PDA

View Full Version : I'm losing Street Credibility

dada
04-03-2007, 10:45 AM
Just thought I would share this.....this past Sunday, I was home alone....the girls were with mom visiting family and my son was with his mom(had my son before I met my wife) so it was a rare day of me being home alone. At first I thought Sunday would be rainy and I would just lay in all day but it looked like it was gonna be a good day so I called a couple of buddies of mine over and we were in the garage and I decide to pull out my "Weekend Rims" and put them on the Monte Carlo. I have a set of glass "84's".....some of the hip hop fans will know what I'm talking about and to cut down on attention I rarely use them and I don't want to sell them, so we jacked the car up....and put them on. I felt like I was 22 instead of 32 so I went into the closet and got my #15 North Carolina, Vince Carter jersey, some Navy Blue Dickie shorts with a nice crease in them...and my navy blue Air Force ones with the Carolina blues Swoosh and Carolina Blue strings.....Yes!!!!! Once again....I'm a "G", the pre-marragie, pre-Kid Dada. So I pull out the Monte Carlo and pass up the usual Car wash to go to the "hood" spot and get a fresh hand wash. I still fit in......once a "G" always a "G"...just like riding a bike. So now, I'm looking good, ride is clean, sitting on swangas. I decide to go to my old neigborhood, so I get on 45......exit Allen Parkway...people looking at me and my fly ride as I cruise up to Taft Steet. I take Taft to West Dallas......West Dallas to Gillette...I see my old Elemetry/Middle School "Gregory-Lincoln", home of the panthers.......Wow I feel good and young....I see everyone posted up at the park with nice clean cars parked up on the grass....I'm gonna fit right in........Jump up sideways on the curb real slow so that I don't scrape the Vouge tires on the wheel well.....Got the windows down.....music blasting and I'm singing the song word for word....all eyes on me......then it hit me.....I was listening to "Heart of Glass" by Blonide.......It's official...the Ghetto Pass is gone.

HUM398
04-03-2007, 10:49 AM
Just thought I would share this.....this past Sunday, I was home alone....the girls were with mom visiting family and my son was with his mom(had my son before I met my wife) so it was a rare day of me being home alone. At first I thought Sunday would be rainy and I would just lay in all day but it looked like it was gonna be a good day so I called a couple of buddies of mine over and we were in the garage and I decide to pull out my "Weekend Rims" and put them on the Monte Carlo. I have a set of glass "84's".....some of the hip hop fans will know what I'm talking about and to cut down on attention I rarely use them and I don't want to sell them, so we jacked the car up....and put them on. I felt like I was 22 instead of 32 so I went into the closet and got my #15 North Carolina, Vince Carter jersey, some Navy Blue Dickie shorts with a nice crease in them...and my navy blue Air Force ones with the Carolina blues Swoosh and Carolina Blue strings.....Yes!!!!! Once again....I'm a "G", the pre-marragie, pre-Kid Dada. So I pull out the Monte Carlo and pass up the usual Car wash to go to the "hood" spot and get a fresh hand wash. I still fit in......once a "G" always a "G"...just like riding a bike. So now, I'm looking good, ride is clean, sitting on swangas. I decide to go to my old neigborhood, so I get on 45......exit Allen Parkway...people looking at me and my fly ride as I cruise up to Taft Steet. I take Taft to West Dallas......West Dallas to Gillette...I see my old Elemetry/Middle School "Gregory-Lincoln", home of the panthers.......Wow I feel good and young....I see everyone posted up at the park with nice clean cars parked up on the grass....I'm gonna fit right in........Jump up sideways on the curb real slow so that I don't scrape the Vouge tires on the wheel well.....Got the windows down.....music blasting and I'm singing the song word for word....all eyes on me......then it hit me.....I was listening to "Heart of Glass" by Blonide.......It's official...the Ghetto Pass is gone.

BWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is the funniest [censored] i have heard in a long time.

Did you get "THE LOOK".

dada
04-03-2007, 10:50 AM
BWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is the funniest [censored] i have heard in a long time.

Did you get "THE LOOK".

DID I????? "Heart of Glass"...."Blondie"....that should say it all

HUM398
04-03-2007, 10:54 AM

"the look" is lethal.

Roll up their and start Bumping some of that Fat PAT... It could possibly reverse the damage.

svhorns
04-03-2007, 11:50 AM
"the look" is lethal.

Roll up their and start Bumping some of that Fat PAT... It could possibly reverse the damage.

It better be a Fat Pat, Big Hawk, Soulja Slim, 2pac, Biggie Remix screwed by DJ Screw...

J-Rock Mom
04-03-2007, 11:59 AM
It better be a Fat Pat, Big Hawk, Soulja Slim, 2pac, Biggie Remix screwed by DJ Screw...

I try putting that music on but my kids say, "Mom, you are too old to be listening to our music." or my 17 year old telling me not to turn it up too loud because I embarrass him.

