud.

JCP1984
12-11-2007, 12:33 PM
Dallas Jesuit will be very good on offense with seven returning starters but will be very young and inexperienced on defense with only one returning starters. The best kicker/punter returns, so they will be good there. I don't know if they will be better in 2008 or not. They should be able to score lots of points, but they will be trying to build a defense around lots of new, young, and inexperienced players. I think they'll find a way to make the playoffs for the third year in a row, but I don't know if they will be a top 20 team or a team to beat in the area.

Players to Watch:
OG Eric Tausch- returning starter / 6' 3, 280 pounds / 3-year letterman in '08
OG Brandon Haynes- returning starter / 6' 3, 300 pounds / 3-yr l'man in '08
K Nick Tausch- big-time leg as kicker and punter
QB Brent Miller- rteurning starter who threw for 1,500 yds and 11 TD's
TB Kyle Van de Ven-returning starter / 750 yds rushing & 4 TD's
DT Patrick Beachner- returning starter / 66 tackles, 14 TFL, 2 FR, 1 INT
FB-DT Cole Joiner- returnign starter / great blocker / will start at DT
LB Ben Donnelli- returning letterman / MLB / 38 tackles, 5 TFL, 4 QBP
CB-TB CJ Haley- 360 yards rushing, 3 TD / 5 tackles & 1 INT as a CB
FB Sam Crain-175 yards rushing, 81 yards receiving, good blocker
TE Jake Allyn- returning starter / 8-95 yds & 2 TD receiving

hollywood
12-11-2007, 08:39 PM
Hey you left out some players :D The RB position is the only open position that is up for grab a the skill position. These are some of the players you left off:D
Returning defense So all in all SGP will be returning 9 players back on defense that actually play on Varsity in games last year

Overall view need to find someone to play the other safety spot and a new DL and if SGP can get some more depth on defense I think they can make a deep run next year.

The offense should be very improve next year with the help of 7 on 7 and and with the help of another year of varsity under there belt this team could make run in district next year. And after district the sky is the limit.

bobcat83
12-11-2007, 09:21 PM
SV will have 10 new starters on eacg side of the ball! But you can bet they will be very competitive.Curious about the QB position as Seniors took almost all the snaps.

SGP 06 Alumni
12-11-2007, 09:30 PM

Sounds good to me!:D

Maybe that 343 pound guy I mentioned will help solidify or defense or offensive line. I don't know a thing about him, but if he has power and speed to go with that size, he could become something very nice to watch on the field.

sgp3
12-11-2007, 10:18 PM
Well he did not play this year and I will leave that where it is ;)

Sounds good to me!:D

Maybe that 343 pound guy I mentioned will help solidify or defense or offensive line. I don't know a thing about him, but if he has power and speed to go with that size, he could become something very nice to watch on the field.

stonypointdb#4
12-12-2007, 06:38 PM
Stony Point Will be a strong team next year lost to westfield in the second round but have a lot of returning starters (7 on defense:notworthy, 6 on offense:notworthy) 13 total RETURNING STARTERS:):D.

OFFENSIVE RETURNING STARTERS: (AS OF NEXT YEAR 2008 SEAOSN):
(SR)#13 QB NYK McKISSICK
(SR)#7 WR GLASCO MARTIN
(SO.)#27 RB STEPHEN WILLIAMS
(JR)#80 TE GERRARD SHILLOW
(SR)#10 WR AUSTIN CASWELL
(SR)#75 OL JESUS GARZA

:notworthyDEFENSIVE RETURNING STARTERS:
(SR) #4 CB JULIAN DOZIER
(SR)#9 DB KENNY BROWDER
(JR)#6 DB DAVID FULGENCIO
(JR)#44 LB NATHEN GODFREY
(SR)#5 DE TEVIN MIMS
(SR)#91 DL DARNELL ARMSTRONG
(SR)#42 DE ARTHUR NWEKE

eagleswoop#1
12-13-2007, 12:18 AM

GOBIGIKE#1

All of this depends on whoever becomes the new head coach at Ike. If the coaching staff is kept intact, then a state championship may be on the horizon in 2008. If things are shaken up coaching wise, then kids may transfer and the program is back at square one when Phipps first took over. It's a very volatile situation right now.

62tiger
12-13-2007, 04:06 PM
Katy will have a rebuilding year. That is also what they said in '03. :D Michael Webber will be back in action at the RB spot. I think Terrence Fredrick will be back as well. He will be a crucial leader for the defense.

T-Fred is a Senior

b.man
12-13-2007, 07:40 PM
The Graduation bug will hit Katy the same way it hit Cy-Falls.....

Not likely. Katy's 2nd and 3rd teams have seen nearly as much time in the second half of most games as the starters have in the first half. Katy will be loaded with experienced players again next year. One of the benefits of blowing games out early...

SLC93
12-13-2007, 09:08 PM
Not likely. Katy's 2nd and 3rd teams have seen nearly as much time in the second half of most games as the starters have in the first half. Katy will be loaded with experienced players again next year. One of the benefits of blowing games out early...

And constantly playing 4-6 rounds deep in the post season. I know I sound like a broken record sometimes but these are key factors in why programs like Katy & Carroll are so consistently strong. That's alot of extra practice, film and game time for these kids. It makes a huge difference.

62tiger
12-14-2007, 09:12 AM
And constantly playing 4-6 rounds deep in the post season. I know I sound like a broken record sometimes but these are key factors in why programs like Katy & Carroll are so consistently strong. That's alot of extra practice, film and game time for these kids. It makes a huge difference.

Very true statement. It's like a couple of extra Spring Trainings.

SLC93
12-14-2007, 09:57 AM
Very true statement. It's like a couple of extra Spring Trainings.

Think of Carroll's 6 years in 5A. The most playoff games you can participate in over 6 seasons is 36. Carroll's played 33. That's the equivalent of 3 1/3 regular seasons. That's three season's of practice, film & games almost everybody else isn't getting. It's a huge ingredient in the recipe. Off season work in great but there is no substitute for practice time and game experience. I'll stop with the hijack, now.:D

green day
12-14-2007, 01:00 PM
Let's add juniors to be Cody Weaver, tackle, and Tony Barone, center/guard to that list of players to watch next fall with game experience... a couple of hosses down in the trenches, ohhhh, myyyy...

HomeofChampions'06
12-14-2007, 01:17 PM
T-Fred is a Senior

drat...we need to get guys on the 5 year plan. :D

Mavericks66
12-14-2007, 08:34 PM
WATCH OUT

fo'

#60 Aaron Flores DL(6-0 200 lbs) - little backup time on varsity, buuuut.... started with #66 Alex Saucedo DL( 5-9 170lbs) and #35 Rashaad Strong MLB on JV with probably the best inside defense Madison has seen

kthxbi

New Westfield Fan
12-14-2007, 11:15 PM
Think of Carroll's 6 years in 5A. The most playoff games you can participate in over 6 seasons is 36. Carroll's played 33. That's the equivalent of 3 1/3 regular seasons. That's three season's of practice, film & games almost everybody else isn't getting. It's a huge ingredient in the recipe. Off season work in great but there is no substitute for practice time and game experience. I'll stop with the hijack, now.:D

WOW - we should all bow down and worship the mighty Southlake Carroll Dragons. A moment of silence please shhhhh. We should all give up and let them play.....

Lemme let you in on a little secret.... (no one cares about SLC except SLC......)

SLC93 - My vote for Homer of the year.

samavsfan23
12-14-2007, 11:15 PM
WATCH OUT

fo'

#60 Aaron Flores DL(6-0 200 lbs) - little backup time on varsity, buuuut.... started with #66 Alex Saucedo DL( 5-9 170lbs) and #35 Rashaad Strong MLB on JV with probably the best inside defense Madison has seen

kthxbi

Good to know. Were they added to the PO roster???

New Westfield Fan
12-14-2007, 11:18 PM
Stony Point Will be a strong team next year lost to westfield in the second round but have a lot of returning starters (7 on defense:notworthy, 6 on offense:notworthy) 13 total RETURNING STARTERS:):D.

(SR)#13 QB NYK McKISSICK
(SR)#7 WR GLASCO MARTIN
(SR)#75 OL JESUS GARZA

(SR) #4 CB JULIAN DOZIER
(SR)#9 DB KENNY BROWDER
(SR)#5 DE TEVIN MIMS
(SR)#42 DE ARTHUR NWEKE

This team looks like it will be stout in 08!!!

green day
12-15-2007, 08:16 AM
Lemme let you in on a little secret.... (no one cares about SLC except SLC......)

You must be new to these parts, fella. Go back to most discussions on Southlake football and you'll see plenty of folks "caring" enough to join in. And were all those in attendance at Ford Stadium in September SLC fans?

SLC93 is a football fan, that's a cheap shot...

Add LB Robbie Miller to the players to watch in green next season.... hardest hitter on the team.

30 Year Allen Fan
12-15-2007, 11:40 AM
Well, the Eagles should be pretty good next year. We do have some key players returning. However, we will be losing some good players as well. I don't know if they will win 95A, but they will be fun to watch.

Tantal
12-16-2007, 02:29 AM
With Plano returning Meger and Burkhead, and Trinity returning McGhee, Robinson, Tucker, and Smith on offense, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Trinity/Plano rematch one year from today.

slcdragonfan
12-16-2007, 04:38 AM
WOW - we should all bow down and worship the mighty Southlake Carroll Dragons. A moment of silence please shhhhh. We should all give up and let them play.....

Is that because you will never play us?:)

Personally, I like following the winning programs not just the teams we play. Tell me about Westfield how about?

NSStangs#1fan
12-16-2007, 09:45 PM
I think the big question about NS for next yr is who will fill McGinty's shoes?

I'm excited about this 08 team! I just hope we can find another great QB!

shooter
12-16-2007, 10:28 PM
WATCH OUT

fo'

kthxbi

Rashaad is going to have to move outside Catlin has a home at the MLB spot for the next two years. The other two need to get in the weight room over the winter and they will be very good. They were on the sideline watching the Katy defense, that's were you want to get someday

shooter
12-16-2007, 10:32 PM
I am anticipating Madison is also going to take a hit real soon when NEISD announces the Head Coach at Johnson (maybe as soon as tomorrow)

Mantis
12-16-2007, 11:22 PM

His dad, Tony Green, Sr. told me that Aaron ran a hand timed 4.45 forty in the 8th grade. He's 5'-11" and 172 lbs. as a freshman. Rumor has it he's already run sub 4.4 in the forty. He also hates contact and runs like Reggie Bush. Everything is out of bounds or for a TD.

shooter
12-16-2007, 11:38 PM
His dad, Tony Green, Sr. told me that Aaron ran a hand timed 4.45 forty in the 8th grade. He's 5'-11" and 172 lbs. as a freshman. Rumor has it he's already run sub 4.4 in the forty. He also hates contact and runs like Reggie Bush. Everything is out of bounds or for a TD.

