PDA

View Full Version : Owned

Reaganrattler07
09-21-2005, 10:58 PM
http://www.thewarpath.net/owned.gif

Maybe my boy Roy was able to catch the license plate of that speeder....

CoppellCowboy57
09-21-2005, 11:04 PM
ouch, low blow

wide-e-wide
09-22-2005, 06:58 AM
88...do you actually know anything about football? Or are you like on of those women that just yells at the TV but really doesn't understand what she is watching? How in the hell is Roy Williams OWNED?

Hate to break it to you...but Roy is a safety not a corner. He had his back turned and was over 10 yards away from Moss on the first TD. Do you really think the Cowboys sent him out there to cover Santana Moss? C'mon dude....
If anybody should have OWNED by their name it's the cornerback Aaron Glenn...he was the one covering Moss.

Know a little bit about football before you start talking smack. Otherwise you make yourself sound stupid.

FootballJunkie
09-22-2005, 07:25 AM
Cowboys' Williams Overrated

With just over four minutes left, Brunell lofted a bomb downfield to Taylor Jacobs that Williams knocked down in the end zone. Madden and Michaels went nuts over the play, until they realized the ball went right through Williams' hands and could have easily been picked off. You can't criticize Williams for not getting the interception, but you have to rip him for letting Santana Moss beat him for 39- and 70-yard touchdowns in the final minutes of the game even though the Cowboys were in prevent mode.

Seems like Redskin 88 is not the only person who thought Williams got burned!!

Here is the link to the story.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/andrew_perloff/09/21/huddle.roy.williams/index.htmlhttp://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/andrew_perloff/09/21/huddle.roy.williams/index.html

wide-e-wide
09-22-2005, 07:33 AM
How does the safety get burned when Glenn was covering Moss?
C'mon...tell me how that happens?
Roy had his freakin' back turned and was nowhere near Moss...

As far a Roy being over-rated...you sir are smoking crack cocaine.
Roy is one of....if not THE best safety in the league.

In case you airheads didn't know....the term "burned" refers to a receiver blowing past the man that is covering him. Not the guy who runs over to try and make the tackle. It usually happens as the ball is in the air...the receiver blows past coverage creating a gap between himself and usually the cornerback...thus making himself wide open....This did not happen to Roy on either play. So exactly how did Roy get "burned"?

Hdshrinker
09-22-2005, 07:38 AM
88...do you actually know anything about football? Or are you like on of those women that just yells at the TV but really doesn't understand what she is watching? How in the hell is Roy Williams OWNED?

Hate to break it to you...but Roy is a safety not a corner. He had his back turned and was over 10 yards away from Moss on the first TD. Do you really think the Cowboys sent him out there to cover Santana Moss? C'mon dude....
If anybody should have OWNED by their name it's the cornerback Aaron Glenn...he was the one covering Moss.

Know a little bit about football before you start talking smack. Otherwise you make yourself sound stupid.

Dude I hate to break it to you......but zone coverage, (prevent mode) that's Roy's man over the top...not once...but twice. He's not a cover man, He's a run stopper. And I am a Cowboy's fan......and wide? If Roy turns around he's got an interception.....if he just says to himself...ok....I can at least see the receiver...where's the ball....LOL.....and lastly Red 88? Owned? I dont think so...they saw something in the cowboy coverage that they exploited...but owned? That defense had a poor redskin offense shut down for 3 quarters so owned was not a factor. Football is often a game of big plays....

adcwalker
09-22-2005, 08:35 AM
It is awful early in the season to be talking trash, with only two games being played. I don't think anyone was owned. I think Washington was lucky twice and used low percentage plays in desperation.

FootballJunkie
09-22-2005, 08:44 AM
How does the safety get burned when Glenn was covering Moss?
C'mon...tell me how that happens?
Roy had his freakin' back turned and was nowhere near Moss...

As far a Roy being over-rated...you sir are smoking crack cocaine.
Roy is one of....if not THE best safety in the league.

In case you airheads didn't know....the term "burned" refers to a receiver blowing past the man that is covering him. Not the guy who runs over to try and make the tackle. It usually happens as the ball is in the air...the receiver blows past coverage creating a gap between himself and usually the cornerback...thus making himself wide open....This did not happen to Roy on either play. So exactly how did Roy get "burned"?

Go ask CNN.SI how Roy got burned I didn't say it they did...Read the article!!!

wide-e-wide
09-22-2005, 10:23 AM
So Aaron Glenn...the guy covering Moss...has no responsibility? It's all Roy's fault? You people are freakin' ********. Aaron Glenn got "burned" bad...Roy? no...Roy didn't suddenly turn into Carl Lewis and catch him...but that's about as far as you can take it. CNN.si also had Oklahoma #2 in their preseason polls...with Texas #6...so consider the source.

