PDA

View Full Version : That's it...I'm done

wide-e-wide
10-15-2005, 02:05 AM
this could very well be my last post.
With a combined ....5k posts....I'm done
If I can't get into the hall ....then I might as well be a guest.
holler at yall.
Pack0808
Duke
dada
GoOwls
D08
bleed
CC57
jtk
bowiedawgs
mtbray
frog
ddaddy
drgbkr
scoot-scoot
L2K
RedRage
and my boy LPFan...

I'm out...hit me with a e-mail
I swear on my Mama and my kids....I'm done
bwideman@hot.rr.com
holla at your boy....I have better ish to do.

pack0808
10-15-2005, 02:11 AM
wide do not be a baby?? You know why they cannot put you right in?? Come on bro it is a football website who cares if you have HOF by your name?? LOL

GTown02
10-15-2005, 02:14 AM
See ya in a week ;).

wide-e-wide
10-15-2005, 02:21 AM
Nope...you won't...
I will not fold to the politics baby...I'm a revolutionary....
I'm done...
I know Pack08's e-mail address...
I'm done...
this is BS.
I'm out.
I still say I carry at least 75% more football knowledge than 90% of the people on this board...and that is being nice...truly it is.
Pack will tell you that.

wide-e-wide
10-15-2005, 02:26 AM
ktchamp...and KT2000....it was cool while it lasted...but we
must now go our own way.........................

Yall be cool.

jtk1519
10-15-2005, 02:31 AM
Hate to lose ya wide. We'll try and keep your seat warm.

Hook 'em

wide-e-wide
10-15-2005, 02:36 AM
Hook 'em...
hit me on my e-mail jtk....

pack0808
10-15-2005, 02:37 AM
Makes no sense wide?? Who really cares about being a HOF on a website come on??

jtk1519
10-15-2005, 02:39 AM
Hook 'em...

Will do boss. Look me up on Hornfans from time to time.

\m/

zippy
10-15-2005, 02:43 AM
are you serious, I thought this was a football board, did I mistake it for a "Days of Our Lives" board? Give me a break.. :rolleyes:

wide-e-wide
10-15-2005, 02:44 AM
It's the fact that I came on here initially to talk sports...
now it has turned into kiddie rama...
dude I have 6 kids...If I want to bicker with kids...I don't have to
go online to do it.
You know me...you have my e-mail address...and my home phone...
It was once a cool place to talk with my old friend...and some of my boys
online...but now
It's all about being 16 and livin' off mommy and daddy..and having a attitude and a smart mouth...call me old school..but It's getting old.
Any young punk with a password and a few fingers is suddenly Mike Tyson...c'mon dawg...even me and you were'nt that stupid.
No respect.

Primetime536
10-15-2005, 02:44 AM
haha zippy funniest post ever :eek:

wide-e-wide
10-15-2005, 02:48 AM
are you serious, I thought this was a football board, did I mistake it for a "Days of Our Lives" board? Give me a break.. :rolleyes:

did you mean PBS...Seseme Street board...?
Know your role first alright.

jtk ..PM me your username on hornfans...
and mtbray...you too.

zippy
10-15-2005, 02:52 AM
Get real man, this site is here to talk 5A high school football. Not to see who can get the most posts, not to get a HOF by your name. See KT, thats why I say take away post count, and anything related to the time as a member on the board.

and mtbray...you too.

zippy
10-15-2005, 02:53 AM
Just ignore it and go on to the posts that are worth your while. No reason to leave..

go online to do it.
online...but now
It's all about being 16 and livin' off mommy and daddy..and having a attitude and a smart mouth...call me old school..but It's getting old.
Any young punk with a password and a few fingers is suddenly Mike Tyson...c'mon dawg...even me and you were'nt that stupid.
No respect.

pack0808
10-15-2005, 02:53 AM
This is silly i am crashing man!! Yall take care!! wide i hope this was just you being you and you are not being serious?? if not i will holler at you in emails!! Night!!

