PDA

View Full Version : Another Titan/Longhorn in the making????

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-11-2005, 11:46 AM
kenlo340

user profile
Bush Leaguer
Post #132 NEXT GREAT RB AT PA MEMORIAL Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next great Running Back at Pt. Arthur Memorial. His name is Jacovin Buckner. He is a 6'1 190 Freshman. He will be a Sophmore next year and is already practicing this spring for varsity. Reminds a lot of people in the area of Jamaal Charles. Runs and looks like him in pads. Last year as a freshman playing freshman ball he had over 1500yds and 22 TD's. Also plays CB on Defense. Also Danny Gorrers' (TX A&M) younger brother is a very fast CB. Watch out for him. He is a freshman also. 5'10 175 DB.

He's already Jamaal's size and to think he is only a 9th grader that WILL get bigger. :eek: May god have mercy upon anyone we play not this year but his Junior year. I'm looking forward to that squad more than this one. :D

LP-79
05-11-2005, 03:28 PM
Scooter wait till PAM runs into one of them East Texas Teams! LOL Just kidding! I wish Lufkin could get a home and away series started with PAM, and just drop a team like Nastyroaches! Because to be the best you have to beat the best! Get both teams ready to make a deep run in the playoffs!

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-11-2005, 03:34 PM
Scooter wait till PAM runs into one of them East Texas Teams! LOL Just kidding! I wish Lufkin could get a home and away series started with PAM, and just drop a team like Nastyroaches! Because to be the best you have to beat the best! Get both teams ready to make a deep run in the playoffs!
That's what i've been saying since the school opened! :D

Colbert doesn't listen. Even most of the fans wanted him to schedule Lufkin back a couple of years ago. Playing teams like Forest Brook, CC Ray, and CUJO doesn't get you ready for the district and post-season. I'm surprised he put Midland Lee on the schedule along with Tyler Lee this past year. Obviously it doesn't help if you don't have a coach with good decision making skills. See what happened to us in the Lamar game right? It's 4th down in overtime with the game on the line, how do you not give the ball to the #1 RB in the state?! :eek:

brad@sunshinepreps
05-13-2005, 12:48 PM
Where does PAM open up at?

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-13-2005, 02:20 PM
Where does PAM open up at?
At home against John Tyler on September 2nd or 3rd at 7:30. :)

lonny23
05-14-2005, 07:22 AM
All these guys from Port Arthur want to play at UT because they are used to losing the big game! :p It's like the women who find guys to beat on them because they think they deserve it.

Texas Hammer
05-14-2005, 03:31 PM
That's what i've been saying since the school opened! :D

Colbert doesn't listen. Even most of the fans wanted him to schedule Lufkin back a couple of years ago. Playing teams like Forest Brook, CC Ray, and CUJO doesn't get you ready for the district and post-season. I'm surprised he put Midland Lee on the schedule along with Tyler Lee this past year. Obviously it doesn't help if you don't have a coach with good decision making skills. See what happened to us in the Lamar game right? It's 4th down in overtime with the game on the line, how do you not give the ball to the #1 RB in the state?! :eek:
That's called outsmarting yourself and most coaches do it at some point in a game.

LP-79
05-14-2005, 04:35 PM
After realignment we may have to play each other every year! Stranger things have happened! I mean we used to drive 200 miles to play Texarkana for heavans sake! :confused:

Texas Hammer
05-14-2005, 04:51 PM
After realignment we may have to play each other every year! Stranger things have happened! I mean we used to drive 200 miles to play Texarkana for heavans sake! :confused:
You can't top that old district, though.

Even in West Texas, you can't top having Abilene, Odessa, and Midland together, and they should have San Angelo back. I bet it would happen if Big Spring had an influx of students.

svhorns
05-15-2005, 03:34 PM
I didnt mind the PAM, SV series, lots of talent on the field.

Texas Hammer
05-15-2005, 03:36 PM
I didnt mind the PAM, SV series, lots of talent on the field.
Didn't you win both games?

svhorns
05-15-2005, 03:39 PM
yea but it was their first two years of excistence i believe. Playing them today im sure it would be some great games.

Texas Hammer
05-15-2005, 03:42 PM
yea but it was their first two years of excistence i believe. Playing them today im sure it would be some great games.
You'd give Scooter a coronary if the teams played. He might kidnap Coach Hill and force him to go to PAM! He'd complain from here to eternity about how Coach Hill is so much better at coaching.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-16-2005, 09:57 AM
You'd give Scooter a coronary if the teams played. He might kidnap Coach Hill and force him to go to PAM! He'd complain from here to eternity about how Coach Hill is so much better at coaching.
If we had Coach Hill---OMG!!! enuff said. 4 deep at least in the playoffs every year. yeah Colbert outsmarted his self alright. They wanna go to UT because they wanna have chance to play for a championship. :D

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-16-2005, 09:57 AM
The way the UIL is I wouldn't be surprised if we're in the same district after Feb.

Texas Hammer
05-17-2005, 09:20 PM
If we had Coach Hill---OMG!!! enuff said. 4 deep at least in the playoffs every year. yeah Colbert outsmarted his self alright. They wanna go to UT because they wanna have chance to play for a championship. :D
They don't have a title for 2nd place in the Big 12 South! :p

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-18-2005, 09:10 AM
They don't have a title for 2nd place in the Big 12 South! :pwe'll see on Oct.8th.

dragonsdaddy
05-18-2005, 09:15 AM
yeah scooter, what championship do the charred orange have again? their top ranked baseball team isn't even going to win the conference title. the next big 12 football title will be mack's first. odds are in their favor at least.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-18-2005, 09:15 AM
yeah scooter, what championship do the charred orange have again? their top ranked baseball team isn't even going to win the conference title. the next big 12 football title will be mack's first. odds are in their favor at least.
We'll see Oct.8th and after the big12 title game.

dragonsdaddy
05-18-2005, 09:19 AM
the never ending quest for the brass ring goes on in the land of the lotus blossums.

wide-e-wide
05-18-2005, 11:15 AM
I'm not going to talk about the game this year. I'm just going
to sit back with my Miller Lite and hope it happens. I think all
of my smack about ou in the past...brought us bad ju-ju...