PDA

View Full Version : Madison defense vs. Warren Defense

DiamondJ2
11-19-2007, 08:41 PM
who has the best defense and why?

Warriorman
11-19-2007, 09:02 PM
This game will go down to who breaks down at defense first. I say by far Warren has the best defense. Why? Because even though Madison's D-line is well disciplined and aggressive. Warren makes up for it with Line backers who have speed and are good tacklers. Warren has no problem stopping the run. The safety's are head hunters and hit like linebackers. They are smart and know how to adapt through different passing coverages. On top of their all district safeties, we have number #26 who as a corner back can bring down runningbacks by himself. Madison does have a good D-line, but can they run side to side all game and keep up their aggressiveness. I have seen Warrens defense tighten up in the red zone manay times.
It will be hard to score on this defense.

Mojo89
11-19-2007, 09:07 PM
I'm picking Madison to win this game simply because playoff experience is NOT overrated. They know what it takes to win in the playoffs. The teams are probably close talent wise.

The King
11-19-2007, 09:09 PM
Warren is 2-1 against teams with winning records. Madison is 3-1 against teams with winning records and 2-0 against teams with even records.

I think Madison has a slight advantage. The game is determined by the play between the tackles, no matter what type of offense is on the field.

If Warren gets this one it will be the game that makes them this season. They are playing a 265A team, and that is a competitive district.

Warriorman
11-19-2007, 10:29 PM
I'm picking Madison to win this game simply because playoff experience is NOT overrated. They know what it takes to win in the playoffs. The teams are probably close talent wise.

Playoff experience? how far did madison go last year?
Warren reached the playoffs last year went round 2 and almost won. Most of the starters stayed this year.
In this game i dont think experience matters.

Warriorman
11-19-2007, 10:30 PM
who has the best defense and why?

Why do you think Madison has the best defense J?

DiamondJ2
11-19-2007, 10:53 PM
Why do you think Madison has the best defense J?

Quality of teams played. Not to take away from Warren's earlier defensive shutdowns, but over the last 4 games what is Warren giving up in total points.

Warriorman
11-19-2007, 10:58 PM
Quality of teams played. Not to take away from Warren's earlier defensive shutdowns, but over the last 4 games what is Warren giving up in total points.

We have allowed 16 points a game over the last 4 games, Which is always good if your offense who averages 40 points a game scores more than 16.

shooter
11-19-2007, 11:10 PM
We have allowed 16 points a game over the last 4 games, Which is always good if your offense who averages 40 points a game scores more than 16.

Warren has averaged 35.8 points per game over the last 4 games not 40 if your keeping score at home....

Warriorman
11-19-2007, 11:13 PM
Warren has averaged 35.8 points per game over the last 4 games not 40 if your keeping score at home....

Well im at home and I dont recall just getting the 40 points from those games. i got the season average for Offense points per game. I averaged the defense for the last 4 games. But thanks though, you do alot of stats at home dont you.

chainsaw83
11-19-2007, 11:18 PM
Well im at home and I dont recall just getting the 40 points from those games. i got the season average for Offense points per game. I averaged the defense for the last 4 games. But thanks though, you do alot of stats at home dont you.

have y'all even played a good defense yet? Madison isn't just good. lol

I think it's also a mistake to overlook Madison's LBs.

shooter
11-19-2007, 11:23 PM

I'm sorry i thought we were talking about the last 4 games here my mistake if you were comparing the last 4 games defensive stats to the whole year offence stats. Iím must have misunderstood that's all, hopefully you can see where my confusion arose from the post talking about the last 4 games, this must have been my mistake

shooter
11-19-2007, 11:25 PM

That's a good question.... let see where did I put my abecus

Warriorman
11-19-2007, 11:28 PM

We have played defenses concentrated on stopping our run. they werent number #1 in the state but we have faced all district line backers. Let shooter give you the stats cuz right now that really dont matter, its the playoffs.

DiamondJ2
11-19-2007, 11:38 PM
My mistake, i forgot that you played Holmes; I had Clark and Holmes reversed. Eliminating Holmes, the last 4 games; Clark, Stevens, OC and Ray; what is the ppg allowed and ppg scored for Warren. i know that shooter probably has those in his back pocket.

chainsaw83
11-19-2007, 11:44 PM
We have played defenses concentrated on stopping our run. they werent number #1 in the state but we have faced all district line backers. Let shooter give you the stats cuz right now that really dont matter, its the playoffs.

Of course you've faced all-district LBs....but they were in District 28. Every team faces "All district LBs."

Don't you play defense? have you even watched game film of the Madison defense, because with each of your comments on here, you seem to get futher and further off base when it comes to the Madison defense.

shooter
11-19-2007, 11:45 PM

It was actually quite surprising to me to see how poor the teams Warren has faced have been performing on defense. I would have thought after glancing at the schedule OíConnorís defense might be the top defense Warren has faced (when looking at points against). But actually Clark has O'Connor beat by a hair. Here is a quick run down and I hope my math is correct on this

Defense Points per game for the season
South San - 35ppg
La Joya - 21.18ppg
Marshall - 21.9ppg
Del Rio - 24ppg
Taft - 20.18ppg
Jay - 27.2ppg
Clark - 18.36ppg
Holmes - 38.4ppg
Stevens - 18.9ppg
O'Connor - 18.9ppg
CCRay - 22.9ppg

What is also interesting is that the three teams with sub-20ppg averages are the three closest contests for Warren on the season with a +1 over Clark, a +9 over Stevens and a -1 against O'Connor.

Just some interesting facts.

shooter
11-19-2007, 11:46 PM
My mistake, i forgot that you played Holmes; I had Clark and Holmes reversed. Eliminating Holmes, the last 4 games; Clark, Stevens, OC and Ray; what is the ppg allowed and ppg scored for Warren. i know that shooter probably has those in his back pocket.

I looked in my back pocket and found $3.00

Warriorman
11-19-2007, 11:48 PM

i told you its 16 points a game we have allowed the last 4 games, does it matter?? all those games are wins except one which was by one point. Madison allowed 14 points to a 5-5 team but do you see that as my argument.

A San Marcos team who you know will run 9 times out of ten. A San Marcos team who should of have more points on the board if it wasnt for turnovers. yea im sure shooter has those stats in his back pocket, he stays home all day looking for those.
On the field you can not rely on stats my son, especially in the playoffs. THATS A FACT.

Warriorman
11-19-2007, 11:52 PM
It was actually quite surprising to me to see how poor the teams Warren has faced have been performing on defense. I would have thought after glancing at the schedule OíConnorís defense might be the top defense Warren has faced (when looking at points against). But actually Clark has O'Connor beat by a hair. Here is a quick run down and I hope my math is correct on this

Defense Points per game for the season
South San - 35ppg
La Joya - 21.18ppg
Marshall - 21.9ppg
Del Rio - 24ppg
Taft - 20.18ppg
Jay - 27.2ppg
Clark - 18.36ppg
Holmes - 38.4ppg
Stevens - 18.9ppg
O'Connor - 18.9ppg
CCRay - 22.9ppg

What is also interesting is that the three teams with sub-20ppg averages are the three closest contests for Warren on the season with a +1 over Clark, a +9 over Stevens and a -1 against O'Connor.