Too bad there is not a place for us old-timers to cruise where there are other cruises our same age and everybody is in the gleemin cars and trucks with the music from our time blarin, and no one looks at us funny.

ktCarl
04-03-2007, 12:30 PM
You're lucky you didn't become a victim of a drive by mercy shooting.

rwilleby
04-03-2007, 02:20 PM
dada... you have this old white fart rolling on the floor, dude... It's hell getting old...

So, to save you some shame... here's mine... I needed a hair cut... so I thought I'd find a nice little place in Katy to get a trim... A new place opened up down the road an I thought I would give the local guys a shot... Don't care much for the chains...

Now Katy's not like the hood, you know that... So man was I surprised when I walked in and it was a brother's barber shop... Not sure who had a more surprised look on their face, me or the barbers! But I sat right down and waited my turn... One of the guys finally had a chair open and he got the white dude... No combs, only picks and I'm quite sure I'm the first caucasian customer he had... But he made a valiant effort and after five minutes I gave him a $20 and we called it even... I found another establishment down the road... Probably still laughing at me... But that's okay...

A week later a friend of mine had some relatives in town and called me to find out where this place was... He "is" a Brother and lives in Cinco (I don't hold that against him)... Hey, I saved him a trip into town... :)

toddg
04-03-2007, 02:53 PM

the song has a decent bass line, the chic singing is do-able(and still is)..not even the knowing nod could get you out of that one..could it:D

dada
04-03-2007, 02:58 PM
dada... you have this old white fart rolling on the floor, dude... It's hell getting old...

So, to save you some shame... here's mine... I needed a hair cut... so I thought I'd find a nice little place in Katy to get a trim... A new place opened up down the road an I thought I would give the local guys a shot... Don't care much for the chains...

Now Katy's not like the hood, you know that... So man was I surprised when I walked in and it was a brother's barber shop... Not sure who had a more surprised look on their face, me or the barbers! But I sat right down and waited my turn... One of the guys finally had a chair open and he got the white dude... No combs, only picks and I'm quite sure I'm the first caucasian customer he had... But he made a valiant effort and after five minutes I gave him a $20 and we called it even... I found another establishment down the road... Probably still laughing at me... But that's okay...

A week later a friend of mine had some relatives in town and called me to find out where this place was... He "is" a Brother and lives in Cinco (I don't hold that against him)... Hey, I saved him a trip into town... :)

You are brave....lol....My barber is Vietnamese....:D

dada
04-03-2007, 03:00 PM
the song has a decent bass line, the chic singing is do-able(and still is)..not even the knowing nod could get you out of that one..could it:D

I love Blondie..."Call Me" and "Heart of Glass" are great.....when in the proper setting. I was the butt of the joke for a while...lol.....times are changing I guess, but I wouldnt trade it for the world. I felt sorry for them for not being able to appreciate the greatness of Blondie!:D

Matthew 2000 Eagle
04-03-2007, 03:14 PM

Dada, say it ain't so? You're my boy, but, you gotta redeem yourself, BIGTIME!

dada
04-03-2007, 03:17 PM
Dada, say it ain't so? You're my boy, but, you gotta redeem yourself, BIGTIME!

I didnt have any cd's in the car and the ones that were in there my daughter uses them as toys so they were all scartched up...I was listening to a 70's and 80's station....106.9 the point and Blondie was sounding good.:D

Matthew 2000 Eagle
04-03-2007, 03:24 PM
I didnt have any cd's in the car and the ones that were in there my daughter uses them as toys so they were all scartched up...I was listening to a 70's and 80's station....106.9 the point and Blondie was sounding good.:D

I've told you time and time again, go get Jay-Z's Reasonable Doubt CD. Listening to Reasonable Doubt will help you regain your credibility.

dada
04-03-2007, 03:26 PM
I've told you time and time again, go get Jay-Z's Reasonable Doubt CD. Listening to Reasonable Doubt will help you regain your credibility.

Yeah....but I doubt it won't be anytime soon that I will have a free kid-less day like that in the hood....lol.....

I'm not gonna fight it....maybe I should start looking at mini-vans.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
04-03-2007, 03:49 PM
Yeah....but I doubt it won't be anytime soon that I will have a free kid-less day like that in the hood....lol.....

C'mon man! You could've said a Suzuki SUV, mini-vans? Dada, it's gone!

dada
04-03-2007, 03:53 PM
C'mon man! You could've said a Suzuki SUV, mini-vans? Dada, it's gone!

LOL.....yeah you're right...I should have said Suburban or Tahoe...I can get a car seat in there and still keep it gansta

Matthew 2000 Eagle
04-03-2007, 03:54 PM
LOL.....yeah you're right...I should have said Suburban or Tahoe...I can get a car seat in there and still keep it gansta

Fa real! You are killin' me!

Miss Kitty
04-03-2007, 04:10 PM
He is making me crack up. I could so see him trying to be the cool Daddy-O!

