PDA

View Full Version : Some more good video

jtk1519
10-13-2005, 06:38 PM
The dancing in this is pretty funny, but that walk down the tunnel is unreal.

http://www.archive.org/download/BeforeOklahomaGame/Vlog.wmv

GTown02
10-13-2005, 07:22 PM
Good video!

I got goose bumps while in the tunnel... they should have kept filming and gotten the team running onto the field! :D

Hdshrinker
10-13-2005, 07:39 PM
Good video!

I got goose bumps while in the tunnel... they should have kept filming and gotten the team running onto the field! :D

Texas fans are in for a disappointment this year. IF <---emphasis on if they were to get to USC and they won't because of a weak Big 12 schedule.....they'd get rolled.

wide-e-wide
10-13-2005, 07:49 PM
Texas fans are in for a disappointment this year. IF <---emphasis on if they were to get to USC and they won't because of a weak Big 12 schedule.....they'd get rolled.

IF <---------------------------emphasis on the if
My Grandma would have had a pair...we would have called her Grandpa

and

Brains were dynamite...you would'nt have enough to blow your nose.

Hdshrinker
10-13-2005, 07:53 PM
My Grandma would have had a pair...we would have called her Grandpa

and

Brains were dynamite...you would'nt have enough to blow your nose.

How well do you eat humble pie wide? In fact..the BCS comes out reallllllllllllll soon. Wanna bet VA Tech is above Texas? Remember the argument whiner Mac used last year? It's gonna bite him in the butt this year.

Reaganrattler07
10-13-2005, 07:58 PM
How well do you eat humble pie wide? In fact..the BCS comes out reallllllllllllll soon. Wanna bet VA Tech is above Texas? Remember the argument whiner Mac used last year? It's gonna bite him in the butt this year.

*chuckles* Good to see we agree on something, Hd.

wide-e-wide
10-13-2005, 08:01 PM

Willing to put your money where your mouth is....
I'm untouchable this season when it comes to the Horns...
bring it.

If Texas loses to USC...I will erase all of my posts and change my username to Leinart'sgirl....

or we could always take it to the paypal account...but that would probably piss your landlord off when you're broke.

Hdshrinker
10-13-2005, 08:04 PM
bring it.

If I were a betting man....you bet I would wide......(notice I didn't say gambling man? It's not even a gamble) but then your wife would be mad at me for taking candy away from the baby.

Hdshrinker
10-13-2005, 08:05 PM
or we could always take it to the paypal account...but that would probably piss your landlord off when you're broke.

Wide? I own both of my homes.... I dont want to make it a third.....

wide-e-wide
10-13-2005, 08:07 PM
Typical big mouth...you call him out...and he has more excuses than Oprah at an all-you-can eat buffet. Gimme a break...

Reaganrattler07
10-13-2005, 08:07 PM
Wide? I own both of my homes.... I dont want to make it a third.....

Hahaha, that's one thing about these forums.....you don't know if your talking to the poorest man in the world or the richest....not saying your either of course but, things are so decieving.

wide-e-wide
10-13-2005, 08:09 PM
If I were a betting man....you bet I would wide......(notice I didn't say gambling man? It's not even a gamble) but then your wife would be mad at me for taking candy away from the baby.

No... my wife you would probably tell you to go screw yourself and double the bet.

Hdshrinker
10-13-2005, 08:15 PM
*chuckles* Good to see we agree on something, Hd.

I was a Texas fan as a kid...and for a lot of years as an adult.....then came Mack Brown and his incessant whining...and Ricky blunt.......and then I watch them draft kids like Jarrell Wilkerson just so no one else will get him...He'll never see the ball with kids like that Jamal there...... wasted talent sitting on the bench. You can't just blame the greed of Texas, some responsibility lies on those
helping him make decisions.

Hdshrinker
10-13-2005, 08:16 PM
No... my wife you would probably tell you to go screw yourself and double the bet.

I guess I shoulda figured on that...she married you

Hdshrinker
10-13-2005, 08:18 PM
Typical big mouth...you call him out...and he has more excuses than Oprah at an all-you-can eat buffet. Gimme a break...

Tell you what wide......I'll take you up on erasing your post bet.....and if Texas even meets USC in the BSC title game....I'll leave the forum altogether.

wide-e-wide
10-13-2005, 08:47 PM
And how do I win ....?
I say you stick around and change your name to Widewasright...now then we would have a bet.

