PDA

View Full Version : Texas vs. Rice

jtk1519
09-17-2005, 06:32 PM
The Jamaal charles show is on FSN right now.

GTown02
09-17-2005, 07:01 PM
He is having a field day out there... Im glad there is no Brent Musberger this week. :D

jtk1519
09-17-2005, 07:13 PM
11 carries for 141 yards and 3 TDs... so far. ;)

Texasfrog
09-17-2005, 07:15 PM
11 carries for 141 yards and 3 TDs... so far. ;)

The kid is a phenom.. when he gets about 10 more lbs on him. Look out. His got superstar written all over him.

jtk1519
09-17-2005, 08:08 PM
I'm almost hoping he doesnt put on much weight. The kid is fast as hell with outstanding agility, but he's also very strong that runs between the tackles very well.

FootballJunkie
09-17-2005, 08:51 PM
The kid is a phenom.. when he gets about 10 more lbs on him. Look out. His got superstar written all over him.
Jamal Charles had 10 rushes for 26 yards that is 2.6 yards per carry against Ohio St. They are playing Rice man!!! RICE!!! He is doing what he is supposed to do against an inferior opponent but he is not Barry Sanders. Yet anyway ;)

Texasfrog
09-17-2005, 08:57 PM
Jamal Charles had 10 rushes for 26 yards that is 2.6 yards per carry against Ohio St. They are playing Rice man!!! RICE!!! He is doing what he is supposed to do against an inferior opponent but he is not Barry Sanders. Yet anyway ;)

His also a TRUE FRESHMAN that just came on campus about a month ago. Duuuuu.. Kid was playing High school football this time last year.

No kidding he should be tearing up Rice and La-Laf huh..

You try to knock the kid for only having about 2.5 yds rushing against Ohio St. Not alot of TRUE-Freshman will have 2.5 yds against Ohio St ok Junkie.

I guess you missed all those huge "CATCHES" that the true-freshman had against Ohio st that help swing the game for Texas. I think he had about 6 rec-70 yds.

Like I said JUNKIE. For a True freshman his showing some Greatness that you dont see in a True freshman.

Stop acting like his a freaking 5th year senior and should be alot better.

PS. Today San Diego St RB had 7 car-9 yds against that same Ohio St defense..

Last week UCLA All-Pac 10 Rb- Maurice Drew had 11 car-95 yd -1 td against Rice.

So, again for a TRUE-Freshman we think Jamaal Charles is showing some really good signs of greatness.

jtk1519
09-17-2005, 09:17 PM

Charles was one of the reasons Texas beat Ohio State. He had 37 yards rushing (he had 11 taken away because of the bad reverse pitch to Ramonce), but he also had 69 yards receiving and converted a long, important third down on Texas' game winning scoring drive. He did all that as a true freshman... in a BIG game... on the road... in the SHOE... AT NIGHT!

FootballJunkie
09-17-2005, 09:59 PM
Charles was one of the reasons Texas beat Ohio State. He had 37 yards rushing (he had 11 taken away because of the bad reverse pitch to Ramonce), but he also had 69 yards receiving and converted a long, important third down on Texas' game winning scoring drive. He did all that as a true freshman... in a BIG game... on the road... in the SHOE... AT NIGHT!
Ok he had a good game but it is still RICE and he is still a true freshman what I said was "It is RICE he is not Barry Sanders" then I said "not yet anyway". He is good no question but it is week 3 and "Phenom" is a little strong. That was my point maybe I should have clarified so you could understand.

Texasfrog
09-17-2005, 10:11 PM
Ok he had a good game but it is still RICE and he is still a true freshman what I said was "It is RICE he is not Barry Sanders" then I said "not yet anyway". He is good no question but it is week 3 and "Phenom" is a little strong. That was my point maybe I should have clarified so you could understand.

I'll just say that I'm glad his at Texas and not LSU, Oklahoma or anywhere else. His looking really good for being a true-freshman and he should only get better with more playing time and experience.

wide-e-wide
09-17-2005, 10:43 PM
the haters are coming out of the wood-works fellas.
I for one...freakin' love it.
Just wait till January...they will be everywhere.

jtk1519
09-17-2005, 11:08 PM

Holy crap! JC isnt Barry Sanders?!?! When the hell did this happen?! I wish I would have known he wasnt Barry Sanders before I got all excited. :rolleyes:

FootballJunkie
09-17-2005, 11:42 PM
the haters are coming out of the wood-works fellas.
I for one...freakin' love it.
Just wait till January...they will be everywhere.
You know I'm hatin Wide but if you win in January I will be the first to eat my words but until then I will be an antagonist to the fullest extent possible!!!!

Lufkin_Class_Of_08
09-17-2005, 11:47 PM
what was the final...i switched over to espn 2 to see my second favorite team UNC play wisconsin...i know my owls lost and most likely by a lot...so what was the score...man smu lost rice lost UNC lost UHouston lost last night but duke won (i follow em cuz they are a methodist school)...man my teams were bad this week...i pull for tamu and ut except when they play unc, rice, smu, uh

jtk1519
09-17-2005, 11:53 PM
what was the final...i switched over to espn 2 to see my second favorite team UNC play wisconsin...i know my owls lost and most likely by a lot...so what was the score...man smu lost rice lost UNC lost UHouston lost last night but duke won (i follow em cuz they are a methodist school)...man my teams were bad this week...i pull for tamu and ut except when they play unc, rice, smu, uh

52-10

Lufkin_Class_Of_08
09-17-2005, 11:56 PM
thank you...i had a feeling it would be bad but after giving up 63 to ucla last week its not so bad to see 52 vs a team thats better than ucla...although the UT d was better as last week we had 21 points and this week 10

dragons08
09-18-2005, 12:45 AM
on the road... in the SHOE... AT NIGHT!
ON NATIONAL TELEVISION!

FootballJunkie
09-18-2005, 12:51 AM
ON NATIONAL TELEVISION!
26 yards Im still hatin :D

TheProphet
09-18-2005, 12:58 AM
Wide We Have Jc Haters!!!