PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Stadium

Rerun
05-10-2005, 10:31 PM
What is your favorite stadium to go and watch a game of hs football?

ktchamp97
05-10-2005, 10:36 PM
The Alamodome, hands down.

As far as places I haven't been yet...

I drive by Grande Comm. twice a day and I can't wait to watch a game there...that place is unreal.

I've also been by Ratliff and I swear I got chills when I saw it (from about 4 miles away, hah).

I can't wait to see some West Texas football.

KT2000
05-10-2005, 10:53 PM
...Alamodome (#1 favorite)

The climate-controlled confines, great view of the field from anywhere, San Antonio city atmosphere= awesome

...Reliant Stadium

Incredible facility but climate was only semi-controlled during the first ever high school game there last year between Katy and A&M Consolidated due to otherwordly thunderstorm/monsoon going on outside (roof evidently wasn't closed all the way and doused some fans). Best place to just watch a sporting event that I've ever been.

...Galena Park ISD

State of the art for a high school program and very nice place to take in a game.

SLC-Dad
05-10-2005, 10:56 PM
What is your favorite stadium to go and watch a game of hs football?

Dragon Stadium........especially if we get the 30ft Dragon ;)

wide-e-wide
05-10-2005, 11:05 PM
I agree the Alamodome is really nice.
Although I love my Cowboys...I have to
say Texas Stadium is probably the worst.

Rerun
05-10-2005, 11:20 PM
The Alamodome's days are numbered. Lately there have been plenty of talks around SA of tearing it down. I think it will be tore down sooner than later.

jtk1519
05-10-2005, 11:24 PM
The Alamodome, hands down.

As far as places I haven't been yet...

I drive by Grande Comm. twice a day and I can't wait to watch a game there...that place is unreal.

I've also been by Ratliff and I swear I got chills when I saw it (from about 4 miles away, hah).

You are in for a treat. Grande might just be the most comfortable stadium on the high school level and it is obviously a beauty. There's just nothing like it on the high school level. Ratliff is about as intimidating a venue as you will ever see.

As for my favorite, I'm kinda old school and my pick has lot of sentimental value, but my favorite is Texas Stadium. In many ways, the place is a dump, but there is something about sitting in those seats and seeing the star at midfield and all those legendary names ringing the stadium. I'm sure the allure of Texas Stadium has worn off for most, but it will always be a special place to me.

KT2000
05-10-2005, 11:34 PM
When we went to the Denton Ryan-Irving Mac game at Texas Stadium last year I was pleasantly surprised by the actual game viewing experience. When I saw the outside, I didn't think it would be good at all. However, I thought the view of the field inside was great. However, they've definitely got to remodel the outside of that thing or just make a new place all together. Looks like a prison from the outside.

GoOwls
05-10-2005, 11:51 PM
Of course, as you might guess, Williams in Garland means the most to me, but there is one place I like to go watch a game when my schedule permits. You can only do this a the teams home games that fall before daylight savings time changes. The place is Blue Ridge, a 1A school near Farmersville. I stop in Wylie on the way and get a foot long Subway and drink and then you get there and sit on the home side. You're facing west and the land seems to drop off on the other side of the field to a valley, then about a half mile off in he distance, you pick up the rolling hills in your vision and the tree covered hills seem to roll on forever into the sunset. Sitting there eating a Subway, watching 2 little 1A schools I know nothing about, and watching that sun set over those hills is a little piece of heaven on earth. It makes you thankful to be alive observing Gods' splendor.

Once the sun sets, I leave and usually go watch the last half of a local game I am interested in. I've never stayed and watched a whole game.......don't need to.

GoOwls
05-10-2005, 11:58 PM
I understand all the folk who say Texas Stadium is the worst, but actually, I like it. Get there early, get a seat against the wall near the 50 yd. line, order the "first" order of Superbowl nachos with a monster Dr.Pepper, and watch some of the best HS football in the U.S., in a triple-header to boot......it don't get much better than that.....period.

lonny23
05-11-2005, 12:44 AM
It's easily the Alamodome because it's climate-controlled and they have multiple games there when they do play. You can't go wrong with state title games and the All-American Bowl every year.