GTown02
09-22-2005, 02:12 PM
I love it... Redskins win once against the Cowboys and they think their hot stuff.... they are what 2-16 over the past years.... :confused:

wide-e-wide
09-22-2005, 02:17 PM
It's typical... Foreskins' running their mouths...
Almost as bad as aggy...Almost...
I think aggy's unit envy is #1 on the list of as far as haters go...

Reaganrattler07
09-22-2005, 04:59 PM
When the ball goes deep, it's the safety's job....you sure YOU know about football?

wide-e-wide
09-22-2005, 05:46 PM
Using the term "burned" ....that's what I am saying...
How can you burn a guy that isn't even covering you?
He burned Aaron Glenn...yes
Roy Williams ...no

So using your theory 88...anytime a long pass is thrown it is the safety's responsibility? The corner should just quit running and get out of the way huh?

GTown02
09-22-2005, 06:12 PM
Roy Williams ...no

So using your theory 88...anytime a long pass is thrown it is the safety's responsibility? The corner should just quit running and get out of the way huh?
So thats what they've been doing wrong all these years...

Hdshrinker
09-22-2005, 10:46 PM
So Aaron Glenn...the guy covering Moss...has no responsibility? It's all Roy's fault? You people are freakin' ********. Aaron Glenn got "burned" bad...Roy? no...Roy didn't suddenly turn into Carl Lewis and catch him...but that's about as far as you can take it. CNN.si also had Oklahoma #2 in their preseason polls...with Texas #6...so consider the source.

Final responsibility lies with Roy wide......that's football.....HIS coverage on zone. When the center fielder misses a ground ball do you blame the ss for lettting the ball get to the outfielder?

Do you accuse everyone who disagrees with you of ***** envy? You're making me an aggie fan more and more..... I've been a Cowboy fan probably before you were thought of so you won't steer me away from that...but I would like to remind those Cowboy haters out there not every Cowboy fan is as narrow minded as some.

Reaganrattler07
09-22-2005, 10:52 PM
Final responsibility lies with Roy wide......that's football.....HIS coverage on zone. When the center fielder misses a ground ball do you blame the ss for lettting the ball get to the outfielder?

Do you accuse everyone who disagrees with you of ***** envy? You're making me an aggie fan more and more..... I've been a Cowboy fan probably before you were thought of so you won't steer me away from that...but I would like to remind those Cowboy haters out there not every Cowboy fan is as narrow minded as some.

No, the CB shouldn't just stop, but it is the safety's main responsibility to get the long ball.

I have nothing against Cowboy fans really, they support their team, I support mine. And the rivalry makes it a bit interesting. Only reason why I'm so big into the MNF game was because thats about one of two maybe three times out of this year that i'll be able to actually watch them, so please forgive me if I do seem a little out of hand.

wide-e-wide
09-23-2005, 12:12 AM
The initial statement was "burned"....
Was Roy burned by Moss?
Hell no...the freakin' cornerback was...not Roy...
Scroll back up and read my posts...that is all I have said.
Moss beat the entire defense...true....But he "burned" the
socks off of Aaron Glenn...not Roy Williams.
At least give me that much.

And 9 times out of 10...it is ***** envy with Cowboy/Longhorn haters.

And if the shortstop could have made the play...thus preventing the ball from even getting out to center field...Hell yes I blame the shortstop.

In this case Aaron Glenn let one go between his legs...and Roy was reduced to damage control...against one of the quicker WR in the league...You give Santana Moss that kind of edge...he will beat you every stinkin' time.

zippy
09-23-2005, 02:03 AM
He might not have bot burned. But he DID NOT do his job either. It is his responsibility to aid in coverage on anyone that gets past the corners/linebackers in zone coverage. They both are responsible for both TD passes.

Roy Williams ...no

Hdshrinker
09-23-2005, 04:01 AM
The initial statement was "burned"....

In this case Aaron Glenn let one go between his legs...and Roy was reduced to damage control...against one of the quicker WR in the league...You give Santana Moss that kind of edge...he will beat you every stinkin' time.

What part of zone coverage do you NOT understand wide? It was Roy's zone.

Reaganrattler07
09-23-2005, 11:18 PM
I just had to post this.....Sean Taylor (http://www.skinsfan.us/redskins/cowboys1/taylorhit.wmv)

wide-e-wide
09-23-2005, 11:43 PM
He hit his girlfriend much harder than that...
And ran faster when the cops were chasing him on
drug charges.

Reaganrattler07
09-23-2005, 11:45 PM
He hit his girlfriend much harder than that...
And ran faster when the cops were chasing him on
drug charges.

He actually has some class....I remember growing up and turning on the news and hearing how Cowboys were getting arrested right and left...

Slim-Rob
09-24-2005, 12:34 AM
I love it... Redskins win once against the Cowboys and they think their hot stuff.... they are what 2-16 over the past years.... :confused:

Once again Redskins fans.

