PDA

View Full Version : Good Kickers

LP-79
05-09-2005, 01:57 PM
Since we live in the times of close football games, and overtime, does everybody have a good kicker? I know Lufkin has one of the best in the state in Jamie Fernandez. As far as punter, I have no clue! Since Javorski handled that last year. Maybe the coaches will line them up and let everybody try out for punter during spring drills!

Favpack
05-09-2005, 04:28 PM
Jaime Fernandez (pronouned Hymee) could be one of the very best kickers ever out of Texas HS football when he graduates in '07. Hartley was awfully good out of SLC in '03 - and will obviously start for OU next year.

SLC found out last year a punter meltdown can be a killer. Lufkin and alot of other schools are looking to replace good punters next year. Lufkin's options are not looking great right now from what I gather.

dragonsdaddy
05-09-2005, 04:43 PM
k ortega, slc kicker looks to be 5-8 yds stronger than last year. his fg's really boom off his foot. didn't see him ko, but i expect some touchbacks this year. haven't heard about a punter, but you can bet it's a priority off 1709 this spring.

ktchamp97
05-09-2005, 05:35 PM
Since we live in the times of close football games, and overtime, does everybody have a good kicker? I know Lufkin has one of the best in the state in Jamie Fernandez. As far as punter, I have no clue! Since Javorski handled that last year. Maybe the coaches will line them up and let everybody try out for punter during spring drills!

A punter? What do y'all need a punter for? ;)

LP-79
05-09-2005, 05:43 PM
If I remember correctly there were 2 games last year when we did not need punter. 1 game we lined up in punt formation then Javorski ran all the way for T.D.

drgnbkr
05-09-2005, 05:47 PM
Carroll struggled with the punt last year because we had 7 games, I believe, in which they ;) did not punt...hopefully the Dragons enter the season thinking that they will punt 5 times a game, even if it is'nt necessary...

PackAttack2005
05-09-2005, 06:58 PM
Lufkin is not hurting for a punter they have three possibilities in junior- Jamie Fernandez, junior- Blake Williams and sophomore Marshall White, brother of Michael White who was a senior on the 2003 Panther team.

Favpack
05-09-2005, 07:22 PM
Lufkin is not hurting for a punter they have three possibilities in junior- Jamie Fernandez, junior- Blake Williams and sophomore Marshall White, brother of Michael White who was a senior on the 2003 Panther team.

Jaime certainly has the leg strength - don't know about form - but I bet he gets the nod - he's got icewater in his veins - just like Ortega from SLC. Williams had ample chance to earn the job last year - we'll see - White is a year away - he makes Clint Renfro look stout :rolleyes:

cyfallsfootball
05-09-2005, 07:27 PM
our guy over here at cy falls (bry roby) is really good, i don't have ne states or nething sitting here in front of me but i know he's definantly a prime time player just check da super list of 06 players or w/e on da home page of this website :)

dragonsdaddy
05-09-2005, 07:28 PM
the name pretty much stands for punting. he should be great simply because of that.

cyfallsfootball
05-09-2005, 07:30 PM
yea, he excells at both but like you said the name is one that's known for punting

R.I.P Reggie Roby

Xfballphenome05
05-09-2005, 07:51 PM
we have 2 good kickers with david sweet and andrew sendejo,sweet usually handles the field goals and pat's,while sendejo is used on kickoffs..

adcwalker
05-10-2005, 10:46 AM
Cove's Kicker, Kyle Matthews was 13-5A Hororable Mention as a sophmore. Looks to be picking up where he left off at the end of the season. Punting duties will be handled by Garner the starting QB.

CoppellCowboy57
05-10-2005, 01:27 PM
Coppells Kicker Marty Zarte had a great season last year as a sophmore, struggled a bit at the end of the season, and hurt his knee the last game of the season. Should be interesting to see how he bounces back.

CyFallsMom
05-10-2005, 04:32 PM
Bry Roby is our kicker - he is Reggie Roby's son and if I remember correctly, he made all district and possibly all city. He is pretty good and hope he continues to do so this year. ;)

Favpack
05-10-2005, 06:43 PM
yea, he excells at both but like you said the name is one that's known for punting

R.I.P Reggie Roby

When/how did Reggie pass? He was a phenomenal NFL punter. I hope his son duplicates his success here in Texas for years to come.

Texas Hammer
05-11-2005, 01:39 AM
Kathy was a good kicker and she looked good, too!

You can forget about that Ray guy in Ace Ventura.

cyfallsfootball
05-11-2005, 08:12 AM
When/how did Reggie pass? He was a phenomenal NFL punter. I hope his son duplicates his success here in Texas for years to come.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/8218818

i don't really know too many paticulars but if you read up on that link above it says that he passed on feb. 22, 2004 but there is no clear cut cause of death listed, just says that his wife came home and found him unconscious and un-able to revive.

R.I.P. Reggie Roby

Bootsdaddy
05-11-2005, 10:12 PM
He was the only football player Ive ever seen wearing a watch during the game.

wide-e-wide
05-11-2005, 10:19 PM
Kathy was a good kicker and she looked good, too!

You can forget about that Ray guy in Ace Ventura.

Speaking of "Ray guy"...how about Ray Guy. Dude was a beast of
a punter. And one of the main reasons they started showing the "hang
time" clock in the NFL. I saw a piece NFL films did on him in the early 80's...when he kicked the ball it sounded like a freakin' 12g shotgun going
off.