PDA

View Full Version : Marriage...

CoppellCowboy57
09-21-2005, 10:23 PM
Hey older guys...how old were you when you got married, how long were you with your wife before you got married, what sacrifises did you make?

dragons08
09-21-2005, 10:25 PM
somebody must be in love...

Reaganrattler07
09-21-2005, 10:30 PM
Ah, D08, don't shoot him down like that...I'd say late twenties, all throughout thirties and early forties....oh, and CC57 it's "fence"

CoppellCowboy57
09-21-2005, 10:31 PM
somebody must be in love...

SHUT UP AM NOT *looks around*

dragons08
09-21-2005, 10:39 PM
Ah, D08, don't shoot him down like that...I'd say late twenties, all throughout thirties and early forties....oh, and CC57 it's "fence"
i wasnt shooting him down, i was doing the "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" thing ya know like when you find something out and your like "ohhhhh" its fun stuff

Reaganrattler07
09-21-2005, 10:43 PM
i wasnt shooting him down, i was doing the "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" thing ya know like when you find something out and your like "ohhhhh" its fun stuff

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhh

:p

GoOwls
09-22-2005, 04:10 AM
Hey older guys...how old were you when you got married, how long were you with your wife before you got married, what sacrifises did you make?

I got married at 21 after dating for 1 1/2 years and was too young and only thought I knew her. I wanted to think I knew her. I was wrong. We were married for 9 years, had 3 kids and one day she said she wanted to "find" herself. We got divorced and I raised the 3 kids as a single parent.

I threw myself into raising the kids and forgot about women. I became "SuperDadMom".

At 35, I re-met a woman I had worked with in my early twenties and respected her for being the woman and mother she was, even though her husband was cheating on her and mentally and physically abusing her (she's 5'10" and quite formidable and twice punched him out in self defense, it worked on her mind more that anything as her kids saw his actions, but he still abused her). Anyway, I knew we were good friends back then and we became friends again, first, then nature took over later.

She is my soulmate and best friend and I don't even think about other women, I wouldn't jeopardize what I have. I credit it to knowing each other well, as friends, first. The sex thing passes and those relationships will not last. If you like each other, really like each other, the other stuff will take care of itself. You have to find someone who you will be happy sitting on a porch with long after you've become old and ugly and all the heat has gone.

The sacrifices are just one to make it work.

Be willing to do whatever is necessary to make that person happy. If it means missing a game you want to see or watch sometimes, you do it, as long as the other person doesn't abuse that gift you give them and gives that gift back to you in kind.

I make most all the games I want to see, I get to watch most of the games I want to watch. That small sacrifice lets the other person know you care and reaffirms their belief that they are the most important thing in your life.

That small sacrifice is also helped by having Tevo so I can record the game and watch it when she goes to sleep. Improvisation is the key to "your" happiness. :)

GoOwls
09-22-2005, 04:11 AM
I got married at 21 after dating for 1 1/2 years and was too young and only thought I knew her. I wanted to think I knew her. I was wrong. We were married for 9 years, had 3 kids and one day she said she wanted to "find" herself. We got divorced and I raised the 3 kids as a single parent.

I threw myself into raising the kids and forgot about women. I became "SuperDadMom".

At 35, I re-met a woman I had worked with in my early twenties and respected her for being the woman and mother she was, even though her husband was cheating on her and mentally and physically abusing her (she's 5'10" and quite formidable and twice punched him out in self defense, it worked on her mind more that anything as her kids saw his actions, but he still abused her). Anyway, I knew we were good friends back then and we became friends again, first, then nature took over later.

She is my soulmate and best friend and I don't even think about other women, I wouldn't jeopardize what I have. I credit it to knowing each other well, as friends, first. The sex thing passes and those relationships will not last. If you like each other, really like each other, the other stuff will take care of itself. You have to find someone who you will be happy sitting on a porch with long after you've become old and ugly and all the heat has gone.

The sacrifices are just one to make it work.

Be willing to do whatever is necessary to make that person happy. If it means missing a game you want to see or watch sometimes, you do it, as long as the other person doesn't abuse that gift you give them and gives that gift back to you in kind.

I make most all the games I want to see, I get to watch most of the games I want to watch. That small sacrifice lets the other person know you care and reaffirms their belief that they are the most important thing in your life.