Out in West Texas, I like Grande and Ratliff a lot. They are fun places to go to a game.

I probably drive around more than 99% of you guys, but I sure like convenience, so the next few stadiums shouldn't come as a surprise:

Wichita Falls Memorial because I live about 2 miles away, but haven't been to a game yet. The first one will be the 2005 Oil Bowl. The other stadiums around here are crap.

Judson Stadium because it's the home of the Rockets and I always lived within 3 miles.

Lobo Stadium because it's in the ground and me and my dad used to always get in free at halftime.

Ranger Stadium because it does have a nice view of the Hill Country.

Waco ISD Stadium is real nice, but they should've made it bigger to get the big 4A and 5A games instead of 3A and below.

The pro and college stadiums are always cool to play in, but my favorite for scenery is the Sun Bowl. You can't top the history of Texas Stadium.

cougardude
05-11-2005, 04:56 AM
The Alamodome's days are numbered. Lately there have been plenty of talks around SA of tearing it down. I think it will be tore down sooner than later.

Really? I can't see them tearing down a building like that. Shoot, the Astrodome is still standing! :rolleyes:

Rerun
05-11-2005, 06:04 AM
The Dome is in the way of valuable land. If the Dome gets tore down a revitalization of that ghetto will take place. Also, it will make room for the new commuter light rail that is being proposed in SA.The Dome is alright, but is not being used 70-80% of the time.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-11-2005, 09:15 AM
Ol' Abe--Lufkin
Mustang corral--Orange
Memorial Stadium in Port Arthur but only when it rains. I swear it's just like your at the Swamp! Very imtimidating, ask Westfield and Sterling.

memorial stadium---wichita falls. reminds me of shotwell a lil bit.

and finally Stallworth Stadium----Baytown because we finally beat those b******s from Lee!!!!!!!!!! That's our REAL rival school. :mad:

dragonfootballfan
05-11-2005, 01:47 PM
My favorite stadium that I have watched a high school game at is Baylor's stadium in Waco. That thing is incredible and I love the replay screen. Everything was high quality and you did not have to pay for parking which was even better.

wide-e-wide
05-11-2005, 01:53 PM
Pay for parking?
At Floyd Casey?
They should be glad people are even showing up
to watch Baylor...
Of course they don't charge for parking...
However, they do give away free tickets...
I live in Waco...I know...they hand those things
to anybody that will stand still.

pack4life
05-11-2005, 06:18 PM
My favorite stadium that I have watched a high school game at is Baylor's stadium in Waco. That thing is incredible and I love the replay screen. Everything was high quality and you did not have to pay for parking which was even better.

Took the words straight from my mouth. I loved watching a game at that stadium, it makes me never want to go back to a playoff game in Waco unless it is at that stadium, and not the Waco ISD stadium. I know the Waco ISD stadium is nice too, but once you've seen a game here you're spoiled. Everything about that stadium is great, the replay screens, the concessions move fast, the replay screen and scoreboard is unreal, and the music they play fits the athmosphere perfectly. Can't think of a better place to go watch a game.

slcdragons
05-11-2005, 06:26 PM
Dragon Stadium for me. You just can't beat a Friday Night at DS. :D

YouKnowTha3T
05-11-2005, 06:52 PM
For me i can answer this two different ways...

Best and worst place to PLAY a District game in 5-5A

Best-Dragon Stadium unless your the away team it may be the worst
Worst- Keller ISD stadium aside from the terrible field turf that would qualify for US Open rough those folks over in Keller dont like us period.

Best and worst place to PLAY a PLAYOFF game

Best- Baylor Stadium
Worst-Texas Stadium

Best place to WATCH a game

Alamo Dome

ktCarl
05-11-2005, 07:10 PM
ALAMODOME

No one has mentioned that the hamburgers at the Alamodome are better than other stadiums. Plus, you can stroll to the stadium after eating and throwing paper at your opponents fans at "Dick's" on the riverwalk.