I have seen him play he needs to protect the ball but he does not mind taking a hit or two. Madison offince is all about getting to the outside or into space so he will do fine

The Warrior
12-17-2007, 08:58 AM
Well he did not play this year and I will leave that where it is ;)

#75 and #76 are hoping for some spot play on the DL in 2009, but not sure the coaches are buying at this time.
On the O-line 3 of the 5 seem set with Graff(C)/Morrison(SG)/Mullins(ST) on the strong side.

If the search for help on the d-line doesn't pan out they can use this option:
I like the sound of a 4 man front on the DL. #90, #76, #75, #40.

They have a big guy (Meat) who could be a candidate for NG, or OL.

Alum06:

At this time I don't think Solis(343 lbs) is in the mix.

shslb15
12-17-2007, 03:21 PM
Its hard to say how Stratford will do next year. Offensively i kind of hope they go back to an I formation and run the ball with acouple of good backs in Rodney Anderson and Todd Ten Have. QB is a different story with possibly one of the most beloved stratford players since Craig James leaving for Stanford. Two upcoming juniors, Andrew Mitchell and Mark Benninger, should compete and both have their strengths and weaknesses. One is alittle more gutsy and gamey than the other but the other has a nicer ball. The O-line returns michael gibson who will be a junior who is a beast and should only get better. The D should look pretty good. Mizzou commit Jimmy Burge is gone after 3 good years at Nose so that position is void but terrance lloyd who is seeing offers from lots of schools is a site to see at around 6'5'' somewhere in the 220-235 range and runs a sub 5.0 at D end linebacker has a lot of canidates and the back end returns two playmakers at safty with Jackie Simmons and Jerry Young... i'd like to see two juniors start at corner both are playmakers Derwin Amboree who is maybe 5'6'' but makes int. above 6'0'' recievers and a very good punt returner and Jackie's little brother Garrick who will be coming off a knee injury but still should be a good player. The wide receivers should be decent. Some soph. should step up but Jrs. Brett Benninger and Trevor Davis are about the same in terms of size and speed.

Stratford hopefully can find an identity and a underclassman heavy team can claim one of the 4 playoff spots. It should be hard with Ike looking like its back to its old days. Losing Andrew Luck will set Stratford back acouple years but like a program should each year its kids get bigger and more athletic so i still think the play offs are reachable. That is if Stratford is still a 5A team next year because the numbers don't look good.

dada
12-17-2007, 03:34 PM
drat...we need to get guys on the 5 year plan. :D

Keep an eye out for Sam Holl......only a sophmore this year....going to be a good one.

78 Spartan
12-17-2007, 05:54 PM
Stratford loses QB Andrew Luck, which is obviously a loss that cannot be measured. We also lose Jimmy Burge, who anchored the defensive line for three years, and dominated when he was healthy this year.

However, I look for Stratford to take advantage of more returning starters than we've had in a long time, especially at the skill positions. Our challenge will be to identify the next QB and to build depth at both OL and DL where we have only a couple of known quantities.

Offensively, the returning star will be Rodney Anderson at RB. Rodney gained over 1,000 yards in 13 games despite not being the starter until halfway into the season. He is as quick as a hiccup and just ask Cy Falls if the kid can play. He's seriously tough for a little guy and can catch the ball coming out of the backfield. Rodney also did a great job with ball security all year long. I love the guy and so do his teammates.

However, keep in mind that he was most effective because the defenses were focusing on trying to slow down Luck, so next year it will be more difficult most of the time.

We'll have depth at RB also. Tim Graves, who started the season as the #1 RB but gave way to Rodney mid-season due largely to a gimpy knee. He will be healed up and back ready to go this spring. When he was healthy he was every bit as much a threat as Rodney became. Also, sophomore Todd Ten Have was a nice surprise coming in to relieve Anderson down the stretch with some nice play. So we have three very fine RBs with varsity experience, which tells me the offense will probably shift a bit towards a more balanced attack rather than the pass-first scheme that was built to feature Mr. Luck. For Stratford to maximize their chances next year, the coaches will have to find ways for both Anderson and Graves to be on the field at the same time (and possibly Ten Have also).

QB will be interesting. Sophomore Andrew Mitchell guided the JV to a nice record before coming up to varsity at the very end of the season as the #3 QB. With #1 and #2 gone, he will be looked to as the presumed starter when the spring starts. Look for him to be challenged by sophomore Mark Benninger and freshman Terrance Louis, who was really spectacular as freshmen go. Who knows in what hands the QB position will be, and part of that will be determined also by what kind of scheme the Spartans elect to run.

At WR the group was mostly seniors, but sophomore Brett Benninger definitely won a starting position. He has the opportunity to develop into another John Sorsby --- a kid we really missed this past year. We still need to find a burner for the outside, but there's a good chance that one of our spare RBs will get turned into a receiver, and Ten Have could easily be an H-back with another 15 pounds of muscle.

On the OL we'll look to sophomore Michael Gibson, who started the whole year and played very well, to anchor. He was young and made some mistakes, but he's a weightroom animal who will be far more athletic next season and brings a fairly nasty disposition to the group. Junior Gasca is an underclassman who got some playing time last year, but traditionally O-line is a senior-dominated group. This year we only brought back one kid with varsity experience on offense, and OL coach Jason Sanders was able to build a pretty fine OL this year that did a great job pass blocking all year. Bet we spend more of the spring teaching those boys to go forward.

On defense, we'll have one of the best DE's around, Terrence Lloyd. Lloyd is a no-brainer D1 prospect with offers already in hand. At 6'5" and 230 with great speed, he just finished playing his second year of any kind of organized football. In his first game, he pretty much trashed the first half of Sam McGuffie's season with a CLEAN tackle. He had a field day rushing Kolby Gray in the Cy Falls game. The kid will be tremendous next year, worth the price of admission all by himself. With another year worth of growth (both up and thickness) and 13 games of varsity experience, he will wreac havoc next year. Unfortunately, the rest of the DL will be anybody's guess. There's a younger Burge coming up in the system but not clear whether he'll be ready next year.

Stratford will be stacked at LB and in the defensive backfield. Juniors Carson Brown and Jonathan Baron got plenty of action this year, and sophomore Campbell Colyer came up late in the year and impressed a lot of people. That's more experience than we had coming back this year at LB.

The DBs will be very talented. Jackie Simmons was probably our best DB all year this year and he'll be back, along with his kid brother Garrick Simmons, who is going to be bigger and meaner at SS. FS Jerry Young had a very good year also. Having three kids like that coming back tells me the defense will be good, with pretty good speed in the secondary. Another youngster I look for to get a shot at varsity this spring is Matthew Sherrard, who can play either DB or WR and has great speed and good instincts. He was impressive as a freshman safety and might have the athleticism to make the jump to varsity. We'll see.

Jerry Young also punted this year when Andrew Luck got hobbled. He didn't have Andrew's leg but he had better form and the results were almost the same. The most promising placekicker in the whole Stratford program might have been on the freshman team, so I think the kicking game will be okay.

So, lots of strengths coming back with depth at the skill positions, but question marks at QB and at OL and DL. Luck and Burge will sadly be gone after three unbelievable years, but hopefully the winning attitude stays right where it is. That's how I see it headed into the spring.

I think it's going to be tough for anybody in 19-5A (assuming the district stays largely intact through re-alignment) to compete with Eisenhower's talent pool. No one will admit it, but the district race will probably be for second. Stratford should definitely be in the hunt next year, but without Luck the defense will have to get a lot better and the running game will have to carry more of the load behind a yet-to-be-determined O-line.

More to report in the spring.

Losing Andrew Luck will set Stratford back acouple years but like a program should each year its kids get bigger and more athletic so i still think the play offs are reachable. That is if Stratford is still a 5A team next year because the numbers don't look good.

I think the conventional thinking is we'll just barely remain 5A. But it will be close. If they raise the bar very far on 5A, we could find ourselves playing in 4A. Stratford would be a very salty 4A team IMHO. We would over time have the advantages that have accrued to Highland Park by playing in 4A and while the road trips would be longer, Stratford could be a real power at the 4A level year in and year out. I believe this year we would have been comparable talent-wise to Lamar Consolidated who won the 4A D1 title.

sgp3
12-19-2007, 10:31 AM
They only go to 4 man line when when all else fails:confused: I don't think big boy ever been in the mix:rolleyes: And it some nice DL on the JV and I think if we can find two more nice OL we should be alright got to give the QB time to get the ball to #3 and 19 and #11.:D And oh by the way #1 the QB is working out with a QB coach twice a week:D

#75 and #76 are hoping for some spot play on the DL in 2009, but not sure the coaches are buying at this time.
On the O-line 3 of the 5 seem set with Graff(C)/Morrison(SG)/Mullins(ST) on the strong side.

If the search for help on the d-line doesn't pan out they can use this option:
I like the sound of a 4 man front on the DL. #90, #76, #75, #40.

They have a big guy (Meat) who could be a candidate for NG, or OL.

Alum06:

At this time I don't think Solis(343 lbs) is in the mix.

Redhoss
12-19-2007, 01:49 PM
Odessa High should finally be back in the playoffs. They have their QB, RB, 6 of their top 7 WR's, and 3 O-lineman returning.

The defense will be inexperienced, but more athletic.

The Bronchos are also suppose to have Baron Batch's brother at RB. He is the best athlete in the city's freshman class by far.