That small sacrifice is also helped by having Tevo so I can record the game and watch it when she goes to sleep. Improvisation is the key to "your" happiness. :)

BTW, I'm 47 now.

wide-e-wide
09-22-2005, 07:03 AM
CC57...don't do it man. Especially for a guy that is about to go in the military. DON'T DO IT! You'll be one of those poor saps glued to a pay phone...while all your buddies are going out on liberty. It rarely works...wait until you have at least 2 years in before you even whisper that word...marriage.

lonny23
09-22-2005, 07:13 AM
CC57...don't do it man. Especially for a guy that is about to go in the military. DON'T DO IT! You'll be one of those poor saps glued to a pay phone...while all your buddies are going out on liberty. It rarely works...wait until you have at least 2 years in before you even whisper that word...marriage.
Wide is right. Getting married young is one thing, but being in the military is another thing. When you have to deploy, your wife will want somebody and you won't be there. She might be the type to not look elsewhere and cheat, but a lot of women can't do it. That's why they give Air Force spouses gifts when the military member retires. You have to spend time away from each other and not everybody can do it. Your wife might have to do a lot to be a mother and father to the kids if you have any.

If you KNOW this is the right person go ahead and do it. She MUST know what you'll deal with in the Marines. There are nights alone, hard hours, weird schedules, and a lot of stress in the job.

My wife couldn't understand me needing to work long hours and thought I could just be at her beck and call for anything she wanted or wanted to do. I was 27 (1998) when we got married and I only knew her for a few months. She had traits I was loking for and praying for, but as a Korean, I didn't know all the bad traits she had. She ran away with the girls in 2003 the week after I got back from Afghanistan and we haven't lived together since then.

wide-e-wide
09-22-2005, 07:25 AM
And unfortunately there are eleventy billion stories just like Lonny's...I used to go down the pier and see Sailor's wives crying and holding babies as the ships were pulling out....Later that night I would go to the club and see those same women drinking and dancing with other men. It's sad ...but true. It takes a different type of woman to survive deployments...the ones that can handle it are complete angels and should be applauded...but there are some that act like they can...but refuse to ...when it comes down to it.

wide's BETTER half
09-22-2005, 07:50 AM
I'm not one of the older guys but I am a woman and we always have to put our two cents in :) ...

Ya know...this is a time when I'll say my husband is right. :eek: You've got a lot facing you and the last thing you need is some woman weakening your mind. If it's the real thing then she'll still be there when the time is better. Not to mention your age. I don't know exactly how old you are but am assuming you're fairly young. Let me stress what's been touched on in another reply. You'll change a lot over the next few years (and more esp you considering what's in your near future) and you, and her, will more than likely be a lot different a few years down the road. I know tons of people that want one thing out of life and one certain type of person at ages say 18-22 but then by the time they're 25-28 have different goals and ideas. I would never recommend anyone getting married before the age of at least 24! Yes, there are those stories of people getting married young and living happily ever after but unfortunately those are one in a million these days. Just give it tons and tons of thought if you're considering it. It's a HUGE decision that all too often people take too lightly.

pack0808
09-22-2005, 08:46 AM
we married after we both graduated from college i was 25 and she was 24 and now we have 4 little boys. :eek: We started dating when she was a senior at LHS and i was at a local juco playing ball. We met at a huge party at my parents house by the way. LOL We have been off and on since both going our own ways in college but we somehow made it through and got married. I am 31 now and she is 30. Now, I want to kill her half of the time and she wants to kill me 99 percent of the time so the house is always full of excitement when you add the 4 kids along with death threats. LOL ;) My house is never boring!! Oh the married life. I did not realize how good i had it back when i was in school living with my parents and they were paying all of my bills. Oh i miss those days. LOL

ktchamp97
09-22-2005, 11:01 AM
CC57,

I guess since I'm replying to this thread, I've entered 'older guy' status...lol.

I'll be just about a week past my 26th birthday when I get married. We've been together for 8 years, and believe it or not, we've NEVER been 'broken up' or anything like that. I knew I wanted to marry her after about 3 months, but we both knew it wouldn't be a smart thing to do at the time. We were so sure that we'd always be together, why rush it?

We went to separate colleges, which in the long run was a tremendous blessing, because we got to do our own thing and grow on our own while still taking care of all of our school work. We both grew up ALOT in those 4.5 years. There were tough times, for sure, but we made it.

We both graduated in the Fall '02. So, by then it was time to get married right? Well, we both decided that we needed to get settled first and go from there...plus after college I was dead-*** broke and couldn't afford the ring she soooo deserved for all she meant to me and all she did for me...so we decided to wait. She got a job right away and I was unemployed for 6 months (it was a HORRIBLE job market at the time).

