PDA

View Full Version : Baylor a bowl contendor

stevefoxsc
10-10-2005, 05:10 PM
Discuss

westlake
10-10-2005, 05:50 PM
B aylor has a chance at something.

I just hope that every big 12 team that texas plays is ranked as high as possible when its all said and done.

wide-e-wide
10-10-2005, 07:03 PM
I for one think it would be awesome...Baylor has been laughable for far too long...and it would mean a great deal to the city of Waco.

TheProphet
10-10-2005, 07:48 PM
Baylor has 4 wins (should have 5), OSU is an easy win these days, the Huskers are coming to Waco and evidently they are up in arms about winning that. No reason Baylor shouldn't get 6 wins and a bowl nod...think about it, if they had beat aggy like they should have in aggy's own backyard then they would be 5-0 and ranked...its true, only 9 undefeated BCS teams are left and they are all top 25...pretty crazy, but if you ask me, Baylor has a better shot at a 6 win season than Michigan

eagleike
10-10-2005, 10:16 PM
I for one think it would be awesome...Baylor has been laughable for far too long...and it would mean a great deal to the city of Waco.

Oh man.........wide-e-wide giving Baylor some props? The posting on this board never ceases to amaze me.

Baylor in a bowl is the best thing that could happen for your beloved horns.

V Tech is biting at your heels.

TheProphet
10-11-2005, 08:13 PM
Alright...so let me follow the V-Tech reasoning here... Ohio State losing to Penn St hurts UT's SOS and thus lowers our BCS...well I think we are forgetting something...the only reason VT is even on the map is because of the 51-7 drubbing they put on Georgia Tech...O hasnt ole GT lost a few games since then?

FootballJunkie
10-11-2005, 08:35 PM
Alright...so let me follow the V-Tech reasoning here... Ohio State losing to Penn St hurts UT's SOS and thus lowers our BCS...well I think we are forgetting something...the only reason VT is even on the map is because of the 51-7 drubbing they put on Georgia Tech...O hasnt ole GT lost a few games since then?

Actually the thing that helped VTech the most is LSU losing to Tenn. The thing that WILL help or hurt them in the future is a prime time date with Miami as well as a possible ACC championship date with an undefeated and 4th ranked Florida St. With all that said and as much as I don't want to admit it. Unless UT or USC loses the same thing that happended last year will happen this year.

I hope Baylor does continue to win. All the polsters will see Baylor beating people not as a sign that they are getting better but that the teams they beat are not that good proving the Big XII is down so GOOO Baylor!!!

Texasfrog
10-11-2005, 10:12 PM
Actually the thing that helped VTech the most is LSU losing to Tenn. The thing that WILL help or hurt them in the future is a prime time date with Miami as well as a possible ACC championship date with an undefeated and 4th ranked Florida St. With all that said and as much as I don't want to admit it. Unless UT or USC loses the same thing that happended last year will happen this year.

I hope Baylor does continue to win. All the polsters will see Baylor beating people not as a sign that they are getting better but that the teams they beat are not that good proving the Big XII is down so GOOO Baylor!!!

Nebraska wont beat Baylor as bad at they beat that (ACC team) Wake Forest 31-3. OUCH, I guess this proves to everyone that the ACC is down and "OVERATED !!"

Thank God Clemson kicked that last second FG against a weak Tx A&M team @ Clemson to boot.

Oh ya... before you try to tell me that Wake Forest isnt good. I'll remind you:

Wake forest- 31 Clemson-27

Looks like Nebraska is alot better then WF, Clemson and Tx A&M. Hey, didnt Clemson take Miami to OVERTIME ???? Hahahaha. Miami overated & Living off that past reputation.. :D

CLFalcon2006
10-12-2005, 12:01 AM
I can't beilive this thread even exsits. How dismal is the big 12 if Baylor is one of the top teams. Baylor will easily get a bowl bid however and I can assure that because arn't there like 38421233 bowls. If they dont make it to the Las Vegas Bowl or the Insight Bowl they can always try to see if there eligeble for the East St. Louis Bowl or the Scotch Tape Bowl. Baylor should never be a bowl team and there shouldnt be that many bowls.

lonny23
10-12-2005, 05:06 AM
The Big 12 has 8 or 9 Bowl bids and Baylor isn't one of the 4 worst teams, so I say, "Yes, they'll go to a Bowl."

Texasfrog
10-12-2005, 11:01 AM
The Big 12 has 8 or 9 Bowl bids and Baylor isn't one of the 4 worst teams, so I say, "Yes, they'll go to a Bowl."