Willeby, your new doo looks just fine now. :D

Matthew 2000 Eagle
04-03-2007, 04:13 PM
He is making me crack up. I could so see him trying to be the cool Daddy-O!

Willeby, your new doo looks just fine now. :D

I don't know what to say about Dada! He's always good for a laugh.

svhorns
04-03-2007, 04:46 PM

hahahahaha nice man.... thats hilarious... at least you stayed and see what they had to offer....

rwilleby
04-03-2007, 05:29 PM
hahahahaha nice man.... thats hilarious... at least you stayed and see what they had to offer....

Ha! Well, I thought, what the heck... If it gets messed up I just let them run a #4 all over... But that stuff he put around my ears and neck... Well, let's just say I was a smellin' good!

I may have to meet dada over there so he can show us those wheels and I can introduce him to some of my Katy cutters... ;)

TXFOOSBALL
04-04-2007, 05:16 PM

thats great DADA...I live about a mile from there off of Tuam. I use gilette as a cut through from west gray to my apt. Arent they doing some construction on that elementary. I always thought about that school as I passed it. I thought it would be cool to play on that playground staring up at the skyline as a kid.

dada
04-04-2007, 05:29 PM
thats great DADA...I live about a mile from there off of Tuam. I use gilette as a cut through from west gray to my apt. Arent they doing some construction on that elementary. I always thought about that school as I passed it. I thought it would be cool to play on that playground staring up at the skyline as a kid.

Yeah..it's an elementary and a middle school...they are supposed to be adding on to it and making it a branch of HSPVA. My mom and dad graduated from there when it was an High School....The skyline always reminds me of home and when I was a kid....never really appreciated it until now. I was thinking about buying a house out there.

HUM398
04-04-2007, 05:35 PM

Ever looked at the Skyline from the mean playground of Douglass Elementary...

HUM398
04-04-2007, 05:39 PM
Speaking of Barbers... I recommend AA Barber shop: a touch of class. in Bordersville near Humble..

Do they fix me up... I look clean every Thursday. getting that Fade and edge up... It try to stay Hip:D

TXFOOSBALL
04-04-2007, 05:45 PM
Ever looked at the Skyline from the mean playground of Douglass Elementary...

Nope...Wheres that?

slorch
04-04-2007, 06:44 PM
Hey Dada- it could have been Tom Jones...:D

ktCarl
04-04-2007, 06:56 PM

I believe you are the second white dude customer if you are talking of the place on Franz at Elrod in the Conoco station.

rwilleby
04-04-2007, 07:20 PM
I believe you are the second white dude customer if you are talking of the place on Franz at Elrod in the Conoco station.

Ha! You too! That's the one... But your hair style is easier to work with!;)

wide-e-wide
04-04-2007, 08:16 PM
Dada...I did that once. Had the windows down...arm resting on the door...just leanin' and ridin'. Had the music turned up listening to some Lil' Weezy...I stop at the red light and just happen to glance to my left. Two young(er) guys were in a Jeep laughing.

I forgot I had my then 2y old's car seat in the back and "pull-ups" in the seat next to me.

KT2000
04-04-2007, 09:21 PM
This one's going to the classics. Knowing dada, I can just see it. Got to take care of those 84s.

KT2000
04-04-2007, 09:26 PM
KT2000s rims...

http://www.5atexasfootball.com/focus15s.jpg

I should take a page out of dada's book and keep these things undercover. :)

Slim-Rob
04-04-2007, 09:27 PM
It's okay Dada, just bump some chopped and screwed and you'll be good. ANYTHING chopped and screwed really. Sounds gay but you'd be surprised what i've heard around Judson. Jeez.

Try Break 'Em Off - Paul Wall ft. Lil Keke...

Slim-Rob
04-04-2007, 09:37 PM
RocketTRN's rims:

http://i24.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/89/ff/517e_1.JPG

15's BABY!!!

xcept mine are all dirty and they have the center cover...

dada
04-04-2007, 10:03 PM
This one's going to the classics. Knowing dada, I can just see it. Got to take care of those 84s.

More like this(with my son thinking he's cool)
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f128/dada4w/dude.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f128/dada4w/myspace/481112_6.jpg

KT2000
04-04-2007, 10:34 PM
Candy paint.

dragons08
04-04-2007, 10:37 PM

get a navigator bro, you'll be pimpin.

dragons08
04-04-2007, 10:48 PM
http://i13.tinypic.com/300ftz8.jpg

those are d08's pimpin rims.

dragons08
04-04-2007, 10:50 PM
http://i9.tinypic.com/2uojg40.jpg

d08's mom has some pretty fly rims too.

dragons08
04-04-2007, 10:58 PM
i'll try and get better pictures. those are just cut from whole car pictures i took after i washed em.

BDB
04-04-2007, 10:58 PM
that was uber goober.

haha are those "V'DUB" rims?