Returning starters
Soph. QB Derrick Teegarden (5-11 160) - 1,258 yards passing - 492 yards rushing - 13 TD's
Jr. RB JJ Hill (5-11 175) - 413 yards rushing - 68 yards receiving - 1 TD
Jr. WR Javorian Guyton (6-2 170) - 14 rec. - 143 yards - 2 TD's
Jr. WR Miles Torres (5-10 160) - 29 rec. - 375 yards - 5 TD's
Soph. WR Gabriel Rodriguez (5-10 160) - 17 rec. - 208 yards - 1 TD
Jr. OL Ruben Talamantes (6-3 275)
Soph. OL/DL Matt Gonzales (5-11 230)
Soph. OL Enrique Munoz (5-11 230)
Jr. DL Richard Getts (5-11 200) - 3 sacks in 5 games
Jr. DB Tyler Mints (5-8 160)
Jr. K/P Travis Austin - Kicked 3 FG's over 40 yards

Other players to watch
Soph. WR Felix Neboh (5-8 160) - 9 rec. - 94 yards - 1 TD
Soph. WR Tyler McQueen (5-11 160) - 7 rec. - 110 yards - 1 TD
Jr. WR Joseph Limon (5-8 160) - 5 rec. - 65 yards
Jr. RB/LB Dean Ramos (5-9 180) - 37 yards rushing - 32 yards receiving - 2 TD's
Soph. RB/DB Ronnie Marquez (5-8 160)
Jr. OL Jonathan Ormsby (6-7 220)
Jr. DL Matt Soto (6-1 190)
Jr. DL Dex Dennard (6-4 200)
Soph. LB Kody Tennison (5-11 185)
Soph. LB Patric Mackey (5-8 180)
Jr. DB Antoine Banks (5-10 165)
Jr. DB Ricardo Enriquez (5-10 165)
Soph. DB Stephen Eggins (5-8 160)

Well this does sound promising. :D

82 5A State Champs
12-19-2007, 08:00 PM
West Brook should be in VERY good shape for the '08 season. The Bruins will have EIGHT offensive starters returning, including our QB-Christian Louis, RB-Christine Michael(2800+yards in the last two seasons), and RB-Jordan Garrett. I'm told that there is a wide receiver who did not play this season (injury)that will likely start next year. The defense for the Bruins will also return SIX starters. With a good group of JV kids coming up to help fill some holes, West Brook should be in good shape to make a deep playoff run next year!:D

Maxthedog
12-20-2007, 02:24 PM
DeSoto JV won district and freshman team went undefeated (winning district) but depending on who comes in for the HC job (or, worst case, Meadows stays) that will be the primary factor in how well we do.

I expect us to make the playoffs, at least as the 3rd or 4th seed from the district.

Meadows = Playoffs each year he has been there, tons' of kids getting free rides, program gets respected from all over the state,,,,hummm

"or, worst case, Meadows stays" - asinine statment
So you think DeSoto is going to do better with someone else? WHO is this magic vendor you wish for?

johntylerfan
12-20-2007, 04:58 PM
As for as JT goes, I look for them to be in much better shape next year in '08. JT returns at least 8 starters on offense and 6 starters on defense. Sophs RB Kyordric Black and QB Jeremy Johnson along with QB Billy Thompkins and 6 starters on D led by JR Alvin Arps and JR Ashton dorsey will lead a very experience JT squad. You can't go nowhere but up after going 1-9. JT had a real TOUGH time dealing with a very tough schedule with a very inexperienced team and head coach. '08 proves to be brighter on paper. Anything possible. JT actually played decent in alot of their games this year but could never finish. Playing Lufkin is going to be a very difficult game.

shooter
12-21-2007, 07:05 AM
I am anticipating Madison is also going to take a hit real soon when NEISD announces the Head Coach at Johnson (maybe as soon as tomorrow)

Madison OC Rittman named Head Coach at Johnson remeber you hear it here first a few days ago.

The Warrior
12-21-2007, 09:17 AM
They only go to 4 man line when when all else fails:confused: I don't think big boy ever been in the mix:rolleyes: And it some nice DL on the JV and I think if we can find two more nice OL we should be alright got to give the QB time to get the ball to #3 and 19 and #11.:D And oh by the way #1 the QB is working out with a QB coach twice a week:D

That good to hear, but is he working out with #3, 19, 11 and 29, that's what needs to be happening, in my opinion. Timing and throwing all routes until August. But having a running game will help him out, so the defense can't just be on a QB hunt. 3rd and 2, instead of 3rd and 9, will help him out alot

AHIGH17
12-22-2007, 11:44 AM
Chris Williams ILB All State Defensive player of this year. Go watch his highlights on Rivals.com

ChanSHS
12-22-2007, 12:40 PM
Spring High School: QB Kenric McNeal

Plano West Wolf
12-22-2007, 03:55 PM
For Plano West, if we don't find a quarterback we're screwed. All three of our varsity quarterbacks will be graduating. Jackson Jeffcoat and a few of our defensive players come back, so the defense should be just fine. On offense, we get our leading rusher and his backup back, so expect a heavy dose of the run.

I see another trip to the playoffs, this time we'll make it past the first round. :)

sgp3
12-22-2007, 05:14 PM
Well they will get all the work they need this summer they will doing state 7 on 7 this summer:D Let make sure #75 get his feet faster over the summer (smile)

That good to hear, but is he working out with #3, 19, 11 and 29, that's what needs to be happening, in my opinion. Timing and throwing all routes until August. But having a running game will help him out, so the defense can't just be on a QB hunt. 3rd and 2, instead of 3rd and 9, will help him out alot

TrojanHorse03
12-23-2007, 09:12 AM
I think some people might be thinking 2007 was just Trinity's year but we actually had more juniors playing then I think people are aware of. Elikeno Fielo #47 starting linebacker, LB Earnest Norman #2 honorable mention all state and 3 year starter, Eryon Barnett #6 starting corner, #8 Prince Kande starting safety and 3 year starter, #9 QB Denarius McGee (only the second junior Qb under Coach Lineweaver, the other being Trevor Vittatoe), RB/FB Dontrayevous Robinson #29, WR Tyree Tucker #3, and WR Stetson Smith #10 and that just represents the "full time" starters coming back. We also will have sophmore #81 Terry Fabuluje our 2nd "TE" who was on the field a lot, #26 RB Christo Lisiko, defensive linemen #91 Sioeli Pauni, #94 Vaimaali Sapoi, and #66 Siosaia Tuipuloto who rotated in all year and were crucial vs. Judson with Mao and Robert out, cb Antonio Brame #80 who saw alot of time, and LB Andrew Murphy #28 who was an alternate starter. If we bring the heart, determination, and intelligence of this year's squad to next year's squad than watch out!

panamamyers
12-23-2007, 03:12 PM
Well, hopefully Baytown Lee will not be as decimated by injuries next year as they were this year.

Not a lot of returning starters really, but the Ganders do have some talented players.

CJ Mixon - soph rb
Jarret Havins - jr qb
Jahwran Goode - sr wr
Austin Riley - sr ol
Xavier Ruben - jr ol
Tim Smith - jr ol
Keenan Williams - so wr

Zac Zellars - sr de
Treion Murray - jr olb/s
Collin Bieschke - sr olb
Donovan Raymond - sr ilb
Thomas Bates - sr cb/s
Trenton Warren - jr cb/s

These guys all started at various times this year.

Plano Wildcat Fan
12-23-2007, 04:55 PM

This was Judsons last hurrah. If they keep running that offense and continue with 185lb DL.

SGP 06 Alumni
12-24-2007, 10:12 AM
Well they will get all the work they need this summer they will doing state 7 on 7 this summer:D Let make sure #75 get his feet faster over the summer (smile)

I will try to attend some 7 on 7 games over the summer so I can get a good idea of how Sedric will be looking for 2008. I hope working out with a QB coach will help him a lot, and I think it will. He definitely needs to learn to throw the ball away when he scrambles outside the pocket and there is nobody available with no running lanes to take off.

Trinity Alum
12-24-2007, 05:36 PM
Trinity will reload and contend for another state title. The defense may not be as good but the offense will make up for that. They are loaded on the offensive side of the ball.

Trinity Alum
12-24-2007, 05:37 PM
This was Judsons last hurrah. If they keep running that offense and continue with 185lb DL.

Judson will be just fine.

TrinityTrojan80
12-24-2007, 05:46 PM
The Euless Trinity Trojans for 2008
The following are my projections, and I am in no way connected with the team in any official way.
Trinity returns the following starters:

Offense:
QB #9 Denarius McGhee 5'10" 184
RB #29 Dontrayevous Robinson 6’1 208
WR #3 Tyree Tucker 6'2" 208
WR #10 Stetson Smith 6 194

Defense:

DL #66 Siosaia Tiupulotu 6'1 278
LB #47 Elikena Fielo 5’10 187
LB #2 Earnest Norman 6'1" 219
CB #6 Eyron Barnett 6'2" 195
DB #8 Prinz Kande 6 202

Trinity loses 45 seniors from a roster of 85. There are 39 juniors and 1 soph returning.

Many underclassmen that were not starters had a lot of playing time either due to injuries or as a part of the rotation, and I am not talking about the “garbage time” players!

They are:

TE #81 Terry Fabuluje 6’6 290 soph
OL #61 Chad Dueitt 6’1 261
OL #52 Ben Johnson 6’2 243
OL #57 Cameron Graves 6’2 274
OL #61 Brian Deucaster 6 286
OL #71 Chuck Davenport 6 282
CB #80 Antonio Brame 6’ 152
LB #28 Andrew Murphy 6 185
DL #91 Sioeli Pauni 6’1 273
RB #26 Christo Lisika 6’1 208
RB #24 Dustin Emery 6 179
CB #23 Michael Casmier 5’10 170

Summary:

Just with the existing players from last year’s roster, I can project OL to average 273 lbs with the returning QB, RB, WR.WR starters.
The returning starters on Defense are all playmakers, and with Brame, Murphy, Pauni, and Casmier stepping in, we just need to find a few players from the underclassmen or other returning players that I have not mentioned.

I do not know alot about the underclassmen, but I know we have about 4 super sophmores that will be playmakers and the freshmen at Euless Jr. High are packed full of size and talent!

Remember, Trinity has 3 JV teams and several freshmen teams that are in the feeder Jr. Highs to round out our roster.

We will need to find a LB, and a new kicker!

sgp3
12-24-2007, 05:59 PM
Just remember it harder to repeat!!:D

TrojanHorse03
12-24-2007, 06:07 PM
Just remember it harder to repeat!!:D

You are correct, that is a challenge left undone.