Butch Fifield
10-15-2005, 02:57 AM
Will do boss. Look me up on Hornfans from time to time.

hey don't bring these losers over to Hornfans. we have enough of them. :)

wide-e-wide
10-15-2005, 03:00 AM
hey don't bring these losers over to Hornfans. we have enough of them. :)

We will try not too...
but at least there...you can speak your mind without the internet cops pulling you over...and eleventy billlion teeny boppers telling you how smart they are....

Butch Fifield
10-15-2005, 03:03 AM
but at least there...you can speak your mind without the internet cops pulling you over..

i think my 7 or 8 suspensions over there would disagree with you.

GTown02
10-15-2005, 03:16 AM
Later Wide.. always enjoyed your posts...

jtk1519
10-15-2005, 03:17 AM

How the heck do you get suspended on Hornfans? I didnt know that was possible.

GoOwls
10-15-2005, 04:56 AM
Wow Wide, you must have made 50 posts since you quit. That's gotta be a record for retiring and coming back. You've already made more comebacks that Muhammad Ali, Vinny Testaverde, and Christi Brinkley combined.

OK, now I'm gonna wait for you to quit.............he stands tapping his foot......waiting for the end of Wides' posting career........in the background is the haunting tune of the "waiting for them to write the answer" music on Final Jeopardy............waiting...........waiting..... his foot tapped the floor more quickly and with less patience........oh heck, he ain't gonna quit. Talk to you tomorrow Wide. :D

drgnbkr
10-15-2005, 10:25 AM
C'mon Wide..we can work through this...put down the gun, pick up the beer and take a swig...okay, take a deep breath & tell the nearest young-un that you love em..we can get through this..I promise...feeling better....whatever you do don't, I repeat, don't listen to Dr. Laura...your buds here will get you through this....

eagleike
10-15-2005, 11:02 AM
You swore you were done..........what 5,6 posts ago? If you are done, then you are done.

dragons08
10-15-2005, 12:20 PM
come on wide, you cant be serious! your a major part of this board, you add the most to everything, you know about a ton of stuff on here, dont worry about the HOF, your HOF in your buddies hearts on this board, isnt that good enough?

SVite
10-15-2005, 12:36 PM
Hall of Fame!Theres a hall of fame?heck i guess i better get busy,LOL.I dont think your love for high school football is there if your motivation is some penny anny HOF induction. :rolleyes: Sorry,sometimes i call em the way is see,err read em.

Reaganrattler07
10-15-2005, 01:16 PM
Get real man, this site is here to talk 5A high school football. Not to see who can get the most posts, not to get a HOF by your name. See KT, thats why I say take away post count, and anything related to the time as a member on the board.

I agree....this is a board meant for high school football....and Wide's complaining there are 16 year olds on it....

HeightsISwhereIstay
10-15-2005, 02:24 PM
quiting because they don't put u in the HOF is the most ridiculous thing that i've ever seen. It a site to talk about football and have fun, not to see who can post more than everyone else and get a label by there name.

If u stop posting because of that then u should have never started because u were posted for the wrong reason.

Reaganrattler07
10-15-2005, 02:44 PM
quiting because they don't put u in the HOF is the most ridiculous thing that i've ever seen. It a site to talk about football and have fun, not to see who can post more than everyone else and get a label by there name.

If u stop posting because of that then u should have never started because u were posted for the wrong reason.

I haveta agree with this.....this whole thing is ridiculous.

dragons08
10-15-2005, 02:56 PM
Pack0808
Duke
dada
GoOwls
D08
bleed
CC57
jtk
bowiedawgs
mtbray
frog
ddaddy
drgbkr
scoot-scoot
L2K
RedRage
and my boy LPFan...

out of that list me and cc57 are the only kids on there, it feels pretty cool to be respected by an adult, espically when your a teen

implacable44
10-15-2005, 03:50 PM
the guy who wants to quit because he didnt make the hall of fame respects your opinion so that means what to you ?????

I dont think i have ever heard of anyone quitting because they didnt make the HOF ? I have heard of people extending their careers but never quitting to avoid the HOF. - barry sanders maybe ?