Reaganrattler07
10-13-2005, 09:51 PM
I was a Texas fan as a kid...and for a lot of years as an adult.....then came Mack Brown and his incessant whining...and Ricky blunt.......and then I watch them draft kids like Jarrell Wilkerson just so no one else will get him...He'll never see the ball with kids like that Jamal there...... wasted talent sitting on the bench. You can't just blame the greed of Texas, some responsibility lies on those
helping him make decisions.

I can understand that....and all that whining Mack put out last year may turn around and bite him right in the....you know where.

Hdshrinker
10-13-2005, 10:14 PM
And how do I win ....?
I say you stick around and change your name to Widewasright...now then we would have a bet.

and you? WideLoser?

wide-e-wide
10-13-2005, 10:42 PM
Sure...I'll do it.
I back up all of my smack...let's make it happen.

Hdshrinker
10-13-2005, 11:14 PM
Sure...I'll do it.
I back up all of my smack...let's make it happen.

Let's be sure we understand the bet....... you're betting Texas is still ranked 2nd when the BCS comes out....or you're betting Texas beats USC in the bcs championship bowl?

I'm betting they don't make it to the bcs championship bowl?

jtk1519
10-14-2005, 12:49 AM
and then I watch them draft kids like Jarrell Wilkerson just so no one else will get him...He'll never see the ball with kids like that Jamal there...... wasted talent sitting on the bench.

That has to be, without question, the stupidest thing I have ever seen posted on a message board (and I'm a regular reader of Texags). I must make it to one of the high school drafts so I can see how the evil empires of the world hoard all the talent and prevent these poor little kids from playing football.

Earth to idiot... THERE IS NO DRAFT! Wilkerson CHOSE to go to Texas. He signed his cute little John Hancock on the dotted line and, believe it or not, evil Mack wasn’t even holding a gun to his head. He had offers to attend and play football (for free) from Notre Dame, Tennessee, Mizzou, etc., but he CHOSE to go to Texas. Better yet, he made that CHOICE knowing that Jamaal Charles (widely regarded as one of the top RB prospects in the nation) had already pledged to attend UT several months before.

Aside from the two paragraphs above, I'm left speechless by the utter stupidity of the above quoted post and by the complete lack of common sense used by the mental midget responsible for authoring such a barbaric assault on logic and reason.

Cujo
10-14-2005, 05:46 AM
That has to be, without question, the stupidest thing I have ever seen posted on a message board (and I'm a regular reader of Texags). I must make it to one of the high school drafts so I can see how the evil empires of the world hoard all the talent and prevent these poor little kids from playing football.

Earth to idiot... THERE IS NO DRAFT! Wilkerson CHOSE to go to Texas. He signed his cute little John Hancock on the dotted line and, believe it or not, evil Mack wasn’t even holding a gun to his head. He had offers to attend and play football (for free) from Notre Dame, Tennessee, Mizzou, etc., but he CHOSE to go to Texas. Better yet, he made that CHOICE knowing that Jamaal Charles (widely regarded as one of the top RB prospects in the nation) had already pledged to attend UT several months before.

Aside from the two paragraphs above, I'm left speechless by the utter stupidity of the above quoted post and by the complete lack of common sense used by the mental midget responsible for authoring such a barbaric assault on logic and reason.
ok, now tell us how you really feel :p

Hdshrinker
10-14-2005, 12:01 PM

Idiot to MORON....where did I say anything in my post that you SELECTIVELY edited (which is journalistic dishonesty when you do so to take out of context a statement) ....about a draft? If you had taken the opportunity to read the WHOLE text...which those with reading and comprehension levels above the fourth grade often do you, (assuming you didn't by accident) would have read the portion of text that you so skillfully left off.... to wit:

"You can't just blame the greed of Texas, some responsibility lies on those
helping him make decisions."

If only you had been left speechless, your blantant journalistic dishonesty, wide bandwagoning, Texas blind self would still have remained a secret...but the secret is out....you are a certified moron......

Wise men speak because they have something to say....fools speak to have something to say....guess which category you are in?

jtk1519
10-14-2005, 06:20 PM
Idiot to MORON....where did I say anything in my post that you SELECTIVELY edited (which is journalistic dishonesty when you do so to take out of context a statement) ....about a draft? If you had taken the opportunity to read the WHOLE text...which those with reading and comprehension levels above the fourth grade often do you, (assuming you didn't by accident) would have read the portion of text that you so skillfully left off.... to wit:

"You can't just blame the greed of Texas, some responsibility lies on those
helping him make decisions."

