PDA

View Full Version : Judson

Texas Hammer
05-14-2005, 06:11 PM
You guys putting Judson in the top 10 are giving them way too much credit. They are a 4th place team at best. SV has a lot of guys coming back, Madison has talent and reloaded, and nobody got to see what Churchill can do with Nick Fanuzzi. Hey, Reagan might jump up there, too. Football is the only sport that Reagan hasn't been able to win big in.

The ol' Rockets lost Kyle Fox, most of the coaching staff, and a lot of kids to the new school.

Judson is done! Their only hope is steroids and recruiting.

lonny23
05-14-2005, 06:39 PM
You guys putting Judson in the top 10 are giving them way too much credit. They are a 4th place team at best. SV has a lot of guys coming back, Madison has talent and reloaded, and nobody got to see what Churchill can do with Nick Fanuzzi. Hey, Reagan might jump up there, too. Football is the only sport that Reagan hasn't been able to win big in.

The ol' Rockets lost Kyle Fox, most of the coaching staff, and a lot of kids to the new school.

Hammer, I wouldn't count out the Rockets just yet.

26-5A is a tough district, but until somebody in the district can show they're consistently better than Judson, they're the top dog. The teams you mentioned are good teams, but that doesn't mean they're ready to beat Judson. Their 5A history of winning can't be disputed. They'll be just fine and "In Rackley we trust."

jrdaniel
05-14-2005, 11:37 PM
Smithson Valley is a team similar to the Rockets in that they build throughout the season and plan on peaking in December. Before that, just as with the Rockets, they are open to an upset defeat from another strong team. They will be the favorites to win the district for the first time though.

Madison has some question marks on the defensive side of the ball and in the heart department. The way they tanked at the end of the season last year can leave a lingering effect on a team. We'll see if they can overcome it. Everyone knows the offense will be explosive, the Mavericks are never down in that area.

Churchill has Nick Fanuzzi, but who else? They played tough last year, for the first time in a while and will have their top athlete back next year, but will he have a good enough supporting cast? I think last year was a valiant effort by the Chargers, and they will contend for a playoff spot, but at best they will get 3rd in the district.

Saying Reagan will make the playoffs is like saying Lee is going to make the playoffs. You'd pull both predictions out of your rear since neither has happened since either teams members have been alive.

Bottom line, yes Judson has some question marks, and might be down from last years strong all around team, but they will make the playoffs and do it with no more than 1 district loss in my opinion. Although my buddy called them going all the way in 2005 2 years ago - and is sticking to it - I don't see them advancing too far unless they have a breakout RB (which has happened more often than not).

lonny23
05-14-2005, 11:44 PM
Smithson Valley is a team similar to the Rockets in that they build throughout the season and plan on peaking in December. Before that, just as with the Rockets, they are open to an upset defeat from another strong team. They will be the favorites to win the district for the first time though.

Madison has some question marks on the defensive side of the ball and in the heart department. The way they tanked at the end of the season last year can leave a lingering effect on a team. We'll see if they can overcome it. Everyone knows the offense will be explosive, the Mavericks are never down in that area.

Churchill has Nick Fanuzzi, but who else? They played tough last year, for the first time in a while and will have their top athlete back next year, but will he have a good enough supporting cast? I think last year was a valiant effort by the Chargers, and they will contend for a playoff spot, but at best they will get 3rd in the district.

Saying Reagan will make the playoffs is like saying Lee is going to make the playoffs. You'd pull both predictions out of your rear since neither has happened since either teams members have been alive.

Bottom line, yes Judson has some question marks, and might be down from last years strong all around team, but they will make the playoffs and do it with no more than 1 district loss in my opinion. Although my buddy called them going all the way in 2005 2 years ago - and is sticking to it - I don't see them advancing too far unless they have a breakout RB (which has happened more often than not).
When Judson won it all in 2002, the media said that most people were looking at 2003 being a title year. We all know what happened that year.

I expect the Rockets to be real good. Until Reagan proves otherwise, I can't say they'll make the playoffs. Madison hasn't had heart since I moved to SA. Churchill has not been too good recently and I don't know if they'll continue what they did last year.

TexasRed6x
05-16-2005, 07:16 PM
Hammer, I would agree here they will beat up on Laredo Nixon, Lee, Mac, Regan, and Clemens as always. From an outsider looking in to many coaching changes from what I have heard I would say if they finish above 500 it would be a reach for them. I have heard reading this board no quarterback and no runnigback should say enough about this team. I have seen many folks putting them in the top 10, please that is just too much respect. I think they will start like 17th but after 4 games in will be around 67th. The Judson era is over lets all move on.

lonny23
05-16-2005, 07:22 PM
Hammer, I would agree here they will beat up on Laredo Nixon, Lee, Mac, Regan, and Clemens as always. From an outsider looking in to many coaching changes from what I have heard I would say if they finish above 500 it would be a reach for them. I have heard reading this board no quarterback and no runnigback should say enough about this team. I have seen many folks putting them in the top 10, please that is just too much respect. I think they will start like 17th but after 4 games in will be around 67th. The Judson era is over lets all move on.
If you feel like they'll beat Clemens, that means they'll beat almost if not everybody else.