Just some interesting facts.

EWWW!
AHHHH!
Look at those stats.
So now what?

chainsaw83
11-19-2007, 11:52 PM
see, on saturday, i was down about Madison's offense, but the more i see stuff like this, the better it makes me feel about Madison's chances. Here i was, thinking Warren had a decent offense when at best, it's average. :rolleyes:

So, when is it too early to start the new "Madison v. Smithson Valley thread?" :D jk

Warriorman
11-19-2007, 11:54 PM
see, on saturday, i was down about Madison's offense, but the more i see stuff like this, the better it makes me feel about Madison's chances. Here i was, thinking Warren had a decent offense when at best, it's average. :rolleyes:

So, when is it too early to start the new "Madison v. Smithson Valley thread?" :D jk

LOL
You see You need shooter to comfort you with stats so you can feel better. Sounds very girly to me. You sure your not a cheerleader for Madison. Why dont you get shooters number I think you need it.....

chainsaw83
11-19-2007, 11:56 PM
i told you its 16 points a game we have allowed the last 4 games, does it matter?? all those games are wins except one which was by one point. Madison allowed 14 points to a 5-5 team but do you see that as my argument.

A San Marcos team who you know will run 9 times out of ten. A San Marcos team who should of have more points on the board if it wasnt for turnovers. yea im sure shooter has those stats in his back pocket, he stays home all day looking for those.
On the field you can not rely on stats my son, especially in the playoffs. THATS A FACT.

lol...y'all are ones to be talking about turnovers. how do you possibly give up 600 yds of offense AND keep a straight face when talking about how y'all have "dominant" defense?

You're right, San Marcos did run the ball a lot...and one of those TDs was on a blown assignment in our pass coverage. Should we really compare pass defenses from last week?

shooter
11-20-2007, 12:01 AM
lol...y'all are ones to be talking about turnovers. how do you possibly give up 600 yds of offense AND keep a straight face when talking about how y'all have "dominant" defense?

You're right, San Marcos did run the ball a lot...and one of those TDs was on a blown assignment in our pass coverage. Should we really compare pass defenses from last week?

Actually it was 555yards for those keeping score at home...

Warriorman
11-20-2007, 12:02 AM

600 yds it was actually 555. How come shooter dont correct you? Our defense is dominant. Im sure your pass defense would of given up touch downs easy. We allowed many yards but only 2 TDS out of those 555 yds. The rest were field goals. if you have 525 yds you should be able to score 6 tds.

My bad shooter did correct you. Wow!

chainsaw83
11-20-2007, 12:02 AM
LOL
You see You need shooter to comfort you with stats so you can feel better. Sounds very girly to me. You sure your not a cheerleader for Madison. Why dont you get shooters number I think you need it.....

why do you think they keep stats? just to throw them out during the playoffs?

but, keep it up with the personal attacks....

Here's my vote for Warrens motto for next season:

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."-- Abraham Lincoln

chainsaw83
11-20-2007, 12:04 AM
Actually it was 555yards for those keeping score at home...

"well, atleast i was some what accurate" lmao!!!!

Warriorman
11-20-2007, 12:05 AM
why do you think they keep stats? just to throw them out during the playoffs?

but, keep it up with the personal attacks....

Here's my vote for Warrens motto for next season:

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."-- Abraham Lincoln

Same goes for you buddy..
Too bad Abraham Lincoln did not play football or was not a fan of it.

shooter
11-20-2007, 12:05 AM
600 yds it was actually 555. How come shooter dont correct you? Our defense is dominant. Im sure your pass defense would of given up touch downs easy. We allowed many yards but only 2 TDS out of those 555 yds. The rest were field goals. if you have 525 yds you should be able to score 6 tds.

For some reason Warrorman you have this feeling that I am against you and i'm not sure where that came from...

chainsaw83
11-20-2007, 12:07 AM
Same goes for you buddy..
Too bad Abraham Lincoln did not play football or was not a fan of it.

i just read one of your past posts again...you don't play?

Warriorman
11-20-2007, 12:11 AM
"why do you think they keep stats? just to throw them out during the playoffs? "

"see, on saturday, i was down about Madison's offense, but the more i see stuff like this, the better it makes me feel about Madison's chances. Here i was, thinking Warren had a decent offense when at best, it's average."

Which one is it? seems to me you rely on stats. Well dont be too worried about Warrens offense we are just average. :rolleyes: in fact we wont gain a yard.

Warriorman
11-20-2007, 12:13 AM
For some reason Warrorman you have this feeling that I am against you and i'm not sure where that came from...

Well most of the time i reply to someone who puts warren down, you come in and further thier argument instead of them doing it for themselves. You are a good babysitter. But i want to tell me how much those stats really mean in this game?

chainsaw83
11-20-2007, 12:14 AM
"why do you think they keep stats? just to throw them out during the playoffs? "

"see, on saturday, i was down about Madison's offense, but the more i see stuff like this, the better it makes me feel about Madison's chances. Here i was, thinking Warren had a decent offense when at best, it's average."

Which one is it? seems to me you rely on stats. Well dont be too worried about Warrens offense we are just average. :rolleyes: in fact we wont gain a yard.

what?

chainsaw83
11-20-2007, 12:16 AM
Well most of the time i reply to someone who puts warren down, you come in and further thier argument instead of them doing it for themselves. You are a good babysitter. But i want to tell me how much those stats really mean in this game?

it really must suck to have a team where the best argument you can put together for why your team can/will win is "stats don't mean anything." :rolleyes:

Warriorman
11-20-2007, 12:16 AM
what?

nevermind we will be here all night, Good luck to your team and i hope your defense is as good as your talking. See you Friday

chainsaw83
11-20-2007, 12:18 AM
why won't you answer me? did you, do you, will you ever actually PLAY football?

Warriorman
11-20-2007, 12:22 AM
why won't you answer me? did you, do you, will you ever actually PLAY football?

I played football for 15years, and been around it for 15years. i was born in 85. So that leaves you with what 2 yrs more experience? maybe?

chainsaw83
11-20-2007, 12:23 AM
I played football for 15years, and been around it for 15years. i was born in 85. So that leaves you with what 2 yrs more experience? maybe?

Where did you play? when? what did you play?

Warriorman
11-20-2007, 12:24 AM
Where did you play? when? what did you play?

i played linebacker most of my years. why do you want to know of a sudden?

chainsaw83
11-20-2007, 12:30 AM
i played linebacker most of my years. why do you want to know of a sudden?

"most of your years"....where? when?

i want to know what makes you think you're qualified to tell us why Warren is so much more than what their stats show and how you know Green runs like a "JV RB." i was hoping you were at least a current player who had seen film of Madison so you could support your statements about how they aren't good enough to stop Warrens rushing game rather than basing your entire opinion off one half of football coming off a bye week.

