PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young - old habits returning?

Favpack
10-08-2005, 05:01 PM
Glad Vince got the OU monkey off today - and I didn't think this would be pretty, but he looked mediocre in the first half. Yes, his passing is much, much improved - and he made some good ones. But, he also fumbled and was picked (called off due to interference) on a poor pass. If the int. isn't wiped out by a terrible int. call - take away the Jamaal run and the terrible safety play on the pass to Pittman with 30 seconds left - and UT could have gone into the locker room behind - and then who knows what happens.

His running decisions were not good today either - he looks like he's developing some of the old tendencies to wait too long to run, and when he does run he takes two steps forward and two sideways - never kicks it into to high gear. Plus, he was just sloppy with the ball. They would have been way down after the first half against a top 5 club.

This team could face some trouble next week against Colorado - but it is in Austin. I just think Vince played mediocre - but certainly good enough to beat a fair OU team -- and get that dang monkey off the back for UT.

Trinity Trojan Fan For Li
10-09-2005, 12:04 AM
I couldn't help but think that walking into the Cotton Bowl and seeing Orange on one side and Red on the other, carrying the hopes of Texas fans on your shoulders, couldn't help but make Young and the whole team nervous. Being ranked #2 in the nation, Texas had everything to lose in this game and OU nothing at all. Mack settled them down at halftime and they all played much better the second half. That's just my opinion.

TheProphet
10-09-2005, 12:12 AM
Texas played terrible, they haven't played well yet. Lets just leave it at they haven't played a solid game as a team yet. The whole thing with Young now is they are going to only run him when necessary, minimize the amount of hits he takes, the fumble...anyone in the nation would have fumbled, whats important is that he recovered it. The poor safety play is generated by double LB spy that Vince creates which puts the safety man on the slot receiver, thats why our flankers were open all game. It all starts with Vince, goes with Vince, and ends with Vince. However, Jamaal Charles is making me forget AD every time he touches the ball.

KT2000
10-09-2005, 12:14 AM
Vince is the last player any Longhorn fan is worried about. He comes to play every week and leads by example.

As far as the pass interference call...it was called away from where the pass went and was the correct call. Fouts, as usual, has no idea what he's talking about. The call was in a completely different area of the field.

TheProphet
10-09-2005, 12:19 AM
KT 2000 - isnt it nice to agree with me for once? :)