I dont think Baylor makes it to a Bowl. I would love to see it. But, dont think its going to happen. They'll have to pull off another couple of upsets.

I dont see Baylor beating (Nebraska, Oklahoma, Tx Tech, Texas). So, they'll have to scrap out wins against Missouri & Oklahoma St. That would give Baylor 5 wins against D-1A teams. Unless the NCAA changed the rule. Teams have to have 6 wins against D-1A teams to qualify for Bowl status.

The loss to Tx A&M really hurts Baylor when its all said and done.

NOTE: It's looking like the Big-12 may not have enough teams qualify for all their Bowl allotments.

FootballJunkie
10-12-2005, 11:14 AM
Nebraska wont beat Baylor as bad at they beat that (ACC team) Wake Forest 31-3. OUCH, I guess this proves to everyone that the ACC is down and "OVERATED !!"

Thank God Clemson kicked that last second FG against a weak Tx A&M team @ Clemson to boot.

Oh ya... before you try to tell me that Wake Forest isnt good. I'll remind you:

Wake forest- 31 Clemson-27

Looks like Nebraska is alot better then WF, Clemson and Tx A&M. Hey, didnt Clemson take Miami to OVERTIME ???? Hahahaha. Miami overated & Living off that past reputation.. :D

Perhaps you are right and they are living off the past but it sure won't look good for the Big XII to have thier Big XII North CHAMPION not even be able to get into the endzone against an overatted and living on the past MIAMI team now will it. :D I guess that means MIAMI is better than the whole big XII NORTH and half of the SOUTH

stevefoxsc
10-12-2005, 11:32 AM
i hope baylor makes it right now just for Texas sake though i garuntee if they do they'll remove that 2005 national basketball title and put somthing like 2006 Bowl finalist

Texasfrog
10-12-2005, 11:32 AM
Perhaps you are right and they are living off the past but it sure won't look good for the Big XII to have thier Big XII North CHAMPION not even be able to get into the endzone against an overatted and living on the past MIAMI team now will it. :D I guess that means MIAMI is better than the whole big XII NORTH and half of the SOUTH

Colorado wont be the Big-12 North Champs. Going to be Nebraska who will play in the Big-12 Title game ranked about #18th.

Miami probably is better then everyone in the Big-12 North except Nebraska would be a good game. Nebraska would play with Miami down to down.

Like I've told you before.. Florida St and Miami are both living on past reputation more then anything right now. By Dec.1, both will be ranked in the mid-10's after they play a couple of stronger teams and stop playing powder-puff teams like (Citadel, Syracuse, Wake Forest, Clemson, South Florida, Duke).

Heck, if Nebraska had those powder-puff teams they would be living in the top #10 right now. Sorry, the ACC "doom day" games are coming for both Florida St and Miami.

In fact come Dec.1, Nebraska will probably be ranked ahead of Miami along with Tx Tech. :D

Facts or Facts and we'll see.

Like I said:

Texas vs Va Tech
Tx Tech vs Fla St
Nebraska vs Miami.

all 3 would be good evenly matched games.

FootballJunkie
10-12-2005, 11:54 AM
Colorado wont be the Big-12 North Champs. Going to be Nebraska who will play in the Big-12 Title game ranked about #18th.

Miami probably is better then everyone in the Big-12 North except Nebraska would be a good game. Nebraska would play with Miami down to down.

Like I've told you before.. Florida St and Miami are both living on past reputation more then anything right now. By Dec.1, both will be ranked in the mid-10's after they play a couple of stronger teams and stop playing powder-puff teams like (Citadel, Syracuse, Wake Forest, Clemson, South Florida, Duke).

Heck, if Nebraska had those powder-puff teams they would be living in the top #10 right now. Sorry, the ACC "doom day" games are coming for both Florida St and Miami.

In fact come Dec.1, Nebraska will probably be ranked ahead of Miami along with Tx Tech. :D

Facts or Facts and we'll see.

Like I said:

Texas vs Va Tech
Tx Tech vs Fla St
Nebraska vs Miami.

all 3 would be good evenly matched games.

If you think Nebraska is back because they didn't get blown out by TT you need to wake up. This is the same Nebraska team that beat a really bad Pitt 7-6 at home. That only scored 25 against 1AA Maine. Colorado will kill Nebraska as they have been doing of late. Nebraska's talent level is way down and all that game proved was TT looked really good against 1AA teams but is only a little above average against 1A teams. Powder puff teams are the reason Nebraska is 4-1 Less you forget their schedule. First time they played an above average team they lost!!! Oh Iowa st. guess Baylor showed them how good they were :rolleyes:

caesarscott
10-17-2005, 01:41 AM
yes