69matador
12-24-2007, 08:32 PM
Rumor I've heard is that Seguin will likely start 8 sophs next year, so, they will probably be a young team that takes it's lumps. They lose QB Kevin Smith, his likely replacement is a frosh QB who was 6'3" 210 and who QBed the JV for most of this year. One encouraging thing for Seguin is that the JV had better size than the Varsity this past season, so if they work hard they may surprise some folks next year.

Trinity Alum
12-25-2007, 04:00 PM
Meadows = Playoffs each year he has been there, tons' of kids getting free rides, program gets respected from all over the state,,,,hummm

"or, worst case, Meadows stays" - asinine statment
So you think DeSoto is going to do better with someone else? WHO is this magic vendor you wish for?

Meadows is a dang good coach that got cought in a bad situation. We are seeing the power of the parents that get mad when little johnny doesn't get to play. What a shame.

Drgnsfan10
12-25-2007, 09:32 PM

QB Padron, RB Avers, WR/DB J. Rake, OL McWhirter, DE Richards, DE Burnett, K Foster, LB Osborne, LB Andy Mitchell DB M. Rake, DB Jameson. That about right?

WR Josh Popkin, WR Ryan Walker, and OL Matt Boyles (he was out with a knee injury this year)

sgp3
12-26-2007, 10:31 AM
I have no comment on what you just said:rolleyes:

I will try to attend some 7 on 7 games over the summer so I can get a good idea of how Sedric will be looking for 2008. I hope working out with a QB coach will help him a lot, and I think it will. He definitely needs to learn to throw the ball away when he scrambles outside the pocket and there is nobody available with no running lanes to take off.

EPFootball
12-27-2007, 04:06 PM
Watch our for EP Montwood Rams 2 running backs :
Sr. Domingo Torres &
JR. John Moreno...

:notworthy

raidernation10
01-01-2008, 03:29 PM
ld bell were young and dont have tons of returning starters but good chemistry and hard work we definitly have watch out

RocketDad
01-02-2008, 03:35 AM
This was Judson's last hurrah. If they keep running that offense and continue with 185lb DL.

...last hurrah??? You don't get it do you? Playing with heart and that whole Rocket Pride thing. Returning players, individual stats, size, and even offensive patterns aren't as important to Judson's program, as long as the team believes and each player unselfishly plays to the best of their ability for the team... Where did that come from anyway? Plano is rich in tradition and winning. Did I miss a game this year? I thought you would be mad at ET. Maybe we both should be mad at ET. lol

NorthCrowley2010
01-02-2008, 07:47 PM
Judson sucks meat

AE 8008
01-02-2008, 09:06 PM
Judson sucks meat

when was the last time North Crowley made the playoffs? are they still 5a? Last i heard of them was the thrashing they received at the hands of Abilene in 04.

RocketDad
01-02-2008, 09:10 PM
Judson sucks meat

That's a well thought out interpretation. Where is North Crowley? Do they have a football team? Did I sleep through another game?

CFBFND2010
01-05-2008, 11:29 PM
As much as I hate to admit it, Cypress Woods High School will make a big impact on their first year of Varsity Level football.

But I still hope to see our Bobcats make a run for the big title. :)

Trinity Alum
01-05-2008, 11:54 PM
Judson sucks meat

Didn't Judson play in the state championship or was that my imagination? Judson is a darn good football team.

RocketDad
01-06-2008, 01:31 AM
Didn't Judson play in the state championship or was that my imagination? Judson is a darn good football team.

Thanks, too bad we were not quite as good as Euless Trinity during the championship game. I was wondering how you feel about your next year's team. I was looking at your roster and noticed your losing your workhorse RB as are we. We do have three returning but I cringe at losing our QB (he was all heart and talent). Your QB is returning right? I have a feeling both defenses will be strong again.

Trinity Alum
01-06-2008, 01:49 AM
Thanks, too bad we were not quite as good as Euless Trinity during the championship game. I was wondering how you feel about your next year's team. I was looking at your roster and noticed your losing your workhorse RB as are we. We do have three returning but I cringe at losing our QB (he was all heart and talent). Your QB is returning right? I have a feeling both defenses will be strong again.

Yes, our QB is returning along with our skill position guys. He is a Jr. and this was his first year on varsity. We have a returning RB that you didn't get to see because he was injured in the last regular season game. He is the real deal and will be one of the top RB's in the state next year. Our defense should be pretty good once again eventhough we will have to replace some of our key guys.

RocketDad
01-06-2008, 02:15 AM
Yes, our QB is returning along with our skill position guys. He is a Jr. and this was his first year on varsity. We have a returning RB that you didn't get to see because he was injured in the last regular season game. He is the real deal and will be one of the top RB's in the state next year. Our defense should be pretty good once again eventhough we will have to replace some of our key guys.

I am sorry I ask now. Top RB in state on that team. I don't feel so good.. You sure you don't want play Div. 2? I heard Katy thinks they are the best. Well I might be able to get some sleep knowing our defense will be strong. The few defensive positions we have open are going to be filled qualitatively. Not to take anything away from this year's defense.

STB24
01-06-2008, 02:31 AM
i was talking to my friend and he said sean porter (4a all state honorable mention from clemens) might be coming to judson next year.. if so i believe alot of teams will have a hard time scoring against our D.. him and Mcallister at linebacker would be a nice duo to go along with our 3 returning starters in our secondary.

RocketDad
01-06-2008, 02:55 AM
i was talking to my friend and he said sean porter (4a all state honorable mention from clemens) might be coming to judson next year.. if so i believe alot of teams will have a hard time scoring against our D.. him and Mcallister at linebacker would be a nice duo to go along with our 3 returning starters in our secondary.

I don't know who he is but will they let him transfer and play? I hope he has a good reason for moving into district. UIL rules and politics being what they are. Defense will be tough regardless. I think the returning players and replacements have been flying under the radar and will be a big surprise for some people next year too.

stinger
01-06-2008, 08:09 AM
Judson sucks meat

That's what 4 posts and no success will do for you. North Crowley...what can they say? Can somebody come up with something worth talking about with them? Judson...one of the most storied programs in Texas football. and North Crowley tries to get mentioned in the same post.....what a crock!! Is the 2010 the year you graduate, or the year you start high school? Either way...your nuts!!

SMC020
01-06-2008, 08:23 AM
...last hurrah??? You don't get it do you? Playing with heart and that whole Rocket Pride thing. Returning players, individual stats, size, and even offensive patterns aren't as important to Judson's program, as long as the team believes and each player unselfishly plays to the best of their ability for the team... Where did that come from anyway? Plano is rich in tradition and winning. Did I miss a game this year? I thought you would be mad at ET. Maybe we both should be mad at ET. lol

You are right RocketDad. ET was bigger and stronger but ET only beat us by 3. They didn't out coach us or play more focused. It's about team work, heart, wanting it and coaching. Judson will be a contender next year as well.

SMC020
01-06-2008, 08:30 AM
I don't know who he is but will they let him transfer and play? I hope he has a good reason for moving into district. UIL rules and politics being what they are. Defense will be tough regardless. I think the returning players and replacements have been flying under the radar and will be a big surprise for some people next year too.

I have a question.... I know if a player transfers in their freshman through beginning of junior year, they have to wait one year. But what happens if a kid moves (a bona fide move such as a new home) at the end of their junior year beginning of their senior year............are they just SOL for playing varsity?

STB24
01-06-2008, 10:17 AM

i think you just have to get some UIL form signed by your previous schools coach and then your new schools coach.. but im not too sure.. and yes i agree.. we will have a great defense regardless of if he comes, but i think if he did he would make a big impact.

Trojan4653
01-06-2008, 09:11 PM

Trinity IS one of those....plus:D

TrojanMom88
01-08-2008, 05:38 AM
I am sorry I ask now. Top RB in state on that team. I don't feel so good.. You sure you don't want play Div. 2? I heard Katy thinks they are the best. Well I might be able to get some sleep knowing our defense will be strong. The few defensive positions we have open are going to be filled qualitatively. Not to take anything away from this year's defense.

That top RB was a top RB in many of the State Stats at the end of the season. We will be strong next year, after all this was supposed to be a rebuilding season and look what happened. I can't wait for another really long season!!!!

RocketDad
01-08-2008, 09:04 AM
That top RB was a top RB in many of the State Stats at the end of the season. We will be strong next year, after all this was supposed to be a rebuilding season and look what happened. I can't wait for another really long season!!!!

Alright quit licking your chops. I'm sure you had a nice Christmas. Don't you think you oughta give some other teams a chance next season. Maybe you could spot us a few points at the beginning of the game next time. Four would've nice last time. :notworthy

rocketgrl94
01-08-2008, 01:44 PM
Alright quit licking your chops. I'm sure you had a nice Christmas. Don't you think you oughta give some other teams a chance next season. Maybe you could spot us a few points at the beginning of the game next time. Four would've nice last time. :notworthy

we are going to be that other team this season!:D we winnin' this one

Trinity Alum
01-08-2008, 02:09 PM

We will continue to plug new guys in the holes.

RocketDad
01-08-2008, 08:49 PM
We will continue to plug new guys in the holes.

You gotta give the other teams a chance. Since spotting points isn't catching on; would you consider having your team play with one arm tied behind their backs?

Trinity Alum
01-08-2008, 08:55 PM
You gotta give the other teams a chance. Since spotting points isn't catching on; would you consider having your team play with one arm tied behind their backs?

Sure. It won't matter though. :D

RocketDad
01-09-2008, 08:21 AM
Sure. It won't matter though. :D

Fine we are hitting the black market for some kryptonite!

Trinity Alum
01-09-2008, 09:48 AM
Fine we are hitting the black market for some kryptonite!

cywoods
01-09-2008, 12:35 PM
This will be our first year of Varsity. I do think we have some very good athletes. We will see how they handle the speed and skills of our opponents.;)

Buster
01-11-2008, 03:33 AM
yeah

DragonFan0316
01-18-2008, 04:32 PM
The Dragon machine has some holes to fill. QB, RB, WR were all seniors. Defense should be strong. Team looks mortal for now but I have said that before and they win state(2005). I know they are working their tales off in off season. My pick for top offensive player is Kyle Padron - QB and defensive is Cade Foster - MLB.