TexasRed6x
05-16-2005, 07:32 PM
With 4 teams getting into the playoffs they would only have to win 3 to 4 district games.

lonny23
05-16-2005, 07:36 PM
With 4 teams getting into the playoffs they would only have to win 3 to 4 district games.
That's not until next year.

RocketQB
05-16-2005, 09:53 PM

Giving them way too much credit?! You sound like one of the many "Rocket-haters"! Let's not count them out until at least after the season begins and we see them losing games. As for losing Fox, that's ok. Judson always have runningbacks waiting for their opportunity to shine--that will not be a problem. Concerning the change in the coaching staff, that's another "wait and see" what happens. I cannot see Rackley completely changing the program just because there are new coaches new to Judson. Maybe some modifications, but not a complete change. Also, Judson will not be losing a lot of the students when the new school opens because there is no senior class so those who stay at Judson as juniors will be allowed to stay there for their senior year as well.

Steroids is out of the question. They play with raw talent and discipline only!

lonny23
05-16-2005, 10:17 PM
Giving them way too much credit?! You sound like one of the many "Rocket-haters"! Let's not count them out until at least after the season begins and we see them losing games. As for losing Fox, that's ok. Judson always have runningbacks waiting for their opportunity to shine--that will not be a problem. Concerning the change in the coaching staff, that's another "wait and see" what happens. I cannot see Rackley completely changing the program just because there are new coaches new to Judson. Maybe some modifications, but not a complete change. Also, Judson will not be losing a lot of the students when the new school opens because there is no senior class so those who stay at Judson as juniors will be allowed to stay there for their senior year as well.

Steroids is out of the question. They play with raw talent and discipline only!
That's the spirit! :D I was wearing a Judson t-shirt one day and a guy walked up to me and said we were getting a good defensive coach in Coach Rhoads from New Braunfels.

Observer
05-16-2005, 10:21 PM
Offer check!

lonny23
05-16-2005, 10:25 PM
Offer check!
What's up with all the offer checks? I've seen about 5 of them.

LP-79
05-17-2005, 08:09 AM
I figured this thread would be a lot more heated than it is!

dwistheman
05-17-2005, 11:15 AM
This is nothing new. Judson always has detractors predicting the demise of the program. My guess is Texas Hammer will be long gone before the Rockets are.

Pantherfan12
05-17-2005, 01:08 PM
Judson will be good...again....for a couple of reasons....the incoming Senior class is loaded as usual....have you been following the UIL track meets and seen the depth of Judson's speed in several events....granted some will be graduating....but not all. The second reason .....They're Judson and this years team will not be impacted by the opening of the new high school like next years. Same machine in place that's been there for years.

Next year...we'll have to wait and see, but there is a ton of talent in that area to be shared by two high schools. The Rackley system works...and works well.....

Go Panthers......Rematch in Region IV.......Bring it on

CoppellCowboy57
05-17-2005, 01:16 PM
I figured that Judson would be a decent program this year

Texas Hammer
05-17-2005, 09:03 PM
This is nothing new. Judson always has detractors predicting the demise of the program. My guess is Texas Hammer will be long gone before the Rockets are.
Nah, I'm planning on sticking around for a while! :D

Texas Hammer
05-19-2005, 12:13 AM

OK, I'll quit fooling around. I don't believe anything I said in that post.

RedRage00
05-19-2005, 09:44 AM
could texas hammer be lonny?????

They are both in wichita falls???

Rerun
05-19-2005, 09:57 AM
yea they are the same go read the line of posts between me and l2k last night in the 25-5a - 27-5a thread.

J-ROCKSTUD79
05-19-2005, 08:44 PM

Why is everyone saying that we lost all of our players.It is just next years sophmores and the good ones are staying at judson because they choose to.Anybody who had any since would realize that last year we had a young team.We had 5 starters on offence and 5 starters on defence last year that where juniors and most of them where on varsity as sophmores.Three O-LINE starters are coming back and the same on the D-LINE.We all remember how dominating there where last year.Well i guess people are gonna be in for a big surprise next year.

