PDA

View Full Version : 3A Stand Out OL/DL To SLC

CoppellCowboy57
06-10-2007, 01:04 PM
Fresh Off The CC57 press line:

3As Carralton Ranchview Sophmore OL/DL Ethan Kraus will be attending SLC in the Fall of 2007.

Ethan Is 6'3 1/2 245 lbs. Plays primerly offense his Sophmore season at Ranchview, but had a few big plays on deffense aswell. Next season, Ethan plans to play Offense this year but is verstile and can play either side of the ball. But will prob have a better shot on the SLC Deffense. Hes been a powerlifter at Ranchview since his freshmen year.

Ethan comes from a family of Athletes. His Brother, Adam Kraus will be playing hockey at Boston Universty this fall, after becoming one of the Nations top Goalies in Jr A. Hockey. His Father Swam at SMU, and Qaulified for the Summer Olympics

#51 Ethan Kraus OL/DL:
40m - 4.92 Secs.
Bench - 265 LBS
Sqaut -400 LBS
DeadLift -430 LBS

2006 Season Stats:
Defense -
Started: 8 Games
Games Played: 8 Games
Tcks: 8
Ast Tcks: 14
Total Tcks: 22
Tck/G: 2.8
Fmbl Rec: 1
Sacks: 1

Offense-
Started: 8
Played: 8

OakTreeUp-n-Out
06-10-2007, 01:23 PM
Sounds like the athleticism is there if he's got the drive to make it happen. Could add some nice size to the DL. Is he more of a DT or DE?

drgnbkr
06-10-2007, 01:47 PM
Love those move-ins!

SLC93
06-10-2007, 01:54 PM
Let the recruiting theories begin!:D

RidgePride
06-10-2007, 01:56 PM
I am sure he is transferring to SLC for the academics:)

c-lisle
06-10-2007, 03:05 PM
Let the recruiting theories begin!:D

yeah i wonder how much that cost......

SLC93
06-10-2007, 03:15 PM

;)

ThEgReAtOnE
06-10-2007, 03:17 PM
Well.. I'd be a little more skeptical if he was 6'5 325 lbs... All-State, All-District.. hell, All-Everything... already committed to the "U" of Miami... and transferring in for his Senior year...

Oh wait... I swear I've heard that before...;) ...

SLC93
06-10-2007, 03:20 PM
Well.. I'd be a little more skeptical if he was 6'5 325 lbs... All-State, All-District.. hell, All-Everything... already committed to the "U" of Miami... and transferring in for his Senior year...

:puke :puke LMAO :D :D

drgnbkr
06-10-2007, 03:22 PM

Ahaaaaaaa!

c-lisle
06-10-2007, 03:24 PM
if i were a athlete in the metroplex i would wnat to move there too....just a testament to the greatest program in the country.

Favpack
06-10-2007, 03:40 PM
if i were a athlete in the metroplex i would wnat to move there too....just a testament to the greatest program in the country.

Add up the entire talent pool of the whole Metroplex - and about 20% of those kids, give or take, could afford to move to SLC. From that pool, I'd say SLC gets about 1-2 impact move-ins a year, maybe 3-4 if you factor down to the middle school level.

What other "system" in Texas might get an occasional move-in?

Of course, when a kid moves in, a dedicated thought-he-was-gonna-start kid gets pine time and a slap on the back for being a good practice squad player.

chap fan
06-10-2007, 04:01 PM
And here comes the perplexing part. Those strict UIL rules that shaft so many innocent kids and families who have to move for nonathletic reasons never seem to get applied to talented kids who move to a successful program in the same area.

Yes, I know how it's done--so long as the sending coach signs off on the PFP form, no one bats an eye, no matter how egregious the circumstances.

Still, I don't like the rule. I don't think we can read people's hearts or minds, and I think the rule needs to be abolished, because it's only because a farce and the tool of vindictive coaches. I've see coaches provide totally false testimony before the state exec committee to fabricate a conflict that never existed--but UIL will almost (99% of the time) believe anything the coach says and nothing the parents say.

SLC93
06-10-2007, 05:09 PM
And here comes the perplexing part. Those strict UIL rules that shaft so many innocent kids and families who have to move for nonathletic reasons never seem to get applied to talented kids who move to a successful program in the same area.

Yes, I know how it's done--so long as the sending coach signs off on the PFP form, no one bats an eye, no matter how egregious the circumstances.

Still, I don't like the rule. I don't think we can read people's hearts or minds, and I think the rule needs to be abolished, because it's only because a farce and the tool of vindictive coaches. I've see coaches provide totally false testimony before the state exec committee to fabricate a conflict that never existed--but UIL will almost (99% of the time) believe anything the coach says and nothing the parents say.

I'll go one step further. While I respect what the UIL does in these situations, it's really none of their business. If I, as an adult & parent, decide to move somewhere, for whatever reason, it's really none of their business. We have to have some form of checks & balances to prevent the pandora's box that is recruiting from being open, I support that however if decide to make the sacrifice to get my child wherever he/she has the best opportunites, the UIL and their committee should not be able to interfere in any way. The only exception being the existence of tangible evidence that we have been recruited to come to that school. This is a sports forum, so that's where we look to but there are just as many kids out there who may move for academics, music or the fine arts programs. Those, of course, do not get looked into. No one ever spent money for legal representation to protest a move in who happens to be a talented actor and will take the one act play program to state but a starting quartback move in will get feathers ruffled in a hurry. It's hypocrosy at it's worst.

RidgePride
06-10-2007, 05:27 PM
The good thing is that it is easy to get around the system. Blake Cantu and Mom can attest to that.

Give the UIL a decent excuse, and most of the time you can attend the school of your choice. I have several personal examples that prove this point.

Families do it all the time not just to SLC. It just so happens that when an athlete moves to SLC, it gets everyones attention.

SLC13
06-10-2007, 05:43 PM
Add up the entire talent pool of the whole Metroplex - and about 20% of those kids, give or take, could afford to move to SLC. From that pool, I'd say SLC gets about 1-2 impact move-ins a year, maybe 3-4 if you factor down to the middle school level.

What other "system" in Texas might get an occasional move-in?

Of course, when a kid moves in, a dedicated thought-he-was-gonna-start kid gets pine time and a slap on the back for being a good practice squad player.

Nobody is handed a starting postion at SLC just by moving in!! They have to go out and win it by their play, so let's not shed too many tears for the "thought-he-was-gonna-start" kid........If he's a competitor with some heart he will work hard to improve and win back the job, and if he just sulks and whines about his bad luck then "on the pine" is the best place for him.

drgnbkr
06-10-2007, 07:10 PM
The good thing is that it is easy to get around the system. Blake Cantu and Mom can attest to that.

Give the UIL a decent excuse, and most of the time you can attend the school of your choice. I have several personal examples that prove this point.

Families do it all the time not just to SLC. It just so happens that when an athlete moves to SLC, it gets everyones attention.

No offense ridgepride, but what did Mom Cantu and son Blake "get around?"
She bought a home in Southlake and moved..Thats about as basic as it gets. He didn't move to "stay with a an uncle so he could play football..the family moved..thats about as permanent as it gets.

Favpack
06-10-2007, 07:15 PM
Nobody is handed a starting postion at SLC just by moving in!! They have to go out and win it by their play, so let's not shed too many tears for the "thought-he-was-gonna-start" kid........If he's a competitor with some heart he will work hard to improve and win back the job, and if he just sulks and whines about his bad luck then "on the pine" is the best place for him.

I'll agree with that - I'd bet they'll even be a little harder on the kid.

Folks have been moving their kids to SLC since at least 1980. I remember listening to Paul Hackett, former off. coord. of the Cowboys, say in 1985 " we could have moved anywhere when we came to Dallas, but we chose SLC because of the program, school and community". Enough said.

RidgePride
06-10-2007, 07:23 PM
No offense ridgepride, but what did Mom Cantu and son Blake "get around?"
She bought a home in Southlake and moved..Thats about as basic as it gets. He didn't move to "stay with a an uncle so he could play football..the family moved..thats about as permanent as it gets.

It is hard for the UIL to tell if a family moves for athletic reasons, so I can't make a blanket statement that Cantu did this.

When I was growing up my family moved because we did not like the situation athletically for myself. The move made me an instant starter on my new team plus the team was better.