LPMOM
10-15-2005, 04:03 PM
wide i enjoy your post, but be serious. you claim to know so much about football, but did ya forget that players are voted into the HOF after playing for years and retiring. in other words, ya gotta put the time in, not just the post. i've been through a couple of format changes and lost my numbers every time. they may be low now, but they used to be a lot higher.

Dawg Fan
10-15-2005, 04:10 PM
BYE :rolleyes:

AllenEagle06
10-15-2005, 05:26 PM
So you're banning yourself now? That'll show 'em. ;)

HeightsISwhereIstay
10-15-2005, 05:28 PM
LPMOM: i jus joined this site, what team you go for, i saw your from killeen, but their 4a so jus wonderin?

Primetime536
10-15-2005, 05:29 PM
out of that list me and cc57 are the only kids on there, it feels pretty cool to be respected by an adult, espically when your a teen
who cares

Favpack
10-15-2005, 05:33 PM
Wide kills me - he may make it big some day -- now he gives us his Mike Jordan routine. He'll be back after he tries baseball.

HeightsISwhereIstay
10-15-2005, 05:47 PM
lol

wide-e-wide
10-15-2005, 07:47 PM
After further review....I have decided to stay.
ktchamp97 PM'd me...and I have come to my senses. (clear your inbox kt...I tried to respond but couldn't)

I've just been working a lot lately and my patience is wearing thin with the omnipotent youth on this board.

I am gonna try a new approach. Hopefully it will work.

dragons08
10-15-2005, 07:49 PM
ktchamp97 PM'd me...and I have come to my senses. (clear your inbox kt...I tried to respond but couldn't)

I've just been working a lot lately and my patience is wearing thin with the omnipotent youth on this board.

thanks kt for making him come to his senses!! welcome back wide!

drgnbkr
10-15-2005, 07:59 PM
So get your a_ _ back here & let's talk some lame stuff squid....

wide-e-wide
10-15-2005, 08:03 PM
Roger that...what's on the agenda tonight?
Jessica Simpson ...dumb or not dumb?
The absolute suckdom that is aggy?
Matt Leinart and Reggie Bush...lovers?
Why Theismann changed his name?
Aikman making a comeback? ....Please Troy ...settle down dude.

drgnbkr
10-15-2005, 08:07 PM
Dumb like a fox!
Sick..College Station is ok..there are just too many aggies
I think Matt's been in the bush... :eek:
Break a leg Joe...
Comeback from what?

wide-e-wide
10-15-2005, 08:13 PM
There was a story going around in the media last week...that Troy might be thinking about a comeback?
Why the hell would he do that?

drgnbkr
10-15-2005, 08:17 PM
He's a glutton for punishment is all I can think..He has plenty of money..why do it? He's already got the trophy wife....

wide-e-wide
10-15-2005, 08:21 PM
He's a glutton for punishment is all I can think..He has plenty of money..why do it? He's already got the trophy wife....

Probably just a rumor...I hope.

Oh...TexasFrog told me that the Navy is paying 100,000 reenlistment bonuses for certain rates.... :eek:

Could Wide be thinking of a comeback? hmmmmmmmmm....
I don't know shipmate...it's tempting.

drgnbkr
10-15-2005, 08:30 PM
Now, liberty call, liberty call.. now liberty call...

HeightsISwhereIstay
10-15-2005, 08:37 PM
There was a story going around in the media last week...that Troy might be thinking about a comeback?

this is the first i have heard of this and i hope its not true. He had a great career and is well respected by everyone, so why would he ruin all of that and make a laughing stock of himself?

Funniest post i've ever seen wide, the one about those topics. personally loved it.

wide-e-wide
10-15-2005, 08:38 PM
There is probably a catch.