Texas Hammer
05-19-2005, 09:01 PM
Why is everyone saying that we lost all of our players.It is just next years sophmores and the good ones are staying at judson because they choose to.Anybody who had any since would realize that last year we had a young team.We had 5 starters on offence and 5 starters on defence last year that where juniors and most of them where on varsity as sophmores.Three O-LINE starters are coming back and the same on the D-LINE.We all remember how dominating there where last year.Well i guess people are gonna be in for a big surprise next year.
That's what I want to hear. I was goofing off with the original post! :D

Slim-Rob
05-19-2005, 09:37 PM
Look for these names:
Carl Bouldin- QB
Eddie Bermudez-QB
Oscar Lee-WR
Derrick Williams-WR
Robert Housler-TE
Joe Glover-RB
Jose Mendoza-RB
Adolph Perez-OL
Aaron Caudell-OL
Marcus Dimando-OL
Dominique Woods-OL
Chris Crocket-OL
Travis Houston-DL
Donald Clark-Dl
Chris Withrow-DL
Anthony Ross-DL
Antionne (Tony) Harp-DB
Marquis Dubose-DB

I think i got all the positions correct. I'm tired for some reason, so I'm not 100% sure that they are.

AND TexasRed6x, if you say Judson will beat Clemens, thats giving us credit because we don't play Clemens untill the playoffs. Thanks bud.

Texas Hammer
05-19-2005, 09:41 PM
Look for these names:
Carl Bouldin- QB
Eddie Bermudez-QB
Oscar Lee-WR
Derrick Williams-WR
Robert Housler-TE
Joe Glover-RB
Jose Mendoza-RB
Adolph Perez-OL
Aaron Caudell-OL
Marcus Dimando-OL
Dominique Woods-OL
Chris Crocket-OL
Travis Houston-DL
Donald Clark-Dl
Chris Withrow-DL
Antionne (Tony) Harp-DB
Marquis Dubose-DB
Anthony Ross-LB

I think i got all the positions correct. I'm tired for some reason, so I'm not 100% sure that they are.

AND TexasRed6x, if you say Judson will beat Clemens, thats giving us credit because we don't play Clemens untill the playoffs. Thanks bud.
Not to mention that Clemens is the #22 team in Texas. The way the article is written, we'll probably be favored over #21 Pflugerville, who will naturally be favored over #23 RR McNeil. Judson isn't going anywhere!

I thought a few of the guys you listed graduated last year. I sure thought Houston was gone.

Ex Buff
05-21-2005, 02:20 AM
[QUOTE=TexasRed6x]Hammer, I would agree here they will beat up on Laredo Nixon, Lee, Mac, Regan, and Clemens as always. QUOTE]

I agree to a point. They won't beat up on Clemens. Judson vs. Clemens is usually a great game (last year playoffs being the exception). I date back to the early to mid 80s. Judson in the early 80s dominated Clemens, but they were more than twice the size as Clemens. Clemens dropped to 4a for a while from 84 to early 90s. As of late the enrollment has been closer and Clemens has given Judson all they could handle (last year playoffs being the exception). This year should be a toss-up as nobody knows what the new Coach at Clemens will do.

gator9
05-21-2005, 03:07 PM
Read where it took the Judson RB 3 tries before he got a qualifying score to go to Angelo St. Don't you get 400 pts for just signing your name?

TexasRed6x
05-21-2005, 03:35 PM
Let's go over it again I think that they will get into the playoff;s and will win their first playoof game against Clemens, I know what I said. I just think after that it is over and I think in 2 years that Wagner will be better than Judson. I am not bashing them I just think without a proven quarterback and a runningback they will be hurting. I also know that they have produced runningbacks before but before we heard of the next great runningback, I have not seen or heard of a name yet, so I think that will be a problem. If Judson does not have a running game they cannot win and everyone on this board knows that 75% of the offense is in the running game.

The FACTS are the FACTS, and that is the FACT

Slim-Rob
05-22-2005, 08:27 PM
I thought a few of the guys you listed graduated last year. I sure thought Houston was gone.

Houston was a junior this year.

TexasRed6x

If Judson does not have a running game they cannot win and everyone on this board knows that 75% of the offense is in the running game.

i'm gonna just stop posting about this because there are many surprises in store for you guys next year.

jrdaniel
05-24-2005, 07:31 AM
Judson has NEVER had a proven QB returning, and the running game is more like 98% of the offense there. The last time Judson had a sub .500 season was 1976, don't think that is about to change just because we changed some assistant coaches and lost a starting TB.

JudsonStud19
05-25-2005, 11:32 PM
Judson will have no trouble next year... Will everyone just put behind them that Judson lost Kyle and Thomas... Other then those two... Just abuot eveyone else on that team was Juniors and Sophmores.... The only thing we have to worry abuot is Kicker... We brought in 3 guys from our soccer team to try to help us there but I aint seen them kick so i have no clue... Carl will do wonderful. And KT and Alfred will do there job filling in for Kyle behind a massive O-Line

lonny23
12-04-2005, 09:05 AM

Ah, what fun I had!:D

lonny23
12-04-2005, 09:09 AM
could texas hammer be lonny?????

They are both in wichita falls???
Good job, Sherlock!;)