My dad presented the case that we had to move so that we could be closer to his work. We had no problems from the UIL.

This was a personal experience but It happens all the time every year.

drgnbkr
06-10-2007, 07:25 PM
It is hard for the UIL to tell if a family moves for athletic reasons, so I can't make a blanket statement that Cantu did this.

When I was growing up my family moved because we did not like the situation athletically for myself. The move made me an instant starter on my new team plus the team was better.

My dad presented the case that we had to move so that we could be closer to his work. We had no problems from the UIL.

This was a personal experience but It happens all the time.

I'm not picking on you ..just wondering...I mean it's pretty serious stuff to move into Southlake..you just can't do it for grins...

SLC93
06-10-2007, 07:27 PM
I'm not picking on you ..just wondering...I mean it's pretty serious stuff to move into Southlake..you just can't do it for grins...

:D :D :D :D :D ........grins

RidgePride
06-10-2007, 07:31 PM

No - but you can do it to win a state championship. I know all about the economics of SLC I live maybe 5 minutes away from the high school.

I don't fault anyone for wanting to play for a winner or for a team that has a need for your position.

Hey I agree with your sentiments regarding the issue. I think you should be able to move w/o interruption from the UIL. The only problem as stated is that it opens the door for recruiting.

drgnbkr
06-10-2007, 08:12 PM
No - but you can do it to win a state championship. I know all about the economics of SLC I live maybe 5 minutes away from the high school.

I don't fault anyone for wanting to play for a winner or for a team that has a need for your position.

Hey I agree with your sentiments regarding the issue. I think you should be able to move w/o interruption from the UIL. The only problem as stated is that it opens the door for recruiting.

As a resident of Southlake, I just can't buy the notion of recruiting someone to come play here..it's just too damn expensive...how do you do that?

RidgePride
06-10-2007, 08:53 PM
As a resident of Southlake, I just can't buy the notion of recruiting someone to come play here..it's just too damn expensive...how do you do that?

I never said anything about recruiting. If a family has the will and the means then it is possible to move to SLC for athletic reasons.

dragons08
06-10-2007, 10:26 PM

i've seen our bills. and holy cow... taxes alone cost more than a lot of peoples cars...

SLC93
06-10-2007, 10:34 PM
i've seen our bills. and holy cow... taxes alone cost more than a lot of peoples cars...

Amazing how those taxes never went down. For all those years when we were a small town the excuse was the lack of tax money from businesses. Now there's four of everything business wise in town & still no tax relief.

dragons08
06-10-2007, 10:35 PM
Amazing how those taxes never went down. For all those years when we were a small town the excuse was the lack of tax money from businesses. Now there's four of everything business wise in town & still no tax relief.

their only going up.

they "lower your taxes" but then they raise the value of your house..thus you pay more...

its a scam.

SLC93
06-10-2007, 10:37 PM
their only going up.

they "lower your taxes" but then they raise the value of your house..thus you pay more...

its a scam.

And to think there's a whole statute of law devoted to organized crime. Guess Rico doesn't apply to the government.:rolleyes: ;)

Texasfrog
06-11-2007, 01:57 AM

Plus a few others that are moving in. You should go read the artical in the Miami-Herald that basically is slamming MNW. This sports writer basically says that MNW has all their priorities in the total wrong places and they dont care about these kids futures except what they can do on the athletics fields.

MNW has some of the lowest "State test scores" every year and no one does anything about that. He basically says that they dont care that 4-6 of the students arent succesful in life but let the football team go 4-6 and people would be getting fired.:eek:

Texasfrog
06-11-2007, 02:09 AM
SLC isnt recruiting kids. The families of these kids probably have sit down and looked at schools districts and ect and decided they wanted to move into the SLC ISD for several reasons and not just for athletics.

If I lived in the Metro area up there I would probably move into their school zone so my kids could go there. Good school all the way around.

I have several family members that coach in Texas. Ya, the rules from the UIL about transfers arent perfect and have some flaws in them. But, there still better than almost every other State and their total regard most times for transfers.

My Uncle gave me plenty of examples of kids moving from one apartment complex to another and it put them into another school zone even though it was right on the line. Plus, LaMarque and Texas City over the years have had a few "iffy" situations when it comes to players moving around in that area and even the Hitchcock area (smaller town near them loaded with individual talent).

