PDA

View Full Version : **DeSoto vs Hebron**

bandofbrothers
11-17-2007, 08:36 PM
Alright haven't seen anything on this one. Who wins it?

eaglesflyhigher
11-17-2007, 08:51 PM
DeSoto's powerful ground attack vs. Hebron's aerial assault. Should be a tight game. Local weather is a 60% chance for a high-scoring shootout, with the possibility of some overtime.

bandofbrothers
11-18-2007, 06:51 AM
Does anybody know where this game is going to be?

CedarHillDad
11-18-2007, 07:12 AM
If Desoto makes a couple of passes they win this one.

HebronDad
11-18-2007, 08:40 AM
Does anybody know where this game is going to be?

The game will be played 2:00 pm Saturday, Nov. 24th at Birdville Fine Arts Complex - 9200 Mid Cities Blvd North Richland Hills, TX 76180 (817)547-5900

Presale tickets: $4.00 and $6.00 / $8.00 at the gate
Presale tickets are sold at Hebron's front office (10:00 am. to 2:00 pm.) Mon. through Wed. Additional sales are at the athletic offices of Lewisville HS (10:00 am. to 4:00 pm.) Mon. through Wed. Parking will be $2.00

From our website: www.hawksfootball.org

BigRing5311
11-18-2007, 08:45 AM
This should be a war...I'm going with the Hawks. One of the best DC's in the state, he'll have the Hawks rolling.

StormingCowboy
11-18-2007, 08:47 AM
Alright haven't seen anything on this one. Who wins it?

It depends on which Desoto team shows up. If the Desoto team that showed up this past weekend does, Hebron. But if the Desoto team shows up that beat Bowie and Cedar Hill shows up: Watch out Hawks!!!

HebronHawk
11-18-2007, 10:16 AM
The Hawks won't take DeSoto lightly. Almost every professional prognosticator in the State has the Hawks losing to DeSoto in this round.

T's UP 93
11-18-2007, 10:35 AM
The game will be played 2:00 pm Saturday, Nov. 24th at Birdville Fine Arts Complex - 9200 Mid Cities Blvd North Richland Hills, TX 76180 (817)547-5900

Presale tickets: $4.00 and $6.00 / $8.00 at the gate
Presale tickets are sold at Hebron's front office (10:00 am. to 2:00 pm.) Mon. through Wed. Additional sales are at the athletic offices of Lewisville HS (10:00 am. to 4:00 pm.) Mon. through Wed. Parking will be $2.00

From our website: www.hawksfootball.org

We got stiffed!!ET faithful! We paid $8 in advance and $5 for students. Get there a little early there are bookoo places to park without paying.

TrojanFan4Life
11-18-2007, 10:39 AM
We got stiffed!!ET faithful! We paid $8 in advance and $5 for students. Get there a little early there are bookoo places to park without paying.

No doubt how did that happen????

Good luck to Hebron Hawks - This ET fan is pulling for you as we have some friends who are Hawk fans. Besides Desoto is the team that keeps us out of Tx Stadium every year in the first round :(

HebronHawk
11-18-2007, 10:49 AM
No doubt how did that happen????

Good luck to Hebron Hawks - This ET fan is pulling for you as we have some friends who are Hawk fans. Besides Desoto is the team that keeps us out of Tx Stadium every year in the first round :(

We would normally be playing our second round game in Woodshed South (Texas Stadium). Somebody must have informed the Eagles. Of course, we've won every game we've ever played at Birdville Stadium, too. :D

texan_75010
11-18-2007, 08:54 PM
DeSoto's powerful ground attack vs. Hebron's aerial assault. Should be a tight game. Local weather is a 60% chance for a high-scoring shootout, with the possibility of some overtime.

The two teams that beat Hebron this year both had great running games. This plays to Hebron's weakness. How has DeSoto done against teams with a good passing attack?

eaglesflyhigher
11-18-2007, 09:06 PM
The two teams that beat Hebron this year both had great running games. This plays to Hebron's weakness. How has DeSoto done against teams with a good passing attack?