If only you had been left speechless, your blantant journalistic dishonesty, wide bandwagoning, Texas blind self would still have remained a secret...but the secret is out....you are a certified moron......

Wise men speak because they have something to say....fools speak to have something to say....guess which category you are in?

You said... in your own words... that you typed will your confused little fingers, and I quote...

...and then I watch them draft kids like Jarrell Wilkerson just so no one else will get him...

Please post the time and date of the next draft and I will be sure and make it. The funny thing is that I watch kids like Tellus get on TV and pretend to pick the school they want to attend. That's so funny. Those fools must not realize that they dont get to choose where they want to go to school... they are drafted. And to think, so much air time gets wasted with all these kids pretending to chose which school they want to attend. Poor, poor, saps.

BTW, nice call with all the "journalistic dishonesty" whining you did. Of course, you are going to be disappointed to learn that I am not, and never have been a journalist so your mindless rant bares about as much weight as your silly claim that high school athletes are "drafted."

There is an old saying that says, "It is better to be thought a fool than to opens one's mouth and remove all doubt." You sir, have removed all doubt and then some.

Reaganrattler07
10-14-2005, 10:48 PM
I don't mean to interject or anything but I took some time to look up the word "draft"

: To select from a group for placement on a sports team

I don't think he meant an organized draft....just cause you draft'em doesn't mean you use the organized draft. I could "draft" someone to work for me. Cause I chose a certain person out of a group of applicants.....just my opinion.

jtk1519
10-14-2005, 11:54 PM
I don't mean to interject or anything but I took some time to look up the word "draft"

I don't think he meant an organized draft....just cause you draft'em doesn't mean you use the organized draft. I could "draft" someone to work for me. Cause I chose a certain person out of a group of applicants.....just my opinion.

That's just the point. A draft is to select from a group for placement on a sports team. The problem is that UT is not so much the one doing the selecting... the kid is. A tream cant say "we pick you" and force that kid to play for them. UT can select (or draft) the next great QB all they want, but if that QB doesnt sign his LOI to play for Texas, then Texas is left with nothing.

To turn it around, trully, it is the player who is drafting the school. The player, like Wilkerson, has numerous offers from many different schools, but it up to that player to draft the team he will play for. In the end, the player has all the control over where he will go... the school has nothing but a prayer.

Reaganrattler07
10-15-2005, 01:07 PM
That's just the point. A draft is to select from a group for placement on a sports team. The problem is that UT is not so much the one doing the selecting... the kid is. A tream cant say "we pick you" and force that kid to play for them. UT can select (or draft) the next great QB all they want, but if that QB doesnt sign his LOI to play for Texas, then Texas is left with nothing.

To turn it around, trully, it is the player who is drafting the school. The player, like Wilkerson, has numerous offers from many different schools, but it up to that player to draft the team he will play for. In the end, the player has all the control over where he will go... the school has nothing but a prayer.

So your telling me Texass made NO approachments whatsoever? Texass knew Wilkerson wouldn't play a lot so why did they accept him? Just cause a kid wants to go to a college, doesn't mean the school has to accept. They can say "it would best benefit you to go to another school"

jtk1519
10-15-2005, 02:23 PM
So your telling me Texass made NO approachments whatsoever? Texass knew Wilkerson wouldn't play a lot so why did they accept him? Just cause a kid wants to go to a college, doesn't mean the school has to accept. They can say "it would best benefit you to go to another school"

How do you know he wont play? Mack was very high on him during practices. I think the plan is to redshirt him so he can gain some weight, but from what I have heard, the coaches are excited about getting him on the field. He'll start out as a return man (and a damn good one), but he should be getting carries after Selvin leaves. He'll never be the feature back unless their is an injury, but that would have been true of anywhere he went. Wilkerson saw one of the nation's elite running teams that has a history of developing great RBs. I can see why it appealed to him.

Reaganrattler07
10-15-2005, 02:46 PM
How do you know he wont play? Mack was very high on him during practices. I think the plan is to redshirt him so he can gain some weight, but from what I have heard, the coaches are excited about getting him on the field. He'll start out as a return man (and a damn good one), but he should be getting carries after Selvin leaves. He'll never be the feature back unless their is an injury, but that would have been true of anywhere he went. Wilkerson saw one of the nation's elite running teams that has a history of developing great RBs. I can see why it appealed to him.

