PDA

View Full Version : Henry Melton vs. Hurricane Rita

jtk1519
09-21-2005, 07:51 PM
I dont, know why, but I have laughed so hard at this picture for several hours now.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v601/Greendragonsix/MeltonvsRita.jpg

dragons08
09-21-2005, 07:54 PM
all i have to say is.........WOW, i wish we had a way to stop hurricanes, i wonder if dropping a bomb in one would do anything? probalyl not but theres got to be a way to stop them or at least weaken them tremdosly

wide-e-wide
09-21-2005, 07:57 PM
If it were only that easy...

jtk1519
09-21-2005, 08:12 PM
Just drop the H-bomb in the eye. He'll take care of the rest.

Reaganrattler07
09-21-2005, 08:26 PM
all i have to say is.........WOW, i wish we had a way to stop hurricanes, i wonder if dropping a bomb in one would do anything? probalyl not but theres got to be a way to stop them or at least weaken them tremdosly

Well, if it were a nuke, we'd just worsen the situation by killing all the life in the ocean and poisoning water....but i do wish there was at least a buffer zone or something in the Gulf...

dada
09-21-2005, 08:43 PM
Well, if it were a nuke, we'd just worsen the situation by killing all the life in the ocean and poisoning water....but i do wish there was at least a buffer zone or something in the Gulf...
I saw something on Discovery Channel about a guy having a way to stop hurricanes....the idea was to take a lot of barges filled with Jet turbines in them and put them out in the gulf up under a storm and blow air into them.....I didnt catch all of it, but it said it could work.

dragons08
09-21-2005, 08:50 PM
I saw something on Discovery Channel about a guy having a way to stop hurricanes....the idea was to take a lot of barges filled with Jet turbines in them and put them out in the gulf up under a storm and blow air into them.....I didnt catch all of it, but it said it could work.
thats like saying if i clap it'll stop because i say soo...but i think i get what hes talking about...hurricanes are formed by cool and warm air mixing correct? just like a tornado so those jets will affect that somehow might as well try it

dada
09-21-2005, 08:54 PM
thats like saying if i clap it'll stop because i say soo...but i think i get what hes talking about...hurricanes are formed by cool and warm air mixing correct? just like a tornado so those jets will affect that somehow might as well try it
Yeah...something like that...they would load these barges with jet engines and face them all skyward to break it up or something.

LoneRocket
09-21-2005, 09:11 PM
--

Reaganrattler07
09-21-2005, 09:15 PM
A bomb would give it strength because of the heating of the water. Some say that the warming of the water is a side effect of global warming. The barrier reefs islands are a natural boarder against hurricanes because of the force of the cane will weaken once it slams into the barrier reefs. Because of erosion most of it man made has deteriorated those barriers.

Well, another thing about a bomb is the blast would most likely disperse the windows and such...maybe. But repercussions would be devastating.

Heck, y'all come up with so much complex ideas, why not dump a load of ice in the water? Hurricanes strengthen on hot water....

jtk1519
09-21-2005, 10:46 PM
To destroy a hurricane, you must first now how it is formed. From what I understand, scientists are still unsure as to what actually creates a hurricane. They know how they are formed, but they don't know the catalyst that triggers the whole production.

Reaganrattler07
09-21-2005, 10:53 PM
To destroy a hurricane, you must first now how it is formed. From what I understand, scientists are still unsure as to what actually creates a hurricane. They know how they are formed, but they don't know the catalyst that triggers the whole production.

I still go with my whole ice idea....although we'd have to get a heck of a lot of ice, heck of a lot of boats and hope it doesn't melt by the time it gets there...and then the water displacement goes into effect....ah well...i still like the ice though...

CoppellCowboy57
09-21-2005, 10:58 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WOW, Henry might stand a chance...

Now Fighting in the 7th and Final Round of this super heavy weight battle...

Rita makes takes gives an upper cut to Melton, Melton swings and misses, Rita a right hook...OH MELTON IS OUT, FOR THE COUNT...

WINNER A NEW CHAMPION OF THE WORLD HURRICANE "THE WIND FACTORY" RITA

jtk1519
09-22-2005, 12:11 AM
I still go with my whole ice idea....although we'd have to get a heck of a lot of ice, heck of a lot of boats and hope it doesn't melt by the time it gets there...and then the water displacement goes into effect....ah well...i still like the ice though...

Anybody ever seen the old Richard Pryor movie "Brewster's Millions"? There was a scene where this guy approaches Pryor's character with the idea of placing a motor on a giant iceberg and driving the iceberg to the Middle East where is could then provide water for the desert people. That's kind of what Redskin's idea reminds me of.

Scientifically, it is not possible. For one, the sheer amount of ice needed to drop the surface temperature of just a one square mile section of the gulf just one degree, would probably be beyond the production capabilities that currently exist. The second problem is that the Gulf of Mexico (like any ocean or gulf on the planet) is salt water. Ice (such as an iceberg) is fresh water. The influx of that amount of fresh water in to the Gulf would be disastrous. Remember the movie "The Day After Tomorrow"? While the movie was corny and seemingly void of any realistic scientific merit, the principal of the story, an abundance of fresh water being released into salt water thereby causing massive global changes, is very real and scientist do believe that enough fresh water (from melting polar ice caps) being released into the world's oceans would cause world wide and possible cataclysmic changes to the global weather system.

I think the simplest and most effective way of eliminating the danger caused by hurricanes is to prevent them from ever forming. Find the catalyst that triggers the cycle of events that leads to the formation of a tropical depression and then a hurricane. Find that catalyst and then eliminate it or alter it in a way that disrupts the cycles of events leading to the formation of the hurricane thereby preventing the genesis of whole thing before it ever starts.

At least that's my 2 cents.

GTown02
09-22-2005, 12:25 AM
Its scientificly proven that Henry Melton would win by knockout early in the 3rd round... end of story! :cool:

jtk1519
09-22-2005, 12:27 AM
Its scientificly proven that Henry Melton would win by knockout early in the 3rd round... end of story! :cool:

Clearly.

mtbray
09-22-2005, 10:10 AM
Man can't beat mother nature...face it.

jtk1519
09-22-2005, 01:08 PM
Man can't beat mother nature...face it.

Man can't, but Hank the Tank is not man... he is beast.

wide-e-wide
09-22-2005, 02:09 PM
Will somebody please explain to Skins88 that ice is water in solid form.
What good would dropping more water in the water do? It would just make it bigger..huh? You're gonna fit right in at aggy.

garlandowl08
09-22-2005, 03:33 PM
Will somebody please explain to Skins88 that ice is water in solid form.
What good would dropping more water in the water do? It would just make it bigger..huh? You're gonna fit right in at aggy.

I don't think you understand his proposition. You should have let jtk do the talking. Redskins was saying that lowering the temperature enough would weeaken the hurricane...and that is true, hurricanes feed off of warm water, hence the whole debacle about global warming. THe fact that you would be adding more water wouldn't have much of an effect on the hurricane, except for what jtk said...

mad_fan
09-22-2005, 04:28 PM
I'd vote for a 50 foot wall along the coast down to brownsville...hang a right and keep building it right up the rio grande... :D

Reaganrattler07
09-22-2005, 05:05 PM
Anybody ever seen the old Richard Pryor movie "Brewster's Millions"? There was a scene where this guy approaches Pryor's character with the idea of placing a motor on a giant iceberg and driving the iceberg to the Middle East where is could then provide water for the desert people. That's kind of what Redskin's idea reminds me of.

Scientifically, it is not possible. For one, the sheer amount of ice needed to drop the surface temperature of just a one square mile section of the gulf just one degree, would probably be beyond the production capabilities that currently exist. The second problem is that the Gulf of Mexico (like any ocean or gulf on the planet) is salt water. Ice (such as an iceberg) is fresh water. The influx of that amount of fresh water in to the Gulf would be disastrous. Remember the movie "The Day After Tomorrow"? While the movie was corny and seemingly void of any realistic scientific merit, the principal of the story, an abundance of fresh water being released into salt water thereby causing massive global changes, is very real and scientist do believe that enough fresh water (from melting polar ice caps) being released into the world's oceans would cause world wide and possible cataclysmic changes to the global weather system.

I think the simplest and most effective way of eliminating the danger caused by hurricanes is to prevent them from ever forming. Find the catalyst that triggers the cycle of events that leads to the formation of a tropical depression and then a hurricane. Find that catalyst and then eliminate it or alter it in a way that disrupts the cycles of events leading to the formation of the hurricane thereby preventing the genesis of whole thing before it ever starts.

At least that's my 2 cents.

Lol, I know it's not possible....it's just one of my fantasy rants...

It probably would work though...course it'd probably freeze all life in the gulf....

wide-e-wide
09-22-2005, 06:10 PM
I'd vote for a 50 foot wall along the coast down to brownsville...hang a right and keep building it right up the rio grande... :D

Now that is actually a good idea. You solve two problems at the same time.
Plus you create a boat-load of jobs for the people who build the wall.
I vote we put the Longhorns logo on every other brick...and name it Willie Nelson wall.

mad_fan
09-22-2005, 06:31 PM
Now that is actually a good idea. You solve two problems at the same time.
Plus you create a boat-load of jobs for the people who build the wall.
I vote we put the Longhorns logo on every other brick...and name it Willie Nelson wall.

I can go with the Willie Nelson Wall part... :D

CoppellCowboy57
09-25-2005, 10:00 AM
I can go with the Willie Nelson Wall part... :D

i would have to call the Great Wall Of Texas...because everyone knows every thing is bigger in texas :)

Mad Hatter
09-25-2005, 01:42 PM
hehe...love the all idea but really the government needs to drop some money into figuring it out it mayb e expensive at first but in the long run if we can neutralize hurricanes b4 they start it would save billions.