STB24
11-20-2007, 12:41 AM

lol this shouldnt even be a thread.. madison held a VERY powerful SV offense to 14 points and warren beat an average clark team in a sub-par district by a WHOPPING 1 POINT(20-21)!! so im not really seeing where your defense comes off as "dominant".. i actually find it quite funny that u think u can even compare these 2 defenses..

p.s.- if u allow madison to have 555yds total offense they WILL capatilize and score more than 2 TDs.. yes they dont have DT or josh miles but they still have other weapons on offense in andrew green(converted CB), joey boyd, pitts, etc.. if im not mistakin i think i remember mario williams goin in at receiver against SM and get a TD reception (someone correct me if im wrong).

Warriorman
11-20-2007, 12:41 AM
"most of your years"....where? when?

i want to know what makes you think you're qualified to tell us why Warren is so much more than what their stats show and how you know Green runs like a "JV RB." i was hoping you were at least a current player who had seen film of Madison so you could support your statements about how they aren't good enough to stop Warrens rushing game rather than basing your entire opinion off one half of football coming off a bye week.

Oh ive seen film of Madison, and right now i think no one could stop Warrens rushing game. And based on the last four games, Madison has not played legit defenses. Green is a way different runner than Miles, Thomas, Pitts. I am qualified to distinguish good running backs from bad ones. I have been tackling them. Im tired of your bye week excuse. In my opinion Madison will have their first test on offense against Warrens D. We will see how that goes but until then. How are you qualified to say Warrens offense is no good, and Defense is no good. Atleast i point out things and argue about it. What have you said so far? Just that we suck. Our district sucks. and rely on Shooter to make feel comfortable.

STB24
11-20-2007, 12:45 AM
im pretty sure MW is at least a little tincy wincy bit better than your backs.. dont ya think??

Warriorman
11-20-2007, 12:46 AM
lol this shouldnt even be a thread.. madison held a VERY powerful SV offense to 14 points and warren beat an average clark team in a sub-par district by a WHOPPING 1 POINT(20-21)!! so im not really seeing where your defense comes off as "dominant".. i actually find it quite funny that u think u can even compare these 2 defenses..

p.s.- if u allow madison to have 555yds total offense they WILL capatilize and score more than 2 TDs.. yes they dont have DT or josh miles but they still have other weapons on offense in andrew green(converted CB), joey boyd, pitts, etc.. if im not mistakin i think i remember mario williams goin in at receiver against SM and get a TD reception (someone correct me if im wrong).

Well i know Madison is not CC Ray, and it is immature for you to bring up that clark game. That was back in the day where were you when we talked about that game.
You want to talk about stats. the stats say CC Ray has a better offense than Madison. If they dont shooter correct me?
We wont allow 555yds against madison. We know they can capitlize thats why we will stop them. You think its funny when we compare these 2 defenses. I like to see you laugh after the game..

Warriorman
11-20-2007, 12:47 AM
im pretty sure MW is at least a little tincy wincy bit better than your backs.. dont ya think??

i do think so. some say 2 heads are better than one though.

chainsaw83
11-20-2007, 12:48 AM
Oh ive seen film of Madison, and right now i think no one could stop Warrens rushing game. And based on the last four games, Madison has not played legit defenses. Green is a way different runner than Miles, Thomas, Pitts. I am qualified to distinguish good running backs from bad ones. I have been tackling them. Im tired of your bye week excuse. In my opinion Madison will have their first test on offense against Warrens D. We will see how that goes but until then. How are you qualified to say Warrens offense is no good, and Defense is no good. Atleast i point out things and argue about it. What have you said so far? Just that we suck. Our district sucks. and rely on Shooter to make feel comfortable.

ok, since you're incapable of answering multiple questions at once, i'm going to isolate this one for you....again.

When...and...where...did...you...play...linebacker ?

Warriorman
11-20-2007, 12:52 AM
ok, since you're incapable of answering multiple questions at once, i'm going to isolate this one for you....again.

When...and...where...did...you...play...linebacker ?

i played with Taft my junior and senior at line backer before warren opened up. is that going to determine the game.?
Where did you play? and when and what?

shooter
11-20-2007, 12:52 AM

I don't think I have ever put Warren down. If i did I don't think I ment it thats for sure. If you look back at my post I am usually quite even keeled and sometimes I might even be funny. I do use a lot of stats and figures in my post and maybe that's what is bothering you. To me it seems like you have this me vs everyone issue. There are some people here that really don't take sides on a lot of things but still like to put in their two cents every once in a while. Just because someone does not have a Warren logo next to their name or does not agree with everything you post dose not mean they are automatically against you and your team. Most people on this site are not schizophrenic either so looking back in their previous post by doing a quick search you can usually get a good feel for someone; most people don't change their stance midstream on an issue on a message board.

As for helping out Chainsaw with his argument, I did so because he posed a good question that got me thinking. I felt it was a challenge I could handle so I figured up some stats. Funny thing is all you had to do is ask me to figure up the Madison stats and I would have done so, and everyone would have then seen than Madison has actually faced weaker defenses over the entire season than Warren has. But you were so consumed with this shallow attack that you did not even think to ask. Every once in a while Warrorman when someone comes around and corrects you on a stat of a figure and in a way that is not belittling or aggressive, just maybe every once in a while it might be a good thing to just say "I stand corrected" it will go a long way not only here but in life as well.

Just some food for thought.

chainsaw83
11-20-2007, 12:53 AM

you act like Warren has played at least one legit defense ALL season...lol

I keep forgetting that teams who lose running backs aren't supposed to be a little off the next time they play. That was Green's first start at RB this season. I also didn't realize Madison wasn't allowed to be rusty.

At least we're not blaming 525 yards of offense allowed on our inability to stop a D1 prospect. Talk about a lame excuse. But, i guess when the first D1 prospect you see all season is during your first playoff game, those kind of things happen.

shooter
11-20-2007, 12:54 AM
Well i know Madison is not CC Ray, and it is immature for you to bring up that clark game. That was back in the day where were you when we talked about that game.
You want to talk about stats. the stats say CC Ray has a better offense than Madison. If they dont shooter correct me?
We wont allow 555yds against madison. We know they can capitlize thats why we will stop them. You think its funny when we compare these 2 defenses. I like to see you laugh after the game..

Let me work on it for a min or two...

shooter
11-20-2007, 12:55 AM

I keep forgetting that teams who lose running backs aren't supposed to be a little off the next time they play. That was Green's first start at RB this season. I also didn't realize Madison wasn't allowed to be rusty.

At least we're not blaming 525 yards of offense allowed on our inability to stop a D1 prospect. Talk about a lame excuse. But, i guess when the first D1 prospect you see all season is during your first playoff game, those kind of things happen.

It's 555yards of total offince

chainsaw83
11-20-2007, 12:57 AM
i played with Taft my junior and senior at line backer before warren opened up. is that going to determine the game.?
Where did you play? and when and what?

are you kidding? go back and read.