I worked in the receipts section of PSD Norfolk as a PN...and we would get these guys straight out of boot camp. In their dress uniform...just off the plane...just smiling...checking into their new command...The first question was always...
"so when do I get my sign-up bonus?"
And I would say out loud to the 10 people in my office...
"hey 'yall...shipmate wants to know about his sign-up bonus"
And in unison....all of us would say ...to the tune of Dragnet...
"dumb,dumb,dumb,dumb..........dumb,dumb,dumb,dumb.. .duuuuuuuuuuuuumb"

They never read the fine print... The part that says...You get 25% of it upon completion of basic training...25% after completion of the initial enlistment...and the other 50% if you re-enlist...
Man you should have seen the looks on their faces...they already had the money spent...hahaha

If I learned one thing in the Navy...it's this
Nothing is free...
They aren't gonna offer you anything that doesn't benefit the Navy as well as you...

Favpack
10-15-2005, 09:00 PM

You were young too once Wide. Let the kids have some keyboard freedom. Beats the alternative. Not sure what that last sentence meant, but it sounded catchy.

wide-e-wide
10-15-2005, 09:17 PM
It means I am going to try and keep in mind that I am dealing with children.
I was an absolute heathen when I was a teenager....but I never...never...never...disrespected adults. My Dad would have roasted my little *** if he even thought I disrespected someone older than me.
But that was a different time.

NewSherriffInTown
10-15-2005, 10:03 PM
he knows 75% more football than 90% of the board, but 90% of his posts were about .00075% football.

wide-e-wide
10-15-2005, 10:13 PM
he knows 75% more football than 90% of the board, but 90% of his posts were about .00075% football.

and you are .000000% Texan
what's your point yankee?

If you ever...ever...ever...feel the need to validate your ridiculous assumption...bring it.
challenge me on anything football.

Hdshrinker
10-15-2005, 10:19 PM
wide i enjoy your post, but be serious. you claim to know so much about football, but did ya forget that players are voted into the HOF after playing for years and retiring. in other words, ya gotta put the time in, not just the post. i've been through a couple of format changes and lost my numbers every time. they may be low now, but they used to be a lot higher.

Dang....more and more he sounds like Mack Brown.....and sure enough...the powers that b bowed down.....*chuckles*

Reaganrattler07
10-15-2005, 10:26 PM

Maybe the Texans are gonna sign him......

LoneStarProud
10-15-2005, 10:27 PM
Glad you decided to persevere. I've enjoyed your straight forward yet warped sense of humor. Keep it coming.....Oh come on, you know your warped. :D

wide-e-wide
10-15-2005, 10:34 PM
Glad you decided to persevere. I've enjoyed your straight forward yet warped sense of humor. Keep it coming.....Oh come on, you know your warped. :D

Oh no doubt...

I will take that as a compliment.
Being raised by a Marine, serving in the Navy, consuming mass quantities of Miller Lite...and having the last name Wideman...will get you a twisted and warped sense of humor my friend...

I'll keep 'em comin'.....

mad_fan
10-15-2005, 10:56 PM

If you ever...ever...ever...feel the need to validate your ridiculous assumption...bring it.

slap a len dawson on his young a&& and it'll be len who? :D

dragons08
10-15-2005, 11:17 PM

im a yankee as well...

mad_fan
10-15-2005, 11:24 PM
im a yankee as well...

we all knew that, southlake is all most part of Canada.

GTown02
10-15-2005, 11:30 PM
Glad you decided to stay Wide... board would be a lot different without you on it...

Reaganrattler07
10-15-2005, 11:30 PM
Glad you decided to stay Wide... board would be a lot different without you on it...

It'd be the same as it is with him gone.....

lonny23
10-16-2005, 07:26 AM
this could very well be my last post.
With a combined ....5k posts....I'm done
If I can't get into the hall ....then I might as well be a guest.
holler at yall.
Pack0808
Duke
dada
GoOwls
D08
bleed
CC57
jtk
bowiedawgs
mtbray
frog
ddaddy
drgbkr
scoot-scoot
L2K
RedRage
and my boy LPFan...

