PDA

View Full Version : Vinny Goes to New York

Reaganrattler07
09-27-2005, 02:13 PM
Vinny Testaverde is headed to the QB-less Jets....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2173731

Favpack
09-27-2005, 03:01 PM
What did his grandkids think about it? Gee whiz, can you get an NFL check and Social security at the same time?

CoppellCowboy57
09-27-2005, 03:20 PM
ah good for him, he wasnt all that bad for the Cowboys, he was just put in a bad postion

southlake thug
09-27-2005, 03:52 PM
Eh I don't know. He was pretty damn bad for the cowboys.

CoppellCowboy57
09-27-2005, 04:53 PM
he didnt have a running game for 8 games...

Reaganrattler07
09-27-2005, 06:03 PM
I agree with CC57....he just didn't have much to work with. He wouldn't have led them to any Superbowls or anything, and he won't with the Jets...he'll just be a "smart player". Just someone who won't make stupid decisions and can take passes out to the recievers.

wide-e-wide
09-27-2005, 06:12 PM
Vinny Testaverde is headed to the QB-less Jets....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2173731

This just in...even after signing Vinnie...the Jets are still QB-less.

Reaganrattler07
09-27-2005, 06:36 PM
This just in...even after signing Vinnie...the Jets are still QB-less.

Haha, what I like is how he's not going to be the starter for another few weeks.....but I stand by what he said. He'll be someone who gest okay passes to recievers and hands it off to the running back and probably won't make stupid decisions. He won't, however, take them anywhere else.

Slim-Rob
09-27-2005, 08:25 PM
Vinny was good, but he is too old now. He needs to retire before he gets hurt. Then again, the Jets don't play the Cowboys, so he won't have to worry so much about getting hurt. "BLITZ, SACK BY WILLIAMS. Teste isn't getting up....he appears to have been knocked out cold....what a hit by Roy Williams....Oh good, Teste is going to live, but he'll never play football again." <<Thats what it would sound like if Dallas played the NY Jets.

I hope Testeverde does good there, so he can retire on a good note. If he leads the Jets to the playoffs, then retires, it will be a great ending to a great career.

Reaganrattler07
09-27-2005, 08:26 PM
Vinny was good, but he is too old now. He needs to retire before he gets hurt. Then again, the Jets don't play the Cowboys, so he won't have to worry so much about getting hurt. "BLITZ, SACK BY WILLIAMS. Teste isn't getting up....he appears to have been knocked out cold....what a hit by Roy Williams....Oh good, Teste is going to live, but he'll never play football again." <<Thats what it would sound like if Dallas played the NY Jets.

I hope Testeverde does good there, so he can retire on a good note. If he leads the Jets to the playoffs, then retires, it will be a great ending to a great career.

At least Roy would actually get a good hit....can't keep up with the recievers, might as well hit the slow moving quarterback! :D

Slim-Rob
09-27-2005, 08:28 PM
At least Roy would actually get a good hit....can't keep up with the recievers, might as well hit the slow moving quarterback! :D

I guess Clinton Portis is slow then.

lonny23
09-28-2005, 09:50 AM
The Jets lost their QB for the year. After 3 games, you can't do much better than to get a veteran starting QB who already knows your system. It's almost like he was going to hang out until Pennington got hurt AGAIN.

Vinny wasn't bad in Dallas. The Cowboys needed a running game to take pressure off of the QB.

Reaganrattler07
09-28-2005, 07:40 PM
I guess Clinton Portis is slow then.

It's easier for a safety to come in an hit a running back. And Portis and the o-line are still getting used to the new blocking patterns. Granted, the Cowboys do have a good run defense....yes, you heard correctly....

ThEgReAtOnE
09-28-2005, 08:10 PM
Poor Vinny....he's about to get hammered!!! Just like Penny did!

Hahahahaha!!....Penny!!!...Hahahahahaha!!

He's turned out to be worthless, unfortunately. Oh well, it isn't his fault. His line sucks as pass blocking! But then it could be worse...

he could be playing for the Texans!!

Reaganrattler07
09-28-2005, 08:16 PM

He's turned out to be worthless, unfortunately. Oh well, it isn't his fault. His line sucks as pass blocking! But then it could be worse...

