PDA

View Full Version : Pick your poison!

I heard that
04-30-2005, 10:24 AM
If you had one pick and you could play any team in the state at any stadium, who where and when would it be? And would you win??

dragons06
04-30-2005, 10:29 AM
Lamar Vikings at Dragon Stadium, they always seem to talk trash, but we never end up playing.

dragonfootballfan
04-30-2005, 10:51 AM
Lamar Vikings at Dragon Stadium, they always seem to talk trash, but we never end up playing.
I like that pick and I want it to be the cold weather with either rain or a light snow.

LoneStarProud
04-30-2005, 10:56 AM
It will never happen but I would like to see the Division I vs. Division II
champs play on any given year. What a croud that would be. Oh and I
guess I would pick the Alamodome just for weather and mexican food.

CCDawgs05
04-30-2005, 11:00 AM
I would love to play Midland Lee since they dont have Benson anymore....the last time we played em was in the region finals in '98 and we lost 45-17....but we could play at Texas Stadium....

Dds115
04-30-2005, 11:26 AM

Haha, nice pick, I didn't think of that but I agree with you.

jtk1519
04-30-2005, 12:22 PM
Abilene Cooper vs. Austin Westlake at Texas Stadium... revenge for the '96 title game.

My favorite matchup would be Abilene Cooper vs. Highland Park at Ford Stadium because of the coaching connection. I would love to see this turn into a home and home series at Ford Stadium/Highlander Stadium and Shotwell Stadium.

stumpman8
04-30-2005, 01:56 PM
lufkin vs southlake carroll anywhere always a great matchup with tons of class and great coaching

lonny23
04-30-2005, 02:44 PM
Southlake Carroll vs. Converse Judson. They've been the overall best teams in D1 and D2 the last 3 years.

I'd play the game at Memorial Stadium in Wichita Falls since I live about 2 miles from the Stadium. Since SLC gets to play closer to home, they either have to play the last week of December or the middle of August.

drgnbkr
04-30-2005, 03:35 PM
Southlake Carroll vs. Converse Judson. They've been the overall best teams in D1 and D2 the last 3 years.

I'd play the game at Memorial Stadium in Wichita Falls since I live about 2 miles from the Stadium. Since SLC gets to play closer to home, they either have to play the last week of December or the middle of August.

Whatever...whenever...wherever..... ;) ...It would be fun!

BornARebel
04-30-2005, 03:44 PM
Another playoff rematch between LEE and Permian at Jones Stadium. One of my best highschool football memories. I was in football heaven. Yeah we got whipped but i was alot younger back then and was in awe.

stevefoxsc
04-30-2005, 04:32 PM
any fan from temple would want a rematch with the woodlands every one knew they cheated at that play off game tony troup had the pass caught more obivious than william hung horrid singing of she bangs and any were doesn't matter were they wont win :mad:

dragons06
04-30-2005, 04:51 PM
I thought if another, a rematch of the 2003 title game: SLC vs Katy, same place, same time.

cougardude
04-30-2005, 04:53 PM
Abilene Cooper vs. Austin Westlake at Texas Stadium... revenge for the '96 title game.

My favorite matchup would be Abilene Cooper vs. Highland Park at Ford Stadium because of the coaching connection. I would love to see this turn into a home and home series at Ford Stadium/Highlander Stadium and Shotwell Stadium.

I'm surprised Coach Allen has never tried to arrange a meeting between Cooper and Highland Park.

jtk1519
04-30-2005, 06:23 PM
I'm surprised Coach Allen has never tried to arrange a meeting between Cooper and Highland Park.

I dont think you're gonna get Highland Park to leave the Metroplex for a game unless it's in the playoffs.

Jtate862003
04-30-2005, 07:49 PM
lonny how do you figure judson is most sucessful team in division 1 the past 3 yrs lol....

dragonsdaddy
04-30-2005, 09:06 PM
never mind that, if lonny says it it must be so. he would never let your percieved biases of him color his judgement

cougardude
04-30-2005, 10:48 PM
I dont think you're gonna get Highland Park to leave the Metroplex for a game unless it's in the playoffs.