I'm out...hit me with a e-mail
I swear on my Mama and my kids....I'm done
bwideman@hot.rr.com
holla at your boy....I have better ish to do.
I've enjoyed our time together, but I don't think you're done. You'll be back.

lonny23
10-16-2005, 07:27 AM
wide do not be a baby?? You know why they cannot put you right in?? Come on bro it is a football website who cares if you have HOF by your name?? LOL
Yeah, he has to keep his nose clean for a while. I only got in after the board broke and I was good for about 6 months.

lonny23
10-16-2005, 07:28 AM
See ya in a week ;).
It's just a ploy to push them to let him in the HOF.

lonny23
10-16-2005, 07:29 AM
Nope...you won't...
I will not fold to the politics baby...I'm a revolutionary....
I'm done...
I know Pack08's e-mail address...
I'm done...
this is BS.
I'm out.
I still say I carry at least 75% more football knowledge than 90% of the people on this board...and that is being nice...truly it is.
Pack will tell you that.
Yeah, you have a lot of knowledge. You can't name whole starting lineups from 20 years ago without a lot of knowledge.

lonny23
10-16-2005, 07:30 AM
ktchamp...and KT2000....it was cool while it lasted...but we
must now go our own way.........................

Yall be cool.
What happened to that being your last post? I'm going to hold my breath until I turn blue in the face and THEN I'LL START BREATHING AGAIN! :p

lonny23
10-16-2005, 07:32 AM
Hook 'em...
Better watch out for those tortilla throwers. That's going to be a hard game to win.

lonny23
10-16-2005, 07:36 AM
Makes no sense wide?? Who really cares about being a HOF on a website come on??
I disagree. When I got up over 2K and didn't have any other levels to reach, my goal was to be accepted as a Community Veteran. The Hall of Famers can make changes to their level name, but all of us still carry Hall of Fame because it does mean something. When you have like 900 posters and only 19 are in the Hall of Fame, it's something you're proud of.

If I wasn't in the Hall of Fame right now, I'd be pestering the admins about being accepted with my peers. I didn't make a big fuss about it last year because the admins told me they were going to wait a while before letting more people in and it was April when they did it.

lonny23
10-16-2005, 07:40 AM
Hey, there's plenty of drama around here! You get to see a part of people's lives and it's fun.

Wide is more knowledgeable than most of us, but his past trouble haunts him. If he gets in the Hall of Fame, then scores of people that come along after him will want to be forgiven and the admins lose some control over the board. It's just like if somebody posts all the time, they have to have a lot of substance to be a Hall of Famer because somebody else will come along and want to be in on the basis of posting a lot.

lonny23
10-16-2005, 07:43 AM
go online to do it.
online...but now
No respect.
Unfortunately, times have changed. Most people, even in the old days, got to a point where they smarted off to older people, but most of us come back to having more respect. You can always stick around and be a mentor to the young guys. They'll remember the stuff you say. I try my best to say things to the younger guys when I get a chance.

lonny23
10-16-2005, 07:45 AM

and mtbray...you too.
Yeah, but Sesame Street needs Oscar the Grouch! :p

lonny23
10-16-2005, 07:46 AM
I say keep them because it makes people want to be here more. When more people post, I like the board more. It makes me want to post more!

lonny23
10-16-2005, 07:48 AM
We will try not too...
but at least there...you can speak your mind without the internet cops pulling you over...and eleventy billlion teeny boppers telling you how smart they are....
Hey, there are smart alecks everywhere. With the computer generation upon us, you'll always have young guys talking trash.

Besides, look who they get it from. Old guys like me and you! :D

lonny23
10-16-2005, 07:49 AM
Crap, that's a lot! I'd think you'd learn pretty quickly what NOT to say!

lonny23
10-16-2005, 07:51 AM
Wow Wide, you must have made 50 posts since you quit. That's gotta be a record for retiring and coming back. You've already made more comebacks that Muhammad Ali, Vinny Testaverde, and Christi Brinkley combined.

OK, now I'm gonna wait for you to quit.............he stands tapping his foot......waiting for the end of Wides' posting career........in the background is the haunting tune of the "waiting for them to write the answer" music on Final Jeopardy............waiting...........waiting..... his foot tapped the floor more quickly and with less patience........oh heck, he ain't gonna quit. Talk to you tomorrow Wide. :D
Christie Brinkley never quit because she was always HOT! She's like the model of what we all want wives to look like in their 40's.

