PDA

View Full Version : Kellen Winslow Jr?

adcwalker
05-05-2005, 09:32 AM
What is up with this guy? Runs his mouth while at Miami, Breaks his leg and missed most of his rookie year in the NFL, now hits a curb on his motorcycle and hurts his knee and has internal injuries. Is this another in a long list of poor draft choices for the Browns? Is this guy all talk and no walk in the NFL? He has had the chance of a life time that many college players just dream about. At Miami he was a good college player but has done nothing in the pro's and I think will continue to do nothing. Just my thoughts.

SummitGrad04
05-05-2005, 10:08 AM
While you can't really blame him for the broken leg in his rookie year, I think most of Kellen's problems stem from being young and a little immature. If he recovers from his current injuries, he has the potential to become a pretty good NFL player. I hope for his sake, that he settles down and makes better choices.

wide-e-wide
05-05-2005, 12:32 PM
" I'm a soldier...(bleep) it! I'm a soldier!"

Yeah dude has had a pretty rough start. I think if he can grow up a bit he will turn out alright. But nothing close to his Dad...

TheDuke
05-10-2005, 10:18 AM
His dad HATES his attitude! As a matter of fact, I can't believe his dad doesn't have better control of him then that! This kid has been nothing but trouble ever since the Canes, late hits, penalties, yelling in press confrences, I mean for being Winslow's son, you would think he has better class then this. Everything he does reflects on his dad too. Sad story here, watching a bunch of REAL cyle riders ride, goes out buys his own and think he is Evil Kenevel? WTF are you thinking Jr.? STUPID!! :confused:

dragonfootballfan
05-10-2005, 10:48 AM
His dad HATES his attitude! As a matter of fact, I can't believe his dad doesn't have better control of him then that! This kid has been nothing but trouble ever since the Canes, late hits, penalties, yelling in press confrences, I mean for being Winslow's son, you would think he has better class then this. Everything he does reflects on his dad too. Sad story here, watching a bunch of REAL cyle riders ride, goes out buys his own and think he is Evil Kenevel? WTF are you thinking Jr.? STUPID!! :confused:
do you remember the first game of the season where he did the heisman pose in the end zone for his first touchdown of the season. I rememeber people saying that you should act like you have been there before and act like you are going to be back many more times. Well maybe he knew something that nobody else did because he never went back to the end zone again that season

wide-e-wide
05-10-2005, 11:07 AM
Arrogant, cocky millionaires...the NFL is full of 'em.
Winslow has more money than he does brains.

TheDuke
05-10-2005, 11:17 AM
do you remember the first game of the season where he did the heisman pose in the end zone for his first touchdown of the season. I rememeber people saying that you should act like you have been there before and act like you are going to be back many more times. Well maybe he knew something that nobody else did because he never went back to the end zone again that season

Not only that, but I remember his dad putting his head down and shaking it!! This kid has NO CLASS WHATS SO EVER!!

CoppellCowboy57
05-10-2005, 01:34 PM
I think he'll be alright eventully, he just needs 2get his head screwed on streight...

It takes time.

SummitGrad04
05-12-2005, 03:32 PM
Looks like the Browns won't be cutting Kellen after all (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3608914)

Texas Hammer
05-14-2005, 04:29 PM
I think all this stuff is happening to him so that he will be humbled. I bet he's a lot more likeable when it's all said and done.

lonny23
05-16-2005, 10:32 PM
Looks like the Browns won't be cutting Kellen after all (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3608914)
It's hard to cut players drafted that high. You lose a lot on the cap with the accelerated bonus money and hate to give up on a big-time talent. They will cut him if he's never the same, though.

Texas Hammer
05-17-2005, 12:55 AM
" I'm a soldier...(bleep) it! I'm a soldier!"

Yeah dude has had a pretty rough start. I think if he can grow up a bit he will turn out alright. But nothing close to his Dad...
That soldier part was an insult to all those who have or are serving in the armed forces.

CoppellCowboy57
05-17-2005, 01:25 PM
Until he steps up, hes a lil punk who will never make it in the NFL...stupid poser

lonny23
05-17-2005, 08:35 PM
Until he steps up, hes a lil punk who will never make it in the NFL...stupid poser
I think he'll be a good player if he can recover. The bad part he was effective more on speed than power. I don't know if he'll get his speed back.

Texas Hammer
05-18-2005, 12:11 AM
Sometimes it takes time before guys get their head on straight.