PDA

View Full Version : Who's Now?

yankee
07-28-2007, 02:23 PM
has got to be the most ******** thing ever created by espn, and they've had some doozies (anyone remember steve phillips "press conference" acting as yanks gm?). anyone in agreement here?

svhorns
07-28-2007, 02:29 PM
has got to be the most ******** thing ever created by espn, and they've had some doozies (anyone remember steve phillips "press conference" acting as yanks gm?). anyone in agreement here?

Agree... ESPN is a joke... I'll give it 2-3 years before it becomes another MTV

BDB
07-28-2007, 02:32 PM

its not? :confused:

slorch
07-28-2007, 02:48 PM

you mean 2-3 years ago...:mad:

svhorns
07-28-2007, 02:49 PM
its not? :confused:

at least they are still showing sports highlights... MTV shows about an hour total of music a day... ESPN will start showing less and less sports highlights as the years go on... at least thats what I'm thinking is gonna happen...

Humblefied
07-28-2007, 04:58 PM

AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGRRRRREEEEEEEE.

And it just keeps going. Its like the thing will never end.

FootballCrazy727
07-28-2007, 05:20 PM

Well....what is a better sports station? You have to think of things to keep people interested during a 1 1/2 hr. show besides showing highlight after highlight....which becomes rather DULL

dragons08
07-29-2007, 12:07 AM
i hate it.

CLFalcon2006
07-29-2007, 12:12 AM
I like ESPNNews more than I like ESPN, and they're starting to take that away from me.

Just as long as they don't touch Rome is Burning, Around the Horn, and PTI, I survive

Winston
07-29-2007, 01:53 AM
What I believe they are really asking is "Who's @$$ should we kiss for ratings now?" - they just happened to leave that middle part out, being the genteel types they are. They must be trying to determine the future course of their reporting bias for ratings purposes. Of course, they don't need to do a "Who's...Now?" for teams, since they long ago decided to pretend their local northeastern U.S. teams are "who's now" for the entire nation.

Winston
07-29-2007, 02:36 AM
Well....what is a better sports station? You have to think of things to keep people interested during a 1 1/2 hr. show besides showing highlight after highlight....which becomes rather DULL

I agree with you in principle. I have come to view certain aspects of ESPN's reporting with a jaundiced eye over the years - but as far as national sports networks are concerned, they are still the best game in town. Maybe if they didn't try to tell me who to root for periodically, I would still include them in my cable subscription with other such national "homer" stations as WTBS and WGN.