Texas Hammer
05-11-2005, 07:23 PM
The Dome is in the way of valuable land. If the Dome gets tore down a revitalization of that ghetto will take place. Also, it will make room for the new commuter light rail that is being proposed in SA.The Dome is alright, but is not being used 70-80% of the time.
The mayor keeps trying to get a MLS team there. I think it's part of the reason why they have the Mexican National Soccer Team play there, too.

What valuable land? That's a big ghetto to tear down! :D

A commuter light rail is a waste of money. People in Texas drive cars, trucks, SUV's and vans. We don't take trains, cabs, or buses. They built the Alamodome with no parking to encourage mass transit and all it did was make people mad because there isn't any parking.

Shoot2thrill
05-11-2005, 07:38 PM

kt..you are in for some gooood 'ol WT football. I still say it doesn't get any better than Ratliff. We don't go there this year but I sure don't mind going to play there every other year. I vote for Ratliff for favorite stadium. :D

jrdaniel
05-12-2005, 08:14 AM
What valuable land? That's a big ghetto to tear down!

Have you seen the street next to the dome lately? I went to the Home and Garden show a month or so ago and it looks like they have torn down about half of the houses that lined that street and built new homes - and looks a lot nicer. Not sure how far they have gotten in the project - I don't venture off the beaten path down there. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the new home owners will start letting people park their cars in the yard though.

Tigerjag
05-12-2005, 09:04 AM
A commuter light rail is a waste of money. People in Texas drive cars,

Right into the path of light rail! I would hope San Antonio would learn a lesson from Houston and not build a system on street level.

Besides Rhodes, of course... :) my favorite place to watch a game is the Alamodome, followed closely by Floyd Casey in Waco. I do wonder, though, how that stadium is when it's a lovely hot, humid day. It's so closed now, I would think it would be very steamy.

Worst is still ol' abe, no matter how much make-up they put on it. That is, until we have to go play at the travesty that is the s. jesuit "stadium." It's a teeny, tiny thing on campus with no parking.

dragonsdaddy
05-12-2005, 09:20 AM
the preps need to involve themselves with another venue to create some space for opponents, imo. their home fields are smallish 4a parks at best.

Garland02
05-12-2005, 10:59 AM
Mesquite Memorial is my favorite, but now we don't get to play the Mesquite schools anymore.

Texas Stadium used to be pretty nice, but now it smells like a cross between spilled, stale beer, and wet diapers.....not good.

My only experience with the Astrodome - the seats were nice, getting into the place was rediculous, and it was before 9/11, it took over an hour just to get thru metal detectors for the championship game in 99.

jrdaniel
05-12-2005, 11:49 AM
I've only seen one all-star game there, but Rice's Stadium is pretty high on my list. Love the wood benches and the history. The place doesn't look like it has hosted a Super Bowl, nor that it could hold 70,000 fans. Is Rice not very friendly towards using it as a playoff site? I wonder why anyone would want to play in the Astrodome over Rice.

dragonsdaddy
05-12-2005, 12:28 PM
i read about po games at rice all the time, but the houston breateren will be better to know about it.

dada
05-12-2005, 12:55 PM
Yeah, once upon a time Rice hosted a Super Bowl. Looking at it, you wouldn't think it held that many people. I HATE the wooden bleachers, hemroids waiting to happen. I don't know why they dont use it more. IIRC wasnt the Northshore-Woodlands championship game held there. Roberson Stadium is right across the street and it's rarely used. I think it's a little better than Rice.

CoppellCowboy57
05-12-2005, 02:07 PM
I personally like the gopher-warrior bowl in grand prairie

but i have to say, Dragon Stadium w/ Dragon Nation is the all time greatist I fear it..