I finally got some full-time work and eventually caught a break allowing me to use my engineering degree and I finally had enough to get her that ring in March. I proposed at the top of the "Lost Mines Trail" in Big Bend at about 6,000'. It was most definitely worth the wait.

We made sacrifices along the way, for sure, but it never seemed like that much of a burden because we knew why we were doing things the way we were.

My only advice is that there is no need to rush things. You should carefully examine, with her preferably, the impacts of getting married. It should be something you are both TOTALLY and willingly ready to do. If you're at that point and you REALLY know the girl...I mean you know her as well as you know yourself, then more power to you. Just really consider the implications...not that they're all bad by any means...just think ahead. If you're meant to be together, that stuff will work out on its own.

Garland02
09-22-2005, 03:52 PM
We started dating at 16, lived together at 18, and married at 19. Our 25th anniversary is next June. We are the exception rather than the rule, most people that I have known that married as young as we did, didn't stay together. It was not as unusual back then to get married at 19. My wife was very persuasive back then, or maybe I just didn't always think with the right head. I will advise my kids to wait until they are older than we were, since so many marraiges end in divorce these days. We are/were very determined people, we have accomplished most everything we ever set out to accomplish, and have thrown ourselves pretty much into our kids lives the last 21+ years. It has worked for us, but it doesn't for most. Women can be persuasive, and can catch you at a moment where you aren't thinking straight, and get you to commit to something without really weighing the pros and cons. You aren't married now, so I think this is something you need to decide for yourself, and try not to let her influence you. If you have already enlisted, and you are going to be away for awhile....I would reason with her to wait until you are back, if she is the right one, she will still be there.

RedRage00
09-22-2005, 04:04 PM
CC57,

I guess since I'm replying to this thread, I've entered 'older guy' status...lol.

I'll be just about a week past my 26th birthday when I get married. We've been together for 8 years, and believe it or not, we've NEVER been 'broken up' or anything like that. I knew I wanted to marry her after about 3 months, but we both knew it wouldn't be a smart thing to do at the time. We were so sure that we'd always be together, why rush it?

We went to separate colleges, which in the long run was a tremendous blessing, because we got to do our own thing and grow on our own while still taking care of all of our school work. We both grew up ALOT in those 4.5 years. There were tough times, for sure, but we made it.

We both graduated in the Fall '02. So, by then it was time to get married right? Well, we both decided that we needed to get settled first and go from there...plus after college I was dead-*** broke and couldn't afford the ring she soooo deserved for all she meant to me and all she did for me...so we decided to wait. She got a job right away and I was unemployed for 6 months (it was a HORRIBLE job market at the time).

I finally got some full-time work and eventually caught a break allowing me to use my engineering degree and I finally had enough to get her that ring in March. I proposed at the top of the "Lost Mines Trail" in Big Bend at about 6,000'. It was most definitely worth the wait.

We made sacrifices along the way, for sure, but it never seemed like that much of a burden because we knew why we were doing things the way we were.

My only advice is that there is no need to rush things. You should carefully examine, with her preferably, the impacts of getting married. It should be something you are both TOTALLY and willingly ready to do. If you're at that point and you REALLY know the girl...I mean you know her as well as you know yourself, then more power to you. Just really consider the implications...not that they're all bad by any means...just think ahead. If you're meant to be together, that stuff will work out on its own.

Great advice ktchamp!

garlandowl08
09-22-2005, 04:13 PM
I like how everybody immediately assumes hes thinking about getting married...

Reaganrattler07
09-22-2005, 05:08 PM

Nah, me and D08 replied....for all we know you could be 17! ;)

c-lisle
09-22-2005, 05:46 PM
Ask God for guidance, He is never wrong.....unlike all of us. I have been married for 1.5 years and just had my first child. God has blessed me beyond my wildest dreams. He will bless you too if you look to Him. Marriage is one of the most important decisions you will ever make.

CoppellCowboy57
09-22-2005, 08:22 PM
Im not planning on getting married. My girlfriend brought it up the other day...(for the record im 18). I had the same idea as wide, waiting two years after I get, shes told me time and time agian she wont leave me when I go to basic (which will be anytime now). I was just thinking about, stuff I guess...