STB24
11-20-2007, 12:57 AM

lol im a judson rocket fan buddy!! i want madison to win and think they will but i wouldnt throw a hissy fit if they lose.

chainsaw83
11-20-2007, 12:58 AM
It's 555yards of total offince

he said 525, so i was using his numbers since he doesn't like yours.

Warriorman
11-20-2007, 12:59 AM

Well if we handled a D1 prospect and still won. then we should have no problem with Madisons offense huh. i guess allowing 14 points and almost not scoring at all against a 5-5 San Marcos team during the playoffs just happen huh. Those things just happen coming off a bye week. :rolleyes:
There is no excuse for winning. That D1 prospect was good but we are not complaining about winning. haha

Warriorman
11-20-2007, 01:01 AM
lol im a judson rocket fan buddy!! i want madison to win and think they will but i wouldnt throw a hissy fit if they lose.

Well good luck to Judson.

shooter
11-20-2007, 01:03 AM

ok only do to a lack of information on CC-Ray's total yards all I can do is look at points scored. CC Ray scored 398 points over the season (11 games) that's 36.18 a game. Madison has scored 420 over the same amount of games or 38.18 a game. If anyone has total offence numbers for Ray let me know I'll figure yards per game as well.

chainsaw83
11-20-2007, 01:03 AM
Well if we handled a D1 prospect and still won. then we should have no problem with Madisons offense huh. i guess allowing 14 points and almost not scoring at all against a 5-5 San Marcos team during the playoffs just happen huh. Those things just happen coming off a bye week. :rolleyes:
There is no excuse for winning. That D1 prospect was good but we are not complaining about winning. haha

i wouldn't complain if i were you either.

But as a fan/alum/former player of a DISTRICT CHAMP from a GOOD district, i'm allowed to be upset about our offensive performance from last week.

what is your tie to Warren? are you just a bandwagon jumper because your old school sucks now?

STB24
11-20-2007, 01:05 AM

lol WOAH yall are good!! i believe madison did a pretty fine job in handling a D1 prospect as well in jerome tiller.. ohh he accounted for what.. 0 points against madison??

HSFootballFreak
11-20-2007, 01:07 AM
Mavs defense by far. They are faster, stronger, and WILL lay the wood. One of the boosters told me that Mad's QB got an offer from some top 15 D II school in South Carolina. Green is finally getting back to his RB days and the o line is starting to realize how to pass protect, and I think they might get there starting TE back this week. With both fullbacks and the (S/ WR) Mario Wiggins, this offense will put some points on the scoreboard.

chainsaw83
11-20-2007, 01:13 AM
Mavs defense by far. They are faster, stronger, and WILL lay the wood. One of the boosters told me that Mad's QB got an offer from some top 15 D II school in South Carolina. Green is finally getting back to his RB days and the o line is starting to realize how to pass protect, and I think they might get there starting TE back this week. With both fullbacks and the (S/ WR) Mario Wiggins, this offense will put some points on the scoreboard.

it's only going to take 3 TDs. no team has scored more than that on Madison. If the O'Connor offense can put that up on y'all, so can we...even without DT.

Again, no offense has scored more than 15 pts against Madison. Warren doesn't have the offensive talent or team cohesion to put 3 TDs on the board offensively. (hypothetical turnover not withstanding)

shooter
11-20-2007, 01:14 AM
lol WOAH yall are good!! i believe madison did a pretty fine job in handling a D1 prospect as well in jerome tiller.. ohh he accounted for what.. 0 points against madison??

Tiller is talented but on a really bad team. But Madison has seen it's fair share of talent including arguably the best QB in San Antonio this year in Reno (O'Connor), they also faced the single season city rushing record holder and D1 talent Marcus Wright, They faced 3 D1 linemen from Smithson Valley and a DII running back (that's a rumor don't quote me), they got beat by a team with maybe the most accurate kicker in the city this year in Judson, and while Mabry (Churchill QB) is not D1 he will play somewhere next year.

STB24
11-20-2007, 01:17 AM
Tiller is talented but on a really bad team. But Madison has seen it's fair share of talent including arguably the best QB in San Antonio this year in Reno (O'Connor), they also faced the single season city rushing record holder and D1 talent Marcus Wright, They faced 3 D1 linemen from Smithson Valley and a DII running back (that's a rumor don't quote me), they got beat by a team with maybe the most accurate kicker in the city this year in Judson, and while Mabry (Churchill QB) is not D1 he will play somewhere next year.

you are correct.. but boy can that kid play!
i was just trying to prove a point. warriorman had brought up the fact that they "handled" a D1 prospect when madison has as well.

shooter
11-20-2007, 01:19 AM
i was just trying to prove a point. warriorman had brought up the fact that they "handled" a D1 prospect when madison has as well.

I know what you were doing. Rays qb has weapons around him Tiller plays with the drama club surrounding him. It makes a difference.

chainsaw83
11-20-2007, 01:22 AM

our "handling" didn't give up 555 yds passing. so, was CC Ray's performance ALL the QB or were there other players/factors? Because Tiller got nothing against Madison.

I think it's great when ppl attribute a teams success to only one player. Good thing no one can say this about Madison, huh? :rolleyes:

chainsaw83
11-20-2007, 01:23 AM
I know what you were doing. Rays qb has weapons around him Tiller plays with the drama club surrounding him. It makes a difference.

THEY SHOULDN'T COUNT NESA!!!! SEND THEIR A:Censor: TO 4A!!!!!!!

shooter
11-20-2007, 01:29 AM
THEY SHOULDN'T COUNT NESA!!!! SEND THEIR A:Censor: TO 4A!!!!!!!

Me personally I think NEISD needs to redraw some lines. Lee is a 4A campus especially in sports. Every other NEISD campus has a baseball field and softball field but not Lee. They could easily send some kids to Churchill and make Lee 4A dropping them into the SAISD district or even in the Alamo heights, Boerne, Fred, Tivy district where they would still get killed in football.

STB24
11-20-2007, 01:32 AM
Me personally I think NEISD needs to redraw some lines. Lee is a 4A campus especially in sports. Every other NEISD campus has a baseball field and softball field but not Lee. They could easily send some kids to Churchill and make Lee 4A dropping them into the SAISD district or even in the Alamo heights, Boerne, Fred, Tivy district where they would still get killed in football.

i agree.