Redclad
05-12-2005, 02:41 PM
I agree that Rice is a good venue, great view of Houston skyline. I don't know why Robertson at UH is not used, it really is a nice stadium, not so big that it swallows the crowd and also offers a great view. Reliant is as good a stadium there is in the NFL but to me is just too big though the retractable roof is an obvious plus. Texas Stadium used to be great but despite all the history it pretty much is a dump now. The Alamodome is kind of a pain but it is still great, being next to the River Walk makes it unique and unlike the Astrodome it is still clean and has great sight lines. Of all the places Katy has played playoff games my least favorite is Kyle Field, that place is just kind of stark. Bob Cat Stadium (Texas State) is pretty good, just the right size that you can fill it up. I think the best atmosphere I've seen at a playoff game was at Spring Branch Tulley Stadium, Katy vs SA Holmes, 2000 I think. It was perfect weather and the place was completely packed with a standing room crowd filling the concourse around the stadium.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-12-2005, 02:43 PM
Jasper's Doghouse I would pick also. it looks like the Alamo. very intimidating place to play. they don't lose at home very often so when it happens count yourself lucky. ;)

It's like your playing in the woods with all the pine trees surrounding the stadium.

LP-79
05-12-2005, 03:27 PM
Jasper's Doghouse I would pick also. it looks like the Alamo. very intimidating place to play. they don't lose at home very often so when it happens count yourself lucky. ;)

It's like your playing in the woods with all the pine trees surrounding the stadium.

I agree Scooter. You will not get anybody from Lufkin to admit it, but Jasper used to beat Lufkin pretty regular. I bet the doghouse don't see any loses this year!

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-12-2005, 04:27 PM
I agree Scooter. You will not get anybody from Lufkin to admit it, but Jasper used to beat Lufkin pretty regular. I bet the doghouse don't see any loses this year!
Well there is one game to watch and that's the first game. They play those pesky Mustangs of West Orange-Stark. :eek:

PackAttack2005
05-12-2005, 06:39 PM
Tigerjag doesn't like Ol" Abe because his Tigers got thier tail whipped there and the Lufkin fans on the visitor side didn't leave a good impression on him.
Abe Martin is not the best by a long shot, but it's a decent place to view a football game.

Best stadiums for me are Floyd Casey and Waco ISD. Also, Rose Stadium in Tyler has some nostalgia and looks much nicer with the renovations.

Stadiums like the Alamodome and Astrodome are too big to have any decent HS atmosphere, Klye Field has the Aggie traditions but is OLD at the lower levels.

Worst are Babe Zaharius Stadium in Beaumont and Sprage Stadium in Dallas.

Texas Hammer
05-12-2005, 06:44 PM
Yeah, once upon a time Rice hosted a Super Bowl. Looking at it, you wouldn't think it held that many people. I HATE the wooden bleachers, hemroids waiting to happen. I don't know why they dont use it more. IIRC wasnt the Northshore-Woodlands championship game held there. Roberson Stadium is right across the street and it's rarely used. I think it's a little better than Rice.
I think that title game was at Rice. I know Clear Lake wanted to beat, I mean play, Katy there last year. Westfield liked playing in the Astrodome last year. I thought Reliant had special rules for the playoff teams. Robertson would be a good venue for a lot of games, but the Cougs might be picky. I've heard the Longhorns don't want anybody to trash their sacred field.

Texas Hammer
05-12-2005, 06:45 PM
Right into the path of light rail! I would hope San Antonio would learn a lesson from Houston and not build a system on street level.

Besides Rhodes, of course... :) my favorite place to watch a game is the Alamodome, followed closely by Floyd Casey in Waco. I do wonder, though, how that stadium is when it's a lovely hot, humid day. It's so closed now, I would think it would be very steamy.

Worst is still ol' abe, no matter how much make-up they put on it. That is, until we have to go play at the travesty that is the s. jesuit "stadium." It's a teeny, tiny thing on campus with no parking.
Some parts of DART are at street-level in Dallas, but those cars are doing everything but darting. I also read where DFW is getting a new tram system.

Texas Hammer
05-12-2005, 06:48 PM
Have you seen the street next to the dome lately? I went to the Home and Garden show a month or so ago and it looks like they have torn down about half of the houses that lined that street and built new homes - and looks a lot nicer. Not sure how far they have gotten in the project - I don't venture off the beaten path down there. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the new home owners will start letting people park their cars in the yard though.
I'm going for the trifecta here. My last 3 posts have been about Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio. I haven't seen the improvements around the Alamodome. I just know there's a lot of garbage to drive by down Houston Street if you're taking the backroads to the Alamodome.