Lufkin_Class_Of_08
09-22-2005, 08:35 PM
if and when u get married u better invite the ole wide...u stuck up for him...he should get an invite ;)

wide-e-wide
09-22-2005, 08:43 PM
Oh....Old Wide will be there...let's just hope he's stationed in San Diego when the ceremony happens....I can't go to Virginia...'ya know...old warrants and all....hahahahaha

CoppellCowboy57
09-22-2005, 08:47 PM
Oh....Old Wide will be there...let's just hope he's stationed in San Diego when the ceremony happens....I can't go to Virginia...'ya know...old warrants and all....hahahahaha

When I get married its happening right here in tx, I cant imagin gettng married anywhere else...

wide-e-wide
09-22-2005, 09:47 PM
then I will certainly be there my brother...
I will bring the wife and everything...
You are going to have free beer after the wedding right?
If not.....I ....ummmm...I can't make it that weekend.

dada
10-06-2005, 11:04 AM
I know I'm late on this, but take your time Cowboy. You're young and you have a long way to go. Not to sound mean or anything, but 4-5 years from now, you may have forgotten about someone who is the love of your life right now. You still have the world ahead of you....enjoy it. I'm 30 and when you're 17-18 you look at 30 as OLD and the end of the world......Take your time. And i was in the military also...take it from Lonny and Wide...Being young going into the real world is hard enough...being young in the military is a little harder....now add the responsibility of Wife and possible family. Just some advice....take your time. If it's meant to be, she will be there. My girlfriend at the time was the love of my life...went I got on the plane to go to basic...she cryed, passed out, fainted...I even cried...I called and wrote her almost everyday....Now she's a crack-head...I blow at her every now and then when I pass by her corner and just shake my head....lol. I always tell people that she couldnt handle me leaving so she went to the ol reliable crack pipe. THEN I met the next love of my life...that lasted 8 years and I got my son out of it....but we are like Cats and dogs...cant get along. I have my son with me now..and the last love of my life is about to give birth to my daughter....SHE IS THE ONE....I've known her forever...we dated waaayyyy back in the day....like I say...IF IT'S MEANT TO BE....she will still be there. That's what I'm going through now.

CoppellCowboy57
10-06-2005, 04:30 PM
then I will certainly be there my brother...
I will bring the wife and everything...
You are going to have free beer after the wedding right?
If not.....I ....ummmm...I can't make it that weekend.

#1 im not planning on getting married Dada4u...but maybe in a couple of years...

Wide...open bar my man, open bar...its a family rule...All events that they go to must have an open bar or else we aint going

LoneStarProud
10-18-2005, 03:09 AM
If she's 6'2 220lbs and runs a sub 4.4 40yd...keep her. Good football genetics should be a top priority.

wide-e-wide
10-18-2005, 07:36 AM
If she's 6'2 220lbs and runs a sub 4.4 40yd...keep her. Good football genetics should be a top priority.

hahaha
Now that was a good one. haha

lonny23
10-18-2005, 11:28 AM
Ask God for guidance, He is never wrong.....unlike all of us. I have been married for 1.5 years and just had my first child. God has blessed me beyond my wildest dreams. He will bless you too if you look to Him. Marriage is one of the most important decisions you will ever make.
That's real good advice.

Reaganrattler07
10-18-2005, 07:06 PM

Course we'd know who wore the pants in the family....

dragons08
10-18-2005, 09:17 PM
haha thats great

Cujo
10-18-2005, 11:20 PM
LMAO :D

I know this post is redundant, but that's the funniest thing I've read on here.

lonny23
10-23-2005, 07:45 AM
Course we'd know who wore the pants in the family....
The person that makes the money!

dragons08
10-23-2005, 02:35 PM
The person that makes the money!
not nesscarry, who ever is bigger strogner and meaner

chhspantherfan
03-08-2012, 05:21 PM
Im not planning on getting married. My girlfriend brought it up the other day...(for the record im 18). I had the same idea as wide, waiting two years after I get, shes told me time and time agian she wont leave me when I go to basic (which will be anytime now). I was just thinking about, stuff I guess...

well? what happened?

drgnbkr
03-08-2012, 06:32 PM
well? what happened?

He got Marined...Semper Fi!

ktCarl
03-08-2012, 07:17 PM

I was 20 when I married. A baby.
Our engagement was nearly 1.5 yrs.
I met her in church when I was 13 yrs old.
My only sacrifice was giving up single life.
Our 36th anniversary is this coming Monday.

ktCarl
03-08-2012, 07:20 PM
I can't believe I just responded to this thread....TWICE!!

mamaCat
03-08-2012, 07:46 PM
I was 21....pregnant..( no commentary necessary ) and in love. Justice of the Peace at 8 months. The reason I even responded is that baby is now 24 and getting married to the most perfect woman for him.....NEXT FRIDAY! And I'm still married to his daddy.

twcpfan1
03-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Where's the poll asking if you ever screwed around on your spouse? :D

Why the heck are you digging up all these old threads?

chhspantherfan
03-08-2012, 08:01 PM

:yes::yes::yes::yes:

Happy 36th !!!

chhspantherfan
03-08-2012, 08:06 PM
I was 21....pregnant..( no commentary necessary ) and in love. Justice of the Peace at 8 months. The reason I even responded is that baby is now 24 and getting married to the most perfect woman for him.....NEXT FRIDAY! And I'm still married to his daddy.

