PDA

View Full Version : The "spin" offense

jtk1519
04-27-2007, 01:53 PM
Pretty interesting read. I don't think it would ever catch on in Texas at any level, but it would be cool to see...

http://www.americanfootballmonthly.com/Subaccess/articles.php?article_id=4823&output=article

2Rings
04-27-2007, 05:11 PM
Seen this before but it wasnt in the La. country. Several schools have been using this for quite a while now, that I know of. St.Clair in Mo. used it, Jeff City, Mac County,and PB. All four I know used it. They call that particular formation Flex-Bone, instead of true bone two back align in a dbl slot/wing what have you. They use alot of orbit motion, jet, etc. Sometimes they spin the Qb sometimes and sometimes not. It is not a bad little offense. If you dont have a thrower. But this offense has been around. You guys have seen this formation and these schemes before you just havnt seen it with the qb spinning or everytime for that matter. I also thought it was a good read.

dragonsdaddy
04-27-2007, 05:30 PM
kind of a spread/wing t kind of set up. puts lots of pressure on the d to stay home and do their assignments.

2Rings
04-27-2007, 05:47 PM
Your right. Dont recomend man coverage to it. True Flex with the Qb under the center. First time I have seen the Qb the primary in it though. Normally your slot guys are the feature. I bet they are still successful with the priemeter runners, would have to be to be successful in this scheme. Good staff to set around together to make the team better instead of just one or two guys coming up with something. More brains the marrier.

jp744
04-30-2007, 03:54 PM
it is the singlewing without all the over formations. This was invented long ago. Google Spinner Single Wing and it is the same offense.

2Rings
04-30-2007, 09:38 PM
:)