Too long to wait though.:cry

PurpleStorm
01-19-2008, 10:18 AM
Players to watch in the RGV:
1) Dylan De Leon (QB - Weslaco Panthers)- as a soph. threw for 19 tds, as a junior threw for 21 tds. highlighted by his 4 touchdown performance against San Antonio Madison. When compared against some of the QB's from 26-5A that Madison's defense shutdown, De Leon's numbers look great.
Reno - O Connor - 0 tds passes
Pawlek - SV - 2 td passes (2 games)
Walls - Reagan - 0 td passes
Quinney - Judson - 0 td passes
Dausin - Warren - 0 td passes
De Leon has totaled 54 total touchdowns (40 passing 14 rushing), all the while playing in the shadow of Mishak Rivas.
2) Alex Trevino (RB - Mercedes Tigers)- electrifying speed - Texas State championship bronze medalist in the 200m (21.4 FAT). Has gone over 1,000 yards in each of his two seasons. Returns for his senior year and will be highlighted in the Texas Classic at the Alamodome next year.
3) Tino Hong and Scott Inskeep - (Tackles - McAllen) - Hong 6'3" 290 and Inskeep 6'4" 310 will lead the Bulldog offense next year. Massive bodies that move very well. Hong will be a senior and Inskeep will only be a junior.
4) Matt Mendez - (DE - Los Fresnos) - 6'3" 200lbs. A tall lanky sophomore - was a terror across the RGV football fields. Needs to work on technique but that frame figures to keep growing as will his football knowledge. Runs very well and has nice balance. Look out for this kid this coming year.

tmcran
01-19-2008, 05:54 PM
I hope Abilene High will be able to compete in district next year. Look as if 3-5A will be stonger and more balanced. AHS lost some very good skill postion players on O.

tmcran
02-02-2008, 03:22 PM
I hope Abilene High will be able to compete in district next year. Look as if 3-5A will be stonger and more balanced. AHS lost some very good skill postion players on O.

Well, to follow up on my post. Forget about it. 3-5 A will be different.

tbirdbeast
02-03-2008, 05:08 PM
I Think Wagner will do really good in the new district, they have a great group of returning starters ...from here on out it will be Wagner Vs. Judson in 27-5a there isnt any compition for them

STB24
02-03-2008, 11:52 PM
I Think Wagner will do really good in the new district, they have a great group of returning starters ...from here on out it will be Wagner Vs. Judson in 27-5a there isnt any compition for them

i agree.. wagner has A LOT of talent but they were all young last year.. it will be intresting to see how they play next year.. (oh n i play football at judson so me n u are enemies:mad::D)

trojanbacker
02-06-2008, 07:30 AM
Trinity folks....can we tap the brakes a little on all this boasting about next year? Whatever happened to Lineweaver's message of working hard and staying humble? From reading the posts here you'd think next year's championship was already assured.

Trinity Alum
02-06-2008, 11:27 AM
Trinity folks....can we tap the brakes a little on all this boasting about next year? Whatever happened to Lineweaver's message of working hard and staying humble? From reading the posts here you'd think next year's championship was already assured.

I heard that!

Wagnerdad
02-06-2008, 05:34 PM
I look forward to watching Wagner. A team that had several sopmores in key positions this past year. Returning they have:
QB-Chris Cromwell Soph.
RB-David Glasco-Soph.
LB-Jordon Jones-Soph.
LB-Dominic Williams-Soph.
CB-Bernal Ruiz-Soph.
WR-Casey Rodriguiz-Soph.
These are just the sophmores who started last year. Let the season begin!!!

NewSchool
02-08-2008, 10:32 AM
I look forward to watching Wagner. A team that had several sopmores in key positions this past year. Returning they have:
QB-Chris Cromwell Soph.
RB-David Glasco-Soph.
LB-Jordon Jones-Soph.
CB-Bernal Ruiz-Soph.
WR-Casey Rodriguiz-Soph.

Do not forget Aaron Kindred-Soph that started at DE for the Judson game.

Drgnsfan10
02-08-2008, 08:48 PM
The Dragon machine has some holes to fill. QB, RB, WR were all seniors. Defense should be strong. Team looks mortal for now but I have said that before and they win state(2005). I know they are working their tales off in off season. My pick for top offensive player is Kyle Padron - QB and defensive is Cade Foster - MLB.

Too long to wait though.:cry

Offensive MVP Tommy Avers- RB. He is going to be the show-stopper next year. Defensive MVP tough choice Cade Foster, Jackson Richards, Brayden Burnette, and Mitchell Osborne are the most likely contenders.

uhsfilmcrew
02-08-2008, 10:56 PM
United coaching changes

Coach Briones - United South head football coach
Coach Ramirez - D line coach United South
Coach Contreras - O line coach United South:(:(:(:(

uhsfilmcrew
02-08-2008, 11:04 PM
QB-Chris Cromwell Soph.
RB-David Glasco-Soph.
LB-Jordon Jones-Soph.
CB-Bernal Ruiz-Soph.
WR-Casey Rodriguiz-Soph.

I think you guys have it made. what i mean is that you guys are probably going to win district easily.

RocketDad
02-10-2008, 09:33 AM
I think you guys have it made. what i mean is that you guys are probably going to win district easily.

Better get your crystal ball calibrated - nothing is easy.

uhsfilmcrew
02-10-2008, 08:39 PM
Better get your crystal ball calibrated - nothing is easy.

TRUE

katfighter
02-10-2008, 10:23 PM
Spring High School: QB Kenric McNeal

Real deal but no supporting cast. He has arm and quickness. Hard to stop.

TexasRebel
02-11-2008, 11:42 AM
Watch for there to be a battle in 25-5A between Pflugerville and Westlake. Look for Westlake to return to form. Why? Quarterback will be much improved and Ryan Swope (4.3 40 and one of best RB's in TX) is a true playmaker with plenty of game changing ability at running back. The Sr and Jr classes at Westlake are much stronger than last years sr. class. Last year the competition peaked during a time when WHS had an uncharacteristic down year, due in large part to an enormous number of injuries. The upside to that is lots of returners got playing time. Mike Walker is a talent at receiver (6-3, 205), and David Durham (6-3 220) may be best linebacker in the district. Reid Johnson (6-5- 275) is a prospect at OT. Jr. class has only lost one game in both their fresh. and soph. years. Westlake fans are looking forward to kicking off. Tough non-district schedule (Cedar Park, Lake Travis and A&M) will prepare Westlake for district run.

Wagnerdad
02-11-2008, 12:58 PM
Do not forget Aaron Kindred-Soph that started at DE for the Judson game.

Sorry forgot about Aaron!! These guys are gonna be good! I think the games between the Rockets and Wagner are gonna be games for the ages!

Ranger2010
02-11-2008, 04:47 PM
Fort Bend Clements

Offense
QB - Steven Hamner
FB- Austin Ergenbright - 511 245 4.8
TB- Austin Messina 5-8 180 4.4
WR Brandon wood 6'3 190
WR/KR Chandler Coffey - 6'1 4.5
OT Drew Miranda 6'4 275
OG/OT Joe Jaber 6'2 270 JR
OG Kyle Macdonald 6'0 245
OG Cory Hruska 5'11 250 JR

Defense
OT/DT Andrew Suter 6'3 265 JR
DE Blake Cypert 6'2 225
LB Ray Oppman 6'0 205 JR
LB Jon Long 5'10 190
DB Omar Amin 5'10 180
S Hashem Galyon 6'0 195 JR

K Brian Coffman

footballboy10590
02-21-2008, 09:15 AM
ball high will be good next year we have 7 players comin back on the defensive side of the ball including

charlie brown 6 foot 260 lbs
kenneth jekkins 6 foot 180 lbs
jason holmes 5 foot 9 190 lbs
justin williams 6 foot 3 250 lbs

we have 4 sarters comin back on offense who are

richard sincere 6 foot 180 lbs
geremy wilson 6 foot 3 290 lbs
demond dalton 5 foot 8 170 lbs

dada
02-21-2008, 09:23 AM
Fort Bend Clements

Offense
QB - Steven Hamner
FB- Austin Ergenbright - 511 245 4.8
TB- Austin Messina 5-8 180 4.4
WR Brandon wood 6'3 190
WR/KR Chandler Coffey - 6'1 4.5
OT Drew Miranda 6'4 275
OG/OT Joe Jaber 6'2 270 JR
OG Kyle Macdonald 6'0 245
OG Cory Hruska 5'11 250 JR

Defense
OT/DT Andrew Suter 6'3 265 JR
DE Blake Cypert 6'2 225
LB Ray Oppman 6'0 205 JR
LB Jon Long 5'10 190
DB Omar Amin 5'10 180
S Hashem Galyon 6'0 195 JR

K Brian Coffman

Wait a minute, So it's official? Carr is gone back to Cali?

Ranger2010
02-21-2008, 04:30 PM
Wait a minute, So it's official? Carr is gone back to Cali?

Yes it is officially official. Doesnt matter though, we arent going to let down because we lost Carr or Hulme. I'm Joe jaber, by the way

dada
02-21-2008, 04:57 PM
Yes it is officially official. Doesnt matter though, we arent going to let down because we lost Carr or Hulme. I'm Joe jaber, by the way

Welcome to the board Joe...and congrats on the run you guys made last year.

Ranger2010
02-22-2008, 03:43 PM
Welcome to the board Joe...and congrats on the run you guys made last year.
I appreciate it. Ive actually been looking at this forum for awhile, but never joined it.

Dont hide us in the corner next year!!!

chhspantherfan
02-23-2008, 07:43 AM
[QUOTE=Ranger2010;743357]I appreciate it. Ive actually been looking at this forum for awhile, but never joined it.

QUOTE]

It won't take long to become addicted:eek:

chhspantherfan
02-23-2008, 07:57 AM

Not much of a football mind to make that statement. Do you know that all of your teams (JV and Frosh included) can practice as long as the Varsity is still playing? What his statement was all about is that you cannot get that kind of experience unless you consistently go deep in the playoffs. While we have played SLC over the last decade without any wins, I would say our program is better for having had to face them. So, there are many who care about their program that have no connection with them.

green day
02-27-2008, 09:33 PM
? What his statement was all about is that you cannot get that kind of experience unless you consistently go deep in the playoffs. While we have played SLC over the last decade without any wins, I would say our program is better for having had to face them. So, there are many who care about their program that have no connection with them.

Good point, agreed. You get us in beebs, we get you in football, we split in baseball. This is a good rivalry. Shame on the others who don't know the greatness of ol' 5-5A...