DeSoto's only real test against a passing offense was Arlington Bowie, and I would say they fared alright giving up 285 yards that game. DeSoto's primary weakness (besides penalties and turnovers) is their pass defense. They are not terrible, but giving up 363 yards to an average team like Arlington Lamar says alot. Whether they are able to step up on Saturday will be a primary factor in who comes out on top.

Joe Bobs DT
11-18-2007, 09:26 PM
DeSoto by 7

jbusch
11-18-2007, 10:36 PM

either at Lowes or H/Depotacross the street

I'm too cheap to pay when there's a chance I can save a few bucks and get crippled crossing the street.;)

desotoeaglesgrad
11-19-2007, 05:20 AM
We would normally be playing our second round game in Woodshed South (Texas Stadium). Somebody must have informed the Eagles. Of course, we've won every game we've ever played at Birdville Stadium, too. :D

Blame it on DeSoto's head coach. He tries to avoid TS at all costs. But speaking of Woodshed South...isn't that where you guys played CH last year in the 2nd round? :p

OK, enough about the past. This should be a fun game to watch. Hebron should be familiar with what DeSoto will run; it is similar to CH. And DeSoto got a good look at Bowie's passing attack, so that may be of help to them in this game. The only way this game surprises me is if it ends up as a low scoring affair. Good luck to both teams.

HebronHawk
11-19-2007, 07:04 AM
Blame it on DeSoto's head coach. He tries to avoid TS at all costs. But speaking of Woodshed South...isn't that where you guys played CH last year in the 2nd round? :p

OK, enough about the past. This should be a fun game to watch. Hebron should be familiar with what DeSoto will run; it is similar to CH. And DeSoto got a good look at Bowie's passing attack, so that may be of help to them in this game. The only way this game surprises me is if it ends up as a low scoring affair. Good luck to both teams.

The CH game is the only game we've lost in TS. Hasn't given us any ill feelings in return. CH was unbelievable last year.

Our coaches do a wonderful job studying the next opponent and designing the defense. Our DC is a former Dragon. We will show up Saturday with an answer for Cyrus.

The question, as always, will be about execution.

Robber89
11-19-2007, 07:35 AM
The CH game is the only game we've lost in TS. Hasn't given us any ill feelings in return. CH was unbelievable last year.

Our coaches do a wonderful job studying the next opponent and designing the defense. Our DC is a former Dragon. We will show up Saturday with an answer for Cyrus.

The question, as always, will be about execution.

There is no answer for Cyrus. You need to score 40 points to win this one. Cyrus will get his 175 to 215 rushing on Saturday. Just make sure the other eagles don't have big games.

Hebron will win a high scoring game 52 to 45.

SLC93
11-19-2007, 07:49 AM
Desoto's a good team with alot of talent. I find it very hard to pick them, consistently, because they've always shown the ability to underacheive. While most feel they will be in the region final, I'm hesitant to pick them. I don't trust them to not spit the bit. They're in a similar situation to the 06 CHill team. None trusted them to win. Now, when they did we had no issue giving them credit for their performance. They just had to earn it. Desoto's the same for me this year. I like Hebron in a higher scoring contest. They get more out of what they've got, consistently, than Desoto. If I'm wrong, I have no issue praising Desoto. They just gotta earn it.

dragonpants
11-19-2007, 08:55 AM
Desoto Wins. Hebron Is The Most Overrated Team In The Playoffs This Year. They Looked Horrible Against Marcus. Their Air Attack Was Non Existent.

eaglesflyhigher
11-19-2007, 11:30 AM
Desoto's a good team with alot of talent. I find it very hard to pick them, consistently, because they've always shown the ability to underacheive. While most feel they will be in the region final, I'm hesitant to pick them. I don't trust them to not spit the bit. They're in a similar situation to the 06 CHill team. None trusted them to win. Now, when they did we had no issue giving them credit for their performance. They just had to earn it. Desoto's the same for me this year. I like Hebron in a higher scoring contest. They get more out of what they've got, consistently, than Desoto. If I'm wrong, I have no issue praising Desoto. They just gotta earn it.