I agree with that, but if Mack truly cared about his future, and knew that he wouldn't get much PT....then he should've recommended that he go elsewhere. But it was his choice, but I doubt he'll get much PT....

jtk1519
10-15-2005, 04:04 PM
I agree with that, but if Mack truly cared about his future, and knew that he wouldn't get much PT....then he should've recommended that he go elsewhere. But it was his choice, but I doubt he'll get much PT....

Mack can't make such a recommendation because he doesnt know what will happen. How can he possibly tell a kid that isnt even enrolled in college, that he will not get any playing time? He cant. Mack knows that he has recruited 5 star athletes that never see the field of play while he's got little known 3 star recruits as key starters. The fact is that nobody (including Mack or any other HC) knows what a kid is going to do once they get on campus so that is why coaches recruit multiple players at every position.

Hdshrinker
10-15-2005, 09:36 PM
You said... in your own words... that you typed will your confused little fingers, and I quote...

Please post the time and date of the next draft and I will be sure and make it. The funny thing is that I watch kids like Tellus get on TV and pretend to pick the school they want to attend. That's so funny. Those fools must not realize that they dont get to choose where they want to go to school... they are drafted. And to think, so much air time gets wasted with all these kids pretending to chose which school they want to attend. Poor, poor, saps.

BTW, nice call with all the "journalistic dishonesty" whining you did. Of course, you are going to be disappointed to learn that I am not, and never have been a journalist so your mindless rant bares about as much weight as your silly claim that high school athletes are "drafted."

There is an old saying that says, "It is better to be thought a fool than to opens one's mouth and remove all doubt." You sir, have removed all doubt and then some.

Again your ignorance is showing....I am neither disappointed nor surprised that you are not a journalist it is a comment meant to educate you and the readers to what it is to selectively edit a post to make it imply that it was something else other than what it was. Nor was there a claim to any type draft in teh sense you are ranting about...but go on with it as far as it will play out......it's all you got....

Hdshrinker
10-15-2005, 09:38 PM

I didnt Red but it's all he's got to refute so he's getting all the play he can out of it.

Hdshrinker
10-15-2005, 09:42 PM
(edited for brevities and relevance sake) He'll never be the feature back unless their is an injury, but that would have been true of anywhere he went. Wilkerson saw one of the nation's elite running teams that has a history of developing great RBs. I can see why it appealed to him.

That would not have been true of anywhere he went. There were teams that were offering him just that....the feature back. However, as I said elsewhere it's not all on Texas...just like it's not all on Steinbrenner for buying up all the free agents. Someone close to him should have pointed out some things to him....either they did and he was willing to sit the bench...or they didn't and he thought he had a shot...he doesn't. Suicide squads are a long shot...but it's better than nothing I suppose.

Hdshrinker
10-15-2005, 09:45 PM
Mack can't make such a recommendation because he doesnt know what will happen. How can he possibly tell a kid that isnt even enrolled in college, that he will not get any playing time? He cant. Mack knows that he has recruited 5 star athletes that never see the field of play while he's got little known 3 star recruits as key starters. The fact is that nobody (including Mack or any other HC) knows what a kid is going to do once they get on campus so that is why coaches recruit multiple players at every position.

Mack can say...should've said..... You're not our type of back...our backs are bigger...and bruisers....hard runners.....not scat backs. We can get you some time in at return man.....but you'd never be a feature back with our style of offense......

Mack's a weasal whiner and always will be.........

wide-e-wide
10-15-2005, 09:52 PM
Mack can say...should've said..... You're not our type of back...our backs are bigger...and bruisers....hard runners.....not scat backs. We can get you some time in at return man.....but you'd never be a feature back with our style of offense......

Mack's a weasal whiner and always will be.........

Weasel,whiner...?
hahahahaha
You people kill me.

Put yourself in Wilk's shoes...why wouldn't you choose Texas?
I mean ...c'mon...It's freakin' Texas...

What did the other schools have to offer?

hmmmmmmmm....

Go to Texas and win a National Championship...

or go to aggy and get the absolute feces kicked out of you
for 4 years...

You do the math.

Hdshrinker
10-15-2005, 09:55 PM
Weasel,whiner...?
hahahahaha
You people kill me.

Put yourself in Wilk's shoes...why wouldn't you choose Texas?
I mean ...c'mon...It's freakin' Texas...

What did the other schools have to offer?

hmmmmmmmm....

Go to Texas and win a National Championship...

or go to aggy and get the absolute feces kicked out of you
for 4 years...