SPTigerfan
02-28-2008, 10:07 AM

(SR)#13 QB NYK McKISSICK
(SR)#7 WR GLASCO MARTIN
(SR)#75 OL JESUS GARZA

(SR) #4 CB JULIAN DOZIER
(SR)#9 DB KENNY BROWDER
(SR)#5 DE TEVIN MIMS
(SR)#42 DE ARTHUR NWEKE

You are right Moose! With all the returners we will definitely make the playoffs and go further next season!

Go Tigers!!!

Raiders09
03-06-2008, 09:17 AM
Northbrook is sure to return some talent next year with RB Derrick Rainey, QB Jose Maldonado, DT Andrew Spencer, LB Oscar Munoz, and DB Pedro Lopez. Northbrook will have 5 returning Lettermen on Offense and 5 on defense. The team will have a lot of new faces but all with motivations to win. They'll make 18-5A very Competitive.

txfballfan91
03-06-2008, 01:29 PM
What do you think about cinco ranch? They have 23 letterman returning majority of them starters after a 5-6 season.

Raiders09
03-06-2008, 05:27 PM
cinco ranch should do great next year and I say will be up for 17-5A district champions since katy loses so many of their starters this year.

my3sons
03-12-2008, 05:25 PM
Lots of inexperienced players on the offense. Defense has a few returning starters. They will be better after a few games under their belt. Fortunately, 5 non-district games should prepare them for a tough district (Lewisville ISD and Coppell). Glad to see Coppell again, however, sad that we can't meet up with the likes of Keller and Colleyville. Can't necessarily count on meeting them in the playoffs either. Neither wanted to play Carroll in non-district either. Grapevine did agree to scrimmage.

rodjohns
03-12-2008, 09:47 PM
At Westfield we have a nice group of returnees and some exciting newcomers.

Returning Starters and Significant Playing time in 07:

# 9 Jacoby Walker QB - had a promising soph season. 82/159 - 1286 yards - 20 Tds 5 ints
# 4 Barry Ford WR 21/325 9 tds
# 1 Adam Watson WR 12/252 5 tds also several KO/P return TDs
# 2 Ja-Mes Logan WR 15/283 4 tds
#52 Jonathan Jones C
# 7 Anthony Kegler SS (Soph)
#16 Aaron Harris DE (Soph)
#42 Terre' Camille LB
#96 Austin Mayes DT
#17 Ernesto Lazo K/P

Exciting players expected to step in as starters:

# 5 Denerick Demby QB/RB/WR
#18 Roland Hannah LB (Soph)
#50 Chris Mitchell LB (Soph)
#31 Sherrod Daniels FS
#77 Harold Hampton DT (Soph)
#20 JaMarcus Morning RB (Soph)
#27 Clinton Lucas FB
#36 Anthony Tubbs LB (Soph)
#35 Mark Johnson DB (Soph)
#86 AJ Estien TE

We will have to rebuild the Secondary and the OL, but we are in good shape on the Offensive Skill players, LBs and DL. I think Westfield has a good chance of making another playoff run with the 08-09 group.

Funny how you list so many Sophs. Ask them how they did the last 2 years against Klein.

kchsfan
03-12-2008, 10:24 PM
Funny how you list so many Sophs. Ask them how they did the last 2 years against Klein.

RJ,

You do know that WF had several sophs playing on varsity last year don't you? I think KHS had only one up for a short period.

Maybe you dont need any senior leadership but I know your kids well, they are good, but may need a few games in big time to be called great.

I dont think you will beat WF and KF but will make the PO

shady08
03-12-2008, 11:35 PM
i predict Austin Bowie to be ranked 19th in texas polls next season. after beating austin high & westlake they deserve to be ranked.

AE 8008
03-13-2008, 10:40 AM
i predict Austin Bowie to be ranked 19th in texas polls next season. after beating austin high & westlake they deserve to be ranked.

what do they have coming back?

shady08
03-13-2008, 10:54 AM
Heath Homan RB
Matt Dodds QB
Nick Goss WR
& like 20 others on offense
& 15 on deffense. ill post more later.

I am the King123
03-14-2008, 11:00 PM
RJ,

You do know that WF had several sophs playing on varsity last year don't you? I think KHS had only one up for a short period.

Maybe you dont need any senior leadership but I know your kids well, they are good, but may need a few games in big time to be called great.

I dont think you will beat WF and KF but will make the PO

kevin kisseberth started everygame at strongside linebacker except for the opener versus katy where he played every other series

SLCBELIEF
03-25-2008, 08:03 PM
Just some guys from SLC that I think will make an immediate impact. we have some great players this year. I know I have alot of juniors here.

RB Tommy Avers
O-Lineman Tony Barone and Kody Weaver, Will McWhirter
D-Lineman Jackson Richards, Ben Perry, Brayden Burnett
Linebackers Cade Foster and Mitchell Osbourne

kiest05
03-30-2008, 12:08 PM
I think Cedar Hill will be good but the thing that might hurt them is too many athletes, they need more postion players and who will be the QB is the major ? For the horns.

The Warrior
03-31-2008, 07:27 PM
I think Cedar Hill will be good but the thing that might hurt them is too many athletes, they need more postion players and who will be the QB is the major ? For the horns.

I predict the QB will be Ben Malena.:notworthy

RB Laquan Harper, could be flipped around though:D

78 Spartan
03-31-2008, 07:38 PM
Northbrook is sure to return some talent next year with RB Derrick Rainey, QB Jose Maldonado, DT Andrew Spencer, LB Oscar Munoz, and DB Pedro Lopez. Northbrook will have 5 returning Lettermen on Offense and 5 on defense. The team will have a lot of new faces but all with motivations to win. They'll make 18-5A very Competitive.

Good luck to the Raiders in 2008. I hope you guys go 9 and 1. ;)

TrojanHorse03
03-31-2008, 07:56 PM

No disrespect but I've never heard of too many athletes hurting, we all would like to have that problem.

kiest05
04-02-2008, 05:16 PM
No disrespect but I've never heard of too many athletes hurting, we all would like to have that problem.

True but look at cedar hill's team last year...a lot of athletes on the team most of them were playng a postion that they were not going to play at the next level

o DYxNASTY o
04-10-2008, 10:02 PM
The Pearland Oilers are returning one hell of a team this year..in all the years of pearland football head coach tony heath says this is the most talented and metally tough team he has ever coached. better than they year with Foswhitt Whitake and Sam Proctor..

This years team had 3 players in the ESPN top 150 in the nation to watch list..
RB-Kasey Carrier 4 yr letterman
LB- Jarrod Stewart 4 yr Letterman
DT- Dantrayal SMith 3 yr letterman
Not to mention..
WR- Kevin Miller 3 yr letterman
QB- Sam Allen 2 yr letterman
OG Jack Andrews 2 yr letterman
OG Alex Freas 2 yr letterman
OT Ian Gray 2 yr Letterman
TE Landon Westbrook 2 yr letterman
on the Defensive Side
DE- Mario Turner 3 yr letterman
DT- Taylor Staudt 2 yr letterman
DE Chioke Burnett 2 yr letterman
LB Jourdan Brogdon 3 yr letterman
CB Trey Laitkap 2 yr letterman
CB D.J Durio 2 yr letterman
S Dennis Walls 2 yr letterman

With this loads of talent plus a JV team that was a perfect 10-0 you cant but not to expect this Oiler Team is bound for greatness..

Now just sit back, relax and enjoy their journey

tbone55
05-05-2008, 06:46 PM
Expect the 26-5A district to be stong once again.
the realignment brought in a strong former 4A team new braunfels.
Madison has a great WR junior nate askew and they have good coaching
SV lost a lot of great players offensively but they should have a solid defense and a great coach.
reagan, who knows they seemed like a 1 man team last year.
Judson, will take district with ease in their new district.
i see a lot of potential in the SA area

Dragon 97
05-05-2008, 09:27 PM
Having a son on the 05 & 06 teams, I am much happier with the lower key SLC approach on the boards. Having said that, I think the Dragons are going to sneak up on alot of people this year.:eek:

toonman
05-07-2008, 04:14 PM
Having a son on the 05 & 06 teams, I am much happier with the lower key SLC approach on the boards. Having said that, I think the Dragons are going to sneak up on alot of people this year.:eek:

I think the legacy of the past 6 years will ensure that the Dragons will still be a huge target and the team everyone wants to beat. But I am with you on the lower key approach for this year.

wizenbud
05-13-2008, 03:04 AM
Expect the 26-5A district to be stong once again.
the realignment brought in a strong former 4A team new braunfels.
Madison has a great WR junior nate askew and they have good coaching
SV lost a lot of great players offensively but they should have a solid defense and a great coach.
reagan, who knows they seemed like a 1 man team last year.
Judson, will take district with ease in their new district.
i see a lot of potential in the SA area

Don't forget about a talent rich Roosevelt team & a solid Churchill team. As always,26-5A is stacked. But don't sleep on a strong Southwest team &
27-5A's East Central, a team with a brillant backfield.

SA has a strong crop of teams this year, across the board. Should be an interresting year. ;)

SPTigerfan
05-14-2008, 06:11 PM
Hello 5 A football fans!!!!

The Stony Point Tigers will be strong next year and are expected to go deeper into the playoffs that this past season...

6 returning from Offense

7 returning from Defense

GoTigers!!!!

Loyal Forever
05-16-2008, 10:19 AM
Austin High will again be in the mix for a District Championship. Pflugerville, Westlake and Bowie will also be strong. Should be a great district race.

Austin will feature the best WR in the state of Texas (and one of the best in the United States) in Emory Blake. But they also have 2 other very good WRs in Carson Hawley and Alston Nuckols. They will have a big, strong armed young QB and a solid RB in Josh Sibley (who ran for 600 yards last year in part time duty).

The defense will lose LB, Hayden Bowers, but does return 7 starters, and should be very solid.

I wish it were August!!

PantherFan70
05-17-2008, 01:14 PM
Brandeis High School

Mascot: Broncos
Colors: Blue & Orange
Helmet Logo:http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d193/Alex2001/Bronco.jpg

New School competing in 5A District 28

Only 1 Player with Varsity Expierience: Safety #2

Watching these young players they have potential, but this will be a rough year as is expected with lots of Growing pains this season.