MADFAN#1
11-20-2007, 08:08 AM

You say there is no excuse for winning, well last time I looked Madison won also. Your right a win is a win no matter what at this point of the year. I guarantee u that if Warren had faced SMs misdirection offense u would be turning in ur pads this week. Their offense is the hardest to prepare for defensively because no one else in the area runs it. They struggle in their own district because of familiarity. Look at their run last year, overtime lose in Region finals. So whatever u think, they r a 5 -5 team that once they make the playoffs become a 8 -2 team. Just ask 255A teams. Good luck to your team Friday, should be a great game. :D

TheRowdyRanger
11-20-2007, 09:12 AM
Madison may have the preferred defense of choice right now, but this should be one heck of a match up. Warren has been hot all season except for their week 10 loss to O' connor and Madison similarly facing its only setback mid season against Judson. Both teams have re-grouped and are ready to make good playoff runs. Unfortunately one of them will have to go home after this game. I think Madison is the sure favorite but Warren has got the tools to turn the tides. This will be the definitive chance for Warren to take a stand and prove themselves as true state contenders, while it will also be a chance for Madison to once again prove that they are still a threat without DT. Strangely enough, I think this game is one of those situations where I wouldn't be surprised if either team won by a lot or a little. There are just too many extranious factors on both sides of the ball. All in all should be a great game...can't wait. Good luck to both teams!

Warriorman
11-20-2007, 10:40 AM
it's only going to take 3 TDs. no team has scored more than that on Madison. If the O'Connor offense can put that up on y'all, so can we...even without DT.

Again, no offense has scored more than 15 pts against Madison. Warren doesn't have the offensive talent or team cohesion to put 3 TDs on the board offensively. (hypothetical turnover not withstanding)

Yea thats why we average over thirty points a game, right. Ok I think it will take 3 TDS to win and 6 Tds to keep you quiet.

Warriorman
11-20-2007, 10:42 AM
Madison may have the preferred defense of choice right now, but this should be one heck of a match up. Warren has been hot all season except for their week 10 loss to O' connor and Madison similarly facing its only setback mid season against Judson. Both teams have re-grouped and are ready to make good playoff runs. Unfortunately one of them will have to go home after this game. I think Madison is the sure favorite but Warren has got the tools to turn the tides. This will be the definitive chance for Warren to take a stand and prove themselves as true state contenders, while it will also be a chance for Madison to once again prove that they are still a threat without DT. Strangely enough, I think this game is one of those situations where I wouldn't be surprised if either team won by a lot or a little. There are just too many extranious factors on both sides of the ball. All in all should be a great game...can't wait. Good luck to both teams!

You see this is realistic, he recognizes talent where he sees it and makes an intelligent comment unlike some people in here.

MADFAN#1
11-20-2007, 10:52 AM
You see this is realistic, he recognizes talent where he sees it and makes an intelligent comment unlike some people in here.

Including yourself.

Warriorman
11-20-2007, 10:59 AM
Including yourself.

Oh look another hater popped up, im going to ignore your comment and tell you Good luck for your team.
I guess you have not read some of my postings. But who cares about your opinion, you dont say anything smart either, just egotistic. Take your ignorance to the game and see who wins.
good luck, hater

saspurstx21
11-20-2007, 01:00 PM
I dont think Madison will allow more than 2 touchdowns, maybe 3 against Warren. 34-17 Madison is my prediction

chainsaw83
11-20-2007, 01:00 PM
Oh look another hater popped up, im going to ignore your comment and tell you Good luck for your team.
I guess you have not read some of my postings. But who cares about your opinion, you dont say anything smart either, just egotistic. Take your ignorance to the game and see who wins.
good luck, hater

another brilliant remark from the bandwagon. :rolleyes:

DiamondJ2
11-21-2007, 06:33 PM
Low scoring game. 24 points will win this game. And the winner will be. . .

t-long20
11-21-2007, 06:50 PM

finally, an unbiased post

t-long20
11-21-2007, 06:54 PM

thats why we play the game son

t-long20
11-21-2007, 06:56 PM

Dont you love how all those past games have absolutely nothing to do with this game?

t-long20
11-21-2007, 06:57 PM
another brilliant remark from the bandwagon. :rolleyes:

Another brilliant remark from the cheerleader

t-long20
11-21-2007, 06:59 PM
You say there is no excuse for winning, well last time I looked Madison won also. Your right a win is a win no matter what at this point of the year. I guarantee u that if Warren had faced SMs misdirection offense u would be turning in ur pads this week. Their offense is the hardest to prepare for defensively because no one else in the area runs it. They struggle in their own district because of familiarity. Look at their run last year, overtime lose in Region finals. So whatever u think, they r a 5 -5 team that once they make the playoffs become a 8 -2 team. Just ask 255A teams. Good luck to your team Friday, should be a great game. :D

So what does your previous opponent have to do with us? Another irrelevant post:(

t-long20
11-21-2007, 07:04 PM
Should we really compare pass defenses from last week?

Nope. Because yall faced a running team while we faced a passing team. And even if we did compare, what do those stats have to do with this game?

My coach was telling us how in the past three games no one has kicked the ball deep to yall on kickoff. Well i can tell you right now we will

Gridiron Gopher
11-21-2007, 07:19 PM
This should be the best game of the week for 265a. Warren will show up and play Madison to the very end. My view over the last 5 years of watching these districts (285a and 265a)play each other is that for some reason the teams in 285a just don't have the speed to keep up with the 265a schools.
You can watch as much tape as you want and think that you can do this and that against a team but when the game starts it doesn't work. Speed kills and 265a has always had it and this year is no different. The teams that are in (Madison, Reagan, Judson and SV) all have it.
I like Warren's team but in the end Madison will win this game. 27-17.

atwelljroc
11-21-2007, 07:32 PM
This should be the best game of the week for 265a. Warren will show up and play Madison to the very end. My view over the last 5 years of watching these districts (285a and 265a)play each other is that for some reason the teams in 285a just don't have the speed to keep up with the 265a schools.
You can watch as much tape as you want and think that you can do this and that against a team but when the game starts it doesn't work. Speed kills and 265a has always had it and this year is no different. The teams that are in (Madison, Reagan, Judson and SV) all have it.

Strength of schedule that is listed on this website means a lot...Warren's rank is 102 and Madison's is 25...that in itself says that Madison's schedule is much tougher than Warren's...both defense's have great players and when DT went down...many counted Madison out of the race...believe that their defense has and is the MVP of their team...neither defense has allowed many points this year...Warren allowed 22 in their loss and Madison allowed 20 in their loss...so the first offense to 20...I think will win the game...my guess is...Madison 24...Warren 14...good luck to both...more for Madison, but for both teams...please play with no injuries to your kids...

t-long20
11-21-2007, 08:00 PM
Strength of schedule that is listed on this website means a lot...Warren's rank is 102 and Madison's is 25...that in itself says that Madison's schedule is much tougher than Warren's

Like i said a billion times, what does strength of schedule have to do with this game? Madison defeated there toughest opponents WITH DT.

t-long20
11-21-2007, 08:03 PM

You always have a good unbiased opinion, im curious to why you think madison will be able to put up 27 with a 4th string rb. No one has ever put up 27 on us

chainsaw83
11-21-2007, 08:15 PM
My coach was telling us how in the past three games no one has kicked the ball deep to yall on kickoff. Well i can tell you right now we will

lol...guess Madison's offense won't have to show up after all...there's a reason no one kicks deep to Madison. Your boy better put it thru the endzone. Otherwise, the Mavs may turn special teams into a track meet.