The main problem in our losses isn't that we underachieve offensively, its just that we turnover the ball at the most inopportune times, and commit penalties that either ruin our offensive drives or help the opponent offense move down the field. If we limit those two mistakes, I think we have a good chance.

SLC93
11-19-2007, 12:06 PM
The main problem in our losses isn't that we underachieve offensively, its just that we turnover the ball at the most inopportune times, and commit penalties that either ruin our offensive drives or help the opponent offense move down the field. If we limit those two mistakes, I think we have a good chance.

Turnovers and penalties are part of underachieving, though. Trust me, I've seen plenty of both out of my team this season. You're 100% correct. If y'all can play crisp and limit those mistakes, you'll be in phenominal shape.

HebronHawk
11-19-2007, 10:12 PM
Hebron Is The Most Overrated Team In The Playoffs This Year. They Looked Horrible Against Marcus. Their Air Attack Was Non Existent.

Hard to argue with that. Our air attack was not working that night.

HebronHawk
11-19-2007, 10:15 PM
There's some good stats and info on Hebron at this site.

http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/TeamFrame.mxp/AreaID-024e5ff8-c4c8-415d-83fb-631cf9b394b7/Page-Stats/SchoolID-a9ea4d9b-9c0b-4bc5-a09d-e3be5d6db188/Boys_Varsity_Football_Fall_07-08/Texas

farmerfan
11-19-2007, 10:18 PM
Desoto Wins. Hebron Is The Most Overrated Team In The Playoffs This Year. They Looked Horrible Against Marcus. Their Air Attack Was Non Existent.

How is Hebron overrated?
I mean its kind of hard to be overrated when you aren't even ranked. :eek:

CCBoy
11-19-2007, 10:19 PM
Desoto is where I stay, and who I pull for! I do have some cousins at Hebron, but Oh well!

Who wins an Eagle or a Hawk?
Let's go Eagles!!!:D:D

AE 8008
11-19-2007, 10:37 PM
ill be pulling for hebron since i have some friends that go there, but its hard to vote against cyrus gray after watching him against us last year:cry then again, a revenge bid against desoto would be nice too!

not sure who wins, but i think itll be high scoring

ScottS
11-24-2007, 10:18 AM
This should be a great game. I may try to go see it.

HebronHawk
11-24-2007, 10:21 AM
Looks like rain will be a consideration for this game today. Could have been played under a dome.

ScottS
11-24-2007, 10:27 AM
Looks like rain will be a consideration for this game today. Could have been played under a dome.

It could work to your advantage (if it slows down Gray).

TrojanFan4Life
11-24-2007, 10:33 AM
Go Hawks - too cold to get the kids out today - so we will anxiously await score updates - is anyone going to the game that could post and let us know the score?

21defensecover4sky
11-24-2007, 08:10 PM
There is no answer for Cyrus. You need to score 40 points to win this one. Cyrus will get his 175 to 215 rushing on Saturday. Just make sure the other eagles don't have big games.

Good call, sounds like this was a great matchup.

Drphill
11-25-2007, 05:48 PM

Well, How is Hebron's QB only about 13 yards short of Riley Dodge. They passed for almost 350 on Desoto. Can't wait for the Hebron vs SLC game.
Riley Dodge, Southlake Carroll 12 221-323-6 3319 10.3 37
Tanner Marsh, Hebron 12 226-372-8 3306 8.9 19

HebronDad
11-25-2007, 05:58 PM

Way to go Robber89 !!!

You're the man... It was a great game.

