PDA

View Full Version : Aggies squeak by BAYLOR!!

FootballJunkie
10-01-2005, 03:28 PM
A@M looked bad against Baylor. Needed overtime to beat them at home no less!!

jtk1519
10-01-2005, 03:35 PM
Congrats to aggy for winning the Cellar Bowl. Good luck to Fran finding a new job.

KT2000
10-01-2005, 03:45 PM
The football gods saved the Aggies from further extreme embarassment today although needing OT to beat Baylor is bad enough. The play Lewis fumbled out of the back of the endzone should have been reviewed, and Baylor wins the game if they do look at it. I can't believe they didn't review that given what a key time in the game it was. Big time error on the replay guy's part.

A&M needs to get a lot better if they plan to compete with Texas this year. If the two played right now, the Longhorns would just destroy them. Anyone who believes otherwise is living in Frantasyland.

rich_pack
10-01-2005, 03:54 PM
I feel sorry for Reggie, he is getting no protection from his offensive line. And they should have had Javorskie Lane running the ball down their throats.

supercentex
10-01-2005, 04:06 PM
Told y'all a long time ago that Baylor is going to get better and better....it won't be long until they start really pulling some games in. They had this one in the bag....and let it go.

mtbray
10-01-2005, 05:26 PM
Told y'all a long time ago that Baylor is going to get better and better....it won't be long until they start really pulling some games in. They had this one in the bag....and let it go.

Not to be a complete jackass, but I think when you're at the bottom there's really nowhere to go but up.

FootballJunkie
10-01-2005, 06:12 PM

Baylor had their chances to win and really they should have. I think they are improving. From what I saw A@M is not a very good football team right now and should feel real lucky to have a W.

jtk1519
10-01-2005, 07:05 PM
I feel sorry for Reggie, he is getting no protection from his offensive line. And they should have had Javorskie Lane running the ball down their throats.

I know the Lufkin faithful will not like this, but I watched a bad team with a bad line, but I also saw a bad QB. No, Reggie doesnt have a lot of protection, but he was blowing wide open easy passes while under little pressure. He has no touch on his passes and it showed when he was overthrowing wide open WRs just 10 yards away. The latest reports I have seen on Reggie's draftability in the NFL says he might be a third round pick and a lot of scouts are projecting him as a WR. After watching this game, I see what the NFL scouts are seeing.

Reaganrattler07
10-01-2005, 08:56 PM
A&M played pretty well versus Clemson but it seems right after that, they just lost everything. They're underachieving at the moment.....they need to get their heads back on their shoulders and start playing.

Yes, if Texas played A&M, Texas would easily beat them. But if Texas played Virginia Tech or USC....that's a whole different story.

wide-e-wide
10-01-2005, 09:03 PM
If Mack really wanted to do it...
UT could drop 70 on aggy...
But he won't.

Reaganrattler07
10-01-2005, 09:13 PM
If Mack really wanted to do it...
UT could drop 70 on aggy...
But he won't.

Like he did LALA? Runs the score up to 0 and then goes "well, since we know they've been through a lot we'll just stop.".....if you really cared you wouldn't have run it up that high.

To be honest, Texas may be in a little surprise when the BCS polls come out...Texas' strength of schedule is pretty poor.

wide-e-wide
10-01-2005, 09:19 PM
They are undefeated...
And they will stay that way...
UT vs. USC in the Rose Bowl...everything else is pre-season.

and stop hatin'...you sound like aggy.

Strength of schedule is poor?
Dude you are an idiot...

Texas can't help it that the rest of the Big XII sucks...
They went into "the Shoe" and beat #4 Ohio St.
They still have OU and Tech left on their schedule...
and before the season started...people like you were dry humping
OU and aggy...saying that we will all be surprised...
Well...guess what Jimmy the Greek...I ain't surprised.
I'm surprised aggy has the nerve to even speak out loud....about anything not related to meat judging.

USC
UT
and Va Tech are all for real

deal with it.

Reaganrattler07
10-01-2005, 09:22 PM
They are undefeated...
And they will stay that way...
UT vs. USC in the Rose Bowl...everything else is pre-season.

and stop hatin'...you sound like aggy.

IF the sips make it that far, they will be decimated by USC.....the sips won't make it all the way, like i said, strength of schedule is goin' against them. Mack tried that trash last year....but it's gonna bite him in the rear this year.

mtbray
10-01-2005, 09:30 PM
Like he did LALA? Runs the score up to 0 and then goes "well, since we know they've been through a lot we'll just stop.".....if you really cared you wouldn't have run it up that high.

To be honest, Texas may be in a little surprise when the BCS polls come out...Texas' strength of schedule is pretty poor.

Sorry, but any time Matt Nordgren is the QB, it's not running up the score. If he wanted to do that he'd have Superman run the option all over them again and again.

mtbray
10-01-2005, 09:33 PM
IF the sips make it that far, they will be decimated by USC.....the sips won't make it all the way, like i said, strength of schedule is goin' against them. Mack tried that trash last year....but it's gonna bite him in the rear this year.

uhhhh....continue with this please....

just so that prior to looking like an ***, you clarify yourself.

Favpack
10-01-2005, 09:39 PM
A&M looked pretty bad - but you gotta admit Baylor looks much improved - they have a team that can actually compete a little.

I don't think A&M will beat Texas, OU or Tech at Lubbock. They simply don't look one bit better than last year.

USC almost lost today - UT would have been NO. 1 - USC is starting to look beatable - hard to believe but true.

Reaganrattler07
10-01-2005, 09:50 PM
uhhhh....continue with this please....

just so that prior to looking like an ***, you clarify yourself.

List Texas's "tough" oponents.....

wide-e-wide
10-01-2005, 09:51 PM
No it's an optical illusion...Baylor still sucks
aggy just made them look like the freakin' '85 Chicago Bears
Proof of that will be...UT beating Baylor by 50...

aggy just needs to swallow his pride..and admit...this team is horrible.
I said at the beginning of the season...4 wins...and I will stick with that prediction.

Believe me...they have nothing to brag about after today.

And USC is solid...but I think Texas can beat them...

wide-e-wide
10-01-2005, 09:54 PM
List Texas's "tough" oponents.....

OHIO STATE...IN OHIO...AT THE SHOE...
The Red River shootout...throw the records out the window...it's UT/OU and they hate each other...

Just so you will know...strength of schedule is used to promote a team...not as an excuse for losing...
Thus aggy should just shut up.
You went into overtime with Baylor...not once.......but TWICE....
If there was ever any doubt...aggy officially sucks.

Reaganrattler07
10-01-2005, 09:59 PM
The Red River shootout...throw the records out the window...it's UT/OU and they hate each other...

Just so you will know...strength of schedule is used to promote a team...not as an excuse for losing...

Do you all just believe one part of me exists and the other doesn't?

http://valuecarpetonline.com/virginia-tech-ar.jpg

You listed one tough team......like one of the pregame people were saying today. Texas has one tough game, Virginia Tech has more.

wide-e-wide
10-01-2005, 10:04 PM
I posted earlier...
USC
UT
and Va Tech are all for real...

I do think Vick is overrated...
and if his name were Marcus Smith...no one would know who he is...
and that's the truth...well everybody except the Hampton Police Dept...they would know who he is.

Reaganrattler07
10-01-2005, 10:05 PM
I posted earlier...
USC
UT

and that's the truth...well everybody except the Hampton Police Dept...they would know who he is.

Wasn't Michael the first pick in the draft? (Seriously, was he?)

Marcus looks much better than his brother...especially in passing. Running's about the same.

FootballJunkie
10-01-2005, 10:14 PM
I posted earlier...
USC
UT

That was cold... Actually he got in trouble in Blacksburg so Hampton PD still would not know him. Overated perhaps getting the job done...no question!!!

wide-e-wide
10-01-2005, 10:19 PM
Oh I beg to differ...
I lived in Va. Beach when Marcus was in high school.
He was suspended from the team twice for bad behavior....
Once for evading arrest and the second time for public intoxication...

I think the Hampton and Newport News PD know Marcus quite well.

Quick trivia...

Who are Mike Vick's two famous cousins...and what position did they play in HS?

FootballJunkie
10-01-2005, 10:24 PM
Oh I beg to differ...

I think the Hampton PD knows Marcus quite well.

Quick trivia...

Oh yea you must have been in the Navy then..Im from Chesapeake originally. Anyway I left before he was in high school but he is from Newport News, I guess he got around a little. I think one of his cousins is ronald curry I'm not sure though.

Texasfrog
10-01-2005, 10:32 PM
Oh I beg to differ...

I think the Hampton and Newport News PD know Marcus quite well.

Quick trivia...

I was at Little Creek the sametime. You didnt even hear much about Mike Vick at the time.. it was all Ronald Curry at Hampton.

FootballJunkie
10-01-2005, 10:34 PM
I was at Little Creek the sametime. You didnt even hear much about Mike Vick at the time.. it was all Ronald Curry at Hampton.

You are so right. The whole state was mad when he went to UNC. Beamer snuck in the back door and took Vick. I think he got the best of the deal considering Curry was hurt most of his career.

wide-e-wide
10-01-2005, 10:34 PM
Yep...I lived in Norfolk/Va Beach from 99-2001...

The two famous cousins are

Aaron Brooks ...Saints QB
Allen Iverson ...Sixers super star

And Iverson was a QB in HS...nicknamed Bubba Chunk....because he would just throw the ball as hard as he could anytime he got in trouble...he was pretty good though.

I went to Iverson's 21st birthday party ...on Jefferson Ave. in Newport News...It was................how can I say.........ummmm...WILD...
Don't know if you are a big hip-hop fan...but Da Brat was there...Timbaland and Magoo (also Hampton Roads natives) Jay -Z (went to HS in Churchland)
and a laundry list of others.

Reaganrattler07
10-01-2005, 10:35 PM
Well, Marcus didn't exactly come from one of the best neighborhoods in Newport News....

wide-e-wide
10-01-2005, 10:37 PM
Hey Frog...you ever been to the enlisted club at Dam Neck?
It is nice...
they have a big wooden deck right on the beach...
Serve adult (alcohol) sno-cones on the beach..
I used to take my daughter to the beach there all the time...
Very cool...

Texasfrog
10-01-2005, 10:39 PM
You are so right. The whole state was mad when he went to UNC. Beamer snuck in the back door and took Vick. I think he got the best of the deal considering Curry was hurt most of his career.

Ya.. that and the two sport (football / B-Ball) really hurt Curry development. Although I didnt think he was Mr. super player. I saw Curry about 4 times in High school for the Hampton Crappers.

I remember going to games and everyone in the stands yelling and screaming how Curry was the best player in America and the Hampton team was the #1 team in America.

They were the best team in Virginia at the time along with Deep Creek.

FootballJunkie
10-01-2005, 10:39 PM
Yep...I lived in Norfolk/Va Beach from 99-2001...

The two famous cousins are

Aaron Brooks ...Saints QB
Allen Iverson ...Sixers super star

And Iverson was a QB in HS...nicknamed Bubba Chunk....because he would just throw the ball as hard as he could anytime he got in trouble...he was pretty good though.

I went to Iverson's 21st birthday party ...on Jefferson Ave. in Newport News...It was................how can I say.........ummmm...WILD...
Don't know if you are a big hip-hop fan...but Da Brat was there...Timbaland and Magoo (also Hampton Roads natives) Jay -Z (went to HS in Churchland)
and a laundry list of others.

Not to get way off topic but I graduated from Western Branch high school over there. Back when we use the kill the peninsula schools on a regular basis except for Hampton anyway. I don't even really remember Brooks but Iverson I remember from his espisode in the Bowling alley. As the other guy posted I'm sure you remember Ronald Curry being recruited and Vick being way under the radar.

Texasfrog
10-01-2005, 10:42 PM
Hey Frog...you ever been to the enlisted club at Dam Neck?
It is nice...
they have a big wooden deck right on the beach...
Serve adult (alcohol) sno-cones on the beach..
I used to take my daughter to the beach there all the time...
Very cool...

What's up Wide ?? I've been to Dam Neck many times for training. I've never been to the E-Club there. I did eat a few times at the Club right on the beach off the main road. Not really sure if it was the Club or not.

I mostly hung out at the Va Beach Blvd and I also went into town around Old Dominion at a few clubs.

FootballJunkie
10-01-2005, 10:45 PM
You guys spent alot of time out at Ocean View I bet ;)

wide-e-wide
10-01-2005, 10:49 PM
That's the same club...the one on the main road on base...it's nice huh? Compared to Norfolk...

Va. Beach Blvd...?
let me think....
I lived on Laskin Rd...right off of Lynnhaven...know where that is?

I'll just name all the spots we used to hit...

Peabody's in Va. Beach
Hammerheads on the strip
Knickerbockers...on Granby I think...
Kelly's tavern in Va. Beach off Laskin
Bar Norfolk ...down by Nauticus
Have a nice day
Jillian's ...awesome place
the e-club at NOB was Pier 26....and it sucked...
the one over at Oceana was cool though...they had
99cent can beer when NFL games were on.

Reaganrattler07
10-01-2005, 10:52 PM
That's the same club...the one on the main road on base...it's nice huh? Compared to Norfolk...

Va. Beach Blvd...?
let me think....
I lived on Laskin Rd...right off of Lynnhaven...know where that is?

I'll just name all the spots we used to hit...

Peabody's in Va. Beach
Hammerheads on the strip
Knickerbockers...on Granby I think...
Kelly's tavern in Va. Beach off Laskin
Bar Norfolk ...down by Nauticus
Have a nice day
Jillian's ...awesome place
the e-club at NOB was Pier 26....and it sucked...
the one over at Oceana was cool though...they had
99cent can beer when NFL games were on.

Isn't canned beer bad or something?

wide-e-wide
10-01-2005, 10:55 PM
You guys spent alot of time out at Ocean View I bet ;)

hahahahahaha

Nope never heard of it...

hahahahahaha

you mean the one that connects with Shore Dr.....?
never been there...well there was that one night...but I didn't want to go they made me.

FootballJunkie
10-01-2005, 10:56 PM
hahahahahaha

Nope never heard of it...

hahahahahaha

you mean the one that connects with Shore Dr.....?
never been there...well there was that one night...but I didn't want to go they made me.
Yea, Yea, Yea ;)

Texasfrog

Hey Wide... Texas will have some teams on the schedule that rank up there.

Ohio St. was #4
Oklahoma will probably be about #25 this week.
Colorado will be a top #25 next week after they kill Tx A&M.
Texas Tech will be about #15.

Plus, if Texas makes it to the Big-12 title game. Whoever they play will probably be a Top #25 team. I'm thinking right now it will be a rematch with Colorado.

PS. Even though they dont play.. Nebraska just beat Iowa St. Not bad since Iowa St destroyed Iowa (Big-10 team). So, Nebraska will probably be about #24 this week since they're (4-0). Even though Tx Tech is getting ready to take it to them this coming week.

wide-e-wide
Isn't canned beer bad or something?

admins please punish Skins for saying beer and bad in the same sentence.

wide-e-wide
10-01-2005, 10:58 PM
Hey Wide... Texas will have some teams on the schedule that rank up there.

Ohio St. was #4
Oklahoma will probably be about #25 this week.
Colorado will be a top #25 next week after they kill Tx A&M.
Texas Tech will be about #15.

Plus, if Texas makes it to the Big-12 title game. Whoever they play will probably be a Top #25 team. I'm thinking right now it will be a rematch with Colorado.

I know...but before the season started...it was ....Shut up sips...you gotta beat OU...and aggy isn't gonna be easy...and yadda...yadda...

Now it's ...
Oh well your strength of schedule is poor...c'mon dog...let's be real

Texasfrog
10-01-2005, 11:12 PM
I know...but before the season started...it was ....Shut up sips...you gotta beat OU...and aggy isn't gonna be easy...and yadda...yadda...

Now it's ...
Oh well your strength of schedule is poor...c'mon dog...let's be real

I know.. all these Monday morning QB's kill me. The sad truth is Oklahoma will probably be a top #25 by the end of November (no matter what happens this week). I dont think they'll lose another game after Texas.

Colorado will probably run the table after Texas beats them and they will finish about #19th with a (9-2) record and hopefully playing Texas in the Big-12 title game.

Texas Tech will finish in the top #25.

So, these people yelling and screaming that Texas doesnt play anybody kill me. Texas will probably play 5 teams that will be Top #25 teams before the Bowl game.

jtk1519
10-01-2005, 11:15 PM
Strength of schedule will in no way hurt Texas... maybe the opposite. Out of 119 Div. 1AA teams, Texas' strength of schedule is ranked the 8th toughest in the nation. By comparison, USC's SOS is ranked #12 and Virginia Tech's is ranked #33.

wide-e-wide
10-01-2005, 11:15 PM
I know.. all these Monday morning QB's kill me. The sad truth is Oklahoma will probably be a top #25 by the end of November (no matter what happens this week). I dont think they'll lose another game after Texas.

Colorado will probably run the table after Texas beats them and they will finish about #19th with a (9-2) record and hopefully playing Texas in the Big-12 title game.

Texas Tech will finish in the top #25.

So, these people yelling and screaming that Texas doesnt play anybody kill me. Texas will probably play 5 teams that will be Top #25 teams before the Bowl game.

exactly...

now back to the clubs...in miltary towns..

Texasfrog
10-01-2005, 11:20 PM
exactly...

now back to the clubs...in miltary towns..

Man, that list could be long and very ugly.. :D

Reaganrattler07
10-01-2005, 11:23 PM
admins please punish Skins for saying beer and bad in the same sentence.

Haha, I meant like don't people prefer beer in the bottle as opposed a can? Cause my dad's friends when they're over prefer bottled as opposed to canned.

wide-e-wide
10-01-2005, 11:26 PM
Haha, I meant like don't people prefer beer in the bottle as opposed a can? Cause my dad's friends when they're over prefer bottled as opposed to canned.

Me personally...my theory has always been...
Miller Lite is the best...
but FREE BEER is the best beer in the world..can or not...I won't complain...

Reaganrattler07
10-01-2005, 11:27 PM
Strength of schedule will in no way hurt Texas... maybe the opposite. Out of 119 Div. 1AA teams, Texas' strength of schedule is ranked the 8th toughest in the nation. By comparison, USC's SOS is ranked #12 and Virginia Tech's is ranked #33.

What exactly is the date on this information?

You all play one more ranked team - Texas Tech. The only other ranked team you all played was Ohio State.

Virginia Tech played then ranked #15 Georgia Tech, and beat them handily. They will play #21 ranked Boston College, #9 Miami, and No. 19 Virginia (they may not be ranked anymore however).

That's still more than the sips I'm afraid....

Reaganrattler07
10-01-2005, 11:28 PM
Me personally...my theory has always been...
Miller Lite is the best...
but FREE BEER is the best beer in the world..can or not...I won't complain...

Well, I've never drunk any so I can't speculate....

wide-e-wide
10-01-2005, 11:28 PM
Man, that list could be long and very ugly.. :D

Oh it could become quite ugly bro...
just wanted to know if we hit some of the same spots...

Forgive me...but I forgot...what is your rate frog?
I mean I know you are a SEAL but....what was your original rate.

I was a PN....hahahahaha

Reaganrattler07
10-01-2005, 11:29 PM

You all play one more ranked team - Texas Tech. The only other ranked team you all played was Ohio State.

Virginia Tech played then ranked #15 Georgia Tech, and beat them handily. They will play #21 ranked Boston College, #9 Miami, and No. 19 Virginia (they may not be ranked anymore however).

I also forgot to add that USC has 5 ranked teams....they've played two of them.

Texasfrog
10-01-2005, 11:33 PM

Miami --- Ohio St
Ga Tech -- Tx Tech
BC -- Colorado (they'll be ranked next week).
Va ?? -- Oklahoma

Nuff said right .....

Reaganrattler07
10-01-2005, 11:37 PM
Miami --- Ohio St
Ga Tech -- Tx Tech
BC -- Colorado (they'll be ranked next week).
Va ?? -- Oklahoma

Nuff said right .....

I honestly wanna know what the heck you are smoking if you think Tx Tech, Colorado and Oklahoma actually match up with them.

wide-e-wide
10-01-2005, 11:39 PM
I honestly wanna know what the heck you are smoking if you think Tx Tech, Colorado and Oklahoma actually match up with them.

Dude...Texas Tech would beat the brakes off of the Ramblin' wreck from Georgia Tech...

Reaganrattler07
10-01-2005, 11:42 PM
Dude...Texas Tech would beat the brakes off of the Ramblin' wreck from Georgia Tech...

And Boston College and Miami? I still doubt Texas Tech could beat Georgia Tech.

How many Big XII teams are in the top 15?

mtbray
10-01-2005, 11:43 PM
Canned beer is a lot better than bottled, especially if you're a college student.

1) Canned beer gets cold in the beer trough faster.
2) You cannot shotgun a bottle.
3) You cannot teen wolf a bottle.
4) You cannot make a hole in your bottle so that the beer flows out hella smooth.
5) When you've had too many, cans can't be used in a harmful way.
6) I've never heard of anyone playing "kick the bottle."

:D

Reaganrattler07
10-01-2005, 11:46 PM
Canned beer is a lot better than bottled, especially if you're a college student.

1) Canned beer gets cold in the beer trough faster.
2) You cannot shotgun a bottle.
3) You cannot teen wolf a bottle.
4) You cannot make a hole in your bottle so that the beer flows out hella smooth.
5) When you've had too many, cans can't be used in a harmful way.
6) I've never heard of anyone playing "kick the bottle."

:D

Wow....I actually didn't expect a response like that but ok! But like I said, my dad's friends (older people obviously) don't like canned beer as much....claim it tastes different or something.

Texasfrog
10-01-2005, 11:48 PM

Ok.. you obviously dont live on this planet if you dont think that:

Texas Tech couldnt beat Ga Tech.
Ohio st couldnt bea Miami (especially at the Shoe).
Colorado and Boston College (toss up game).
Virginia and Oklahoma.. I think OU would beat them handdown.

Also.. dont pound you chest over Va Tech beating a Ga Tech team who just had their starting QB get out of the damn hospital the day before the game.

Texasfrog
10-01-2005, 11:51 PM
Oh it could become quite ugly bro...
just wanted to know if we hit some of the same spots...

Forgive me...but I forgot...what is your rate frog?
I mean I know you are a SEAL but....what was your original rate.

I was a PN....hahahahaha

IS.. long boring rate that's hard to advance in. The only saving grace is I didnt have to work in my rate much doing the job that I had.

Reaganrattler07
10-01-2005, 11:52 PM

Also.. dont pound you chest over Va Tech beating a Ga Tech team who just had their starting QB get out of the damn hospital the day before the game.

Ga. Tech should've had their backup in then....if you start him then you void that excuse of him being in the hospital. And seriously, they way the game went....our offense and special teams scored enough to put the game away. It wasn't until late that he threw back to back interceptions that were brought back for TDs.

And the ACC is much better than the Big XII.

mtbray
10-01-2005, 11:55 PM
Wow....I actually didn't expect a response like that but ok! But like I said, my dad's friends (older people obviously) don't like canned beer as much....claim it tastes different or something.

They would be right, it does taste a little different. There's just too many good things about canned beer though not to drink it. Plus, if I was thaaat worried about taste, I'd just meet with Mr. Makers Mark.

Reaganrattler07
10-01-2005, 11:58 PM
They would be right, it does taste a little different. There's just too many good things about canned beer though not to drink it. Plus, if I was thaaat worried about taste, I'd just meet with Mr. Makers Mark.

Dunno what Mr. Makers Mark is....

My dad told me there as really no difference but some people could just "tell" that it was from the can. Which, I can believe, if beer is anythign like soft drinks. Canned soft-drink tastes far different than the bottle or even the fountain...

mtbray
10-02-2005, 12:13 AM
Dunno what Mr. Makers Mark is....

My dad told me there as really no difference but some people could just "tell" that it was from the can. Which, I can believe, if beer is anythign like soft drinks. Canned soft-drink tastes far different than the bottle or even the fountain...

Gotta agree w/ya there. NOTHING is as good as fountain Dr. Pepper!!!

wide-e-wide
10-02-2005, 12:17 AM
You guys are right...
can beer does have a slightly different taste...
and if my money is right I will buy bottled...over canned...

and if my money is really right....I will buy Corona and lime...and .................................................. .................................................. .............standby

I will consume mass quantities of that liquid gold...

jtk1519
10-02-2005, 12:20 AM
You guys are right...
can beer does have a slightly different taste...
and if my money is right I will buy bottled...over canned...

and if my money is really right....I will buy Corona and lime...and .................................................. .................................................. .............standby

I will consume mass quantities of that liquid gold...

Funny. I dont like bottles and will go for cans every time. The only exception is Mich. Ultra which is horrible in a can but decent in a bottle. Imports are also better in bottles. However, nothing beats an ice cold Miller Lite tallboy... unless it's a six pack of Miller Lite tallboys. :cool:

Reaganrattler07
10-02-2005, 12:24 AM
Gotta agree w/ya there. NOTHING is as good as fountain Dr. Pepper!!!

Yeah, NOTHING can beat fountain Dr. Pepper....before I die, I wanna get a little hose and jsut fill my mouth up with it....that, and eat some other stuff but Dr. Pepper would have to be there beside me...

wide-e-wide
10-02-2005, 12:26 AM
Funny. I dont like bottles and will go for cans every time. The only exception is Mich. Ultra which is horrible in a can but decent in a bottle. Imports are also better in bottles. However, nothing beats an ice cold Miller Lite tallboy... unless it's a six pack of Miller Lite tallboys. :cool:

Drinkin' a freakin' Miller Lite tallboy right now jtk...hahahahah
4.29 a six pack at HEB...you can't beat that...do the math...
buy you three six packs...and add it up?
I beat Miller's *** every weekend...they try to husltle me...but I'm to
quick for 'em...

Reaganrattler07
10-02-2005, 12:29 AM
Drinkin' a freakin' Miller Lite tallboy right now jtk...hahahahah
4.29 a six pack at HEB...you can't beat that...do the math...
buy you three six packs...and add it up?
I beat Miller's *** every weekend...they try to husltle me...but I'm to
quick for 'em...

...4.29?! that's kinda expensive, isn't it? a 32 pack of Dr. Pepper at Costco is like 10 bucks!

wide-e-wide
10-02-2005, 12:43 AM
4.29 a six pack...is a good deal
a normal beer is 12oz...tallboys are 16oz

so if you buy 3 six packs at 4.89....total...with tax...17.50...okay?

well do the math...

for every six you buy ...you get 2 free..if you add up the oz's...
so if you buy 3 six packs...that's +72oz....which equates to 6 beers...added to your original 18 ...makes 24....that's a case...right?...

Well a case at HEB is 17.99 without tax....

I just beat the system by buying in bulk....

and they say beer drinkers are dumb...
that's math baby...

FootballJunkie
10-02-2005, 12:51 AM

Put the brakes on Wide... regardless of the QB it was their defense (GT) that gave up the points plus VTech scored 3 td's on defense including block FG. QB had nothing to do with that. I would brag about ACC team beating A@M but since they are not that good I won't bring it up. Texas Tech could beat Ga Tech but not Miami or Fl. State. Besides Texas their is no one in Big 12 that can compete with top three in ACC so lets be real now. ie Colorado :D
Va Tech is for real, ACC is better than Big XII and USC will lose before season is over so UT will face either VTech of Fl State so don't talk bad yet!!!

Reaganrattler07
10-02-2005, 12:54 AM
Put the brakes on Wide... regardless of the QB it was their defense (GT) that gave up the points plus VTech scored 3 td's on defense including block FG. QB had nothing to do with that. I would brag about ACC team beating A@M but since they are not that good I won't bring it up. Texas Tech could beat Ga Tech but not Miami or Fl. State. Besides Texas their is no one in Big 12 that can compete with top three in ACC so lets be real now. ie Colorado :D
Va Tech is for real, ACC is better than Big XII and USC will lose before season is over so UT will face either VTech of Fl State so don't talk bad yet!!!

I'd much rahter play Texas than USC....

Reaganrattler07
10-02-2005, 12:55 AM

so if you buy 3 six packs at 4.29....total...with tax...17.50...okay?

well do the math...

so if you buy 3 six packs...that's +72oz....which equates to 6 beers...added to your original 18 ...makes 24....that's a case...right?...

that's math baby...
And Wideman made A's in math............hahahahaha

You proved'em wrong Wide.....

But don't you all have like a Costco or something and you could just buy it by the BULK (the real bulk)?

wide-e-wide
10-02-2005, 01:07 AM
Costco,Wallgreens.CVS,Eckerds.....are built for convenience....not cheap...super markets are always your best bet....

as far as buying in bulk...
Military bases....
go to the package store....(class 6)
you will always save 3-4 dollars.

Buying in bulk...you can save 25-30 bucks...

Reaganrattler07
10-02-2005, 01:12 AM
Costco,Wallgreens.CVS,Eckerds.....are built for convenience....not cheap...super markets are always your best bet....

as far as buying in bulk...
Military bases....
go to the package store....(class 6)
you will always save 3-4 dollars.

Buying in bulk...you can save 25-30 bucks...

Yeah, base stores are better....but I'll take Costco over H-E-B though....

Texasfrog
10-02-2005, 11:06 AM

Football is a "Team" sport. So, if the offense isnt running on all cyclinders it affects the defense. Offense is going 3 and out alot.. the defense cant keep up being on the field alot.

Dont get me wrong though. I believe Va Tech is better then Ga Tech 99% of the time this season.

Second.. I wouldnt be so quick to say that Miami or Fla St are better then Texas Tech. Texas Tech is a team that doesnt get much respect but they will sneak up on you and bite you in the butt when you dont expect it. Frankly, I think Tx Tech could hang with both (Miami and Fla St) and play a pretty good game that would be a 50-50 toss-up game.

Miami just beat Colorado by 20 pts in Miami.. Honestly I think Texas Tech would beat Colorado by alot more in Lubbock.

Texas Tech is better then you and alot of people think. In fact as a Horns fan they scare me.

Third.. its about comparing Texas schedule vs Va Tech schedule.. Both are about the same overall with the overall level of competition.

I also think its very debatable right now on which Conference (Big-12) or (ACC) is better. The early half of the season indicates the ACC might be slightly better but we'll see how things shake out.

Clemson had to beat Tx A&M on a last second FG at Clemson. Both teams are looking like mid-level Conference teams in both Conferences.

KT2000
10-02-2005, 12:45 PM
Redskins, as far as your schedule argument goes...Texas has a higher SOS rating than both USC and VT. But by all means, don't let the facts get in the way of your clear anti-Texas bias.

VT is the current flavor of the week, but that may not last after they play Miami and go to Virginia. I like watching the Hokies, but don't see them winning out. West Virginia was undefeated, but they played a schedule that'd rival that of what Texas Tech has played so far...not very impressive.

FootballJunkie
10-02-2005, 12:50 PM
Football is a "Team" sport. So, if the offense isnt running on all cyclinders it affects the defense. Offense is going 3 and out alot.. the defense cant keep up being on the field alot.

Dont get me wrong though. I believe Va Tech is better then Ga Tech 99% of the time this season.

Second.. I wouldnt be so quick to say that Miami or Fla St are better then Texas Tech. Texas Tech is a team that doesnt get much respect but they will sneak up on you and bite you in the butt when you dont expect it. Frankly, I think Tx Tech could hang with both (Miami and Fla St) and play a pretty good game that would be a 50-50 toss-up game.

Miami just beat Colorado by 20 pts in Miami.. Honestly I think Texas Tech would beat Colorado by alot more in Lubbock.

Texas Tech is better then you and alot of people think. In fact as a Horns fan they scare me.

Third.. its about comparing Texas schedule vs Va Tech schedule.. Both are about the same overall with the overall level of competition.

I also think its very debatable right now on which Conference (Big-12) or (ACC) is better. The early half of the season indicates the ACC might be slightly better but we'll see how things shake out.

Clemson had to beat Tx A&M on a last second FG at Clemson. Both teams are looking like mid-level Conference teams in both Conferences.

Might indicate the ACC is slightly better??? Give me a break the Big XII sucks wind big time this year. Take Texas away and what is left?? Nada, Nothing at all. Texas Tech give them second place only because no one else out there to be second or maybe Texas A@M beating baylor in OT at home and looking real bad doing it...yea right. Iowa St perhaps that big win they had over Iowa does not seem so big considering we now see how bad Iowa really was. You tell me what is to debate about. There is Texas at the top then everybody else and that is the extent of the Big XII this year.

FootballJunkie
10-02-2005, 12:55 PM
Redskins, as far as your schedule argument goes...Texas has a higher SOS rating than both USC and VT. But by all means, don't let the facts get in the way of your clear anti-Texas bias.

VT is the current flavor of the week, but that may not last after they play Miami and go to Virginia. I like watching the Hokies, but don't see them winning out. West Virginia was undefeated, but they played a schedule that'd rival that of what Texas Tech has played so far...not very impressive.

Texas strength of schedule I mean they have only played 1 ranked team and the only other one on the schedule is Texas Tech give me a break. VT plays BC,Miami, and VA all ranked plus Ga Tech at the time plus more than likely undefeated Fl State team in ACC championship. If I were Texas I would hope VT loses otherwise you will be like Auburn last year if you want to go by strength of schedule.

dada
10-02-2005, 01:26 PM
Texas strength of schedule I mean they have only played 1 ranked team and the only other one on the schedule is Texas Tech give me a break. VT plays BC,Miami, and VA all ranked plus Ga Tech at the time plus more than likely undefeated Fl State team in ACC championship. If I were Texas I would hope VT loses otherwise you will be like Auburn last year if you want to go by strength of schedule.
PLAYED on ranked team...whose to say those teams that VT plays will still be ranked WHEN they play them? BC will lose to the big schools in the ACC. Strenth of schedule was taken out of the BCS...Texas is #2 until they loose. If they both run the table....trust me....UT will go to the Rose Bowl before VT.

garlandowl08
10-02-2005, 03:17 PM

so if you buy 3 six packs at 4.29....total...with tax...17.50...okay?

well do the math...

that's math baby...
And Wideman made A's in math............hahahahaha

This weekend in B/CS i heard about HEB selling a case of beer for 8 bucks...it was prolly trash beer though...still

garlandowl08
10-02-2005, 03:22 PM
Even if Virginia Tech's schedule is better than Texas' (which there is a definate argument that it's not) who's, to say that that will keep Texas out of the championship. Most would agree that Auburn was way better than ou last year...but who did we see in the orange bowl?

DragonNation
10-02-2005, 06:38 PM
It is going to come down to who is the media darling at the end of the season. An east coast vs. west coast match-up would be certainly have the network guys excited.

R. Bush vs. V. Young will probably keep Texas in the hunt if all three teams end up undefeated.

KT2000
10-02-2005, 07:05 PM
If it's a business decision at the end, I have to think Texas and their ridiculously huge and wealthy alumni base would definitely be welcome guests back at the Rose Bowl. 3/4s of that stadium was burn orange last year.

I think the fact that Texas played at Ohio State will be what pushes them over the top if USC, Texas and VT all run the table. In an era when no one is scheduling very challenging games in non-conference anymore, that could be what puts Texas over the top...especially if Ohio State wins the Big 10.

USC and VT won't have any wins near that profile to help boost their ratings. Plus, USC doesn't get to play a conference championship either and that's what prevented them from playing in the actual title game during Carson Palmer's senior year.

FootballJunkie
10-02-2005, 07:14 PM
If it's a business decision at the end, I have to think Texas and their ridiculously huge and wealthy alumni base would definitely be welcome guests back at the Rose Bowl. 3/4s of that stadium was burn orange last year.

I think the fact that Texas played at Ohio State will be what pushes them over the top if USC, Texas and VT all run the table. In an era when no one is scheduling very challenging games in non-conference anymore, that could be what puts Texas over the top...especially if Ohio State wins the Big 10.

USC and VT won't have any wins near that profile to help boost their ratings. Plus, USC doesn't get to play a conference championship either and that's what prevented them from playing in the actual title game during Carson Palmer's senior year.

I agree that Texas would fill the stadium and OSU was a big win but if VT runs the table that will mean beating Miami and FL State in the same season both of which will be prime time games so I don't agree that the OSU game will overshadow that considering that was September. Still alot of football to be played so alot can happen. USC better stop spotting people big leads or that will catch up with them before its over with.

VB Pack Fan
10-02-2005, 07:16 PM
Hey I thought this thread was about the AGGIES and BAYLOR, I was at the game and Reggie was not at his best. jtk1519 I don,t think Reggie will play wr in the pros. He can be a qb with the right coaching, he,s got all the tools. Faster than V Young and a better arm , just not on as good of team.I don,t think he will be a first rounder either but he can make it, just got to want it bad enough.

Texasfrog
10-02-2005, 07:27 PM
Might indicate the ACC is slightly better??? Give me a break the Big XII sucks wind big time this year. Take Texas away and what is left?? Nada, Nothing at all. Texas Tech give them second place only because no one else out there to be second or maybe Texas A@M beating baylor in OT at home and looking real bad doing it...yea right. Iowa St perhaps that big win they had over Iowa does not seem so big considering we now see how bad Iowa really was. You tell me what is to debate about. There is Texas at the top then everybody else and that is the extent of the Big XII this year.

Oh ya, I almost forgot.. Clemson had to beat an average Big-12 team (Tx A&M) on a last play FG to win @ Clemson.

Then Clemson took the mighty Miami to what ?? 2 OT and should of beat them at Clemson also.

Hmmm.. you're right the ACC is clearly better then the Big-12.. To you in your World.

I would still put the top 4 Big-12 teams up against the top 4 ACC teams anyday and feel like the games would be fairly evenly matched.

Now go watch Clemson take the mighty Miami to 2OT and keep convincing yourself that Miami is a power.

That's also the same Miami that beat Colorado 23-3 at Miami. We'll see how many Big-12 teams beat Colorado ok.

FootballJunkie
10-02-2005, 07:44 PM
Oh ya, I almost forgot.. Clemson had to beat an average Big-12 team (Tx A&M) on a last play FG to win @ Clemson.

Then Clemson took the mighty Miami to what ?? 2 OT and should of beat them at Clemson also.

Hmmm.. you're right the ACC is clearly better then the Big-12.. To you in your World.

I would still put the top 4 Big-12 teams up against the top 4 ACC teams anyday and feel like the games would be fairly evenly matched.

Now go watch Clemson take the mighty Miami to 2OT and keep convincing yourself that Miami is a power.

That's also the same Miami that beat Colorado 23-3 at Miami. We'll see how many Big-12 teams beat Colorado ok.

Ok I would love to see that VT,Miami,Fl State, you pick the fourth team vs UT, Texas Tech, and going by the records Nebraska and Colorado oops cant use them they already lost so lets try Iowas St. I would bet the House the ACC would come out of that 3 and 1 at worst. Colorado had like no chance were never in the game. Oh look at that offensive power Texas Tech only scoring 30 on Kansas...guess it's different when you actually play a D-1 school. Oh is Kansas D-1 :D

Texasfrog
10-02-2005, 07:46 PM

Wait it's getting better there Junkie..

Nebraska = 31Wake Forest = 3 * probably the 7th best Big12 team.

Wake Forest = 31
Clemson = 27

Miami = 36 OT
Clemson = 30

Miami = 23
Colorado = 3 * probably the * 5th best Big12 team.

Clemson = 25
Tx A&M = 24 * probably the 8th best Big12 team.

Dang.. I take it back Junkie.. I think the Big-12 is better then the ACC slightly..

Texasfrog
10-02-2005, 07:48 PM
Ok I would love to see that VT,Miami,Fl State, you pick the fourth team vs UT, Texas Tech, and going by the records Nebraska and Colorado oops cant use them they already lost so lets try Iowas St. I would bet the House the ACC would come out of that 3 and 1 at worst. Colorado had like no chance were never in the game. Oh look at that offensive power Texas Tech only scoring 30 on Kansas...guess it's different when you actually play a D-1 school. Oh is Kansas D-1 :D

Looks like Nebraska and Tx A&M would be about 5th & 6th in the ACC doesnt it.

Nebraska blew out Wake Forest and Tx A&M lost in the last second to Clemson at Clemson on a FG.

Texasfrog
10-02-2005, 07:51 PM

Ooopps, if you're going to knock Nebraska you better go tell Wake Forest. Nebraksa killed them.

That's the same Wake Forest that beat Clemson.

FootballJunkie
10-02-2005, 07:54 PM
Looks like Nebraska and Tx A&M would be about 5th & 6th in the ACC doesnt it.

Nebraska blew out Wake Forest and Tx A&M lost in the last second to Clemson at Clemson on a FG.

No more like 9th & 10th and the sad part is if Nebraska beats Texas Tech next week the Big XII will only have one ranked team left. Lonely when there is only one good team out of 12 perhaps you should reformat and go back to the old Southwest Conference.

Texasfrog
10-02-2005, 07:55 PM

That Kansas team is alot better then you think.

Texasfrog
10-02-2005, 07:59 PM
No more like 9th & 10th and the sad part is if Nebraska beats Texas Tech next week the Big XII will only have one ranked team left. Lonely when there is only one good team out of 12 perhaps you should reformat and go back to the old Southwest Conference.

I know the truth hurts when it slaps you in the face like that.

You forgot that the sorry ole Nebraska totally crushed Wake Forest (ACC).

Tx A&M & Clemson or toss ups. The sad thing is Tx A&M is probably about the 8th best team in the Big-12.

Texas Tech is going to crush Nebraska next week. Probably beat them by 25 or more points.

That sorry ole Kansas team is probably going to beat Nebraska.

Sorry.. looking at the overall Conference now.. The Big-12 is better from top to bottom. 100% no doubt.

Ps. colorado will beat Tx A&M pushing them to about #25 for the Texas game.

FootballJunkie
10-02-2005, 08:00 PM
That Kansas team is alot better then you think.

The last time Kansas had a good football team was what?? Not talking about basketball now.

Texasfrog
10-02-2005, 08:05 PM
The last time Kansas had a good football team was what?? Not talking about basketball now.

We're not talking about the Kansas of old. This new Kansas team under Coach Mangino is pretty scrappy and solid.

Lets just say that teams like Wake Forest, Duke and North Carolina can be happy they dont have to play Kansas.

Damn.. Kansas would beat them in B-Ball and really in football.

FootballJunkie
10-02-2005, 08:06 PM
I know the truth hurts when it slaps you in the face like that.

You forgot that the sorry ole Nebraska totally crushed Wake Forest (ACC).

Tx A&M & Clemson or toss ups. The sad thing is Tx A&M is probably about the 8th best team in the Big-12.

Texas Tech is going to crush Nebraska next week. Probably beat them by 25 or more points.

That sorry ole Kansas team is probably going to beat Nebraska.

Sorry.. looking at the overall Conference now.. The Big-12 is better from top to bottom. 100% no doubt.

Crack Kills dude so stop it. If your claim to sucess is beating Wake Forest in football it is a sad day. Once powerfull Nebraska sucks. Colorado aready been beaten, UT great team, OU embarrased on national television by TCU and UCLA The whole country know about Texas Tech and their powder puff schedule now in reality who is left?? ACC 3 in top ten 5 in top 25 what is the comparison. Clemson is like next to last in ACC still beat A@M who people on this very board said could contend for a title. Truth hurts doesn't it.

FootballJunkie
10-02-2005, 08:08 PM
We're not talking about the Kansas of old. This new Kansas team under Coach Mangino is pretty scrappy and solid.

Lets just say that teams like Wake Forest, Duke and North Carolina can be happy they dont have to play Kansas.

Damn.. Kansas would beat them in B-Ball and really in football.

Don't even bring up ACC in basketball dude stick with something you might have a hope in. Guess you forgot what conference the National Champions in that are from.

Texasfrog
10-02-2005, 08:16 PM
Crack Kills dude so stop it. If your claim to sucess is beating Wake Forest in football it is a sad day. Once powerfull Nebraska sucks. Colorado aready been beaten, UT great team, OU embarrased on national television by TCU and UCLA The whole country know about Texas Tech and their powder puff schedule now in reality who is left?? ACC 3 in top ten 5 in top 25 what is the comparison. Clemson is like next to last in ACC still beat A@M who people on this very board said could contend for a title. Truth hurts doesn't it.

hahahaha.. who said A&M was going to contend for the Big-12 title ?? Please dude your reaching hard.

I know it kills you that you were knocking Nebraska until you were enlightened to how they crushed Wake Forest.

Va Tech had everything they wanted against a sorry West Virginia team this past weekend. If it wasnt for a couple of totally stupid WV mistakes they're taking that game deep into the 4th QT with Va Tech.

Who the Hell has Va TEch played anyway ??? Lets see..

NC State... hmmmm??
Duke...... please.
Ohio..... Hell they hired the coach Nebraska canned --solich.
Ga Tech .... juries out on them.
West Va... Big East Conference- nuff said.
Marshall... shaa SMU just should of beat them..

Sorry dude... Va Tech hasnt played Jack yet...

Kansas is better then West Va and Marshall..

Make it throuth Maryland, Miami and Boston College..

Texasfrog
10-02-2005, 08:20 PM
Don't even bring up ACC in basketball dude stick with something you might have a hope in. Guess you forgot what conference the National Champions in that are from.

Big-12 is pretty solid at B-Ball also their clown. Next.. you brought up basketball idiot with the Kansas remark.. Go read idiot and stop cooking the crack junkie.

I'll have to look but the Big-12 has probably had more teams in the Final Four the last few years then the ACC if you really want to go there.

I see that your seeing the football debate really shows the Big-12 is better. Heck, I agree with you JUNK.

FootballJunkie
10-02-2005, 08:34 PM
hahahaha.. who said A&M was going to contend for the Big-12 title ?? Please dude your reaching hard.

I know it kills you that you were knocking Nebraska until you were enlightened to how they crushed Wake Forest.

Va Tech had everything they wanted against a sorry West Virginia team this past weekend. If it wasnt for a couple of totally stupid WV mistakes they're taking that game deep into the 4th QT with Va Tech.

Who the Hell has Va TEch played anyway ??? Lets see..

NC State... hmmmm??
Duke...... please.
Ohio..... Hell they hired the coach Nebraska canned --solich.
Ga Tech .... juries out on them.
West Va... Big East Conference- nuff said.
Marshall... shaa SMU just should of beat them..

Sorry dude... Va Tech hasnt played Jack yet...

Kansas is better then West Va and Marshall..

Make it throuth Maryland, Miami and Boston College..

I just know you don't want to talk about schedules.

Texas Tech...schedules 3 teams not even d-1
OU...loses to a Mountain West team badly at Home no less.
Nebraska wins include 1-AA Maine and that Big East powehouse Pitt 7-6
Kansas beat Appalacian State and Florida Atlantic again Big XII runs all over D1-AA powerhouses.
Colorado they have balls but we know if they could have gotten out of going to Miami they would.
Missouri lets see 2 more D1-AA wins Arkansas St and Troy
OK State well 2 wins over D1-AA then get blown out by a team (Colorado) that already lost to an ACC team.
#2 UT big win over OSU good game then ULL and Rice give me a break.

I mean do you really want to talk about schedules??

Reaganrattler07
10-02-2005, 08:39 PM
PLAYED on ranked team...whose to say those teams that VT plays will still be ranked WHEN they play them? BC will lose to the big schools in the ACC. Strenth of schedule was taken out of the BCS...Texas is #2 until they loose. If they both run the table....trust me....UT will go to the Rose Bowl before VT.

Texas has two ranked tams on there schedule. OSU, who they played, and Texas Tech. I would challenge any school in the Big XII to go to Morgantown, it is a tough place to play. You all are Texas fans so of course you all believe they're strength of schedule is so strong. The two ranked teams were (then) #4, and #16 Texas Tech.

Virginia Tech has and will play (then) ranked #15 Ga. Tech, #21 Boston College, #9 Miami, #19 (who i think is now 25) Virginia. Heck, Maryland may even be ranked...