Why would anyone want to kickoff to Madison? Why do Warren's coaches want to kick off to Madison? The Mav's kickoff return has been the same for the past decade and every season, some team thinks they can prevent a long return and every season Madison makes some team look ridiculous on special teams.

This is the first season i've seen a good game plan against Madison's kickoff return. Don't rock the boat Warren.

t-long20
11-21-2007, 08:19 PM
lol...guess Madison's offense won't have to show up after all...there's a reason no one kicks deep to Madison. Your boy better put it thru the endzone. Otherwise, the Mavs may turn special teams into a track meet.

Why would anyone want to kickoff to Madison? Why do Warren's coaches want to kick off to Madison? The Mav's kickoff return has been the same for the past decade and every season, some team thinks they can prevent a long return and every season Madison makes some team look ridiculous on special teams.

This is the first season i've seen a good game plan against Madison's kickoff return. Don't rock the boat Warren.

C'mon chainsaw lol we've kicked off to every team we've played. Why stop now? Your gonna have to prove that your kickoff return team can get some decent yardage first before you force us to pooch it. But i noticed how most 26-5a teams if not all do the reverse kickoff just like we do

And i didn't say no one kicks deep to madison. i said the last THREE teams didn't kick deep to madison. Oh and our kicker is quite accustomed to kicking touchbacks and field goals

shooter
11-21-2007, 08:22 PM
This year Madison kick off return has not scored a single touchdown, this is the first time in 7 years that Madison kick return has not put points on the board. Several things attribute to this.

1. Not many teams will kick deep to Madison anymore.
2. Madison is not geting very many chances as the defense is not allowing scores the kick return is not getting many chances.
3. the two speedsters that graced the back line at the start of the year are on crutches

atwelljroc
11-21-2007, 08:25 PM
Like i said a billion times, what does strength of schedule have to do with this game? Madison defeated there toughest opponents WITH DT.

I totally respect your opinion...Madison's Defense will be there, full strength...and yes they lost DT after winning their tough games, but Brian Dausin knows how tough they are and I believe his son Ross will find out...should be a great game...could be the best of the weekend

t-long20
11-21-2007, 08:25 PM
This year Madison kick off return has not scored a single touchdown, this is the first time in 7 years that Madison kick return has not put points on the board. Several things attribute to this.

1. Not many teams will kick deep to Madison anymore.
2. Madison is not geting very many chances as the defense is not allowing scores the kick return is not getting many chances.
3. the two speedsters that graced the back line at the start of the year are on crutches

Good input, even more reason to why we will kick deep

chainsaw83
11-21-2007, 08:27 PM
C'mon chainsaw lol we've kicked off to every team we've played. Why stop now? Your gonna have to prove that your kickoff return team can get some decent yardage first before you force us to pooch it. But i noticed how most 26-5a teams if not all do the reverse kickoff just like we do

ok. kickoff.

every team in 265 does not run the same reverse Madison does. but hey, if y'all think you can stop it, by all means, kick deep. Madison HAS been stopped before.

but, it's not like y'all will be kicking off too much anyway, so i doubt your coaches will be making too many adjustments.

t-long20
11-21-2007, 08:27 PM
I totally respect your opinion...Madison's Defense will be there, full strength...and yes they lost DT after winning their tough games, but Brian Dausin knows how tough they are and I believe his son Ross will find out...should be a great game...could be the best of the weekend

I can't speak for the offense, i know they will do there job. And I believe madison will find out there not the only team in the city with a good defense

t-long20
11-21-2007, 08:30 PM
ok. kickoff.

every team in 265 does not run the same reverse Madison does. but hey, if y'all think you can stop it, by all means, kick deep. Madison HAS been stopped before.

but, it's not like y'all will be kicking off too much anyway, so i doubt your coaches will be making too many adjustments.

We will kick deep to anyone untill they give us a good reason not to. Your right we won't need to make alot of adjustments. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Its a good thing your not a psychic

Fleeman93
11-21-2007, 08:33 PM
Not sure if anyone has asked this or not yet, but are these two defenses playing each other?

Warriorman
11-21-2007, 08:46 PM
They should play each other, So people can see who the best defense is

Warriorman
11-21-2007, 08:49 PM

You have a good point Golpher bringing in the speed history of 28-5a and 26-5a and I agree with your speed theory, but this Warren defense is different, the whole team is based on speed and on friday we will show you how fast we really are if you can catch up...Heres a fact to throw for those people at home,
Warrens secondary an average of 4.4 flat on 40 dash.

shooter
11-21-2007, 08:56 PM
You have a good point Golpher bringing in the speed history of 28-5a and 26-5a and I agree with your speed theory, but this Warren defense is different, the whole team is based on speed and on friday we will show you how fast we really are if you can catch up...Heres a fact to throw for those people at home,

oh god please dont start with the 40 times.....

Warriorman
11-21-2007, 09:00 PM
oh god please dont start with the 40 times.....

shooter they said we dont have speed man, what do you think we run 5.0 flats...just cuz we are in 28-5a

shooter
11-21-2007, 09:12 PM
shooter they said we dont have speed man, what do you think we run 5.0 flats...just cuz we are in 28-5a

No I have no idea what they run but the 40 discussion has come up so many times on this board over the last 5-6 years. It's such a way overrated stat and should only be used for one purpose and that for college scouts to separate the men from the boys. It has nothing to do with angels, pursuit, and "want to"

Warriorman
11-21-2007, 09:33 PM
No I have no idea what they run but the 40 discussion has come up so many times on this board over the last 5-6 years. It's such a way overrated stat and should only be used for one purpose and that for college scouts to separate the men from the boys. It has nothing to do with angels, pursuit, and "want to"

i have no part in those discussions in fact i dont have as much experience on this messege board as you do, I just wanted to mention it, not go into it...I know it dont matter, its what you do after you pursue to the ball that matters...

chainsaw83
11-21-2007, 09:35 PM

The Madison Co-D Coordintator, B. Pederson told me this is the most athletic defense Madison has ever had. He went on to say his front 6 ran an avg. 40 speed of 4.6. I'd still like to their records of that, but I'll take his word. That time from 4 D-linemen and 2 MLBs is crazy!!

I'm sure we're gonna hear how much faster Warren's defense is, but just the fact that ANY defense's front 6 can run an avg. THAT fast is insane.

Warriorman
11-21-2007, 09:36 PM
Is this poll one sided because we only have two warren fans, i wonder who the third one was...Im glad it is one sided...the suspense is building up...but its funny i dont think anybody explained anything about why madisons defense is better....i know their was a cupple of mentioned line backers but they were just mentioned..

t-long20
11-21-2007, 09:37 PM
The Madison Co-D Coordintator, B. Pederson told me this is the most athletic defense Madison has ever had. He went on to say his front 6 ran an avg. 40 speed of 4.6. I'd still like to their records of that, but I'll take his word. That time from 4 D-linemen and 2 MLBs is crazy!!

I'm sure we're gonna hear how much faster Warren's defense is, but just the fact that ANY defense's front 6 can run an avg. THAT fast is insane.