She has staying power. I liked her when I was a kid in the early 80's and now that it's 2 decades later, I still think she looks good.

lonny23
10-16-2005, 07:53 AM
C'mon Wide..we can work through this...put down the gun, pick up the beer and take a swig...okay, take a deep breath & tell the nearest young-un that you love em..we can get through this..I promise...feeling better....whatever you do don't, I repeat, don't listen to Dr. Laura...your buds here will get you through this....
He might've not put down the gun, but I bet he picked up the beer! :p

lonny23
10-16-2005, 07:56 AM
Hall of Fame!Theres a hall of fame?heck i guess i better get busy,LOL.I dont think your love for high school football is there if your motivation is some penny anny HOF induction. :rolleyes: Sorry,sometimes i call em the way is see,err read em.
Sure it is. We all want to be recognized for stuff and I don't blame him. He does need to be aware of his circumstances, though.

I do think it's childish to quit because you can't get in, though. I was determined to keep posting until they let me in as a Community Veteran because I figured they eventually would. I was in the Hall of Fame after the board crashed.

lonny23
10-16-2005, 07:58 AM
I agree....this is a board meant for high school football....and Wide's complaining there are 16 year olds on it....
Hey, it goes with the territory. He knows there will be a lot of young guys on here. He has plenty of old guys around, too.

lonny23
10-16-2005, 08:01 AM

Don't say that. He was here because he loves the game. He also has fun talking to a lot of us and he has a cool website, too. The board does have a different dynamic than it used to and the biggest change in the last couple of years is that we have a lot more posters. It's not a small community anymore and you have new guys popping up everywhere.

lonny23
10-16-2005, 08:04 AM
Scooter is only 22 or maybe 23. You knew Redskins wasn't going to be on there because he's been the whipping boy for disrespect. I still don't know what he did to get on a few people's bad side. I'd like to know.

It was good for you that he recognized you. You seem to try to learn stuff, though.

lonny23
10-16-2005, 08:12 AM
the guy who wants to quit because he didnt make the hall of fame respects your opinion so that means what to you ?????

I dont think i have ever heard of anyone quitting because they didnt make the HOF ? I have heard of people extending their careers but never quitting to avoid the HOF. - barry sanders maybe ?
Hey, it's always a good thing when somebody recognizes you. I want to be recognized by people, too. Affection is part of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. Even I want to be recognized on this board. That might be part of Wide's problem. New guys come in and don't recognize the veterans as much as some of the older guys. I've been around here since 2003 and some of the guys have been here longer than me. Dragons08 came here pretty much this year and if people start recognizing him as the voice of the board, feelings are going to get hurt. I always looked to the guys who were Community Veterans as people who had a lot of knowledge about the game and they were the forum leaders.

Barry Sanders quit because the Lions didn't do more to help him succeed. He should've kept playing instead of being a quitter. Emmitt wasn't going to quit and that's why he deserves the rushing record. He kept playing and probably could've gotten to 20,000 yards if he didn't shut it down.

lonny23
10-16-2005, 08:13 AM
Maybe he's retiring so he can be put in the Hall of Fame! :p

If that doesn't work, he'll crash the board and come back as a Hall of Famer!

lonny23
10-16-2005, 08:15 AM
LPMOM: i jus joined this site, what team you go for, i saw your from killeen, but their 4a so jus wonderin?
Lufkin P.....s, oh yeah, Panthers! :D

lonny23
10-16-2005, 08:17 AM

What's the new approach?

You can't get rid of the kids. WE'RE TALKING ABOUT HIGH SCHOOL!

lonny23
10-16-2005, 08:18 AM
thanks kt for making him come to his senses!! welcome back wide!
That was the shortest retirement in history! :p

lonny23
10-16-2005, 08:21 AM
Roger that...what's on the agenda tonight?
Jessica Simpson ...dumb or not dumb?
The absolute suckdom that is aggy?
Matt Leinart and Reggie Bush...lovers?
Why Theismann changed his name?
Aikman making a comeback? ....Please Troy ...settle down dude.