I guess it wouldn't surprise me if those players thought it would be beneath them to have to go someplace like Abilene. :rolleyes:

Rerun
04-30-2005, 10:54 PM
Schertz Clemens vs. Converse Judson @ Smithson Valley
Game in late October, a Friday Night, 7PM kick off. Cool, clear night sky. Clemens wearing the Blue jerseys while Judson wears the Red jerseys. Standing room only for this game.

OUTCOME: TBD

lonny23
05-01-2005, 01:44 AM
lonny how do you figure judson is most sucessful team in division 1 the past 3 yrs lol....
I didn't say successful. I said the overall best. I maintain that Judson was the best team I saw last year and nothing I saw in the title games changed my mind.

Judson has 8 playoff wins in that time. North Shore checks in at 7. Your boys at Lee have 10 wins in the last 3 years. I'm too lazy to count anybody else.

Lonny says Judson should have 10 playoff wins and 2 titles in the last 3 years, with Lee checking in at 9 wins and no titles. That's my point.

Congrats on the 10 wins, the title, and us looking at your logo for another 8 months.

Jtate862003
05-01-2005, 03:25 AM
so there is a method to your madness :)......i didnt make that post to start anything between me and you lonny....have always liked ya and enjoyed reading "most" of your posts...good luck to judson this next yr BTW how are they looking?

CoppellCowboy57
05-01-2005, 09:39 AM
SLC vs Any out of state school, at dragonstadium.

Yeah I Would pay $20 to see SLC and Arlington Lamar go at it..

dragonfootballfan
05-01-2005, 09:52 AM
I want an Evangel of LA. to play SLC at Dragon Stadium

LPMOM
05-01-2005, 03:25 PM
It will never happen but I would like to see the Division I vs. Division II
champs play on any given year. What a croud that would be. Oh and I
guess I would pick the Alamodome just for weather and mexican food.

i second this!!!

RedRage00
05-01-2005, 07:55 PM
Schertz Clemens vs. Converse Judson @ Smithson Valley
Game in late October, a Friday Night, 7PM kick off. Cool, clear night sky. Clemens wearing the Blue jerseys while Judson wears the Red jerseys. Standing room only for this game.

OUTCOME: TBD

Didn't that already happen? ;)

RR

lonny23
05-01-2005, 10:41 PM
Didn't that already happen? ;)

RR
Judson-Clemens were all good games except last year. Clemens is good for a win about every 28 years, so check back in 2031!

Seriously, the rematch could happen in the playoffs this year.

lonny23
05-01-2005, 10:45 PM
so there is a method to your madness :)......i didnt make that post to start anything between me and you lonny....have always liked ya and enjoyed reading "most" of your posts...good luck to judson this next yr BTW how are they looking?
I don't know yet how Judson will be. I expect they'll be real good with the majority of the OL returning. They have some guys coming back on defense.

If Judson goes 3-0 in Pre-District, they'll be pretty good. 26-5A is tough and if they can go at least 6-1, they're a threat to win state. One of these years, they may win state undefeated, but it hasn't happened yet.

Rerun
05-02-2005, 01:44 AM
I hate L2K

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-02-2005, 09:13 AM
P.A. Memorial vs. Lufkin------(which will happen this season!!!!!)

or P.A. Memorial vs. Nac-A-Roaches.

pack0808
05-02-2005, 09:29 AM

how could judson be the best in div1 in the last 3 years when they did not make the playoffs in one of those years lonny??

RP-3
05-02-2005, 09:41 AM
I want an Evangel of LA. to play SLC at Dragon Stadium

Dragons would kill them. However Longview vs SLC would be a nice matchup IMO...of course neutral sight.

GO LOBOS 2005!!!

dragonfootballfan
05-02-2005, 09:52 AM
Dragons would kill them. However Longview vs SLC would be a nice matchup IMO...of course neutral sight.

