PDA

View Full Version : Katy's James Aston signs with...

TexasHSFootball
05-06-2005, 12:50 PM
Ohio State

http://www.texashsfootball.com/news/may05/articles/astonohiostate06.htm

RGVBadBoy
05-06-2005, 12:54 PM
i am glad to see that he will be playing football, i love this kid, i have only seen him play a couple of times, but he's a BEAST.....how is his speed??? is he as fast as advertised??

Favpack
05-06-2005, 03:34 PM
Congrats to James - he's a quality kid. I would have preferred to see him at the other OSU - Ok. State - but I'm sure he made the right choice for him.

BoomDash
05-06-2005, 03:44 PM
I was a little confused after hearing all this about James committing because he hadn't told any of us at school nor did Coach Joseph know about it. Today he says he never committed, and has no idea where the newspapers are getting that he did. So either James is trying to hide something from all his friends, which I doubt, or he really has not committed. So don't be so sure yet. TOSU is one of his top 3 choices though so its a possibilty he will eventually.

ktchamp97
05-06-2005, 03:56 PM
i am glad to see that he will be playing football, i love this kid, i have only seen him play a couple of times, but he's a BEAST.....how is his speed??? is he as fast as advertised??

He broke an 87 yard TD run against Hastings (among many other long TD runs). That's about all the proof you should need to know he's plenty fast enough!

PackAttack2005
05-06-2005, 04:06 PM
Congratulations to James, he is one tough guy and good runningback. :cool:

RGVBadBoy
05-06-2005, 04:22 PM
He broke an 87 yard TD run against Hastings (among many other long TD runs). That's about all the proof you should need to know he's plenty fast enough!
87yrd run.... wow....and against Hastings no less.....i think everyone knows what kind of talent and speed the Alief schools posess......very impressive...i think he'll make a heck of a back wherever he plays.....

KT2000
05-06-2005, 06:00 PM
James averages a legit 4.5 in the 40 yard dash at roughly 5'9, 215 pounds.

RGVBadBoy
05-06-2005, 07:26 PM
i think i heard he ran a 4.3 when he was a little lighter.....i later saw that he was listed as a high 4.4 i think i saw a 4.48....but 4.5 at 215lbs is awsome....

drgnbkr
05-06-2005, 09:40 PM
Congrats to James! He was tough on the Dragons of 03....

KT2000
05-06-2005, 10:22 PM
To my knowledge, James has never run a 4.3. 4.48 is the best listed time I've ever seen/heard for him.

Also, Aston is maintaining that he doesn't know why everyone is saying he committed to Ohio State because he says he hasn't pounced on an offer yet.

Just another twist in the dizzying world of recruiting...

SLC-Dad
05-06-2005, 10:25 PM
Congrats to James.....Ohio State is getting one tough runner!! Does anyone know if he plans to wrestle there as well??

LoneStarProud
05-07-2005, 06:21 AM
Congrats to James.....Ohio State is getting one tough runner!! Does anyone know if he plans to wrestle there as well??

The article says he has committed to wrestle and play football. But judgiing
from all the posts from guys in the know...this may be premature. Whatever the case I wish him the best...he's one tough athelete.

Texasfrog
05-07-2005, 08:41 AM
Ohio State

http://www.texashsfootball.com/news/may05/articles/astonohiostate06.htm

your research better before you start posting stuff all over the web.

First: You posted that Coach Dodge was coming to UT to be the OC.

Now: You post that Aston has committed to Ohio St.

Can you do everyone a huge favor and do you're research better before you post things on sites. Thanks, Texasfrog

dragonfootballfan
05-07-2005, 08:53 AM

Can you do everyone a huge favor and do you're research better before you post things on sites. Thanks, Texasfrog
first of all he never posted that Dodge was going to be the OC at Texas and Aston signed a wrestling letter of intent and will get a tryout for the football team this summer. If it works out he will then be playing both sports, if not he will just be wrestling, but regardless he will be going to Ohio State because that is where he signed

TexasHSFootball
05-07-2005, 10:36 AM

Why don't you get your facts straight..

