PDA

View Full Version : TECH blows out KS

CenTexFan
10-15-2005, 03:02 PM
Wow - Tech blows out Kansas State in Lubbock 59-20. If you take away a 80 yard TD pass and a kick off return by KS the blow out is even bigger. Tech scored 28 points in the 3rd quarter! Hodges had 643 yards passing and 5 TDs, but he also had 2 interceptions. Henderson had 3 TDs rushing and 2 TDs receiving. Each team had 3 turnovers (that won’t do it next week). I thought the KS defense would show up better. TECH is now 6-0 and I really believe they have legitimate shot at a 10-1 season.

I hope TECH is at least competitive in game next week at UT. Dare we even hope for a possible upset at DKR Memorial Stadium? I know is is crazy to even think this, but what if….

Reaganrattler07
10-15-2005, 03:05 PM
Wow - Tech blows out Kansas State in Lubbock 59-20. If you take away a 80 yard TD pass and a kick off return by KS the blow out is even bigger. Tech scored 28 points in the 3rd quarter! Hodges had 643 yards passing and 5 TDs, but he also had 2 interceptions. Henderson had 3 TDs rushing and 2 TDs receiving. Each team had 3 turnovers (that won’t do it next week). I thought the KS defense would show up better. TECH is now 6-0 and I really believe they have legitimate shot at a 10-1 season.

I hope TECH is at least competitive in game next week at UT. Dare we even hope for a possible upset at DKR Memorial Stadium? I know is is crazy to even think this, but what if….

I didn't watch the end of the third quarter or the 4th quarter but was it necessary to run the score THAT high? Or was it that they just ran and KS couldn't stop them? Or did they keep passing all game and purposely ran the score as high as possible?

CenTexFan
10-15-2005, 03:12 PM
I only had access to game tracker – I did not see it, but from what I can tell they just ran their offence and kept stopping KS. TECH did have the second team in at the end of the 4th quarter.

jtk1519
10-15-2005, 04:43 PM
There was some controversy. Tech is a passing team so they dont really know how to just hand the ball off and let the clock run down. I'm OK with that. What I'm not OK with is that with less than a minute left in the game and up 59-20, Leach is calling long pass plays into the endzone from 30 yards out. That is uncalled for.

garlandredraider
10-15-2005, 06:00 PM
Yeah I was at the game....

All tech does is throw the ball, so when the 2nd string QB comes in, Leach is going to get him some passes because he needs playing time. Thats why we keep throwing....

The passes at the end of the game were ******. I was just praying that we would not do it again, and when he fumbled the snap, i was thankful because I did not want to be in the position of Leach trying to score again.

Oh well, life goes on. And so does Tech.

TEXAS LONGHORNS 6-0 VS TEXAS TECH RED RAIDERS 6-0
Austin Texas, 2:30 PM on ABC.

I just hope Tech keeps it a game. I dont want another last years 51-21.
If any of the teams left can upset Texas, it will be Tech.

cougardude
10-15-2005, 06:55 PM
Hook 'em Horns!! \m/

Texasfrog
10-15-2005, 08:37 PM
There was some controversy. Tech is a passing team so they dont really know how to just hand the ball off and let the clock run down. I'm OK with that. What I'm not OK with is that with less than a minute left in the game and up 59-20, Leach is calling long pass plays into the endzone from 30 yards out. That is uncalled for.

Coach Leach doing that crap is uncalled for. Throwing deep into the endzone when the game is over is classless.

Now saying all of that. Texas Tech should be about #10 next week against Texas.

TechGuy07
10-15-2005, 09:16 PM
K State had no answer for the O and D in the second half. Tech SS Dwayne Slay had 2 FF on 2 MONSTER hits in the third.

HOOKEM
10-15-2005, 09:51 PM
K State had no answer for the O and D in the second half. Tech SS Dwayne Slay had 2 FF on 2 MONSTER hits in the third.

Easy to say when KS has no O and the d had to be on the field the whole game.

TheProphet
10-15-2005, 10:13 PM
even OU blew out K-state, plus that phantom holding call on the blocked punt while the game was still close before halftime didn't hurt...they will be ranked 13-15 in the BCS on Monday night, then lose to UT and never be mentioned again, I just dont see what all the talk about Tech comes from...

garlandredraider
10-15-2005, 10:50 PM
If they lose to Texas, they will still have the talk about them. We live in Texas, who else are they going to talk about besides UT?

A&M? haha.