Congrats....you have an anniversary the same week as KTCarl.....that's iconic.:cool:

chhspantherfan
03-08-2012, 08:07 PM
Where's the poll asking if you ever screwed around on your spouse? :D

Why the heck are you digging up all these old threads?

give me a minute, I'll find it.......

Tom
03-08-2012, 10:19 PM
I'll be 28 in May, and still have not gone down that road.

SLC93
03-09-2012, 08:45 AM

I was 33 when I married my wife. We had been dating for just under 3 years. I'm not sure what sacrifices you're refering to. There is always compromise, a constant give and take. If you've been seeing someone for awhile, though, you're already somewhat familiar with that dynamic.

SLC93
03-09-2012, 08:48 AM

Guilty.

Damn you archive diggers!:mad::D

SLC93
03-09-2012, 08:49 AM

All of which only serves to give further meaning to the beilief that it is not where we start but rather where we end. Congrats on your journey.:notworthy

twcpfan1
03-09-2012, 08:55 AM
All of which only serves to give further meaning to the beilief that it is not where we start but rather where we end. Congrats on your journey.:notworthy

Thank God for Viagra, old ladies are screwing around less on their husbands now. :D. That 20-40 sexual peak was very bad planning :D

mamaCat
03-09-2012, 09:35 AM
Thank God for Viagra, old ladies are screwing around less on their husbands now. :D. That 20-40 sexual peak was very bad planning :D
Haven't you heard...CIALIS!!! Viagra is for old people!

mamaCat
03-09-2012, 09:40 AM

A great sense of humor..the ability to LET IT GO...don't expect people to change.....and the barter system certainly helps!
And for heavens sake...Honestly is NOT always the best policy... some secrets should be kept.

chhspantherfan
03-09-2012, 12:26 PM
Guilty.

Damn you archive diggers!:mad::D

going on sig:)

ktCarl
03-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Haven't you heard...CIALIS!!! Viagra is for old people!

But Cialis is responsible for those darn 4hr erections. When I get finished I have another 3hrs and 45 mins of looking at the Dude in the German helmet.

mamaCat
03-09-2012, 12:55 PM
But Cialis is responsible for those darn 4hr erections. When I get finished I have another 3hrs and 45 mins of looking at the Dude in the German helmet.

:yes::yes:!!!
Obviously you need to work on your bartering ktCarl! :rofl:

Longhorns12
03-09-2012, 01:05 PM

You dont look old enough to have a 24 yr old.

Congrats to your son!!!

Tom
03-09-2012, 05:26 PM

3 hours and 45 minutes?

Yeah, I believe that... :D

SLC93
03-09-2012, 07:13 PM
going on sig:)

Now if I could just get banned I will have done it all. :Censor::Censor::Censor:

:D

SLC93
03-09-2012, 07:15 PM

Prop a good book up and relax, big fella. :heli:

mamaCat
03-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Prop a good book up and relax, big fella. :heli:

:yes:

twcpfan1
03-09-2012, 07:52 PM

He can always ask your right hand on a date and see if he gets lucky :eek:

TexasRed6x
03-09-2012, 07:55 PM
im 23 and single..being single sucks! :mad:

cyfallsbooster2
03-09-2012, 08:24 PM

Until you have been hitched.;)

After 35 years......single ain't bad.;)

mamaCat
03-09-2012, 09:05 PM
Until you have been hitched.;)

After 35 years......single ain't bad.;)
It COULD definitely have its moments......:eek:

dragonpants
03-09-2012, 09:49 PM

That was the best time of my life. 23 and single.........ah yes. If you need a mentor let me know. As for marriage I am on my third so I am probably not the best person to seek advice from. This one is going very well though.

yankee
03-09-2012, 09:52 PM
Confession. I think I've found the woman I want to marry. It's scary.

CCCSportsFan
03-09-2012, 09:58 PM

Congrats! I agree, when you meet the right woman and the thought hits you that you might want to marry her that is scary!

But if you're not scared by the prospect of marriage and the commitment that comes with it, you need one of your best buddies to help you take off the blinders!

yankee
03-09-2012, 10:26 PM
Congrats! I agree, when you meet the right woman and the thought hits you that you might want to marry her that is scary!