HebronHawk
11-25-2007, 09:38 PM
Well, How is Hebron's QB only about 13 yards short of Riley Dodge. They passed for almost 350 on Desoto. Can't wait for the Hebron vs SLC game.
Riley Dodge, Southlake Carroll 12 221-323-6 3319 10.3 37
Tanner Marsh, Hebron 12 226-372-8 3306 8.9 19

As you've pointed out, the QB's match up closely. Riley has more game experience than Tanner. Tanner is taller and might have a better arm.

They may be playing each other in Round 4.

toddg
11-25-2007, 10:06 PM
bad coaching kills great talent..if desoto ever gets a good coach..they would be scary good!

HebronHawk
11-25-2007, 10:22 PM
bad coaching kills great talent..if desoto ever gets a good coach..they would be scary good!

I have a hard time with that statement based on the game we played on Saturday. I didn't see any sign of "bad" coaching anywhere on the field. I did see two teams playing their hearts out and leaving it all on the field.

texan_75010
11-26-2007, 02:15 AM

I guess the most overrated team is still in the playoffs.....:p

jbusch
11-26-2007, 07:08 AM
I have a hard time with that statement based on the game we played on Saturday. I didn't see any sign of "bad" coaching anywhere on the field. I did see two teams playing their hearts out and leaving it all on the field.

Blowing a 14 point lead by going conservative and abandoning a "clicking" passing offense that was dominating a bigger Desoto team for almost 30 mionutes. It took a missed extra point by desoto to get into overtime

That's what all the Hebron fans I was sitting by were saying. They were livid at the coaching saying that he doesn't seem to go for the kill, and lets opponets back into the game

Don't shoot the messenger, you just made a statement that begged a response

HebronHawk
11-26-2007, 07:16 AM
Blowing a 14 point lead by going conservative and abandoning a "clicking" passing offense that was dominating a bigger Desoto team for almost 30 mionutes. It took a missed extra point by desoto to get into overtime

That's what all the Hebron fans I was sitting by were saying. They were livid at the coaching saying that he doesn't seem to go for the kill, and lets opponents back into the game

Don't shoot the messenger, you just made a statement that begged a response

I guess now you are talking about Coach Brazil.

What I saw in the second half was a stiffening defense by DeSoto who made some halftime adjustments in their running game that paid off with points.

Hebron hardly abandoned the passing game in the second half. Hebron's longest completion (60 yards) came in the 4th quarter.

Hebron never stopped trying to score in the 2nd half, imo.

Drphill
11-26-2007, 09:19 AM
[QUOTE=jbusch;666016]Blowing a 14 point lead by going conservative and abandoning a "clicking" passing offense that was dominating a bigger Desoto team for almost 30 mionutes. It took a missed extra point by desoto to get into overtime

That's what all the Hebron fans I was sitting by were saying. They were livid at the coaching saying that he doesn't seem to go for the kill, and lets opponets back into the game

Yea some of those dads are about as smart as a box of hair. "Go for the kill" If Hebron would have thrown more, they would have said why don't you run. They can't just support the kids and coaches. Great Job Hebron !!! ;)

HebronDad
11-26-2007, 12:07 PM
If you missed the game...

The Hebron / DeSoto game will be re-broadcast on Time Warner Cable Channel 185 (MetroSports).

11/27 - 12:00 noon
11/29 - 7:00 pm.
11/30 - 3:00 pm.

In addition, it is availableon Time Warner Cable "ON DEMAND" Sports -> Metro Sports:

HebronHawk
11-26-2007, 12:38 PM
If you missed the game...

The Hebron / DeSoto game will be re-broadcast on Time Warner Cable Channel 185 (MetroSports).

11/27 - 12:00 noon
11/29 - 7:00 pm.
11/30 - 3:00 pm.

In addition, it is availableon Time Warner Cable "ON DEMAND" Sports -> Metro Sports:

Anything on Verizon FIOS or satellite?

HebronDad
11-26-2007, 12:51 PM
Anything on Verizon FIOS or satellite?

Not that I'm aware of...