PDA

View Full Version : Pray for T-Murph

wide-e-wide
10-03-2005, 11:13 PM
Did anyone see the hit Carolina put on Terrence Murphy in the second quarter. It was painful to watch...his head snapped back (helmet to helmet hit) and he was laying on the turf for about 10 minutes. They had to bring out the stretcher and carry him off...he still wasn't moving when the went into the tunnel. Brought back bad memories of "The Playmaker" being carried off the field.

I know I give aggy a lot of grief...but I would never poke fun of something like this. Murphy is an East Texas native...and really... I hope he is okay..and I will pray for him tonight.

Favpack
10-04-2005, 09:05 AM
As of halftime last night, Terrence (Tyler native) was taken to a hospital for a CAT scan. He reportedly was awake and had movement in all extremities. A really scary play. I pray that Terrence is ok, but haven't heard an update yet as of today, Tuesday. Maybe a Tyler forumite can update us soon.

garlandowl08
10-05-2005, 07:10 PM
I gotta hand it to wide, it took class and a lot of it to start a thread about a former Aggie. Good luck to T-Murph

wide-e-wide
10-05-2005, 07:16 PM
Wednesday and still no word. My wife saw the play too. And she had to turn away...I have searched the web...but all of the news is old...no updates?

Favpack
10-05-2005, 07:21 PM
Same here Wide - no real updates at all. I have to believe no news is good news. YOu would sure think if there were a major problem we'd hear about it. The Packers web site mentions the injury - but no updates. You'd think in this day and age - you could get a word out.

ThEgReAtOnE
10-05-2005, 07:45 PM
Terrence returned to Green Bay today. They'll kep an eye on him for a while...he's out indefinitely.

NFL Source...

Oct 5
After receiving treatment and undergoing tests for neck trauma, Murphy has been released from a Charlotte hospital and has returned to Green Bay. The receiver, who was taken off the field during Monday night's game against the Carolina Panthers following a hit by Thomas Davis, will be sidelined indefinitely, but the Packers hope to have him back at some point this season, according to head coach Mike Sherman.

Advice: The Packers will keep an eye on Murphy over the next couple of weeks to determine when he might be able to return. He has five catches for 36 yards in three games this season.

ThEgReAtOnE
10-06-2005, 07:01 PM
It just flashed on ESPN....T-Murphy is to miss the rest of the season, due to neck injury!!

LPMOM
10-06-2005, 07:06 PM
that was hard to watch. started praying right away and will continu to do so he can make a full recovery.

HeightsISwhereIstay
10-15-2005, 08:00 PM
i love the aggies and loved t-murph when he played for them and yes it was really hard to watch and i hope he has a safe recovery.