MHS_Ram
05-12-2005, 10:13 PM
Grande Stadium is a great stadium, I have not had the chance to play there but my brother did in what I believe was its first year (could be wrong)

Ratliff is great also- Its not so much the stadium itself as much as how it gets on a friday night and the history and FEEL of being there. Im glad I had the chance to play there last year.

Sun Bowl- Not a usual spot for high school football but the view and look of the place is very nice and no matter if your watching high school or college ball there (GO MINERS!) it is a great place to watch a game.

My favorite stadium the SAC- simple reason, it is our stadium and it is where I get to play and got to watch my brother play.

The stadium that I didn't like was Lubbock ISD one. It is not like it was crappy but, I dont know, I just didn't like it.

Tigerjag
05-13-2005, 01:22 AM
Tigerjag doesn't like Ol" Abe because his Tigers got thier tail whipped there and the Lufkin fans on the visitor side didn't leave a good impression on him.

Ol abe had nothing to do with the Tigers getting beat. Before either team came out for warm-ups, most of us in Red were cussing your pitiful stadium. It's in a lovely location and has decent bathrooms, but the visitor side is a piece. Like I said, make-up won't help it.

And who is this "he"? :p

jtk1519
05-13-2005, 03:55 AM
I have been told, but have yet to see a game for myself, that Ford Stdaium on the SMU campus is an awesome place for a game. At about 30,000 seats it's not too big, but still big enough for a big game. Amazing video replay with some incredible views of Uptown and Downtown Dallas. Parking is horrible, but you are in one of the nicest areas in all of Texas. My advise would be to park at the Mockingbird St. DART station (for free), visit all the stores are eateries around the station (maybe even take the train down to the West End for a while) and then walk over to the stadium for a game. I wish it hosted more high school games (the Tom Landry Classic is the high school games I can think of that are played there), but I'm guessing they cant host too many games because the grass surface would take too much of a beating. If they were to ever put field turf down, it might be the best football venue in Texas.

http://www.ellerbebecket.com/uploads/smethford_ext_stands.jpg
http://www.ellerbebecket.com/uploads/smethford_ext_bowl.jpg

Shoot2thrill
05-13-2005, 05:59 AM
Ol abe had nothing to do with the Tigers getting beat. Before either team came out for warm-ups, most of us in Red were cussing your pitiful stadium. It's in a lovely location and has decent bathrooms, but the visitor side is a piece. Like I said, make-up won't help it.

And who is this "he"? :p

LOL.. I love it. You mean you know a little about "make-up"? Women posters add much to the forum. :cool:

PackAttack2005
05-13-2005, 08:03 AM
Gheeeezzz, Excuse me, I guess I need to be less gender specific in my future post. No more he or she in reference to posters, I'll just use uni-generic terms of reference in order that I will not offend someone. Far be it for me to not be politically correct here.

Tigerjag, sorry your two year experience with Lufkin was not a good one, but come on back anytime, we try to treat our visitors the same each time they come here...... send them home with loss.

Amazing how the women alway notice the bathrooms at a place. :confused:

Tigerjag
05-13-2005, 09:05 PM
Notice that I am a veteran here, not a newbie. :) I've been around since the ezboard days, and known KT2000 & ktchamp97 since the Katy Tiger board at the Houston Chronicle. At one time I had a screen capture of their first website, but I've lost it in some crash along the way.

And all this time you thought I was a guy? :D :D :D

GTown02
05-13-2005, 09:17 PM
Ford Stadium @ SMU is a very nice stadium... Parking is terrible but the rest of the stadium is great... it probably has the biggest pressbox i have ever been in besides Texas Stadium.

ktCarl
05-13-2005, 10:41 PM
Mesquite Memorial is my favorite, but now we don't get to play the Mesquite schools anymore.

Texas Stadium used to be pretty nice, but now it smells like a cross between spilled, stale beer, and wet diapers.....not good.

My only experience with the Astrodome - the seats were nice, getting into the place was rediculous, and it was before 9/11, it took over an hour just to get thru metal detectors for the championship game in 99.