GO LOBOS 2005!!!
Last year Longview went to overtime with Evangel and Longview ended up winning. Just by looking at common opponents how would Carroll kill them but would not kill Longview

RP-3
05-02-2005, 09:57 AM
Maybe Kill was a bit strong but you would beat them, JMO. I like SLC descipline. But I believe Longview would give you a better game. Evangel gives Longview a good game evey year but Longview has defeated them the last 3 years. And in 2003 they were the #1 team in LA and I think in the top 5 in the nation.

dragonfootballfan
05-02-2005, 10:01 AM
we'll see what happens this year. I would love for the Dragons to meet the Lobos in the playoffs and I love seeing how Longview has beaten the best in Louisiana the past three years. I think that Longview is teh only team to ever beat Evangel three times in a row which is quite a feat.

RP-3
05-02-2005, 10:03 AM
It would be great to meet SLC in the playoff this year but of course we gotta figure out how to beat those dang Panthers of Lufkin. LOL

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-02-2005, 11:20 AM
It would be great to meet SLC in the playoff this year but of course we gotta figure out how to beat those dang Panthers of Lufkin. LOL
Get Outlaw to transfer his services over to Longview. That's how you beat them.

SummitGrad04
05-02-2005, 11:42 AM

GO LOBOS 2005!!!
I doubt the SLC would kill Evangel. I think it'd be a pretty tight game with Carroll coming out on top.

CoppellCowboy57
05-02-2005, 01:39 PM
Oh Oh Oh I thought of another one

I would wanna see Coppell vs Southlake two seasons ago, but this time on a grass feild in the cold rain of december... I mean two seasons ago the score was pretty close

Bootsdaddy
05-02-2005, 10:11 PM
I doubt the SLC would kill Evangel. I think it'd be a pretty tight game with Carroll coming out on top.

I think Evangel could play 'em tough. Especially if they had a good recruiting year.

LP-79
05-03-2005, 12:17 AM
Scooter why would anybody want to play Nac-a - nowhere. The only thing you would be doing is padding your stats against a team that is not very good. I hope they get a coach that will rebuild their program.

lonny23
05-03-2005, 02:14 AM
how could judson be the best in div1 in the last 3 years when they did not make the playoffs in one of those years lonny??
2003 was not a good year and the Rockets were somewhere around the 40th best team. 2002 and 2004 gave them 8 playoff wins and it should've netted them 2 titles and 10 wins. That's why I said it. The only argument I see against Judson is if you want to say Tyler Lee.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-03-2005, 07:57 AM
Scooter why would anybody want to play Nac-a - nowhere. The only thing you would be doing is padding your stats against a team that is not very good. I hope they get a coach that will rebuild their program.
So I could suit up and make them look bad myself.....LOL!! LMAO!!

dragonsdaddy
05-03-2005, 09:20 AM
woulda shoulda coulda. there are many programs that woulda if they coulda and prolly shoulda. lonny, you are causing yourself some foot pain my friend.

dragonsdaddy
05-03-2005, 09:22 AM
cc-57, what is your definition of close? seems to me a 4 td loss isn't really very clse, but maybe it is for you.

RP-3
05-03-2005, 09:30 AM
Get Outlaw to transfer his services over to Longview. That's how you beat them.

Maybe you should send that advice to your coach in PA. Because you have to play them during the regular season. That probably still wouldn't help you guys beat them.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-03-2005, 09:49 AM
Maybe you should send that advice to your coach in PA. Because you have to play them during the regular season. That probably still wouldn't help you guys beat them.
Awww must be a Longview fan...LOL! Don't worry the Titans will be ready on September 9th at 7:30.

RP-3
05-03-2005, 09:50 AM
Awww must be a Longview fan...LOL! Don't worry the Titans will be ready on September 9th at 7:30.

Most definitely a Longview fan...Trust me I will be monitoring that game with great intrest. Good Luck

GO LOBOS 2005!!!

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-03-2005, 09:59 AM
Most definitely a Longview fan...Trust me I will be monitoring that game with great intrest. Good Luck

GO LOBOS 2005!!!
Good luck? Coming from a Lobo fan must mean bad luck. No thanks.

Go Titans! Go PACK!

RP-3
05-04-2005, 11:02 AM
Good luck? Coming from a Lobo fan must mean bad luck. No thanks.