You do the math.

What happened to our bet wide? My son is choosing this year....and guess where He won't be going? Besides they haven't asked. But even then...he'd go where he can play, be featured.....that's what Wilk should have done...go where you can play boy.

HOOKEM
10-15-2005, 09:58 PM
Good video!

must be a bug going around cause the same thing happened to me

Hook em

wide-e-wide
10-15-2005, 10:02 PM
What happened to our bet wide? My son is choosing this year....and guess where He won't be going? Besides they haven't asked. But even then...he'd go where he can play, be featured.....that's what Wilk should have done...go where you can play boy.

Who says he won't play?

UT is stacked...you're right...
but if you are good enough...believe me...Mack will find a spot for you...i.e. Hank "the tank" Melton.
They play the best...and as of right now...Wilkerson ain't the best...
He will have his time to shine...I promise you...just not right now.
Jermichael Finley will shine too...just not right now.

hell Vince had to watch Chris Simms flop around like a monkey humpin' a football......LOOK AT HIM NOW...
Patience is a virtue.

HOOKEM
10-15-2005, 10:05 PM
I am guessing u2 do not like each other?

Hdshrinker
10-15-2005, 10:07 PM
Who says he won't play?

UT is stacked...you're right...
but if you are good enough...believe me...Mack will find a spot for you...i.e. Hank "the tank" Melton.
They play the best...and as of right now...Wilkerson ain't the best...
He will have his time to shine...I promise you...just not right now.
Jermichael Finley will shine too...just not right now.

hell Vince had to watch Chris Simms flop around like a monkey humpin' a football......LOOK AT HIM NOW...
Patience is a virtue.

Applewhite had to watch Chris sims flop around like....yeah what you said.... and that's when I became a Mack hater.....He cost us a championship then too.

wide-e-wide
10-15-2005, 10:09 PM

Bono and "the edge" have been at other's throats lately...

Oh you mean me and hdshrinker...

he's cool...we can argue and voice our opinions without hating each other.
At least I hope that we can...I'm trying...he's trying...it's all good.

Hdshrinker
10-15-2005, 10:10 PM

Naaaa.....I don't mind wide so much.....but he has remained strangely quiet on our bet...reminds me of that waffling Mack that he supports....

The only problem with wide is his support of the weasal .......... Well let me not say that...but that's my only problem with him...

wide-e-wide
10-15-2005, 10:15 PM
The bet is still on...
I am with you 100% on the bet...it's on.

I love Mack...Always have.

Hdshrinker
10-15-2005, 10:24 PM
The bet is still on...
I am with you 100% on the bet...it's on.

I love Mack...Always have.

That's one of your glaring flaws.......but only time will show you.

Now...about that bet....I asked for clarification as to what we were betting on??

We are betting they don't get to the BCS championship bowl or we are betting they will beat USC.....?

BTW, remember I made my call they won't be 2nd when the BCS comes out.

wide-e-wide
10-15-2005, 10:29 PM
Let me state first and foremost...the BCS system and formula is complete BS....you know it and I know it....

The bet was....

IF ...Texas and USC meet up....Texas wins...

if they lose I change my username to LeinartsGirl and lose all of my posts.

if UT wins...you change your name to WideWasRight....

TheProphet
10-15-2005, 10:33 PM
So now that its painfully obvious Texas will debut at #2 in the BCS and that USC is WAAAAAAAY overrated...i dont know i just wanted to clear that up

Hdshrinker
10-15-2005, 10:36 PM
[QUOTE=wide-e-wide]Let me state first and foremost...the BCS system and formula is complete BS....you know it and I know it....

The bet was....

IF ...Texas and USC meet up....Texas wins...

if they lose I change my username to LeinartsGirl and lose all of my posts.

if UT wins...you change your name to WideWasRight....[/QUOTE

Laughing like crazy here cause that wasn't your changed to name but I like it whole lot better......

wide-e-wide
10-15-2005, 10:36 PM
So now that its painfully obvious Texas will debut at #2 in the BCS and that USC is WAAAAAAAY overrated...i dont know i just wanted to clear that up

yep Prophet...that pretty much sums it up.

oh...you forgot

ou still sucks...poor aggy...and Hook 'em....
other than that..you hit the nail on the head.

chhspantherfan
03-06-2012, 09:20 PM
bring it.

If Texas loses to USC...I will erase all of my posts and change my username to Leinart'sgirl....

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy