PDA

View Full Version : How to: Thread Ratings

ktchamp97
04-04-2005, 10:21 AM
Thread Ratings:

One of the cool features of the new board is that we can rate a thread. Ratings can be anywhere from one star (terrible) to five stars (great). Thread ratings won't appear on the forum until 10 votes have been cast.

How do I rate a thread?

All you have to do is click on any thread, read it, of course ;) , and look in the top right hand corner of the original message and look for the "Rate Thread" dropdown menu. Decide what you think of the thread and give it an appropriate rating.

Let's try to get in the habit of doing this on a regular basis. Wait until the thread has had a few replies and a discussion has developed. Don't just rate the initial post, because maybe the initial post wasn't great, but the discussion that followed was. Try and be as objective as possible.

Why should we do it?

If we do a good, honest job of rating the threads it will help people browsing the forum to know where the hot topics and good discussions are. Without the ratings, we only have the post count to make the initial judgment, but with the ratings we can differentiate between a so-so thread with a ton of replies and a great thread with maybe not as many replies.

Let's give it a shot and see how it goes. If you guys hate it after a while, we can disable the feature.

Red Raiders
04-04-2005, 04:08 PM
Wow, Thats pretty cool rating threads

Dds115
04-04-2005, 09:02 PM
Thanks for all the work KT, I'm sure the surprize of the whole hack and stuff threw you off, Thanks again. :D

Red Raiders
04-04-2005, 09:33 PM
Thanks for all the work KT, I'm sure the surprize of the whole hack and stuff threw you off, Thanks again. :D

Yes Thanks KT for all the work, I am having fun posting football thoughts and keeping up my posting counts too. :D

BornARebel
04-05-2005, 04:53 PM
Like the new format. It's got some cool features and looks like it'll be fun and easy to navigate. Thanks for the hard work guys! :D

Red Raiders
04-05-2005, 05:16 PM
Like the new format. It's got some cool features and looks like it'll be fun and easy to navigate. Thanks for the hard work guys! :D

Yes I agree with you.

KTB mom
04-05-2005, 08:03 PM
OK, you have my vote! Thanks for all your hard work. Can't wait to see how things light up during football season. What happens, though, when you get different ratings for threads?

CoppellCowboy57
04-07-2005, 01:58 PM
sweetness!

pack0808
04-08-2005, 04:07 PM
when a post does get rated where will it appear and will it be stars??

SLC-Dad
04-11-2005, 02:16 AM

Dittos!! :) :) :)

BornARebel
04-21-2005, 12:34 AM
Dittos!! :) :) :)

Hey SLC-Dad, look forward to a great game with you dragons this fall. It'll be fun, hope everyone can make the trip to Abilene!

uhsfilmcrew
11-09-2008, 06:48 PM
wow, i was in 8th grade when this place was quiet. before the rallies.:)

wesaxman34
11-09-2008, 07:17 PM
Great idea...love it.