Go Titans! Go PACK!

Naw man, I mean it. Good Luck against Lufkin and throughout your 2005 season. I have no hard feelings against any team. I wish them all good luck. In the end we are all representing TEXAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL.

GO LOBOS 2005 !!!

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-04-2005, 11:15 AM
Naw man, I mean it. Good Luck against Lufkin and throughout your 2005 season. I have no hard feelings against any team. I wish them all good luck. In the end we are all representing TEXAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL.

GO LOBOS 2005 !!!
Oh, ok. Good luck to yall too, but not against Lufkin..LOL :D

dragonsdaddy
05-04-2005, 11:20 AM
scooter, i'm confused. are you a pam backer, or lp? seems you have enhanced your allegiances towards the north recently, esp when it comes to lview.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-04-2005, 11:22 AM
scooter, i'm confused. are you a pam backer, or lp? seems you have enhanced your allegiances towards the north recently, esp when it comes to lview.
I been rooting for Lufkin since my 9th grade year of High School.

dragonsdaddy
05-04-2005, 11:26 AM
except for 2 games recently, i've been rooting since your ninth grade year too.

Jtate862003
05-04-2005, 11:48 AM
Lufkin 42

Pam 14

there you have it...

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-04-2005, 11:52 AM
Lufkin 42

Pam 14

there you have it...
Hate to break it to you but that aint gonna happen. Not with this year's team anyway. Now maybe the year after yeah, but not this up-coming season.

dragonsdaddy
05-04-2005, 12:33 PM
scooter, you were wailling and gnashing your teeth earlier about pam's chances. what has changed?

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-04-2005, 12:36 PM
scooter, you were wailling and gnashing your teeth earlier about pam's chances. what has changed?
Let's just say when you think kids wont grow up quick they surprise you.

RP-3
05-04-2005, 04:40 PM

I thought I was the only that noticed that LOL

GO LOBOS 2005!!!

wide-e-wide
05-04-2005, 06:07 PM
I think he either grew up in Lufkin and moved ...or he
has family in Lufkin...or both...

Right Scooter?

pack4life
05-04-2005, 07:16 PM
I'll get creative with the main question... I would like to see the best of the best from east texas .vs. the best of the best from any other part of the state, @ rose.......

dragonsdaddy
05-04-2005, 08:02 PM
well 2 out of the last 3 years, if you substitute waco, you've had it. lucky those of us who've been there.

lonny23
05-04-2005, 09:20 PM
Scooter spent some time in Lufkin, but he clearly has PAM #1. The fact that he talks about Lufkin as much as he does shows he's hedging his bets about how good PAM will be. He has to talk trash even if he thinks they'll lose.

I don't buy for one bit that they'll be great because he hates the coach too much. This is the same guy that wants to get on TV on Friday night holding a sign bashing the coach and wants to put a petition in the paper to can him.

I think that covers the gamut of his posts. He knows Outlaw is a good coach and has a good team, so he pumps them up. He's real unhappy that his boys have talent and can't win, but every once in a while he hopes the talent overcomes the coach.

dragonsdaddy
05-04-2005, 09:22 PM
harsh analysis, but from all his prior posts, it is probably more or less accurate.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-05-2005, 07:32 AM
I think he either grew up in Lufkin and moved ...or he
has family in Lufkin...or both...

Right Scooter?
I spent a good bit of quality time there when I got the chance while I was in school and after I graduated. I have alot of friends there.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-05-2005, 07:35 AM
Scooter spent some time in Lufkin, but he clearly has PAM #1. The fact that he talks about Lufkin as much as he does shows he's hedging his bets about how good PAM will be. He has to talk trash even if he thinks they'll lose.

I don't buy for one bit that they'll be great because he hates the coach too much. This is the same guy that wants to get on TV on Friday night holding a sign bashing the coach and wants to put a petition in the paper to can him.