Reaganrattler07
10-02-2005, 08:43 PM

How many Big XII teams are ranked? And how many ACC teams are ranked?

Reaganrattler07
10-02-2005, 08:49 PM
I just know you don't want to talk about schedules.

Texas Tech...schedules 3 teams not even d-1
OU...loses to a Mountain West team badly at Home no less.
Nebraska wins include 1-AA Maine and that Big East powehouse Pitt 7-6
Kansas beat Appalacian State and Florida Atlantic again Big XII runs all over D1-AA powerhouses.
Colorado they have balls but we know if they could have gotten out of going to Miami they would.
Missouri lets see 2 more D1-AA wins Arkansas St and Troy
OK State well 2 wins over D1-AA then get blown out by a team (Colorado) that already lost to an ACC team.
#2 UT big win over OSU good game then ULL and Rice give me a break.

I mean do you really want to talk about schedules??

The truth does hurt people, so they take shots at us for introducing the truth to them.

The Big XII is weak, with the exception of Texas, they suck. To respond to a post that was psoted earlier, y'all were wondering about Va. Tech's schedule? First off, everyone said that NC State would play a close game. You talk about Duke and Ohio? I suppose LALA and Rice were realy toughies, huh? And Ga. Tech? That game was put away real quick with our offense and special teams scoring. Injuries you say? Only the quarterback was injured and the coach put him in, which automatically voided all excuses related to that. They had a backup, why not start him, huh?

pack0808
10-02-2005, 09:59 PM
I know the Lufkin faithful will not like this, but I watched a bad team with a bad line, but I also saw a bad QB. No, Reggie doesnt have a lot of protection, but he was blowing wide open easy passes while under little pressure. He has no touch on his passes and it showed when he was overthrowing wide open WRs just 10 yards away. The latest reports I have seen on Reggie's draftability in the NFL says he might be a third round pick and a lot of scouts are projecting him as a WR. After watching this game, I see what the NFL scouts are seeing.

I knew this was coming after this game because people like jtk are obsessed with the Reggie vs Vince thing?? :rolleyes: Reggie looked god awful today!! Probably the worst game i have ever seen him play but please on the bad qb dumb *** saying. I remember watching V Young vs Oklahoma last year and several other games and i thought the same thing about him.The fact is great players have bad games and Reggie had just that!! Roger Clemens gave up 6 earned runs the other day and he is arguable the best ever!! He was completely out of sync and he looked very uncomfortable. Kind of like Vince looked last year vs OU. Yes this was Baylor not OU of the past but I have seen Reggie have gigantic games vs great OU teams. He simply was not himself?? All great players have those type of games. When Reggie is on he is extremely accurate and is hardly picked off but saturday he could not hit a side of a barn.

rich_pack
10-02-2005, 10:44 PM
jtk1519, It's amazing how you judge a player and their ability in just one game. So should we not include Vince Young in NFL draft either when he gets slammed by USC in the championship game it it happens? Man, I am glad you are no coach!!!

Reaganrattler07
10-02-2005, 10:48 PM
jtk1519, It's amazing how you judge a player and their ability in just one game. So should we not include Vince Young in NFL draft either when he gets slammed by USC in the championship game it it happens? Man, I am glad you are no coach!!!

Like they're gonna get to play USC!

GTown02
10-02-2005, 11:39 PM
Like they're gonna get to play USC!
If Texas wins out, as well as USC then they will play each other... it really doesnt matter what VaTech does... they may be better than UT, maybe not.. but it doesnt really matter in the BCS...

stevefoxsc
10-03-2005, 10:50 AM
is it more or do you guys think A&M just wanted to OT Baylor for revenge baylor aint that great

FootballJunkie
10-03-2005, 12:03 PM
is it more or do you guys think A&M just wanted to OT Baylor for revenge baylor aint that great

OK if Baylor ain't that great and the Aggies need overtime to beat them then the Aggies suck as well. Glad we cleared that up. :D

ThEgReAtOnE
10-03-2005, 12:24 PM
I'll tell you guys what...Baylor's defense isn't that bad, at all! The Aggies only have a good offense, so-so special teams, and a useless defense, but their O is talented.

Baylor's D just shut'em down!

Good game, actually! This isn't the same Baylor of 5 years ago, when Baylor had a better chance at winning the Texas Lottery than winning a game. This is a solid Baylor program. Congrats to their turn-around.

FootballJunkie
10-03-2005, 12:54 PM
I'll tell you guys what...Baylor's defense isn't that bad, at all! The Aggies only have a good offense, so-so special teams, and a useless defense, but their O is talented.

Baylor's D just shut'em down!

Good game, actually! This isn't the same Baylor of 5 years ago, when Baylor had a better chance at winning the Texas Lottery than winning a game. This is a solid Baylor program. Congrats to their turn-around.

What turnaround??? Looks like they won't win a game in the Big XII so what has really changed??? Have they come up or has A@M gone down??

ThEgReAtOnE
10-03-2005, 01:22 PM
What turnaround??? Looks like they won't win a game in the Big XII so what has really changed??? Have they come up or has A@M gone down??

Do you know how bad Baylor was, just 5 years ago?!! I was being ironical!

Baylor has made improvements, by leaps and bounds, but their still not 2nd tier opposition. They're better, though!

And yes, A&M has fallen!

raidercheerdad
10-03-2005, 01:26 PM

Have they already finished the season and I missed it????? That has to be the most ludicrous comment I've ever seen posted. This was their first Big 12 game and you already know with statement of fact that they'll lose out???
I'm thinking the only thing that hasn't changed is your attitude!

ThEgReAtOnE
10-03-2005, 01:34 PM
Have they already finished the season and I missed it????? That has to be the most ludicrous comment I've ever seen posted. This was their first Big 12 game and you already know with statement of fact that they'll lose out???

I think Baylor is improved, and it's too early to tell what they'll do!!!

FootballJunkie
10-03-2005, 03:03 PM

Well taking history into account and looking at their schedule I think it is safe to say what I said.

friendswood72
10-03-2005, 09:02 PM
I love ignorant people. Texas Tech would put the drumming of a lifetime on GaTech. They ARE going to fubar A&M in lubbock ( no big surprise) to the tune of 50+ points. Just keep on thinkin they aren't good, your team will end up like Cal did last year. They are that same team with a better QB, better recievers, and a better defense. Man you dolts are in for a surprise.

Texasfrog
10-03-2005, 09:14 PM
How many Big XII teams are ranked? And how many ACC teams are ranked?

Lets see how the rankings are in about 3 weeks ok... :D

FootballJunkie
10-03-2005, 09:26 PM
Lets see how the rankings are in about 3 weeks ok... :D

It was a bad week for teams that attempted to inflate their egos and build up their record by beating Division I-AA or directional schools. Oklahoma State, Indiana, Baylor, Kansas, Kansas State and Washington State went into the day undefeated and picked up their first losses of the season. Those programs built up their resumes by beating the likes of Grambling, Army, Florida Atlantic, Florida International and Nicholls State.

As you can see most of the pretenders are from the Big XII. Texas Tech will be next then we can eliminate them.