But if you're not scared by the prospect of marriage and the commitment that comes with it, you need one of your best buddies to help you take off the blinders!

Haha thanks for the advice CCCsportsfan!

Dawg Fan
03-09-2012, 10:32 PM
Got married at 21 and just celebrated my 32nd anniversary. Life is GOOD!!

da hawaiian
03-10-2012, 06:40 AM
Got married at 21 and just celebrated my 32nd anniversary. Life is GOOD!!

:notworthy:notworthy

chhspantherfan
03-10-2012, 06:53 AM
That was the best time of my life. 23 and single.........ah yes. If you need a mentor let me know. As for marriage I am on my third so I am probably not the best person to seek advice from. This one is going very well though.

Third time's a charm? :cool: Your wife is a saint, and I should know, I married one too. Will be 22 years in July unless the Mayans were right.

dragonpants
03-10-2012, 06:54 AM

Run like the wind you are too young. Now if you have found the unique woman that will allow you to be engaged for 8-10 years and occasionally date other women while you are engaged then you need to scoop her up right now. :D

dragonpants
03-10-2012, 06:57 AM
Third time's a charm? :cool: Your wife is a saint, and I should know, I married one too. Will be 22 years in July unless the Mayans were right.

Yes you are correct we both got pretty lucky, we may not be the easiest people to be married to of course I highly disagree but I think we have both been told that. You will celebrate your anniversary according to the Mayans the world does not end until December, remember 12 12 12. I have to teach you everything. :D

chhspantherfan
03-10-2012, 06:59 AM
Yes you are correct we both got pretty lucky, we may not be the easiest people to be married to of course I highly disagree but I think we have both been told that. You will celebrate your anniversary according to the Mayans the world does not end until December, remember 12 12 12. I have to teach you everything. :D

Thanks, I was worried there for a minute:D

And she told me last night that she couldn't remember what in the hell she saw in me........I laughed til she told me to shut up and by then she was laughing so hard she was crying.......she remembered!!!

da hawaiian
03-10-2012, 07:23 AM
Married late, I was 29. 14 years later still in love with my sweetheart.

mamaCat
03-10-2012, 07:26 AM
12/21/12.....thats the day

chhspantherfan
03-10-2012, 07:40 AM
12/21/12.....thats the day

oops the Mayans are gonna ruin the next one.

mamaCat
03-10-2012, 07:44 AM
oops the Mayans are gonna ruin the next one.

Well I would hate for you to wake up on the 13th and think you were safe. I say we must party on the 20th, still celebrating state championship wins for Guyer and SLC;)

chhspantherfan
03-10-2012, 07:55 AM
Well I would hate for you to wake up on the 13th and think you were safe. I say we must party on the 20th, still celebrating state championship wins for Guyer and SLC;)

that will be impressive....with the only loss to CHHS;)

mamaCat
03-10-2012, 08:29 AM
that will be impressive....with the only loss to CHHS;)

:rofl:..oh Panther!:rofl: , not if the Little Kitty and his friends come ready for a cat fight!

dragonpants
03-10-2012, 08:33 AM
:rofl:..oh Panther!:rofl: , not if the Little Kitty and his friends come ready for a cat fight!

I am sure he would be thrilled that you are calling it a cat fight.
I have heard that there will not helmets worn and the linemen will be allowed to pull the DL's hair. Thank god little panther does not play DL he has quite a mane.

Should be a good game, Panther there is one corner you guys can light up especially with that tall fast white kid ya'll have.

mamaCat
03-10-2012, 08:41 AM
I am sure he would be thrilled that you are calling it a cat fight.
I have heard that there will not helmets worn and the linemen will be allowed to pull the DL's hair. Thank god little panther does not play DL he has quite a mane.

Should be a good game, Panther there is one corner you guys can light up especially with that tall fast white kid ya'll have.

Don't get all excited YET...that Corner has been moved.....THANK GOD! Well my DLineman keeps his shaved ...he needs to be totally focused on knocking people out of their helmets ..NOT on his mane. Yes...the little Panther is happy hes not a running back...or a Quarterback.

dragonpants
03-10-2012, 08:55 AM
Don't get all excited YET...that Corner has been moved.....THANK GOD! Well my DLineman keeps his shaved ...he needs to be totally focused on knocking people out of their helmets ..NOT on his mane. Yes...the little Panther is happy hes not a running back...or a Quarterback.

