PDA

View Full Version : Parking at Ratliff

mojotrain
09-11-2007, 11:16 AM
Oh yeah, baby cakes we have parking. If you think you might as well stay home from the SLC vs Fla. game due to traffic congestion or no parking spaces, go west folks, go west. Iya 20 will lead you to Mighty Ratliff. Paved and chainlinked fence (free entry) for 6000 cars. Thats a guess. Check out Texas Bob's site for a birds eye view of the MOJO Diamond in the Desert. Easy in and easy out. It's not bent, bowed, broken or soiled. San Antonio to Ratliff a easy stroll across Texas on Iya 10, exit to MCCamey, Crane then Odessa. D/FW the only problem you will have will be getting out of D/FW and then getting back in.

Come on, we'll leave the light on for you.;)

JagDad07
09-11-2007, 11:17 AM
If there's one thing Midland/Odessa has plenty of, it's parking space. Of course, so does the Moon.

SLC13
09-11-2007, 11:28 AM
If there's one thing Midland/Odessa has plenty of, it's parking space. Of course, so does the Moon.
You made me choke on my coffee with that one, JD......... :D :D :D

The King
09-11-2007, 01:22 PM

Where do you think they practiced for lunar landings at.

Texas Bob
09-11-2007, 07:32 PM
Here is the link to the Ratliff Stadium pictures.

http://www.texasbob.com/travel/tbt_ratliff.html

I plan on being parked there early on October 19th for the original West Texas rivalry. The Odessa High Bronchos vs the Midland High Bulldogs.

mojoman21
09-11-2007, 08:59 PM
watch out for the rattle snakes, at last weeks game there were 2 on the visiting side.

jbusch
09-11-2007, 09:25 PM
watch out for the rattle snakes, at last weeks game there were 2 on the visiting side. Wearing Black & White Striped Shirts?????

Redhoss
09-11-2007, 09:50 PM
You made me choke on my coffee with that one, JD......... :D :D :D

Good thing you are drinking that stuff before lunch or I'd be worried :D

Redhoss
09-11-2007, 09:51 PM
I've seen those guys :rolleyes:

toddg
09-11-2007, 10:21 PM
watch out for the rattle snakes, at last weeks game there were 2 on the visiting side.

thats alright..iv already been bitten by a snake this month..heck im used to it now!:eek: :Censor:

mojotrain
09-11-2007, 10:23 PM

Well they are moving towards their dens now mostly out around the edge of the east parking lot. Most of them will be in dens by the time the game is over.

Although not as dangerous, the scorpions are out due to the wet weather. Hurts like heck but only for a short while.:eek:

TrojanFan4Life
09-11-2007, 10:26 PM
Well they are moving towards their dens now mostly out around the edge of the east parking lot. Most of them will be in dens by the time the game is over.

Although not as dangerous, the scorpions are out due to the wet weather. Hurts like heck but only for a short while.:eek:

Our fans do not bite and we are not looking for our dens :D

Seriously - are they bad? - I am bringing my kids and want to prepare them!

KattTx
09-11-2007, 10:27 PM
They killed a baby rattler in the junior high student section as well. They should be clearing out, but the wet weather combined with the stadium being mostly empty this summer has made an ideal home for them. Birds, babies, mice, and dry conditions...

Parking is great at Ratliff - getting into the lot is NOT. Do not expect to get into the lot after 5:45 with any kind of speed. Starting about 30 - 45 minutes before game time - the three entrances start to back up real bad. IF the OPD directs traffic, not as bad but still bad. It's feasible to sit for 30 minutes waiting to get in.

KattTx
09-11-2007, 10:28 PM

No, I wouldn't say bad. Just keep an eye out. Good thing about the rattlebugs - they make a little noise to let you know you are encroaching on their space. :p

TrojanFan4Life
09-11-2007, 10:36 PM
No, I wouldn't say bad. Just keep an eye out. Good thing about the rattlebugs - they make a little noise to let you know you are encroaching on their space. :p

we are little city folk - so we don't really see those things - maybe a grass snake every now and again.

we are leaving around 8:00 - 8:30 so we can get to the hotel and relax and eat before the can and we plan on being at the stadium early - what time will they open the gates to start letting cars in the lot?

KattTx
09-11-2007, 11:05 PM
we are little city folk - so we don't really see those things - maybe a grass snake every now and again.

we are leaving around 8:00 - 8:30 so we can get to the hotel and relax and eat before the can and we plan on being at the stadium early - what time will they open the gates to start letting cars in the lot?

I am putting together a Mojo/ET tailgate party before the game in the North end of the parking lot. Anywho... they told me the gates should be open by 4/4:30. We are planning on meeting about then. If you feel like moseying over, you can just walk around the North end from the visitor's side. I think at least one of the Hawgettes will be coming over to see us. :D

mojotrain
09-12-2007, 07:36 PM

:p No just getting a little sport out of city folks.:)

mojotrain
09-12-2007, 07:42 PM
They killed a baby rattler in the junior high student section as well. They should be clearing out, but the wet weather combined with the stadium being mostly empty this summer has made an ideal home for them. Birds, babies, mice, and dry conditions...

Parking is great at Ratliff - getting into the lot is NOT. Do not expect to get into the lot after 5:45 with any kind of speed. Starting about 30 - 45 minutes before game time - the three entrances start to back up real bad. IF the OPD directs traffic, not as bad but still bad. It's feasible to sit for 30 minutes waiting to get in.
Katt why upset the good fans from ET? The only one's I heard of were near the visitors side players bench:eek:

mojo61
09-12-2007, 08:00 PM
Katt why upset the good fans from ET? The only one's I heard of were near the visitors side players bench:eek:

Those were prob. put there. :D

The King
09-12-2007, 09:19 PM
Leave The Rattlesnakes alone. They are indigenous to the area, one of the few things that can survive in that harsh environment.

mojotrain
09-12-2007, 11:10 PM
Leave The Rattlesnakes alone. They are indigenous to the area, one of the few things that can survive in that harsh environment.

You do know us!

lonny23
09-12-2007, 11:35 PM
SLC brings a few snakes to each game!:p

lonny23
09-12-2007, 11:51 PM
This place is really underrated in Texas. We have seating for 17,000 and plenty more in the end zones in the grass. It really should get more playoff games. There is plenty of parking and the good thing is there are 3 ways in and out of the parking lots to make things faster.

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=683

If you guys are ever off the beaten path, check out the stadium at Spur. It's a concrete stadium built into the side of the hill and might be the largest 6-man stadium in the state. Bob needs a picture of this stadium. I might remember to take my digital camera the next time I head to Lubbock.

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=779