LOOK AT MY SIG. It says 52-33-2, Dallas leads series. Yes Aaron Glenn got burned and Roy Williams made the mistake of not nailing Moss' a$$ to the goal post, but Roy Williams did not get burned.

If you think Roy Williams is overated, just ask your boy Clinton Portis what his hits feel like....If anyone got owned, it was Mr. Portis

But congrats to the redskins winning, its just to bad they won't make the playoffs.

Reaganrattler07
09-24-2005, 12:35 AM
Once again Redskins fans.

LOOK AT MY SIG. It says 52-33-2, Dallas leads series. Yes Aaron Glenn got burned and Roy Williams made the mistake of not nailing Moss' a$$ to the goal post, but Roy Williams did not get burned.

If you think Roy Williams is overated, just ask your boy Clinton Portis what his hits feel like....If anyone got owned, it was Mr. Portis

But congrats to the redskins winning, its just to bad they won't make the playoffs.

Ask Mr. Crayton how Mr. Taylor's hit are.....

They may not make the playoffs but neither will the Cowboys.

wide-e-wide
09-24-2005, 12:44 AM
Yeah ...Taylor is a class act---

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-redskins-taylor&prov=ap&type=lgns

He was also arrested and pled no contest to beating up his girlfriend back in his Miami days...also had a run in with Dade County authorities right after he was drafted. Real classy dude....

You should know more about your team before you start taking up for them.

Reaganrattler07
09-24-2005, 11:06 AM
Yeah ...Taylor is a class act---

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-redskins-taylor&prov=ap&type=lgns

He was also arrested and pled no contest to beating up his girlfriend back in his Miami days...also had a run in with Dade County authorities right after he was drafted. Real classy dude....

You should know more about your team before you start taking up for them.

Hmmm, I suppose your right but I don't see where it says he beat up his girlfriend. And the report says he was with a "group of people"...and it was his vehicle that was stolen as well.

GoOwls
09-24-2005, 04:34 PM
And HE was the one who pulled a gun. Wanna go out on a limb and bet if the thing was a legal gun, that was legally purchased, and legally in his possession?

Of course you don't....even Deadskins and aggy fans aren't that naive. :D

Reaganrattler07
09-24-2005, 06:55 PM
And HE was the one who pulled a gun. Wanna go out on a limb and bet if the thing was a legal gun, that was legally purchased, and legally in his possession?

Of course you don't....even Deadskins and aggy fans aren't that naive. :D

Well, if you don't mind doing the research since your so determined to do it....that'd be fine by me. ;)

GoOwls
09-25-2005, 01:38 AM
I'd rather be the guy searching for knowledge than the guy who walks around with blinders on and refuses to see the truth, much less search for it.

You see youngster, when you search for truth you must be ready to accept the consequences of your quest. It's just a much simpler and easier path to choose to stick your head in the ground like an ostrich and ignore reality, much less truth, as you so obviously do.

Hopefully, with age and experience, you will mature.

CoppellCowboy57
09-26-2005, 07:31 PM
He actually has some class....I remember growing up and turning on the news and hearing how Cowboys were getting arrested right and left...

I can think of two...

-Micheal Irvin- Reformed, annaylist on ESPN, great guy today,
-Nate Newton- Reformed, is an anti-drug spokes men, and is a great guy today

Reaganrattler07
09-26-2005, 07:49 PM
I can think of two...

-Micheal Irvin- Reformed, annaylist on ESPN, great guy today,
-Nate Newton- Reformed, is an anti-drug spokes men, and is a great guy today

One of the "triplets" I remember someone was telling me he had a felony or something. There're some rotten apples....but there also some good ones (like the on you mentioned in that one thread)

GoOwls
09-18-2006, 04:10 PM
Hey Skins, I just had to go dredge up this old thread from last year. You were punkin' Roy and singin' the praises of ........let's see ........#89 I think ...... he still plays for the Skins don't he ......... I don't remember seeing him in the game ......... OH YES!! ........Santana Moss ......... he still plays for you guys doesn't he? :D :D :D

zippy
09-18-2006, 04:17 PM
Hey Skins, I just had to go dredge up this old thread from last year. You were punkin' Roy and singin' the praises of ........let's see ........#89 I think ...... he still plays for the Skins don't he ......... I don't remember seeing him in the game ......... OH YES!! ........Santana Moss ......... he still plays for you guys doesn't he? :D :D :D

Waiting over a year for that... Do any of these guys that are not banned even post anymore. Good one however...

Sacred Ground
09-18-2006, 05:45 PM
How old is this thread?

I would think that it would have been purged by now.

Reaganrattler07
09-18-2006, 09:31 PM

Lmao, he had some decent yards on you all.

But it just goes to show, we were playing so bad that we made ROY WILLIAMS (aka Burnt Texas Toast) look good....