PDA

View Full Version : Quick Poll..

CoppellCowboy57
10-13-2005, 12:17 PM
Y'all I have this friend who lives out in Californa, hes an All-American Hockey Player, who is planning on going to Harverd next year to play hockey, hes one of the Top Goalies in the Nation, and some expect him to be drafted into the NHL next year.

Last Saterday night, he went to a homecoming after party, and had drank some stuff. Now the adminatrators at his school want to expel him from school. He attends a small Christain private school out there, and he has a 100% clean crimnal Record...

Should He be expelled? is it right for A private school to expel someone for somthing they did in there free time.

lonny23
10-13-2005, 12:28 PM
Y'all I have this friend who lives out in Californa, hes an All-American Hockey Player, who is planning on going to Harverd next year to play hockey, hes one of the Top Goalies in the Nation, and some expect him to be drafted into the NHL next year.

Last Saterday night, he went to a homecoming after party, and had drank some stuff. Now the adminatrators at his school want to expel him from school. He attends a small Christain private school out there, and he has a 100% clean crimnal Record...

Should He be expelled? is it right for A private school to expel someone for somthing they did in there free time.
He must abide by the rules where he goes to school, just like you must abide by and enforce the Marine Corps rules. It's never an issue about whether or not to obey rules. You must obey and then try to get rules changed or go someplace else where you can do what you want to do.

ThEgReAtOnE
10-13-2005, 12:38 PM
The question you ask is a general question. On the level of employment, most employers would fire an employee based, solely, on media coverage and community un-rest.

In school it's a different story. This is still a kid...not an adult. There are limits to the responsibility of kids, today....sure do they lack responsibility, ya, and a 16 or 17 year old kid who decides to drink, at some high school party is un-responsible, but it's not overboard. Should he be punished, HECK YES....from his mother and father. A school should stay out of the situation.

However, this is a private school...they may have a certain (un-written) code of conduct they follow, for their students, and that may consist of off-school-premises leisure and conduct.

Personally, I say let the kid off.....let his mother and father handle the situation. AND they SHOULD handle the situation, appropriately! :D

CLFalcon2006
10-13-2005, 02:16 PM
Well the school has screwed him out of a college education from havard because they made this a public deal. Hopefully Harvard looks past this and let's him in. He should be punished by his parents and thats it, schools have no rights to be interfering with people's outside lives. They tend the hurt more students than they do help them.
At my school there's this new policy where if you are caught, even if its a picture where you are standing next to an alcoholic beverage (don't even have to be drinking or even holding, just in the vicinity), then you will be forced out of all your extracurilicular activities, barred from school associated after school activites (wheter it be prom or a volleyball game), and you lose exemptions, parking, and off-period priviliages, for the rest of your high school career. While there at it they might as well slap a nice big "do not admit" sticker to your college app. for a crime you dont even have to commit.

Schools are supposed to be a place of education and learning, more and more these days i see them turning into anti-drug and alcohol headquarters. The principals, administrators, and school boards need to realize that not every single student that attends their school is an alcoholic or drugy. Most of us are good kids who have never touched the stuff. Get back to the basics and start teaching again, then maybe we can save america before it offically goes down the toilet.

Cujo
10-13-2005, 04:31 PM
At my school there's this new policy where if you are caught, even if its a picture where you are standing next to an alcoholic beverage (don't even have to be drinking or even holding, just in the vicinity), then you will be forced out of all your extracurilicular activities, barred from school associated after school activites (wheter it be prom or a volleyball game), and you lose exemptions, parking, and off-period priviliages, for the rest of your high school career. While there at it they might as well slap a nice big "do not admit" sticker to your college app. for a crime you dont even have to commit.
Talk about a Supreme Court case waiting to happen. And think about the opportunities that makes to blackmail someone. Just put down a can of beer near someone, snap a quick picture, and ruin the life of someone you don't like.

Redneckn
10-13-2005, 06:35 PM
I had a similar situation when I was in school. When I started going to ECA, I had to sign a contract to go there.. Basically, it stated that I would represent the school while at school and while away from school.

I had a coach and his wife drive up to a pizza place on a sunday nite, I was sitting on the back of my car smoking. I was asked to quit smoking or leave the school. I left the school. I was allowed back in the next year. That year, they saw me leaving a niteclub one nite. I was not drunk, had not been drinking, was not smoking. Just walking out of a door. I was expelled for that.

wide-e-wide
10-13-2005, 06:53 PM
I had a similar situation when I was in school. When I started going to ECA, I had to sign a contract to go there.. Basically, it stated that I would represent the school while at school and while away from school.

I had a coach and his wife drive up to a pizza place on a sunday nite, I was sitting on the back of my car smoking. I was asked to quit smoking or leave the school. I left the school. I was allowed back in the next year. That year, they saw me leaving a niteclub one nite. I was not drunk, had not been drinking, was not smoking. Just walking out of a door. I was expelled for that.

You're such a rebel Redneck'n....
Smoking a square...the nerve of you.

lonny23
10-23-2005, 07:49 AM

It's a private school and you have to play by their rules. Some other private schools would do the same thing.

dragons08
10-23-2005, 02:37 PM
It's a private school and you have to play by their rules. Some other private schools would do the same thing.
i think they have the right to do it, they can say who can be in or out of thier school, they dont have to let you attend