Jessica Simpson is hot. Who cares if she's dumb.

Hey, the Ags took out their frustration today. I guess they just hate orange!

Whatever works for USC!

So he could try for a Heisman, THAT HE DIDN'T WIN! Then again, they gave it to John Crapaletti in a sympathy vote.

What has Aikman said for you to make that comment?

lonny23
10-16-2005, 08:24 AM
Maybe he's got the itch to come back because the Cowboys have an offense for the first time since he retired.

lonny23
10-16-2005, 08:26 AM
Probably just a rumor...I hope.

Oh...TexasFrog told me that the Navy is paying 100,000 reenlistment bonuses for certain rates.... :eek:

Could Wide be thinking of a comeback? hmmmmmmmmm....
I don't know shipmate...it's tempting.
Speaking of a glutton for punishment. I joined the Air Force knowing I was leaving Navy money on the table. I think the Army was giving up to $60K a few years ago. Now, they want Air Force people. It's not worth the money!

lonny23
10-16-2005, 08:34 AM
There is probably a catch.

I worked in the receipts section of PSD Norfolk as a PN...and we would get these guys straight out of boot camp. In their dress uniform...just off the plane...just smiling...checking into their new command...The first question was always...
"so when do I get my sign-up bonus?"
And I would say out loud to the 10 people in my office...
"hey 'yall...shipmate wants to know about his sign-up bonus"
And in unison....all of us would say ...to the tune of Dragnet...
"dumb,dumb,dumb,dumb..........dumb,dumb,dumb,dumb.. .duuuuuuuuuuuuumb"

They never read the fine print... The part that says...You get 25% of it upon completion of basic training...25% after completion of the initial enlistment...and the other 50% if you re-enlist...
Man you should have seen the looks on their faces...they already had the money spent...hahaha

If I learned one thing in the Navy...it's this
Nothing is free...
They aren't gonna offer you anything that doesn't benefit the Navy as well as you...
The Air Force does re-enlistment bonues where they give you some up front and then in yearly increments. I've never gotten a re-enlistment bonus from the Air Force.

They gave me a $2K bonus for staying Korea and extra year, but took it away when I got married to a Korean and was Command Sponsored. The Korean left me 2 years ago, so the bottom line is I stayed in Korea for 4 years to lose an extra $6K from the Air Force and no telling how much because I was married to her.

If I deploy again a few months after I get back from Kyrgyzstan, I'll take Air Forces $30K bonus tax-free.

lonny23
10-16-2005, 08:36 AM
That's true. I see he has a bunch if posts and always wonder where they're at. They have to be in College Football and Pro Football because I spend less time there than anywhere on the board.

lonny23
10-16-2005, 08:37 AM

What happened to the new style? That's what got you banned like 100 times! :D

lonny23
10-16-2005, 08:39 AM
Maybe the Texans are gonna sign him......
The way the Texans block, Troy wouldn't take $400 Million! :D

mad_fan
10-16-2005, 08:41 AM
The Air Force does re-enlistment bonues where they give you some up front and then in yearly increments. I've never gotten a re-enlistment bonus from the Air Force.

They gave me a $2K bonus for staying Korea and extra year, but took it away when I got married to a Korean and was Command Sponsored. The Korean left me 2 years ago, so the bottom line is I stayed in Korea for 4 years to lose an extra $6K from the Air Force and no telling how much because I was married to her.

If I deploy again a few months after I get back from Kyrgyzstan, I'll take Air Forces $30K bonus tax-free.

How times change...I was on second trip to Saudi when the AF offered me $40,000 to leave...they only had to offer once... :D

lonny23
10-16-2005, 08:42 AM
we all knew that, southlake is all most part of Canada.
Just one question, Dragons08. You lived in Illinois, but you're in Texas before you've even gotten out of school. Why wouldn't you want to claim Texas? This is the best state and plenty of people want to move here and you say you're a Yankee? :confused:

lonny23
10-16-2005, 08:44 AM
It'd be the same as it is with him gone.....
Nah, he does add to the board. The board needs spice and some fighting. It will never be a great utopia where everybody likes each other.

lonny23
10-16-2005, 08:53 AM
How times change...I was on second trip to Saudi when the AF offered me $40,000 to leave...they only had to offer once... :D
I make enough now and looking at a potential retirement in the future, that it will take a LOT of money from the Air Force or somebody else to offer me to leave.