Both teams have speed whats your point? How many moral victories are you aiming for?

chainsaw83
11-21-2007, 09:38 PM
Is this poll one sided because we only have two warren fans, i wonder who the third one was...Im glad it is one sided...the suspense is building up...but its funny i dont think anybody explained anything about why madisons defense is better....i know their was a cupple of mentioned line backers but they were just mentioned..

that's the point. we don't have to rely on 4 or 5 guys. Madison's defense as a whole is great.

chainsaw83
11-21-2007, 09:39 PM
Both teams have speed whats your point? How many moral victories are you aiming for?

lol. already thinking about moral victories T?

Warriorman
11-21-2007, 09:39 PM
that's the point. we don't have to rely on 4 or 5 guys. Madison's defense as a whole is great.

Haha who said anything about 4 or 5 guys our whole defense is great too, after friday you will see who the better defense is...

chainsaw83
11-21-2007, 09:41 PM
Haha who said anything about 4 or 5 guys our whole defense is great too, after friday you will see who the better defense is...

LMAO....ok. :D:D:D:D:D

t-long20
11-21-2007, 09:41 PM
lol. already thinking about moral victories Raiderman?

Raiderman?:confused: I better back off chainsaw83 really wants to win the "I talk more trash on a message board than anyone else" award

Warriorman
11-21-2007, 09:45 PM
LMAO....ok.

haha whatever...your opinion dont mean crap anyways, you do deserve "the i talk alot of trash and cant back it up award" :notworthy

chainsaw83
11-21-2007, 09:46 PM

and it was your boy who was talking about 4 or 5 players.

Thats ok here are the leading tacklers for warren, they dont include the last game we played either

46-Chris Vargas LB -107
20-Thomas Long LB- 97
4-Joseph Bonugli SS-79
32-Jeremy Hinojosa FS-67
2-Tyler Smith DB-62

atwelljroc
11-21-2007, 09:46 PM
guess this weekend will truly decide which defense is playing their best as it will be a defensive struggle...either team that loses, it may not prove who is the best defense...turn-overs can change this game and back defenses deep in their territory...either way...like I have said before, "this is why we play this games"...

chainsaw83
11-21-2007, 09:47 PM
haha whatever...your opinion dont mean crap anyways, you do deserve "the i talk alot of trash and cant back it up award" :notworthy

says the guy who's "team" couldn't beat O'Connor and win the District Championship in a VERY WEAK district.

t-long20
11-21-2007, 09:47 PM

um yeah i posted 5 players because shooter posted 5 players. I can post the whole teams stats if you'll like me to.;)

Warriorman
11-21-2007, 09:48 PM

Those are the leading tacklers --DUH , some one was asking who the leading tacklers were, those are the ones who get to the ball first, the rest do the dirty work...

t-long20
11-21-2007, 09:48 PM
says the guy who's "team" couldn't beat O'Connor and win the District Championship in a VERY WEAK district.

Another irrelevant post about our district. Moral victory denied. Dont you think that if district strenght played any role in playoff success that teams from 26-5a, 8-5a, or even 9-5a would be winning state every year?

Warriorman
11-21-2007, 09:49 PM
guess this weekend will truly decide which defense is playing their best as it will be a defensive struggle...either team that loses, it may not prove who is the best defense...turn-overs can change this game and back defenses deep in their territory...either way...like I have said before, "this is why we play this games"...

HAHA what causes turnovers my friend??? its either FEAR of the defense hitting you or coverage sacks or the defense itself....COME ON....

Warriorman
11-21-2007, 09:53 PM

Says the guy who dont know how to analyze and compare a weak district and the O'connor team itself...
says the guy who doesnt make sense when he post something.....

chainsaw83
11-21-2007, 09:55 PM
um yeah i posted 5 players because shooter posted 5 players. I can post the whole teams stats if you'll like me to.;)

y'all asked who the leading tacklers on our team was...that's the only reason why he posted them. "leading tacklers" with a bunch of tackles only means those guys have to pick up the slack for his teammates.

t-long20
11-21-2007, 09:59 PM
y'all asked who the leading tacklers on our team was...that's the only reason why he posted them. "leading tacklers" with a bunch of tackles only means those guys have to pick up the slack for his teammates.

It makes no difference to me, if the LB's have all the tackles that means the D-line is doing there job and the DB's can focus on coverage. We also have a couple people on our team known as "Playmakers" which is also the reason for such good stats

chainsaw83
11-21-2007, 09:59 PM
Says the guy who dont know how to analyze and compare a weak district and the O'connor team itself...
says the guy who doesnt make sense when he post something.....

you mean the O'Connor team that Madison's defense held to 15 pts with an inferior defense to Warrens? The same O'Connor team that lost to Madison 55-15.
the same O'Connor team that beat Warren 22-21?

t-long20
11-21-2007, 10:02 PM
you mean the O'Connor team that Madison's defense held to 15 pts with an inferior defense to Warrens? The same O'Connor team that lost to Madison 55-15.
the same O'Connor team that beat Warren 22-21?

The same O'connor team who played a Madison team WITH DT and Miles?
The same o'connor who improved from game one? The same o'connor team who tried so hard to keep the ball from our offense? Yup that one

chainsaw83
11-21-2007, 10:11 PM
The same O'connor team who played a Madison team WITH DT and Miles?
The same o'connor who improved from game one? The same o'connor team who tried so hard to keep the ball from our offense? Yup that one

gotta love the Warren fall back arguement. geez, you're just digging yourself a deeper grave to lie in. You're making this case that Madison isn't any good because DT and Miles aren't playing, but what's it going to say about Warren when Madison beats you inspite of all these injuries?...that's gonna be really embarassing. :cry

chainsaw83
11-21-2007, 10:16 PM
goodnite y'all.

DiamondJ2
11-21-2007, 11:00 PM

Should be state champs next spring in the sprint relay.

madmav2012
11-22-2007, 09:05 AM
Bump - this is too entertaining to be on page 2.

samavsfan23
11-22-2007, 10:51 AM
It is entertaining. Thanks you have filled my void when dancing with the stars is not on. I live for it. ha ha. jk.

On a more serious note, this game is going to be a slobberknocker. Tough defenses, underrated offenses. You know I am a homer, but I have to say in Warrens defense, it is easy to look ahead in district to your stronger opponents, and then BAM you get hit in the mouth. The Warriors pulled through though. In Madisons defense, I have personally seen their defense, and it is a very efficient defense. I give them a lot of credit for their perseverence despite having their main playmakers go down. Oh, and I can guarantee that 22 will have a good day. Yeah the guy who runs like a JV runner.

Everyone is comparing to the last 3 or 4 games, but those games are indicative of the potential of the teams, but who knows come 4th and goal with the game on the line. Each game is different. Thats why we play them.