ah you have not seen this qb, he does not get sacked much and has nothing to do with his scrambling ability. I think Guyer may win late because they will be more physical than the Colleywood fellas but Guyer has been susceptible to good passing teams. Of course CHHS played into OT against a very physical Trinity team that would have b1tch slapped Guyer last year. If your son plays the strong side he will get some mismatches against the Colleyville basketball backcourt that they traditionally start over there. He could be going up against a 185 lb guard. :D

mamaCat
03-10-2012, 09:02 AM
ah you have not seen this qb, he does not get sacked much and has nothing to do with his scrambling ability. I think Guyer may win late because they will be more physical than the Colleywood fellas but Guyer has been susceptible to good passing teams. Of course CHHS played into OT against a very physical Trinity team that would have b1tch slapped Guyer last year. If your son plays the strong side he will get some mismatches against the Colleyville basketball backcourt that they traditionally start over there. He could be going up against a 185 lb guard. :D

What.. is he built like a Brick :Censor:house ? I have a strong feeling that we won't be AS susceptible to the passing game this year. We WILL however not have as good of a passing game without Connor Crane...:(.
:rofl:about the basketball backcourt!!! Hey look at that...we actually took a thread on Marriage in the Yard and turned it into FOOTBALL...and I was in on it! :D

chhspantherfan
03-10-2012, 09:07 AM
What.. is he built like a Brick :Censor:house ? I have a strong feeling that we won't be AS susceptible to the passing game this year. We WILL however not have as good of a passing game without Connor Crane...:(.
:rofl:about the basketball backcourt!!! Hey look at that...we actually took a thread on Marriage in the Yard and turned it into FOOTBALL...and I was in on it! :D

no too fast there, loser. :p

mamaCat
03-10-2012, 09:15 AM
no too fast there, loser. :p

Hey...do we know where this game will be played yet?? Because I am friends with the announcer for Guyer..:rock:..... this could be good ;)

Tom
03-10-2012, 03:14 PM
Hey...do we know where this game will be played yet?? Because I am friends with the announcer for Guyer..:rock:..... this could be good ;)

It's at Colleyville.

mamaCat
03-10-2012, 03:21 PM
It's at Colleyville.

Of course it is:rolleyes: Panther is safe, well except from himself:rofl:

dragonpants
03-10-2012, 03:37 PM
Of course it is:rolleyes: Panther is safe, well except from himself:rofl:

Which game of the season is it. We have a game early in the season on a Thursday against Allen so this is one I would like to see and since it is in Colleywood close to home. The panther fans love me.

mamaCat
03-10-2012, 03:44 PM
Which game of the season is it. We have a game early in the season on a Thursday against Allen so this is one I would like to see and since it is in Colleywood close to home. The panther fans love me.

Second game....So I guess you would be a Panther fan. :rolleyes: That's understandable
You can comfort your heterosexual life mate , I'll call you guys to gloat if necessary! But loser has to buy drinks after

mojotrain
03-10-2012, 07:17 PM
I didn't read all the replys but I would suggest that if you feel you are giving up something in order to marry you may not be ready. Once married, if you find she/he is cramping your style you must also realize that she/he has given giving up as much as you. Like a earlier post indicated you won't know them, no matter how much you know them until you are married. The live together thing is as phoney as a three dollar bill. Living together unmarried to find out if you can live together became popular after the fiftys. Check the divorce rate since that time.

I married my first time at the age of 21 after dating three months. That lasted until my wifes death 30 years later. My second time around (you know what they say about the second time around) happened after four years of dating. We have been married 15 years.

No secret to it, just put away your childish things and go into it with the idea he/she is going to be your very, very best friend.

Truthfully!

dragonpants
03-10-2012, 11:38 PM
Second game....So I guess you would be a Panther fan. :rolleyes: That's understandable
You can comfort your heterosexual life mate , I'll call you guys to gloat if necessary! But loser has to buy drinks after

I will cheer for CHHS out of respect for Panther and to support his kids but other than that I am not much of Colleyville fan. Going to a Colleywood game with Panther is an event, an experience not to be missed, he is quite passionate. :D

da hawaiian
03-11-2012, 05:51 AM
What.. is he built like a Brick :Censor:house ? I have a strong feeling that we won't be AS susceptible to the passing game this year. We WILL however not have as good of a passing game without Connor Crane....
about the basketball backcourt!!! Hey look at that...we actually took a thread on Marriage in the Yard and turned it into FOOTBALL...and I was in on it!