I think that covers the gamut of his posts. He knows Outlaw is a good coach and has a good team, so he pumps them up. He's real unhappy that his boys have talent and can't win, but every once in a while he hopes the talent overcomes the coach.
If the players start doing what they want maybe just maybe we can move past the first round of the "real" season this year. And yes I hate Colbert. This WILL be his last year if we don't make it past the first round.

lonny23
05-14-2005, 08:49 AM
If the players start doing what they want maybe just maybe we can move past the first round of the "real" season this year. And yes I hate Colbert. This WILL be his last year if we don't make it past the first round.
How does he keep his job if he's so bad? Is it like Mack Brown who always keeps his job because he sweet-talks the boosters and his boss?

PackAttack2005
05-14-2005, 09:20 AM
"If the players start doing what they want maybe just maybe we can move past the first round of the "real" season this year. And yes I hate Colbert. This WILL be his last year if we don't make it past the first round."

Scooter, that may be the main problem at PAM and not your coach. I can assure you that the Lufkin players don't do what they want on the field. John Outlaw runs the program, not the players. At some point your players must buy in to your coaches philosophy. If the players never accept what the coach is trying to do, you will never know if your coach has a successful stratagy for your team or not. Coaching, talent, disipline and team chemistry are the keys to a teams success.

KT2000
05-14-2005, 09:29 AM
Actually, Mack keeps his job because he's 43-4 against anyone not named OU in recent seasons ;) ...and that little Rose Bowl thing last January helped too :) . He's the most successful coach Texas has had, by a huge margin, since Darrell Royal as far as W/L goes. However, that game in October has made him a national punchline despite the fact he's one of the best in America if you go by winning percentage for a long tenured coach.

Moving on, I think PA Memorial fans are so frustrated with Colbert because they feel like their talent is as good or better than anyone else in the state.

This is just my opinion, but I think unrealistic expectations were probably placed on the program from the start. Victoria Memorial got similar hype to Memorial when it consolidated. I think people can put too much stock in numbers and talent sometimes.

Many factors must come together for one team to be successful over the course of a season (let alone many seasons), and I believe that gets overlooked. People see the talent out there and assume that should equal domination.

Talent alone will never win a championship. It takes a team of selfless and dedicated individuals who happen to have ability to go along with that. There's no way to know how long it will take a program, if ever, to reach that point but it sure as heck doesn't happen overnight.

Memorial is still a very young program, one oozing with talent, and I believe the Titan program has the potential to become great if things come together. Will Colbert be the man to do it? Maybe, maybe not...but I say be patient with the program and enjoy watching each class of student-athletes grow through the ranks. Scooter, you seem to have a lot of pride in your school so you might recruit a few more people over there like yourself to get behind the players and let them know the sacrifices they make don't go unnoticed. That community support is essential in building any kind of winning program.

eagleike
05-14-2005, 10:55 AM
Finally back on the site!!

I would love to see:

Eisenhower vs. Katy every year at Rice Stadium.
DI champ vs. DII champ play in the SA Alamodome to kickoff the next season.
Every SLC vs. Lufkin game no matter where it is being played.

Texas Hammer
05-14-2005, 03:18 PM
"If the players start doing what they want maybe just maybe we can move past the first round of the "real" season this year. And yes I hate Colbert. This WILL be his last year if we don't make it past the first round."

Scooter, that may be the main problem at PAM and not your coach. I can assure you that the Lufkin players don't do what they want on the field. John Outlaw runs the program, not the players. At some point your players must buy in to your coaches philosophy. If the players never accept what the coach is trying to do, you will never know if your coach has a successful stratagy for your team or not. Coaching, talent, disipline and team chemistry are the keys to a teams success.
I read what Scooter said, but didn't think too much about it the first time. You're not going to have a good year if everybody isn't on the same page.

Texas Hammer
05-14-2005, 03:21 PM
Actually, Mack keeps his job because he's 43-4 against anyone not named OU in recent seasons ;) ...and that little Rose Bowl thing last January helped too :) . He's the most successful coach Texas has had, by a huge margin, since Darrell Royal as far as W/L goes. However, that game in October has made him a national punchline despite the fact he's one of the best in America if you go by winning percentage for a long tenured coach.

Moving on, I think PA Memorial fans are so frustrated with Colbert because they feel like their talent is as good or better than anyone else in the state.

This is just my opinion, but I think unrealistic expectations were probably placed on the program from the start. Victoria Memorial got similar hype to Memorial when it consolidated. I think people can put too much stock in numbers and talent sometimes.

Many factors must come together for one team to be successful over the course of a season (let alone many seasons), and I believe that gets overlooked. People see the talent out there and assume that should equal domination.

Talent alone will never win a championship. It takes a team of selfless and dedicated individuals who happen to have ability to go along with that. There's no way to know how long it will take a program, if ever, to reach that point but it sure as heck doesn't happen overnight.

Memorial is still a very young program, one oozing with talent, and I believe the Titan program has the potential to become great if things come together. Will Colbert be the man to do it? Maybe, maybe not...but I say be patient with the program and enjoy watching each class of student-athletes grow through the ranks. Scooter, you seem to have a lot of pride in your school so you might recruit a few more people over there like yourself to get behind the players and let them know the sacrifices they make don't go unnoticed. That community support is essential in building any kind of winning program.
KT, I think Texas is just like PA Memorial. They have a good record, but don't come close to being as dominant as they can be. They beat an 8-3 Michigan team in the Rose Bowl that wasn't as good as the Ohio St. team that won the Alamo Bowl. The Longhorns have the money, fan base, and players to be the best team in the country and anything less than that is somewhat of a failure.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-16-2005, 09:59 AM
How does he keep his job if he's so bad? Is it like Mack Brown who always keeps his job because he sweet-talks the boosters and his boss?
I think that's the reason why.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-16-2005, 10:04 AM
I read what Scooter said, but didn't think too much about it the first time. You're not going to have a good year if everybody isn't on the same page.
Man there was confusion everywhere in that game against Lamar from what I saw. :(

Yeah everyone has to be on the same page but then again if there is confusion amongst the coaches then the players are gonna basically do what they feel they have to do to win the game. It's sad but true. And as for Colbert, if he doesn't get to atleast the 3rd or 4th round this season he will not be the coach at MHS after the season is over, unless we just can't get a good coach (which I doubt seriously).

pack0808
05-16-2005, 10:35 AM
KT, I think Texas is just like PA Memorial. They have a good record, but don't come close to being as dominant as they can be. They beat an 8-3 Michigan team in the Rose Bowl that wasn't as good as the Ohio St. team that won the Alamo Bowl. The Longhorns have the money, fan base, and players to be the best team in the country and anything less than that is somewhat of a failure.

michigan was a very good team last year and this is coming from an iowa fan. iowa lost for the first time in 3 years to michigan but iowa blew out ohio st last year. trust me that was a great win for texas. any time you win the rose bowl it is a big accomplishment. same goes for the orange, sugar, and fiesta.

Texas Hammer
05-17-2005, 09:24 PM
michigan was a very good team last year and this is coming from an iowa fan. iowa lost for the first time in 3 years to michigan but iowa blew out ohio st last year. trust me that was a great win for texas. any time you win the rose bowl it is a big accomplishment. same goes for the orange, sugar, and fiesta.
It's always good to win the Rose Bowl, but it didn't seem like Michigan was as good last year as previous years. I will say they had Michigan-type talent on the team, though. Ohio St. was down last year, but really stepped up in the Alamo Bowl.

sltnusmc
06-01-2005, 04:27 PM
I would like to see Abilene High get another shot at SLC. That 35-30 game in Texas Stadium was one the best I have been to, not to mention their was a huge crowd, traffic on I-20 was crazy.

drgnbkr
06-01-2005, 10:31 PM
We had fun with it too...let's do it again in this years playoffs! It was one of the better crowds at our 2nd home field...Texas stadium.... ;)

VB Pack Fan
06-01-2005, 10:44 PM
My pick would be Lufkin vs Longview in Dallas at Texas stadium. These two team have history and don,t like each other when on the field, but have nothing but respect for each other after the game. These two teams are like a fifthteen rounder, with both leaving it all out and draining the tank.

Red Raiders
06-02-2005, 08:41 PM
That was the same thread as on the old board, I can remember that. :p