You know how they started fooling with retirement in 1980. Before a certain date in 1980, your retirement was 50% of final pay. From 1980-1986, they gave you 50% of the average of the last 3 years. After 1986, it was always 40% of the average of the last 3 years, but they came up with a new system a few years ago. They will offer you $30K at the 15-year mark and you stay with the 40% and lose 1% in cost of living every year of retirement until a one-time catch up at 62 and start losing the 1% again or you can decline the bonus and get the 50% and not lose any cost of living retirement raises.

They've always said you'll get 75% retirement if you stay until 30 years and that's probably what I'll do. I'll only lose some retirement pay for 12 years before I catchup and them lose some more until I die. The bonus catch for me is I don't want to pay $8K in taxes off the top and more on my yearly return. I'll take it if I get it tax-free, though.

mad_fan
10-16-2005, 09:04 AM
They do some crazy stuff. I took the cash and ran understading I could NEVER go back on active duty...three years later I'm getting letter from AFMPC at Randolph asking if I want back in. They would let me pay back the $40,000 over 10 years. Hahaha...

At the time I got out, peace was breaking out all over the world...or so they thought...my wife was in the Canadian AF and she took an early pension at the same time I took the $$$. It covers the house payment. :)

lonny23
10-16-2005, 09:14 AM
They do some crazy stuff. I took the cash and ran understading I could NEVER go back on active duty...three years later I'm getting letter from AFMPC at Randolph asking if I want back in. They would let me pay back the $40,000 over 10 years. Hahaha...

At the time I got out, peace was breaking out all over the world...or so they thought...my wife was in the Canadian AF and she took an early pension at the same time I took the $$$. It covers the house payment. :)
Just the fact, you said AFMPC shows you've been out for a while without the peace comment!

mad_fan
10-16-2005, 09:16 AM
Just the fact, you said AFMPC shows you've been out for a while without the peace comment!

Did they change that too?

lonny23
10-16-2005, 09:37 AM
Did they change that too?
It's AFPC- Air Force Personnel Center. I worked right by there in Hangar 73.

They put Alaska Air Command in Pacific Air Forces in 1990. They merged Strategic Air Command, Tactical Air Command, and Military Air Command in 1992. It's now Air Combat Command and Air Mobility Command.

We have an Air Force Material Command, Air Force Special Operations Command, and Air Force Space Command. They still have United States Air Forces in Europe to go with Pacific Air Forces.

When I went to Basic, they taught us "New Airmen Will Get Sore Feet!" While that was true, it also stood for the Air Force organization. That changed, too. We still have Numbered Air Forces, but they don't have as much oversight as the past. We don't have many Air Base Wings and there aren't Base Commanders anymore. They basically have Wing Commanders as the Base Commander. We still have Groups, but they fooled with that, too. Squadrons and Flights still exist. The Logistics Group and Support Group are now the Mission Support Group. They basically have Maintenance Groups or Directorates at some bases.

mad_fan
10-16-2005, 09:48 AM
They started all that before I got out. I was in Space Command and didnt really see any changes. Plus I was at an AF Station, so the Squadron commander was the base commander.

lonny23
10-16-2005, 10:16 AM
They started all that before I got out. I was in Space Command and didnt really see any changes. Plus I was at an AF Station, so the Squadron commander was the base commander.
The biggest change I heard about was that SAC always was a bear for rules. I was never in SAC.

lonny23
10-23-2005, 09:07 AM
And now presenting the "Sugar Ray Leonard" of texas5afootball.com in the purple corner weighing in at 185 pounds with a combined total of over 6,000 posts and 3 knockouts (by the admins), WIDE-E-WIDE! :D

Give it up for Wide, ladies and gentlemen! :D

dragons08
10-23-2005, 02:54 PM
yippie skippie wideman!