So, in closing I wish both teams good luck and an injury free game. Oh, and KILL KILL KILL, BLOOD MAKES THE GRASS GROW. GO MAVS!:D

seven11
11-22-2007, 11:33 AM
You always have a good unbiased opinion, im curious to why you think madison will be able to put up 27 with a 4th string rb. No one has ever put up 27 on us

REASON 1 OUR 4TH STRING RB WOULD BE THE STARTING RB AT MOST SCHOOLS IN THE CITY AND HE IS ONLY A JUNIOR AND...
REASON 2 YALL HAVENT PLAYED ANYONE

Warriorman
11-22-2007, 11:37 AM
REASON 1 OUR 4TH STRING RB WOULD BE THE STARTING RB AT MOST SCHOOLS IN THE CITY AND HE IS ONLY A JUNIOR AND...
REASON 2 YALL HAVENT PLAYED ANYONE

Again with the weak district theory, please come up with something new...
Yea he would start at cornerstone, or south san...

seven11
11-22-2007, 11:37 AM
Hey Im Done Posting Stuff Its Thanksgiving And We Should All Be Thankful Today... And To Warren Fans Be Thankful Yall At Least Made It To Round Two... Theres Always Next Year. See Yall On The Field Tom At 3

Warriorman
11-22-2007, 11:41 AM
Hey Im Done Posting Stuff Its Thanksgiving And We Should All Be Thankful Today... And To Warren Fans Be Thankful Yall At Least Made It To Round Two... Theres Always Next Year. See Yall On The Field Tom At 3

Yea happy thanks giving dont eat too much turkey,....

We are thankful to play Madison...Be thankful Madison finally faces a good defense to test themselves...

Katy Band 2010
11-22-2007, 11:51 AM
Why dont yall just get over it...
I'm probably half of yalls age. Who cares who has a better defense?
The only thing that matters is who is on top when the game is over with.
Yes Warren did loose 22-21 to O'conner and Madison beat them 55-15.
That could be something to look at, buttt... most teams do improve over the course of the year. who has Warren played? Madison has faced some very good oponents. t-long, why are you trying to say that their gameplan was to keep the ball away from you? They probably were and that doesn't make much of a diifference because that was probably the gameplan. The fact is that O'conner beat yall because they exacuted theur gameplan. I dont understand why yall have to be so immature about this.

Grow up please:)

Gridiron Gopher
11-22-2007, 12:41 PM

It has to do with the offensive line of Madison and their speed. They might be on the 4th RB but he is an outstanding athlete that was not needed at RB at the beginning of the season. They were using him at D where it made the team better. He was probably the 2nd best RB with tons of speed. Also, I believe Madison has a good chance to hurt Warren with the pass.
I think this is going to be a very good game and if Warren can cause a few turnovers then they could upset Madison.
Overall it still comes down to the speed of Madison that I believe is going to be the difference in this game.

DiamondJ2
11-22-2007, 10:04 PM
[QUOTE=Gridiron Gopher;661140I think this is going to be a very good game and if Warren can cause a few turnovers then they could upset Madison.
QUOTE]

You mean Warren isn't the favored team? I was lead to believe with all of the walking wounded of Madison, and the #1 defense in Texas of Warren, that Warren would be the hands down favorite.

chainsaw83
11-22-2007, 10:16 PM
You mean Warren isn't the favored team? I was lead to believe with all of the walking wounded of Madison, and the #1 defense in Texas of Warren, that Warren would be the hands down favorite.

they are!! Madison is only the district champ from 265A which is "a laughing stock" district, so the #2 team from 285A should blow right by Madison. All of Madison's talent is wounded and should be a walk-over. If i were you diamond, i wouldn't show up early for the Judson game. You'll just be disappointed in Madison.

I've seen the light!! The Warrenites have presented such a great arguement that i've come to realize that Warren is the next state champ and we're just another bump in the road. :cry :cry :cry

shooter
11-23-2007, 08:25 AM
all right enough talk it's GAME DAY!

SV61
11-23-2007, 09:11 AM
all right enough talk it's GAME DAY!

Yea.

Ahh, Shooter, the voice of reason.

:confused:

:D

PantherFan70
11-23-2007, 09:15 AM
See below

PantherFan70
11-23-2007, 05:51 PM
Total yards allowed:

Madison Allowed 139 yds total to the Warren Offense

Warren allowed 399yds (299 came in the first half) of total Offense to Madison but Mad had 2 INTs and 1 fumble. Thus the final:

Madison - 17
Warren - 13

(This came from the TSRN Post game show)

shooter
11-23-2007, 05:54 PM
Total yards allowed:

Madison Allowed 139 yds total to the Warren Offense

Warren allowed 399yds (299 came in the first half) of total Offense to Madison but Mad had 2 INTs and 1 fumble. Thus the final:

Madison - 17
Warren - 13

(This came from the TSRN Post game show)

Wow standing on the sideline watching the game i would say Madison had about 100 yards of offince that near 400 number is a supprise

PantherFan70
11-23-2007, 05:54 PM
Thats what I thought, but TSRN even repeated it. If it is different in the Newspaper I will change it in the morning.

PantherFan70
11-23-2007, 09:55 PM
Stats for the game from Express News:

http://www.sagametime.com/web/district.html?site=default&Sport=undefined&tpl=Boxscore&ID=6536

MADFAN#1
11-23-2007, 11:30 PM
I guess we know who has the better defense. They were put in a hole several times in the 2nd half and only gave up a field goal. Warren's defense also had an excellent game.#99 plugged up the middle and #90 was in the backfield all afternoon.:D

DiamondJ2
11-24-2007, 12:14 AM
Was the TD catch by Madison a blown call by the refs? Was it offensive PI? Did the Warren receiver ever have control of the "hook and Ladder" play which was ruled incomplete instead of a TD? Did the Madison players act inaproppiate after the final INT by in sportsmanship to the Warren side of the field?

shooter
11-24-2007, 12:19 AM
Was the TD catch by Madison a blown call by the refs?
no looked like they were both fieghting for possition from where I was 10 yards away.
Was it offensive PI?
Yes but defensive as well so good no call
Did the Warren receiver ever have control of the "hook and Ladder" play which was ruled incomplete instead of a TD?
No he did not control the ball
Did the Madison players act inaproppiate after the final INT by in sportsmanship to the Warren side of the field?
Yes they did and were pentalized for it 15 yards

Bottomline
11-24-2007, 11:12 AM
Looks like Warriorman may be on a milk carton this morning, anyone heard from him ? :cry Looks like the " better " team only had 73 yds rushing ... Lawson their " stud " and healthy RB 38 yds !!!!!! The " better " team was held to 3 points the second half ..... Looks like the " No.1" Def. has in the last two games, given up just under 900 yds. against the pass ! :notworthy The " better " team couldn't beat a Madison team who lined up with their 5th RB and featured numerous players at key positions having to go both ways due to injuries :eek: .O'Connor is a class act and rightly deserved to win that District championship. Scheduel the right teams to get your team ready for the playoffs. Warren, on the other hand, lost it's two most recent games against ranked 5A TEAMS. Good Luck to O'Connor today ....