I was there in Astrodome in '99 on the other side. I don't like the Astrodome for football even though some of Katy's most exciting games have been played there. The dome was built for baseball. The seats are too far away from the field. I like some of the high school stadiums much better than the Astrodome.
Did you realize that Coach Johnson played on the Galena Park football team that lost to Garland in the 60's? He got bit twice by the Owls.

lonny23
05-14-2005, 07:20 AM
I was there in Astrodome in '99 on the other side. I don't like the Astrodome for football even though some of Katy's most exciting games have been played there. The dome was built for baseball. The seats are too far away from the field. I like some of the high school stadiums much better than the Astrodome.
Did you realize that Coach Johnson played on the Galena Park football team that lost to Garland in the 60's? He got bit twice by the Owls.
The Astrodome was the first of the cookie-cutter multi-purpose stadiums for football and baseball, but one purpose that got left out is a good experience for the fans.

Texas Hammer
05-14-2005, 03:34 PM
Ford Stadium @ SMU is a very nice stadium... Parking is terrible but the rest of the stadium is great... it probably has the biggest pressbox i have ever been in besides Texas Stadium.
Maybe that's because the people at SMU have a big head! :D

ktCarl
05-14-2005, 04:19 PM
The Astrodome was the first of the cookie-cutter multi-purpose stadiums for football and baseball, but one purpose that got left out is a good experience for the fans.

How's your job and new home?
Actually, the Astrodome was built for the Astros in 1965. It had real grass the first couple of years. The roof tiles let in sunlight so the grass would grow but the glare from the tiles prevented the players from seeing fly balls. Well, they painted over the tiles and the grass died. Some genius came up with Astro-turf and the rest is multi-purpose stadium history. Football and the Oilers didn't move into the Dome until around 1967/68. Until then football was played on college and high school fields. The Oilers were at Jeppensen(?) and Rice Stadium until the 'discovery' of fake turf.
How are you gonna make it to Judson games while in Witchita Falls?

LP-79
05-14-2005, 04:24 PM
Actually, the Astrodome was built for the Astros in 1965. It had real grass the first couple of years. The roof tiles let in sunlight so the grass would grow but the glare from the tiles prevented the players from seeing fly balls. Well, they painted over the tiles and the grass died. Some genius came up with Astro-turf and the rest is multi-purpose stadium history. Football and the Oilers didn't move into the Dome until around 1967/68. Until then football was played on college and high school fields. The Oilers were at Jeppensen(?) and Rice Stadium until the 'discovery' of fake turf.

Now we have dingers and stingers. Just another term for rug burn! LOL

Texas Hammer
05-14-2005, 04:56 PM
Now we have dingers and stingers. Just another term for rug burn! LOL
Boy, the Astrodome and Vet Stadium in Philly were horrible for knee injuries.

lonny23
05-14-2005, 05:02 PM
Thanks for asking. I like living up here, but am surprised that housing costs more than SA. I wouldn't mind that except my housing allowance went down. I have a house half the size of my last house.

I've been real busy at work trying to fix stuff.

Until my divorce is finalized, I have to go down to SA to get my kids for the weekend since my wife refuses to go outside of the city to meet me. I want them permanently and will have them all summer, so you can expect me to take leave on Friday's to go to some of the games. I wouldn't go down there very often if it wasn't for the girls. The closest Judson gets to Wichita Falls is that game at Copperas Cove.

Super B
03-06-2012, 11:07 AM
Excluding Pennington, which I happen to think is a great place to watch HS games. #biased

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/simages/229.jpg
Small (HS): Dragon Stadium
Very nice. Right on top of the action. Something about the wrap around corners on both ends of Home side makes it seem so much more lively.

http://www.southernbleacher.com/images/facilities/universities/football/TX_SMU/TX_Smu1_l.jpg
Medium (Small College): Ford Field
Aside from the parking issues, Ford Field is perfect for watching HS playoff games. Great atmosphere being on campus of SMU. Not too big, not too small. Just right.