I love me some mamaCat. I love it when women talk football :notworthy

side note: The Colleyville QB is terrific. The kind of player that can put a whole team on his shoulders if you let him. Pantherfan knows the Kryptonite, but he won't tell you what it is...hint*watch film of their loss to Timberview :o

talk more football mamaCat :notworthy

chhspantherfan
03-11-2012, 07:38 AM
I will cheer for CHHS out of respect for Panther and to support his kids but other than that I am not much of Colleyville fan. Going to a Colleywood game with Panther is an event, an experience not to be missed, he is quite passionate. :D

side note: The Colleyville QB is terrific. The kind of player that can put a whole team on his shoulders if you let him. Pantherfan knows the Kryptonite, but he won't tell you what it is...hint*watch film of their loss to Timberview :o

need a marriage thread to get the football talk going. Wow.

Rest assured the Guyer coaches will have the Timberview film, and we were exposed. Hopefully, we make a few adjustments in how we approach things .

mamaCat
03-11-2012, 07:47 AM

:D...well I'll try, I don't know much about the other several hundred teams in this state but I'm working on it...
As far as Collleyville goes...as Panther said I'm sure they're on to that at Guyer ...but I will tell my people to tell Walshs people ;)!
AND...btw ..I love the way you dance along the bleachers when something good happens at a game....You are infectious!

mamaCat
03-11-2012, 08:03 AM

Well I'll have to make a trip over to your side and check it out....especially if we are winning...Sounds like something I should see. He was rather tame at the SLC/Bowie game.
AS far as I can tell you arent much of a fan of Guyer football either....freaking dragonlover.

dragonpants
03-11-2012, 09:39 AM
Well I'll have to make a trip over to your side and check it out....especially if we are winning...Sounds like something I should see. He was rather tame at the SLC/Bowie game.
AS far as I can tell you arent much of a fan of Guyer football either....freaking dragonlover.

First of all it is not MY side, he is tame unless it is Colleyville. In terms of Guyer I am kind of ambivalent, your coach is a hard guy to like and there are other coaches that feel the same way so I do not think I am too far off the mark. I do not know him personally so my opinion is based on the opinions of others and how he coaches. I will say the Guyer weight lifting program must be very good as the kids appear to be very muscular. I do not know about the conditioning program but they are physically strong.
Has anyone told Walsh about that haircut?

mamaCat
03-11-2012, 09:44 AM
First of all it is not MY side, he is tame unless it is Colleyville. In terms of Guyer I am kind of ambivalent, your coach is a hard guy to like and there are other coaches that feel the same way so I do not think I am too far off the mark. I do not know him personally so my opinion is based on the opinions of others and how he coaches. I will say the Guyer weight lifting program must be very good as the kids appear to be very muscular. I do not know about the conditioning program but they are physically strong.
Has anyone told Walsh about that haircut?

I think it matches the gap in his teeth:D And I haven't gotten confirmation on post game drinks, and don't try telling me you guys won't be having any ....I know better

dragonpants
03-11-2012, 10:08 AM
I think it matches the gap in his teeth:D And I haven't gotten confirmation on post game drinks, and don't try telling me you guys won't be having any ....I know better

Pre and post game drinks are a given, we do not need anyone to twist our arms. I still do not know if I will be in attendance. I have to check our schedule. I would probably watch your game instead of driving to Temple but i think we are playing them at Cowboys so I could meet Panther after. If that is the week of Tyer I do not know if that is a Friday or Saturday. I do not think we have officially posted our schedule.

In terms of football knowledge before you start learning other teams, study the spread option(zone read) and the 4-3 defense, pass that quiz and then you start learning about the other teams in your district. Of course you will have to get with someone else on that as I know nothing about any of them and do not plan on learning.
I have our district figured out, it sucks but not much travel. I could see myself seeing some other teams on Friday nights this year as with Keller away games we could be playing on Thurs or Saturday. I like your stadium but who ever decided to put it out in BF should be shot.

da hawaiian
03-11-2012, 12:04 PM
:D...well I'll try, I don't know much about the other several hundred teams in this state but I'm working on it...
As far as Collleyville goes...as Panther said I'm sure they're on to that at Guyer ...but I will tell my people to tell Walshs people ;)!
AND...btw ..I love the way you dance along the bleachers when something good happens at a game....You are infectious!

Well, I was still carrying a little chip on my shoulder from the week prior :) it was good watching that coach eat a little humple pie. Couldn't believe how rude some the silver and black fans were after the loss "Southlake you guys still suck!!" as they drove by a group in green. I know I know, few rotten eggs and such, but still - Walsh is tame compared to Wager, these things have a way of permeating a community :D

But honestly, if Either of these fine coaches made their way to Trinity when Lineweaver retires....I'd defend them with venomous vigor :cool: