PDA

View Full Version : Why does this NOT surprise me (Grapevine) ???

ScottTSU4
04-27-2007, 03:58 PM
Classy...

http://www.star-telegram.com/189/story/83604.html

Police: Grapevine football player punched coach in face
By DOMINGO RAMIREZ JR.
STAR-TELEGRAM STAFF WRITER
GRAPEVINE — A Grapevine High School football player was arrested Thursday on suspicion of assaulting a coach during a practice.

The 15-year-old threw one punch at Coach Aaron Clark after the player became upset during a blocking drill, according to a police report.

The teen was taken to the Lynn W. Ross Juvenile Detention Center in Fort Worth after the incident, police said.

He is expected to be charged with delinquent conduct/assault on a public servant, a felony, said Grapevine police Sgt. Todd Dearing on Friday.

Police received a report about 12:50 p.m. Thursday of the assault at a school’s field.

When the teen lost his temper with another player during the drill and grabbed the player’s head, Clark stepped in to break it up, Dearing said.

At some point, the 15-year-old turned toward Clark and punched him in the face, police said.

The teen then walked to the sideline and sat down, police said. Clark suffered a minor cut under his eye and was treated at the scene, police said.

The 15-year-old was on the sideline when police arrived.

KT2000
04-27-2007, 04:05 PM
I wonder if it is a requirement that police are called by the district. Honestly, I'd rather have been at a juve facility than face the what the coaches would have done to me at Katy.

I'm sure most programs have had something like that happen.

Owned05
04-27-2007, 04:18 PM
You stay classy, Grapevine.

stangs3434
04-27-2007, 04:29 PM
grapevine is not a dirty team. it was a freshmen who did it, and he will never set foot in the feild house ever again. so how does one little freshmen punk make us a unclassy team.

Owned05
04-27-2007, 04:31 PM
grapevine is not a dirty team. it was a freshmen who did it, and he will never set foot in the feild house ever again. so how does one little freshmen punk make us a unclassy team.

Are you on the team?

Dude, if you are, go punch him in the face.

stangs3434
04-27-2007, 04:34 PM
Are you on the team?

Dude, if you are, go punch him in the face.

yea i am and i dont know who did it. reading this thing is how i found out about it. so its not getting into a bid deal around the school.

drgnbkr
04-27-2007, 04:40 PM
I kind of have mixed emotions on this one..I kind of wish they could have handled it within the team...Coaches know how to make an impression on young men..at least they did when I was forming my opinions on life..With it going to the cops, my money is on the kid making a wrong turm here, and he won't ever have a chance to atone for what is a huge mistake in judgement...Just my 2 cents

ScottTSU4
04-27-2007, 04:42 PM

Because I played against Grapevine for 3 years. Not the best sportsmanship across town...

DrEdward
04-27-2007, 04:43 PM
This is indeed surprising. Not that it happened at Grapevine, but that the police became involved. It must have been quite serious, otherwise I'm sure it would have been handled within the school or even within the team.

KT2000
04-27-2007, 04:47 PM
This is indeed surprising. Not that it happened at Grapevine, but that the police became involved. It must have been quite serious, otherwise I'm sure it would have been handled within the school or even within the team.

It sounds like a minor scuffle according to the article. Apparently, the coach only suffered a minor cut and it said the player went back to the sideline after he did it. I don't get the impression he mounted the coach and started pounding mercilessly. I'm not condoning the action obviously, but I'm also surprised police were involved after reading the article.

DrEdward
04-27-2007, 04:52 PM
It sounds like a minor scuffle according to the article. Apparently, the coach only suffered a minor cut and it said the player went back to the sideline after he did it. I don't get the impression he mounted the coach and started pounding mercilessly. I'm not condoning the action obviously, but I'm also surprised police were involved after reading the article.

I agree. That's why I am thinking there must be something more to it than is stated in the article. This wouldn't have even made the cutting room floor in that MNW video that was posted on here. I just can't imagine that the police would have been called unless something else were up.

2Rings
04-27-2007, 04:52 PM
I agree, you would think it would have to be serious. But, if that is all the facts that are in the paper, I dont believe the police were needed. I just hope he learns a listen and doesnt go down that other road that we try so hard to detour them from.

PaulinPlano
04-27-2007, 05:06 PM
These days, with all the legal wrangling, school districts have guidelines they must adhere to or they could be held liable by other students for allowing this to go on. I am sure that the coaches would have preferred to keep it in house but had no choice in the matter but to report it. This isolated incident should not reflect on the Grapevine program. Anyone bashing the program is just taking a cheap shot. However, it is a wakeup call to the head coach and administration.

stangs3434
04-27-2007, 05:06 PM
Because I played against Grapevine for 3 years. Not the best sportsmanship across town...

what years did u play?

ScottTSU4
04-27-2007, 05:45 PM
These days, with all the legal wrangling, school districts have guidelines they must adhere to or they could be held liable by other students for allowing this to go on. I am sure that the coaches would have preferred to keep it in house but had no choice in the matter but to report it. This isolated incident should not reflect on the Grapevine program. Anyone bashing the program is just taking a cheap shot. However, it is a wakeup call to the head coach and administration.

Yeah, it's a cheap shot...I'm just messing around...Big Rivalry = Big Talk...No harm meant.

ScottTSU4
04-27-2007, 05:45 PM
what years did u play?

1996-1998 seasons...

BigFanSLC
04-27-2007, 06:02 PM
1996-1998 seasons...

old timer. haha

SLC93
04-27-2007, 06:30 PM
I agree. That's why I am thinking there must be something more to it than is stated in the article. This wouldn't have even made the cutting room floor in that MNW video that was posted on here. I just can't imagine that the police would have been called unless something else were up.

My thoughts exactly.:)

SLC93
04-27-2007, 06:31 PM
old timer. haha

I guess I'm ancient. 1990 - 1992 :eek: :D

stangs3434
04-27-2007, 06:38 PM
1996-1998 seasons...

i didnt even live in grapevine then so i can really defend us. so we might of been a dirty team but at least we were good.

DrEdward
04-27-2007, 06:44 PM
i didnt even live in grapevine then so i can really defend us. so we might of been a dirty team but at least we were good.

Even if the GHS administration/coaching staff at the time was a wee bit short on its ability to count well. :D