David Carr's an awesome QB....just his team isn't worth a poop...

FootballJunkie
09-28-2005, 08:17 PM

Jets did something with Pennington that the Cowboys didnt do last year...Make the playoffs :D

ThEgReAtOnE
09-28-2005, 08:19 PM
David Carr's an awesome QB....just his team isn't worth a poop...

Carr is not consistant! His team is horrendous which helps his case. It's easier to say the team around him sucks, but he doesn't.

I agree he doesn't suck...but he's not AWESOME either!

He could be a superstar!

He'd just have to beg to be traded!

ThEgReAtOnE
09-28-2005, 08:23 PM
Jets did something with Pennington that the Cowboys didnt do last year...Make the playoffs :D

The Jets haven't been to the Big SHow in several decades...and has only made 1 appearance , with 1 victory......while Dallas has made more trips than anyone (8)...and won 5.

Lets not compare past stats!

I think the Jets are a very capable team...but the Boys would beat them...healthy Chad or no Chad!

FootballJunkie
09-28-2005, 08:27 PM
The Jets haven't been to the Big SHow in several decades...and has only made 1 appearance , with 1 victory......while Dallas has made more trips than anyone (8)...and won 5.

Lets not compare past stats!

I think the Jets are a very capable team...but the Boys would beat them...healthy Chad or no Chad!

I know the history of the Cowboys. I was speaking of the Pennington era. Considering the Cowboypass defense you should be worrying about how many touchdowns Moss will catch. :D

ThEgReAtOnE
09-28-2005, 08:31 PM
I know the history of the Cowboys. I was speaking of the Pennington era. Considering the Cowboypass defense you should be worrying about how many touchdowns Moss will catch. :D

I won't ever worry about Randy Moss. He's got Kery Collins throwing to him....Moss doesn't need a team to play against, Collins is self-destructive!

Moss will have 84 yards and 1 td. The Raiders will still lose.

FootballJunkie
09-28-2005, 08:33 PM
I won't ever worry about Randy Moss. He's got Kery Collins throwing to him....Moss doesn't need a team to play against, Collins is self-destructive!

Moss will have 84 yards and 1 td. The Raiders will still lose.

Perhaps but I don't think so.

ThEgReAtOnE
09-28-2005, 08:38 PM
Perhaps but I don't think so.

We'll see. I mean Dallas, these days, are known for making things hard on themselves!

Reaganrattler07
09-28-2005, 08:39 PM
Carr is not consistant! His team is horrendous which helps his case. It's easier to say the team around him sucks, but he doesn't.

I agree he doesn't suck...but he's not AWESOME either!

He could be a superstar!

He'd just have to beg to be traded!

Lol, I actually said awesome......he's not the best obviously but compared to his team, he's awesome. His team doesn't allow him to be consistent....they should trade him for Ramsey! :D Haha, nah....Ramsey will maybe be quarterback again for Washington.....maybe the end of this year or maybe a little bit of next. The only thing I fear is Brunell getting injured.

But Carr is a GOOD quarterback. just his team sucks....

Reaganrattler07
09-28-2005, 08:40 PM
Dallas will lose. Oakland will tear them apart....okay maybe not, but Oakland will win.

ThEgReAtOnE
09-28-2005, 08:45 PM
Lol, I actually said awesome......he's not the best obviously but compared to his team, he's awesome. His team doesn't allow him to be consistent....they should trade him for Ramsey! :D Haha, nah....Ramsey will maybe be quarterback again for Washington.....maybe the end of this year or maybe a little bit of next. The only thing I fear is Brunell getting injured.

But Carr is a GOOD quarterback. just his team sucks....

Carr will eventually turn into the Archie Manning of Houston!

How sad! I say when they get rid of Capers...which I pray will be soon, go get "Frozen Hair", himself!

How can a man that has had the same hair "doo" for 30 years live in hot and humid Florida?!

Yes....you know who I'm speaking of...."HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS"!!!!!!!

....JJ....Mr.Jimmy Johnson!

I heard last year he'd given some consideration to coming back to coach the Miami Dolphins, again. Before Saban, of course.

I know he probably wouldn't but I think he'd be a good fit! He definitely couldn't hurt!