I never posted anything about Dodge going to UT. If that were actually true then you would have found it on my news page a long long time ago and I would have known about it long before most would. Yes there was a post about it here on the board and I was one of the ones who quickly squash the rumor before it got deleted like it should have. Second of all, I simply posted what a newspaper had reported. So don't go looking at me as the fall guy. I do tons and tons of research and work everyday. All you had to do on the Aston case is look at the source on who wrote the story. Now who is the one not doing their research? If you are trying to anything you can to ruin my credibility, its certainly backfiring right at you.

Texasfrog
05-07-2005, 11:34 AM
Why don't you get your facts straight..

I never posted anything about Dodge going to UT. If that were actually true then you would have found it on my news page a long long time ago and I would have known about it long before most would. Yes there was a post about it here on the board and I was one of the ones who quickly squash the rumor before it got deleted like it should have. Second of all, I simply posted what a newspaper had reported. So don't go looking at me as the fall guy. I do tons and tons of research and work everyday. All you had to do on the Aston case is look at the source on who wrote the story. Now who is the one not doing their research? If you are trying to anything you can to ruin my credibility, its certainly backfiring right at you.

about a month ago that Coach Dodge was leaving SLC and coming to UT to be the OC. Then the post disappeared about as fast as lightning the next day. Those are the Facts buddy.

TexasHSFootball
05-07-2005, 11:44 AM
about a month ago that Coach Dodge was leaving SLC and coming to UT to be the OC. Then the post disappeared about as fast as lightning the next day. Those are the Facts buddy.

Find anyone who actually has factual proof I was the one who started that runor and get back to me. Good luck because you won't find anyone. You need to get your facts straight. :rolleyes:

dragonfootballfan
05-07-2005, 11:48 AM
That post was started by someone whose name was "UTRegent" or something like that. I remember that post

drgnbkr
05-07-2005, 11:59 AM
C'mon guys...Dodge is'nt going anywhere yet, Aston is gonna go somewhere...Can't we all just play "post on the board"?

NewSherriffInTown
05-07-2005, 01:39 PM
Personallly, I thin Texasfrog has a bone to pick with TexasHSfootball, and that is why he is pulling this stuff.

KT2000
05-07-2005, 01:44 PM
Dragonbacker,

That'd be nice, huh? It appears the board is in early season form already and we haven't even played spring games yet...

I just hope everyone has enough left when the actual season begins, :) .

KT2000
05-07-2005, 01:50 PM
FWIW,

The Columbus Dispatch is reporting James' commitment to the Buckeyes with quotes from his parents. The scholarship is in wrestling with preferred walk-on status for football. I'm guessing James wanted to be the one to announce his commitment, but unfortunately it doesn't usually work that way as soon as any media type gets a hold of the info.

Evidently, he'll arrive on campus this summer and participate in workouts with the football team.

Congrats to James, and hopefully he doesn't pull an Adrian Peterson and rush for 200-plus on Texas this fall. ;)

jrdaniel
05-07-2005, 04:30 PM
Now if he does in fact make the football team then his scholarship switches to a football scholarship correct? I know if there is a 2 sport star in which one of the sports is football, ie. basketball and football, then the scholarship has to be applied to the football count. Not sure how the situation would work if he is a scout team member though.

dragonfootballfan
05-07-2005, 05:22 PM
Now if he does in fact make the football team then his scholarship switches to a football scholarship correct? I know if there is a 2 sport star in which one of the sports is football, ie. basketball and football, then the scholarship has to be applied to the football count. Not sure how the situation would work if he is a scout team member though.
I am not sure how a scout team member works either but from what I understood from some of the articles that I read he is only getting a partial scholarship for wrestling, so if he makes the football team he would not be losing too much money if he decided to go off scholarship.

jrdaniel
05-07-2005, 10:41 PM
Ah, never even considered that possibility - going totally off scholarship. I was just thinking it would be tougher for him to make the squad because they would have to have him count against their football limit as long as he was wrestling with a scholarship. I guess we'll see how it all pans out, IMO he is good enough to make the football team up there.

TheDuke
05-09-2005, 02:29 PM
Way to go Aston!! Keep up the good work! :D