Offense:

QB: Both of the QBs I have seen practicing have pretty good accuracy. They seem to be very mobile, and good leaders. The QB that seems to be emerging as the starter has a rocket arm, which may be contributing to the lack of catches in the receiving department Qb really puts some heat on his throws. Very positive at this position.

The Line: Good sized group that looks to have the ability to move very well. Not Heavy boys, but tall, with the shortest I believe from looking to be 5'10" at about 265. At this point having trouble with the blocking assignments but is to be expected as they have been running them for only 2 weeks, and constant shuffling of players positions trying to find the best fit.

Receivers: We may be a running team, unless we find a couple of receivers who can hold onto the ball. At this point I have seen 2 who are consistent, one being a WR and the other the TE.

RB: Small and quick, almost reminiscent of Zach Young from Jay a couple years ago, As soon as the line gets some blocking assignments down, this guy can hit the hole!

DEFENSE:

D-Line: Good aggression and seem to be learning that using your hands are key. I love watching these kids use their hands, instead of trying to bull rush all of the time. They seem to be picking up these great techniques pretty quickly. Seem to know how to find the ball.

LB’s: Hard hitters, are suspect to the run fake. Overall learning very well

Secondary: At this time can not comment due to lack of me paying attention :D

OVERALL: This team has some potential. Hard to really say how they will do as they are playing eachother right now, and none have Varstiy experience. What I do like is that they are working very hard and seem to be soaking in everything the staff is teaching. They know they are going to really have to work at this and are showing they are willing to put in the effort to do this. I think they will turn out to be a competitive bunch, but probably not a winning season.

wizenbud
05-19-2008, 04:12 AM
Update on SA Roosevelt :

Defense:
Well the hype about Logan, was just hype. That kid is a work in progress.
Looked a little lost in space, but the kid can hit. Now, for the good news.
Logan needing time doesn't matter. Kendrick Bowser (Sr.), looked VERY solid @ SS. Matter of fact, the 1st team defense looks REALLY good.

FS Adams - D1 player now as Jr.
SS Bowser - Solid, big, fast, excellent Robin to Adams Batman. (Sr.)
CB's Zo & Terrell - Zo has the better speed, but T has a nose for the ball. Both Sr's.
LB's have a few wrinkles to iron out. The starters are solid, but need a bit of work with getting depth against the passing game. Against the run, solid.

Now the D-Line has a name on it that will be heard ALOT this year.......

Marquis Foster, D-End. A super fast, unbelievable BEAST !!!! The interior of the line looks like a merry go round between 4 kids. A mix of Jr & Sr's that from my seat didn't wow anybody, but didn't show up as a glaring weakness either. So far the Defensive side of the ball looks good. (With a chance to be great)

Offense :
B-Strong (Brandon Armstrong) was kept out of the Blue-White scrimmage as a precaution. B-Strong has a sore toe, nothing to worry about.
With the main man side lined, the TR fans were given the gift of a stable of running RB's. TR has more horses in the barn folks. If Armstrong goes down or needs a rest, TR has 2 more backs with ability waiting to go.
As for the QB's, the duo of Travis and Devin look GREAT !! Travis is looking nimble in the pocket & Devin has become a double headed snake. Devin looks comfortable reading the D this spring, let's hope that translates to games next year. If so, there will be no stopping TR this year.

O-Line was a concern coming in to spring. Forget about it !! WOW !! The Jr's on the left are better than the Sr's right side and the they were the best lineman from last years team. A no-doubter, D1 player on the line is Matt Bizzel (Jr). I don't have the words for what I saw him do, amazing.

Wr's. The best kept secret in Texas, will remain a secret. Let's just say, GET YOUR POPCORN READY !!! I have never seen a recieving core this good in High School, ever. Hell, TR's recievers ARE better than most D1 schools. That's a fact that all will see this fall. CB's & Safeties, get your rest gentlemen. You're going to need it.

Overall I would say that TR will be right in the hunt for the 26-5A title. But, that's not this teams goal. A state title run isn't out of the picture. No, it's a real possiblity for TR.

twcpfan1
05-19-2008, 08:01 PM
Ok, am I missing something? Why is the kid from Southlake Carroll not on the QB watch list?

I was expecting both Cinco QB's to be on the list. Really looking forward to seeing the College Park - CR game this year. CP's QB Taylor Parsons (JR) made the list too.

And look out for Daniel Hilton (jr) on Defense.

judrok1
05-21-2008, 03:12 AM
Judson is returning the most skilled players in over as decade. Biggest problem is no experience at QB. How fortunate for us that we are now part of 27 5A, which hopefully will give our green QB some time to settle in, not that I am speaking down to the talent in the district. Its only honest to point out that 26 5A is one of (if not the most) competitive districts in Texas HS Football.

Speaking of, what about NB moving up into 26 5A? I have no idea what the Unicorns are bringing back, but the last time they were 5A they won district and advanced to state semis. Only locals may realize that SV and NB border each other and have a long history of competition. I sense that rivalry being rekindled.

Still hate to see Robt E Lee stuck in 26 5A. They always have great individual skill payers, and they leave everything on the field every game, but they just dont have the depth to compete in 26 5A. I wish something else could be done for this school with such a great tradition.

atwelljroc
05-21-2008, 12:56 PM
Tell me more about Madison chainsaw...you guys got a great coach back from Judson this year, someone I really admired at Judson and treated my son with respect and dignity...Coach Mangold...good luck this year is 26-5A..

bobcat83
05-21-2008, 08:03 PM
not good but who knows

SV lost what was probably the most talented senior class it has ever had.Most likely it's best chance for a championship ever.San Antonio area(mainly 265A) was as strong as a group as it has been in 20 years-I'm talking about a group of good teams-Judson,MAdison,SV,Reagan,O' Cooner,Warren,etc...
The SV kids coming up will do well-how good-we will see.They have done the same work as the pervious teams over the years.They have had the same sub varsity success.They haven't got a chance to show anything because last years senior class was to good for them to get on the field much.Give them a chance and support them just like all the past teams.They will need it.

wizenbud
05-22-2008, 01:57 PM
SV lost what was probably the most talented senior class it has ever had.Most likely it's best chance for a championship ever.San Antonio area(mainly 265A) was as strong as a group as it has been in 20 years-I'm talking about a group of good teams-Judson,MAdison,SV,Reagan,O' Cooner,Warren,etc...
The SV kids coming up will do well-how good-we will see.They have done the same work as the pervious teams over the years.They have had the same sub varsity success.They haven't got a chance to show anything because last years senior class was to good for them to get on the field much.Give them a chance and support them just like all the past teams.They will need it.

I wouldn't be too worried. Smithson Valley has a way of putting all together come regular season. ;)

SPTigerfan
05-23-2008, 11:28 PM
Stony Point will have their annual Blue and Gold Spring game Sat.tomorrow. Varsity begins @ 10:15am...

It will be a great event to attend!!

5 - A FOOTBALL GOT TO LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

See Ya!!!!!!!

eagles75
05-30-2008, 12:19 AM
Georgetown returns only 9 varsity players and has a small senior class with only 38 seniors, so expect alot of underclassmen to see action, also this team is loaded with underclassmen recievers. They will b looked over at the begining of the season but could make a big splash so keep that in mind

STPFootball2011
05-30-2008, 09:42 AM
Stony Point will return a very explosive offense with
(SR)QB- Nyk Mykissic
(SR)RB- Glasco Martin
(SO)RB/WR-Stephen Williams, watch out for him very fast and elusive
(SR)WR-Austin Caswell
(JR)TE- Gerrard Shillow

Our offensive line will be one of the main concerns coming into the season with only one returning startrer and some of them learning new positions. Our defense will be better with last year lead by

(SR)DT- Darnell Armstrong
(SR)DT/DE- Arthur Nweke
(SR)DE- Tevin Mims
(JR)MLB- Nathan Godfreid
(SO)OLB- PL Lindley
(SR)OLB- Nick Cestari
(SR)CB- Julian Dozier
(SR)CB- Kenny Browder
(JR)FS- Desmond Marin

With Pflugervillle leaving our district and Vista Ridge coming in the district might not be as tough as past years but will still be one of the most competitve in 5A with Stony Point having a great chance of winning the district title.

rkhufu7
06-03-2008, 03:01 PM
Austin High will again be in the mix for a District Championship. Pflugerville, Westlake and Bowie will also be strong. Should be a great district race.

Austin will feature the best WR in the state of Texas (and one of the best in the United States) in Emory Blake. But they also have 2 other very good WRs in Carson Hawley and Alston Nuckols. They will have a big, strong armed young QB and a solid RB in Josh Sibley (who ran for 600 yards last year in part time duty).

The defense will lose LB, Hayden Bowers, but does return 7 starters, and should be very solid.

I wish it were August!!

LOL! P-ville, Westlake, Bowie, Connally and Austin battlin for the spots, but P-ville has heads and shoulders above the teams in this WEAK district. Bowie, Austin and Westlake have not played teams with the speed of the PISD teams since the early 90s when Reagan and LBJ were still powers. You guys have not faced this kind of speed in a long while!

macs
06-04-2008, 03:10 PM
I think CP will have a pretty good team. We were all cheering for the JV QB at the playoff game. I think that we shouldn't jump the gun on the team yet until 2 a days start to see how they look but let's keep our fingers crossed that we will have a winning team. Coach needs to stick with one QB, how many other schools did you see it split the QB position. 2008 will be a great year for the CAVS.

DragonFan0316
06-11-2008, 10:25 AM
The Carroll Dragons are reloading on offense. 2 QB's with potential but untested. New line, receivers and RB. Defense looks good. Both starting DE's started last year and looked very good in the spring. Lot's of lessor knowns got playing time last year. They will be young but stingy.

Anything is possible at this school. 10-0 regular season is unlikley though.

bowiedawgs01
06-11-2008, 11:22 AM
LOL! P-ville, Westlake, Bowie, Connally and Austin battlin for the spots, but P-ville has heads and shoulders above the teams in this WEAK district. Bowie, Austin and Westlake have not played teams with the speed of the PISD teams since the early 90s when Reagan and LBJ were still powers. You guys have not faced this kind of speed in a long while!

I guess Bowie's skill players kept up with Pville's speed ok in 7on7. The Dawgs beat them 26-13.