http://www.dallasnews.com/incoming/20120209-ns_18uilplayoffssatguyercrowda_17279925.jpg.ece/BINARY/w620x413/NS_18UILPLAYOFFSSATGUYERCROWDA_17279925.JPG
Large (Large College/NFL): Cowboys Stadium
For really BIG HS football events such as triple or quadruple headers or State Finals, this is the place to be. Great view from anywhere. Plenty of room, even when there is 60,000 fans there. The Great Equalizer. The Mega-Tron.

http://www.boxedlight.com/dlux4/images/texasstadium.jpg
From back in the day (no longer standing): Texas Stadium
I always thought Texas Stadium was the perfect place to watch HS football playoff games. To me the weather was just part of the experience. I would always bring plenty of blankets if it was really cold. The biggest reason though, is so many memories. I was at the JT-PESH game, Trinity-SLC, Trinity-Plano, Trinity-Bell, Cedar Hill-Plano West just to name a few. Many other games I did not go to. I really miss Texas Stadium for HS games.

PLANO4EVER
03-06-2012, 02:59 PM
There are many since 1973. Rose Stadium in Tyler. Stepping from the top of the Stadium and walking down to the field was a new experience back then. And to see The Tyler Rose, Earl Campbell destroy Plano in a Bi-District match-up that year was heart breaking at the time. But a pleasure to look back on. 1978 down at the Astrodome, watching Craig James and Houston Stratford dismantle a Plano team that had won State the year before. 1977, watching Plano and Port Nechos Groves along with 49,000 other people in Texas Stadium. The first time they had to open up the upper deck to take on an overflow crowd at a High School game.Floyd Casey with match ups against Temple. Out to Ratliff to watch Plano and Odessa Permian play. :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy . All of these Stadiums are apart of my childhood.And i couldnt think of a better way to grow up.

mamaCat
03-06-2012, 03:08 PM
Ford at SMU is amazing...although the parking and traffic can be a pain.Once you're in ...I love the way its below ground level.

trojanbacker
03-07-2012, 09:23 AM
I really like the Northwest ISD stadium. Very nice, modern, parking is good, nice size (seats 9,500), wide aisles, clean and plentiful bathrooms, monitors by the concessions so you can watch the game, etc.

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/simages/299.jpg

Mustangman21
03-07-2012, 02:48 PM
I always like pennington, it's not the prettiest stadium ever but it feels like you're right on top of the game.

Then I'll always love mustang-panther stadium, when we had grass in there it was just amazing. Old and small but I loved it

http://www.cadencemcshane.com/data/managed/653/mustang_panther_stadium.jpg

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/simages/280.jpg

http://www.spectrumscoreboards.com/Images/Intalls/GrapevineColleyville_350(wep6f3).jpg

dada
03-07-2012, 02:52 PM
1. Rhodes Stadium when Katy is playing......Stadium is "OK"....but the atmosphere is awesome.

2. Berry Center.......close to home and not a bad seat in the house

3. Tully Stadium......if you haven't been since the renovations...you're missing out.

4. Rice Stadium.........love sitting out there on a nice fall day.

Mustangman21
03-07-2012, 02:53 PM
Manny Pacquiao hittin some laps at MPS before his fight at Cowboys Stadium.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2mhu3c1.jpg

Texas Bob
03-11-2012, 08:05 AM
You take a good stadium, a great game that your team wins and it will become one of your favorite stadiums. My favorite Houston Area High School stadium is Darrel Tully Stadium

Many good upgrades in the past years, you can stand in the concession line and still see the game. Great parking lot management to maximize what the parking they have.

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=364

mamaCat
03-11-2012, 08:08 AM
I really like the Northwest ISD stadium. Very nice, modern, parking is good, nice size (seats 9,500), wide aisles, clean and plentiful bathrooms, monitors by the concessions so you can watch the game, etc.

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/simages/299.jpg
Always nice to attend a game there...they have great facilities for all sports.

KTSPORTSFAN
03-12-2012, 07:02 AM
BBVA Compass Stadium Houston,Txhttp://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/424006_10150569047471150_20105631149_9180872_45928 6641_n.jpg