Tech is the 2nd best team in the big 12 right now, and the #2 and #1 are playing Saturday. True there is a big gap between the two, but they will see what they got against UT.

WRECK EM TECH!

TechGuy07
10-15-2005, 10:51 PM
Never be mentioned again????

I don't know what freaking planet you're from, but even with a loss to UT, means that, should we win out (likely) it's Cotton, and that's a big deal for the program to get to a january bowl game.

GTown02
10-15-2005, 10:53 PM

I don't know what freaking planet you're from, but even with a loss to UT, means that, should we win out (likely) it's Cotton, and that's a big deal for the program to get to a january bowl game.
I thought the Cotton bowl was played in December?

** Upon further research I have learned it is in January :cool: My bad **

bowiedawgs01
10-15-2005, 11:01 PM
If Tech wins out after Texas, they may go to the Fiesta. They have the Big 12 tie-in. If Texas goes to the Rose Bowl, then the Fiesta Bowl could choose Tech, a 1 loss team.

owldog
10-15-2005, 11:15 PM
Garland Red Raider (I asked G-Town 02 on the Texas College post)
Did you see the Georgia vs Vanderbuilt game tonight? Dale Dixon had a Great game and they even talked about him and Garland a time or 2. Brandon Holmes from 04 was supposed to get some playing time for Vanderbuilt tonight but I guessed I missed him because I did not see him on the field did you?

TechGuy07
10-16-2005, 12:07 AM
If Tech wins out after Texas, they may go to the Fiesta. They have the Big 12 tie-in. If Texas goes to the Rose Bowl, then the Fiesta Bowl could choose Tech, a 1 loss team.

Thats true, we're just assuming on a couple of factors here...

1) ND cannot be Top 10 BCS, otherwise the #6 (#2 At-large) gets knockd out of their bid

2) VaTech does not surpass UT in the rankings, should that happen, Texas Tech will be hard pressed to gain an at-large slot.

jtk1519
10-16-2005, 01:14 AM
Tech will be a top 10 team coming into Austin and that ranking is probably deserved. As a Horn fan, I'm selfish here. I want Tech coming in ranked as high as possible to improve Texas' SOS and then I want Texas to lay a beatdown on Tech the likes of which has rarely been seen. Again, my reasons are selfish and I mean no offense.

lonny23
10-16-2005, 10:01 AM
I was very glad that Tech won by as many points as they did. They will be 8th or 9th in the AP and Coaches Poll. They're playing better and they need it going into Austin. They'll give the 'horns a good game and really are the only team that might beat them before January. I think Tech is closer to 10 in the BCS rankings.

lonny23
10-16-2005, 10:02 AM
Yeah I was at the game....

All tech does is throw the ball, so when the 2nd string QB comes in, Leach is going to get him some passes because he needs playing time. Thats why we keep throwing....

The passes at the end of the game were ******. I was just praying that we would not do it again, and when he fumbled the snap, i was thankful because I did not want to be in the position of Leach trying to score again.

Oh well, life goes on. And so does Tech.

TEXAS LONGHORNS 6-0 VS TEXAS TECH RED RAIDERS 6-0
Austin Texas, 2:30 PM on ABC.

I just hope Tech keeps it a game. I dont want another last years 51-21.
If any of the teams left can upset Texas, it will be Tech.
They'll keep it closer!

lonny23
10-16-2005, 10:02 AM
even OU blew out K-state, plus that phantom holding call on the blocked punt while the game was still close before halftime didn't hurt...they will be ranked 13-15 in the BCS on Monday night, then lose to UT and never be mentioned again, I just dont see what all the talk about Tech comes from...
Tech is a program on the rise.

lonny23
10-16-2005, 10:03 AM

I think it's a big deal RIGHT NOW for Tech to be in the Cotton Bowl.

lonny23
10-16-2005, 10:07 AM
Tech has to play the Longhorns tough to not drop very far and then come back up in the rankings as everybody else loses. They might get an At-Large bid then. They'll have to beat out guys like The ACC's 2nd and 3rd place teams, 2nd in the SEC, UCLA, and the 2nd place team from the Big 10. They might do that. I'd rather hope for a win and pray they get in the Title Game! :D

DirtyHarry01
10-17-2005, 11:38 AM
Heck, I guess Tech might as well forfeit and not even play the game. Obviously, they don't stand a chance against mighty UT.

Hdshrinker
10-17-2005, 11:41 AM
Heck, I guess Tech might as well forfeit and not even play the game. Obviously, they don't stand a chance against mighty UT.

Yep...what's the use.....