With all that speed, Pville still didn't cover the spread O very well last year. We'll see what happens since those 3 teams all run a version of the spread.

trojanbacker
06-11-2008, 04:37 PM
Amazing how many teams look like world beaters in June.

aftermath
06-12-2008, 11:04 PM
Have to agree with Bowiedawg, lots of folks think Pflugerville will walk thru this district but it won't be easy.Westlake will be strong as will Bowie.Last year was a rebuild year for Westlake. Bowie is a Big School with a strong program.The top teams in this district are schooled,disciplined teams compared to what Pflugerville is used to. Everyone mentions Swope when they say westlake,but Jeff Ballew wil be a force out of the backfield as well.The defense will be salty with Omar Ontiveros(6'2 235) and Austin Ochoa(6'1 220) anchoring a line that will have Blue Chip Jr. David Durham(6'3 225,4.6) making plays at middle Backer. A Defensive backfield full of returning starters will make this the strongest Westlake defense in several years.Westlake is back in form and will make a run at the title.

rkhufu7
06-13-2008, 08:22 AM
Have to agree with Bowiedawg, lots of folks think Pflugerville will walk thru this district but it won't be easy.Westlake will be strong as will Bowie.Last year was a rebuild year for Westlake. Bowie is a Big School with a strong program.The top teams in this district are schooled,disciplined teams compared to what Pflugerville is used to. Everyone mentions Swope when they say westlake,but Jeff Ballew wil be a force out of the backfield as well.The defense will be salty with Omar Ontiveros(6'2 235) and Austin Ochoa(6'1 220) anchoring a line that will have Blue Chip Jr. David Durham(6'3 225,4.6) making plays at middle Backer. A Defensive backfield full of returning starters will make this the strongest Westlake defense in several years.Westlake is back in form and will make a run at the title.
Leander, Round Rock, Cedar Park are teams that your district can't beat and they won't schedule Leander or P-ville in non-district games! DISCIPLINE? How have Cedar Park, Leander, P-ville and Round Rock all made DEEP playoff runs in ULTRA TOUGH Region 2, while your district usually gets swept by 26-5A? When Westlake played vs 14-5A in round one they were getting rolled, first year in Region 4, they eek out a round one win and make the finals. Bowie and Austin don't have the athletes to beat 26-5A or 14-5A. Connally is the team that you will beat, but even with a sophmore offense, the Panthers defense will be great and more than enough to rock the AISD teams. Only Westlake will be the challenge. Bowie and Austin don't play defense like the 14-5A teams, Leander and Round Rock or P-vlle! 7 on 7 ain't football, just ask 2007 7 on 7 state champ G-town, that finished 5-5 in 14-5A! I don't think state champs like Katy, LaMarque, Ennis, HP, Trinity, Judson fare well in 7 on 7! Many good programs run 7 on 7 on campus with multiple A & B, varsity and JV teams playing in own leagues! Bowie has done well in 7 on 7, but how many district titles and playoff wins do they have in in the last 5 years, other than last year? Still the best, 2001 Reagan 4A state semis, no other AISD team seems to be able to win in football like the old RR, Big Blue Crew!

bowiedawgs01
06-13-2008, 11:39 AM
Are you the same guy that posts on the Austin American Statesman message board? Are you 15?

rkhufu7
06-13-2008, 02:25 PM
VR, new 5A school, never been to playoffs in 4A
Round Rock, solid team in a tough district, nothing spectacular, yet Bowie never seems to beat them
Hays, slow 4A squad, that is not anything special, other than well coached, especially since their school split.
Play some real teams other than Round Rock, and win some! P-ville is playing Converse Judson, Round Rock and Leander, all teams that went at least 3 deep in 5A! A team with as big a numbers as Bowie should not be playing 4A schools, unless they are ranked! You guys wonder why you missed the playoffs most years under Ables and why you can't win when you do make it! Get some!

rkhufu7
06-13-2008, 02:30 PM
Judson is returning the most skilled players in over as decade. Biggest problem is no experience at QB. How fortunate for us that we are now part of 27 5A, which hopefully will give our green QB some time to settle in, not that I am speaking down to the talent in the district. Its only honest to point out that 26 5A is one of (if not the most) competitive districts in Texas HS Football.

Speaking of, what about NB moving up into 26 5A? I have no idea what the Unicorns are bringing back, but the last time they were 5A they won district and advanced to state semis. Only locals may realize that SV and NB border each other and have a long history of competition. I sense that rivalry being rekindled.

Still hate to see Robt E Lee stuck in 26 5A. They always have great individual skill payers, and they leave everything on the field every game, but they just dont have the depth to compete in 26 5A. I wish something else could be done for this school with such a great tradition.

How much experience does it take to protect the football, hand it off and complete a few passes on boots and playactions? Last years QB was SLOW, SMALL and a GOOD KICKER. He wasn't anything special! Judson needs a Judson type back to rise up, and they need to mix in more offensive sets, like the old veer and pro-t they used to run in the 80's under Arnold. These teams since the split are more on that talent level and are not just gonna bowl over everybody. Judson might need to get more running from the FB and a mobile QB. Remember Chris Pryor played FB!

bowiedawgs01
06-13-2008, 04:07 PM
Seriously. Are you 15?

If your 1 key broke, I don't think you'd ever be able to finish a sentence.

CPMScoach
06-14-2008, 10:55 PM
well we will see i believe Anderson plays a 16-5a (formerly 14-5a) school, and ofcourse the Timberwolves of CPHS play Westlake. Pflugerville plays Leander...but that doesnt count yet.

rkhufu7
06-15-2008, 10:13 AM
well we will see i believe Anderson plays a 16-5a (formerly 14-5a) school, and ofcourse the Timberwolves of CPHS play Westlake. Pflugerville plays Leander...but that doesnt count yet.

Westlake and P-ville will play pretty much anyone. It's the AISD 5A's that won't play GOOD teams! Bowie and Austin won't play Leander, Cove, Smithson Valley, Judson, SA Madison, MacArthur, Warren, Marshall, O'Connor, Roosevelt! Those are the Centex/SA 5A powers, then we have a second tier, which has Cedar Park, Round Rock and McNeil and now Stoney Point and maybe Temple. Austin and Bowie might schedule these teams, but they are usually the TOUGHEST non-district game!

bowiedawgs01
06-15-2008, 12:16 PM
Has it ever occurred to you that it takes 2 to schedule a game? Has it ever occurred to you that being a member of a large ISD there are travel costs that must be taken into account? I have no idea what the powers behind the scenes deem acceptable, or what Bowie coaches try to get scheduled, and neither do you.

I hope you disappear off this board like the last one you got run off of. People there know you're just a loud mouth, gum-flapper. People here will learn that as well.

rkhufu7
06-15-2008, 01:05 PM
Back in the 80's LBJ played Arlington, Palo Duro, Angelo Central, Tyler Lee, SA Jay, Judson... What are you talking about? 4 losing seasons in 5 years is not good by anyone's standards!

corycone33
06-15-2008, 02:36 PM
bowie fan. Don't waste your breath on this rfku loser. He is on the texasprepxtra site. He is an idiot and doesn't deserve a response. I know it is just a scrimmage but rfku, you need to come watch temple destroy your cougars. Your response about lache was laughable. He has alot of moves then speed to burn. He is more than a track star. He makes his moves on people then blows by them. He wil be the number #1 recruit come out of texas in 2010 for runningbacks and top 5 in the country

DragonFan0316
06-30-2008, 06:07 PM
bowie fan. Don't waste your breath on this rfku loser. He is on the texasprepxtra site. He is an idiot and doesn't deserve a response. I know it is just a scrimmage but rfku, you need to come watch temple destroy your cougars. Your response about lache was laughable. He has alot of moves then speed to burn. He is more than a track star. He makes his moves on people then blows by them. He wil be the number #1 recruit come out of texas in 2010 for runningbacks and top 5 in the country

If he stays healthy, keeps up his grades, doesn't get any speeding tickets, etc. Take it one step at a time. Let's revisit in the playoffs of his Sr year.

P.S. Texas is famous for Running Backs.

CCParent
06-30-2008, 07:30 PM
Please don't lump R2D2 in with Connally he's from Reagan. Please. We don't claim him.

corycone33
06-30-2008, 09:53 PM
sorry, cc parent, won't happen again. I wouldn't want him at temple either. It just always seems like he is talking about connally

bowiedawgs01
06-30-2008, 10:42 PM
I believe he's a teacher/coach there. I did some research.

SLCqb07
07-11-2008, 10:23 AM

A shot? thats the biggest understatement of the century.:eek:

TrojanMom88
07-18-2008, 11:44 AM
Amazing how many teams look like world beaters in June.

Parents are always strong supporters....365 days a year!

uhsfilmcrew
07-20-2008, 11:49 AM
good.... thanx for asking:cool:

green day
08-06-2008, 09:37 PM
A shot? thats the biggest understatement of the century.:eek:

Maybe... could happen if we get solid Safety play on that Dragon defensive unit...

;)

wizenbud
08-17-2008, 02:44 AM
The team that everybody should keep an eye on is SA Roosevelt in 26-5A.

Watched an inter-squad scrimmage today, first team O & D looked OUTSTANDING !!!

Good size, unbelievable speed at every position on the field, and the best attitude seen @ Roosevelt in quite some time.

I just want to give ya some names to watch from the San Antonio area......

RB Brandon Armstrong (Jr)........ B-Strong could be one of the top 5 RB's in the state.
FS Crosby Adams (Jr)........ Batman is quite simply the best safety in 26-5A, maybe the state.
LT Matt Bizzell (Jr)....... The Great Wall has earn his name in the trenches, could be all-state Center in his senior season.
CB Lorenzo Mackeinze (Sr)........ Zo has his island under Martial Law, recievers and QB's beware.

As for the back ups, The offense is set at 2 deep in just about every spot, 3 deep at a couple of key spots. The 2nd team D looked a little weak. Though by the end of the scrimmage a really surprising bright spot started to shine.
Back up SS Nathaniel Logan (Jr), started to look as if the switch to safety wasn't such a bad idea after all. 5 solo tackles,2 assist and started to look as if his reading skills improved with each play.
The real question on 2nd team is the LB and DB positon. Minus the SS Logan & the CB Bruce (sorry need to get a name here), the other 5-6 spots looked rough. The 2nd D-line looked good for what they were facing today.
With a little luck, I would say Roosevelt will challenge SV & Madison this year for District 26-5A.