CoppellCowboy57
06-11-2007, 01:24 PM
For the record this kid wasnt recruited, hes family litrally did move for education, like for real

CoppellCowboy57
06-11-2007, 01:30 PM
Sounds like the athleticism is there if he's got the drive to make it happen. Could add some nice size to the DL. Is he more of a DT or DE?

Hes verstile, he has the speed to play DE. IMO if he added some more strengh he could be an All State if not all american DL

SLC93
06-11-2007, 02:34 PM
Hes verstile, he has the speed to play DE. IMO if he added some more strengh he could be an All State if not all american DL

:eek: Wow! That's pretty lofty praise. As a Dragon fan, I hope you're right.;)

CoppellCowboy57
06-11-2007, 02:54 PM
Ive seen this guy play 3 Game his entire career 2 as a freshmen one as a sophmore. Each time I see him play- he either makes an amazing pancake block or lays a running back out.

I expect him to make an immadiate impact on the offense

dragonsdaddy
06-11-2007, 03:05 PM
Ive seen this guy play 3 Game his entire career 2 as a freshmen one as a sophmore. Each time I see him play- he either makes an amazing pancake block or lays a running back out.

there is more need on defense, imo, but great olinemen aren't sneered at either. hope he can deep snap, too.

CoppellCowboy57
06-11-2007, 03:12 PM
there is more need on defense, imo, but great olinemen aren't sneered at either. hope he can deep snap, too.

Ive never seen him deep snap DD. Im sure he can learn, mind you hes only a jr. coming into this season. he'll have time to develop as well.

SLC93
06-11-2007, 03:26 PM

We'd like to see the laying out of running back this year as we break in a new defensive unit.:D

CoppellCowboy57
06-11-2007, 03:33 PM
Boy I hope so...I wish I was there to see some games of his next season...This kid is actolly worth me coming to SLC to watch a game...(thats saying alot y'all)

KT2000
06-11-2007, 03:44 PM
I've always wondered how they go about determining a family transfers their kid or kids for athletic purposes.

Does the UIL have Robert DeNiro on stand-by at the Capitol building complete with a closet lie detector set-up in one of the offices?

SLC93
06-11-2007, 06:29 PM
I've always wondered how they go about determining a family transfers their kid or kids for athletic purposes.

Does the UIL have Robert DeNiro on stand-by at the Capitol building complete with a closet lie detector set-up in one of the offices?

:D :D :D

SLC93
06-11-2007, 06:30 PM
Boy I hope so...I wish I was there to see some games of his next season...This kid is actolly worth me coming to SLC to watch a game...(thats saying alot y'all)

I know for a die hard Cowboy that hurt a little coming out.:D

protect-the-tradition
06-11-2007, 09:12 PM

i wonder

dragons08
06-11-2007, 11:30 PM

just a free house where we pay all the bills and a bentley.

this kid was relatively cheap.

nwbull
06-11-2007, 11:43 PM
:cool: :cool: :cool: HOPE TO SEE HIM IN SEPT
Fresh Off The CC57 press line:

3As Carralton Ranchview Sophmore OL/DL Ethan Kraus will be attending SLC in the Fall of 2007.

Ethan Is 6'3 1/2 245 lbs. Plays primerly offense his Sophmore season at Ranchview, but had a few big plays on deffense aswell. Next season, Ethan plans to play Offense this year but is verstile and can play either side of the ball. But will prob have a better shot on the SLC Deffense. Hes been a powerlifter at Ranchview since his freshmen year.

Ethan comes from a family of Athletes. His Brother, Adam Kraus will be playing hockey at Boston Universty this fall, after becoming one of the Nations top Goalies in Jr A. Hockey. His Father Swam at SMU, and Qaulified for the Summer Olympics

#51 Ethan Kraus OL/DL:
40m - 4.92 Secs.
Bench - 265 LBS
Sqaut -400 LBS
DeadLift -430 LBS

2006 Season Stats:
Defense -
Started: 8 Games
Games Played: 8 Games
Tcks: 8
Ast Tcks: 14
Total Tcks: 22