PDA

View Full Version : Devin Thomas or Marcus Wright??

FootballFan08
05-25-2007, 08:03 AM
Which star would you choose? Sa Madison's Devin Thomas or SA Reagan's Marcus Wright? They both put up HUGE numbers last year but if you had your pick between the two which one would you grab for the upcoming season?

t-long20
05-25-2007, 09:01 AM
this is a tough one, imo i would choose devin thomas i know him personally and have seem him run in fact we had a scrimmage against them last year and we'll have one this year too he is just a great person and athlete

atx
05-25-2007, 11:01 AM
Which star would you choose? Sa Madison's Devin Thomas or SA Reagan's Marcus Wright? They both put up HUGE numbers last year but if you had your pick between the two which one would you grab for the upcoming season?

Wright took his team to the Regional IV Finals. Thomas lead his team to a 5-5 season and lost the last 4 games.

FootballFan08
05-25-2007, 01:53 PM
Ok so your going to take Marcus I take it. Im Devin Thomas all the way he is the best in the city area and probably the state. He will have the Mavericks in shape to contend for next year. And last year Devin Thomas was the only leader on the team, so with one leader and everyone else downsizing eachother its going to be tuff to win. It doesnt matter how good or bad you are.

atx
05-25-2007, 02:11 PM
Ok so your going to take Marcus I take it. Im Devin Thomas all the way he is the best in the city area and probably the state. He will have the Mavericks in shape to contend for next year. And last year Devin Thomas was the only leader on the team, so with one leader and everyone else downsizing eachother its going to be tuff to win. It doesnt matter how good or bad you are.

True. Both backs are D1 players, but if your talking high school, Devin has a chance to take his team on his back and take them very deep into the playoffs. Just like John Craig did for MacArthur last season.

bboy
05-25-2007, 04:35 PM
i take devin because he is bigger and stronger than marcus

FootballFan08
05-25-2007, 04:39 PM
Craig had a sure team around him last year devin did not... and when john craig's team faltered (Cy Falls) he then too could not carry his team on his back. Devin Thomas is better than Craig and Wright and anybody else's name you would like to put out there.

bboy
05-25-2007, 04:45 PM
devin had a sure team around him to until we lost focus and discipline

mad_fan
05-25-2007, 05:29 PM
Wright took his team to the Regional IV Finals. Thomas lead his team to a 5-5 season and lost the last 4 games.

That TEAM quit...Thomas couldn't even carry it...

atx
05-25-2007, 07:48 PM
Craig had a sure team around him last year devin did not... and when john craig's team faltered (Cy Falls) he then too could not carry his team on his back. Devin Thomas is better than Craig and Wright and anybody else's name you would like to put out there.

I would'nt call a team that made it to the state semi-finals faltering. Injuries caught up with Mac in that game and Craig played both ways the entire second half. He carried his team on his back more in that loss, than maybe any of his victories.

I don't think you can call Thomas a "great" high school runing back until he can bring his team to the playoffs, or at least a winning record. I'd take Craig over Thomas any day.

t-long20
05-25-2007, 08:05 PM
I would'nt call a team that made it to the state semi-finals faltering. Injuries caught up with Mac in that game and Craig played both ways the entire second half. He carried his team on his back more in that loss, than maybe any of his victories.

I don't think you can call Thomas a "great" high school runing back until he can bring his team to the playoffs, or at least a winning record. I'd take Craig over Thomas any day.

you must be crazy one person can only do so much, there is always 11 people on the field and football is a team sport in case you didnt know..mac had a two-dimensional offense devin thomas on the other hand was forced to carry the load all by himself and lets not forget 26-5a is a tough district i bet if j.craig played for madison and devin for mac..you'd take thomas over craig. devin must've done something good after all he was all-state last year

atx
05-25-2007, 09:24 PM
you must be crazy one person can only do so much, there is always 11 people on the field and football is a team sport in case you didnt know..mac had a two-dimensional offense devin thomas on the other hand was forced to carry the load all by himself and lets not forget 26-5a is a tough district i bet if j.craig played for madison and devin for mac..you'd take thomas over craig. devin must've done something good after all he was all-state last year

And David Carr is a better QB than Tom Brady.

The original question is kinda stupid because they are both D1, good backs. It's kind of like asking if you want a Lexus or Mercedes and then arguing about it.

You can't argue with results though. Anyone who watched these backs play last year, knows that Marcus Wright and Jonathon Craig took their teams as far as they went. I know there are 11 players out there, but big time backs seperate the winning teams from the losing teams. Devin will get his chance this year.

But If I had to pick one of the two to put on my high school backfield, I'd take Wright.

FootballFan08
05-25-2007, 11:54 PM
Well at least your the ONLY one

t-long20
05-26-2007, 10:09 AM
Well at least your the ONLY one

i agree

SACokeSooner
05-26-2007, 10:12 AM
I'd take Wright.

svfootball45
05-26-2007, 09:47 PM
That is a tough question so what i would do is get both backs and do what texas did let marcus and devin share the load with two leaders you could take a team to state as long as the defense kept up

nevaplayedk9
05-27-2007, 10:43 PM
marcus wright, no wait....devin thomas....both are blessed with talent, hope they do well. good luck